Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 15 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:21 am
Making the hard choice. To cross that thin line. She heard it before through many variations of it. Truth to be told she was meek. The trauma shaken that burning spirit within her. At first she spared the thought of throwing the towel. That her last assault ended in failure. She doesn’t belong here. That’s what she thought. But the Key spoke otherwise. Hand clasped around the odd handle she could feel the near silent vibrations up her arm. In her mind’s eye she caught a glimpse of her treasury. Before her was a stand that displayed a replica of the Scales of Ma’at. Put together by Inpu to showcase the strength of her spirit. That her heart is as light as a feather. This is what scared her in her spiral of self-doubt and depression. That if her heart would be weighed once more. It would be heavier than the feather. In the midst of her self-deprecation the Scale in her vault shone briefly. As if it felt her troubled thoughts. Unaware of what just happened she softly bit her lip. Wanting to speak but felt that many around her would want action rather than wasted words. Gripping her Key with a bit more pressure she mentally calls out to Inpu.

Heulyn held her breath in anticipation. Half-relieved and half-surprised to see Inpu melting into existence behind her. Taking a few steps to come to a halt beside her. The Anubites present would see this Inpu be garbed a fine black suit. He towers over Heulyn somewhat but overall has a sleek and groomed appearance. The major oddity beside his uncanny resemblance to the Anubites was that he seemed off. In a way he was like a mirage, a projection from somewhere far away. He took a swift look around at his surroundings before setting his gaze on Heulyn. A rich, deep voice came from the Anubite(?) as he spoke to her in a language they never heard before. Inpu gave her a pat on the head. Caressing it a bit much to her stunned embarrassment. Cheeks flush in dark gold. Clearly flustered she responded in the same strange tongue. The Anubites could tell they were having a brief reunion moment. Inpu seemed to be the sort to stick to business. Clearing his throat he looked over to the spirits. “The Anubites I reckon? It’s as interesting an experience to meet you as it is for you. I hope I’m not butchering ‘Iammelonian’ too much. Information is slow. As you can guess I’m not an Anubite despite my likeness. It’ll take too long to unpack what that entails however.” He noted. Easily feeling the tension in the air. “So what is it that you require Heulyn?”

“I...wish for you to make a record of them.” She said to Inpu who made a small tilt of the head. Trusting that Heulyn has a good reason he made a small gesture with his hand. Two large papyrus scrolls materialized that fell into Heulyn arms. The amziel letting out a oompf from the unexpected weight. Nenkidu was there to take the scrolls from her given he was much more suited to carrying the weight. The spirits meanwhile felt nothing out of the ordinary. It didn’t even feel that Inpu looked at them at all which is not far from the truth. He didn’t see anything. Because both Heulyn and he were aware of how vague the mortal mind is. It’s impossible to judge what is truth and deception due to how abstract they both are. So Inpu did it the usual way. Recording their life into a scroll for Heulyn to study later. After all, Inpu has no clue who anybody is.
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 15 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:31 pm
Menthrasis and Renesab seemed particular unamused as Inpu came into view and they looked him over. The great similarity to an Anubite was not received well by either of them. Renesab was clearly more offended than the High Lord, snorting and muttering, "Are we being mocked? Mighty Mystic wearing a mask of our own kind... Here I thought only the Zantines were so crude." Heulyn would not know it, but Zantines had mocked Anubites in the past by performing grossly inaccurate variants of their traditional rituals while wearing Anubite-looking masks, and then write it down in their own history books as an authentic Anubite custom. Offending Anubite Traditionalism, their species, and their love for accurate history all in one, making it one of the most effective insults the Zantines had. It did not happen of course in the modern times, but the two spirits were not from the current times where the Zantines had cooled off. They lived when this happened, and so their minds went straight to memories of prior insults. Still, fortunately, both of them were smart enough to realize this was not meant to intentionally mock them, so they let it pass, even if they were frowning.

Menthrasis nodded to Inpu, "Indeed, we are Anubites. I'll not ask about the similarities, as I feel I will simply get offended and this is not the time for that. But I will allow you to try and read my soul. Let's see how this goes." He simply stood by and let the process happen. Renesab did as well, although he was clearly not as happy. The result on the scrolls was irregular. As Menthrasis had said, things were more strange when it came to the spirits of Anubites, especially ones as old as they were. Most he would be able to write down became meaningless gibberish, as there was an odd disturbance in trying to read the true story of their souls. A lot of the writing ended up becoming strange accounts of places across the galaxy, small stories of entirely unrelated Anubites and a few Amurrak performing standard actions, literal nonsense in the form of words that meant nothing, and other such things. However, Menthrasis decided to actually help, and did something strange with a flash of his eyes. His soul seemed to soldify, for lack of a better term, and became less see-through. This clearly took effort on his part, but he touched the shoulder of Renesab and the same happened to him. The gibberish faded, and things became more clear on the scrolls. The specifics still seemed out of reach, but now names were popping up as well as small stories from each of their lives. But while all of this was on its own not useful, since it was like taking random pieces and trying to make them whole, something stood out. The name "Menthrasis" appeared more often on the scroll for Renesab, as well as the opposite with "Renesab" appearing on the scroll for Menthrasis. All that swapped was the last name. Rwim on Renesab's Scroll soon turned to Yuya, and Yuya became Rwim on the one Menthrasis. The change occurred as could be best told when both were about seven years old.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:50 am
The response was hardly unexpected to the Welkin who could hear the muttering. It was perfectly understandable given the usual philosophy that surrounds the identity of a unified species. People want to feel that they are unique and when something challenges them, they retaliate. With this in mind he showed no irritation to the accusation. “A understandable thought. Given the lack of context it’s not a leap to come to that conclusion. Whether you believe me or not, I have no intention of mocking anyone. This is how I was born. We live in an infinite universe, so coincidences like this are not as much of an impossibility as one might think. But if it makes you feel better, we only share similarities skin deep. And that I’m hardly common among my kin. My family is individually unique when it comes to facial composition. I could explain more but by then it would be improper for me to derail whatever is occurring here for a round or two of Twenty Questions.” He spoke in a simple manner. Since they already let it pass there was hardly a need to clarify further.

Heulyn was not surprised either. It reminded her of something Tarset told her once over dinner that it was a bit of a shock for Anubites to discover domesticated dogs. That made her feel a bit awkward due to secretly kinda viewing Anubite in the same light as dogs. There had been moments where the idea to be physically attentive to another Anubite crossed her mind. To pet them all over. Sadly that would land her in trouble with a label of being a pervert. These thoughts rumble about in her head as she tries to get the Key to change form because she had seen Goljamush do it before. Fiddling with it while Inpu was talking before finally able to transform it into a bracelet around her left arm. Thankfully it did not take much time. She would have become overly flustered otherwise. Taking a breath she was really starting to feel the weight of today’s event beginning to sink in. It was getting late in the evening when she got the feeling that Sethus would want her home before it got dark. With the key no longer taking up space she took back the scrolls to hold it under her arm. She mused that she must’ve looked quite percuiler with her accessories. For some reason she feels Sethus will be quite amused when he sees her.

All the while her astral projected Welkin friend gave an nod of understanding. “You’re not wrong to feel that. While I’m not looking directly considering I have no context, this is not something that I would do in a public setting. But I trust Heulyn has a good reason for making such a brazen request.” He spoke plainly and to the point. Heulyn looked down from the stern glance to her direction. They both watch the scene unfold before them. Inpu could sense the contents changing while Heulyn did not. Largely she is going to need a few days if not weeks to study the scrolls.

Thus that left them standing there in the silence that befell on them before Heulyn spoke up. “Thank you for the help, Inpus.” She spoke a bit awkwardly.

“No need to mention it. It was worth coming here to see what my kin were talking about. News of extragalactic visitors tends to circulate rather swiftly. Speaking of, I haven’t heard much more of this Aztecha Industries. They seem to have gone quiet recently.” He asks the question to Heulyn who looked up to him.

“Ah, we’re dealing with stuff over here. But I’m sure they’ll be back at it soon.” Their small talk died off given it felt rude to get into a conversation with two other people before them.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:32 pm
It was indeed quite awkward now, given what had just happened. The more friendly atmosphere of before was certainly long gone, and not going to return, so the park would be an awkward place for both of them to stay in at the same time. The silence on the part of the Anubite Spirits was finally broken after a while by Menthrasis, who spoke plainly, "It would be best, I believe, to go now. You have the information you should need for the High Lord's mission if that bit of spiritual magic has been successful, and it would be improper of you to not report this to the High Lord as soon as possible. Not to mention the safety of this park is not very high, as Renesab has verified. Given that he is a military man, I will trust in his professional opinion, and therefore I will require you to leave. Seek safety somewhere else. Good luck to you Heulyn, I hope you find the way to developing yourself into the best person you can be, and overcome the problems we had discussed."

With that request for Heulyn to leave, she did get her own reason to go anyways soon after. It was in the form of another batch of texts from Tarset, giving an update on the situation, and fortunately give Heulyn an excuse to leave;

:: Hey Heulyn, big development! ::

:: Sethus came back to the Fortress-Palace, big things have gone down! ::

:: Get back soon! ::

:: Mildir wanted me to add that you should bring back some butter on the way. Do not do that. ::
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 pm

It was hard to leave on bad terms but knew that it was best to take her leave. Thank you. High Lord Menthrasis. For what the words you shared with me. I look forward to the day we meet again on warmer sands.” Not wanting to overstay she gave a respectful bow and took her leave. The gathered beings followed suit albeit take their own leave as well.

“Despite the circumstances. It was a joy to meet you again. Sadly I have a session in ten minutes to embalm the deceased. So I take my leave for now. Farewell, and do remember that there are many who wish you well.” Inpu bid his goodbye. Melting back into nothingness.

Nenkidu too took his leave. But not without giving Heulyn a hug before dispersing into their astral form to head back to the desert.

Along the road back she received the text. Fiddling with the stuff in her arms since they are preoccupied she manages to send a text off.

:: Just started to head back there now. Left the park on a sour note (◕︵◕) ::

:: Oh don’t worry. I won’t spoil him this time. (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ::

Empathis on the I was lost in the text. For she sent the servant out from her shadow to go raid Yuya’s storerooms for a crate of butter to ‘relocate’ to her room. Technically she won’t be the one bringing the butter.

A short while later she strode through the gates once more. Flowers still adorning her head and around her neck. And two scrolls under one arm. At the very least she brought something to the table during her time away. Still she felt a wave of tiredness wash over her. Finally being able to feel relaxed in the comforting shadow of the temple-fortress.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:07 am
Upon return to the Fortress-Palace, Heulyn would be allowed in by a noticeably reinforced set of guards. Not a problem for her however, as she was at this point recognized by the local troops, so they didn't stop her from getting in. They did however report her arrival to the Lords further within so they would know she had arrived. That was important for the worried Tarset, who of course quite desired confirmation that Heulyn would return safely. Less pleasing would be the other servant with the crate of butter, but that couldn't be helped. Regardless, when Heulyn got inside, Tarset and Sethus were both waiting for her in the main entrance hall, as well as Almas who was casually lounging about on a couch. The Lady-Lord smiled as she saw Heulyn, "Welcome back! I am glad to see you are safe, Heulyn. Nice new outfit there, too! But oh, first, Sethus needs to give an update! Big things happened while you were gone!"

The High Lord, the living one now, nodded. Sethus looked a fair bit more tired, clear that he had been doing plenty on his own through all this time. But he remained firm regardless, standing straight and keeping himself firm for the tasks ahead. He smiled to Heulyn, a bit exhausted but going on to explain calmly, "Indeed, things have advanced rather quickly. Fortunately for everyone, I do not believe there will be any fighting on the streets. Unfortunately, things have developed in a fashion I could not have predicted, which makes a response more difficult to determine. Half of the Yuya Fleet is gone. They left, and where they went I do not know. But of greater concern is a more mysterious matter. Multiple buildings have simply disappeared. Sucali's Pyramid for instance is no longer where it once was, it is gone. Consumed by the sands, as far as we know. I have dispatched Mystics to try and find out exactly what happened, but little information has come from it. We have good news however. Much of the Yuya Family does not support Nerotep's claim, and have publicly thrown their support behind me. I am sure Nerotep knew that he lacked support, so that would explain this tactic of a retreat rather than full engagement. We'll have to keep an eye out for agents of Nerotep trying to undermine us subtly, the fleet Nerotep has kept on his side must be found and destroyed, and we have to find out how they managed to move their buildings. But the homeworld is safe, and that is what matters right now. The Empire is safe. But, on that point, how about your mission? Did you find anything out?"

-

Meanwhile, in an unidentified position, Sucali's Spirit hummed to himself while sitting on his sarcophagus. He tossed a little bouncy ball down, which sprung back up and into his hand to be thrown down again. He idly did this while thinking to himself. Things were going in an interesting fashion, and he was getting a good deal of amusement out of all this. He looked back at the door to the little cafe, which he decided to keep in the Pyramid despite the change in scenery. Never hurt to have somewhere else to lay about as the sands shifted. This was going to take a long, long time after all. The ball settled in his hand once again, and he kept it there. A smile on his face growing as it started to burn to a crisp, consumed by green flames. The ashes were tossed aside, but Sucali's smile remained. He had all the time in the universe for what needed to be done.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:11 pm
Her Servant would have taken the butter to her room in a stealthy manner. Never being caught with the crate in the first place. Nothing more than a wispy shadow darting here to there with a crate of butter trailing behind it. Leaving his Master alone as she headed inside. It felt nice for her to be in a familiar presence. Despite being tired she managed to put on a friendly face. “Hey Tarset. It’s good to be back.” Any further dialogue she had planned with her friend was tossed aside with the arrival of Sethus. The developing news was ominous but found some comfort in knowing there indeed won’t be any fighting on the streets. Hearing about the disappearances was also quite the mystery. All the while feeling that vague sensation at the back of her mind. Knowing that her connection to Sucali’s pyramid was still present. She didn’t bring it up. It comes down to her Amzielean custom of equivalent exchange. A standard amongst Magi to make up for every deed, item or piece of information given to them with repayment of equal value. While the whole Sucali and Menthrais spiel may be different things. She still felt the need to repay what she did.

She remembered what Menthrais told her. About finding herself to become something truly great. That too will be the other act of repayment. Slight penance aside she went over her recount of her jaunt down the road. Summarizing her discussions with Menthrais that led to a discovery. It then spiral into an intense moment where she called over Inpu to obtain information from them in the form of scrolls. Since she was just talking about what she learned she left out the irrelevant stuff like meeting Nenkidu again and crafting flora crafts. She’ll talk to Goljamush later herself. With that said and having handed over the scrolls. Her body truly felt drained. Leading her to head to bed early. As she falls into slumber she knew that tomorrow is going to be the start of a long road. Nerotep’s scheme may be beyond her. That is something she is aware of. Nonetheless Heulyn will devote herself towards recovery so that she may become someone truly worthy.

: Timeskip = 3 1/2 Years :

And thus the days began to flow by her. Sethus and herself to a extent was interested in diving into the mechanism of her Ahnenerbe.To the obvious reason of uncovering history that the Anubite culture is known for and to being a sort of self-discovery for Heulyn. She came to learn an idea from an old, esoteric book that addresses the idea of Soul Potentiality and Actuality. Going over the concept that anything has the potential to fulfill itself and become complete. Applying the thought to her situation she saw that reincarnation is a fitting supplement to a soul's journey towards complete perfection. Nenkidu aided Heulyn in her studies by giving her books from the treasury that’s written by many different scholars to help her pave her own road to understanding it. One such book was about the Elithquerna Welkin. Mainly going over the cycle of existence, a beginningless cycle of repeated birth, mundane existence and dying again.

In conjecture with her theological exploration into the many concepts of the Soul. From time to time they would perform experimentation of unlocking previous lives. To try to determine a pattern across them to find new pieces of a very large jigsaw puzzle. The more she recollected the more she could start gauging the order of these many lives. While they all feel like a book she read a long time ago she could grasp a sense of relativity. Habjaraja feels the most recent while Helwin feels much older. She also feels the length of the gaps between them but it is very much vague. Overall her approach to all this was to view it as a series of biographies. They may be closed and shelves but they each have some sort of lesson whether it be philosophical, moral, or something mundane. Basically to reflect on them and the choices she once made.

Links of the Chain:

Heulyn’s Servants:

All in all, Heulyn had a long and eventful years in the temple-fortress. It was hard to say that she had recovered. For dealing with trauma is extremely gradual over time. Therapy, diet and exercise and making an effort to socialize more were certainly her main fixes. Over time she just stopped thinking about the dark aspects of life so much and sticking to the meanings that her friends taught her. Still, she knows that recovery is a constant thing. But she does not lose heart anymore. A fact crystalised in her milestone of attaining Yetzirah, the formation of the Ahnenerbe. A ring of shards around her head that looked like they were fragments of the night sky. Ethereal clusters of stars twinkling within them. Was it a crown of starlight that radiated the beguiling light of her soul? A halo that silently sung a hymn to her cosmic journey to ‘perfection’? Or is it a torture device with the entirety of history stacked upon it, pressing down on her till the weight is all she knew? Or perhaps, it is all these things and more. Whatever the case may be. The only thing learned so far from attaining Yetzirah was her body now being strengthened to superamziel levels, as well as no longer able to be killed through vital areas and her bodies seizing to age. The changes were expected and had been discussed prior. Unlike other cultures, Anubite has a more optimistic view on immortality for obvious reasons given they’re technically immortal. From a pragmatic approach, Heulyn being an anchor free immortal mystic gives them an edge against their Zantine rival and even the Golden Dragons.

Beyond her advancements in such an esoteric form of sorcery. She was a good student under the tutelage of Sethus. Her growth was decently comparable to students in prestigious institutions. It helped that her therapy sessions lesson in frequency over the years which in turn gave her more free time. She still goes to therapy of course for roughly four to five times a month for basic counseling. Her depression no longer drowned out the smaller yet quintessentially facets of Heulyn. That is not to say she’s healed. For it’s like a scar. A scar made manifest from the dust and ashes of numerous dead legends. Clinging to a memory of loss and death and many more but perhaps even these scars can fade enough to grant her brighter days. She’s still more sentimental than normal. Someone who remembers the struggles of old more vividly and perhaps more fondly. It’s safe to say she has wisened somewhat. No longer letting the past cast a shadow over her. Planting the Key into her staff, bonding with her Servants, relearning proper magic. All are positive pieces of the past. Showing that despite all the hits she took and the scars she bore, she found something she can take some pride in.

Alongside her studies over the three and a half years she slowly became close to how she was before in terms of socializing with others. The frequent outings got her to interact more with the citizens of Linear City. Eventually becoming accepted as a proper citizen in their eyes. After getting through some culture shock she got a hang of the seasonal festivals and had fun partaking in them. She always did enjoy parties. One thing she made sure to do after having a few months pass was revist the park to mend the broken bridge she made. If successful, I would visit the park again from time to time. Given Mildir would want to visit the park in the first place.

She still kept in touch with Lady Kissa. Truly becoming proper friends when she first came back to Tomburion. For the first time in years having a girl’s day out with both Kissa and Tarset. As well having sleepovers every now and then. By the second year she was sent out by Sethus to work with Kissa in the field since archeology is an important part of Anubite society. While a bit skittish she manages to have a fun time searching through ruins on Angelarium. Getting a better understanding of how Anubites excavate history from the land. Her bond with Tarset could finally be called a bond of friendship. They became close over the years. Almas took notice of this as he kept being rather possessive of Heulyn. Mildir was the same stag as ever. She quickly bonded with Rayumere. Enjoying learning the advanced fields of science known to Hoshizora.

On certain nights she would meet Sucali in that cafe. While she can never be aware of Mystery presence she learned of the Cafe's existence because she made the connection with the knowledge from Hae. She treated the place as a neutral place. As odd it was she found a sort of solace drinking with the mad spirit. With him she could be more open about herself. To talk about the things that she never found the confidence to bring up to others even her therapists. Reminiscing the past tribulations. Beside that they do other nonsensical shenanigans. Like bowling or go karting on custom tracks in the mental, snowy landscape. Of course as is his nature they do end up in fights. It’s petty. It’s dramatic. But she needs the violence of it. The power. Makes her feel good. (It doesn’t. Just a different kind of bad. But even that can help, some days). Afterwards they head to the bar for drinks as if nothing ever happened.

It took time till she finally felt the weight of being the apprentice of the High Lord of the Anubite Empire. Appreciating the meaning of it. She became what any good student should be. Nervous at first she did get the hang of going with him off world to other places. Some were Union bases where they interacted with other leaders and important figures. It was always an interesting experience to meet exotic people across the stars. Sticking to the limits of the student teacher relationship she developed a quick bond with Sethus as well. Especially when he divulges the stuff he found like the smartphone. By this time after so many weeks working at his side. She had accepted the mindset that Tomburion was her new home. That she was a citizen of the Anubite Empire.

:Timeskip End:
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:12 pm
In those three and a half years since the disappearance of Sucali’s pyramid and Nerotep fleeing the planet, things had been quite active in the Anubite Empire, as much happened beyond merely the scope of Heulyn. The immediate fallout of the event was incredible scrutiny towards the Yuyas who remained on Tombuiorn, as well as the various members of the family spread across all the Anubite Empire in their various duties. Despite the initial tensions however, many of them reaffirmed their loyalty to the Empire and the High Lord, with the general consensus of the family being to disown Nerotep, which was of course approved by High Lord Sethus and formally carried out in a religious ceremony. This subsequently led to the rise of a new Great Lord for the Yuyas, that being one of Nerotep’s younger brothers; Clexmose Rwim. Lord Clexmose carried out an important reorganization of Yuya Household Guard, in order to sniff out Nerotep loyalists and spies.

With that purge occuring, the Yuyas who did support Nerotep’s claims fled to the Iammelonian Confederacy in order to join up with their exiled Lord. Nerotep had of course been recognized by the Confederates, who just wanted to sow discord wherever possible in Union ranks, and gave Nerotep a fleet to work with in addition to the troops who had already joined him. The Nerotep Battlegroup became one of the most persistent enemies to the Anubite Imperial Navy in the Iammelonian Civil War, with many battles between the two groups, the most famous being in the Battle of Cuthia.

Sucali has remained his usual, mad self. Mood swinging between enraged and jubilant in seconds, and then straight back to neutral just as quickly. He did however always honor the neutrality of the cafe in the end, but that went both ways. His mad ramblings might have had some information in it, but understanding that was a task beyond any creature, so his secrecy held. There was other news about the mad Yuya spirit however, less pleasant bits. The other times he was spotted was of course often with Nerotep, but there were a few instances in which he acted alone, and in odd circumstances. Lord Clexmose was attacked in his own Fortress-Palace one night by the spirit, sustaining a wound from the encounter before Sucali disappeared into mist, laughing the whole while.

There was much good news however. The Iammelonian Civil War, while initially in the favor of the Confederates, the power of the Union after it got some time to build up was showing. The tide was turning as the Confederates saw themselves losing ground, and many suspected that the end to the war was in sight. Sethus was one of those people, and he was very involved with the war effort, although notably he tried to keep Heulyn out of it when possible. The High Lord wanted to teach her properly, and not teach her in the form of a wartime squire. That and he had decided that involvement with the Civil War could worsen her mental conditions. Tarset too was entirely kept away from matters involving the Iammelonian Civil War, given the trauma she had sustained from that affair at the very start. So for the sake of mental health, not much news of the war entered the Suerankh Fortress-Palace, only the most important (and good) news was allowed through. Regardless, Sethus did take Heulyn with him for many of his off-world visits, such as one to Proscore. That world, formerly an Anubite Protectorate, was close with the Empire and so it was natural for the Anubites to provide assistance in the aftermath of an attempted Confederate attack on the planet. This was a good chance for Sethus to show Heulyn the diplomatic side of the obligations of the High Lord.

The Anubite Empire of course had more than just their two civil wars to deal with, with the more peaceful yet still important affair of note being Angelarium. The world of the Amziel was entrusted to the Anubites by the Union to handle while the war went on, as they were of course already set up on the planet. In the last 3 years, the Anubites continued to increase their presence on the planet. Both in the literal sense of increasing the amount of actual people they had present on the world, but more importantly their cultural and spiritual presence. Constructing temples and being heavily present in many sections of public life. Lady-Lord Ipwet was acting as a sort of transitional governess, although she intended to pass that position on soon. It was very much an Anubite style of assimilation, but the other forces of the Iammelonian Union were involved as well.

The Present Day

High Lord Sethus was returning from a meeting on Heord to discuss troop movements in these final months of the Iammelonian Civil War. His day was not over yet, but the most stressful parts were past him now. He could move on to more personal matters now, such as checking up on Heuyln. He was bringing some papers with him as well, a few additional documents that were needed to move along the process of naturalization in the Anubite Empire, and thereby Iammelon. They were getting along well with the various requirements, and with his own authority the process was shorter than it usually was. But even the High Lord could not save Heuyln (and himself) from dealing with paperwork, the least favorite aspect of his life as a government official. The scribes however needed the documents to officalize it all, and the gears of the bureaucratic process were all too important to risk disruption. So the paperwork would be done. As he arrived at the Fortress-Palace, he headed towards Heulyn’s room. The shrinks would be finishing up soon enough, and that was yet another process he didn’t wish to disrupt. Instead he simply had to wonder how Heuyln was doing while he was away.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:44 pm
The presence of a network of friends and family contributed in the recovery process of Heulyn’s mental health. Her many activities kept her mind off certain things which over time she recalled less of. Now more focus on the world around her. To truly begin contemplating the sunny days ahead. One aspect she became more aware of was the tramua in Tarset. Out of empathy and hidden guilt she sought to develop their bond. To remind her that she is not alone. Whether it be joining her in the baths to clean her (At times she wonders if she was being a bit bold in the process due to her admittedly skewed perception of the anubite form. Meaning she cleans Tarset with the same confidence that she would give Almas and Mildir). Or sneaking into Tarset’s sleeping chamber. Having woken up from the presence of Tarset nightmares which she was glad that she got sensitive to such energies to notice it. When the morning comes she would wake from the snugglefest to often see the furry duo having trailed behind her in the night. All curled up on the bed. On most days they went out and about to do whatever activities that the city has to offer together. Given her interest in the arts she enjoyed going to places that perform literary compositions the most.

Another individual that took a big part of her social life was with Iskandar. His brimming charisma and wisen outlook on life had been what she needed to go through some days where she fell in a rut. How could she not smile when she is around his jovial air and burning passion. He was the sort of ruler that can lit a great flame in one's chest, no matter who they are. It was mostly why she summoned him to Tombuiron even if she did not think of it at the time. She was grateful for the days when he took her out to tour the many historic landmarks of the empire. The biggest of which were the Anrak Ithkar Monument and his great tomb. Both were such significant cultural events that they often took a few days to truly see each one. The pilgrimage was almost life changing to Heulyn. The first time she stood before the great monument. She almost lost herself from taking it all in. The sense of such permanence, the weight of a hundred thousand millennia old legacy. It left her speechless. That day she began to truly comprehend the significance of the Anubite Empire. At times it made her wonder why they are not the head of the Union instead of the Dragons.

Once she went through a process of self-discovery. Now she was dealing with the questions of her cultural identity. Something which she had finished going over with the therapists about. It was a good session. By now these were getting easier to get through. She perks up when she senses Sethus nearby. Pouting somewhat in her inability to clean up somewhat. While she has no shame in her room being the poster child of a college dorm room she does like to make it seem that it can sustain life. The drawers of the beautifully made tallboy of Anubite make were flailing out like a dog’s tongue in summer. There was no bed anymore. That is a lost cause when it comes to having multiple roommates. She replaced it with an overly large futon bed many years ago. Since then that side of the room seems to grow with the amount of pillows and plushies that she accumulated in her travels. Her favorite plushie was of Anrak which was present atop her small corner of the bed. One side of her room was turned into a small workshop. The nexus for magi progress in their crafts. Stacks of tomes rented from the archive tower of side of a desk that was currently covered with parchments relating to the subjects that she was tasked to study. Her Torch-staff was planted beside it. Its flame softly flickering. Her fridge plastered with taken pictures of sunny days. The center of her room fares no better. The table was present with empty snack bowls upon it and console controllers for the monitor that was set up on one side of her room. Surrounded by a semicircle of fancy gaming rocking chairs. It was a mess. But it was her mess. A fact she was ridiculously proud of. She would happily join the revolution to oppose the society imposed view of neatness. To rise up and overthrow the dark and twisted hegemony of folded bed sheets. Sadly, this was not that day.

She got up as well when the shrinks took their leave. Smoothing out her attire somewhat. Looking forward to seeing Sethus again. Feeling his presence gave notable relief. Try as he might to isolate her from the cruel galaxy above. She will never turn a blind eye to it. But she appreciates his gestures regardless so she never brings up the topic unless initiated. It was nice he did not go overboard with it. She enjoyed the time that she was brought along to other worlds like Proscore. That had been a scary but fun experience for her. The memories of past days float about in her thoughts as she awaited for Sethus to arrive.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:56 am
Sethus entered into the room, placing his staff away at the entrance as he doubted he would be needing it. He glanced about the room, taking in the rather messy state of affairs. He was used to it by now, but it still never really sat well with him. The High Lord kept his own room far more organized and neat, taking great effort to ensure all was organized so he didn't need to rely on his memory to know where everything was. Much easier to simply follow the organizational patterns. But of course, he did know he had certain advantages. Such as a full staff for that, not to mention he didn't need to deal with multiple large fuzzy creatures who didn't know, or more importantly care, about the concept of keeping a room neat. Mildir in particular, as while the Stag was highly intelligent he also was incredibly uncaring about cleanliness. It was all too often Heulyn would need to clean him, and that would reflect on the status of the room after he went through it.

Regardless of all that, it was still nice to be somewhere familiar. Sethus smiled to Heulyn as he went in, sitting himself down, "Hello Heulyn, I hope your day has been well so far! I was informed of your recent trips to some of the major cultural sites of the Empire, such as the Ithkar Monument! I am quite happy that you're looking into the culture of the Empire, it's pleasant to see you taking independent interest. Fits what I brought for you!" He put the citizenship document papers down on a table, for her to look at later, "More paperwork, I know. But it's not nearly as much as I have to deal with. The recent meeting on Heord included talk of the new Anubite Imperial Protectorate, that Solar Empire. Plenty of paperwork to do with the diplomatic agreements that entails, not to mention discussing that with Iammelonian Union officials. Life only grows more and more complicated, it does seem. Although that will at least be another good lesson for you! The High Lord has obligations to the Anubite Empire, but also those who put themselves under its protection. Perhaps I'll bring you with me when we work on the raising of auxiliaries from this Solar Empire."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:30 pm
His celebratory tone gave her a warm feeling. It was a fun experience that she looks forward to her future trip. At first she was a bit conflicted. Having been at the period where she still felt insignificant. That she was an outsider. At the time she was with Iskander who had coined in his personal wisdom. Bringing up the fact that they were different in every aside aside from their golden ichor that flows through them. He was an ancient king that had planted his banner on all corners of Dion, the Zeidaen homeworld. In his mortal life he never heard of Eaeireth. To him all it was just another speck of light in the night sky. After his death when he was summoned from the ring. He was just that. An outsider who one would say had no reason to fight for the fate of a foreign world that he did not know the name of in life. Yet he fought with fervor. It did not matter if their origin or flesh were different. No, it’s something greater than that he stated to Heulyn. Much greater. He, and the many other Servants who had come from different worlds such as Manna-Heim and Kemet had fought at her side because they saw value in the ideals of Amzielean.

Standing before that great monolith. Amber eyes going over the ancient engravings in the black stone. She began to come to an understanding. It was not Ithkar’s blood that blessed him with victory. But rather his will and dream made manifested into a destiny. Since then he passed down his ideals. A passing of the torch that exchanged countless hands. Now she figuratively and literally possesses a torch. And she does not need fur to light the barbaric darkness. While she made leaps and bounds in personal discovery there were still uncertainties in her. But it was a far cry to how deep it was years ago. “Heheh, it was a good experience.” One that will shape her coming days to come. “It was neat to see his old manor was still standing to this day. I’ve rarely ever seen such structures in good condition over such a long period of time.” She began chatting away somewhat. Expressing other smaller details in a way that reflects her past experience as a former student in archeology. Something which Sethus would know from Heulyn quite a while ago. Having divulged her encounter with Tiamat before she came to Tombuiron.

Her face lit up when she saw the documation papers on the table. Happy that she was nearing the end of the immigration process. While she was long used to dealing with complicated paperwork it was still a bit mind numbing. More so when put on top of her studies. Thaumaturgical Theories, Magical Formula, Thaumaturgical Foundation, the list goes on. Some of these were Amzielean sorcery. A Thaumaturgical foundation is a set or pre-established rule, or a greater magic Formula or Formulae. A Magical formula is a program of magecraft where the magical circuits are activated and agitated in a specific manner so that when the command is sent towards the magical circuits, a spell will be activated and carried out.

A look into Heulyn studies:

All in all she was a diligent student. So she did not shudder at the notion of being brought along to dive head first into more paperwork. “Hah, I wouldn't mind it.” She let out a slight chuckle. The face of Kissa came to mind when she thought of Angelarium. It would be fun if they were to meet up again. “That place is really changing a lot. I admit it would be neat to see the progress made since our last visit.” It was easier to talk about Angelarium now. It was less often that she associated the world to those days. Now the first things that come to mind are the present events in the world. Such as the ongoing developments with Ishnar and Welkin. She heard that Chesron comes out every now and then to stop by the camp that was close to the Necropolis. Having small talk and a cup of coffee as if he was on water break which may have been the case. The Ferryman gets along with the people of the camp. Sometimes sharing news of interest that he figures that they would be interested in. The major one being in response to learning about Tiamat being sealed away by the Delmah. Prior to that there was a growing faction that pushed for more influence on this side of the universe, mostly to punish Tiamat. But because she is out of the picture that support evaporated. Leaving them to be mostly content with just typical interaction with Hoshizora and nothing special.

One other development was the Immaculate One sending over a personal envoy to whoever wish to take him in whether it be the office of Lady-Lord Ipwet or someone else. He is supposedly somewhat of an important figure in the upper echelons of the national body. He is a part of the Longinus Dreizehn Order, also known as the Obsidian Round Table. A small, prestigious group for high ranking officials. Thirteen troops that serve as the Last Battalion for the army. A force to counter any cataclysmic event that were to befall on their holdings. Given any such event had never occurred for a very long while. There was little worry for them to do important stuff elsewhere. The individual that was chosen to be an envoy was Abraham, holder of the fourth seat of the table. The news outlet did not write much else about him so she doesn't know much either.

Going over to the table to take a glance at the papers she continued the conversation. “I’m always up for a learning experience. I reckon it’s not everyday the empire gets a foreign nation under their influence.” She was always fascinated with the growth of civilizations. Seeing them steadily rise to prominence. So this was a special treat for her to witness.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:44 pm
Sethus was overall rather pleased with Heulyn's good progress in her studies, even if he had to work a bit himself to get used to the Amzielian sorcery and its various theories. It wasn't anything he couldn't work with, and he was sure over time he could utilize much of it and work it into the Anubite perspective. Getting it in that framework would probably help in other lessons as well, make it easier to transfer knowledge from one field to another. Regardless, while he was pleased there, Sethus was more happy that Heulyn seemed to be less troubled when it came to Angelarium. The High Lord was pleased to see her getting past the issues of the past there, as he was sure that would help on her mental health side, "Indeed, the world has changed greatly over these last few years as Amziel settle into the new order. There is still more work to do on that front, I believe, but I am confident we will get far. Ipwet is making great progress, and the recent treaties with the Solar Empire there should help to stabilize our presence on the planet. Over time, I am quite sure the people of that planet will be a good addition to the Empire." Diplomacy was indeed Ipwet's sphere. Both because it was just her natural area of duty, but also because it was rather entangled with the affairs on Angelarium, which Ipwet was entrusted with managing.

He then chuckled and nodded, "Not so common, at least not nowadays. But at the height of this Empire's power and influence, we had many such Imperial Protectorates. Proscore is the famous one, but the Arachain, the Fortress World of Xito, and even some Tordelian states for instance have been under our protection in the past. This is a nice return to such golden times. So, in a way, this is a glance into that past, which does make it a great chance for learning." He paused, thinking, and then seemed to get an idea, "Ah, speaking of which, I was thinking of handling another important lesson into the functions of the Empire. I am sure you have heard about them, but you have not yet met the Ancestor Council who I share power with. While the council is not going to be called for a meeting for a while, I can take you to meet some of its membership. Does that sound like a good lesson?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:08 pm
She did not fully share the same sentiments of the populace being good adations at least not yet. But she was not blind to the rich opportunities that the world can provide. It’s no surprise that some forigine powers like the Delmah clung on to it like an unwanted parasite. The militarized nature of them made the notion of them being so close to Iammelonian worrying but a bit sensible, for the Delmah are situated in the far south so it makes sense for them to seek suitable places to be nearer to more active regions of the galaxy. Regardless she feels that with the way the planet is heading further under Anubite control the Delmah will be forcibly squeezed out. The Delmah aside. The abundance of mysteries on Angelarium is sure to yield great boons to any party that finds it. Especially some yet to be discovered things that she can vaguely remember from her past life. “I suppose you’re right. The Empire can benefit a lot from Angelarium.” She spoke a bit reluctantly. Having nothing to really dispute it now. “But yeah, that’s good to hear. I’m sure we’ll make good progress.”

The notion of golden times made her feel strangely notelgic. It was not an uncommon feeling. Somewhat spiking in frequency whenever she learns about a past life. Most days it came from the cozy sandstone around her. Reminding her of old deserts and older friends. “You know, I’m still overwhelmed by how long lasting Anubite history is at times.” For a former Archeologist student she could appreciate and comprehend the scope of history. Their civilization is so old that it predates every Iammelonian nation and perhaps even cultural group. The Anubite were building wonders when the dragons were still feral beasts fighting over scraps of meat. Best of all it was all preserved. Resistant to the tide of time. “I’m amazed by the stability of the empire. Truly am. In some ways it surpasses some of the old interstellar nations in Auinozoaun in terms of continuation. Back in that time, the Ishnar while old, was the eighth reiteration of the government model for the Amziel. Reason they don’t differentiate I guess is that they view it as the continuation of the last one.” She remarks, setting down the papers she was looking at. “It’s a bit of a curiosity that the Empire doesn't have as much regional relevancy as I would expect them to.” Her mental observation spill out of her mouth. A bit too absent minded to notice it. For it was not really a serious question because she generally understands why it is. But it was still something that caused questions.

Her amber eyes sweep back over to him. The suggestion of meeting the members of the legislative organ of the Empire was a bit daunting. Normally she can do fine to rub shoulders with politicians. But this was a bit different. The council became more present on her mind when she achieved Yetzirah a couple months ago. Becoming more sensitive to the surrounding energies. The world through her mind eye became more crisp and voluminous. She could make out the individual souls in the swirling sea of life much easier. Because of this she became even more aware of how old Tombuiron is. Before she thought Sethus pillar of shimmering blue energy and Goljamush radiance of a golden sun were impressive. Now she could feel much more ancient souls nearby. Even in this room she could see one such presence from afar. Having first felt in a wing of Sethus’s palace. Considering what she knew it had to be Ithkar. “Haah, I’m a bit intimidated.” She honestly expresses her feelings. Rubbing her arm a bit at the thought of meeting souls that had been around for possibly thousands of years. It was one thing to try to fit in a public crowd like at a festival or shopping center. But stepping into the circle of the elite was a step above that. She is still aware of just how uncommon her status in society is. Even if she had the papers that will label her as a proper citizen. To them she would be a strange outsider. She could feel it. It would be no surprise if she were to be heavily scrutinized. “But. You know. This is an important step I should take. I… have to do this sooner or later.” A faint echo of Menthrais words play in the back of her head. “So I’m up for it.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:45 am
Sethus kept up his smile as he saw Heulyn get nostalgic at the mention of the Anubite Golden Era. The connections she was making to the Empire were an important part of integrating her into it fully, after all. And understanding its greatest strengths, stability and endurance, was an important part of appreciating the Empire itself. After all, they were what the Empire was built on, so Sethus nodded, "You are learning well, for the Anubite Empire's long life and stability are unusual and fantastical. We are a very unnatural civilization in that way. We are ancient, and yet constant. Many other Empires and Civilizations have lived long times as well, but in many cases are unrecognizable if you tried to compare their early days with their modern days, and that is with histories that are dwarfed by ours. The Zantines have a far bit of time to them, but their empire has changed greatly from when it started to now. Meanwhile, here in the Anubite Empire, our ancestors continue to work among us because things are stable. Technology has progressed and the situation has changed, but the Empire is secure in its ways always, because we ensure that at our core we are forever consistent." He then considered her pondering about the Anubite Empire's regional relevancy, which he did have an answer for, "Well, simply put, we have never been irrelevant. The Anubite Empire's status as a great power or secondary power in the region does change, it's true, but consider this. We are still here, and we have never been ignored. Many other civilizations cannot say the same. The situation around us is always changing, and the Anubite Empire cannot always ensure that we are on top when that happens, but we do always ensure that we live on. And, when the situation changes again, there is always the opportunity for us to grow in power yet again. The true death of Empires, Heulyn, is overexpansion, a worry we Anubites have never faced."

He could see how she was intimidated, and he understood all too well. Anubites were more acclimated to this sort of affair simply due to exposure, a sort of societal norm that they all came to terms with. But that was mostly for ghosts and ancestors in general, the average Anubite still got nervous when speaking with an individual they had likely read about in textbooks, or heard epic stories about. After all, speaking to your great-grandma's spirit was quite different to an encounter with a legendary warrior of countless years past. Sethus knew quite well that he was uniquely adapted to such encounters due to his line of work. It was quite literally what he was raised to do, with constant training, preparation, and habituation making him the natural fit to speak with a body like the Ancestor Council. He was trained to do this from childhood however, so passing on those lessons would be quite different when it came to a grown individual like Heulyn. Nonetheless, Sethus intended to at least give it a try when they both were ready. She had progressed quite well in her studies thus far, and so this was the final check to see if she was personally prepared. With the answer given, he could smile and nod, "A very important step, and one that should not be rushed. But if you are prepared mentally, just gotta get prepared physically! The Ancestor Council are still quite the formal bunch, so it's required that you ensure you look your best, and this room is a bit... messy, to say the least. So you should wash up quickly first."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:30 pm
It was one thing to treat a girl’s room as a deserted land. But it’s another to pass judgement on their appearance. Even years later it would seem that Sethus still had much to learn about the fairer sex. Hands clasped behind her back she seemed to have become a bit aggrieved. Her cheeks flush in a deep gold. While she may not be a girly girl that likes frilly attire and makeup. She still has some manner of femininity in her. And she very much has a maternal soul even if her flesh was not of one. “...oh...okay” Never being the combative type she went to the bathroom that was connected to her room. Given his sensitive ears, Sethus could overhear some of her mumbling as she head inside. “...Tarset bought me this dress too..” It did not take long for her to clean up given she was aware of the schedule. (But mostly because she already did as she always does before going to her therapy sessions.) Coming she seemed fine out first but her cheeks golden a bit but not as much before she made short eye contact with Sethus. Softly pouting she skitter around the central table to go over to grab Torch-staff. The torch flame gave a puff when she grabbed it. “I’m ready to head out.” Heulyn was not brazen enough to make a curt tone against Sethus. Instead her voice was wooden. Seemly letting the water go under the bridge.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:48 pm
Sethus was of course confused for a bit at the response to his suggestion, not quite getting what he had done wrong. In his own personal experience, it was just natural to make sure he fully cleaned up before going to visit the Ancestor Council, regardless of prior status. Then he started piecing it together as she went off, with the mumbling of the dress in particular making him realize his mistake. Grandma was going to eviscerate him for this later, he was all too aware of how she would chew him out for that insensitivity. When she came out, he nodded to her, "Excellent, we'll go right away. And, erhm, apologies. I projected a little there, which is more an infraction on myself, please do not take it too personally on yourself." He would leave it there, instead of risking things getting ever more awkward if he stuck to the subject. Instead, he began the walk.

The Linear City was a usual sight for Heulyn by now, and as usual for the city it had barely changed over the years. Things in the Anubite Empire were stable and unmoving as always, despite all the turmoil around them and even within their own society. Great care was taken to avoid all those troubles effecting the everyday life of the people here, which helped keep everyone calm on the planet. Life went on as normal. Although there was a notable change, and it was that people had long since learned who Heulyn was now. It was difficult to keep information on the apprentice to the High Lord for years, after all. So open respect was shown, people making sure to stay out of Heulyn's way and the guards not giving her trouble, and in fact visibly making themselves look more busy and diligent, clearly being careful in case Sethus sent his apprentice out on an inspection. Fortunately, Anubite respect for the High Lord meant that the oddity of a non-Anubite and non-noble being an apprentice to the High Lord quickly phased out in the public eye, since nobody wanted to question the High Lord's judgement.

After a while walking, they would finally arrive at the Imperial Citadel, the Rwim Fortress-Palace and center of the Anubite Empire. It was a massive structure, a practical skyscraper, and one that was very easy to see how time had crafted it. While at the center was the original Fortress-Palace, the large castle-like structure similar to Tarset's, time had required more and more expansions to the building to facilitate things it needed. New wings were constantly added for varying purposes, some big and some small, all branching out from eachother to create what under normal circumstances would be a nightmare of a structure. But Anubite specialties shined through here, as they were ones to understand how things developed over time. It was difficult to tell when each addition was made, because the same architectural style was appealed in each case, for in fact it was often the same architects making additions even thousands of years later, just perhaps in a less living form than they originally were in. So while it was clear that there were countless additions, there was a method to the madness, and there remained the main gate as the one, ever-constant entrance to the building. They were however here for one of the bigger wings of the Citadel, that being the Ancestor Council's Chambers. This was one of the first additions to the Rwim Fortress-Palace, and still one of the largest parts of the entire complex. On the outside it looked like a large dome, with small pyramid structures at the 4 corners that allowed entry to the building. The guard detail here was immense, and Heulyn could even see a tank among the sentries. There were no visitors here, for this was not a place for just anybody to even gaze upon. Such was the cultural and religious significance of this place, and one could guess how they would treat unwelcome tourists defiling the area. Of course, from here, Heulyn could also sense another major place of significance in the Citadel Complex, that being the residence wing of Anrak Ithkar, his soul's power being palpable to all who came near, and his small residential palace here was similarly fiercely protected. It was close by to the Ancestor Council Chambers, clearly in case either party wished to speak with the other.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:33 pm
Heulyn simply let the topic drop as well. Walking out the door with him to make their trip to his Fortress-Palace. Something she only ever went on a few times. All of which she was brought there for insights on Anubite diplomacy. None too confidential as Sethus did a good job of sheltering her from the ongoing war. They were mostly just talks on potential trade deals and planning out the Iammelonian colonization of Angelarium for the next decade. She found those days to be worthwhile. But at times she wishes Sethus could have trusted her a bit more. War was a hard subject for her. That fact is undeniable. It was sweet what Sethus did. And she did benefit from the dissociation. But she was very much a part of that side of life. Something which she is reminded of at times when she walks with Sethus down the street like this present moment.

In the beginning she was as with most things borne an outsider perspective. Always seeing the person first before their seeing the worth of their life. Looking past the veil of untouchability to see the individual. It was a small reason why she was first causal with Menthrais, Tarset, and Sethus. Many of her old friends came from various brands of aristocracy. In a way she developed a skewed perspective of her place in the social ladder. Subconsciously feeling, perhaps a bit arrogantly she admits, that she can be on equal footing with nobility. It wasn’t until later when she began to look through Anubite customs through their lens that she truly began to comprehend just how important a figure Sethus is. He carries the legacy of Anrak Ithkar on his shoulders. In her own way she could empathize with that feeling. He doesn’t just carry the will of those who died. It's everyone who lives. It’s everyone who’s yet to come.

When that realization finally dawned on her she went through a small phase of self-doubt in being the apprentice of the High-Lord. Letting the short lived gossip get to her. For they were right to a degree. It was one thing for a sovereign in say a democracy to mentor a personal student. But it was different in a caste based society. If she had been taken in by the Zantine Emperor she had a good feeling that there would have been a bit more opposition. In that light it made her more grateful not only for the nobility tolerance but for Sethus taking her in as well. The thought of noble blood led her to ponder about herself more. Remembering the many pop talks given to her by her servants who claim that while she may not be of noble birth, her spirit made up for that a thousand times over. That she can become a good apprentice to Sethus. That her flame can easily rival Memphi to illuminate the glory of Rwim.

She kept close to Sethus as they headed into the complex proper. Not yet used to being in someplace that not just anyone can saunter into. The close presence of the empire progenitor did not help to settle the butterflies in her stomach. He very much feels like a mountain as old as time. And she was standing at the foot of it. She didn’t dare to look at it though her mind eye lest she loses her composure. Spirits of immense weight always take time for her to get used to. So she kept her pace with Sethus. While she hides it well she was a bit nervous.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:52 pm
Sethus looked about, and smiled to Heulyn in a reassuring manner, "You need not worry too much. The Ancestor Council is not currently in session, and most of them are resting or attending to their own matters. You won't have to meet all 3000 current members today, just the handful who happen to be here right now. They're likely discussing current events with eachother, and those here should be enough to give you a glimpse into the nature of the council as a whole. Consider it as a sample survey to infer about the whole population, if you wish to put it more in the form of statistics." With that, he moved to approach one of the entrances to the large building. He pushed against the large doors, and gained entry. The chambers were not first however, they had to get through a detailed hallway, at the end of which was the proper entrance to the Ancestor Council chambers. The hall itself was no slouch however, as if one looked up they would see a formation of stained glass, which from the start of the hallway to the end detailed the story of an Anubite, who seemed to be defeating a great evil spirit and reclaiming a staff, much like the one Sethus was carrying right now in fact.

As they grew closer, one noticeable change was the nature of the guards. As Heulyn would know, the Anubite Empire of course had their Imperial Army and Navy, but there were also the various House Guards serving the noble families, often interlinked closely with the main military. She would have seen those serving Tarset, and of course the many in personal service to the Rwim Imperial Family. But here she would begin to see many such House Guards, with insignia tying them to houses she would not have seen before, except in one other place. That other place being history textbooks talking about ancient legendary families, whose lines had faded from life. But here, the ghostly guardians bore symbols of families from any point in Anubite History. And, if one looked closely, there were even batches of the spirits of the Ithkar Royal Guard, the force that predated the current Rwim Royal Guard. But more easy to notice was the fact that there were not just the spirits of Anubites here. Amurrak were of course the second most common, but there were a few Human and Arachain present as well, bearing their own symbols. All however made way for Sethus, albeit with a great deal of scrutiny. In here, even the High Lord was to be watched carefully for any funny business, but he still carried respect, although the Human Spirits in particular didn't seem too impressed. But that was understandable once one realized their uniforms were Proscorine, and Republics were not quite as respectful to Lords. Normally quite an offensive tone to take on the homeworld of the Anubite Empire, but it was completely fine in here; where the dead hold command.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:59 am
She gave a soft smile in response. The assurance was nice but it was still somewhat nerve wracking. Bumping shoulders with Heroic Spirits was one thing. Many of them tend to only have lived under a century. Here however the dead walk these grounds for countless millennia. Sure she may be exaggerating them but she has always been the dramatic sort. It did get better when she got out of the open and into the secured hallway. While the walls seem to cave in on her the wall mural did a good job of distracting her. Her amber-gold eyes wander over the paintings as they make their way down the hallway. Much to her dismay the butterflies in her stomach stir when she walked by the guards.

Sentient rodents were one thing. They can and have been shown to be cute. By why. Why spiders of all possible choices to give intelligent thought to. She felt conflicted about her emotions. She was self aware enough to know that she was being insensitive. But on the other side of the coin she wanted to burn the whole place down. Even if that would surely get her in hot waters. While her internal voice was screaming it was a polarizing difference to her outer expression. Kept being calm and not sparing much attention to the guards. However ever so slightly she hover closer to Sethus.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:17 am
It was truly one of the galaxy's biggest questions, those Arachain and their rise to sentience. However, they were sentient and part of the Iammelonian Community, and rather interlinked with the history of the Anubites as well. Thus, they were here, and they would be staying. It did seem Sethus understood Heulyn's apprehension, however, and so he let her stay close and didn't comment. Fortunately for them, nobody interrupted them, and he reached the end of the hall, pushing the doors open to enter the main chamber.

The Main Chamber of the Ancestor's Council was best described as somewhat like a theater room. Rows upon rows of seats, with multiple levels, all arranged in a circular format. Each seat had a little hole fit for a Soul Stone to lay in it, clearly allowing the spirit in question to comfortably stay in their seat without needing the assistance of a mystic. The seats were comfortable velvet, although that was mostly for making the seats look good as spirits didn't really have the feeling capacities to care about the comfort. More importantly however, each of the seats had some additional technical assistants. Small projectors built into the arms gave holographic screens, currently disabled as they were not in use, to allow the one sitting to perform actions such as make votes on decisions, or activate a mic in order to play their voice through the large speakers scattered across the room, ensuring all within could hear them. Small things like that in order to make sure each ancestor had the tools they needed to contribute to the discussion at hand. And that of course led to the main center of the room, the stage itself in the middle of the circle of seats. On the stage was a podium for the current lead speaker, as well as a dozen smaller podiums for secondary speakers. These too had mics that went into the speakers, as well as small terminal screens in order to send images to the seat projectors, in case one wanted to make a visual presentation to the council members. As of now, all of this was empty, as the council was not in session, but there were a few figures having a chat among themselves on the stage.

There were four ghosts here at the present time. One was an Anubite, an old grizzled one with rough fur and eyes that glowed purple, in contrast to the tinge of blue that made up the majority of his spectral form. He wore an outfit similar to that of the librarians in the great archives that Heulyn would've have met in her studies on the planet, but his was particularly stylized, showing rank. The second figure was an Arachain, wearing a suit of armor and oddly a tophat. Third was an Amurrak, one that bore a striking resemblance to Rayumere, and even wearing a similar suit of armor to the High Innovator, although it was noticeably older in design. And finally, there was a Human. He was certainly the most normal of the lot, simply a well groomed man in a tuxedo, although his left eye was notably a robotic one. They were engaged in a discussion, but paused as they noticed there were new arrivals in the room.

Sethus walked up to the group, and all the spirits turned to face the High Lord and his apprentice as they approached. The High Lord nodded to them, "Greetings, Councilors. I decided to bring my new apprentice in to see the chambers, as I felt it would be a good lesson for her. Allow me to introduce everyone. This of course is Heulyn, my apprentice." He gestured to her for the Councilors, and then pointed to the Anubite, "This is Lord Delnore Suerankh, one of Tarset's Ancestors. In life, he was the head archivist for the Aluxandri Great Archives, and personally lead one of the largest efforts to properly catalog the many, many items within. Not a minor task in the slightest, and he in fact died of old age in the process, although that didn't stop his work." Then he gestured to the Amurrak, "Enomar Rehka, an ancestor of Rayumere. He was also a High Innovator, and a pioneer in the field of magic-enhancing armor." Next up was the Arachain, "Jack Fultos. A legendary Arachain, his brave efforts saw him lead an army of his kind to defeat a Zantine Invasion that had already defeated the Anubite Army sent to try and stop them, allowing the tide of the war to shift back in our favor. He also is rather good with a piano, as he prefers to be remembered for." Finally, the Human, "And this is Avitior Dezma. He was in life the CEO of the Proscore Avionics Corporation and High Councilor of the Republic of Proscore, at a time when it was a Anubite Imperial Protectorate of course. He is most remembered for his support of the Proscorine Yellow Scarf Movement, rather surprising given that it was a workers rights movement that originated from problems within in his company, but how he handled it saw him elected to the highest office of their republic and later ensure his family would forever sit among the highest ranks in the company."

The first ancestor to speak after being introduced was Avitior, who held out a hand for Heulyn to shake, "A most warm greetings to you, Heulyn. You're one of those Amziel, from the recently acquired territories on Angelarium. Haven't had the chance to meet one of you yet, but it seems you've checked that particular box quite nicely. Same planet has a new protectorate on it too. Perhaps in a thousand years or so I'll serve on this council with somebody from them! Always nice to have fellow Protectorate Representatives to talk to. Don't get me wrong, you Empire-folks are quite fine and all, but it is good to bring in additional perspectives. That's why I am here after all! Well, that and to uphold Proscore's interests. Take notes there, Heulyn, it's important to remember the other members of this Empire that make it so great besides the Anubites themselves!"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:34 pm
While not outside her scope of expectations she was somewhat expecting something else. But she knew it made sense to have a broad band of perspectives for whatever issue might come up. If this group served a good representative of how diverse the council is. It raises the old question of why they did not denounce Nerotep. At first she thought it was some conspiracy theory or an ancient pact made centuries ago. But this has seem to discredit that train of thought. Political intrigue aside she gave a smile. Something she was a bit proud of given the certain council member present. Warmly shaking the spectral hand she spoke back in a friendly manner. “it's an honor to meet you all. I can relate to the notion of having different outlooks. Many years before I came to know the wider galaxy I was a part of a cosmopolitan community.” She remarks in agreement.

The one thing she noticed and expected was how casually he threw the temporal term. Contemplating such immense spans of time is like looking into an abyss, an inducement to vertigo, for they are more than many can grasp. People can talk about them easily enough, just more big numbers, but many can't really intuit them. They all know what a second or a week feels like. But a million years or even ten thousand is beyond most mortal experience. How many when talking about immortality can’t tell the difference between living a really long time and infinite life. “So it would be nice to see new faces filtering in. A lot can be learned from them.” It made her ponder what Angelarium would become. Admin Juliette already expressed that she did not mind being within the empire sphere of influence. Content to just being the equivalent to a microstate. Leaving just the Solar and Anubite empire to fill in the unclaimed lands. The Delmah would surely be gone by then. “But yeah. It’s good to be here.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:32 pm
Lord Delnore seemed rather interested with that first comment, which made sense given his role in life, "A cosmopolitan community? You'll have to explain further, as I know little of your society. Needs to be entered into the records for preservation at some point. After all, someday that community may be faded from memory. Best to write it down so it lives on in eternity, in the Empire that lives on forevermore."

The Arachain's eyes drifted over to the old Anubite, teeth chattering in a way that almost sounded like a sigh. Jack's head shook in disappointment, "So quick, so quick! So quick to assume all others fade and one survives! So quick to forget that you are mortal too! And if that continues, so quick will you be to fade away yourself! However, learning is important, quite so! So now it is your turn to be quick, apprentice! What use is knowledge if it cannot be taught to others, passed on and on? Your learning just begins, and true learning starts with teaching!"

The old archivist grunted at the spider, shaking his head and speaking up, "How presumptive of you, Jack! While I admire you saving our Empire in a war once, the Empire has quite a bit of precedence for surviving beyond all others! But even without that, that is the point of writing it down! Writing can be spread, preserved by others, in an infinite cycle that ensures it stays in the public pool of knowledge! It is not my fault that I don't take into consideration your people's ways of splurging all information out like a machine gun because you think you can absorb it all without any trouble! How much of that factory-line education and oddjobs actually stay in your head!?"

Sethus sighed, leaning down to Heulyn and whispering to her, "Bickering is common among them, this is quite regular. When you know others for a long time, you either grow to like them or hate them. Staying neutral to somebody you've known for a thousand years is beyond the capacity of most souls, sadly." He then looked up and slammed his staff down, and like a judge with their gavel order was restored, "Please, ancestors, let us avoid these disputes in front of young minds. Not much to teach in that way from either perspective, wouldn't you agree?" That wasn't totally true to Sethus, as there was something to be gained from viewing such an altercation in fact, but of course this was enough to guilt the older souls into ceasing their feud.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:50 pm
The bickering was in a strange way a bit cathartic to her. Loud memories of literal embodiments of legends fighting each other over the most trivial of things came to her as she watched the scene play out before her. It doesn't matter what title you hold or how long you lived. Everyone was still an individual with their own quirks. It’s as Sethus said and in a way Menthrasis too. You can’t always stay on the sidelines, to be neutral to everything. You have to eventually press forward. To accept the fact that you can’t make everyone happy. If it could there would have been a lot less bloodshed in the universe. She gave a understanding expression to Sethus but kept quiet out of awkwardness of what to say as she felt that Sethus ended the discussion.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:06 am
As that conversation ended, and silence dawned once more, that gave the final member of the batch of ancestors their chance to speak. That being Enomar Rehka, an old High Innovator of the same family as the High Innovator Heulyn personally knew. The Amurrak spoke more softly than the others, his voice carrying more of that traditional ancient calm that one would've expected from such an assembly, "Now that we are past that, I believe we should all do our duties to the education of the High Lord's apprentice. We are all gathered in a sacred place, and it would do well for us to teach more about it and the goings on here. And the simplest way to do is... Questions! This group gathered here is quite diverse, a High Lord and four different Ancestor Councilmen of differing backgrounds. This makes us quite suitable to fielding many questions. Of course, as my fellows here have shown, we are curious about you as well. So in order to make a fair exchange, we can exchange these questions. How does that sound? You may of course start first, as you were brought here by the High Lord to learn, and it would hardly be proper for our curiosities to overwrite that."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:57 am
At this point she came to expect the inquisitive nature in the citizens of the empire. Whenever she goes out it’s more than likely that any stranger she strikes up a conversation with tends to end up in a game of twenty questions. She suppose it was to be expected. After all, she was a foreigner. It didn’t matter how well she spoke their language or wore their clothes. It was a sad fact of life. Even if many are starting to treat her as normal when the novelty wears off. There are still those who want to pull out her life story in one setting. It can be tiring at times. Regardless, she can brush it off in this instance. Giving a small smile she gave a look of agreement. “I don’t mind at all! I'm quite used to these sorts of discussions.” She remarked in a peppy mood. Getting more used to being in the presence of a certain spirit in the room. Giving her enough mental energy to think of a starting question. Topics regarding Nerotep had been surly beaten to death so she won’t bother retreading that ground. It was too soon to make radical questions in terms of nationalism. And it was the wrong crowd to talk about mysticism.

“Let’s see.” She starts with the famous stalling tactic to give her more time to think. Having a hard time figuring out a good place to start till she became aware again of how her spine tingles every now and then. The presence of the spirit behind her beat her back like the rays of Memphi. Her eyes lit up with newfound interest. “What is Anrak Ithkar like? So far I have only really hear of him through stories and secondhand accounts.” A part she asks this is that she’s self aware enough that she has the habit of over exaggerating someone based on their legends. So it doesn’t hurt to be sure. For after her visit to his monument and tomb she has a lofty view of the Anubite. And buying related merchandise at the gift shop may or may not have put her on the path to hold some ‘bias’ for the anubite.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum