Go down
Servant Eteru
Servant Eteru

Heulyn's Adventures: Timeless Mysteries [Eteru/Iammelon] - Page 15 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures: Timeless Mysteries [Eteru/Iammelon]

on Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:21 am
Making the hard choice. To cross that thin line. She heard it before through many variations of it. Truth to be told she was meek. The trauma shaken that burning spirit within her. At first she spared the thought of throwing the towel. That her last assault ended in failure. She doesn’t belong here. That’s what she thought. But the Key spoke otherwise. Hand clasped around the odd handle she could feel the near silent vibrations up her arm. In her mind’s eye she caught a glimpse of her treasury. Before her was a stand that displayed a replica of the Scales of Ma’at. Put together by Inpu to showcase the strength of her spirit. That her heart is as light as a feather. This is what scared her in her spiral of self-doubt and depression. That if her heart would be weighed once more. It would be heavier than the feather. In the midst of her self-deprecation the Scale in her vault shone briefly. As if it felt her troubled thoughts. Unaware of what just happened she softly bit her lip. Wanting to speak but felt that many around her would want action rather than wasted words. Gripping her Key with a bit more pressure she mentally calls out to Inpu.

Heulyn held her breath in anticipation. Half-relieved and half-surprised to see Inpu melting into existence behind her. Taking a few steps to come to a halt beside her. The Anubites present would see this Inpu be garbed a fine black suit. He towers over Heulyn somewhat but overall has a sleek and groomed appearance. The major oddity beside his uncanny resemblance to the Anubites was that he seemed off. In a way he was like a mirage, a projection from somewhere far away. He took a swift look around at his surroundings before setting his gaze on Heulyn. A rich, deep voice came from the Anubite(?) as he spoke to her in a language they never heard before. Inpu gave her a pat on the head. Caressing it a bit much to her stunned embarrassment. Cheeks flush in dark gold. Clearly flustered she responded in the same strange tongue. The Anubites could tell they were having a brief reunion moment. Inpu seemed to be the sort to stick to business. Clearing his throat he looked over to the spirits. “The Anubites I reckon? It’s as interesting an experience to meet you as it is for you. I hope I’m not butchering ‘Iammelonian’ too much. Information is slow. As you can guess I’m not an Anubite despite my likeness. It’ll take too long to unpack what that entails however.” He noted. Easily feeling the tension in the air. “So what is it that you require Heulyn?”

“I...wish for you to make a record of them.” She said to Inpu who made a small tilt of the head. Trusting that Heulyn has a good reason he made a small gesture with his hand. Two large papyrus scrolls materialized that fell into Heulyn arms. The amziel letting out a oompf from the unexpected weight. Nenkidu was there to take the scrolls from her given he was much more suited to carrying the weight. The spirits meanwhile felt nothing out of the ordinary. It didn’t even feel that Inpu looked at them at all which is not far from the truth. He didn’t see anything. Because both Heulyn and he were aware of how vague the mortal mind is. It’s impossible to judge what is truth and deception due to how abstract they both are. So Inpu did it the usual way. Recording their life into a scroll for Heulyn to study later. After all, Inpu has no clue who anybody is.
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures: Timeless Mysteries [Eteru/Iammelon] - Page 15 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures: Timeless Mysteries [Eteru/Iammelon]

on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:31 pm
Menthrasis and Renesab seemed particular unamused as Inpu came into view and they looked him over. The great similarity to an Anubite was not received well by either of them. Renesab was clearly more offended than the High Lord, snorting and muttering, "Are we being mocked? Mighty Mystic wearing a mask of our own kind... Here I thought only the Zantines were so crude." Heulyn would not know it, but Zantines had mocked Anubites in the past by performing grossly inaccurate variants of their traditional rituals while wearing Anubite-looking masks, and then write it down in their own history books as an authentic Anubite custom. Offending Anubite Traditionalism, their species, and their love for accurate history all in one, making it one of the most effective insults the Zantines had. It did not happen of course in the modern times, but the two spirits were not from the current times where the Zantines had cooled off. They lived when this happened, and so their minds went straight to memories of prior insults. Still, fortunately, both of them were smart enough to realize this was not meant to intentionally mock them, so they let it pass, even if they were frowning.

Menthrasis nodded to Inpu, "Indeed, we are Anubites. I'll not ask about the similarities, as I feel I will simply get offended and this is not the time for that. But I will allow you to try and read my soul. Let's see how this goes." He simply stood by and let the process happen. Renesab did as well, although he was clearly not as happy. The result on the scrolls was irregular. As Menthrasis had said, things were more strange when it came to the spirits of Anubites, especially ones as old as they were. Most he would be able to write down became meaningless gibberish, as there was an odd disturbance in trying to read the true story of their souls. A lot of the writing ended up becoming strange accounts of places across the galaxy, small stories of entirely unrelated Anubites and a few Amurrak performing standard actions, literal nonsense in the form of words that meant nothing, and other such things. However, Menthrasis decided to actually help, and did something strange with a flash of his eyes. His soul seemed to soldify, for lack of a better term, and became less see-through. This clearly took effort on his part, but he touched the shoulder of Renesab and the same happened to him. The gibberish faded, and things became more clear on the scrolls. The specifics still seemed out of reach, but now names were popping up as well as small stories from each of their lives. But while all of this was on its own not useful, since it was like taking random pieces and trying to make them whole, something stood out. The name "Menthrasis" appeared more often on the scroll for Renesab, as well as the opposite with "Renesab" appearing on the scroll for Menthrasis. All that swapped was the last name. Rwim on Renesab's Scroll soon turned to Yuya, and Yuya became Rwim on the one Menthrasis. The change occurred as could be best told when both were about seven years old.
Servant Eteru
Servant Eteru

on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:50 am
The response was hardly unexpected to the Welkin who could hear the muttering. It was perfectly understandable given the usual philosophy that surrounds the identity of a unified species. People want to feel that they are unique and when something challenges them, they retaliate. With this in mind he showed no irritation to the accusation. “A understandable thought. Given the lack of context it’s not a leap to come to that conclusion. Whether you believe me or not, I have no intention of mocking anyone. This is how I was born. We live in an infinite universe, so coincidences like this are not as much of an impossibility as one might think. But if it makes you feel better, we only share similarities skin deep. And that I’m hardly common among my kin. My family is individually unique when it comes to facial composition. I could explain more but by then it would be improper for me to derail whatever is occurring here for a round or two of Twenty Questions.” He spoke in a simple manner. Since they already let it pass there was hardly a need to clarify further.

Heulyn was not surprised either. It reminded her of something Tarset told her once over dinner that it was a bit of a shock for Anubites to discover domesticated dogs. That made her feel a bit awkward due to secretly kinda viewing Anubite in the same light as dogs. There had been moments where the idea to be physically attentive to another Anubite crossed her mind. To pet them all over. Sadly that would land her in trouble with a label of being a pervert. These thoughts rumble about in her head as she tries to get the Key to change form because she had seen Goljamush do it before. Fiddling with it while Inpu was talking before finally able to transform it into a bracelet around her left arm. Thankfully it did not take much time. She would have become overly flustered otherwise. Taking a breath she was really starting to feel the weight of today’s event beginning to sink in. It was getting late in the evening when she got the feeling that Sethus would want her home before it got dark. With the key no longer taking up space she took back the scrolls to hold it under her arm. She mused that she must’ve looked quite percuiler with her accessories. For some reason she feels Sethus will be quite amused when he sees her.

All the while her astral projected Welkin friend gave an nod of understanding. “You’re not wrong to feel that. While I’m not looking directly considering I have no context, this is not something that I would do in a public setting. But I trust Heulyn has a good reason for making such a brazen request.” He spoke plainly and to the point. Heulyn looked down from the stern glance to her direction. They both watch the scene unfold before them. Inpu could sense the contents changing while Heulyn did not. Largely she is going to need a few days if not weeks to study the scrolls.

Thus that left them standing there in the silence that befell on them before Heulyn spoke up. “Thank you for the help, Inpus.” She spoke a bit awkwardly.

“No need to mention it. It was worth coming here to see what my kin were talking about. News of extragalactic visitors tends to circulate rather swiftly. Speaking of, I haven’t heard much more of this Aztecha Industries. They seem to have gone quiet recently.” He asks the question to Heulyn who looked up to him.

“Ah, we’re dealing with stuff over here. But I’m sure they’ll be back at it soon.” Their small talk died off given it felt rude to get into a conversation with two other people before them.
Iammelon
Iammelon

on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:32 pm
It was indeed quite awkward now, given what had just happened. The more friendly atmosphere of before was certainly long gone, and not going to return, so the park would be an awkward place for both of them to stay in at the same time. The silence on the part of the Anubite Spirits was finally broken after a while by Menthrasis, who spoke plainly, "It would be best, I believe, to go now. You have the information you should need for the High Lord's mission if that bit of spiritual magic has been successful, and it would be improper of you to not report this to the High Lord as soon as possible. Not to mention the safety of this park is not very high, as Renesab has verified. Given that he is a military man, I will trust in his professional opinion, and therefore I will require you to leave. Seek safety somewhere else. Good luck to you Heulyn, I hope you find the way to developing yourself into the best person you can be, and overcome the problems we had discussed."

With that request for Heulyn to leave, she did get her own reason to go anyways soon after. It was in the form of another batch of texts from Tarset, giving an update on the situation, and fortunately give Heulyn an excuse to leave;

:: Hey Heulyn, big development! ::

:: Sethus came back to the Fortress-Palace, big things have gone down! ::

:: Get back soon! ::

:: Mildir wanted me to add that you should bring back some butter on the way. Do not do that. ::
Servant Eteru
Servant Eteru

on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 pm

It was hard to leave on bad terms but knew that it was best to take her leave. Thank you. High Lord Menthrasis. For what the words you shared with me. I look forward to the day we meet again on warmer sands.” Not wanting to overstay she gave a respectful bow and took her leave. The gathered beings followed suit albeit take their own leave as well.

“Despite the circumstances. It was a joy to meet you again. Sadly I have a session in ten minutes to embalm the deceased. So I take my leave for now. Farewell, and do remember that there are many who wish you well.” Inpu bid his goodbye. Melting back into nothingness.

Nenkidu too took his leave. But not without giving Heulyn a hug before dispersing into their astral form to head back to the desert.

Along the road back she received the text. Fiddling with the stuff in her arms since they are preoccupied she manages to send a text off.

:: Just started to head back there now. Left the park on a sour note (◕︵◕) ::

:: Oh don’t worry. I won’t spoil him this time. (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ::

Empathis on the I was lost in the text. For she sent the servant out from her shadow to go raid Yuya’s storerooms for a crate of butter to ‘relocate’ to her room. Technically she won’t be the one bringing the butter.

A short while later she strode through the gates once more. Flowers still adorning her head and around her neck. And two scrolls under one arm. At the very least she brought something to the table during her time away. Still she felt a wave of tiredness wash over her. Finally being able to feel relaxed in the comforting shadow of the temple-fortress.
Iammelon
Iammelon

on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:07 am
Upon return to the Fortress-Palace, Heulyn would be allowed in by a noticeably reinforced set of guards. Not a problem for her however, as she was at this point recognized by the local troops, so they didn't stop her from getting in. They did however report her arrival to the Lords further within so they would know she had arrived. That was important for the worried Tarset, who of course quite desired confirmation that Heulyn would return safely. Less pleasing would be the other servant with the crate of butter, but that couldn't be helped. Regardless, when Heulyn got inside, Tarset and Sethus were both waiting for her in the main entrance hall, as well as Almas who was casually lounging about on a couch. The Lady-Lord smiled as she saw Heulyn, "Welcome back! I am glad to see you are safe, Heulyn. Nice new outfit there, too! But oh, first, Sethus needs to give an update! Big things happened while you were gone!"

The High Lord, the living one now, nodded. Sethus looked a fair bit more tired, clear that he had been doing plenty on his own through all this time. But he remained firm regardless, standing straight and keeping himself firm for the tasks ahead. He smiled to Heulyn, a bit exhausted but going on to explain calmly, "Indeed, things have advanced rather quickly. Fortunately for everyone, I do not believe there will be any fighting on the streets. Unfortunately, things have developed in a fashion I could not have predicted, which makes a response more difficult to determine. Half of the Yuya Fleet is gone. They left, and where they went I do not know. But of greater concern is a more mysterious matter. Multiple buildings have simply disappeared. Sucali's Pyramid for instance is no longer where it once was, it is gone. Consumed by the sands, as far as we know. I have dispatched Mystics to try and find out exactly what happened, but little information has come from it. We have good news however. Much of the Yuya Family does not support Nerotep's claim, and have publicly thrown their support behind me. I am sure Nerotep knew that he lacked support, so that would explain this tactic of a retreat rather than full engagement. We'll have to keep an eye out for agents of Nerotep trying to undermine us subtly, the fleet Nerotep has kept on his side must be found and destroyed, and we have to find out how they managed to move their buildings. But the homeworld is safe, and that is what matters right now. The Empire is safe. But, on that point, how about your mission? Did you find anything out?"

-

Meanwhile, in an unidentified position, Sucali's Spirit hummed to himself while sitting on his sarcophagus. He tossed a little bouncy ball down, which sprung back up and into his hand to be thrown down again. He idly did this while thinking to himself. Things were going in an interesting fashion, and he was getting a good deal of amusement out of all this. He looked back at the door to the little cafe, which he decided to keep in the Pyramid despite the change in scenery. Never hurt to have somewhere else to lay about as the sands shifted. This was going to take a long, long time after all. The ball settled in his hand once again, and he kept it there. A smile on his face growing as it started to burn to a crisp, consumed by green flames. The ashes were tossed aside, but Sucali's smile remained. He had all the time in the universe for what needed to be done.
Servant Eteru
Servant Eteru

on Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Her Servant would have taken the butter to her room in a stealthy manner. Never being caught with the crate in the first place. Nothing more than a wispy shadow darting here to there with a crate of butter trailing behind it. Leaving his Master alone as she headed inside. It felt nice for her to be in a familiar presence. Despite being tired she managed to put on a friendly face. “Hey Tarset. It’s good to be back.” Any further dialogue she had planned with her friend was tossed aside with the arrival of Sethus. The developing news was ominous but found some comfort in knowing there indeed won’t be any fighting on the streets. Hearing about the disappearances was also quite the mystery. All the while feeling that vague sensation at the back of her mind. Knowing that her connection to Sucali’s pyramid was still present. She didn’t bring it up. It comes down to her Amzielean custom of equivalent exchange. A standard amongst Magi to make up for every deed, item or piece of information given to them with repayment of equal value. While the whole Sucali and Menthrais spiel may be different things. She still felt the need to repay what she did.

She remembered what Menthrais told her. About finding herself to become something truly great. That too will be the other act of repayment. Slight penance aside she went over her recount of her jaunt down the road. Summarizing her discussions with Menthrais that led to a discovery. It then spiral into an intense moment where she called over Inpu to obtain information from them in the form of scrolls. Since she was just talking about what she learned she left out the irrelevant stuff like meeting Nenkidu again and crafting flora crafts. She’ll talk to Goljamush later herself. With that said and having handed over the scrolls. Her body truly felt drained. Leading her to head to bed early. As she falls into slumber she knew that tomorrow is going to be the start of a long road. Nerotep’s scheme may be beyond her. That is something she is aware of. Nonetheless Heulyn will devote herself towards recovery so that she may become someone truly worthy.

: Timeskip = 3 1/2 Years :

And thus the days began to flow by her. Sethus and herself to a extent was interested in diving into the mechanism of her Ahnenerbe.To the obvious reason of uncovering history that the Anubite culture is known for and to being a sort of self-discovery for Heulyn. She came to learn an idea from an old, esoteric book that addresses the idea of Soul Potentiality and Actuality. Going over the concept that anything has the potential to fulfill itself and become complete. Applying the thought to her situation she saw that reincarnation is a fitting supplement to a soul's journey towards complete perfection. Nenkidu aided Heulyn in her studies by giving her books from the treasury that’s written by many different scholars to help her pave her own road to understanding it. One such book was about the Elithquerna Welkin. Mainly going over the cycle of existence, a beginningless cycle of repeated birth, mundane existence and dying again.

In conjecture with her theological exploration into the many concepts of the Soul. From time to time they would perform experimentation of unlocking previous lives. To try to determine a pattern across them to find new pieces of a very large jigsaw puzzle. The more she recollected the more she could start gauging the order of these many lives. While they all feel like a book she read a long time ago she could grasp a sense of relativity. Habjaraja feels the most recent while Helwin feels much older. She also feels the length of the gaps between them but it is very much vague. Overall her approach to all this was to view it as a series of biographies. They may be closed and shelves but they each have some sort of lesson whether it be philosophical, moral, or something mundane. Basically to reflect on them and the choices she once made.

Links of the Chain:
She remember the sun-bleached days of Haymanya Amasol in the world of Gael. From upon her perch in the azure sky she had been a paragon of love and beauty. A saintly woman that embodies the warmth of Gael’s star Amasol. Her role had been to help tie others together in a positive way of relations and to bring confidence to those lacking it. From the crystalline mushroom kingdoms of Armillaria to the murky merchant cities of Muddale. She had been the everpresent light in the sky. She was the true depiction of hope and inspiration, even to those in the deep dark. However her love had been overbearing, all consuming. Crops shriveled up and people fainted in the streets as Gale began to burn. A skilled archer hailing from the misty peaks of Xoalen came forth with a bow forged in the blackest of metal. Notching an arrow he released it into the sky and struck Haymanya. The last thing she heard was the roar of the sky as she plummets to Gael.

She recalled her adventuring days of Haxilya Ashlynn in the world of Drem that was tormented by four fiends sent by the fearsome Archfiend Nortamor. Having joined the party with the supposed Chosen One to get rid of the evil plaguing the land she had been a loyal companion through the thick and thin. She had joined the party with severe amnesia, and quickly grew close to them after they restored her visibility. Despite her memory loss, she had boast a plucky disposition and ever-energetic attitude regardless of the group's daunting tasks save for one notable exception. Becoming separated in the underwater temple in search of Macos, one of the fiends that had dethroned the sea king. Terrorizing the seas ever since. An obese merman-like monster wielding a pole-arm that can control water. Haxilya tried very hard, she really did. But there was little she could have done when she got cornered by the monster and his henchmen. Her flames could only do so much before torrents of water that rip into her flesh and drowned her.

She retained the days of valor as Hjordis Firebrand , first of the Valkyries in the battle-scarred lands of Evalen. Long before she had been a mere sell-sword that was grouped up with random mercenary bands. Clashing in the name of various warlords that had carved up regions of the land for themselves. She had earned so much renown in her career that she was recruited into a knighthood that served an old monastic order. Where she would later pledge to the sacred oath of the Valkyrie. Paladins who took this oath have the tenants of the Valkyrie magically branded on their body, usually on their throats. Those who swear upon this oath are the deciding factor of who dies and who lives on the battlefield. They hunt down anyone who seeks to deliver unrest to the souls they deem worthy to die in battle, and will burn the warrior who rejects their call. Hjordis followed closely to its tenants for many years. Never running away from a battle that she can win. Staying true to the duty of choosing the warriors that are sent to the afterlife or not, to do so without clear judgement is blasphemy. Many battlefields later she came to stand in the muddy ground on the hill. Spear slick with blood. Trying to retain the reason why. Why had she picked up the blade in the first place and chosen this life of violence. In the stroke of irony she failed to see a spear thrust into her side from a warrior she thought had been slain. As she laid there dying she finally remembered. All those years ago she sought the life of war to run away from the grief of her late family that was taken by a plague. She had sought a quick death and many years later, she had found her fate.

She recollected something that someone once told her. That if she were to shine like the star, first she must burn like one. This was her life as Habjaraja Calytrix . At birth she had been imbued with the fire of the star that hung above the land of Xeanloz, She was a warrior templar of the Solari who defends Mount Xorgon with her star-blessed blade and shield. Her skin had shimmer with starfire while her eyes burn with the power of the celestial Aspect that once slumber within her. Armored in gold and bearing a terrible burden of ancient knowledge, She brought enlightenment to some, death to others. To live in the lands surrounding the towering peak of Mount Xorgon is to embrace a life of hardship. That many willingly do so is testament to the power of the spirit to endure anything in search of meaning and higher purpose. As harsh as the rugged foothills of the mountain’s base are, it is nothing compared to the hardships borne by those who dwell on the mountain itself. Living high on Xorgon is fraught with danger. When the glittering mist wreathing the summit descends, it does not come alone. All manner of otherworldly things are left behind when it withdraws; radiant creatures that kill at random and muttering voices that whisper unspeakable secrets to drive mortals mad. For a life spent with danger she had lived a long life in servitude to the Solari. Having died as she had lived. Heralding the dawn.

She extracted the idyllic days of Helwin Fenrie . A baroness in the mellow Riverlands of Ealvean. For the most part, the life of Helwin is among the least noteworthy of her lives. Or perhaps that in itself what makes it so noteworthy. Helwin was a recluse for most of her life. Enjoying the fine wine and sweet bird songs that her estate was known for. Her days were spent either lounging in the sun or reading dusty old tomes that she bought from the nearby market. She had heard tales of war in distant lands and plagues that struck cities dead. But nothing had ever stirred the quiet, forgotten village off the beaten path. Her life had been uneventful. Her sister's family was the head of the estate so she never had the reason to find someone and settled down. But she won’t deny that the life of solitude is a lonely one.

The life of Habrybalar Amaryllis was a vibrant one. A respected Flower Knight in the world of Earrach Gairdín. Rich with a variety of flowers and people, with seven World Flowers as the source of all life. She was born and raised in the city-state of Banan Aigéan. Settled around the World Flower of Everlasting Summer. With a tropical environment one can waste their days enjoying the pleasant sea breeze and sleep in the shadow of huge banana tree leaves. She adored partaking in the famous hot air balloons that fill the beautiful blue sky. Aside from her knightly duties and days spent in leisure. Her life work was that of a scribe. Keeping a diary for not only herself but also the testimonies of others around her. She wished to be full of memories with everyone's memories if possible. So that nothing can ever be forgotten. Beside that she was a hard worker to ensure she enjoyed life as much as she can everyday so she would not have regrets when she passed.

Like Helwin, her life as Habatal Rubin was a fairly mundane world in the standards of her world. Having lived in a seaport named Mearlidale as a shop owner near the busy market streets. It was a world of magic and fantasy. As such many adventurers sought her business out for the many services she offered. Whether it be brewing potions or translating ancient text that people can’t read. Albeit laid back she was a proud alchemist. Adored to study the esoteric philosophical theorems that the world had to offer. So skilled she could have made a one of a kind Philosopher's Stone but decided against it due to lack of that sort of ambition. These peaceful days when a puritan political group took hold in the region cities. Superstition went on the rise that eventually led to the sombering witch hunts. Habatal had been aiding in sneaking people out when they found her.

Lastly she had learnt of the days of Hyacinth Kealynn . A prodigy in the art of Jewel Magecraft. Shy and introverted she navigated the arcane world of Aieona. Lands of white shimmering sand and waterfalls of glittering gold. In the larger machinations of the globe she was hapless to the schemes of two great powers in the land. The Iealousile Empire in which she is an imperial citizen of. And it long rivaling power, the Wogorex Combine. A band of warlords that had united the blasted wastes decades before she was born. Since then they had sought to pillage the resource rich holdings of the empire. One day an recruiter to the Imperial War Mage division had stopped by the university she was attending for the imperial draft. He only needed one and due to her passionate nature combined with the desire for no one else being hurt she stepped forward as tribute. Believing that she could fight so her friends and family don’t have to. That was her vow that she reminded herself of in the next six months spent in drilling her for battle. She did not survive her first assignment.

Heulyn’s Servants:
To add to her workload of various studies. Sethus had displayed interest in seeing more about the Amzilean reproduction of the summoning system. Given Goljamush and the First Hassan are hardly good choices for interactivity (In terms of Sethus) as well the fact that seeing more of her friends is always a nice thing. Sethus also showed curiosity on what Heulyn meant by Divine Spirits that she mentioned long ago. Given it was relevant she saw no reason to not explain. To keep it simple she made a small list of classifications. It's on a crescent order for divine relations (not a powerlevel order) and the numbers are to differentiate the Divine Spirits according to their `nature".

Demi-Welkins Heroic Spirits is summoned by the FATE system. They possess part of the power of their living selfs. Spirits who possess a diluted divinity or blood inheritance with the Welkins. Demi-Welkins are not summonable and are the heroes at their prime. The ones that forged the legends and were made into Demi-Welkin Heroic Spirits after death. Divine Spirits I can be summoned but they are partial ‘Copies/ Bunreis’ of the Welkins or even Pseudo-servants. This happens by either lessening their divinity or finding a suitable host. The main thing is that they lack Authority. Which simply means (If they have authority) that they make anything happen, because they have the right to do it. Divine Spirits II are summoned by other means. Partial (but better) ‘Copies/ Bunreis’ of the Gods. They have Authority to some extent. Divine Spirits III are remnants of the past but not full Welkin, they do however possess more Authority than Divine Spirits II. Last you have Welkin which goes without saying. They are at their prime and very much real.

With the explanation done and a proper room for summoning built she went to perform the first of few summons over the passing years. The first being Ascluphoes who she had previously mentioned was one of her former mentors that taught her about medicine and healing. In life he was a mortal, Zeidaen Demi-Welkin turned full Welkin when Junter pulled him up into a seat of a Welkin. Son of Welkin Aploun, he is a Welkin that represents the healing aspect of the medical arts. He is very passionate about his role as a doctor. To him there’s nothing more worthless than a doctor not in front of a patient. Progress in medicine is endless. Since he was also Heulyn's former doctor he practically demanded to at least tend to Heulyn. Mental illness is still an illness after all. Attending the therapy sessions he quickly gathered a quick understanding of Heulyn distortion. That it’s absurd for her to consider problems about other beings while she is still in ignorance about her own nature.

In respect for the therapist to not derail the sessions he sought to teach Heulyn about Zeidaen philosophies and theology on her off time. One important discussion was addressing the fact that self is in no place to separate itself from others because in the end she is herself and he is himself. To question or pass judgement amongst someone is logically flawed due to the barrier she and him have with self and other. All they know is they both exist in the end. They were born that way and will die that way. It’s impossible to truly be honest with oneself unless she admits that everything she speaks from are the words of others or seeing knowledge as a gift that never stops growing, changing, or adapting all in all. It’s all relevancy in their world and they determine what’s relevant to a sense.Tasking herself to test these limits and draw the lines of her rational is more of an art than it is a skill because she humble herself with the self criticism that one might cast upon her. Yes, it’s bad to go overboard on the matter but know that ther mind holds secrets beyond one conscious understanding. Beyond physical understanding. It’s the mathematical flaw to say that minds are the same when in reality one could argue that they are. It really depends how one observes self and other in the end. It’s something one will only ever know, so don’t fight it. Acknowledge it. Welcome it, ignore it, whatever characterizes one as oneself and there’s a level of comfort within it. A person mirrors their thoughts upon reality with however they see the world. A self fulfilling prophecy per say. Look for things to hold on to that matter in one's eyes. Always be willing to change.

While addressing the self-doubt was important he did not forget to tackle her depression. To start he brought up the Zeidaen story of Sisyphus and its meaning. Sisyphus spent his life rebelling against the Welkin, and now faces eternal punishment performing a meaningless task. However Sisyphus, true to his nature, finds solace in revolting against them. He knows there's no hope in such revolt for his fate is what it is and that can never be changed. His revolt is in embracing his task with all his soul, straining and struggling to push the boulder to the point that he loses himself in the joy of the struggle. When the boulder rolls back down and sisyphus walks back after it he again has a moment of clarity when the existential dread sets in, because there is no solution to this condition. He recognizes the hopelessness of his situation and despairs. But then he sets his shoulder back to the boulder and is again lost in the joy of the struggle. Essentially the point of the story is that there is no solution to the problem of living an absurd, meaningless existence. That the only way to confront it is to fully embrace the absurd, discard all hope, and live in revolt by throwing oneself so fully at a task in life that one loses oneself in the joy of the struggle. So yes, Sisyphus is ‘happy’, but he is not at peace. The author of the story emphatically rejects any worldview that would leave us ‘at peace’ with our existence. Our existence is an endless revolt against the Absurd, fully aware of the meaninglessness of our lives yet choosing to live regardless.

Given Heulyn needs off time to relax and she rightfully does. Ascluphoes sought to employ himself as a doctor to aid the medical staff of the temple-fortress when he’s not working with his prime patient. Gladly helping with them in their treatments and research. Anubite Imperial Naval troopers were a common occurrence in the medbay due to the naval skirmishes that occured over the years. And he ensured that every one of them had left those sterilized doors in perfect health.

The second spirit that Heulyn brought forth is a very close mentor to her. Kheiron , the wisest and justest of all the centaurs in Zeidaen mythos. He was known as a great sage among his kind in Zeidea mythology. He is the son of the Titan Cronos, patron of the harvest and the earth, and the Welkin Philyra, making him a Divine Spirit that would not normally qualify for the status of Heroic Spirit. Noble and caring, he is well mannered and treats everyone with courtesy. In his lifetime, he taught many heroes such as even Asculphoes. He is well respected by his peers for his wisdom and advice due to his honest and upright character.

Kheiron was one of Heulyn’s first Servants and had been a source of moral support when she needed it most. While it might have been seen as obvious he did in fact not wish to bother the mentors she already has. Not to mention he already taught her the most important lesson.That she is magnificent. No matter what suffering awaits her in the future, she can march ahead without losing heart. That's the sort of student she is and he is sure of it. Not to say he did not lend a hand no. It just felt improper to overtake Sethus responsibility. Instead he simply helps Heulyn with her studies and is always open for some discourse. After all, he very much likes dialogue. There are times when men who were deemed stupid have a deeper insight about things than scholars or when great philosophers can not understand something laughably easy. Conversation is truly profound. Beside that, from time to time he takes Heulyn out on a trip. For as the old saying goes: ‘A beloved child should be sent on a journey’.

The last servant she summoned over the years was the ancient King of Conquerors of the distant lands. A king who at one point almost conquered the entire known world of the ancient homeworld of the Zeidaen. Iskandar the Great . Fabled for being the son of Junter and a slew of other grand tales that enshrined him in the annals of history to even when the Zeidaen had long spread out across the stars. That passion towards conquest was not a desire to rule under the name of territorial expansion, but the strong influence of an explorer-like aspect of pursuing an unknown world. This has been apparent in his frequent trips out with Heulyn to explore new historic sights which on a planet like Tombuiron they never ran out of new places to go. While he is wild and somewhat inconsiderate to others, his greed inspired his subjects and ultimately resulted in their happiness. He is always jovial, values friendship highly, and he regards the bond with all of his followers in Ionioi Hetairoi as his greatest treasure. They all, being inspired by such a magnificent king, in turn gives him their undivided loyalty and adoration. He also admires people who treat friendship with sincerity. He is compassionate to those with whom he bonds, such as telling Heulyn that it is natural to be sickened by the universe atrocities and that he would strike anyone who would feel nothing from the sight.  

His way of kingship is his greatest pride. That a king should be setting vivid examples to be followed, bond with his subjects at personal level, and his way of living should be something inspiring to and envied by all under his rule. Ultimately, he would grieve and weep over his losses and mistakes, but he would stay true to himself and never regret decisions made as a king. This is what he had once taught Heulyn before and happily goes about to remind her. To him that is the purpose of Heroes. For the Master to inherit the wills and the ambitions of heroes and then have the option of taking them and living better lives! He bore a deep, personal bond with Heulyn as he had with all his subjects. And so he ensured that she truly lives Life. Whether it be feasting merrily, enjoying the unknown, or even playing video games. Tomes and mysticism is all fine and dandy but it was always important to enjoy life for what it is. He does come to partake in Heulyn teaching sessions to lend a hand. It’s to be noted that he had been ecstatic when he saw her torch-staff. For he adores normal flag-bearers so he quickly understood the symbolism. It was something that fit his master perfectly. Beside Heulyn he bonded with High Lord Sethus, viewing him as a fellow sovereign in a way Goljamush would not. Often he would offer his advice to Sethus consul in military related matters. Since he sadly could not blaze a path with his chariot to bring down Nerotep by himself and with his Master.

Beside the summoned Servants. Goljamush kept his usual routine the same. Although from what Nenkidu told her, she had moved the base deeper into the desert. Nenkidu was very much the middleman between Goljamush group and Heulyn. Often bringing her seasonal gifts from them to her quarters. From time to time he would meet her when she is out and about, especially at the park. King Hassan as per his nature was fairly quiet. Serving as a vigilant protector during the day and night in the shadows of the temple-fortress. Watching over all within from those who seek to threaten it. While he is often out of sight, Heulyn knows how to find him. Their favorite meeting spot is on the topmost walls during sunrise and sunset.

All in all, Heulyn had a long and eventful years in the temple-fortress. It was hard to say that she had recovered. For dealing with trauma is extremely gradual over time. Therapy, diet and exercise and making an effort to socialize more were certainly her main fixes. Over time she just stopped thinking about the dark aspects of life so much and sticking to the meanings that her friends taught her. Still, she knows that recovery is a constant thing. But she does not lose heart anymore. A fact crystalised in her milestone of attaining Yetzirah, the formation of the Ahnenerbe. A ring of shards around her head that looked like they were fragments of the night sky. Ethereal clusters of stars twinkling within them. Was it a crown of starlight that radiated the beguiling light of her soul? A halo that silently sung a hymn to her cosmic journey to ‘perfection’? Or is it a torture device with the entirety of history stacked upon it, pressing down on her till the weight is all she knew? Or perhaps, it is all these things and more. Whatever the case may be. The only thing learned so far from attaining Yetzirah was her body now being strengthened to superamziel levels, as well as no longer able to be killed through vital areas and her bodies seizing to age. The changes were expected and had been discussed prior. Unlike other cultures, Anubite has a more optimistic view on immortality for obvious reasons given they’re technically immortal. From a pragmatic approach, Heulyn being an anchor free immortal mystic gives them an edge against their Zantine rival and even the Golden Dragons.

Beyond her advancements in such an esoteric form of sorcery. She was a good student under the tutelage of Sethus. Her growth was decently comparable to students in prestigious institutions. It helped that her therapy sessions lesson in frequency over the years which in turn gave her more free time. She still goes to therapy of course for roughly four to five times a month for basic counseling. Her depression no longer drowned out the smaller yet quintessentially facets of Heulyn. That is not to say she’s healed. For it’s like a scar. A scar made manifest from the dust and ashes of numerous dead legends. Clinging to a memory of loss and death and many more but perhaps even these scars can fade enough to grant her brighter days. She’s still more sentimental than normal. Someone who remembers the struggles of old more vividly and perhaps more fondly. It’s safe to say she has wisened somewhat. No longer letting the past cast a shadow over her. Planting the Key into her staff, bonding with her Servants, relearning proper magic. All are positive pieces of the past. Showing that despite all the hits she took and the scars she bore, she found something she can take some pride in.

Alongside her studies over the three and a half years she slowly became close to how she was before in terms of socializing with others. The frequent outings got her to interact more with the citizens of Linear City. Eventually becoming accepted as a proper citizen in their eyes. After getting through some culture shock she got a hang of the seasonal festivals and had fun partaking in them. She always did enjoy parties. One thing she made sure to do after having a few months pass was revist the park to mend the broken bridge she made. If successful, I would visit the park again from time to time. Given Mildir would want to visit the park in the first place.

She still kept in touch with Lady Kissa. Truly becoming proper friends when she first came back to Tomburion. For the first time in years having a girl’s day out with both Kissa and Tarset. As well having sleepovers every now and then. By the second year she was sent out by Sethus to work with Kissa in the field since archeology is an important part of Anubite society. While a bit skittish she manages to have a fun time searching through ruins on Angelarium. Getting a better understanding of how Anubites excavate history from the land. Her bond with Tarset could finally be called a bond of friendship. They became close over the years. Almas took notice of this as he kept being rather possessive of Heulyn. Mildir was the same stag as ever. She quickly bonded with Rayumere. Enjoying learning the advanced fields of science known to Hoshizora.

On certain nights she would meet Sucali in that cafe. While she can never be aware of Mystery presence she learned of the Cafe's existence because she made the connection with the knowledge from Hae. She treated the place as a neutral place. As odd it was she found a sort of solace drinking with the mad spirit. With him she could be more open about herself. To talk about the things that she never found the confidence to bring up to others even her therapists. Reminiscing the past tribulations. Beside that they do other nonsensical shenanigans. Like bowling or go karting on custom tracks in the mental, snowy landscape. Of course as is his nature they do end up in fights. It’s petty. It’s dramatic. But she needs the violence of it. The power. Makes her feel good. (It doesn’t. Just a different kind of bad. But even that can help, some days). Afterwards they head to the bar for drinks as if nothing ever happened.

It took time till she finally felt the weight of being the apprentice of the High Lord of the Anubite Empire. Appreciating the meaning of it. She became what any good student should be. Nervous at first she did get the hang of going with him off world to other places. Some were Union bases where they interacted with other leaders and important figures. It was always an interesting experience to meet exotic people across the stars. Sticking to the limits of the student teacher relationship she developed a quick bond with Sethus as well. Especially when he divulges the stuff he found like the smartphone. By this time after so many weeks working at his side. She had accepted the mindset that Tomburion was her new home. That she was a citizen of the Anubite Empire.

:Timeskip End:
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum