Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Triporea
Triporea

Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich] Empty Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich]

Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:51 pm
Elise seemed to almost be in a mix of apathy and shock to Harlock's reaction to the situation and fearing that the prince's anger be somewhat directed at her she remained quiet and out of the way of the group. Jazmin for the most part was a little horrified by Harlock's sudden turn to despair and crestfallen attitude. So she was just trying to keep her body language relaxed and welcoming despite whatever fear she held in her mind. Jazmin felt a little too... unsophisticated to really comment or speak her mind to Harlock. Not being a comforting or motherly type, she had no words to try and soothe the prince. Just trying to stand in support of Filia and be accommodating to Harlock she tried for a weak smile.

Despite the psionic ripples that permeated from his own body, Harlock could perhaps feel that his energies were like a coin being tossed down a well. A pit of darkness all too willing to swallow whatever was tossed into it only offering the perception of a granted wish. Natrually his energies rippled throughout space-time like they should have. Harlock's father and all his kin may yet feel this SOS, but faintly. Unable to precisely pinpoint the prince's actual location. But Harlock knew that this signal was nothing more than a hopeless gesture. Sure the tossed coin made ripples in the water at the bottom of the well, but who's to say anything at the bottom of the well could see the top and vice versa. Yet the well as an entity facilitated all of this. Playing host to the coin and praying on the wishes of the one who threw the coin. Passively naturally, no one was forced to toss a coin and no one promised that the wish behind the coin would ever come true. Yet the coin still fell through the well and still landed at the bottom as one would expect. But a darkness that lay between the surface and the water at the bottom created an intense mystery. Making you believe that perhaps something really happened to the coin on the way from the top to the bottom. But in reality it just fell through and landed in water at the bottom.

Jazmin sighed and rubbed her head, looking to Filia. "I suppose that's true. Come on Elise. Let's get back to the surface." Elise and Jazmin started heading into the facility and headed for a set of emergency elevators that would take one from the bottom of the facility to the surface. Revealing that they were actually inside the northern most Nuclear Powerplant on the mountain overlooking the settlement. Perhaps the survivors had been mislead as to this facility's purpose as a powerplant and was in fact a missile base. Looking at it from this angle, it made sense. THe massive walls at the base of the mountain was a military base. The plant up here was clearly a weapon's research facility that used the spent nuclear waste of the central facility to be turned into rockets. Also explaining why the AI needed this facility. It would be her new source of weapons, detonating her virus all over the north and finally allowing her access to missiles that could even spread her virus to new worlds if the missiles were Intergalatic. The military must have covered up the true purpose of this facility from the public and the AI was conning Harlock into giving her control of a facility that would have fulfilled her victory.

-

The Inn-Keep looked up from her duties and nodded, "aye we got some fish in from the monger. Hope you aren't too picky about fish, and I'll grab some of the red wine you lot had the other night." She'd accept the money Liline had provided Sephus and informed him that she would bring the food to their room when it was ready. This left Sephus sometime to himself before he had to return to the room when the grub would be ready.

Lost_Psion likes this post

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich] Empty Re: Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich]

Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:26 pm
Filia didn't like to see Harlock like this, not that she ever has before, but at the very least his desperate attempt to try and get them help with this Psionic SOS might be useful... Too bad for her that she was far from the truth of that. Their captor had other plans for this, the SOS would certainly get out but their exact position was likely hidden. For all she knew their rescuers could pass them in an adjacent system and never find them until their captor wants them to be found.

Filia was in no position to try and calm the prince down... On the contrary. She had the thought that this might serve to bring reality to him. Then again as someone who suffered the fate of being a puppet with her mind and body being warped in the service of some monster before, she wasn't really the best person when it came to being nice or comforting. She was just about getting the hand of not having a terrible attitude all the time, something Wolfric was doing his best at helping her with despite the fact that he liked seeing her all bashful and pleasant around him exclusively. He couldn't be so greedy as to deny her the possibility of getting friends.

To stop her mind from sinking into a similar dispair at the thought of never getting to see her lover again, Filia walked with Jazmin and Elise as they traversed the halls and rode the elevators to the surface. The slow shift in temperature started to give Filia a eerie feeling before the doors opened  to blast them with the icy winds of the arctic. Stepping out into the cold, Filia looked down to look upon the settlement that Harlock had told them about. "This... This is it. You managed to teleport us this close to the settlement in  that strange warp space Jazmin! But... How come we were in the other reactor...?" Filia looked back and up above, looking upon the reactor building as she narrowed her eyes... This was far too convenient. "Harlock said that the AI needed to link to this place so she could complete her plan... And... And we just left him down there." Some worry did start to bubble in her chest, Harlock wasn't in a good frame of mind right now and he just might be desperate enough to try and end all this right now. Then again... That same AI did just try to kill them. If he looks around he might find the missile controls and try to take control of the facility itself. "We... May want to try and get Harlock. If he tries to take hold of the base then he'll definitely try and nuke that AI."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

With the matter of food taken care of he gave a nod to the Inn lady and decided that he should do some light exercise outside while Liline had her bath. Even though he had the cheeky idea of interrupting such a bath he put aside his desires and use them as fuel for training for the moment. With a soft sigh he steps out of the Inn and makes his way behind the inn and abit away so he doesn't interrupt or disturb anyone with the sounds of his training...

He did his best to find a nice little spot that would be out of peoples way, while still making sure that he knew his way back, where he would sit down on the cold ground and got himself in a meditative position. Focussing his mind inward as he manipulated the magic within him. On the fire that dwelled within and the darker impulses he was suppressing. On the outside all this would translate to the air around Seph growing warm, the grass beneath him no longer damp as he controlled his fire to a fine point.

Triporea likes this post

Triporea
Triporea

Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich] Empty Re: Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich]

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:47 pm
Jazmin looked down at the settlement below and seemed amazed, "To think this reactor was actually a missile base all along. I think I know why that AI wanted Harlock to turn this place back on, huh? The AI'd not only get to infect this region but she'd launch nukes everywhere... Who knows the damage that'd cause?" Jazmin seemed lost in thought for a moment but suddenly nodded, "Yea, let's get Harlock now... Doctor, stay put." Jazmin rushed back into the facility to find the prince, hoping he'd do nothing stupid.

Sephus remained undisturbed for quite some time. But he could have sworn he felt a faint presence, maybe it was an animal or some such creature. Though he was shaken from his trance when he heard the subtle noise of a rifle being cocked. Opening his eyes he saw one of the women of the sheriff's posse. Her long hunting rifle pointed seemingly at Sephus. She fired but the shot whizzed past Sephus' ear, not so much as leaving a mark. Spinning around Sephus saw a pale corpse fly back, the woman lowered her rifle and placed a cigarette to her lips.
"Sorry about that, lad. Hope I didn't frighten you. Couldn't risk wasting time telling you about the blueman you had stalking you." She approached him slowly and offered a hand to Sephus, "name's Agnes. I seen you get off the ship a day ago, easy to remember when non-creach come through here." After helping Sephus to his feet the woman approached the pallid figure who had stalked Sephus. She lightly rolled it's head to the side revealing the creature resembled a drowned corpse. A few more women came rushing over from a field, one carrying a large lantern.
"Fair shot, Agnes." One of the women said before waving her hand in the air, the burly Âne man and Miss Marjorie Duncan walking over from the nearby road and lifting the corpse over his shoulder. He wrapped it in a shroud and hurled the corpse off the side of the nearby seawall.
"Aye, foreigner. Just be careful next time you stay out. Blue men like that can scale the seawall sometimes." They all seemed to smile at him before pushing each other around playfully and wandering off.
"You'll have to forgive them, Mister Sephus. They're just doing their jobs." Miss Duncan spoke, "And I hate to keep running into you, but part of my job as sheriff is to oversee these night time hunts. Make sure the girls don't get distracted and actually keep the town safe. I know you'd have defended yourself well enough." She removed her hat to tip it to him.

Lost_Psion likes this post

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:03 pm
Filia didn't want to think of the kind of Chaos this AI could get into with this amount of military ordinance at its disposal. To that end she did give their new friend Elise a look as she and Jazmin start to head back inside to stop Harlock from doing anything dumb. "I still believe you have nothing to do with what's going on now. But you better give it a good think on how you're going to help us stop your creation Doctor. Otherwise she might not wait to try and get enough nukes to harm other planets."

Once she gets into the lift with Jazmin and start to head down, lights begin to flicker and fade again and again as the lift slightly jostles in place before starting to reach the bottom. There wasn't a loud sound of a generator starting up... So Harlock must be trying to power local systems with his own strength without activating any external connections for the AI to try to sneak in.

Filia looked worried as she pried the elevator doors open herself to step off. "Dammit, Harlock must be trying to get the weapons online... How the hell did he figure out this place had nukes??"

Harlock would be stood in the main room, already in his Pure Light state, hand plunged into the hard metal of the console as he grips the internal power cables and wiring as he forces it to hum to life, eyes flickering between the screens that flicked on and off as his gaze switches to try and bring the military systems back online and under his complete control. Once he spots his friends enter the room  his manic gaze flipped to them as he froze on the spot, not sure what to do but looking as if he shouldn't be quite tested right now. "I figure this place isn't what it seems to be huh...? I got the idea of what this place might really be once she attacked us at the city limits. And seeing the sophistication of this place as its backup generator came up once we started exploring.. Clearly military! This place has weapons that she wants to use to spread her mutated influence... Am I right? So why not use them to blast her to smithereens!"

Detecting the faint presence, the subtle yet tempered hints of the hunt... The air around him grew hotter than what the usual climate would allow, his own hunter instincts starting to flare as clear crystals began to slowly creep out of his forearms to look like spines along his arms. His Hydralisk nature showing through as his ranged shards could still be created, though they were clearly ripping up his sleeves as his nature has him on alert, his crystal spines able to pierce reinforced steel and the armour plating of shuttle craft when he was a Hydralisk. Now that he was smaller than he used to be, less biomass devoted to the creation of these spines... He could still piece flesh and body armour easily.

To hear that the cock of a rifle, he couldn't afford a bullet in the head at this range. Opening his eyes and seeing the shooter in such a close range, it only annoyed him more that he didn't notice them as he bolted with speed enough to kick up the dirt and twigs under him and most importantly away from the shot, using a crystal wrenched from his arm to slow his agile burst of speed as he dug it into the ground and got ready to throw it at the-

Huh?

His arm was raised above his head, a fan of 6 inch crystal blades in hand while his gazed was fixed on a creature that had managed to get behind him... Seemingly having happened upon him and used the opportunity of his being here as bait to take out the monster. He didn't like it but he could understand the priorities of it. Her eyes were a deep yellow, his normal human gaze was more serpent-like in appearance now. But as he recognised that the danger was from a different source they settled back to the cool blue they had been before.

Looking up the Creach woman that saved him the effort of scuffling with a drowned corpse-like monster, he lowers his readied spines and accepts the hand up. Likely being seen as an oddity now that he's shown he isn't exactly what his false appearance shows him to be. His true appearance being far more monstrous than human. "I would have still liked that heads up. Still.. Thank you. A fine shot." He says looking back to this 'Blueman' as Agnes introduced herself. He looks back up at her and returns it. "Sephus of the Firstborn, a pleasure to meet you Agnes. Even if I was about to attack you for that shot" He says as he looks to the serrated spines in his hand before lowering it to his side. Leaving them here would be a bad idea.

Once more of the Sheriff's people start to worm their way out of the woodwork alongside the ever pleasant sheriff herself, Miss Marjorie Duncan, he wondered if this was a stunt to try and gain some of his favour. Using their common knowledge and his inexperience with the area to gain some sort of gratitude from him for saving his life... He doubted it. But the potential was there. His attitude was mostly just wary but agreeable, not showing any hostility as the group was messing with each other as they started to move on.

As the good Sheriff said she hates to keep running into him it sparked a small smirk to appear on his lips as he relaxed. "Am I that unpleasant? Here I thought we got along well enough." He jested, teasing the good Sheriff lightly for her choice of words in this matter despite him knowing well enough what she meant. But he was more agreeable as she spoke up with a story as to bumping into him here. "I will admit I wasn't expecting to be attacked. Your people do a pretty good job, but I would have still appreciated a 'duck' or something." He says as he looks to sheriff with a more appraising eye as she mentions that she knows that he could defend himself. A rather interesting thing to say.

"...'Well enough'? I'd be as tall as you if I wasn't wearing this human facade and covered in armoured scales. All Imperial officers of the Firstborn have to have some level of human metamorphosis when they leave to vacation in other civilisations that aren't accustomed to seeing a Firstborn military species. Well... Without it developing into screaming people and blasters trained on us for looking like monsters." The Lord commander said as he smiled up to the sheriff.

Triporea likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum