Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 12 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:27 am
Sethus sighed as Goljamush spoke, although he did give a nod, "You are quite correct that being a noble doesn't make you different from any other member of your own kind. There is no value in noble blood, it is the same as any other from the same species. But a noble has material things, such as wealth and force of arms, that they can use to pursue those failings and indulge in them. Without temperance, a noble can pursue those desires to damaging levels. It stops being mere failings of a heart and becomes the bane of the commonfolk, no longer a failure but now their very intention. That is not a spiritual matter, it is a societal matter that defines whether a society lives or burns." He then sighed again, shaking his head, "I am quite aware. It is not a complicated form of rulership. And I suspect you'd also say that you also consider one of your pleasures to be building up a society? Or that may be one of the parts you are unwilling to admit. Or to admit that you indulge in those pleasures because you feel the world crushing down upon you, with the weight of a crown pressing down on your spine? I understand you quite well, Goljamush. But understanding does not equal approval." He went silent for a moment, before continuing a slightly more light hearted tone, "Also, Proscore is a Republic, just to quickly mention." That tone was more of a history nerd making a slight correction, although he clearly overall didn't disagree with that bit of the sentiment.

Lord Rayumere of course stayed back with Heulyn. He was clearly listening in to the conversation up front, just waiting for a chance to be called in by the High Lord. But as a loyal servant, he hung back until the call came. Besides, he did seem to like Heulyn as well, nodding to her enthusiastically, "Excellent! Most Anubites I've taught get a bit bored, but you know how it is with them! A little too much desert on their homeworld, all that sand is quite the same. I feel like it stifles creativity, when you look around at the natural landscape of your world and see the same thing. Sand, sand, sand, maybe some tall sand but it's still just sand. But on Rehka'det, my world, it's different. We have deserts, but we also have flowing rivers, mighty mountains, great big trees, intimidating waterfalls, and lush grasslands. All alongside eachother for my kind to gracefully fly over and witness from above. I like to think that the ancestors of my kind, when they first flew over Rehka'det, looked down and wondered just why all these various things existed. Why all these different landscapes stood side by side. That is the sort of thing I feel drives imagination, and from imagination comes deep thought. And from there... The glories of technology!" His wings began to beat in excitement before he calmed down again.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 12 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:23 am

“Of course, If I had been seeking understanding I would be seeking the undermining of my purpose.” He remarks with a light chuckle. “Again. You’re not wrong. The reason I stated my path was to address the difference between myself and the other rulers of the galaxy. I’m not a king who governed people, but a storm that remonstrate them.” He plainly said before going back to address something earlier. “Ah yes, monetary wealth. That too is another difference in definition. Money is just a system. A linear scale of value, a means to exchange goods, a means to store value. That which holds these functions, we call money. Currency itself is not wealth, but rather the many ideas, the culture, the arts, the real assets which are born of the system of exchange money allows, those are wealth. Mammonists are the vulgar sort who forget that original intention and just hoard together a feeling of ‘safety.’ As for pleasure, it too has it original intention become lost in a sea of excess and hedonism. What I speak of is the joy of living, the meaning of being born. The joy of learning the new. The instinct that sets the heart aflutter in excitement when facing the unknown. The entertainment that enliven's one's existence. That is to say, something called 'pleasure.'” He gave a dignified snort to the bit of the sentiment of the world’s weight on him. “The weight of the crowd. Yes, that is right. Who was there to acknowledge it? Who was there to permit it? And who was to bear the burden of sin? A foolish question. That goes without asking. The King will acknowledge it; the King will permit it. The King will bear the burden of the entire world.” It was spoken in the same candid manner. As if had replied to that sort of question before. Overall he remained relax throughout the conversation. “Fufu, that they are.” He quips back in a marginal lighter tone as well. Not bothering to go further given they were in mutual agreement on that notion.

Meanwhile back to the rest of the group she was a bit conflicted. Rayumere words did have merit but dismissing the values of the desert did not settle well with her. Referring to it as just sand was a disservice to its own beauty. The desert, when the sun comes up. She couldn't tell where heaven stopped and the land began. “You’re correct but everything can provide deep thought anyways, it just requires contemplation. Now admittedly the magic of the desert is hard to define. Why does the sight of a landscape of empty sand, rocks, slab and rubble stir the spirits more than a view of lush green fields and woods? Why does the lifeless play of light, colour and distance have such an invigorating, fascinating and elating effect? Perhaps because no limitations are imposed by other forms of life; perhaps because the mind of the beholder is presented with a fata morgana of unlimited freedom. And on such far horizons the outline of a mountain draws the eye like an island in the endless ocean. To me, it’s also a place as blank as a sheet of paper. Stark, open, free, an invitation to wander, a laboratory of perception, scale, light, a place where loneliness has a luxurious flavor. Simplicity is the heart of everything. If you look to the desert, apparently the desert is very simple but it's full of life, it's full of hidden places and the beauty is that it looks simple but it's complex in the way that it expresses the soul.” Her upbeat mannerism was as ardent as her orange flame burning in the torch-staff.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:37 pm
Sethus shook his head as Goljamush spoke of money, "While that may be the concept of money, just a system of exchange, a more realistic ruler must understand the power of currency in a society. If you wish to look at it from the great above, then yes, it is just a method of measuring the true assets of an individual. But a ruler finds often that this is forgotten, because numbers such as money are more simple, more pleasing on a primal level. That is why one hoards with it, and why those with so much currency often end up with a great deal of power as well from those who wish to obtain some of their hoard. Spending too long in the clouds with academic views instead of practical views sees one undermined." He then shrugged at the differing definition of pleasure, not much to argue there if that was what he meant instead and so the High Lord just let that stand. He then nodded, "And so when the King's spine is broken, so too is the Kingdom. And when a King is consumed by that sin, arrogance, and greed, that spine cracking in two is certain.. That is a true weight of responsibility."

Rayumere began to quickly shake his head. Not in disagreement, but more in that he felt he had spoken incorrectly, "Oh you misunderstand me! No no, I did not mean that the desert lacks value in and of itself. There is much to be gained from the sands and the oasis areas that dot it. The dunes cannot be discounted in their own spiritual flair. It is not as simple as it appears on the surface. But what I meant to say there was that there is value in diversity of environment. I know there is value in the sands, but what do you get from only sands? Plenty is possible, as the Anubites themselves have shown! This desert is still the capital of an empire that has lived many years and will continue living long after our names are mere text in a history book and our spirits are called upon by a new generation. Yet there is so much more to the universe than sand! So what I mean to say is that, by creativity, I mean to say that a diverse set of biomes to see with your own eyes matters! Although, with how you speak, now I am curious! Was there any desert where you grew up, Heulyn? Is that why it tickles your heart so?" His question was genuine, his natural curiosity now coming to the surface.

By this time however they also had arrived in the meeting room that would soon become an impromptu war council. It was not quite as fancy as the dining room of this palace that Heulyn had been in many times before. The table was as long, yes, but this room clearly had more a sense of action to it rather than simple decor. There were for instance multiple holoprojectors built into the table, and even some in the ceilings and walls. Each seat had with it a small control panel as well, allowing interaction with the projectors on a live basis. And of course instead of the servants waiting for the diners to call for food, there were armed guards at each of the doors. Sethus sat at the head of the table, gesturing for the others to sit, "Tarset and the Amarna Family representative will be here soon. We will wait for them, as it won't take much time."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:46 am
“If a tyrant is one who rules through brutality, then I am indisputably a tyrant. After all, the facts are just what it says in my epic.” He was not necessarily arguing at this or rather even at all from a perspective. Simply stating his nature that anyone can interpret as how they wish. In a way it serves as an irritating reminder of the destined end of his kingship, total isolation. With nothing else to say given he would just be reciting his epic when he personally finds it irritating to talk about due to it reaching the deepest part of himself. He saunters into the room where he would take a seat at the table. Originally he did not plan to partake in this little war game. Seeming that he could just leave Heulyn to her own devices. It was almost laughable to think about it. Since they don’t need him if they had his master. But alas he of all people know that it takes time to restore treasures to their original value.

Said master became a bit bashful in the misunderstanding. Knowing she was as always, impulsive in her way of speaking. “Ah, I’m sorry. I did got carried away.” She lightly laugh it off. “But you’re right. While I did not grow up in a desert I did visit one that holds some important memories for me. On the planet Eaeireth there is a region of land called Zaiul.” She trail off for a brief moment before snapping back to attention. “I do love diversity. Too see and experience new things. My wanderlust was born from my myriad adventures a long time ago.” She was thankful that they reached the room for she was internally began to get distressed from talking about it. Not that it was a bad time no, rather it reminds her of the Chaulkuau-sized hole in her soul. Taking a breath through her nose she went to take a seat at the table. Placing her torch-staff standing beside where she sat.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:21 am
Sethus of course did not approve at all, but he gave a nod as Goljamush said it as it is. The High Lord of course knew how Epics went, but it was also clear he considered the end of that kingship a natural result of how Goljamush acted. The two of the were different sorts of monarchs, and Sethus did not need to hear the Epic to know this. After all, it was not as if Anubites did not have similar storied people in their many archives, or even their own personal Imperial history. Regardless, that was where that conversation ended, and the two were now sat. Meanwhile, Lord Rayumere, while sitting down at the table, responded to Heulyn, "No apologies needed! An active mind is a good thing in my book! Still, that is why you see glory in the desert. It is not your standard, it is new. It is a diversification. An Anubite would feel a good sense of wonder on an ocean world! Going from a world where there is little water to a world that is all water... That's a marvelous emotional experience. So, your wanderlust is a good thing. That is what will buoy your growth in this galaxy of discovery." The Amurrak finally took off his helmet, placing it as his side, revealing his Avian form properly now.

Then came the next arrivals. First to enter was Lady-Lord Tarset, who entered the room and waved happily to Heulyn, Sethus, and Rayumere, with a more standard greeting wave to Goljamush. She didn't have much to say as she sat down at the table, as she decided to make way for the next arrival. Their footsteps were entirely silent, although the reason for why was quickly made clear. The Anubite who came after was wearing a full suit of silver armor, with a helmet that resembled the eye of a cyclops, colored in a dark purple. They were also phantasmal, slightly transparent, revealing that they were a spirit. His unique armor however meant that if Heulyn thought back, she would actually remember this individual. It was Tarldor Amarna, an uncle to Ipwet and a former spymaster, as well as being one of the first spirits Heulyn had met when she first got to this planet, his soul providing the example for how Anubites sensed ghosts. Tarldor walked forward and took a seat, looking to Heulyn and chuckling, "Well, somebody has moved up quite a bit in the world since I last met them. From simple guest to the High Lord's apprentice. The world of the living moves faster than I remember." He then bowed his head towards Sethus, to show respect.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:12 pm
They both made their respective greeting to Tarset in their own ways. Afterwards with the arrival of Tardor, his comment made Heulyn a bit flustered. Rubbing the back of her neck as she lightly laugh it off. Her actions drew a short chuckle of amusement from her golden Servant. “Now, now Master. There’s no need to be so foolishly embarrassed. You who bear such shameless wishes, and such brazen purity of heart. Lift your head in pride knowing that you have earned your place.” The sheer casual manner that it was spoken made her lightly blush. Almost forgotten just how indifferent Goljamush can be when expressing his thoughts. She has been pampered by the king certainly. It's just that it’s a bit different when it’s with people that they only knew for a short while. Because of this she only became more flustered. Brushing off the praise by saying that she is not deserving of it. Which just prompt the king to briefly laugh. “Please, improving an inadequate Master is part of my work. Why else would I get rid of this concept called poverty from your status.” That actually made Heulyn look at him in mild confusion and shock.

The king snicker at such a foolish face that his master was giving. “I’m displeased that such a memory escaped you. Do you not recall what I said? If you want money you may have it at any time. If you do work of sufficient value, I will grant you alms whenever. Considering the value of the work you’ve done the result is obvious. Consider it a meager investment from your king.”

On one side she understood the reason. He knew that she was a nobody in this galaxy, not even a registered citizen yet. So from his view he’s merely polishing his treasure. On the other the details felt fishy considering she knows who she’s dealing with. “Does this have anything to do with the stuff I’m hearing about someone threatening to cause an incline in inflation?” The news articles came to the surface of her memory. Recalling that someone was selling too much.

The king gave a dignified snort. “Selling nothing more than the dust off my treasury unfortunately is enough to lead some to paranoia. They went as far as to bar me from ever selling anything in the city for the foreseeable future.”

“How. How much did you sell?” Was all she could get out of her mouth. How can a ‘meager investment’ lead to being blacklisted!? Of course the answer came as soon she thought of that question. It was purely a difference in perspective. Goljamush posses all the wealth of Amzielean. From his view that ‘dust’ had little value in his eyes. Something which he has no issue in ‘generously’ giving away. To him it was the equivalent of giving leftover scraps to a puppy. That is how prideful he was and is the reason he does this in such a roundabout fashion.

“Enough so that you don’t need to spare the energy to worry over nonsensical things such as quantity.” Case in point. It seems she is fated once more to be bestowed with wealth. It felt akin to the time where she got a paycheck after taking care of the singularities. Like that time she also has no clue what she would do with all of that. Nonetheless none of this quelled her flustered state. So she opts to put her focus back to the task at hand. Folding her hands over her lap.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:14 am
Sethus sighed at the discussion, quickly adding his own input, "Potential Inflation is always looked out for, yes. This Empire prizes stability and this applies to the market as well. However the other major part is the fact of customs, import fees, currency conversion, and the ideas of forgeries. I am afraid the Anubite Empire does not accept foreign currencies besides the Iammelonian Monocredit, and you had to be blacklisted because your foreign goods did not go through the proper channels for commerce. You are mostly lucky we didn't decide you were a smuggler for that stunt."

Regardless, with everyone here, Sethus stood up to address the room, "Now then, onto the important business. Welcome everyone, I know this was a bit sudden for all of your schedules, but the subject was rather sudden to me as well, and all too important. Nerotep is finally making his move, from what I can tell. He and I fought earlier today. We've done it before, but this time was rather serious. I intend to have us prepare. Now, I cannot strike at the Yuyas with just this alone, as I do in fact lack hard proof beyond two witnesses as to this even happening, and the Ancestor Council obviously wouldn't like me attacking a Great Family. But I can tell he is going to try something, and if we prepare now, I believe we can defeat any initial action and sway the majority of the Yuyas not to support Nerotep by making them see his cause as unlikely to win. His family is not entirely loyal to him as is, as the majority of them also find his claims bizarre. If he defeat him on his first real try, that will cement their support and see Nerotep quite weakened. And everyone here has a part in setting up such a defense. Gathering forces for rapid response teams, and moving away Yuya assets. Primarily, communications." He starts making inputs on the chair console, bringing up an image on one of the holoprojectors. It was the fleet in orbit around Tombuiorn, with a section of the ships highlighted, which was about half of them, "Those are the ships under the command of the Yuya family. I intend to send them away to join the larger war in Iammelon, and preoccupy them with that instead of being able to fall under Nerotep's command. That will be my part, but I have intentions for the rest of you to play your own parts in these preparations."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:32 am
Seeing Sethus chastise Goljamush continue to fan her flusterment. For the most part she felt touched that her highness pampered her to such an extent but on the same token she could not help but empathize as she always does. To let the world look upon you in scorn for the sake of another. It hurts her seeing it in another person while also being aware of her own hypocrisy to happily to do herself. Burden aside she was not really surprised that Goljamush was rubbing people the wrong way. For that is the typical reaction whenever he goes. He is wise, truly is from her perspective. It’s a saddening reminder that not everyone has her level of tolerance and understanding. Her inner monologue rouse an old memory from within. A moment when she was overhearing a conversation between Goljamush and another. ’Were her wish to be granted, she would be neither a saint nor a hero. She would be the most repulsive of all amziel beings, called the messiah.’ At the time she didn’t saw herself as anything grand as a savior. But now she could begin to see what he was saying back then. As well why it can be seen as ‘repulsive’.

In the midst of her internal musings it was a bit hard to tell whether Goljamush is listening or indifferent to what was said. The former seem to be the case when he spoke as if he were stating a simple fact. “I am companion to Heulyn’s joys and sorrows, I take the brunt of Heulyn’s battles, I shall take pleasure in whatever becomes of her. If that is not a Servant, what is? Therefore her enemy is my enemy. I’m her sword.” To translate his verbose manner of speech it meant he’ll go along with whatever part planned for him. She knows that she is the sole reason that he is even bothering to stick around. On that same thought she has an inkling that he was somewhat expecting to not be tasked to do anything at all. Since he has not really sold his trustworthiness all that much to the Anubites. “With that said. Convincing the Yuya’s is a wise choice. For the most part this is about legitimacy as well to send a message.” It was a bit strange to hear him support a diplomatic action when his standard response is overwhelming force. Only by thinking on it could she began to guess the hidden meanings in that. She would wager that sending a message also involves herself. After all she is a complete foreigner in the eyes of society. To be seen at Sethus side can give rise to many outlandish ideas. She’s a first-hand witness to how chaotic paranoia, intolerance and fanaticism can become when put into mob mentality.

Not wishing to make herself depress at the very table she spoke up to get her mind back onto the main thing at hand. “Whatever your intention for me may be, I’ll put in the best of my abilities.” She kept it brief and simple mostly out of preserving her composure. It feels like she won’t be having her therapy sessions be decreased after all, at least not for a little while longer. At this point in her life she’ll gladly trade away her sanity for the sake of others.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:13 pm
Sethus simply gave a nod to Goljamush and Heulyn, as that response was quite what he wanted. Looking around the room just in case there were any more comments and seeing no more, he started speaking again, "Quite good, as I do have an important mission for you. But first let me hand more general assignments. I will be personally seeing to the matter of the fleet, for I am the commander-in-chief of the Anubite Empire and it is only proper that the High Lord command his navy in this time of war. So, that is my role, and it will take up my time. It will also fortunately place me near a large number of loyal Anubite Imperial Soldiers, so I will be quite safe and prepared to respond. The rest of you will have to do things that I cannot due to this, however."

He first turned and looked to Tarset, "Tarset, you will use your family's connections in Aztecha. The company needs to be ready, as I know they work with the Yuyas to protect cultural landmarks. I want those Yuya troops tied up, or better yet prevented from being contacted at all. In addition I'll need your family guard. The mystics available to your family will be invaluable. Have them be prepared, under the pretense of mobilization for the Iammelonian Civil War and potential protection of the Anubite Empire. Not to mention I need the Yuya Relics in your museums locked down. I just want them out of Nerotep's reach." Then Sethus looked to the spirit of Tarldor, "As for the Amarna, I need the family agents working to get me all the information you can. I want to know which Yuyas Nerotep seems to be trying to get on his side ahead of time, so we can identify his main allies. Not to mention general information on troop movements and the like. Anything you can find on a quick basis." Then, he looked to Rayumere, "As for the Amurrak, I need an eye kept on the Yuyas on other worlds, besides just here on the capitol. The best for that are your men, Rehka. Not to mention I simply need loyal men by my side at this time, and your family are the best option. We'll be transferring in some of your troops to take up garrison duty, and send some of the Yuya troops off to join the main warfront. Nobody will question this, given that Yuyas are the finest House Guard, and so this is easily framed as the Empire putting in more effort for the war."

Finally, Sethus looked back to Heulyn, "And now, Heulyn. You of course don't have much political sway in the Empire, but you will serve an important role regardless. While I am busy, you will continue the investigation into the origin of Nerotep's claims. Keep looking into it, and report to me as soon as possible. Also, make sure to retrieve Mildir on his way back, as I want to know what the Stag has seen."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:52 pm
Investigating the source of this escalation situation is very much important. It made her touched somewhat that Sethus would put his trust in her to do such an important task. She’ll also definitely reunite with Mildir to send him back home. In fact that was her first plan of action. If everything was settled she’ll begin to get up with the others do. Heading out into the hallway with Goljamush. Said Servant noted that’ll go take his place to which she had no issue with. Unlike the other Servant she sent out, his spiritual pressure is strong thus attract attention if walking with her. Splitting up she went out into the open courtyard towards the main gate. Hopefully seeing her stag coming down the street. There had been times when her maternal instincts kick into overdrive. Resulting in unpleasant times for those who happened to be in her path. PTSD, overprotectiveness, and anxiety don’t go well together. Despite her fears she has long learned to always have hope.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:08 am
Sethus and the rest of the conclave of lords also set out to handle their individual important tasks. Tarset stayed in the palace, as it was the best place for her to organize the affairs related to her own family, and call up the Aztecha attache. Tarldor's spirit faded into mist, although one could sense that he was still active, and simply dispelling his physical form for quicker ease of movement and avoiding easy detection. Lord Rayumere went with Sethus, since what he had to do aligned with the High Lord, and the fact he now felt he was obligated to defend him. That would be for Sethus to deal with however, and Heulyn for now mostly had a far more fluffy concern. Fortunately for her, the maternal instincts would have no issue, as Mildir casually strolled down the street as always, as if just returning from a long walk. The Stag casually wandered his way up to Heulyn, and his signature ear waggling began, "I am returned, it was an okay walk. The store we visited prior blocked its door this time. It was most unfortunate, but I found alternative means of butter acquisition. Nobody stops me. You may retrieve your spirit, it is there." The stag gestured to his shadow with his large antlers, before looking to Heulyn expectantly, clearly wishing for a reward for completing his task of taking a walk through Yuya territories.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:21 pm
The Stag didn’t begin to speak before the young Amziel pulled him in with surprising strength for her frame. Giving a one-armed hug as she buried her face into his wholly neck. Her dotting cease when he requests a reward for his completed task. It took a moment since she doesn’t have anything on hand nor did she felt that she should send him into the kitchen supplies. “We have left overs in our room. Sethus did wish to speak with you but I prefer you to head to the room to stay there until I get back.” Threading her fingers through his coat in a soothing manner as she whisper sweet nothings to the stag. Steeping away she gave him a small wave as she began to walk out of the gate. In a blink or you’ll miss it moment a shadow broke off Mildir shadow into her own.

Ice filled her veins when his presence drew close to her. Her heat involuntary beat harder. Subconsciously making her vividly feel the sensation of being alive. Long ago when she first summoned him from beyond the ring it made her mind go blank, the fear that turned her stomach into a leaden knot. Now after such a long journey with him. It became a source of comfort as surreal that may sound. ’The beast speaks true. None hath cometh to hinder our passage through this city.’ Her bones reverberated with the presence of his voice within her. His baritone voice was spoken without inflection. The words echoed and the words hung dead in the air of her psyche. ’With that sayeth, contractor. I see thee hath't spared nay time in constructing a aery.’ Subtle amusement was noticeable in his tone.

She gave a small grin at his small joke as truthful it was. After all she was an unorthodox Master that saw her Servants as something more than tools to be used. It did not matter if those childlike Servants weren’t really children. She brought them into her heart as one with a strong maternal side would. Same is said with animals. ‘Some things never change.’ She thought back to him in content. To which he gave a small hum that felt like the rumbling of an oncoming earthquake.

’Balance is found between Master and Servant. Thy purpose lay in saving lives, mine in granting death. All is light and shadow, contractor. For thee to carryeth yond torch is truly poetic of yond.’ She could sense what he was referencing. To keep the flame burning in the passage of time. To keep it alight in the coldest, darkest of times. ’I taketh 't then. Thee hath find thy absolution?’ A odd sense of bittersweet emotions well up inside of her in response to that inquiry. He was gentle in that question. It reminded her of sitting around a hearth on a chilly winter evening. But mostly she still felt content in the choice she had taken long ago. He felt her emotion from within and in turn she felt his subtle rejoicement in her path so far.

As she partake in quiet musings with her Servant she made her venture down the city roads. Feeling safe and secure in her Servant shadow. Due to this she was able to smile more freely in her passage. Renesab was a risky option to go to at the moment since he was in Yuya lands. So her second bet was in the soul that resides in the city park.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:22 pm
Mildir of course did not at all mind the attention being lavished upon his fluffy hide. He was more than happy to stand there and getting hugged, with his fur being clearly appreciated, although he was indeed surprised by the strength. He did not expect that, especially considering Mildir was rather physically strong. Even for a Stag, he was heavy. But he seemed pleased by the news of leftovers, giving a nod and waggle of the ears, "That will be fine. I will wait there, and take a nap. I am tired from the walk now. Good luck." With that, the stag wandered off to find the leftovers, waving his tail in response to Heulyn's wave; his own little way of mimicry. Beyond that however, he went back into the palace.

Her walk was generally uninterrupted as she went through the Linear City. Life seemed to be going as normal for everyone, just casually going about their days. For the normal person, nothing had happened, and they expected nothing to come but a regular day. After all, they hadn't seen any signs that anything was happening, not here on the safety of this world so far from the frontlines of the raging Iammelonian Civil War, their ancestral capital that had not seen a serious attack in many, many years. There were some signs of the tension however, primarily in the Imperial Anubite Guards who wandered the streets. If one was paying attention, they'd notice more Amurrak among their numbers than usual, as well as a heightened sense of awareness. Guard posts normally manned by bored Anubites now saw the ones within carefully eyeing anybody who passed them by, as if looking out for an unknown enemy. Despite all this however, the illusion of normality held, and so nobody interrupted Heulyn. Just the usual amused glances at the unusual sight of non-Anubite in this sector of the city that foreigners rarely traveled.

Arriving at the park, the stone of Menthrais remained where it was before, still pulsing with spiritual energy. His spirit didn't seem to be active right now, but the stone was still there. Nobody else was in the park, except for a couple small animals. There was no one to get in Heulyn's way, and summoning Menthrais wouldn't too hard, as that was part of the reason the stone was built. Just had to approach it, and channel a call for the spirit to show themselves into the magical stone carvings.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:41 pm
The dessert air felt warm despite the icy presence that enshroud her in protective cloak. Strangely enough she felt he was being more vigilant than before. But it was so long ago she could not figure if it was merely her imagination or not. So she simply opt to not let it bother her. It was not that abnormal given their relationship as Master and Servant. Still, she can’t help but feel a lingering sense that he was putting more focus on her than normal. How strange. But nothing she should worry about now. There was a particular stillness in the air. A sense of foreboding that comes before a disaster. For if Sethus was able to mobilize quickly than it’s safe to say that Nerotep is also putting his plans into motion. She could go further to make the bold thought that he probably has counters plans for Sethus starting moves. It was not outside the realm of possibility thus it made her shoulders sag with dread and concern.

Her wandering gaze did not stop on the passing guards but on the souls of normalcy. Those who exist in the world of the mundane. To happily walk in circles until the day they die. Hold comfort in their pointless, meaningless chatter. If she were to think in literature terminology and cliche than that life would be governed by ‘slice of life’. And she was a foreign body in that kind of story. Reeking with the stench of murder. She can never be on that other side. Her thoughts did not spiral too deep for she is aware of enough that nothing good comes from that. Instead, her thoughts turn to religion for some odd reason. Perhaps out of influence from her Servant being so near.

Mainly her thoughts were of the Anubite Path of Equilibrium. Continuing with her train of thought in terms of literature she saw the Mother and Son in a more abstract way. The Mother was Slice of Life. A water wheel of stagnation. A moment stretching into an eternity. She can empathize with that. The Son was Action. A ceaseless soap opera. A beast that stains the ground in vermilion. She can empathize with that. Ironically enough, she is having trouble in empathizing with the Judge which she sees as the point. For like the Judge, the Anubites are more concrete and simple. Her abstraction would very likely be frowned upon.

’Thy mind wanders more than usual Contractor.’ Came the baritone rumble that cut through her thoughts. ’Thou claim to hast reached absolution. Yet this continued self-deprecation is concerning.’  A sense of fluster rush up her spine but she could not form a thought before he spoke to her once more. ’Stench of murder? Barred from 'normalcy'? How foolish, idiotic, and shallow.’ It was not spoken in spite nor criticism. Rather it felt he was simply stating a fact before him with no room for debate. Considering they were also entering the park. His presence remaining concealed to all expect to her given their open bond.

Setting her thoughts off her internal musings she kept walking towards the stone. Standing before the obelisk that she had visited just only yesterday. How typical of her. Going from a nobody enjoying a picnic with her friends into becoming an apprentice to the High Lord with a growing threat of a civil war which she is at the epicenter of. The Spymaster was right in that life moves fast. The flame of her torch billow softly. Radiating a spiritual warmth. Her own ‘style’ of calling forth spirits to her call. To channel their presence.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:16 am
Heulyn would certainly need to speak with an Anubite Priest at some point, one other than Sethus. There was much more to the Judge then meets the eyes, and Heulyn had both large differences and large similarities to them with a little deeper look. But of course that would have to wait until she met such a priest and managed to bring up the topic with them. Although technically, that would include the Anubite she was about to summon, as High Lords were technically also the Highest of Anubite Priests, although the specific role of High Priest usually went to another sibling.

All the same, the mighty obelisk seemed to react to her particular method. Her warmth was seemingly absorbed by the engravings upon the carved spirit stone, and it began to shine. A few of the characters even seemed to temporarily burn with blue flames, although they gave off no heat to the mortal form. But the shine eventually died down on the stone, replaced by one caused by a forming figure. The shape of an Anubite came into being behind Heulyn, appearing in a burst of white light. It was Menthrais, his spiritual form was now fully clad in High Lord armor, quite like that of Sethus when he was fully equipped. Although it was slightly different, as it had small additional red markings upon the shoulderplates and chest. From her studies, Heulyn would know this meant the High Lord was preparing for a time of great bloodshed. He glanced about before settling his eyes on Heulyn, and grunting, "Ah, Mildir's companion from before. Didn't bring the Stag with you this time, as I cannot sense him anywhere. His spirit is not one that can be hidden very easily. Don't see the feline either, that's a shame. Let's see, your name is Heulyn, if I remember correctly. Hope things have gone pleasantly since the last visit. I'd ask you what brings you back to my park at this time in particularity, but first..."

Suddenly a spiritual spear appeared in his hands, and he suddenly held it rather close to Heulyn's shadow while still looking her in the eyes, "No hiding. It is not my wish to be hostile, but that is something I will not allow to stand. Nothing gets past a High Lord, and certainly nothing hides from one so imprudently. Reveal it, or I remove it. Please correct this now." The tone of the spirit remained calm, as he was truthful in that he had no wish to be aggressive. He sounded more like a bored actor reciting a line for a part he had no enthusiasm for, but it was a very clear threat.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:00 am
“Hoh?” The drawl of a baritone voice came from around Heulyn before she could speak. “For a wraith to decry myself to be hiding. Ironic.” His words were spoken without inflection. It carried no sense of power like it did to her before. Rather it sound like a elderly man who came across something a tad interesting in its long life. “How fitting you can’t ‘see’ me. Even though I’m clear as day. Nothing more than a shadow to my Contractor’s light. A sheathed blade hanging from her hip.” The invisible source too did not seem to care for aggression as well. Nor fazed by the threat. “I’m simply yond. A shadow yond walks the valley. Nothing more, nothing less. Attend to the lamb ere thee. For the lady holds nay desire to unsheathe me.” That speck of amusement was no longer there. Instead he too felt bored. An old man unimpressed by the belligerence of the young. The said ‘lamb’ did not seem to wish for conflict either nor did she seem the one to bend easily.

F͢o̸r the ͟f͏an͞ģs̷ b͡ore ̵a͏t her͘ ͟pale͜s̷ iń c̵o͞mpar̀i̷son t̕o ҉h͘er ͠o͡wn t͘hat͞ ̵s̢h̛e͟ ̢too͝ d͘i̧re̡ct҉s̶ ͞a̕t h̢er̵s̷el̷f͟.̸

“We mean no offense. He’s indeed my shadow. His reason for being with me is to provide protection. A lot has happened since yesterday.” She spoke earnestly. That he was indeed just that, an ever present shadow that follows her wherever she goes. “I don’t wish to turn this idyllic place into a field of battle. I view that as sacrilege in a way.” The park is important to many people mundane, day-to-day life. The routine of jogging through the trail, the routine of feeding the birds, the routine of passing couples. To scar such normalcy is something that she wants to avoid as much as possible. “Please, Menthrais. Forgive my selfishness. We shouldn’t fight over this. There’s no time for it. Two side are loading their guns and I don’t know who’ll fire first. A new civil war may very well break out in this city.” She hopes that the spirit can see the greater priority here.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:58 am
Menthrais grunted, shaking his head, "And yet the shadow speaks without being told by the one who apparently holds the reigns of the weapon. Don't flatter yourself, and shut up. I have no interest in voices that overestimate themselves. Speak only if you have something to say. My park is not a place for a waste of words." He twirled the spear back and then thrust it into the ground where it could stay. He then sighed and shook his head to Heulyn, "Consider yourself fortunate that I am not a more puritan lord. Such disobedience would result in execution back in my day. But I understand there is no threat here. Just a woman and a husk. Now I am quite aware of why it exists, the thing in your shadow. The tension in the air is all too palpable to me, I can certainly feel things are happening in the Empire. Understandable why one would seek protection. The park is however indeed not a place for battle, I built this place as a haven for wildlife and resting place for tired minds, not a warzone. Which is why I think you misunderstood my statement. I may not be the living High Lord, I am a High Lord all the same. If I decided to remove you, it would not be a battle. There would simply be two fewer beings in my garden, and I could go back to sleep."

Staying silent for a moment, he was clearly displeased his order was not followed, but he was true to his word on not being an aggressive lord, "As much as sleeping would be nice right now, I have my own preparations to make. I am not sure what is happening, but I can read the winds of my Empire quite well. Things are moving, and I must be ready for whatever comes. As such, that does take priority over the impudence. Very well, Heulyn, your apology will be accepted. I presume you are here to tell me what it is that is happening, yes? It does seem to be rather important."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:51 pm
The assurance of her certain death did not rouse any emotion in her like fear or anxiety. She was used to such claims to the point that it’s actually detrimental. He somewhat reminded her of when Goljamush memories got jumbled up for a bit making him forget her. She could still remember that moment. ’Do not approach me, slave. And bow your head. I don't know who, but do not enter my sight without my permission. Under ordinary circumstances you would be skewered, but at present I have no time for you.,’ Even the Servant with her, if she had met him in his mortal life, would have executed her for heresy. Many of her Servants would have no qualms in killing her if she had met them in life. Even as Servants there are few that had come to a point in their bonding where they would at least kill her gently.

She would not call her truly self-sacrificial. Many had drilled it into her head on the foolishness of it. Yet, if she were to be punished for her kindness and empathy. Than she would happily quench the guillotine thirst with her blood. To stain the altar in her golden ichor. Surrounded by the chorus of the crowd applause. A memory floats into her vision from that thought. Of the day that Hae was sent to the gallows. Smiling as they put the noose around her slim neck. As the executioner pulled the lever that dropped her below. Hae last thoughts were not of hate or bitterness but of content. Heulyn would have wondered if she had greet death with such optimism in much of her lives but she’ll have to save that for later. Now she had to focus on the situation at hand. “High Lord Sethus and Lord Nerotep clashed this morning in Sucali tomb. It ended with High Lord Sethus having to make a strategic retreat out of the tomb. Since then he has been preparing for Lord Nerotep to make the first strike. I’ve been sent to investigate Sucali’s claim of Lord Nerotep supposed legitimacy.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:24 pm
The Spirit did not go without noticing her lack of fear, and he grunted. The death threat was indeed partially for a demonstration of power and authority, but also to gauge how one reacted to it. No fear or anxiety was the wrong answer, which he decided was important enough to speak up, "You don't seem to really appreciate the place you are in right now, do you? Or the life you have? Or do you find yourself so jaded that you cannot even muster the care for life to make a response? You are truly a troubled child. I wonder where the reason for that lies? Hm, I'll have to figure that out later." He then processed the news, giving small nods. Menthrais was clearly expecting the first part, as really anybody could. The tension between the two of them was rather clear. He did however grip his spear harder and grunt when Heulyn mentioned her own part in it, but that moment faded quickly, "I see. I was hoping that could be avoided by negotiation, but it does seem the errant Yuya could not wait. I'm supposing if the High Lord was pushed back, he wasn't expecting the confrontation. That cannot stand, for either side. Nerotep cannot abandon the chance, and Sethus cannot abide the provocation. Yes, things will certainly start getting loud, and soon, no matter what. As for your investigation... Well, I wish you luck. Thank you for bringing me the news, but I cannot assist you. As far as I am concerned that claim is probably made up. You may go now."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:03 am
His reaction was not unexpected to someone as abnormal as her. She was aware of it. Normally one is subconsciously averse to pain. That invisible restraint that prevents a person from touching a hot stove or anything else that provides stress to the body. That is why a path of self-deprecation, self-torture, and self-destruction is unrelateble to the point of becoming completely alien to many that bear witness to it. Most would rather choose death if they got as so much as a finger chopped off. The questions too were not uncalled for either. In fact they were along the same kind of questions that her therapists prompted to her. “All I’ll say, is that the only one that can truly punish a person is themself.” She is very much a troubled soul. That much is clear to her. “I don’t wish to burden you with more of my words. I have no right to.” Her words were soft, tone reminiscent of someone who is aware of her transgressions. A ghost of a polite smile adorning her warm face. “With that said. That is understandable. I’ll remove my presence from here.” Not making an effort to push more into the matter she took her leave.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:05 am
Menthrais made a small sigh of relief at Heulyn agreeing so quickly, as that certainly helped him. However, her words did land with him, and the Spirit of the High Lord sighed. As much of a danger it was, he had things to say to a soul he recognized a part of himself in. Things he felt she needed to hear. So, before she could walk away too far, his form suddenly appearing in front of her to block the way out. Sighing visibly, he then spoke, "Hold on, just one more moment. You are partially aware of your own transgressions, but only partially. But you are very, very wrong. No, punishment can from all directions, from outside sources as well as the person themselves. And the people most likely to punish others are the ones with empathy. Especially those who don't think about it. That is something I experienced for myself a long time ago, and I am feeling the repercussions of it even to this day. But of course, if I was not a spirit who could see what happened after I was gone, I wouldn't have regrets. That's what I see in you, and I think I have an obligation to correct that before it hurts you and many others. Now go back to the stone and sit, youngling. It's time for you to learn to value your life as a tool for empathy, and the consequences for your foolishness."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:13 am
The young woman was a tad surprised that the spirit stopped her from leaving. Given she felt that she had overstepped the boundary and sought to not push it more. While she should continue with her task she really doesn’t have any other source to go to. She was conflicted to say the least but eventually gave in to the spirit. For once her thoughts did not ponder on his words which was an oddity. As if she was subconsciously trying to not fall into her own rabbit hole. To protect her still healing psych. At the end she settled on going with the flow. Heeding Menthrais words to walk back to sit upon the stone. Not coming up with any words to argue or clarify for that was not her place. Keenly aware that Menthrais was going to ensure his words stick. It made her feel a bit off yes, it was the same as with the therapists. She doesn’t know how it made her feel.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:08 pm
The Spirit grunted in approval for Heulyn seemingly following along with his command and didn't seem to be struggling or thinking too much off topic. She was going to have to think, but he would prefer to direct the flow of the thoughts. Menthrais walked back towards his obelisk, with Heulyn now sitting on the stone outcropping at its base. He stood in front of her and began to speak, "Now then, Heulyn. I don't wish to over-complicate all of this, so we shall take it simply. First, I want to explore something. I want to find out where the source of your empathy is, where all of it flows from. Since I do not know you very well yet, that is the spot I believe is best to start with. From what has been seen however, I am sure you have no concrete answer as to the source itself, so instead let's move backwards. What do you get from all of it? Are you kind with the hope that the kindness will be returned? Or, perhaps, a desire to bond and then deepen the connection with time and effort?  Do you get a powerful feeling of satisfaction from seeing somebody smile, or is the end result irrelevant so long as you know you did your part to help? Just knowing that you were there and lent a hand, and did not stand idle, I mean. And finally, the most difficult question to truly answer, do you act this way for the sake of others, or is it all a roundabout fashion for obtaining self sanctification and a feeling of worth? You make take each of these questions slowly, and you can pass on any of them if you are unsure. Because I don't want sudden answers, I don't want rehearsals. I do not want you to regurgitate the analysis given to you by any prior person who started a similar conversation, nor the label put on you by the spirits you seem to interact with quite often."

He paused, sighing again, and then added on in a more soft tone with a small smile on his face, "Because I don't wish for you to rake your mind, I will inform you of something before you speak. You do not have the answers. I want you to think, but you will not actually give me any answers. They do not exist yet, not the true ones at least. Normally, I pick apart each answer I am given by my students, but you are not my full time student and so I must cut out some of theatrics. After you think, we will start discussing each one, and then reach a hypothesis for each question. I promise no true answers, not today, but I can help you on your way to finding them. Oh, and you may return any questions of your own. For clarification, or even my own thoughts."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:08 am
It was by the grace of her therapists that she came to be cooperative in opening herself up. Menthrais carries a similar air to the mystics as well. The air around has a tingle of ancient wisdom culminated from many generations. Making him feel approachable to her. That if it’s anyone, he is a soul that can provide help. Whether she’ll face it is another matter entirely. Her musings aside she gave a reserved nod of understanding at the end of his speech. Golden-amber eyes fixated on the patch of grass before her feet. She could not come to argue his set of conditions. For she didn’t really know those true answers. ‘B͘ec̴a҉use I do̢n’t ̸wan͜t ̶t̀o͏ re͏m̛embeŕ. ̡I͘ c͏om͜m̷it͝t̷ȩd̛ ̸t̶he ͝s̕i̕n of͘ ҉i͠g̀n̕or͝ànc̶e. I ͜don’͟t wan̵t ̷to̕ ̨k̴ņo̴w͠’ The tendons in her right hand twitches. Pinpricks of pain dancing across it. “Right, I...can attempt that.” She was grateful that he did not ask for deep answers. As she didn’t felt she can fully open that door.

Willing herself to look up enough to gaze at him through her bangs she found the words to say. “I gain nothing. I don’t seek kindness nor self-satisfaction as a personal reward. But making others smile does give me peace when I go to oblivion. I welcome to bear the price for the sins of the many. I desire for a bright future for everyone. But I can’t be a part of that, for I’m not worthy enough for such a right.” She took her time in speaking her mind. There were moments where she was hesitant, scared even. Of what remains to be seen. “...For the sake of others...Yes. I put the universe before myself. One life has no worth when put against a scale holding hundreds. Especially a life such as mine. I...desire happiness in others. I want to give them happiness. Not for a reward but...I...don’t know.” She admits at the end of her partially rambling of speaking out her thoughts. “They deserve happiness…a warm future.” S͝o th̛at̨ w̵hen ̢I͢ di̧e ̧I̡ c͡ąn͏ ͞go to̷ ͡he̶ĺl҉ in̛ ͢p͘e͡a͏c͏e͢.̷

Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:43 am
Looking Heulyn over as she comprehended the questions and thought them through, the spirit was getting a more and more clear idea of how troubled Heulyn was. Truly she had a lot of baggage riding on her, and Menthrais was pretty sure he would be merely scratching the surface in this conversation. But a High Lord does not balk at a challenge, and in truth this was the sort of thing that Menthrais found the most fulfilling for him. He gave a small nod as she gave agreement to the attempt, maintaining eye contact with her and patiently hearing her out. He waited a bit more after she finished, just to be sure she was done, and then nodded again, "As I said, you do not have the true answers at all. But that is very much a normal thing. Nobody has real answers in these matters when responding for the first time. Now, I am going to start picking into it. If you feel uncomfortable, say so. If you have questions, speak them. It's okay to be afraid. There are some things in the mind and soul that always bring fear, and other things that should bring fear even if they do not do so now. You'll find that fear is an important tool in empathy, as strange as that sounds. But I'll teach you to be scared when the time comes, for now, let's go through these slowly, okay? Let's start with your gains. Clearly, you do gain something, or else you would not be the way you are. The thing you seem to gain, from my understanding, are responsibility and closure. What you are seeking is the resolution to accept what comes next, does that sound right? Or does that explanation still feel wrong? I can tell you from my own life that accepting responsibility has been... cathartic, I suppose the word is. A release from the tension of imagining a horrible future for others, and instead taking it upon myself so as to relieve that base worry. Does that sound familiar?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum