Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Harmonious Adventures: Diplomacy is Magic! (Iammelon/Eteru RP) [Retcon]] - Page 4 Empty Re: Harmonious Adventures: Diplomacy is Magic! (Iammelon/Eteru RP) [Retcon]]

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:45 am
Eusebios nods in agreement. With everything set he brought up the information of a private ship that can take them off world undetected. She will be able to transverse Equusalem Ethersea without attracting unwanted attention.

“Hoh?” In her drunken haze she aggressively return the intense kissing. Pressing her generous breasts against his chest as she savors the deep kiss. The trek to the couch was somewhat problematic as her thick legs keep intertwining with his own. Prompting them to almost fall over in a few spots. In their wake they left a trail of discarded clothing.

~Fade to Black~

Enkii muscles seize mid stride as the song wash over her. Her eyes glazing over as her jaw hang slightly open. A strand of droll rand down the corner of her mouth as all thoughts were pushed out of her mind. In its place is a beautiful song. Viin gave a smile as Enkii dumbly sat on her hunches. “Paid close attention here, I’ll teach you on how to maintain this. Avert your gaze to her lower regions.” Noticeable muscle can be seen winking on Enkii lower body. A trickle of sweat could be seen dripping off of her thighs and onto the cave floor. The resulting puddle sending off a bit of steam. “Enkii body is still aching. When you bend the will of others it’s paramount to make and keep them happy. Their thought process can be summarized as ‘This persom makes me feel good. I want to obey this person so they can keep making me feel good.’ An addiction if you will. If you were to relive Enkii she would want to obey your commands more often. If you leave her unsatisfied or abuse her she will break free of her hold.” Viin explains to Rezenary.
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Harmonious Adventures: Diplomacy is Magic! (Iammelon/Eteru RP) [Retcon]] - Page 4 Empty Re: Harmonious Adventures: Diplomacy is Magic! (Iammelon/Eteru RP) [Retcon]]

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:29 am
Caldera was pleased to hear that, and thanked Eusebios before making her preparations for the journey. Gathering her personal group of Rangian Vanguard, she set out to get aboard the private ship, and secretly set out to meet this King Rama X, and hopefully sway him into supporting their political bid for Equusalem. In the meanwhile, Leonious stayed with Menaal. He wanted to see how she was holding up, though Caldera had also asked him to see if she had any sort of contingency plan in place for these developments.

A fair while later, Azdergin finally broke from their intertwined forms. That had been quite the experience, and now as his mind was sobering up he realized what they had just done. Not that he minded too much, he was not currently a married Dragon and so was allowed to enjoy himself, but there would be a fair bit of cleanup involved. Getting back onto his two feet, he moved to collect his lost spare clothes. He wasn't actually going to put them back on, instead throwing them back into the compartment of his armor for storage, and transforming back into his proper Dragon form. He wasn't the sort who could maintain a different form for too long, he hadn't trained enough for that. So, he simply returned to his normal form, and got back into his armor. Azdergin was quite tired, both from the mission and that little escapade, but he could carry himself to a room. He did look over to Caelistianya, throwing her a smile, "Well, I'll admit, that was quite a bit more than my drunk self expected. But I will also say that was a great celebration for a victory well won! Now, I will retire to my bed chambers, once I can find them at least. See you tomorrow Caelistianya! Don't spend too long dreaming of me!" With that, the Dragon set off.

Rezenary was quite happy to see that she had successfully managed to stop the Dragoness, but kept up the song all the same. She was paying close attention, and started to walk closer to the Dragoness in order to get a good look. She was a bit embarrassed to hear how she was supposed to keep them under, but it was helpful advice. A way to induce some lasting control, and thus properly pacify the situation. So, the Anubite nodded to Viin, and through the song told Enkii to keep sitting down. Considering the  difference in size, there wasn't much the Anubite could do, and of course she wasn't exactly familiar with the form of a female Dragoness. But she did know some things about the general female form, thanks to the fact she was of course a female with a form. So, while very much embarrassed, she came over to Enkii to caress her sensitive areas in order to make her feel nicer, and help bring down what was in her mind's desire to the point she could be trustfully pacified.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:50 am
With the group sailing to their destination, Menaal discloses a few tidbits of information. Explaining that each Cardinal are in the possession of a legacy cache. A unique collection of relics and other ancient assets, the contents vary and only the Cardinal knows what’s in their respective cache. Aarushi most likely assume that only the Violet and Blue Caches have stuff that could influence their plans. Thus she doesn’t bother trying to get into the others. While risky, Menaal is aware of one of the things in her Cache that could help them out. A redeemed entity on an uncharted jungle world that could be of great help of using Aarushi corruption against her.

After becoming sober she found herself bathing in the afterglow while he was collecting his clothes. It has been a long while sent she went loose like that. Certainly been a worthwhile experience. “Could say the same about you!” She hollers back in a good mood. Getting up she too would collect her attire before heading to her room. There she uses a secret form of teleportation. The scene around her shifting to a more lavish yet very dusty room. The sense of nostalgia befell on her as she looked around her old room. With a minor display of magic she cleaned up the room a bit. Looking at an old fashioned clock on the counter she could see it was noon here. The Emperor should be well up by this time. Putting away her armor onto her rack she went to get into more befitting attire of her place in society, especially the one she teleported too. With everything set she open her door into an equally dusty hallway. It was no surprise, after all it is an old wing of the Imperial Palace of Instabull. Some wings like hers tend to be left alone in honor of their memory. “Now let’s hope they didn’t do too much renovations since I was last here.” Muttering to herself she took the shortest route to the throne room. Not caring if her sudden appearance in the halls will cause alarm. She was after all not here to sneak around. That is simply not in her nature.

Viin smiles as Rezenary make Enkii submit to her. Having personally known Enkii it was an impressive feat to have her as the first conquest. “Well done Rezenary. She looks at you with devotion. Make sure to savor that expression.” He noted as Enkii pant heavily on her back. Her glazed eyes looking up to Rezenary as if she was the only reason she existed. Rezenary could feel that no matter what she asked, Enkii would fulfill it. “Ah, this is a good place to stop. I’m very proud of you Rezenary, you show great promise. But keep diligent, while the lesson is over we are always learning one way or the other.” With that last bit of wisdom the world around them begin to fade away. With a blink Rezenary would find she was in the same place as before. On Viin’s lap with him looking down to her with a smile. “You did well. Come on let’s celebrate it by having some warm breakfast. My team should be getting up by now.” He suggested which also hint that while they spent many hours in the mind only a few past in the real world.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:59 pm
Leonious was surprised that Aarushi had just dismissed the Yellow Cache out of hand in that case, but it was quite interesting all the same. So, he asked Menaal if she could bring him to that cache, and they could look for this redeemed entity. After all, the more they had to help against this corruption the better, and a weapon Aarushi couldn't see coming would be even better. They would let Caldera worry about the political maneuvers.

Caelistianya's teleportation worked, and she found herself back in the old wing of the palace. It had been maintained rather well, with typical Zantine careful preservation of the past, but it certainly would need some additional cleaning. There had been a degree of renovation since the great old time Caelistianya had been here, as one might have expected with such time passing, but it mostly expansion rather than total change. In truth, once one got past the dust, it was hard to tell the new from the old, so consistent was the Zantine architectural style preserved through the ages. More statues of long past Emperors had been built, and security upscaled to match. Fortunately for Caelistianya, while her appearance was alarming, the Emperor wasn't a fool. She'd quickly find that her path to the throne room was being marked by a row of Rangian Vanguard, who had assembled into an honorguard formation to show the way, and of course show her that the Emperor was aware of her presence and willing to meet.  

The throne room was quite the spectacular sight in itself, though one Caelistianya would recognize. The Throne Room was quite specially designed, with the windows and lights arranged in such a fashion that there were only some areas heavily illuminated. Those being the walk up to the throne, a small section in front of that throne, and finally the great throne itself, which was elevated so the Emperor would be at a greater height than anybody wasn't a Dragon while sitting. The throne was also between two great pillars, built into which were statues of the Emperor's armor. Each statue had the armor holding out their hands, within which burned a bright fire assisting in the specialized illumination. And above the throne was a visible bit of technology, that being a large display screen that currently had on it just the Zantine Empire's flag, but could be switched to show anything the Emperor may desire. The actual walk up was a find combination of a purple silk lined with gold, and a small red line straight down the center, a special sort of welcoming rug. Standing on either side of which were two rows of Rangian Vanguard, fully equipped and in a honorguard formation, standing at attention, weapons ready. And finally, there was the Emperor himself. Having been holding court, he was wearing ceremonial armor, though the helmet was seated on the throne, while the Emperor himself was standing up in front of it, a traditional sign of respecting the visitor by being willing to stand and look them in the eye. Emperor Maximanius XIII Lasacris held the same stature of Emperors of old, pride and power being clear in his form, even if he was rather old now. His voice however, one of his most important abilities, was still holding strong, and boomed out to greet the unexpected Paresusl visitor, "Welcome to Instabull, Paresusl of the North. I recognize you, Protector Caelistianya. Can't say I expected so sudden a visit however, or one at all. I had thought you were retired. So what brings you here to my doorstep? Is there something the Empire can do for you?"

Rezenary was taking in Enkii's new expression and demeanor, and she did find herself savoring the expression. It made the Anubite feel powerful, with quite a bit of influence and ability to make change. It certainly was a nice feeling to have devotion. But she nodded and smiled to Viin, "Thank you! I'll keep learning, of course. That is the Anubite way, to keep learning and respect the knowledge we gleam from the past!" Then, of course, she woke up. She was still smiling, slowly getting up from Viin's lap, "Breakfast sounds nice. They should be having some in the base, let's get some!" She then walked off, leading Viin out of the shuttle and into the Union Intelligence base.

The mess hall of the base was a simple one, and they were serving breakfast right now with a fair bit of variety in the meals, given the differing species they had to serve here. As Viin had expected, his two teammates were awake and they were getting breakfast here as well. Lazlo was actually awake now, and Malcros was much calmer. Other agents around the room were also eating, though the room was hardly at full capacity, which was intentional. The shifts of the agents in this base ensured that most of them were active at any time, and only some were either eating or resting. Thus, while breakfast was being served, this was lunch or dinner for some in here.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:23 pm
Menaal can only assume that she did not appear to be anything worthwhile in Aarushi eyes much to the Menaal sorrow. Still having trouble to come to terms with the betrayal. Despite the world being grey around her, she knows that she can't do nothing. Getting herself together she would lead them off world to the planet Ulysses. An ancient world, its origin lost to the mists of time, Ulysses's entire landmass is now one vast, primeval forest. During the Friendship Era, the Yellow Cardinal at the time had use this as a sanctuary for both herself and the redeemed entity. Beside them the world holds the main Cache Vault where many of the relics are stored and there are regions in the world where bioweapons are located.

For instance there is the Killing Joke Vineyard, a vine-like plant that maintains its blue coloration making it easy to distinguish but it is able to move and burrow fairly quickly. It is a bioweapon that Old Equusalem developed with the Cuthians. A generally lethal, poisonous plant that is able to cause instant transformation in those that touch it. Directly descended from Poison Joke on Equis and similar to its ancestor in many respects, this corrupted version still plays ironic jokes on those that come in contact with it. However, these jokes are lethally dangerous, as opposed to the (relatively) harmless tricks of Poison Joke. It almost always bases its effects on the fears, distresses, and distastes of its victims, and it is very likely to act upon the smallest of off-hand comments, no matter how long ago or how insignificant the comment seemed, so long as said comment involves something of great distress to the victim.

The entire trip to the throne room and walking beneath the beams of sunlight was a nostalgia trip she was not very prepared for. Memories of serving a few Emperors during her time active play across her mind. It's debatable whether she has true patriotism for the Empire or simply she holds great respect for them. Perhaps it was even both. Coming to a respectable distant before the throne she made eye contact with the Emperor. Slightly please to still feel the same air as all those who came before. "Emperor Maximanius XIII Lasacris. It's a honor to share your presence, I can safely say you just as grand as the Emperors I met ages past." She spoke in a clear, regal voice befitting of her former station. A smile present on her face. "Your knowledge is correct your majesty. I lived a long time, done many things, achieved many things, til eventually I deem it was proper to close the book of my life. To heed the curtain call and let the next generation take the stage. Since then I stayed out of galactic affairs, believing that my name will fade with the passage of time. Unfortunately my legacy remained bright, and my name continue to be shared over drinks at a tavern. So much so that when the flames of war ravage the nebula, people had heard of my deeds and sought to enlist me. They have succeeded, for I did not trust Omnipo. It's not long ago that I partook in a combat scenario. There, I had my thoughts validated. Emperor Maximanius XIII Lasacris, as per my ties to the Empire I have brought information that must be brought to the light of the throne. Omnipo, by some means have shackled the spirit of one of the most devoted subjects to his majesty. Attempted to bend him under their will, and would have later used his as a political hostage over the grand Seat of the Imperium. The servant that they have stolen away from these peerless walls, is none other than the legendary Warmaster of yore, and the last. Petros Belisaricuras. In our confrontation he manage to break free of his binds and sought refuge into me. What other choice was there next if not bring the son of the Imperium home?"  

"Hold on there," Viintaasvrii chuckle as he catches Rezenary before she left the room by looping a arm around her torso. "I know you're thrilled with everything so far but lets not go streaking about just yet."  He joked to reference Rezenary state of undress from the love session hours prior.  "Let's get ourselves dress than we go have something to eat." Smiling, he let go of the bare Anubite as he went to get dress himself which was not much since all he needed was his robe. When the both of them were dress they head out into the mess hall. Viintaasvrii going for his usual routine of eating a somewhat big but healthy breakfast. Protein Banana Split, Peppers with "Fit Grits," Egg Whites and Pico de Gallo, Protein French Toast with Sautéed Apples, Anabolic Muscle Bowl, and finally Red-Eye Chocolate and Peanut Butter Protein Parfait with Blueberries and Dark Chocolate Chips. It would be clear to Rezenary that Viintaasvrii is devoted to keeping fit and healthy. Tray loaded he would then go find a open seat with Rezenary.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:12 pm
Leonious stuck with Menaal to reassure her and not let her fall into sorrow again. Which of course meant he went with her to Ulysses, which he found to be quite interesting. It certainly fit as a world to hide a hidden cache on, since with so much forest there was a lot of hiding spots that could be naturally disguised by the trees and brush. Bioweapons were certainly interesting, though Leonious was concerned about this Killing Joke vine. It could be very useful, but it likely could have effects on allies as well as the enemy. Plus it was a bit cruel. So, Leonious decided it would be best to only take a limited amount to use in times on necessity or on people that couldn't be dealt with by conventional means. So, he asked Menaal for what else was on this world.

The Emperor smiled at seeing Caelistianya maintaining her respect and friendliness, since of course it was nice not to have tense meetings, at least at first. The compliment was pleasing as well, but the following information was very much of interest to the Emperor. He was visibly a bit shook when he heard the name. Closing his eyes, Emperor Maximanius considered, and then with his right hand snapped his fingers above his head. This was a form of sign language that Caelistianya would recognize, an order for the guards to clear the throne room of unnecessary figures, and so grant the Emperor and whomever they were speaking with a degree of privacy. The courtiers in the room were shooed away by the Rangians, and a number of those guards went outside to close the throne room doors and prevent entry. Once the room cleared, Maximanius spoke again with his regal air, taking this seriously, "Petros Belisaricuras... The Legendary and final Warmaster. So mighty and respected we did not allow his title to pass on. That is no minor name to invoke. Worse still, I am inclined to believe you on that, given Omnipo's nature, and it is something suitable for the reemergence of a figure such as yourself. But before I do continue, you said you are bringing our Warmaster home? If you speak the truth, then that is something I would be incredibly grateful for. Let us see him, please."

Of course, while the Emperor had asked Caelistianya, in her head Petros was stirring. As far as he was concerned, that was an Imperial Order to show himself, and so his spirit emerged from her mind, taking on its form once more in the throne room, much to the amazement of all present. Even the normally entirely stoic Rangian Vanguard who personally served the Emperor were visibly awed. The Warmaster, once formed, then kneeled down on one knee before the Emperor, bowing his head while speaking, "The Northerner speaks the truth, my Emperor. I am Petros Belisaricuras, and it is a great pleasure to be home on Instabull once more. I am sad to say that I have not the ability to remain permanently. My soul is fading now, after a recent battle, and will pass on for good soon. However I am just happy to be home again for a short while, and not as a pawn or tool. This one, Caelistianya, has been most understanding and helpful in this matter, so I thank her for it. With my brief time left, I wish to do the Empire a service I was unable to do before, and prepare its next Warmaster. A role I hope to find a suitable candidate for in time, such as Caelistianya or another of her caliber, but there are greater issues to account for first. The North is, apparently, quite unstable and prone to collapse. The Empire must act."

Maximanius was visibly impressed with Petros endorsing Caelistianya, but didn't seem as surprised to hear the news about Equusalem. To that, he simply nodded, "I am aware. I have seen the strife in Equusalem for a while, and my daughter confirmed to me through her agents about the issues there, and she is acting accordingly. Still, Protector Caelistianya. The lands to the North were once lands you protected in the name of the Empire. I do not doubt you know of the troubles there. That simply leaves one question. What are you intending to do about it?"

Rezenary was embarrassed to have almost left without getting dressed, the dive into her mind having made clothing slip her mind. So, she took Viin's advice and got dressed before they went to the cafeteria. Rezenary had a more simple breakfast, a simple jelly sandwich, an apple, and some water. She did however understand that the Dragon was being healthy, but he still needed a fairly big meal. He was a Dragon after all, and being in a different form didn't change what he needed to consume. The Anubite ultimately decided it would be a good idea to sit down with their future teammates, so they could get friendly and work together better. When they got there, Malcros waved in greeting, while Lazlo looked to Viin and grinned, "Oh, so I wasn't hallucinating! We are working with a big ole lizard! Nice to meet you for real this time, sapphire scales. I'm Lazlo, the guy you need to keep alive! Something I appreciate, I must say. I have a hard time of that as it is, with Cyboar and all. Work already drains me plenty. Though I guess you've already seen that side of me..."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:28 am
Menaal agreed that’s cruel. In fact that is generally what her Cache and possibly the others contain. Relics and inventions deemed too dangerous for Equusalem to use at its current development. Which is why there is so much secrecy surrounding them to the point of only the holder of a Cache know what is inside. She brought up the fact that she is not saying that they should use it, rather she was making an example of what is hidden beneath the great Ulyssesian Trees. To put it plainly there’s a lot hidden down there and would need the help of the Caretaker of the planet to guide them around. She never met her personally but the entity spoke highly of her.

Caelistianya continues to be flattered by the endorsement but kept her focus on the subject at hand. “Truthfully, have it we’re not for my retirement being broken I would have put faith in my descendants to reenact old reforms to re-establish Imperium Solem out of Equusalem ashes. But as is life, I now find myself placed upon the galactic stage once more. Where I now have no excuse not to lend aid. When Equusalem finally buckles there will be a power vacuum that will be quickly fill with competing factions seeking glory and wealth. While I’m still bound to march to battlefields chosen by my employer, I seek to come out of retirement and take on the reins once more. So that the collapse won’t spiral into many years of infighting.”

Viintaasvrii give a smile at the energetic Bothian as they both sit at the table with table. “No worries at all Lazlo! As for being your bodyguard you are correct in that regard. I’ve fought beside Cyboar once so you have my sympathies in trying to survive.” The fact that Lazlo survived encounters with Cyboar is impressive in his eyes. Chowing down on his breakfast he would sling an arm around Rezenary shoulders. “If case you guys haven’t been notified. This adorable thing is Rezenary, she’s also going to be our partner in our endeavors. Her expertise is being cute. Unfortunately Cyboar have cold, black hearts that have never been touched by cuteness, not even by their own mothers I wager.” He joked with a grin. Enjoying the moment he was having here. To be in a social environment such as this. Safe to say it has been a good long while since the last one. “Haha, seriously though. She’s bright and is good with the arcane…” His arm left her shoulders and unaware to the others, would move down behind her back to give her rump a tender squeeze. “...as well being good in other places. Her versatility will be handy in our mission.” He spoke casually without missing a beat. A large smile present on his face as he gives Rezenary a sidelong look of affection.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:55 am
Leonious was happy she agreed with him, and he kept looking into the relics. He had to say that it would indeed be quite dangerous to use most of them if they were like this, and he decided he would certainly keep up the secrecy himself as well. Lots of this could wait until later to be uncovered. He was interested to meet this caretaker, who he trusted would be fine if Menaal felt they were good. He thus waited to get below the trees, and see this caretaker for himself.

Emperor Maximanius nodded in understanding, "Yes, I can tell it would have been better if your descendants could handle this on their own. But sadly, a crisis would mean that is unlikely. The Empire will in turn give aide as well, and do its best to stay the chaos. If you would help us to reform the Imperium Solem, as a once again loyal client state of the Empire, I believe with efforts combined that power vacuum can be filled before too much trouble comes of it. Nonetheless, I understand that you have some obligations to the Iammelonian Union, who I am supposing were the ones who recruited you to fight Omnipo. So, I offer this. You have my blessing as Emperor to come and lead the Imperium Solem once it is officially reformed. Until then you can stay with the Union, but once the call goes out I do hope you will return to the Empire and lead the restoration, and come out of retirement as Protector once more. This way you can fulfill what you were recruited for until you are absolutely needed, at which time I am sure the Union will be understanding of your deeper obligations to the Empire. I highly doubt they have much interest in a messy north themselves. Is this acceptable to you?"

The actions of the Dragon embarrassed Rezenary, not used to the public compliments. Her embarrassment mounted with the little squeeze, which flustered her. But she did regain her composure soon, a bit more mentally used to this now after all she had experienced, and threw an affectionate smile back at Viin. Malcros seemed a bit confused, openly not getting what he had meant by the end there, while Lazlo laughed. The Boethan completely understood, slapping the table in his amusement, "Hah! Guess you found something pretty good for yourself in this mission, eh scaly? Good on ya! She does seem like a nice one, and hopefully plenty of fun. Pleasure to meet ya, Rezenary. So this is our little team then. Seems good to me! Oh, right, I was supposed to tell ye, but the Director gave me the directions for the mission." He took out a small datapad, waving it about in his hand for emphasis, "Got it all on here, but lemme tell you the sort version. We're going on vacation, sort of. Our destination is Tropicus! Big resort world. We got some information that some of the relaxing rich fellas there are in with the big Boar. One of em is going to have a one on one chat with a Cyboar research officer working on a big project. This is the big chance to beat the lad down, steal his stuff, and figure out what the pig is up to! Pretty alright mission, I'll say. We'll be showing there as resort guests on the same place the big wig who we're going to tail is staying. Time to think of a good plan of action for handling em!"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:48 am
Coming onto the forest floor they would feel a strange presence near him. She look up to see a strange creature lounging across a thick branch. His tail lazily swinging back and forth. A Cheshire grin visible on its furry face. “Fluttering down between the leaves. A butterfly of yellow descends. Bringing along guests upon the breeze. What a lovely sight to bear witness on this eve. It has been awhile Menaal.” The creature spoke in a carefree, relaxed manner. Yet his voice felt off, wrong in a way that it can’t be described. Menaal gave a smile to the creature before turning to Leonious. “This is the entity I talked about, his name is Discord.”

“I have no reason to object, I accept this responsibility.” It’ll be hectic to get back into shape to govern properly. Years of idyllic relaxing has dull her sharp mind to a degree. The recent battle helped her get a sense of just how rusty she had become. “You honor me with your blessings, I’ll see to it that Imperium Solem will shine once more for the Zantine Empire.”

Chowing down on his breakfast he listen to the debriefing with increasing interest. It was the complete opposite to his expectations but he can’t say he’s upset over it. Acting under different personas is basically the story of his entire life, thus going in as guests is more in his nature than spilling blood. That and the setting makes it all the more appealing to him as well. For the reasons that now came to him as he thought of a plan. His tail began to wrap around Rezenary’s own. For he got an idea! An awful idea! He got a wonderful, awful idea! A devilish grin forming across his face he set his utensils down on the tray to explain the plan he cooked up with. “Being a visitor as I’m now will only raise red flags. So I’ll go in with my Anubite form. Rezenary and I will take on the role of a young couple who were recently banished from Tombuiorn.” He spoke in a whimsical manner, almost giggling at the scandalous picture he was painting in his mind. “Reason being is to make a compelling reason on why Anubites who venture into Confederate space for a vacation. To further cover our tracks, say if any other Anubite happens to be there and stumbled upon us, say for someone who is banished they never heard of us. This is where the literal meat of the backstory comes into play. The reading for the banishment had to be something so bad, so inconceivable that the empire ensures that no one remembers us. Story is simple. Rezenary and I will be star crossed lovers. In the face of such pure love the ancients disagreed such the union. I, my character, chose to reject that.” He paused to let the silence ramp up the tension for dramatic effect. “In defiance, we strut into High Lord Anthrak Ithkar Temple and had sex right there on his alter. Smack dab in the middle of all the present spirits. ” He gave a deep chuckle before taking a sip of his drink.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:12 am
Leonious watched the creature, and certainly found it to be an odd one. Both in body and demeanor, with its flowery speech and odd tone. Still, he waved in greeting at him before nodding to Menaal, "Well, he does seem like the interesting sort to assign as a caretaker. But I'm going to assume he's a rather capable fellow. So, Mr. Entity, you mind giving us a tour? Here to help fight some corruption, so it would be nice if you had anything in here that could suit handling that kinda problem."

The Emperor smiled, clasping his hands together before speaking, "Excellent! It will be a good day to have you rejoin the fold of the Empire, and bring glory back to your people and ours! Now then, with that finished, feel free to stay as long as you like. I am sure you have business to attend to elsewhere, but you are welcome here on Instabull anytime when you come in peace, as an honored guest of the Empire. You will be informed quickly when the time comes to return for proper work, I assure you. In the meanwhile, take the time you need to prepare yourself and uphold your other obligations." The Rangian Vanguard, all with their two-handed power axes, tapped the floor at once in recognition of the Emperor's decree, indicating their own approval of this being a good moment.

Rezenary nearly choked on her sandwich as she heard the name of the temple their cover identities would have defiled, her eyes bulging at the sheer amount of blasphemy that would have entailed were somebody to actually do that! So, after two coughs as her good went down weird, she was incredibly flustered yet again. The part she found most shameful was that, when imagining it in her mind, it had its own distinct appeal with all the taboos that would of shattered, and she was most ashamed that she was even entertaining the idea of enjoying it! Meanwhile Lazlo, who knew the name and what it meant, burst out laughing again, the table getting banged yet more by the Boethan, "Hahahaha! Oh by the twelve stars of Caladia that's rich! Yeah, you'd be banished for damn sure for doing that ya bloody perv! Hahaha! Would be a wonder how you survived, really! Hehe, it'll work... Yeah, it'll work fine. That imagination of yours is quite something, sapphire snout."
Meanwhile, Malcros checked the time, and then got up, "Our departure time is approaching soon. I'll go make sure the shuttle is ready. It's the one that looks like a luxury liner, by the way, given our cover. Anyways, I'll meet the rest of you there." With that, the Taurus got up to walk off and prepare the ship.
Considering this, Lazlo nodded, "The bovine is right, time's drawing close. We should get going. You might want to keep the lass in check however, she looks like's there's gonna be a burst." Indeed, Rezenary's embarrassment was rather great, looking down at the table with her hands rubbing together. She was paralyzed by fluster.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:17 pm
"My my my, already giving out demands. Menaal don't tell you have gotten yourself in a one-sided relationship." Discord spoke in a teasing manner. Drawing out a blush in said person. "W-we're just friends Discord. I'm sorry that we came abruptly, it just that as you know things are chaotic in the greater galaxy. We need help." The creature seem amused when she brought up the chaos in the galaxy. Standing up on the tree he gave a catlike stretch before sitting on his hunches. Oh no worries my dear, I can sense the chaos. So I forgive you two. However, one does not simply walk into our garden and meet with the caretaker so no sadly it's not me. If you wish to speak with her hmm...the black one will have to answer three riddles to pass. Menaal eyes widen in surprise. "Wha-why not me?" Her confusion made discord let out a small chuckle. "YOU have the privilege. HE does not."

Pleased for the meeting having gone well she gave a smile as she politely bid farewell for the time being and would await the day she'll be called upon. With a formal bow she would exit the throne room to make her way back to her room. Inside she took one last look around the room. Her gaze lingering on a picture frame on the bedside table for a moment before she uses her technique to teleport back to where she was before. The lavish room transition back to its counterpart. The clock on the wall told her that only a hour has past. Rolling her shoulders she felt it was time to finally get some sleep. Still feeling shore from her drunken one night stand.

Viintaasvrii chuckle rose to a laugh seeing the collective reactions around the table. "I haven't been referred to as the Dragon with a Thousand Faces for nothing! You tend to get a hang on coming up with rich, and unique backstories for a cover after awhile of disguising as other races." He explained his imagination process. When you live for hundreds of thousands of years it's somewhat hard to have a consistent 'main' personality when being influenced by other cultures, while some deep traits remain as seen with those with Alzheimer there is still some degree of adaptation to the local culture. "But yes, I thank you for the praise Lazlo." Smiling he finished his breakfast around the same time as the others despite the fact of having more food. Hearing that the departure times was coming soon he gave a nod in acknowledgement as he cleans up his place. Giving a smirk when hearing Lazlo comment on Rezenary flustered state. "Oh it's alright." He causally noted as he stood up with the empty state. "You will find Rezenary more flexible than the average Anubuite. She'll pass the initial shock fairly quickly. Besides, I happen to have personally known Anthrak. He would've enjoyed the show." He merrily exclaim before turning to return the tray. While what he may be either telling the truth or full on bluffing, he'll let Rezenary imagination do the talking for him.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:32 pm
Leonious was surprised to hear he needed to answer riddles of all things in order to pass. This certainly was quite the archaic place, or... "You wouldn't happen to actually be a Cuthian in disguise, would you? Still, regardless of that, very well. I suppose I am indeed not allowed in the cache just yet, and so I'll do these riddles to get in. Let's hope I can remember some of my wit, haven't done riddles in years."

Once more, nothing stopped her from teleporting back to the base. Even with the hour passed, nobody had noticed her being gone, so she could sleep in peace to recover from the rather turbulent day before. The Union base certainly wasn't as luxurious as the quarters in Instabull were, but that of course was generally a given, and the base was alright in its own right for bed quality. In the morning, Caelistianya would be awoken by a few taps to her side, and when she opened her eyes she would see Chione there, smiling. The Anubite Princess looked down at the waking Paresusl and spoke, "Time to awake, mare of the stars. It is morning, and we are gathering for breakfast. Don't be late now!" She then waved and left the room, heading off towards the cafeteria, leaving Caelistianya to get ready and dressed for herself.

In the cafeteria, the whole strike team was there. Azdergin, Matros, Chione, Yoniria, and of course a now drug-free Ilunaelistianya. Breakfast had been spread out among them, with a Dragon-sized amount for Azdergin. Caelistianya was waved over to join them as they ate, with the Dragon throwing a knowing smile.

Lazlo was content with the answer, giving a thumbs up in approval before cleaning up his food to throw away, and head off for the hanger himself. Still amused by the Dragon's imagination, which he was sure was going to be fun to watch in action. Rezenary meanwhile, still embarrassed, also cleaned up her food and returned her tray. The Anubite was happy with the praise, but certainly doubted that Viin could have known the High Lord, except perhaps meeting his still preserved spirit at some point, but she did know he wasn't quite that type of person to enjoy it. Probably, perhaps his son, but not Anthrak. She was recovering however, and spoke up to Viin about the plan as they moved towards the hanger, "So, if we're going to be a, uhm, couple of star crossed lovers, should we take on fake names? And what are you going to look like as an Anubite? It's important to know, after all!" She was in truth just very curious, which was hardly hidden.

In the hanger, their shuttle had been prepared. It did in every way just look like a luxury liner, something a rich businessman would take on vacation. In alignment with Viin's story, Lazlo was giving it the signature of an Anubite Noble's ship, making them a pair of banished nobles for their extreme act of blasphemy. Malcros was preparing the cockpit, and overall they were about ready to go. The interior of the ship was nice and fancy as well, for a comfy ride. In secret it also had plenty of bits of surveillance and datamining equipment, for their mission.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:44 pm
Discord gave a Cheshire grin at the assumption. "You're not the first to compare me to those fellows who I must say, am quite a fan of. So I suppose there is some influence coming from them." Cackling he snap his mismatch fingers to conjure a 3D '1.' above him in a rather cartoon-y font. As if being typed into existence they would see 3D words come into existence next to the one. 'What Galactic Basic word has three consecutive double letters?'

Giving a smile and a 'good morning' to the Anubite she would get dressed in more casual attire rather than wearing her heavy armor. Heading out into the dining area she went to get a modest amount of food. She never really been much of a big eater in her lifetime. Seeing that she was being waved over she heeded the call with a smile. Especially returning the knowing glance to Azdergin with her own. "Good morning everyone, hope we all got a good rest. Yesterday was quite the ordeal, still feel sore from the scuffle." She started the conversation as she went to eat her breakfast. Unaware to the rest there was a double meaning to her words that Azdergin would pick up on.

The dragon gave a low chuckle at Rezenary excitement. "I suppose I should change forms already." In mid stride his body briefly became a transparent blue form before motes and ribbons of ethereal light circuit around him. The light would then die down to reveal Viintaasvrii in his Anubite shape. While leaner his muscles were still very much defined. Suggesting a build that have either exercise often, been in a lot of combat, or both. Rolling his neck it felt a bit strange to be in this form. "Been a long while since I've been a Anubite." He note before causally slinging a arm of Rezenary shoulders. Walking closer so that Rezenary could feel the body heat now coming from his exposed chest. "Oh it's important, so don't worry my talent is not diminished in this form." He teases Rezenary before address her question in a more serious manner. "Fakes names, hmm. I'll use the first name I used when I first came to Tombuiorn long before it was unified. Lived a good one hundred and twenty-one years on that world. Amr Mesbah. In your down time perhaps it could be a good scavenger hunt to pass the time. Just telling you will be no challenge at all." He gave a light laugh from continuing to play with Rezenary. It was not that he did not want to share about it but he felt it would have been good experience for Rezenary to try to piece together a unknown person from so long ago. Not to say he disapprove of Anubite methods but rather he feels that sometime scholars take their access to the dead for granted. "As for you, let's see. How does Safiya Mesbah sound?" He suggested as they head up into the shuttle.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:42 pm
Leonious smiled and nodded, "I'm pretty sure there is at least a little. Coincidence is less likely with how much you resemble an elder Pundramancer in attitude. Anyways, this is a game now, and we've started. The answer is Bookkeeper. Three consecutive double letters. Is this correct and can we move onto the second?" He was hopeful he got that answer right, based on riddles he had heard before.

The Dragon's smirk showed he had absolutely picked up on it, and decided to join in by nodding his head, "I can safely say I had a good rest. The soreness was felt by me as well, likely boosted by that drinking competition and coming down from it last night. Regardless, I can safely say that while my body is sore, my mind is quite happy. I hope that is felt by the rest of you as well." That last bit was said with a little bit of growth in the smirk as he winked to Caelistianya, as the Dragon was quite sure the rest of them wouldn't be on the same level of satisfied.
It was fairly obvious that Matros was suspecting something with his eyebrow arching up in suspicion at the Dragon's words, but Princess Chione continued normally, smiling and nodding in agreement, "It was an ordeal yesterday for sure. But we were all safe in the end, and that is what counts. The worst we had was somebody getting their rest ahead of the rest of us. So, a success all in all. This spells good fortune for our future endeavors. I do simply hope Ilunaelistianya wasn't too embarrassed when I woke her up this morning, she seemed surprised. Though I do believe the drugs are out of her system now. Though we could always test it to see if she is secretly an Omnipo agent now, hoho!"

The form changed was watched, and Rezenary was impressed by his Anubite look. She blushed since of course she also found it attractive, as one might expect of her in such a situation with his chest exposed. His teasing didn't help her get a little less embarrassed to be thinking about that. He did manage to pull her interest however when he mentioned this name he had apparently used before, and making a little challenge to her. She got fairly serious on that one, nodding her head and already thinking on it. After all, she was an archivists, the Anubites who didn't rely on spirits, the proper investigators and archaeologists, so that was right up here alley, and she nodded firmly, "Oh, I'll figure that out! Might be a bit hard if it was before the unification, as that makes the sources more difficult to come across, but we were still Anubites then! And Anubites are always careful to record. You'll see! And Safiya Mesbah sounds good, Amr. Heh, now we have the same last name. Fits the couple cover."

As they got aboard, the shuttle closed its door. They weren't going to delay here, so the ship started to get moving as soon as it could. But as one could notice, the liftoff of this luxury shuttle wasn't rough, and felt very smooth to those aboard. Even as it sped up, it was all quite calm, giving an indication of the sort of people it usually carried around. Rezenary rested on one of the comfy couches in the ship's lounge, sitting down and liking the comfy cushions. She thought about the distance and then spoke, "We aren't that far away, and this shuttle is a rather quick one. So, this will be a short journey. It'll be quicker to get to the mission site, which is good for efficiency. But, uhm, I'll admit I'm a bit sad given how the last long shuttle ride went..."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:32 am
Confetti and small fireworks pop out of existence above the pair. Showering them in small pieces of paper that vanish when hit the ground. Discord gave a congratulatory clap as the answer pops under question. “Bravo! Bravo! You are doing well so far but don’t get comfortable just yet!” With the snap of his fingers the words began to morph like clay. Reshaping into the next riddle for the young prince. ‘2. If you throw me out the window, You'll leave a grieving wife. But leave me in the middle of the door, And you might just save a life. What am I?’

Caelistianya found it somewhat amusing for a dragon of his status to have such a mischievous personality. Indeed it could just that she has not been with a dragon in a long while. Forgotten that not all of them were world-weary. Her train of thought was broken by Chione’s joke regarding her sister. While defensive and can tell it was meant as a joke, it was not a bad idea in hindsight. “Considering Omnipo nature and from what we’ve seen in the hangars. I feel a test would be good to be on the safe side”

Viin-Amr gave a smile at Rezenary confidence on finding his first tracks across the sand. However there was a small sense of mischievousness to his smile. Wondering if she knew the meaning behind her fake name was Pure. A small joke that he found amusing. Although it was not totally a joke, Safiya was the name of his granddaughter. He felt it was a nice homage to do even if he will be the only one to know it. Who knows perhaps Rezenary can get ahold of the Mesbah family tree. All this thinking of his old life was making him a bit quiet as they came up into the shuttle. It was a paradox really, he distance himself away from the past to not feel the pain yet here he is diving back into it. Knowing full well that when he remembers something he will begin to think on it. Think about the first days he came to the desert world, think of the first days he fought with the Montu Company, think of the first days with the family he started, think of the day he left it all behind to symbolize the death of Amr. Think of his family possibly grieving at his grave, think of where they went in life, think of what became of the Mesbah family. Viin-Amr gave a mental sigh. It’s clear that this thought process will just drag him back into that darkness. Sitting next to Rezenary her joke manage to break the shell that was forming over his heart. Letting out a short chuckle at her disappointment. “That it is.” He agreed, setting a hand on her thigh to give it a short rub. “Normal I would show you how women can achieve an orgasm in a minute. But we should come to the resort at least looking decent. So how about a short lesson instead? Want to stick with what you choose or is there another branch you want to tap in?” He inquired. Normally he would’ve just taught her what they were working on. As he’s the sort that believes practice makes perfect. As a wise man once said, don’t fear a man who can do 10,000 techniques but fear the man who used one technique 10,000 times. But he felt it was also important for Rezenary to learn what she specialize in and what not.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:55 am
Leonious paused for a while on this one, wondering for a while what could save a life if left in a doorway of all things. Then he started thinking less literally, and about the word door. Then, considering the letters in the word window, there was only one thing that linked them that could count, "The letter n, that's the answer. Window becomes widow, and door becomes donor. Is this correct?"

Azdergin, despite his great age and experience, did seem to remain a rather affable Dragon, even as a Warrior. Though that was of course what he showed, it was hard to tell what exactly was going on in his mind at any time. Still, Chione did realize that her joke may yet be a good idea to actually look into, and nodded, "You are correct, it is best to check, just in case. Perhaps the drug left some things behind. A quick check of her mental state should be good, as we already cleared any mechanical possibilities when we brought her in here. Alright Ilunaelistianya, I'm going to put you into a bit of a sleepy state. Much easier to inspect the mind when you're tired, and that's what the drug made you be anyways! Sorry that you have to sleep again so soon, but this time I'll wake you up much sooner!" With those condolences in mind, Chione pressed a hand to Ilunaelistianya's forehead, attempting to put her to sleep, which would be easily resistible if desired. Afterwords she looked to Caelistianya, "Now, you and Azdergin should go inside. Her head, I mean. I'll let the two of you into her mindscape to investigate alongside her own consciousness, and see if there is anything unusual in there. Just take my hand and I'll send you in. Do be a bit careful what you do in there however." While one hand stayed connected to the sleeping mare's forehead, she extended her free hand, which was now glowing.

Rezenary, or Safiya as she would be when they got to the resort, did not catch the meaning of the name, but it was likely she would have gotten flustered again if she figured it out, so Viin could use that later. She of course was not presently aware of what was going on in his heart, only knowing what was outside. While she got a bit embarrassed at his touch, she was interested in the proposal, and nodded, "Training is good! And let's stick to what you were teaching me before. It's not smart to start looking into other things until you're confident in what you already know. Plus, I need more practice."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:48 pm
The air around them became alive once more with popping confetti. "You're correct once more my good fellow!" He exclaimed cheerfully. Leaning forward to drop off the tree branch. His feline form floating haphazardly towards the ground like a leaf before landing on his hunches. "Here's the last riddle of the evening. The final block to partake in some tea with with Caretaker and the side prize of a luxury car!" Snapping his fingers once more the riddle changes into the third and final riddle. 'What gets longer when pulled, fits between breasts, slides neatly into a hole, has choked people when used improperly, and works best when jerked?'. Menaal could not help but blush slightly at the riddle which receive a silent chuckle from Discord.

"It would be preferable if I just went." Caelistianya spoke against the plan. Entering one mindscape is a personal affair despite if it's warranted. "I know her mind well, this will won't take long." Leaving no room for negotiation she would dive into her sister mind. Flying through the nebulous fields of her mind she found nothing out of the ordinary. She found her usual Dreampalace on a white moon. Everything was in good condition and she could see her sister playing in the palace pool. Floating into her palace the interior seem to be intact as well.  No special rooms have been forced open and nothing is stained. Seeing that everything is in order she backtrack out of her sister Dreampalace and return to reality. "Her mind is secure, found nothing out of the ordinary." Caelistianya reported in noticeable relief.

"A wise choice." Viin-Amr spoke in approval. In a unorthodox manner he lift his hands to gently grab her head as he lean in for a kiss. The contact of their lips gave Rezenary a hot rush of energy. Her vision whitening for a brief second before returning to normal. The scene before her was the same as they left. So much so that her hands were still dirty from the delicate caressing of Enkii that still laid before her. Said Dragoness is still panting. Her eyes looking up to Rezenary with happiness, worship, and lust. It felt perfectly natural to Enkii. Rezenary was her mistress, born to serve and please. However it would appear that Echo Enkii is not the test subject of today lesson for Viin, now in his dragon form, directed her attention back to the world wall. Unlike before there were two different phrases giving off a ethereal flame. 'GAAN', 'LAH', and 'HAAS' Together they make the song to drain ones vitality. The second is 'KRII', 'LUN', and 'AUS'. The song that heralds doom as an opponent's armor and lifeforce are weakened.

"This is a combo of songs with similar effects and purposes. Drain Vitality coax both magical and mortal energies from your hapless opponent into you. Marked for Death does the same but it also corrodes protective layers whether they be armor, exoskeleton, or even scales. To address the first set of words. This is a perfect example of common words having immesurably and dangerous, offensive power. When you sing these three words together, you're actually commanding the will of the lifeforce of the enemy, this is one the mysteries behind the expression of the dovahzul language. Drain the stamina of the foe to weaken, dissolve the magicka to bend the will and absorb health to domain the vitality. All of which can serve you in dominating another person. Whisper and watch their strength crumble before you. Shout to completely strip them, leaving them a pile of defenseless flesh before you. Now for the second, this is one of the most offensive and destructive songs in existence, it not only damages flesh, but armor too, making death almost the only exit to such a situation. Kill the will of the target, leech its vitality and make it suffer a deep agony. Much like music. Tone, volume, and pitch can give very drastic effects. So you don't have to worry of killing anyone if you are careful." He clarifies before letting Rezenary read the interpretation beneath each of the words on the world wall. "As before, take all the time you need. When finished I have a test ready for you."
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:21 pm
Leonious was temporarily confused by the offer of a car, since he didn't think that was in the deal, but then he realized that was just more of Discord's mischief and joke. The riddle got a small blush out of the prince as well, given the initial and obvious answer one could give that would fit, but he was pretty sure that was not the answer. Thinking on it, he then nodded, "Alright, got it. It's a seat belt, that's why you mentioned the car beforehand. Is that correct?"

Chione shrugged, perfectly fine with sending only one person into somebody else's mind. And Azdergin, ever preferring more grounded things, made a sigh of relief he wouldn't have to worry about accidentally messing up somebody's mind. He wasn't exactly the most surgical of operators after all. So they waited outside the mindscape with Caelistianya's temporarily semi-empty body, until it returned to life and she gave her report. Chione clapped her hands together in happiness, "Excellent! No need to worry about her suddenly running off to worship Omnipo then! Now let me try and wake her up."

As the second Princess worked to wake the sleeping mare up from the magical slumber, so they could continue about their day, Matros spoke up, "So, our next mission isn't for a while, or at least until they call us out if there's an emergency. Anything you guys have in mind to pass the time?"

Rezenary was surprised to be returned to the exact same position with Enkii again, not expecting to be back here. She retracted her hand from the Dragoness, though she was in truth internally a bit happy to see that look in her eyes remaining. It was a powerful feeling, to be the center of somebody else's world, and Rezenary found herself enjoying it. But there was learning to do, and so she just pat Enkii before looking to the wall. The power to siphon lifeforce and break armor was a mighty power indeed, and Rezenary paid close attention as she studied this one. The destruction possible with this could be dangerous as she saw it, and she nodded to Viin, "Alright, I'll aim likely more for armor and the will power instead of the flesh. I'm not somebody who enjoys breaking bones, I prefer changing minds. Anyways, I'm ready for a test. Let's try it out!"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:13 am
“Hehehe a good eye! Many like the dirty Cardinal over anyways seem give the wrong answer.” He laughs much to Menaal flustered face. Tossing a small, plastic model of a car to the prince the words crumple away. “Truthfully I was merely playing around with you. My dear is not fond of me turning guests away but alas my nature compelled me.” Floating into the air to head level he gave a clap of his mismatch hands. A path opening up through the dense forest. “As per my word I’ll lead you fellows to the Caretaker. Hope you brought your hiking boots, this will take a while.” Discord chirp as he puppy swam through the air. Hovering down the newly made trail. Putting her trust in Discord she would follow after him with Leo. You did a great job!” She exclaimed in a congratulatory manner to the prince beside her.

“Nothing that comes to mind. How about yourself?” Caelistianya responds.

“Breaking bones is not often done in enjoyment.” Viintaasvrii murmur in a calm manner. A noticeable shift in demeanor in his posture. What is was is unclear at the moment. Before she may inquire about it they were met with differences in the background noises. The other side of the room they could see a few dragons going into a tunnel. Young Viintaasvrii also went with the pack in an agitated mood. “Come Rezenary. Your test will take place elsewhere.” Old Viintaasvrii spoke to her as he got up to begin walking. Leading Rezenary to follow the tail of the group as they head through a rugged tunnel. Coming into a region of the volcano where there was not much heat, due to this the walls only emits a low glow. The lighting was thankfully bearable for Anubite eyesight. The group would come to a stop before them but Viintaasvrii continue to lead Rezenary through the crowd. The sound of arguments bounce off the tunnel walls. Finally they came to the front of the group to find them facing against another group of young dragons. The leader of which bore rigged black scales and gleaming red eyes. He snarls at the young Viintaasvrii who represented the leader of the Akuin pack. “The first of many skirmishes. Deserters who have left Akuin side in belief of finding their own way. At first they weren’t inherently wrong, but when a few radical Dovah reach the inner circle of the Deserters they became more organized. Their dreams of glory would begin with the death of Akuin. Of course, not if I or my Eggkin had anything to say about it.” The air was thick with tension. Both sides snarl at each other as their bodies become tense. Wings flaring, clawing the earth, smoke billowing from their maws. “This is your test Rezenary.” He began, the surrounding and the dragons giving off a blue glow for a brief moment. Showing that the memory has now become an Echo in which she is a part of. “Neither the younger me or him will come to an agreement. We’ll attack each other in a frenzy. Kickstarting of what would’ve been a bloodbath. Of course, with you here perhaps you can stop this? Sing Rezenary, sing what you have learned.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:53 am
Leonious was pleased to have succeeded in solving the riddles, and he put the little plastic car in his pocket, probably to put in his room later. It was nice to have a victory even if it was diminished by the knowledge it wasn't actually required, although in truth that didn't surprise him, that was a very Cuthian thing to do from this cat. He nodded to the feline doing its little swim and prepared himself for a long walk. He threw a smile and a thumbs up to Menaal, "Thank you! Wasn't actually needed, apparently, but I'm happy to have won regardless. Feels good to win by my own wit for once. Guess it was a bit fun, even if it got a bit dirty at the end there, since I know as well as you what the obvious answer was. But let's go! See what's in this cache."

Matros shook his head before shrugging, "Got nothing in mind myself. We aren't supposed to leave base without telling anybody, in case there's an emergency, so we can't go out to find something to do until the next mission. Maybe there's some board games around here somewh-" He was cut off by the sound of beeping on his comm unit. Reaching down to check, he had gotten a message in text, and his eyes widened while reading it. Then, he sighed, shaking his head, "I guess I should not have mentioned emergencies, because one just answered the call. And it's our group that has to handle it, because we have Chione. Apparently some big scary lich fellow was recently spotted, moving with Confederates. This fellow, somebody named Lord Orix, is apparently rather dangerous."

Chione's ears perked up at the mention of the lich's name, which she recognized. She solemnly nodded with the final statement, "He's very much dangerous. Lord Orix is an immensely powerful phantom who managed to break his bonds. Bonds made by my elder brother Sethus, the High Lord. He's a very malevolent entity, and must be stopped if he's planning something, and quickly. We learned rather fast the hard way that Orix enjoys playing dark games with his victims, and takes a great deal of enjoyment from the suffering that follows. To the shuttle, now!" The Anubite Princess did not wait for anybody else before hopping up and moving towards the hanger, as she was taking this seemingly rather personally.

Viin's first comment was notable to Rezenary, but she did sadly know a fair few Anubites who would take some joy in breaking bones with song. Or really many members of various species. It was unfortunate how many people craved cruel power, but perhaps it would be different if they actually got it. Still, she went along with the change in scenery, and noted that this was indeed the preparations for a battle. Rezenary had to wonder what the name of the rogue dragon leader was, and what his own story was for taking this path. This was an echo so it wasn't likely she could extract it here, but she had the questions nonetheless. Still, now it was time for the test, and she nodded to Viin, "I will see what I can do. It is quite the task, but I will try all the same. Time to sing." With that, she took a deep breath to prepare herself, and then began the song, beginning the vibrations. Noting what Viin had said, it was clear she couldn't focus on just one Dragon. Instead, she attempted to target and destroy the will to fight in both the leaders, the Young Viin and his rival, and drain their ability to attack eachother. She had to be quick after all, and this was the fastest way she could think to do this.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:40 am
The hike has been easygoing for several minutes so far. Beams of sunlight filter into the forest below between the gigantic roots that sprawl over them. Exotic birds could be seen flying by over head. Small critters skittering around in the undergrowth beside the path. The ambience was very tranquil, clear that this forest has been undisturbed for untold aeons. Menaal is very much enjoying the scenery. A drastic change compared to her usual routines of going around a massive city. She may have worked in the city for long while she knew that it would never be a replacement for her true home. As they were walking Menaal felt the need to take the time to say something important that she was meaning to say. "Uh, Leonious. I...wanted to say thank you and the others. For saving my life." Bashful, she found difficulty in looking to her direction. Instead opting to look at the hovering form of Discord in front of them.

At this point the sisters were getting the feeling that the Confederacy really enjoy mystical forces of great power, granted they were mystical in there own right but rather the Confederacy seem to tangle with the undeath. "This phantom sounds dangerous is this High Lord was unable to bind it." Ilunaelistianya noted to her elder sister as they both went to follow the princess. "First Petros and now Orix, goes to show that binding spirits in unwise." She continued to which Caelistianya internally cringe a bit as it reminded her of when she had to seal her younger sister due to corruption. Nevertheless she agrees with Ilunaelistianya. The supernatural is never a easy thing to deal with. For more often than not, mortals tend to underestimate the other side. "You're right Ilunaelistianya. Honestly you should have been the one to fight Petros. I was clearly unsuited to fight him." Ilunaelistianya frown at her sister. Knowing that she was looking down on herself again. "Tia, there is no shame in fighting out of our element. For it teaches us important things. My lowered guard in the fight showed me how much I was truly disconnected to spatial awareness." She tried to explain to her sister who simply sigh in response.

"Regardless, I was too absorbed with the fight. So in this mission I will count on you more Luna. Let's give it our all." Caelistianya words of motivation has done its effect. The younger sister became more confident in going into this next mission. Lord Orix is a phantom of both seemingly powerful and unknown capabilities. Ilunaelistianya will have to rise to the plate to fight him. As seen with Petros her elder sister is not good choice to combat spirits. Entering the shuttle, Ilunaelistianya now possess a conviction that she did not have before. Getting into her seat she thought of the possible battle that is to come. 'Are you ready Nira?'

'F̷i̵g̷h̶t̴i̷n̸g̵ ̷a̵ ̷s̸h̷a̵d̷e̷ ̸o̷f̴ ̶m̸a̴l̸e̵v̶o̸l̶e̴n̵c̸e̵.̵ ̸I̸ ̴w̴o̵n̷'̶t̵ ̸l̴i̸e̸ ̸w̵h̷e̶n̷ ̶I̵ ̷s̵a̸y̶ ̶i̶t̶'̸s̷ ̵a̸p̵p̶e̸a̸l̵i̶n̶g̶ ̵t̵o̶ ̵t̷h̸i̶n̴k̴ ̶a̸b̵o̵u̵t̸.̵'

By the time a single note left her lungs the tunnel descended into chaos. Guttural roars rip out of the Dovah maws as the two side clash. Hot, hard masses bump into her as they charge by. Her small frame went unnoticed by many as they set their sights on those more deserving. Try as she might the song she recite was drown out by the visceral death knells and more primal shouts. The air got very hot in the confined space. Sweat would form on Rezenary body as she finds herself in the middle of a chaotic fight. She would continue to try to sing a fair bit into the fight. But no matter how much she tried. She was powerless. By then she would mostly focus on not trying to get trampled because their lashing tails hurt. Teeth, fang, and fire all flash across her vision in a graphic storm of bloodshed. Her body would feel warm and wet, looking down she would see that she was covered in blood. Whether they were hers or the Dovah she would not know. Despite all this being fake, it was still a real memory. As such she can smell, hear, feel, and taste what Viin has experience in this moment. Feel actual pain when a Dovah nicks her flesh, pain being what Viin had felt. The chorus of carnage would play out around her for seemingly an eternity…

“Oi.” A young voice would catch Rezenary attention. Possibly drawing her out of either exhaustion or shock after finding herself amidst the corpses of dead Dovah. They were in such close proximity that a Dragoness debowled guts were spilling out over her feet. Through the darkness she could see the younger version of Viintaasvrii before her. His frame showing numerous wounds from the resulting death match. “Never seen anything like you before, I noticed you tried using our tongue so I guess you’re Akuin friend or something. Don’t know why you’re here if that’s the case, either way you did well for your size. Never giving up for as long as you could. For something like you to do what many young Dovah can’t, you got some guts. Come around my den sometime, you would make a good pet.” He crudely compliment before turning to head back through the tunnel with his wounded brethren. At this point she would feel Viintaasvrii presence behind her once more. “A shame the test went as it did but not unexpected, a few important lessons is to be seen here. Do you know what they are?” He inquired in a sagely manner.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:34 am
To Leonious this was also a nice change of pace, reminded him of earlier years where he had the time to wander around in forests and enjoy nature. That was a fair while back however, and the Prince rarely had the time for such anymore. He looked to Menaal and smiled, enjoying the bashfulness and just nodding even if she wasn't looking, "You're quite welcome, Menaal. Really, I feel like it was something I had to do. I got you into that situation in the first place with that invitation to the palace, so if I let you die I would never have been able to forgive myself. I'm just happy to have you back, I like talking to you after all." He was willing to look at her, though he kept himself polite and didn't keep his gaze on her, looking forward as he finished speaking, even though he did like looking at her. Certainly better than looking at the behind of the floating cat.

As everyone got into the ship, they got moving rather quickly, given the danger of the situation and urgency needed for the situation. Azdergin noted, and made to inform everyone else, that the ship's stock of drinks had been restocked, and fully restored. Only Caelistianya would be able to understand the wink he gave her as he said this before going back to finding a nice place to sit. Matros meanwhile, sitting down and speaking to everyone, decided to voice his own concerns, "So, for this Lord Orix fellow, if the Highlord couldn't keep him bound, how exactly are we are going to go about, you know, killing him for good? I doubt we can just shoot him, or eat him like Petros was."

Here however Chione chipped in, still serious but sounding optimistic, "I have confidence in our abilities. We may not even have to defeat him, simply ruin his plans and beat him back. Besides, we are not lacking in spiritual power. Is that not correct, Ilunaelistianya?" The Anubite Princess had noted the boost in the Paresusl's conviction, and it had boosted her own confidence. Still, she spoke up again, "But it is important not to underestimate him. My elder brother is an immensely power mystic. Orix's bonds held, and we're still not exactly sure how he gained the extra power required to break them in the way he did. Something helped him. And, perhaps in this mission, we may get some insight into that. If we do, and we can remove that boost, we'll be well on our way!"

The battle was in truth a true terror for Rezenary, as she was never fond of blood or gore. She was trained as a soldier, so it wasn't like she couldn't stomach the sight, but it was something that still disgusted her to the bone. Being able to do nothing to stop it, being drowned out again, was ever a worse feeling. So, waking up was a bit of a shock, but she had to grin at the young Viin's words. He certainly was a more crude person while young, but she could see the bits that would become who he was today. She waved the younger Dragon off before turning to his adult form. She contemplated the lessons she got, and made a small nod, "From what I learned, there is only so much I can do alone. I am not fully experienced or powerful, so taking on something like changing a large battle is something I can't expect to do easily. There are simply some things I cannot do even with this power, and I have to keep myself within my own weight level. I am far better in one on ones, where I am best experienced and suited. I have to be prepared for failure if I step outside such, as a natural effect of not being in a situation I am fully experienced with."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:16 pm
Menaal found herself flustered with his kind words. Despite only knowing him for less than a week she came to trust him, more than most. Back at her former work place she did not have a actual group of friends to rely on. Many were often nervous around her due to her status regardless of how much she tried to be open to them. "I...like talking to you as well." Were the only words she could muster to the prince.

Ruining whatever he may have planned is a better alternative in the sisters mind if they are no match for Orix. Choosing your battles and losses is always the wisest thing to do when it comes to war. Ilunaelistianya gave a nod in agreement when she was mentioned. Even though her battle sense have greatly diminished due to period of inactivity and degraded when she pass on the torch to the next cycle. She is still very much posses great spiritual capabilities. More so if she draws upon the aid of her ‘Shadow’. Regardless she knows now to be on her guard more thus she desire to know more about the target they are hunting. “Lord Orix does sound formidable. If I may I and I’m sure most of us would like to know more about this phantom and his feats. You mentioned that he enjoys playing malicious games correct?” A tinge of amusement could be felt from her shadow. It was clear to Ilunaelistianya on the reason why. Niratapa did not garner the infamous nickname of Nightmare for no small deeds of infamy. ’W̶h̷y̸ ̴d̵o̷ ̵y̸o̵u̵ ̸i̸n̴s̵i̷s̷t̵ ̶o̶n̴ ̴t̴h̶a̶t̷ ̷o̴n̴e̶?̸ ̴I̶ ̶h̸a̵v̶e̷ ̷m̸o̷r̶e̴ ̵t̶i̶t̵l̸e̸s̷ ̵t̷h̵a̶t̶ ̵I̴ ̵f̴i̸n̴d̸ ̴m̴o̴r̸e̵ ̵t̵h̶e̶m̵a̴t̶i̴c̴a̷l̸l̸y̷ ̸p̴l̴e̴a̷s̴i̶n̷g̵’ Her shadow mentally sign in discontent. ’Firstly it’s a title that is the most known by scholars. Second it’s the shortest. And third is the less grandiose.’ She mentally quipped back to which Nira mentally snorted. ‘̸N̵o̷t̴h̷i̸n̵g̸ ̵w̷r̸o̴n̷g̸ ̸w̷i̵t̵h̶ ̴b̶e̶i̷n̵g̶ ̴a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̸ ̶p̷r̶o̸u̴d̵ ̵o̶f̵ ̴o̵n̸e̵s̴ ̶a̵c̸h̷i̵e̴v̸e̸m̸e̶n̴t̶s̶.̵’̸ Ilunaelistianya mentally rolled her eyes at Nira. It was funny to consider how informal their relationship has become. A fine example of how time can change a person. Even for an entity of darkness who have passed the moral event horizon a long time ago. ‘̸T̵r̴u̷l̴y̴ ̴y̶o̶u̷ ̶f̶l̵a̷t̷t̸e̴r̸ ̴m̶e̵.̷ ̵’ Came the snarky mental response to her thoughts.

The older dragon gave a smile. Pleased to hear her take of what was taught her. “You have summarized the important parts well.” Viintaasvrii softly praised her as he walked into her line of sight. The low lighting and the surrounding bloated carcasses gave him a much more menacing air about him. He was neither sagely nor lascivious. His looming form above the dead instead radiated power. Not the energetic and explosive sensation that came off his younger self. Rather he gave off the aura of a lonely mountain that towers above all. It sides was seen by aeons of erosion from both the winds and water of the world or in more literal term, steel and blood. However, even though the mountain that is his soul have held up the sky for time immemorial. The mountain is still unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

Strangely seemly older than before he spoke once more to his student. "Before we we take to the field of battle. I needed to ensure you understood the weight of defeat in it entirety. That no one is ever truly all powerful, that you can't save everyone." He extended a wing to gesture the corpses below him. "Do not let arrogance go to your head and despair to your heart. That's one of the most important thing to understand in warfare. Too often in others and even when I was my young self, have we let defeat come to us because of our arrogance. Along my travels I came across self acclaimed Gods from all aspects of life. In some of our confrontations, some were capable of seriously injuring me or outright kill me. But in their hubris they could not grasp the concept of losing. Not bothering to give effort into the fight. In those moments I have delivered many killing moves." Closing his wing he glance down to one of the Deserters. Eyes wide open and missing a lower jaw. Reaching over he use his claw to close his eyes. "Always treat your foes with respect. No matter how powerful you may be compared to them, no matter how many they are whether it be a group or a lone warrior, forever believe that defeat is always a possibility. No matter how abysmal it may seem. It's always better to overestimate than underestimate your enemy." He look back to Rezenary still covered in the ichor of the fallen. "Lastly, as my younger self bluntly put it. Push on and keep fighting. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing. Even when everything seems impossible and dark, surpass your limits." With that closing statement Rezenary vision briefly whiten as the scene transition back to reality.

Viin-Amr was not on the couch beside her as last seen but rather a few feet in front her. Arms crossed over each other he made eye contact with Rezenary. "It won't be easy to walk beside me. To fight with me against whoever threaten to overtake. You may very well not be the same after our tribulations. But I have faith. Not in the heavens but in you, as my partner. Faith that you can meet your potential." With a smile he unfolded his arms to hold out a open palm to Rezenary. "Let's go hunt a Boar, partner."
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:35 pm
Leonious was very happy to hear that limited set of words, since they told him what he needed to know. So he smiled widely, finding that flustering cute. So he moved himself a little closer, but not too close just yet, before speaking again, "That's great to hear! We haven't had too much time to talk to eachother, so I'd like to do that more. So hopefully the chaos dies down quickly, so we can do that more."

Chione raised an eyebrow towards Ilunaelistianya, seeing her seemingly having a debate in her mind and that strange tinge of excitement. She supposed from this that it would be a very good idea to further describe Orix, smooth that uncertainty. Besides, was always a good idea for them to know their enemy. She clapped her hands together and nodded, "You are quite right! I'll tell you more about him. You are indeed correct that Orix ends his dark games, preferring to play with his prey rather than killing them outright. But while he purposefully drops efficient killing, he makes up for it in trickery. It is important not to use all your energy too quickly, lest you waste your powers upon ruses and illusions. Protect your minds carefully, as besides illusions he is rather well versed in manipulation of the emotions and thoughts. Finally he is rather agile, even for a phantom. Actually landing a blow is difficult." She paused for a moment, to let that sink in, and then continued, "I suppose for feats there are some things to note. His soul was discovered in the first place due to driving a colony mad, and making all of the colonists kill eachother before killing the last one himself. A few thousand people. In his short time under the High Lord's control he was put to use fighting other liches, which he did not struggle at in the slightest, showing that he has a rather deep understanding of darker magics, and more importantly how to fight them. This is not a case where fire can be fought with fire. And finally, he did what was thought impossible and broke the spiritual bonds made by a High Lord, which is not supposed to happen. On that however he had gone missing for a fair bit of time before rediscovery and consequent breaking free, with no idea as to where he had gone. That is the time we suspect he found something to break the bonds and go rogue."

Rezenary listened closely to the lessons being given, nodding along as Viin spoke. She understood what he meant, and she now did understand personally that failure was always a possibility, never to be discounted or underestimated. She had always had that thought, of course, but it was something special to learn it directly rather than simply know it. She would move forward with caution, but also with determination. Plus, it was a good idea to look into foes and see whether or not they had learned this lesson themselves. If they hadn't, she could watch for moments of weakness, hubris, or despair to capitalize on. And if they did know, she would know not to fall for any simple traps, and hold strong against such foes. As Rezenary woke, she took his hand and used it to stand, nodding to him, "Yes, let's do this! I'll follow your lead, Mr. Amr Mesbah." She was going to have to get used to the name Safiya, but that wouldn't be that bad.

The shuttle was coming down on Tropicus now, with Malcros bringing the ship down towards the tropical world. As they passed over the surface, one could see that this planet really was practically built to be a paradise for vacations. Great pretty jungles and forests, shining seas, beautiful beaches, and clear skies. So it was no wonder that the resort they were coming up on had facilities to match. It was a sprawling complex, easily the size of a large town in its own right, but clear effort had been put into ensuring it maintained the look and feel of a private getaway location. With stylized hotels, high quality services, and well funded security to discourage crime. Arrangements had been made ahead of time, so the shuttle touched down on a private landing pad built atop the very same apartment they would be living in. Lazlo came over towards Viin and Rezenary, speaking up to them, "Alright, we're here! So, you two should go out and scout. We got no idea which of the various rich lads here got in with the Boar's research efforts, so we gotta find out. Me and Malcros will be working the equipment that we're gonna set up in the apartment, the two of you are going to do some field work! Got a bunch of bugs and bypasses to spread around, get them anywhere you can. Resort security stations, the power stations, private computers, you name it. Get as much information as you can. Don't worry about shuffling through the contents, that's our job!" With that, Malcros walked over, and placed what looked like a purse near Rezenary. It was a luxurious one, something a noble would have, and inside there was a fair bit. Some spending cash, two encrypted comm units for them to use, and of course many little chips and listening devices to be placed around. They were very small things, no bigger than a gumdrop, so hiding them wouldn't be hard.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:01 pm
Menaal did not notice the distance between them becoming closer. Too focus on not meeting his gaze out of bashfulness. "Same here." Both of them knew that she also wish for the chaos to die down and go back to some semblance of normality. "You've not taken me out to a drink yet." She noted in fluster. Having been looking forward to having a drink at the palace. "Given I'm well, publicly dead. I suppose you could take me somewhere nice on Instabul now I have the time." To no avail she fail to suppress the growing blush on her cheeks.

"He truly does sound formidable." Ilunaelistianya responded to the rundown. "Have our sources dictate where he was spotted?" The environment of any battle can easily dictate how it will go. From what sort of cover is there to if any potential bystanders are present. Choke points, escape routes, elevation, urban or rural, all of these variables and more can influence the tide of the battle. As well to what degree it limits the sisters use of magic. In the station they were able to use wide reaching spells without concern of friendly fire. But if they were to be in a space with small spaces they would have to switch their tactics. Going over the story in her head she can see that it's all the more important to find whatever boon that gave Orix power. "Sister, depending on the scenario and if it's present, can I rely on you to help search for the boon?" She question her sister who gave a nod in return. ""We'll be as fast and efficient as we can."

"Heh let's enjoy ourselves Ms.Safiya Mesbah." He gave a sultry grin. Despite his projecting mischievousness she could see in his eyes that he was proud of how far she was growing in such a short amount of time. Turning he would walk with his pretend wife as they headed out of the shuttle hand in hand. Coming off the ramp he gave a smile as he felt the tropical breeze blowing over him. The picturesque scenery stretch before him was something he has not seen in a long while. Now that he is thinking about it he does not recall if he ever been to Tropicus before. With that realization he was even more happy to be here for he loves to visit worlds he never been too. Still holding Safiya hand he look over to Lazlo who came up to them. Taking in the mission details he was a bit tentative on it. They would have to make sure to distribute this as quickly as possible. Till they need to make sure that no one looks into the purse. "I'll make sure no one else can see this." He states to let them know as he lift a hand to hover over the purse. An yellow hieroglyphic symbol lit into existence above the clump of listening devices. "Sahar." A swirl of golden motes dance around the equipment before fading away to reveal a pile of condoms in fancy packages. For mortal minds the glamour was enough to trick them. It's only to those with a strong magical nature like Rezenary that they appear see through to her.

Feeling a bit smug he lower his hand to his side as he look back to Lazlo. "Thanks for the rundown friend. We'll get to spreading these around. Speaking of which I should put one on myself." He noted as he reach into the purse to draw out one. The image of a condom package still held. Briefly letting go of Safiya hand to flip over his Ankh amulet he place the disguised device on the back of it. "I'mun" A hieroglyphic symbol appear over the device which promptly turn invisible. Setting his amulet back in his he slip back into Safiya comforting hand. Ready to go he gave a grin to his partner. "To solidify our story as youthful lovers we should go check out an adult store around here." Smugness radiated off of him. He had long mastered  the art of mixing work with play. A art which Safiya will learn soon enough.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum