Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 4 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:27 am
The High Lord was not surprised he had an easy time piercing into her soul with so simple a technique, a small trance. For somebody like him, that was very much the norm, a testament to his own abilities and understanding of his responsibilities as one who needed to understand all affairs of the soul. What did surprise him was just what the depths he saw revealed. The dark wasteland he bore witness to was not at all expected by him based on what he saw on the outside, peaking his interest. There were things in here he would need to look into.

Instead, he was interrupted, giving the High Lord some irritation. The soul of the Amziel King was recognized all too quickly for the preference of Sethus, and it did not interest him. He knew this type of soul, he had already known and dealt with many before. Such a flame was bright, hard to miss, and blinding. Most importantly however, it got in the way. The Universe saw this type of soul plenty before, and it would continue to see them. That was not what the great Rwim cared about. Anybody could see that, and that made it a force that only got in the way of discovering the depths of darkness, where true danger lurked. As far as Sethus was concerned, he only stood in the way of helping. But, while he could certainly force his way through, he did not. A good High Lord didn't need force for this, and fighting Goljamush would be a waste. There were other ways to get what he wanted without removing him directly, and so he simply withdrew to reality instead himself.

Kamilah smiled at the responses, clasping her hands together, "Excellent! Then we haven't lost our edge just yet as an Empire, quite nice to hear. But you're right! We should move out. This palace of a Great Lord certainly has more fitting rooms for a meeting such as this. Tarset can show us, as this is her property!" As the Third Princess gestured to the lord, Goljamush would realize this was more pressing to them than he would have initially realized. As he attempted to throw up his guard around Heulyn and shroud her soul, he would find the sheet suddenly ripped away. Not by any of the living, but he could see the torches flicker in what seemed like anger at his actions. One could swear the names written into the walls rumbled too. In this chamber, the matter of the soul was not something that could be shrouded, this was a place where things were laid bare. To try and hide from the gaze of a mystic in this room was something this holy ground would not permit.

Thankfully for Goljamush however, that would not be a problem, as the High Lord did not take advantage. Instead, he simply nodded, "Yes, Kamilah is correct. We have better places. Come, let us exit this place." He turned and snapped a finger, causing the gates to once more open back into the palace. Given that the High Lord had said it, none of the Anubites wasted time in getting moving, Tarset leading the way to the nearby dining room, the long table with chairs being far more suitable to socialization. And it was out of the reach of the Ancestral Chamber, allowing the Amziel King to shield Heulyn's mind once more.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 4 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:49 pm
The air did seem alive with anger radiating from the countless spirits that reside in the stones and beyond. He sensed the spectral hands gripping at the veil he placed around Heulyn. Sensed their righteousness that seem to emit from them. Despite the otherworldly well of ancestral spirits he did something unexpected, not get angry. What’s more the veil did not budge to which the golden king withheld a sigh. He then spoke in the astral tongue for he was still a spirit. ‘So what?’ The sacred nature of this room held no importance to him. Holiness bore no value to he, a plaything of the gods. Said gods who at one time tried to kill him, kill his only friend afterwards, sent down the Bull of Heaven, and caused other troubles in his life. His hatred of the gods marked the beginning of the era where Amzielean and gods would part ways for thousands of years. He led his civilization so that they may oppose the gods. Prove that mortals don’t need the help of the divine. Not even the god of malevolence, All the World's Evil could even digest his soul and would’ve needed three times that if it wanted to stain him.  

It was this same pride and ego that he was able to hold off the collective spirits with seemly no issue. As much the spirits annoyed him he has no intention to fight. For there was no purpose and as Sethus thought, a fight would be a waste. As he had made a statement with rejecting the High-Lord he makes another statement to the spirits. ‘Let it be known, I lower it down because I permitted it’ With those astral words he did as what he decreed. The wall was lifted from Heulyn which won’t even return when they leave the room, for he did not do it out of protecting his master. Upon exiting the room he sheds off his Golden Armor. The armaments dispersing into mana particles to reveal his usual king’s attire underneath. The change in presence was very drastic compared to before. No longer was he radiating like the star or teeming with self-importance. Even Heulyn noticed the loss of density when she found herself able to breathe a bit better from not having to supply so much mana as before. While still strong in his own right, it was still an act to more openly show that he does not seek to fight.

Over to Heulyn she stuck near Tarset with with the bottles under one arm. If there is planned seating she will take what she is directed to. Otherwise she will want to sit next to Tarset. Goljamush will also take a seat at the table. Once all are seated he was the first to speak. “As offered I can bring out drinks for all of us out of my personal treasury. Of course I must bring up if there is a protocol for a guest to gift drinks?” In some cultures he can recall there are cupbearers and wine tasters who test consumables before their liege can have it. It makes perfect sense as it’s common logic to ensure safety.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:22 pm
The statement made by the Amziel King via this action did reach the Ancestral Spirits, as well as the living Anubites. The spirits grumbled as he left, but they did not do anything besides that. His point was well made, even if it was done in a very disrespectful and arrogant manner. The Anubites present were more weirded out by his sudden removal of the armor, as they did not see the point of it for the most part, Tarset averting her gaze out of embarrassment and Ipwet raising an eyebrow before shrugging. Kamilah wasn't bothered however, just amused and throwing a slight smirk at the reveal before continuing on her way. Sethus however was the one who understood, just giving a nod in understanding. He got the message better than the rest, and of course quite agreed with the sentiment.

There was no special seating arrangements, for the most part, at this long table. Allowing Tarset and Heulyn to sit by eachother, and Ipwet sat next to Tarset. The only requirement was that the High Lord sat at the table's front, as the leader of the gathering. In all things he was lord here, after all, and even minor things like seating had to show it. Kamilah simply sat next to her brother. Sethus looked to Goljamush and spoke simply, "Generally, the host is who offers drinks, as is usual. But when one guest does offer, it is natural for it to be tested by servants first, and then poured by those same servants. That can be easily done." As the High Lord finished, a pair of Anubite servants entered the room, so they could handle the checking and of course distribution of any drinks.  The High Lord then continued, "As that occurs, let us continue speaking. With the information presented to me at current, I intend to have the Anubite Empire descend upon Angelarium, and scour it clean. I will hunt down all the criminals related to this Mage's Association, continue the investigation of this new form of spirit magic, and... To follow up on Lady Kissa's new information and suggestions. A little connection with a group of people called Welkin. What does that name mean to the two of you?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:28 am
Out of all the reactions she saw from the Anubites she found Tarset a bit cute in an innocent way. As she reminded her of herself when she was not used to powerful spirits disrobing before her, especially Goljamush for he is utterly shameless in how he may appear. Boy those were some interesting times. Reminiscing somewhat she would indeed sit next to Tarset. Settling in she would catch the golden king giving a nod in understanding. A golden haze would appear on the surface closest to the servants. Rising from it is a golden urn set with jewels. Beside it is a small set of golden cup. The haze faded away when it all rose out of it. When the servants would go test it they could instantly smell the rich bouquet rising from the liquid. It's rising fumes seemingly wipe their palate clean. If they taste it, an incredible flavor will wash over their tongues, rich and full-bodied. It would be like nothing they had ever drunk before. Almost certain that there was nothing that they would ever drink that could rival the intense flavor of the wine before them. More than that, their seemed to tingle with elation as the wine seeped through their system. It was certainly not poisonous but one thing's for sure, the Wine is one of if not one the most high quality wine in the galaxy.

Back to the table, Heulyn and Goljamush both gave different reactions. First the golden king gave somewhat of a disdainful expression. “Hoh so this Lady Kissa met the Welkin? Please do excuse my enthusiasm.” His velvet voice dripped with sarcasm. “Back in my time period the Welkin were known as gods. My birth marked the era where the gods and Amizelean part ways. And I built a long lasting civilization that would oppose them. I will spare you of my life tale and say I despise them. Now with CSO, due to being trapped outside of the time axis and due to the nature of the throne (Where I and other spirits are summoned from) also reside outside the time axis. From my understanding, Heulyn and another Master manage to contract with different ‘Divine Spirits’ but all were from a time before they became universally known as Welkin. The reason how I know of the term is due to my clairvoyance.” He explained to the High-Lord. Meanwhile Heulyn was both surprise and escastic. Having difficulty trying to put it in words momentarily before managing to pull herself together. “I never heard the term before but we’ve met divine spirits.” She managed to find her voice.

Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:57 am
The servants, being professionals, tested the drink first with a small tool meant to quickly check for any signs of poisons. It just involved dipping a little utensil into the liquid, and then checking a screen. Once that panned out, they then did the taste test. They were very much impressed by the taste, and enjoyed the little sample they allowed for themselves. They got to truly enjoy the feeling for a bit too, as they waited a bit first before actually preparing to pour the drinks out. The small wait was in case any poison was delayed, but with fears abated they got to pouring the drinks into the cups, and then handing the cups out to all present at the table, placing them down in front. They then stood by to pour refills whenever requested.

Sethus simply gave a nod in affirmation to Goljamush, "Yes, Lady Kissa's report mentions that they were considered gods for quite a while, even by themselves. Apparently that particular belief is dying down now, though not entirely, but I will take your words into consideration for further dealings with their own civilization. Lady Kissa said a few other things of note, but I will leave those for later." He then turned to Heulyn, nodding again, "So you have met some in your workings with spirits? Interesting. Lady Kissa returned a rather large deal of literature relating to them, so perhaps you can look in that for any of the divine spirits you may have interacted with yourself. Though, for that matter, I am curious on one thing between you two. How did you meet? Was it a specific summoning, or something else? And, after that, how intertwined are your souls? I can see that you are not quite as independent as Anubite spirits are, so there must be a greater deal of rules to your style. I would like to clear that up before going further. Although these additional rules in a more primitive form of spiritual inquiry are amusing, I must admit. It is a quaint combination of brute force and actual expertise."

Lady Tarset leaned in to whisper to Heulyn in private, speaking lowly so only she could hear, "It's not common for the High Lord to take personal interest in people like this, so I'm sure he's just testing you. Don't get too worried."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:57 pm
“I did always dream of the day that they would finally admit their own uselessness.” He spoke with a grin. Further establishing the disdain he held towards these Welkin. While the High-Lord switch target he took a moment to attend to his freshly poured wine. Feeling pleased with himself when he caught the servants enjoying it earlier. Whether it be swords or wine he only holds the best in his treasury and he took pride in that fact. He took a sip of the wine, savoring the rich liquid running down his throat. His eyes lit with subtle amusement when he hears the questions. Because it reminds him of Ishnar during that whole adventure. Oh how laughable she was. Truly one of the highlights during the whole event. As he recalled those days he took another drink of his wine.

Heulyn amber eyes lit up with genuine elation. “I would be happy to.” She responded to the offer with interest before calming herself down to explain his latter inquiry. Giving a nod to his assumption of the complexity. “The Angelarium Branch of Servant Summoning is quite advanced. From what I heard from other Servants the general structure is the same in Auinozoaun only with much more refinement around the edges. Heroic Spirits are indeed different than natural spirits like elementals and wraiths. Heroic Spirits are made up of those who truly existed, those only from legends, and those who were never observed at all. Those who existed had belief of their deeds gathered upon their deaths and were sublimated into beings of higher rank, while those who only existed in myths and legends were born from the gathering of those beliefs even if they didn't exist. Those who were not observed are those who made a contract of some sort with the World during their lives and subsequently became Heroic Spirits and Counter Guardians respectively after their deaths as compensation. The phenomenon applies to any human, animal, or machine that has left behind great achievements, but weapons becoming Heroic Spirits from being worshipped as the ‘greatest weapon of that era’ must harbor a soul to achieve such a status.”

She took a pause to take a drink of her wine. Letting the soothing aroma fill her nose. The sensual stimuli reinvigorating her to a degree.”Ah, as I was saying. Each Heroic Spirit is a unique existence, ‘the one and only’, who each stood out from the others of their time by performing deeds and possessing qualities that no other possessed. Heroic Spirits are most normally summoned by the World as a power that protects the world inhabitants, so they cannot be controlled by them without something like the Holy Grail or a similar kind of power to summon them. Only the World itself can summon the "main body" of Heroic Spirits, so inhabitants can only summon emanations of the heroes, such as through the Servant system, even with something like a Holy Grail. The souls of the emanations, their information, then returns to the main body upon the death of emanation, and the main body is able to know about the actions of the emanations as records, as if they are reading books. As beings outside of time, they can be summoned to any era regardless of the notions of past and future, even if summoned to when their mortal selves have yet to die or when they have yet to be born.” Heulyn was glad to be able to drink the wine. Her throat was still tired from the last explanation.

With that thought she continued what she was saying. “Heroic Spirits will most often take the form that represents their golden age at the prime of their lives, but effects like those of a strong curse or a personal attachment to the form can change that to even themselves from just before death. They are in nature, crystalized forms of their legends. One Servant can be based on the unattained wish of their mortal self. Another could be based on an abstract concept such as children folklore.” Feeling she gave a good run down she turned her attention to Goljamush. “King Goljamush here is from the oldest myth in Amzielean and possibly the whole of Auinozoaun, the Epic of Goljamush. He can be summoned as either his child self,  tyrant king before his quest for immortality or the wise king of Kuru who returned from the failed quest. Three shards of a greater whole. For this King Goljamush here he has access to all those shards due to having attained Memorial Essences. Which are formed when a duplicate servant arrives from summoning. Instead of manifesting as another copy, it collapses into a Memorial Essence that can be absorbed by the specific servant. Now for how I met him, the first time was coming across his mortal self when he was the wise king during a singularity that led me to his kingdom. Afterwards we have managed to summon the king we helped and later down the line summoned his other selves that collapsed into Essences that he took into him. Spiritually we are not too intertwined but there is a sub branch of summoning that does but I have no training in that method.” Given there was no need for her to take an active role in combat when her place was in a safe place. To her it was both a blessing and a curse. Amziel is a compassionate creature, when they see others in pain they have the instinct to aid them in the heat of the moment.

“However Masters and Servants do share a deep mental connection, it has been observed that both can see visions of each other's pasts in the form of dreams. While Servants do not need to sleep and do not have the capacity to dream even if they force themselves to do so for the purpose of saving energy, Servants can see the pasts of Masters as dreams as well. The viewers sometimes only realize the dreams' nature after waking and are sometimes conscious of themselves within the dreams, but are unable to reject them even if it means intruding on the mind of the other. This led to quite a few dream adventures for me and another friend of mine in CSO. But it also led to an issue to the amount of Servants we contracted with. It became such an issue that we had one of our Servants be assigned as our Dream Guardian.” If it were not for his comforting presence in her dreams she does not think she would have lasted as long in that work environment.

As Heulyn finished to address all Sethus questions the golden king spoke up. Now appearing more relaxed in his chair that may or may not be the result of being on his second round of wine. Swishing around the wine in his cup he looked over to Heulyn. “To reel back a bit on the mention of immortality. I see you possess the mark of a soul relic.” His gaze was strange, an air of seriousness hung on him. “I wonder. Have you told them the significance of it?” He spoke calmly to her who averted her gaze away. Self-consciously putting a hand over it. The king gave a sigh as he set his cup down. “You’re not in trouble Heulyn. But that is not something to hide forever. Let me ask you this Heulyn. What do you intend to do here? In the eyes of everyone here including myself, you’re a jane doe. You possess no lineage, no nationality, no identity. Just as you came to CSO you’re once more a faceless individual when you left.” Heulyn face took a somber expression at his words but can’t disagree with them. “You have expressed interest in partaking in the training of the noble here. Already starting to make connections with individuals that the galaxy praises but what of you? Does your heart beat for the empire? Heulyn, look up. Set your gaze on the High-Lord.”  She did as she was told. Lifting her amber eyes to the great Anubite that represented everything the empire stood for.

“In the five years you worked in the CSO you have experienced lifetimes more than any normal being. You have learned what it means to fight for one's country, for one’s ideal, and for one another. See what it means to serve a purpose greater than yourself. Tell me, would you lay down your life for the High-Lord? To fight for him with complete devotion in body, mind, and spirit? Now, I’m not saying you must answer now Heulyn. I say this for you to keep it in mind if you intend to make this your permanent home. To start looking forward.” Heulyn gave a nod in understanding to the king words. “Beside. I hardly doubt this is the proper place for citizen registry. The reason I bring this up is to tell you that if you wish to serve anyone. You can’t hide significant matters. If you were in my court and I learned about this, I would have assumed that you were hiding it for some insidious plot and imprisoned you for the act of conspiracy.” Heulyn gave somewhat of a hurt look but still could not disagree with him. The king gave another sigh. “I know your nature Heulyn. He does not however. You have to express that openly if you want to show that you’re a worthy subject of the realm.” With that said he turned his attention to the High-Lord. “To build up to the subject. Have you ever heard of concept that regards the perfection of the soul?”

With the golden king changing his focus it let Heulyn to lean over to Tarset. “You don’t have to worry too much. I do have a tendency to be a source of interest for a lot of people. I’m used to it by now. But thanks for the thought.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:57 pm
Sethus listened closely to Heulyn's explanation of their particular form of spirit summoning, given that this matter was of high importance to him. It was interesting to hear about Heroic Spirits, given that they were perhaps the most similar of this system's spirits to the spirits he knew how to channel personally, yet they still had some great differences from what he knew and did. Particularly the qualifiers, though to him that just reeked of misunderstanding by what he knew of the trade. As for the part on time, he felt that to be superfluous, and did feel there was likely more there to look into. What took his interest the most was the mental connection, since that was the most telling to him, and required the most investigation of any aspect here. Such a deep connection that reached even into dreams, that meant something notable. He decided he would look into that personally, but not now.

What came after however was rather amusing to Sethus. He wasn't expecting a small lecture on citizenship, but it was indeed an important thing to think about when deciding whether to keep secrets or to get honest. All the same, it was amusing to him, and a small grin actually appeared on the Anubite's face as he watched the slideshow of emotions on Heulyn's face for a moment before it faded away once more. He gave an affirmative nod, "Indeed, matters of citizenship are meant for the Domestic Office of the Empire, as well as that of Iammelon as a whole. The two are rather interlinked. But that is a matter for another time. You need not concern yourself with fully dedicating yourself to my Empire just yet, Heulyn. Dedication is something better grown than forced from nowhere. All the same, I will want to know about this Soul Relic in good time, when you are ready. Based on what I've seen, I believe I can provide assistance to you personally, if only you are willing to open up to it." He then turned back to the King, "Now, perfecting the soul? Yes, I've heard of it a good deal. We Anubites focus on perfecting our soul via balancing, solidifying our spiritual connections, giving it strength to last for channeling upon death, and so on. I can tell your concept is different however, so what would you mean in this case?"

Tarset leaned back after the explanation and Heulyn's own response, "Seems to have kept up! But if you ever feel like you're getting too much attention, just give me a poke, and I'll draw it away. Don't want you to be too concerned with kneeling before the High Lord so quickly!"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:10 am
Goljamush gave a nod before taking a sip of his wine. “The High Lord speaks true Heulyn. I think no, I know you finally deserve the freedom to dedicate to something without being thrust upon you. The latter is why I’m bringing up your soul relic.” While Heulyn was nervous about what he was about to tread into she still felt grateful to the two rulers for giving her that right. The King's eyes turn to meet Sethus. “In practice they share similarities but instead of balancing the soul it’s growing it. When Tiamat arrived to Angelarium so did the knowledge of Taikyoku, it is the beginning of all things, the root, original/first beginning, or beginning of all beginnings. Taikyoku is even the source of yin and yang. Taikyoku is the "Supreme Ultimate" state of limitless potential, the oneness before duality, all who have reached Atziluth have taikyoku. As expected when something sounded this good to a young race struggling to survive they latched on to it in hopes of reaching it. Their desperation and lust corrupted them, devolving to commit any form of act in hopes of attaining it. This is partly the main drive behind many of their crimes. Long periods of crusades and holy wars called the Taikyoku Schism occurred within the last two millennia. The conflict have led to shaping the theosophical nature of Amziel society for generations to come. All the while failing to grasp that their ‘knowledge’ is incomplete and fragmented. Resulting in thousands if not millions dying in countless experimentations due to their utter ignorance. Forcing the unfortunates to go through a magic formula with the success rate of eight hundred millionths of a percent. Failure is lethal. the end, I suppose they are a macabre parody of the Anubites.” He set his wine down to turn his gaze to Heulyn who refuse to make eye contact. The tension between the two was apparent. He went to speak but was cut off by Heulyn.

“I didn’t ask for it!” Her flash of anger was quickly replaced with embarrassment for having snapped at Goljamush. “I-I’m sorry I didn’t-“ Her guilt ridden voice was halted by the raised hand of the king. “I’m aware. Which is why I ask you this. Do you wish for me to relieve you of your burden. To usher you into a deep slumber?” The foreboding words made the hairs on Heulyn neck to stand up. Shock clearly evident in her eyes. “What?” Her voice was very small at that moment to the stone face king who then shook his head. “I see that you hold value for your life. That despite what had happened, despite having no attachments to the world, you have found a reason to stay. But heed my words Heulyn, you need to remember this if you wish to walk into the future. Regardless of any system, immortality does not and cannot exist within the world of the mundane. Whether it be mundane history, the planet they reside upon, the stars above, and even the heavens, all of it reaches a conclusion eventually. Therefore the mundane intrinsic view to persevere one's being is inherently wrong, but rather it is correct to chase one's vices and drives, to expend one's efforts and desires to their fullest, to write and create that which holds a value against all odds, one which may perhaps reach the end of the heavens themselves. Prove your worth with your future feats and accomplishments. When all illusions of immortality are stripped away, there is only the act to maintain the freedom to act.” He finished his lecture to Heulyn who had then recovered from shock. It was not the first and certainly won’t be the last she’ll be greeted with potential death. Having difficulty to bring up any words she gave a nod in contemplation.

With the tension gone they both tended to their wine once more. “There’s one more matter that I must pry into. A soul relic is created by huge amount of concentration into a single thought and/or wish. Like compressing coal into diamonds you compress your desire enough that it undergoes a crystallization into a soul relic. So let me ask you this small thing. What is the desire that your soul relic is founded on?” His question was met with stark seconds of silence. For it was a tough question for Heulyn to approach. It was done during her darkest hour and it brought her back to that moment. In the same small voice she finally responded to Goljamush. “I wanted to remember why I want to survive. I had...a hard time thinking. And I just wanted to remember why.” Goljamush did not press further. Instead giving her a nod of approval. “That’ll all be what I’ll press for now. You have now have the freedom to dictate your life as you please.”

Heulyn look up to Goljamush with unsure eyes. “I don’t know how.” She was used to adapting to everything thrown her way and working with it. To stand on her own and to be able to choose was an alien concept. The king look to her face before speaking. “As stated, you have connections know. You’re no longer alone. Don’t be hesitant to rely on another for help. I’m sure many here will aid you in one way or another.” Heulyn gave a meek nod in understanding to his words. “On a similar note. Don’t feel like a burden. That’s a bad habit of yours. I do advise you in opening up to the High Lord assistance. Knowledgeable I may be in many things, he’s clearly much more well versed with manipulation of spiritual energies than I am.” The admittance of difference in skill was a minor surprise to Heulyn but did not let it distract her of the main reason of his words. “I...think I understand your words. Thank you.” With those words said she gave a soft sigh. Taking a sip of her drink she realizes that she too finish her first cup and requested for a refill.

In the meanwhile she twists her head to look to Tarset. Heulyn was a bit gloomy at the moment. It was obvious that many things were resting on her mind. “I appreciate the sentiment.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:29 pm
The High Lord found this discourse between "Master" and "Servant" to be very interesting, given that he could tell where the power lied in this particular relationship. The names weren't quite proper, or perhaps that was an intentional irony. He did find Heulyn's snap of anger to be of note however, and the discussion of her own desire to avoid death, yet apparently not the first time she had confronted death. To an Anubite, that was interesting. They scraped with death constantly, and Sethus was perhaps the most intertwined with it of his species. As such, there was no shock to him, it was not something that came up to him, and this was a reminder that this wasn't the case for all peoples.

Regardless the Soul Relic was also of interest to him, and Sethus suddenly tapped his channeling staff against the floor. This was a mark of the High Lord making an announcement, a small message to tell all present to pay attention and listen closely. His eyes looked to Ipwet, "I have decided on my course of action. Lady-Lord Ipwet, you will deploy to Angelarium with your family's specialists and Anubite Imperial Army forces, and you will begin the process of cracking down on this Mage Association's antics. Use whatever means you need to start collecting information, begin preliminary investigations, and establish the Anubite Empire's presence on the planet nice and clearly. You will be presented with any information that is relevant to the case in due time. Go, and begin the setup." With that, Ipwet got out of her chair and bowed deeply to Sethus, "As you wish, High Lord. I will be in contact for further information and orders." She departed soon after.

The gaze of Sethus then fell upon Heulyn, and he narrowed his eyes, "As for you, Heulyn, we are going to resolve this, and I am going to offer my assistance now. While I do not believe in rushing any sort of citizenship inquiry or any other such business, I am very interested in this Soul Relic, which appears to need addressing as soon as possible. With your consent, I would like to utilize the same technique I used upon our first moments of meeting. A small hypnotic trance to allow me access to your soul and mindscape. I do promise not to do any damage, and to simply try and help you with this remembering that you mention wanting. Will you comply?" While it was said like an order, as that seemed to be the High Lord's default tone, it was in fact a request. It could be told by his eyes being softer that it was in fact possible to deny him here.

Meanwhile, Tarset had already ordered the refill and slid Heulyn a full glass. She didn't say anything more, she simply gave Heulyn a smile and a silent nod while sliding her the drink.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:55 am
Heulyn took a second to think before speaking. Her amber eyes meeting the gaze of the High Lord. She didn’t want to be a burden. A dead weight that doesn’t attribute to anything in life. Within her was the desire to see color again in the world. To obtain clarity on that reason so long ago. “I accept High-Lord.” She spoke to Sethus in a certain tone. Missing the brief glance of suspicion that Goljamush sent her way. Too distracted by the High-Lord in front of him. Hoping for him to tend to the void inside of her. Surely someone of Sethus caliber is capable of just that. She heard the clink of a cup nearby. Turning a bit she saw that Goljamush finished his second cup. The king twist his head to meet her gaze. “Don’t fret much Heulyn, we’ll get to the bottom of this.” He spoke in reference to the mental connection that he’ll use to work alongside Sethus. Heulyn gave a small smile at him.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:58 pm
Sethus looked straight back at her, noting her seeming certainty. He did not fail to notice Goljamush's suspicion, and that was something he did have to take into account. But whether or not the Amziel King quite believed Heulyn was actually ready, the High Lord got his acceptance, and so it was time to make use of it. He nodded, "Then I will see to it. We will do it now then, I see no reason to waste time. Though I suppose we can wait a bit, in case either of you have concerns, or questions you wish to ask. Speak them now, while you have the chance. In the meanwhile, Tarset please go prepare a room for Heulyn to lay down in. This may take a while, and using a dining room chair is not quite enough." The Lady Lord stood up and nodded, giving a little wave to Heulyn before departing towards the bedrooms.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:22 pm
Goljamush did not seem to have anything to bring up at the moment. Creating golden gates to store away his urn and cups back into his treasury he stood up from the table. Meanwhile Heulyn return Tarset gesture with a wave of her own before she too stood up from her seat. She appeared willing to start this right away. From a certain angle she almost appears eager even. Almost masked by her apparent nervousness on her features. Her attention was caught by Goljamush speaking to her. "Heulyn. While your is doing that why don't you go on ahead and get into more befitting attire." Heulyn took a glance to her formal attire and figured he was right in that regard. It was the first clothes she ever gotten thus she felt the need to take care of them. Giving a nod in understanding she went to leave the room to go change. Leaving the King with the High Lord. The former turn his head to face the Anubite at the head of the table. "I request your opinion High-Lord. Is Heulyn behaving like someone who been subjected to prolonged torture?"
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:37 pm
Sethus nodded his head to Heulyn and waved her to go, "Change as you like. If you need any new clothes, just ask some of the servants, and they can provide some. There is plenty in this palace for use." Once she left, he then turned his attention to Goljamush, and considered his question for a moment. And then, he finally nodded, "Yes. She behaves as somebody who has experienced a great deal of suffering and is attempting to move past it, and yet holds on to the pain all the same. It is a life of contradiction. I believe it is referred to as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Even if the physical form is unharmed, the mind and soul can be scarred all the same. That is why she has moments of snapping and sadness, and tries to hide it. To hide it is to try and move past it in her mind, I can see, yet in reality it simply entrenches the pain deeper. It takes a great deal of effort to get past these scars, but effort means confronting it. People do not like confronting bad things, for it reminds them of the torture in detail. Do you see the same?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:07 pm
"I do indeed see the same. The reason behind my inquiry is that while there is credible symptoms, something does not sit right with me. Granted everyone's coping with PTSD is different. PTSD can last a very long time, perhaps the remainder of one’s life. Most people with longstanding PTSD find that the symptoms are not steady in their severity. For some people, PTSD symptoms gradually fade over time. Other people find that symptoms may increase when they encounter reminders of their traumatic events. Anniversaries of the event, for example, are commonly difficult times. From what I've gathered so far, there's a year where she most likely been in some form of rehab but despite how good her caretakers were. I don't feel a year is enough for her to be this mentally stable. This is part of the reason I held you at bay back there. Because at first, I didn't recognize her soul because something was off about it. Thus considering the nature of the Magi I had the thought that they did something that requires a more controlled approach. When we sat down and had our drinks. I payed closer attention to her and found inconsistency in her behavior. When I talked to her directly about the event, beside the snap of anger she showed none of the avoidance symptoms that is commonly related with PTSD. Her reaction was very weak compared to how it could have been.The next clue was her soul relic, that alone is surrounded by questions. Lastly her eagerness to open up to you." He explains to the High Lore. "One thing is for certain. There's a lot to find out in Heulyn. It goes without saying that we need to be cautious when in her mind." With that said he would wait for Sethus to take the lead and head to the room that was being prepared.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:20 pm
High Lord Sethus nodded in understanding to Goljamush, "Yes, I understood your reasoning for preventing me from going deeper in that first moment. There was something very much off, I could tell. There is much work to do. Perhaps she is simply so eager to get help because it is piling up, and she wants it dealt with finally now that she has the chance? It is hard to say. All I know is that I steel myself for whatever I see within her mind, and handle it when it comes. Now, let us go. Heulyn and Tarset should be set up by now. Kamilah! Go and handle the duties of the royal family. This may take a while, and so you shall direct in my stead." With that, he turned to leave, with the Third Princess making a grin and nodding her head, leaving in another direction.

Meanwhile, in the guest room, Tarset had made the bed and set up a number of chairs near the bed for the bodies of the soon to arrive spiritual therapists. Almas had decided to take one of those seats for herself, laying down to watch the gathering the poor feline didn't quite understand, but didn't really care for the details of anyways. Tarset had taken great care to provide nice cushions for the care and comfy pillows for the bed. He clapped her hands upon finishing, quite satisfied with her small bit of work. Heulyn was directed to lay down upon the bed, so when Sethus entered he could sit down on one of the chairs, and speak instructions, "Relax upon the bed, Heulyn. And then, look into my eyes. Ease your tensions and fall deep, and allow me entry. Give trust, and let me delve into your mind and soul. Open the fortress of your very being to me." The High Lord of course supported that by activating his little technique from before again, his eyes becoming as deep as the ocean. So very easy to be drowned in.

Tarset looked to Goljamush, directing him towards the seat next to Sethus, "Simply sit there. Keep yourself close at hand to help the High Lord. I will keep an eye on the physical bodies, so no worries! I'll make sure nothing happens and everyone stays healthy. Just focus on the matters of the soul."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:39 pm
The king of gold gave a simple nod in contemplation. There were many things to unravel but it was always important to steel oneself before stepping into the souls marred with tragedy. Otherwise their black flames of grudge and vengeance might consume the invitee if they let their guard down. All his worries about her mental state aside. The main thing he did not tell the High Lord of why he stopped him was the concern of what she may become to him. It’s not that far of a stretch to see her as a valuable asset. He certainly would if she was in his court back when he was alive. So he wondered what might become of the young Amziel if the Anubite deems value in her. For as he stated before to Heulyn that she has nothing to her name. Tch how troublesome. But not unexpected from such a foolish master as herself. With this in mind he strode with the High Lord to the room that was being set up.

Upon entering he saw Heulyn, now garb in a white silk nightgown, on the bed as directed by the High-Lord. Her fiery hair splayed across the velvet pillow casing. For a brief moment he let his mind wonder in musing of how many times Heulyn was in this similar scenario. Laying down on a bed to be tended to by doctors both good and evil. Back in CSO she always came back from a mission with some manner of injury. As if by some morbid humor of the gods they granted her the right to attain her soul relic so that she may head back into the fray faster than before. Otherwise she would have had a very short life much like the flame that she was. Those who burn bright, ends the fastest. Perhaps her developing immortality will actually make her slow down. Hah. Such a humorous thought that he found himself foolish to even think that she has the capability to do that. Whatever her dream may be, she’ll toil towards the horizon for as long her eternal heart may beat.

As advised he sat down on the seat near the High-Lord. “Very well Tarset. I shall leave you to watch over the mundane. But before that there is something I must bestow you with.” A golden haze came into existence on the floor next to Tarset. Erecting from the golden gate was a monster-killing holy sword with a special shape similar to a scythe, having the cutting edge on the inside of the blade. “I’ll entrust you with this treasure as an absolute last resort, Harpe. If by some unfortunate stroke of fate if doom were to befell on us and possibly the waking world. Than use this to strike her down if all your contingency plans fail. It isn't actually an outstanding blade by itself. Its true strength is its trait of Refraction of Longevity, which is a divine ability that nullifies the ‘undying attribute’ of immortals.”

He then paused to give a sigh. “I don’t expect you to have the will to use it. I can tell your reign is short, not yet used to making hard decisions to ensure the safety of your subjects. It may not yet be now but there’ll be times where you have to harden your heart to decide the future. Pitifully if Heulyn had a say in this she would have told you to use Harpe first. She always did value others before her. Such foolishness. You’ll need good therapists to tend to her mind.” With that said he dematerialized into his spiritual body. Servants are beings able to switch between a Spiritual Body and Material Body at will. Their upkeep cost is low when not materialized, so many Masters prefer them to stay in spirit form when they are not fighting or doing other tasks that require them to be in physical form to lower the cost on themselves. Given Goljamush has no need to remain materialized he shifted into his spirit form to lessen the strain on Heulyn and himself. Of course since Tarset has the natural trait of seeing spirits he did not seem to have changed at all.

While this went on the High-Lord found himself ‘floating’ into the mind of Heulyn. Once again standing on the amber cliffs to look down at the great depths into her soul. He would again descend into said darkness but met with a different stimulation to his sensations. The darkness slowly part from his eyes as a cold breeze rasp against his fur. His vision slowly coming to him. First he could see whiteness than light snowflakes drifting from the sky. Snow crunches beneath his feet. Natural light peak between the walls of ice to reveal that he was in a ice cave. He could already tell that there was something odd about this from how the cold air fills his lungs.

Usually ones senses are dull when the mind is sleeping. In the nature of the mind it  has been proposed that dreams may be a side-effect of the brain reorganising information, so-called memory consolidation. The information with the most complex structure, and therefore in the most need of reorganising, would be visual and spatial, along with language (auditory), and knowledge of facts, events, meaning, and human relationships. Smell and taste, on the other hand, barely interact with the cerebral cortex. Smell is regarded as possibly the most primitive perceptual system in the brain. Unlike the other senses, it connects directly into the memory and emotional systems, which is why a smell can bring back a memory so vividly. However here it appears as if all five of his senses are behaving as they would in the waking world. It was hard to say whether this is a very vivid memory or a realistic dreamscape. Perhaps a blend of both. For even his spatial sense would feel stable unlike the typical transient nature of a mindscape.

“Hey High-Lord, over here!” A young voice cut through the tranquil silence of the scenery. Nearby he could see what looks to be a younger version of Goljamush waving to him with a smile on his face. Flipping off the large boulder he was previously sitting on he went up to greet the anubite. “Hi! You may refer to me as Gol. I’m the younger shard of adult me outside. He sent me here to help you out while he watches over the spiritual side of things. Anyhow, it's nice to meet you mister. I haven't been here long. Did some exploring and from what I can tell this is a very big place for a cognitive representation of the mind. Considering the environment, this is most likely the outskirts of Heulyn’s mind. In reality the CSO compound was built in the south pole in the arctic mountains. So if I were to make a guess, the CSO building is her mental image for ‘home’. A fitting place to find out about anything, but of course there is also the outskirts to explore. I did notice a few strange things when I peeked outside that is worth checking out if your interested.” Gol was very much more vibrant and polite compared to his older self.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:03 pm
Tarset took the holy weapon in her hands, rather surprised to be given this. She wasn't exactly a warrior, and so she wasn't too great at wielding it, not quite sure how to handle this scythe like blade. But she gripped it tightly, and silently nodded. She knew he was all too right that she hadn't yet hardened her heart to make the tough choices, as shown by her inherent reluctance to hold this last resort. With Harpe in hand she sighed, sitting down in another chair to watch how this went. She placed the weapon at her side, holding it with one hand while the other hand stroked the fluffy head of Almas. She turned to the feline, and spoke, "I really hope I don't have to use this. I'm not sure if I could, it was too true that I don't have the stomach... I'm not a very good Lady-Lord, am I Almas?" The only response she got was a little purr, given that Almas was mostly focused on the nice strokes on her fur. That raised Tarset's spirits a bit, giving her a small smile, "Well, at least you trust me. All the same, I guess I just have to trust in the High Lord and Heulyn to solve this. And the King fellow too, I suppose."  

Sethus meanwhile, within the dreamscape, looked around at his new surroundings. The cold did not disturb him, this is what his fur was meant for. The oddity to his spiritual senses was what counted, it was quite real, all of this. The Anubite leaned down and picked up some snow into his hand, crushing it in his palm to feel the sensation of cold snow and sighing. He had a feeling this was not a memory in the direct sense, but rather a more symbolic representation of how this memory was perceived by the mind he was within. Memory and emotion were finicky like that, truth never did intersect all too well with how what one remembers effects their true feelings. An emotional truth and a factual truth, melded together. That s why he felt there was smell, but he would find out the new truth himself.

The voice of the young Amziel drew the High Lord out of his thoughts, making him to turn to look upon the source. Sethus couldn't say he had expected a younger version to be the one accompanying him, an oddity but he supposed it made some sense. So, he simply nodded, "Splitting your psyche, are we? Not exactly a good idea when delving into the mind of another, you can very well lose a piece of yourself like that. But I will trust that you are aware of that risk as is, and not provide further critique. Now then, Gol, if you are right, then we head deeper. This problem is not an outskirts issue, if this Soul Relic is correct in its purpose then it hides in the depths. Show me to this building. You'll have to explain what CSO means, however, I don't recognize the acronym, but we can speak on the way. Let's not dawdle here any longer." He did note the change in demeanor, but he wasn't surprised. Arrogance was not often something one was born with when it had a reason for existing, as that reason had to be crafted, and for a King that was almost certainly made during one's reign.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:09 pm
“Hehehe you’re quite right High-Lord. To have a divided mind is to leave potential openings. Thankfully we’re so fundamentally different that we act with our own separate, personal agency. He cannot perceive the memories of me despite an otherwise flawless memory and I’m the same in return. To the point of very well may have stopped his growth, or even committed suicide, had I known how my adulthood-self would act when we were alive. But enough of that, we’re not here for me. I’ll take responsibility for any trouble that may occur because of my actions.” His response was candid to Sethus. Aware of the potential risks that may occur. He then gave a nod to his inquiry. “Given where we are venturing into I suppose there is a lot I’ll have to explain. Especially when we come across anything abstract and/or metaphorical. To start things off CSO is an acronym for Chaulkuau Security Organization. A secret agency founded with the purpose of protecting the temporal history of Amzielean due to the premature execution of the terraforming program that led to the gloomy state of Angelarium. Creating anomalies in the process. But unknown to them it was not occurring on Angelarium. One of the Auinozoaun Rememts, Solgaleo led to its creation. For the most part it has a degree of autonomous but overall relies on funding from both the Mage’s Association and Outremer. It did get close to independency but ultimately too late to stop from the other powers from dismantling it. Long story short, Heulyn worked there for five years. She has been through many adventures so no doubt we’ll have to unravel many layers of her psyche to get to the truth of the Soul Relic.” Beaming a smile in confidence he proceeds to lead Sethus out of the cave. A bit uneven but nothing troublesome. Coming out between two slabs of ice they would come out into the winter wonderland before them.

Upon exiting Sethus would instantly see many phantoms scattered across the landscape. Oddity was found in how their ethereal forms don’t seem to shift as if they were frozen in place. All with varying height and thickness. Nothing could be felt from them as if they were nothing more than shadows. “These are the things I found earlier. Tried interacting them with some trinkets in my treasury but got no response out of them. My best guess is that they could be some mental representation like say ghosts of the past or something along that nature. What do you make of them mister?” He inquires before looking around the arctic horizon. Not a cloud in the sky so he could see the white land for miles. “The geography looks familiar with some slight inconsistencies. A given since I don’t recall her ever venturing around the tundra so there’s probably some fictional patches to fill in the empty spots in the memory of the land.” He muses aloud for Sethus to hear. “It’s not too far. Granted that’s even more subjective here but I do know the location.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:06 am
"Such a splintered soul you seem to have. While fascinating, it is indeed not the subject of why we are here. I'll leave further questions on that particular matter for later, when it is a better time to ask them. For now, I see. Chaulkuau Security Organization, is it? I recognize this Solgaleo, if she was a part of it then she will have to be questioned, as she is part of the management of the Iammelonian Angelarium territories. If this CSO had a fair bit of autonomy then I can hope it is not too tainted by the barbarism of the Mage's Association, but I suppose we shall see in due time. Let's see it for ourselves." With that, he followed Gol out into the winter lands beyond the cave.

Sethus noticed the phantoms, and decided to try and investigate them further. He got a bit closer to them and tried to analyze their shapes better, see if he could try and tell if they were supposed to be figures, or lacked any true form at all. Sethus then looked to Gol and nodded, "Yes, they do seem to be specters of the past in a fashion. Let me see if I can jolt them to life, or if they are simple locked in their position." Energy crackled to life between the Anubite High Lord's fingers, as he held his hand up close to his face. Closing his eyes, then clenching his hand into a fist, sending out a wave of blue towards the phantoms. It was a simple bit of spiritual magic, a sort of magical spark to give energy to spirits, allowing them to act a bit on the borrowed power, though not enough to do more than simply show that they were in fact spirits that could act. All Sethus was doing was probing for a response, though he did not really expect one. To him, these phantoms were nothing more than small dark blots of regret, haunting this place. But it was better to check, after all far better to be safe rather than sorry.

After this, he then nodded again, "It is natural that the mind fills in the details. We do not remember perfectly anyways, and most intelligent minds strive to never have gaps in their memories. So, we fill them in with things that make sense. More snow, more trees, and so on. All of it is filler to what really matters, what is really being remembered. Which I'm guessing has something to do with the phantoms, but what is this location that you remember? Did something happen here?" He looked again to the black blots. If something had happened in this place, then he felt he was all too right that each of these was a small spirit of regret, of sorrow, of despair, of hunger or more. There were many options. These did not have to be other people, they could simply be more instances of Heulyn's own bad memories of her emotions at the time. Pain liked to manifest itself in such ways, "All the same, we must get to this CSO building. We won't get much done in the snow. So, if we're close, then let's finish this journey."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:32 am
“Chaulkuau tried to distance itself. Unfortunately barbarians stormed the keep and looted for all its worth.” Gol gave a pout as he recall those days. Meanwhile Sethus would have no luck with the strange, humanoid clouds of particles that didn’t give any reaction. He wouldn’t be able to feel anything either. The young amziel gave a nod in understanding to wanting to find the building. With nothing more needing to be said he proceed to lead Sethus once more. Cutting through a large clearing of snow that too was littered with the same phantoms. All different height and shape. “Hey I see something in the distance.” Gol stopped in his tracks and pointed to the mountain side in the distance. From what he could tell there seem to be some wispy cloud of red light drifting about on the rocks but it was too far to get a clear visual.

Last edited by Servant Eteru on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:10 am
Sethus sighed and shook his head, "Rather typical of barbarians. Good though that it means the CSO was a threat to the barbarians, and thus likely wasn't going along with their plans fully. That'll be good for what's left of them, perhaps I'll have Ipwet search for whomever remains of their numbers to act as witnesses for the inevitable trials on the Mage Association leaders." Regardless,  as the phantoms had no reaction, the High Lord was content to move on to their main objective. It was interesting to see so many more of them along the way, and he noted that. There was likely some connection there he'd make in due time. Once Gol stopped however, so did Sethus. He fixed his gaze upon the drifting red light, and squinted his eyes to try and make it out better. To assist in this, he then took out his staff, which flashed to life with the same blue energy as before, although now it gather near the tip of the staff. Bringing this tip to his face, the magic swirled and turned into a sort of small telescope, giving the High Lord better vision as he attempted to view this cloud through both his mortal eyes and this magical lens.

Last edited by Iammelon on Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:16 pm
“That is was. Chaulkuau had made steps to become wholly independent from any third party. At its height the community became self-sustainable and the divisions were working on projects to ensure its sovereignty. But as history will go to tell, they were too late. Fortunately not every staff member perish and went into hiding for years afterward. If found they would serve as a good leverage against the rest of the population.” Gol says in agreement before watching the Anubite attempt to get a closer look to the new encounter. A wispy cloud of red lights that flow and bend in more than normal dimensions. It filaments seem to flicker between different layers of reality and its interior was a distortion of red fractals that seem to continue on forever. There does not seem to be any malicious vibes coming off of it. For the most part it appears to be placid. Aimlessly floating about over the frost layered rocks along the mountainside.

Through the magical lens he would see something strange. In some way it’s a part of Heulyn soul. Not a fragment or some other odd anomaly but rather as if a clone. Nearing perfection in how identical in how similar their souls are but on the other end of the token they were noticeably different in nature. It has no apparent relation yet does seem that it’s meant to be here. Akin to a book in a library. It was hard to determine whether it’s some sort of memory or form of abstract avatar of her psyche. Or perhaps none of the above and that he was facing something he never seen before. Looking deeper with the magical lens he could similar traces of the relic energy within its makeup. Suggesting that whatever it may be it has some connection to the soul relic within Heulyn.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:47 pm
Sethus noted that bit about the CSO members having gone into hiding, as that would be for Ipwet to handle once he told her about it. For now, his focus was upon the cluster of red he now gazed into, and its strange properties. It didn't seem aggressive, so the High Lord was interested in trying to learn more about it, not to mention it could be rather important with all those strange properties to it. Figuring out that it was part of Heulyn's soul only added to the need to try and get a better grasp on it. If it had a connection to her soul relic or even just her soul in general, then it was his duty as High Lord of the Anubite Empire to investigate that spiritual matter. He wouldn't be where he was if he did not have the willingness to do such things, after all. That required getting closer however, and so he prepared his staff once more. Since it seemed to be like a cloud, he surmised he could probably use the winds to draw it closer. Thus, with a little twirl of his staff, the blue energy once more flowed through it, but this time it was more surgical. It created a form of magical wind to try and push the cloud to his position, and he spoke out, "Come, soul fragment. Come to me and allow me to gleam what is within your being. Allow me to use you to fix the host you dwell within." He then waited to see if his magical winds would work in drawing it in, preferably to an arm's reach.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:21 pm
The magical winds caught the cloud of red energy. Making it drift towards him. Now closer Sethus could tell that it was about the size of a weather balloon. The cloud fractals kept shifting and changing akin to a kaleidoscope. Given the lack of any other features it was hard to tell if it had emotions or even sentience. The latter was debunked when a sound came from it. It sounded like wind chimes clinging together to create syllables. Small lights pulsate in the crown when it makes the sound. “Strange.” It was hard to tell the context behind the word more so when the tone was flat yet light. “Carbon. Life. New.” More words came from the cloud peculiar speaking pattern. It did not made any new moments. Seemily settling in the air before the duo. “Inquiry. Identify. Carbon.” It sounded like it was asking who they were but it was difficult with the primitive way of speech. Goljamush scratch the back of his head yet still give a big smile to the cloud. “My name is Goljamush! But you may call me Gol. Do you have a name?” He said to the cloud before them who then responded in a light pitch. “Informatively. Haftfttthala.” Now with ‘Haftfttthala’ close to Sethus he could try to peer deeper into this strange soul presence in Heulyn’s mind.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:32 pm
High Lord Sethus took further interest as the red energy got closer, since the sounds marked it as something that could communicate. Even if it could not think, it clearly had a function of some sort, and that was enough to look deeper into it. Considering however that it knew they were knew and considered them strange, Sethus could reasonably assume it had some degree of intelligence. Still, he responded calmly and simply, "You may call me Sethus, I am an Anubite mystic and lord. Nice to meet you Haftfttthala. I hope you do not mind, but I am going to try and look within you." With that, he attempted to use his magic to mentally dig into the cloud, try and extract information as well as its purpose. He wanted to figure out what exactly it was and what it knew about Heulyn's mindscape.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum