Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Transient Adventures: Moonlit Snowfall [Eteru/richard] [Dropped] Empty Transient Adventures: Moonlit Snowfall [Eteru/richard] [Dropped]

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:05 pm
(Splitting off from this thread)

The confusion that rang in her voice was already enough to put him on edge. A warm rash of anxiety rush up his back. His shoulders tend. Hands tightened into fists. Body already reacting as the robot gave its cry. Muscles bunch and tendons stretch for the first time in months. No thought rang through his mind. Fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus. Blue static crackle around his form as his magic circuits burn to life. Velia could even a few glowing grid like patterns creeping up his neck. The droid could only vocalize a few syllables before the form of Albrecht crash into it. Violently jolting it back into the air from the Amziel fist reinforced in magic. The harsh impact made the old droid to break apart in the air. Showering the bottom of the stairs in it broken fragments. Scattering it finer workings all over the floor. It chest frame clatters loudly across the surface. A disk rolling out of it. Nearby the exposed voice modulator was partially cracked from the fall. Still able to emit the rest of the message before breaking down to static.

Sapphire eyes blink. Snapping out of his focus to realize what he had done. Sent an innocent droid flying down the stairs. Magic circuits cooling down he lifts his hand to rub the back of his neck. Hot with shame and embarrassment for his rash reflex. “I...I apologize for that.” He stammers out. Coming to the bottom he watches Vellia retrieve the disk that fell from the robot. Looking at the corroded machinery it was evident that he did not even needed to reinforce himself with magic. A hard push would have led to the same result. Averting his attention back to the princess he listens to her request. “Of course, I’m curious as well.” It was lest they could do for the robot. Having reached its designation after who knows how long and he struck it down without thinking. From a bitter and somber view it was a poetic canvas of his life.

Last edited by Eteru Zvonimir on Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Transient Adventures: Moonlit Snowfall [Eteru/richard] [Dropped] Empty Re: Transient Adventures: Moonlit Snowfall [Eteru/richard] [Dropped]

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:05 pm
Golden eyes slowly fill with shock with the suddenly violent actions of Albrecht, seeing his body crash into the decrepit automaton as it clattered and dustily shattered down the stairs, sending he rusted pieces scattering and attracting some of the first floor guards over to see what the disturbance was before the ancient AI delivered its final message. Gingerly she stepped down the purple and amber coloured fabric covering each carefully designed step before she was stood over the robots body, shutting down with its duty fulfilled. She knelt down, taking he disk in her small hands before peering back up the stairs to Albrecht as he so shyly apologised for his actions, she had to admit she was very taken back by his sudden violent outburst against something that could barely move without announcing its presence and age to the world, truly it was a miracle in and of itself that the AI was still operation. Still, she looked up to him and smiles sweetly, letting her ebony hair down as she stood back up. "It's quite alright... Still. It did startle me that you did that. But don't trouble yourself too much with it, you were only doing what you felt was necessary." She left out the part where they were just custodian models since the AI was too simple to properly take on warrior roles. They couldn't even fight back to save their life.

Vellia started to ascend the staircase once more to the second floor, heading for the keeps archive room where it would be easy to read this data away from prying eyes. While she was not necessarily taken notice, Albrecht may notice that the AI guards were now rather wary of him as they hurriedly picked up the pieces of the ancient droid and seemed to leave the keep with it... Strange, though maybe they thought they were just saving that robot from Albrecht's possible Automatonophobia. Certainly won't win him any favour with the Novus clan.

After climbing the stairs and moving through the short metal corridor that had several artifacts and paintings along the way before they reach a large dull silver archway that leads into a large archive room, a large donut style table with a large server core in the centre that was connected to every terminal in the room. Vellia stepped up to the table before sliding the disk into the core, a large hologramatic screen appearing as it started to decrypt the old data, the Princess seeming to be rather nervous to learn what was on the disk. "... Just thinking about it... I cannot think of a single person that would send such an outdated model to me directly..." This incident started to weigh heavily on the Princess's mind as the uncertainty was only seeming to grow along with the mounting anticipation.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Transient Adventures: Moonlit Snowfall [Eteru/richard] [Dropped] Empty Re: Transient Adventures: Moonlit Snowfall [Eteru/richard] [Dropped]

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:09 pm
The embarrassed Amziel did not dwell further on the subject. To do so was to open up and expose her to his imperfections. A blackened soul that after so much tribulations, so much loss, at the end of it all he had given up. Such failure was the greatest source of his shame. He was mortal, he knew that. Painfully aware of his flaws and misdeeds. Of the distorted mantle he has taken upon his shoulders. The shadow of death now clung tightly to his bones. The grey gore that sprawl across the floor is proof of this. A small part of him was surprised at well to his reactionary response. Not to defend or restrain, but to attack with a closed fist. Such an action would have made his younger self pause in both shock and confusion. In that light it had greatly darken his thoughts. None heavy of course. For he already rests at the bottom. Truly became the principle of the Magus. For her walks with death and sometimes, he’s death itself.

Albrecht gave a silent sight after she turned to him and went up the stairs. Now seemly more distant to his surroundings. Seemly not acknowledging even the guards as they went to clean up that he made. He glanced down to his hand that he raised to struck the robot. When was it that he had change? Was it the years of being a Grandmaster subtly grinding him down into a jaded person? Or perhaps it was that moment he took Heulyn’s place on that grim day? Or maybe he had became a sinner the moment he set foot into that first singularity. The screams of the forsaken and the misma of grudges poisoned his soul without him realizing it. No, that was wrong. His mind was trying to pin the blame on something else than himself. Trying to falsely believe that he is not at fault. And for that he felt more ashamed towards himself.

These thoughts did not linger around for long. He was not the sort to wallow in this kind of despair. For the most part he had long come to terms with it. Having accepted the fact that he was no longer a ‘good’ person that he had once envision him to be. He got his ghosts in order by the time they enter the archive. Not appearing too distant when he came to stand next to Velia. Remaining quiet for there was not much to add as all they can do now is await what comes up from the disk.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:40 pm
Velia couldn't truly tell what was going on in that head of his, even more than ever since he got his memories back Albrecht has been more and more reclusive about his feelings, while she did not mind him trying to deal with his problems himself she didn't like the fact that he fought he had to shoulder it all alone like he was. He truly blamed himself for something and she could only guess as to what... Even then it was only making her worry about him more. She had grown rather attached to the once clueless Amziel she met in the park, she did not dislike him now. Far from it, but now he seemed all too wary of getting close to her. Before she could speak to him to ask him what was wrong, the disk had finished its uploading as the archive emitter whirred to life.

All the new software was having an issue working with all this ancient data but it was managing, slowly but sure a 3D rendered figure was made. It was an Athailian male with what looked like a a large red fin on the top of his darker grey scaled head. Velia looked to be in disbelief for a moment "Uncle Demrick?" Velia seemed to be in disbelief for a moment as the program started to stammer to life, afew of his features started to twitch before he finally looks down to the pair. Looking Blankly to Albrecht before looking to Velia as his almost black eyes rippled with blue waves as he spoke up with a happy tone "Velia! My dear niece, looks like my droid finally made it to you. I had hoped my plan had worked." Velia was still in shock as she just looked to the AI, absolutely puzzled "But... How? My father said you died fighting Erox's general along the Genodian belt." Demrick's eyes rippled with red hues as she mentioned her father, a sour note amongst the pure blue his eyes were... Seems since they lack many facial features in their normal forms they use colours as a emotional indicator. Subtle, something most races may not pick up besides humans and such. "Yes... Well my death there was slightly exaggerated. I'm not surprised your father didn't tell you. I didn't die on the Genodian belt, I died much later. On our moon, in a holding cell. On your father's order."

Velia looked more than conflicted at this as she took a step back "D-Dad ordered your death?? But why? You're his brother and his most trusted warrior!" Demirck nodded to all of this, his eyes rippled with a somber yellow as he looked down, hands clasped behind his back as the scales along the bridge of his nose scrunched up. "I know, that's why I had to be taken out... I knew what he had done... That's why I had to get this last message out to you with my AI imprint on it. How many of the Novus family is left? Where's the droid? It's memory core has all the data you'll need to find everything I hid on your father." And just like that, Velia looked more worried now as she slowly looked to Albrecht. "U-Um... Most of the Novus family made it out. Along with the Clan head... The droid... Is indisposed."

Demrick eyes riddled purple for a moment as he quirked a scaled eyebrow upwards "Indisposed? How come? I modified that bot myself to be hardy, he should be skipping around right now. X3 was always a chirpy one. Oh, I'm so sorry my boy. I hardly paid any attention to you, are you my nieces guard? You don't look Athailian, or human for that matter."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:18 pm
Albrecht appeared calm to both Athailian as he stood there beside the solar princess despite the mental turmoil stirring beneath his skin. It was a trait that he shares with his friend in a different manner and are both aware of it now, dissociative disorder. At first they both went through life in stride, almost believing the events that they went through are nothing more than dreams. But as they came to learn more about themselves, they learned that they were not dismissing their tramua as not real. Rather Heulyn had took on the role of marty to bear the pain and despair as bleak reminders and moving on from them. But much to his shame and self-loathing he chose a more self-destructive path. Ignoring it for the purpose of pushing on. In a metaphorical sense not realizing he was weaving the ropes of his own noose till it tightened around his neck. Even now he’s still ignoring it to focus on the present moment. Seeing it as unfair to burden others with his lament.

Listening to the conversation he did not know what to make of it. A given as he’s missing troves of context. Not to mention he was not the sort to make solid impressions right away. Holding bias and/or prejudice to others was something he could not do. He likes to get a good understanding of someone before he would give an opinion on them. So while this whole affair sounds insidious with the supposed blood on her father hands he’ll hold off on making any judgment on him till he glean more of the story at large. His eyes perked up at being addressed by Demrick. An itch of embarrassment rose up the back of his neck. Prompting him to reach up to rub it. Giving a relaxed smile to the digital image. “Not a guard, but a friend. My name is Albrecht Beausoleil. I give my apologies. The fault for ‘X3’ fate is mine.” He did not give a reason or an excuse. Just simply stating his guilt. A guilty, guilty sinner.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:01 pm
He may be just a digital recreation, but Albrecht could feel as if Demrick's eyes searing into him, with an uncharacteristic amount of perception for a machine. That which lay beneath the skin, a trauma that the Princess was too naive to see was something he could see but not begin to truly understand. So when Albrecht said to him that he is the reason X3 was destroyed there was visible annoyance on his face as red flickers appeared in his eyes before he closes them and sighs "... This is unfortunate. Well as long as you can get the data core from him it should be fine."

"That might be difficult too... I think I saw our guard AI take them away." Velia says as she looks up to Demrich's hologram. "And if I remember correctly there are 3 members of the Novus main family left. Why do you ask?"

Demrick's expression turned grim the moment she mentioned the AI soldiers "... Who is the ruling clan head at the moment?" He asks as she furrows her brow and looks up at him worriedly "It's Elija, Uncle what's going on-?" She barely got anything else out before he had a panicked look as his eyes rippled with yellow "Get me out of the console! QUICKLY!"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:01 am
Demrick could indeed not fully understand Albrecht nature under his stony expression. Truly an opposite of his old friend. She wore her heart on her sleeve while he locked his away under layers of earth. He was very much a mountain with a hollow core. That while he may seem composed on the outside it was a different story internally. Hiding away his emotions to not be a burden on others. As a result it led him to develop the antithesis of Heulyn empathy, apathy. It’s not to say he’s completely soulless. That he became jaded to the universe at large. Overall he merely somber with fragments of his old personality. Not giving much of a reaction to Demrick eyes although his own stare off into space as if transfixed by a vision of terror. The icy exterior did soften in concern when Demrick begin to panic. A feeling of helplessness flutter in his chest given he has little knowledge when it comes to intricate technologies such as this. So he couldn’t come up with a solution to the order. “Velia?” Was all he could say at the moment. Hoping that she could fulfil her uncle request given she know the technology more than he does.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:15 am
Velia was almost paralysed with disbelief, she hadn't seen such fear in someone's eyes like that since the exodus of their homeworld. For that snap second it brought her all back to watching the capital city burning, bodies not turning to stardust like they should before their mangled forms would twist an- "Huh-AH!"  Brought back from her haze by Albrecht she quickly takes the disk back out rom the machine. Though as she did, as the picture of her uncle went away the screen would distort and the console erupt with sparks. Afew server towers would erupt with sparks around them as she flinches and retreated behind Albrecht.

This didn't seem like it was a result of the just pulling out the disk... This looked like it was about to happen at any moment... Someone, or something, just tried to fry the disk with the AI inside of it. Looks like they were just quick enough to stop that from happening. Question is... Why. The matter of who could be easily seen... Demrick grew fearful when they started to mention the Novus family. Or more specifically, their clan head. This might become a dangerous situation...

Once the sparks stop, Velia comes out from hiding behind him to look around and then to the intact disk in her hands "M-Maybe it would be best if we find a device off the network to put this in... And maybe find that robot of his too. He said there was stuff on it right?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:44 pm
It was not an expression of fear. Merely a dull gaze that went through the hologram. As if one were to look at a pebble on the road. He did not care for whatever Demrick might have against him. The things he has been through has made him jaded, unflinching to any matter of scorn. It was this conditioning that made enable him to swiftly react to the sparking machinery. Not giving it any thought as his body began to move on its own. With the help of Velia momentum he was able to more easily loop his arms around her lithe frame. Holding her flush to his own in a bridal carry as he skip back away. Turning so that the sparks would only hit his backside. His speed was impressive for he didn’t use any mana this time. It was purely a physical feat.

Unconcerned with the close proximity as he comfortably held the Athilian in his arm he looked down to her. The athilian in question could smell an earthy scent from his calm breathing. “You okay?” He inquired as he dropped his arm that were cupping her legs to let her stand on the ground. He knew she was fine but felt it was still customary to say it regardless. Giving a slight tilt of the head as he listens to her. “That he did. I get the sense this is not something to brush off.” He spoke simple manner. It was a bit hard to gauge whether he held concern or not. Although not as icy as he was to Demrick. Instead he seemed relaxed as usual.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:48 pm
Before the princess could truly register what was happening with all the electronics sparking and certainly a lot of valuable tech going up in smoke, she just kept a tight hold on the data disk that contained her uncle before she became away of what was happening since she was trying to move behind Albrecht but ended up getting scooped up into a princess carry, several seconds would pass after he asked her if she was okay, her mind drawing a complete blank before realisation filled in the blank spaces with notice of how strong he was… How close he was to her and how he moved to protect her on what seemed like reflex alone… Her face was flushed red as she could only irk out her response sheepishly. Almost trying to curl up into herself out of embarrassment… Not that she hated this at all.

As he let her stand up on her own she was… Well disappointed that he wouldn’t hold her just a little longer truth be told. “I-I’m fine now. Thanks to you… You’re quite strong Albrecht… I didn’t feel you use any mana at all in dodging and shielding me like that. It w-was amazing….” She says with her eyes downcast with a nervous smirk on her face.

Onc things got back round to how he viewed the situation, Velia looked deeply troubled by this. “M-Maybe we should let my brother know? This sounds serious… More serious than anything I’ve really had to deal with on my own…” She was worried… And rightly so, with this dis she could become a potential target for assassination if it really was someone within their own race who targeted Demrick.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:39 pm
It’s not to say Albrecht is dense by any means when he did not seem to understand the effects of such close proximity of their bodies. He simply did not care in a way that he felt that he was undeserving of such passionate emotions. Especially not when there are more pressing issues at the moment. Noting the worriness written on her face he felt compelled to reassure her. Given their close proximity he cupped her cheeks to gesture her to look straight at his azure eyes. “Hey, you’ll get through this. We’ll go talk to your brother okay? I’m sure he’ll know something.” Which those words said he stepped back. Giving her shoulder a comforting grip before starting to head towards the door. Subtly so he can be in the front in case anything decides to show up.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum