Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Super Tales - Arc I: Jaded Ether [Iammelon/Eteru] [Recton] Empty Super Tales - Arc I: Jaded Ether [Iammelon/Eteru] [Recton]

Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:30 pm
Where storyline started but a lot of elements have been shifted.

Lynn stepped out into the training area feeling light and confident. The bundle of nervousness still sat in her stomach but it was not as prominent anymore. Being overpowered by an odd electrifying feeling known as freedom. It was the same sensation she felt when she joined up with the Union armed forces. Outside of her family, she had spoken her name to others more in the last three years than the entirety of the rest of her life. She wasn’t the slew of false identities she put on to Hoshizora nor with her secret identity. What was once a name only spoken between her siblings was now known to other people. That is a strange feeling to be sure.

The sound of sparring reached her as she went over to a seat to set down her stuff. Not too concerned about leaving it there. She perks up to the sound of a person's voice addressing her. Making a gesture of acknowledgement she walked to the equipment rack to grab a training staff. Going up to the edge she tosses down her staff in a manner that it would impale the sand and remain upwards. Looking at nothing in particular, she undo her jacket in a casual manner. Her sleeves slide off to reveal her nicely defined arms. Beneath the jacket she was wearing a short muscle tank top. Discarding her jacket to the bench beside her there was nothing to hide her abs and bust. Rolling her shoulders she then walked forward. Falling down into a superhero landing beside her staff. Taking it as she stood upright. Bearing a small smirk she approached the group with a small strut to her stride. While she may not be interested in the Valorian thirst. She is proud of her looks so she doesn’t hide it.

A red glow washed over the surrounding streams of flying insects as they remained above the gunman that now jumped to the ground. Rapidly growing in size as they undergo forced evolution before raining down in the hundreds. Growth also occurred elsewhere as the ground lining the rim of the clearing burst as truck sized ants burrow outward. The darts would collide into the outer shell of chitin armor when a freakishly large rhinoceros beetle burrow out of the ground in time to protect Lana. She let the gunman retreat into the forest. He may have a cloaking device but she wager it’ll be hard to maneuver around in a now active forest of hundreds if not thousands of a super sized swarm that has also been genetically altered to adapt to the electricity.

Meanwhile Lana would heed the Druid gesture to walk away. No doubt letting the forest and its residence obscure their passing. She let out a sound of agreement. While she was upset with many of them she wasn’t averse to stepping into their world. After all she did want to understand more of their actions in the civil war. They do deserve the chance to speak to her about it. So she proceed to walk with the druid.

Last edited by Eteru Zvonimir on Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Super Tales - Arc I: Jaded Ether [Iammelon/Eteru] [Recton] Empty Re: Super Tales - Arc I: Jaded Ether [Iammelon/Eteru] [Recton]

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:31 pm
Night Prowler kept an eye on Lynn as she did her preparations, about to make a comment but quieting up after Lynn removed her jacket. Her Valorian side took over as she admired the humanoid's form, certainly appreciating the work put into her body. The instructor thus decided not to mention that they had some spare armor off to the side, as she was sure Lynn could cope, and was it not the purpose of gladiators to please the audience regardless? Still, Night Prowler was being paid to act as the instructor today, so she had that job to do. 

The other gladiator trainees paused their sparring as Lynn made her entrance. All being Valorians themselves, they all similarly appreciated Lynn's appealing choice of uniform under the jacket, and certainly agreed that Lynn should be proud of her build. But while they'd love to stare and admire, they were trainees to be gladiators and thus rather ambitious individuals, so they recovered from that quickly enough. Night Prowler spoke out from the control console, "Right then, new lass! Welcome to this training arena, we're going to give you a basic rundown of how things work around here. Now, normally, a match would see you come in via one of the gates or from an ascending platform, but that's a bit much pomp just for training. But as you see right now, most matches start in a more plain environment, nice and flat. A bit of a mosh pit in such circumstances. I'm sure you are ready for that however, what you really need training for is when the environments shift!" She started fiddling with the controls, and suddenly the floor below them began to shift. Walls rose up, platforms shifted, and large pillars burst forth. The arena was changing shape, going from a flat sandy land to what now looked like a small gathering of small buildings. With four tower like structures surrounding a pyramid-like building in the center. Tesla coils emerged from the pyramid, making its walls course with electricity. Night Prowler spoke out again, "Be ready for the environment to shift at a moment's notice! Now, training exercise! Vesha, Alia! You two, get the late arrival! Let's see if you can handle her! And put some damn effort into making it a spectacle!" 

With that order, two of the trainee gladiators stepped forward towards Lynn, the others stepping back and moving towards one of the towers to get a nice spot to watch from. They twirled around their staffs and prepared them, waiting for Lynn to make the first move. 

As the gunman fled, the Druid started speaking calmly while walking away, "Not the first time a poacher or assassin has come to this world, but all of them make mistakes. Too often they focus on the animal life. Such as your bugs, I can already sense that he has counter measures for those. But of course, they forget... On Freeforest, all life is connected. Be it animal, or plant." In the distance there was a scream of pain, in the direction the gunman had fled. The Druid simply sighed, continuing to walk, "They always forget the plants. With the help of a simple Jaw Tree, his soul shall return to Delviatu and face his divine mercy. I will have to return later to clean up the armor once the body is returned to nature."

The Druid was calming walking down a path, and now he finally spoke again directly to Lynn, "Glad that you have decided to come with me, however. You are quite the curious figure, I was hoping to get a chance to learn more about you. Me personally, although the Life Church itself is also interested. But I doubt you'll agree to the prospect of speaking to some temple staff, it does not seem in line with your enigmatic nature. However, that gunman is a bit concerning to me. He was quite clearly after you, it seems you have some enemies."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Super Tales - Arc I: Jaded Ether [Iammelon/Eteru] [Recton] Empty Re: Super Tales - Arc I: Jaded Ether [Iammelon/Eteru] [Recton]

Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:14 pm
Lynn went through the basic motions with her staff while listening to Night Prowler. It was common sense to not remain still and stoic. It was probably boring to look at as well if she were to take a guess. “Fancy stuff here. Let’s see what you two got then.” She remarks to the approaching pair of Valorians. It was neat to see how exactly the arena changes. In a way it reminded her of Lisa’s training simulations back at their base. One moment she could be parkoring through a valley of arctic glass only for the scenery to shift a second later to the inside of a volcano. And that was considered normal in basic simulation runs. The difficulty really amps up in her Master Trails. At the beginning she had long viewed her little sister a bit sadistic for the grueling challenges she put her through. Now she was grateful for Lisa pushing her to surpass her limit time and time again.

Lynn would engage the spar with the two valorians. Displaying skill and finesse of someone who knew how to fight and fight very well. She possesses a sense of control over the flow of the spar. Engaging for a brief moment before sliding away to disengage. Testing the two valorians form and style while also playing with them. If any tried to get too greedy in their offensive she would deal back a swift punishment. All the while none of them would not get a solid blow nor even a glancing hit off her. Lynn doesn’t seem to be tired or if she is she’s not showing it. Instead she still bore a grin on her face.

Along the walk with the Druid her trotting pace shifts to a bipedal one to adjust to the Druid slower pace. Lana was listening to the Druid but didn’t have much to say in return. Not that he was boring by any means. He’s alright it’s just that she’s not in the place to divulge much about her. Not to mention he was stating the obvious but in retrospect she can’t judge him too harshly. To him their ‘Guardian’ has been in Freeforest all her life. Beside greedy avalantine merchants, vengeful zantines, and formerly cyboar agents there wasn’t much that went after her with effort above the norm. Her identity here is from her understanding not yet connected to her Moro persona. Considering what just happened she was forced to wonder if parties have made that guess and were now going to a place where ‘Moro’ would be. If so it didn’t help her narrow down the list.

While not a nationalist she empathized deeply with Iammelonians view of the rest of Hoshizora. One time she popped up in Bezannia to protect a group of magic kin from being beat up from the bigots. Turns out showing up in a population that really hates magic of any kind does not react well to something that appears magical in nature. That was a hassle to slinker out of. And this was just one of the many instances she found herself in hostile lands. There was a moment where she went to protect a merchant ship that sailed astray into Naga territory. She can handle beating up the great lizards over in Heord. But facing a race of lizards more psionically refined?

That was fun.

The persistent force or rather her usual nemesis comes in the form of Zantine Lords who became obsessed in hunting her down. With a powerful arsenal in their pocket along with extraordinary wealth they paid no expense to capture her. Taking their punches was not too big of a deal to her. But there’s an added challenge due to the fact that as Moro she abides by a no killing rule like the rest of her family. So if she couldn’t subdue them non-lethally she’s usually running away while being pelted with nuclear rounds at her rear.

The dilemma of her chaotic life aside she glances over to the Druid beside her. “I don’t mind chatting with you all.” They wouldn’t be the worst choice of group she chose to converse with. She just has to keep up her Guardian persona of being animalistic and primitive compared to the more protective mother wolf that is Moro. She can’t save people as well if they don’t understand her after all.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:31 am
The two Valorians showed that they were capable fighters themselves, but that was by normal standards. For while good in their own right, Lynn had far more experience and of course a simply more powerful form thanks to her powers, meaning these two Valorians had no chance in a fair fight, even when working together. Lynn would get to notice that the two of them had rather different styles however, ineffective as they were. One was more energetic, with a young body, and she had a rather aggressive style. She would get punished for her greed plenty of times. The other was older and had a well developed body, both in tones of the muscles and in places Valorians would normally be looking. She was more measured, preferring to simply prod and use caution when dealing with a clearly superior opponent, she only went in on an offensive while Lynn was in the process of punishing the younger Valorian, trying to take advantage. Didn't work, but at least she tried.

This all got an amused smile from the Night Prowler, who gave a nod of appreciation, "Good! I can see you're quite good at this, and you are right to play with your food! The crowd does not enjoy quick takedowns, make it lengthy! When you finally bring them down, do it in a special manner. Use the terrain, a special technique, something like that. Get creative! You can do something like stab somebody if you have to, survival is still important, but if you're aiming to get the audience's favor then you cannot settle for just a mere knife in the chest. Now this is training, so no killing, but non-lethal takedowns are allowed in the arena as well. Folks do enjoy dramatic displays of mercy or people who go for purely non-lethal methods."

The Druid got amused at Lana seeming to simply shrug off the idea of being hunted, chuckling, "Guess then you are used to such events. I cannot say I am envious as to the prospect of constantly dealing with assassins, even if in exchange I  had powers. Does make one wonder as to the goals of both those paying for the assassins and the mindset of the assassins themselves to even attempt such a feat." He paused for a moment, chuckling before speaking again, "And here I am speaking such questions without even telling my name! My name is Takodi, a humble druid of the Life Church. Do you have a name, one that you can share, at least? I can understand if you'd rather not say."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:15 pm
It may be true that her innate gifts play a big factor in her prowess. But if one was to ask her about it she would refuse the notion that it’s the singular reason she is strong. Just as a gunman would decry that he is good because of the gun. Skill and experience are two core elements that can’t be given on a silver platter. It has to be earned through dedication and hard work. To always refine her skills and never become sloppy. All accumulating into a peak physique over the course of centuries and numberless battles. And the Valorians can visibly see it as clear as day. Lynn did not come off as a gym rat who chug protein shakes. She gave off the air of a warrior who thrives on the field of combat. Her very existence is devoted to a life of conflict.

After giving the pair a short series of bonks on the head she perks up a bit to listen to Night Prowler. It was pleasant to hear she was doing alright so far. Setting her focus back on the duo she was still aware of her surroundings. The crackling sound of electricity gave way to the idea of hitting them into the wall. But considering there was enough voltage running along it to make it visible she felt that it would be lethal to them. Lynn may be a big risk taker but not when it results in the loss of life. She put her thoughts on halt when the aggressive Valorian of the pair decided to rush her flank. Her body fluidly reacted as it went into the motion of a basic nonlethal knockout technique with her staff. If she goes down for the count, Lynn would set her sights on her other partner.

Lynn shifted her tactic to a more offensive one. Coming up to the last fighter to engage in combat. Continuously striking at her with a fierce tempo that never eases for a moment. Her blows were not meant to connect but rather to make her defend against it. To whittle away her stamina bit by bit to build up the climax of giving a sharp strike to hit the saff out of the Valorian hands. She would give her a blow to a leg to force her to go on a knee before rearing her staff around to aim her staff’s end at the Valorian breastbone. With her at Lynn’s mercy she decided to take the moment to raise a question at Night Prowler. “The audience likes to be involved right? Voting, Pollice verso, and all that jazz. How exactly does it work if I were to get someone down like this and I call out the audience how they want this to end?”

She was certainly concerned but chose not to show it. Appearing vulnerable to someone wasn’t something she liked to be seen as. Certainly not from someone like herself. The only ones she ever allowed to see that side of her is from her family. Listening to him ramble on she let her thoughts drift on their walk. It slowly came to her that this was the first time in a while she had a one on one conversation with someone as her Lana persona. The war didn’t really count as they were brief moments of adrenaline and spitting out frustration. A directed question towards her drew her out of her musings. “I do have a name.” Many names over the centuries. The names of the false lives, the name only shared within the family, and the name of their super personas. None she felt comfortable in divulging. Sure there is the theory that her name is Lana floating about from a moment of the slip of a tongue. With that thought she reconsidered her options before deciding to just go with a very old identity she long tossed aside. “You can call me Lenrisulfr.”

Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:11 am
Regardless of the reasons for it, in the end the outcome was simple; Lynn was quite above these two trainees. As such, her plans went off without a hitch, the younger and more aggressive Valorian going down cold and falling to the floor. The elder meanwhile was no match for Lynn's offensive onslaught, and was quite soon at her mercy, which she of course recognized and did not do anything stupid. 

The question got a smile from Night Prowler, who gave a nod and spoke up, "Excellent question! Seems you're figuring things out already! But of course, let me give you the answer. You are correct in your assumption that the audience loves to be involved, and the arena provides many ways for them to do so. You see in a real, modern arena, the stands are not as barebones as they are in this training center. No, in a real arena each seat has a small computer console in front of it that allows for audience members to submit votes on various topics. Sometimes the arena administration may even give the audience the choice of things like modifying the terrain, activating a certain section of traps, or bringing in some fan favorite gladiators. In these arena wide votes, they tally up the votes after a few minutes and then display the results on a big viewing screen, allowing the audience to see what option won out but also giving the gladiators a bit of a warning of what is to come. They also diversify the voting styles, as it is not always just a majority of the entire audience. The stands themselves are broken up into sections, sometimes the sections are even themed as sort of team. Now each section also has their own smaller viewing screen displayed above them, so they can make their own votes when choices are given to that section of the audience alone. It also allows them to display that section's feelings on a matter, which is relevant to your question. If you ask the audience whether or not you want to give mercy, rarely will it be an Arena-wide vote unless it is a very high profile one on one duel. As Arena votes require the approval of Arena Staff, so it has to be prepared ahead of time. But you can direct it towards a nearby section, who can then voice whether they say yes or no. Alternatively, if you feel like it, you're also allowed to single out any one audience member and ask them directly, and they can give you a hand signal or even just shout their answer at you. Very simple, but folks do enjoy that personal touch, especially when the audience member in question seems to debate it in their heads." She decided not to mention an additional fact that this was also sometimes used by Valorian Gladiators as a method of flirting by giving their object of fancy the choice on life or death, and sometimes even as proposals for marriage. It was very touching to Night Prowler, but of course Lynn was, sadly, a human. She finished it off by speaking simply, "Now, as I am the only audience member... My vote is mercy in this case. That one showed some potential after all. Not as much as you, obviously, but not everyone can be a prodigy." 

The Druid looked over and smiled in a friendly fashion, "Oh my, that name is as fake as a Bezi Fatimazda showing concern for Ethics! But of course I wasn't expecting a real name anyhow, thus Lenrisulfr will do just fine. So, Lenrisulfr, you seem to have quite a bit on your mind. You are trying to hide it, but you are just the same as many other conflicted souls I have met with troubled thoughts but an unwillingness to share. Such is the way of all living creatures, even ones as mighty as yourself. I am not asking you to share, that is best done to those you are actually willing to have trust in, but I will let you know that your conflicted heart is not beyond sight! It's an important skill for those of us who wish to be priests, after all. What use is a holy man who cannot ease burdens on the souls of others? Personal enlightenment is all well and good, but one does not get anywhere truly important with it. A single root does not grow a tree. All life is linked, all souls are bound together. And only together do we truly prosper."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:53 pm
It sounds in line from what Lynn heard so far about the system. Having heard of gladiators like Yrayona interacting with the audience. In general she doesn’t fully consider herself to be a crowd pleaser. That’s not to say that she is averse to it. It just wasn’t high on her priorities. Despite that she does make the effort in making the audience feel that they are a part of the show. “Mercy it is, Boop!” With a jolt she booped the Valorian on the snoot with her staff with enough force to make her lose balance as the force sent her toppling onto her back. With that final fighter down she plants her staff to the side. “They’re not bad fighters. As you said even this one has a bit of a spunk to her.”

Lana gave a pout at his dismissal. She can’t be too annoyed given it was an obscure Nesorite name of a mythological giant wolf destined to swallow the sun. So it was unlikely that a Iammelonian would even know about cultural names of the more distant Eskalivi. But it still annoyed her when he regarded her name as fake. Because it was real to her. “Who are you to judge another person's objective reality?” She quipped in response. “I believe I’m Lenrisulfr, therefore I am.” That felt true to her. The concept of identity was something that her family came to understand in their own ways in the early years of their life. To her she can’t see much difference of having different names to different people like how one sees a different side to a person's personality. Lana is the name of a sister. Moro is the name of a superheroine. And many other names she came to hold during her stay in other nations. They were all real to her. No matter how short lived they were.

His continued rambling was not very eye opening to her. While she may not have been in close contact with the Ialao much over the centuries she did have conversations here and there. Even done an odd job at times. No matter how much time has passed she’s still a handywoman in some manner. So she got to know a bit about Ialao mannerism. If there was anything she was amused by his sermon it would be the very last sentence. For it reminded her of her brother. A thoughtful expression went across her face when that thought prompted a question to come to mind. Might as well throw it out there for him to talk about rather than making assumptions about her. “Random question. You say all life is linked. That through unity we prosper. But the Life Church tends to favor monogamous relationships. How does that work?” The question held no real importance to her. It was a subject that came to mind when thinking about her brother's relationship with their sisters. She had long, long came to accept that some of her siblings fell in romantic love with one another. Nowadays she’s simply happy for them and they’re still her close family.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:46 am
The Valorian went down with the big bonk, staying conscious and slowly getting up. She rubbed the back of her neck, and then for the first time spoke for herself, "Glad I did not make a mockery of myself. Seems the war experience was not without use. Although I think I need to lay down now, that hurt."

Night Prowler chuckled from the stands, "You'll have to get used to that too! Getting a good pummeling ain't uncommon, hard to go an entire match with dozens of others present without getting hit! Still, seems you in particular don't need much training in the combat sense. Makes my job easier, and I still get paid for it. What a lovely day! Anyways, new lass, there is one other thing that's important to learn. And that's signals from the arena administration! Now, sometimes on the big screen they'll display big orders. Disobeying the orders can see you kicked out of the match, so it is important to follow them. The orders have three different priorities; Green, Yellow, and Red. The message's priority can be told via what color they are written on when you see them on the big display screen, same one they show vote results on! Green priority is the lightest, and you actually aren't required to follow them, but it is smart to since they generally announce things like weapon drops or are telling you that an arena of the arena is about to get flooded. They're more like advisory notices rather than orders. Always smart to listen however. Now, yellow orders are orders, but they're not super high priority. If you're in a duel, you can finish it. But you are expected not to start anymore fights, or else you'll get punished. Generally yellow orders are to announce the coming end of an overall match, a withdrawal of certain gladiators, or telling the Gladiators to return to their starting positions. Finally, red orders are the highest priority, you are expected to follow them immediately. If you're in a duel or a fight, you're expected to go entirely on the defensive, as the arena can forgive you for still preserving your own life, and withdraw at the nearest possibility. No more attacks, or you get punished. Red Orders only really happen in extraordinary situations, like a major disruption, the mechanics of the arena themselves going wrong, extreme accidents, or a sudden and unexpected canceling of the match. Red Orders are bad news, but fortunately very rare. Beyond the things that are designed to hurt or kill you on purpose, the arenas are actually quite safe! A good deal of effort is put into making sure all goes smoothly, and particularly to keep the audience safe. An audience member dying is quite the failure, both in a standard business sense but more importantly it is a major shame upon the arena administration. The Goddess is quite displeased by the prospect of loyal arena-goers dying in such an unjust manner, the arena only exists to punish proved criminals. So perverting a holy place like that is a sin and crime, one that requires atonement and punishment. Now, any other questions?"

Takodi smiled at her rebuttal, clearly not taking offense and in fact enjoying the point she brought up. Still smiling, he calmly shook his head, "Don't be so silly, Lenrisulfr. You can say anything you like, but that does not make it an objective reality! Lenrisulfr is a fake name, and I know you are consciously aware of that. I know it is how you choose to present yourself to me. Perhaps you believe it is a real, new identity for yourself! It may have come into existence today, or a hundred years ago. But I am aware that it is just a name for a presentation. In that way, Lenrisulfr is real, as I am speaking to her, but she is also fake. A mask you can use to speak with me, without telling me what is underneath. That is quite fine, but be wary. You are still you, no matter what name or form you take. Lenrisulfr is fake, because she is not some new person! Simply a new facet of you, Guardian, that you choose to share with me. I wonder how many such names and masks you have worn over your years..? Are they so many that you have begun to forget that they are ultimately masks?" 

He then paused to consider her question, then chuckling, "Ah, I see. Well, for the answer, it is because that is what is best for most people! Exceptions certainly exist, but for the common individual it is best to partner with one other individual in such an intimate and personal matter. We are all connected, but we are still individual tendrils of the one greater being. Most cannot truly prosper in multiple-person sexual relationships, jealousy is a part of all flesh and blood creatures and it is quick to manifest in such relationships. The Life Church promotes monogamy because we know this is the best way to maintain harmony between two lovers, creating a union of affection and respect that is far more likely to last, rather than one built often suddenly between multiple people due to merely desires of the flesh. Now this is not to say that is universal, there are those of far more emotional resilience and flexibility who can sustain it and avoid breaking hearts and splitting up lovers. But these are rarities. In most relationships, monogamy is safer and more sustainable, more likely to build respect rather than resentment. Would you like me to explain more?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:54 pm
The safety of the arena patrons was a stray thought that came to mind before. And now she’s thinking about it that adds another looming fact over the fighters concentration. Especially for those who fight from a long range and use magic. Sure there was probably a safety measure in place to prevent meager stray shots. But it was something that she herself has to keep in mind. “”I’ll remember that. It’s a simple system to follow.” She remarked before her thoughts fell on the part regarding criminals. “I’ve heard stuff regarding punishing criminals here and there. How exactly does it integrate with all of this? I got no real problem with executing criminals. But I feel things go a bit differently with them in the mix.”

Admittedly, Lana too was getting into the conversation. While she may not look like it she is competent enough to engage in discourse involving the more intricate things in life. If she’s not being a hunter she is a builder in an abstract sense. In a way this was one of the reasons she lost her temper during the war because she knew just how much was being torn down. The ecosystem is such a complex, delicate system that can easily go out of whack when merely a few variables go ary. She brings balance to the food chain, save species from going into excision, and even preventing over hunting. All in all it required a level of understanding that can’t come with brute force alone. A grain of intellectualism that separates her from the rest of the wild she lives in.

She knew what the Ialao meant but couldn’t help but be internally amused. He has the general sense about her but was barking up the wrong tree. But to hint that was to divert the conversation to a different point that they are talking about. So she stuck on the current tracks. “Names are fake unless you want to get really technical and abstract. They’re not concrete or absolute. They’re transient, malleable. They are made real because we as an individual believe it to be real. If a parent decides to be a comedian and name their kin a bad name for shock value. That child can grow up to an old enough age to spend only a couple hundred dollars to legally change his name to something he likes. To become something they want to be instead of being told who they are by other people.”

Stopping to listen to his thoughts on monogamy she gave a light shrug of her shoulder. “Not necessarily. It was admittedly an attempt to make you talk about something to pass the time. Even had a witty remark about the Pando lined up. But I feel it’s a bit of a bother to have two different conversations going on. With that said I can get the sense the Life Church is fairly conservative. So to link it with our thing about identity. What is your view on transexuality then?” The question was light hearted and simple. It was not spoken in the typical manner that suggests someone was trying to make a religious person look bad. Lana was not accusing him of anything.

Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:16 am
Night Prowler looked amused at that question, but she nodded and gave an answer, "I suppose that's reasonable. For the criminals, they're the majority of gladiators. Condemned to die for the pleasure of the audience. They do not get privileges that volunteers get, like this here training session and other benefits in the arena itself. Volunteers get honors, pay, and some direct assistance in the arena itself! You're allowed to get sponsors for instance, and they may get you weapons to be thrown in mid-match, or allow you a themed set of equipment that you can either start a match with or obtain in the midst of the match when the time is right. But that is only because you are here as champions of justice, willingly putting your lives on the line. The scum you will kill are not the same. They are those who were given the death penalty and then bought up to be used here, or criminals condemned to death here on Valai! As such, they are legally dead. They have no protections. A volunteer may be given medical treatment after a match, and even potentially saved on the arena itself via audience or administration intervention. A criminal does not get that. Only through great effort can they hope to redeem themselves, and only through a long career and great skill will they have that chance. Fun for redemption stories however! So, as for punishing criminals, most of the chaff you slay will be criminal. If you want to go non-lethal on other volunteers, there is some identification. Criminals wear death collars, to keep them in line. Lets the arena staff shock or even blow their heads off if they misbehave. It's common courtesy among volunteers to not murder eachother if you can, they often spare eachother and honorably accept defeat. A good idea to build such a reputation in case you end up on the receiving end after all! But no need to worry about that with a collared lad, they're here to die. Anybody wearing such a collar is a criminal, proven and condemned in a court of law and justice to the punishment of death, feel no sorrow in slaying them. The only honor they deserve is death by stylish combat. Don't give them any sympathy, they're here for a reason, especially the off-worlders! Most of them are pirates, but we got some slavers, rapists, serial killers, eskalivi of the highest caliber! Gut them like the animals they are. The crowd loves seeing such scum get their just dues."

Takodi chuckled, shaking his head again, "And you misunderstand. You are correct in that sense when we look at in a universal aspect. Names do change, this is true. But we are not talking about universes or the concepts of names themselves, you are deflecting. Because this is about you, your name. And I know that Lanisulfr is not your name. As you mentioned, people choose names to identify their true being, but Lanisulfr is not your name. It is the name of a mask. Your true, only real name, is the one that you identify with your entire being. All aspects of you, from Lanisulfr, to the forest guardian, to whatever other names you have given to people like me. The names of each of those faces is not real, but there is one being who connects all those masks, and it has a real name. The only name that truly matters in the two sets of eyes that are most important for that matter. Your own eyes, and Delviatu's. That name can change, but the soul is the same."

He then paused at her next question. Clearly he wasn't offended, he didn't think this was a strange gotcha moment, in reality he was merely thinking for himself, "Hm, well, this is not a question I was expecting, but I suppose my view is in line with the admittedly conservative Life Church. Transexuality, as you call it to me, is an odd thing that can come with many reasons and connotations. One that I believe is not given as much caution and thought as it should be. We are born as we are, but some do not feel complete with themselves. Holes in their heart and soul that need filling. Far too often I believe these misguided individuals think these holes can be filled with superficial things, like believing they were born as the wrong sex. They are seeking answers for internal strife, and this is sometimes what they think is the solution. I believe however in the majority of these cases, they are still misguided. These people deserve compassion, not hatred, as I have seen from others, but it is also down to them to seek help from without. They must learn to accept who they are and love themselves, instead of falling into traps of self doubt and hatred. This does not have to be from the Life Church, I should say. For while I believe we can help, we must not act like this is merely some problem of faith that only priests can solve! That is arrogance, so I will not act as if we are some universal solution. Emotions are powerful things, the mind is often confused. Such individuals can open up to the Church, but also their families, friends, and other consultants. I cannot stop these transexuals as you call them from taking drastic choices, but I believe simply that they are attempting to solve a problem with the wrong solution. To reject themselves instead of learning to accept and improve is not the answer. However, even if they were to take a choice that I would disagree with, they are still living beings, whose souls are bound to the rest of us all. I would still happily accept them in my humble shrine if they wished to pray alongside me."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum