Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Triporea
Triporea

Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich] Empty Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich]

Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:51 pm
Elise seemed to almost be in a mix of apathy and shock to Harlock's reaction to the situation and fearing that the prince's anger be somewhat directed at her she remained quiet and out of the way of the group. Jazmin for the most part was a little horrified by Harlock's sudden turn to despair and crestfallen attitude. So she was just trying to keep her body language relaxed and welcoming despite whatever fear she held in her mind. Jazmin felt a little too... unsophisticated to really comment or speak her mind to Harlock. Not being a comforting or motherly type, she had no words to try and soothe the prince. Just trying to stand in support of Filia and be accommodating to Harlock she tried for a weak smile.

Despite the psionic ripples that permeated from his own body, Harlock could perhaps feel that his energies were like a coin being tossed down a well. A pit of darkness all too willing to swallow whatever was tossed into it only offering the perception of a granted wish. Natrually his energies rippled throughout space-time like they should have. Harlock's father and all his kin may yet feel this SOS, but faintly. Unable to precisely pinpoint the prince's actual location. But Harlock knew that this signal was nothing more than a hopeless gesture. Sure the tossed coin made ripples in the water at the bottom of the well, but who's to say anything at the bottom of the well could see the top and vice versa. Yet the well as an entity facilitated all of this. Playing host to the coin and praying on the wishes of the one who threw the coin. Passively naturally, no one was forced to toss a coin and no one promised that the wish behind the coin would ever come true. Yet the coin still fell through the well and still landed at the bottom as one would expect. But a darkness that lay between the surface and the water at the bottom created an intense mystery. Making you believe that perhaps something really happened to the coin on the way from the top to the bottom. But in reality it just fell through and landed in water at the bottom.

Jazmin sighed and rubbed her head, looking to Filia. "I suppose that's true. Come on Elise. Let's get back to the surface." Elise and Jazmin started heading into the facility and headed for a set of emergency elevators that would take one from the bottom of the facility to the surface. Revealing that they were actually inside the northern most Nuclear Powerplant on the mountain overlooking the settlement. Perhaps the survivors had been mislead as to this facility's purpose as a powerplant and was in fact a missile base. Looking at it from this angle, it made sense. THe massive walls at the base of the mountain was a military base. The plant up here was clearly a weapon's research facility that used the spent nuclear waste of the central facility to be turned into rockets. Also explaining why the AI needed this facility. It would be her new source of weapons, detonating her virus all over the north and finally allowing her access to missiles that could even spread her virus to new worlds if the missiles were Intergalatic. The military must have covered up the true purpose of this facility from the public and the AI was conning Harlock into giving her control of a facility that would have fulfilled her victory.

-

The Inn-Keep looked up from her duties and nodded, "aye we got some fish in from the monger. Hope you aren't too picky about fish, and I'll grab some of the red wine you lot had the other night." She'd accept the money Liline had provided Sephus and informed him that she would bring the food to their room when it was ready. This left Sephus sometime to himself before he had to return to the room when the grub would be ready.

Lost_Psion likes this post

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich] Empty Re: Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich]

Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:26 pm
Filia didn't like to see Harlock like this, not that she ever has before, but at the very least his desperate attempt to try and get them help with this Psionic SOS might be useful... Too bad for her that she was far from the truth of that. Their captor had other plans for this, the SOS would certainly get out but their exact position was likely hidden. For all she knew their rescuers could pass them in an adjacent system and never find them until their captor wants them to be found.

Filia was in no position to try and calm the prince down... On the contrary. She had the thought that this might serve to bring reality to him. Then again as someone who suffered the fate of being a puppet with her mind and body being warped in the service of some monster before, she wasn't really the best person when it came to being nice or comforting. She was just about getting the hand of not having a terrible attitude all the time, something Wolfric was doing his best at helping her with despite the fact that he liked seeing her all bashful and pleasant around him exclusively. He couldn't be so greedy as to deny her the possibility of getting friends.

To stop her mind from sinking into a similar dispair at the thought of never getting to see her lover again, Filia walked with Jazmin and Elise as they traversed the halls and rode the elevators to the surface. The slow shift in temperature started to give Filia a eerie feeling before the doors opened  to blast them with the icy winds of the arctic. Stepping out into the cold, Filia looked down to look upon the settlement that Harlock had told them about. "This... This is it. You managed to teleport us this close to the settlement in  that strange warp space Jazmin! But... How come we were in the other reactor...?" Filia looked back and up above, looking upon the reactor building as she narrowed her eyes... This was far too convenient. "Harlock said that the AI needed to link to this place so she could complete her plan... And... And we just left him down there." Some worry did start to bubble in her chest, Harlock wasn't in a good frame of mind right now and he just might be desperate enough to try and end all this right now. Then again... That same AI did just try to kill them. If he looks around he might find the missile controls and try to take control of the facility itself. "We... May want to try and get Harlock. If he tries to take hold of the base then he'll definitely try and nuke that AI."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

With the matter of food taken care of he gave a nod to the Inn lady and decided that he should do some light exercise outside while Liline had her bath. Even though he had the cheeky idea of interrupting such a bath he put aside his desires and use them as fuel for training for the moment. With a soft sigh he steps out of the Inn and makes his way behind the inn and abit away so he doesn't interrupt or disturb anyone with the sounds of his training...

He did his best to find a nice little spot that would be out of peoples way, while still making sure that he knew his way back, where he would sit down on the cold ground and got himself in a meditative position. Focussing his mind inward as he manipulated the magic within him. On the fire that dwelled within and the darker impulses he was suppressing. On the outside all this would translate to the air around Seph growing warm, the grass beneath him no longer damp as he controlled his fire to a fine point.

Triporea likes this post

Triporea
Triporea

Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich] Empty Re: Headlamps of the Hart/A Grand Tour [Trip/Rich]

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:47 pm
Jazmin looked down at the settlement below and seemed amazed, "To think this reactor was actually a missile base all along. I think I know why that AI wanted Harlock to turn this place back on, huh? The AI'd not only get to infect this region but she'd launch nukes everywhere... Who knows the damage that'd cause?" Jazmin seemed lost in thought for a moment but suddenly nodded, "Yea, let's get Harlock now... Doctor, stay put." Jazmin rushed back into the facility to find the prince, hoping he'd do nothing stupid.

Sephus remained undisturbed for quite some time. But he could have sworn he felt a faint presence, maybe it was an animal or some such creature. Though he was shaken from his trance when he heard the subtle noise of a rifle being cocked. Opening his eyes he saw one of the women of the sheriff's posse. Her long hunting rifle pointed seemingly at Sephus. She fired but the shot whizzed past Sephus' ear, not so much as leaving a mark. Spinning around Sephus saw a pale corpse fly back, the woman lowered her rifle and placed a cigarette to her lips.
"Sorry about that, lad. Hope I didn't frighten you. Couldn't risk wasting time telling you about the blueman you had stalking you." She approached him slowly and offered a hand to Sephus, "name's Agnes. I seen you get off the ship a day ago, easy to remember when non-creach come through here." After helping Sephus to his feet the woman approached the pallid figure who had stalked Sephus. She lightly rolled it's head to the side revealing the creature resembled a drowned corpse. A few more women came rushing over from a field, one carrying a large lantern.
"Fair shot, Agnes." One of the women said before waving her hand in the air, the burly Âne man and Miss Marjorie Duncan walking over from the nearby road and lifting the corpse over his shoulder. He wrapped it in a shroud and hurled the corpse off the side of the nearby seawall.
"Aye, foreigner. Just be careful next time you stay out. Blue men like that can scale the seawall sometimes." They all seemed to smile at him before pushing each other around playfully and wandering off.
"You'll have to forgive them, Mister Sephus. They're just doing their jobs." Miss Duncan spoke, "And I hate to keep running into you, but part of my job as sheriff is to oversee these night time hunts. Make sure the girls don't get distracted and actually keep the town safe. I know you'd have defended yourself well enough." She removed her hat to tip it to him.

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:03 pm
Filia didn't want to think of the kind of Chaos this AI could get into with this amount of military ordinance at its disposal. To that end she did give their new friend Elise a look as she and Jazmin start to head back inside to stop Harlock from doing anything dumb. "I still believe you have nothing to do with what's going on now. But you better give it a good think on how you're going to help us stop your creation Doctor. Otherwise she might not wait to try and get enough nukes to harm other planets."

Once she gets into the lift with Jazmin and start to head down, lights begin to flicker and fade again and again as the lift slightly jostles in place before starting to reach the bottom. There wasn't a loud sound of a generator starting up... So Harlock must be trying to power local systems with his own strength without activating any external connections for the AI to try to sneak in.

Filia looked worried as she pried the elevator doors open herself to step off. "Dammit, Harlock must be trying to get the weapons online... How the hell did he figure out this place had nukes??"

Harlock would be stood in the main room, already in his Pure Light state, hand plunged into the hard metal of the console as he grips the internal power cables and wiring as he forces it to hum to life, eyes flickering between the screens that flicked on and off as his gaze switches to try and bring the military systems back online and under his complete control. Once he spots his friends enter the room  his manic gaze flipped to them as he froze on the spot, not sure what to do but looking as if he shouldn't be quite tested right now. "I figure this place isn't what it seems to be huh...? I got the idea of what this place might really be once she attacked us at the city limits. And seeing the sophistication of this place as its backup generator came up once we started exploring.. Clearly military! This place has weapons that she wants to use to spread her mutated influence... Am I right? So why not use them to blast her to smithereens!"

Detecting the faint presence, the subtle yet tempered hints of the hunt... The air around him grew hotter than what the usual climate would allow, his own hunter instincts starting to flare as clear crystals began to slowly creep out of his forearms to look like spines along his arms. His Hydralisk nature showing through as his ranged shards could still be created, though they were clearly ripping up his sleeves as his nature has him on alert, his crystal spines able to pierce reinforced steel and the armour plating of shuttle craft when he was a Hydralisk. Now that he was smaller than he used to be, less biomass devoted to the creation of these spines... He could still piece flesh and body armour easily.

To hear that the cock of a rifle, he couldn't afford a bullet in the head at this range. Opening his eyes and seeing the shooter in such a close range, it only annoyed him more that he didn't notice them as he bolted with speed enough to kick up the dirt and twigs under him and most importantly away from the shot, using a crystal wrenched from his arm to slow his agile burst of speed as he dug it into the ground and got ready to throw it at the-

Huh?

His arm was raised above his head, a fan of 6 inch crystal blades in hand while his gazed was fixed on a creature that had managed to get behind him... Seemingly having happened upon him and used the opportunity of his being here as bait to take out the monster. He didn't like it but he could understand the priorities of it. Her eyes were a deep yellow, his normal human gaze was more serpent-like in appearance now. But as he recognised that the danger was from a different source they settled back to the cool blue they had been before.

Looking up the Creach woman that saved him the effort of scuffling with a drowned corpse-like monster, he lowers his readied spines and accepts the hand up. Likely being seen as an oddity now that he's shown he isn't exactly what his false appearance shows him to be. His true appearance being far more monstrous than human. "I would have still liked that heads up. Still.. Thank you. A fine shot." He says looking back to this 'Blueman' as Agnes introduced herself. He looks back up at her and returns it. "Sephus of the Firstborn, a pleasure to meet you Agnes. Even if I was about to attack you for that shot" He says as he looks to the serrated spines in his hand before lowering it to his side. Leaving them here would be a bad idea.

Once more of the Sheriff's people start to worm their way out of the woodwork alongside the ever pleasant sheriff herself, Miss Marjorie Duncan, he wondered if this was a stunt to try and gain some of his favour. Using their common knowledge and his inexperience with the area to gain some sort of gratitude from him for saving his life... He doubted it. But the potential was there. His attitude was mostly just wary but agreeable, not showing any hostility as the group was messing with each other as they started to move on.

As the good Sheriff said she hates to keep running into him it sparked a small smirk to appear on his lips as he relaxed. "Am I that unpleasant? Here I thought we got along well enough." He jested, teasing the good Sheriff lightly for her choice of words in this matter despite him knowing well enough what she meant. But he was more agreeable as she spoke up with a story as to bumping into him here. "I will admit I wasn't expecting to be attacked. Your people do a pretty good job, but I would have still appreciated a 'duck' or something." He says as he looks to sheriff with a more appraising eye as she mentions that she knows that he could defend himself. A rather interesting thing to say.

"...'Well enough'? I'd be as tall as you if I wasn't wearing this human facade and covered in armoured scales. All Imperial officers of the Firstborn have to have some level of human metamorphosis when they leave to vacation in other civilisations that aren't accustomed to seeing a Firstborn military species. Well... Without it developing into screaming people and blasters trained on us for looking like monsters." The Lord commander said as he smiled up to the sheriff.

Triporea likes this post

Triporea
Triporea

Mon May 10, 2021 1:20 am
Jazmin stepped in with Filia as the good doctor nodded at the strange women, "I swear I'll atone in anyway I can, as long as I don't die that is. I'll be here waiting for you when you rescue your friend." The doctor went and sat on a nearby rock as she watched the elevator doors close and the pair descend back into the facility.

Jazmin grabbed her wrist with worry, "oh no... the bloody fool is going to try something foolish, I know it!" The moment the door's were open and the two could feel the facility's power surge, Jazmin rushed to where the pair had left Harlock. Jazmin watched in horror as the man she'd come to care for stared at her with frenzied eyes. She gasped and covered her mouth with one hand.
"My word, Harlock, you must stop! There's no telling what kind of attention you're drawing to us by reactivating this facility even if you're not connected to the main power! Please, stop whatever it is you are doing so we can talk about this! We'll never escape this hell if you rush foolishly into an outcome like this! We have to consider all sides and think of a proper plan, damn it!" Jazmin shouted with a mix of anger and sadness. "I know... I know this is a nightmare, but we need the prince who's cool under fire right now. Nuking the AI might not destroy her. We must think Harlock, we must put our heads together. Please calm down, for Filia, for me?"

-

Agnes was sure surprised at the sudden transformation, but when all was said and done she let out a hearty laughter, "Well lad, if I'd have know you could do that I'd never have even got close to you. Good lad, an odd one to be sure but welcome at that!" She would smile and begin regaling her comrades with a tale of what Sephus had done but moments ago.

As Miss Duncan approached she laughed a little nervously and used her thumb to twirl the ring on her middle finer, perhaps a nervous twitch of hers. "Oh, no! I did not mean to imply that you were in anyway unpleasant, I simply wished to convey that I did not wish to keep imparting you with the notion I may be spying on you." She let out a deep breath and adjusted her glasses, "well at least you're acquainted with the dangers that lurk here. The bluemen, they are soulless creatures. Devoid of all life save but what the cursed ocean fills their bodies with. I suspect that lack of life is what allowed it to sneak up on you, but at least my girls now know you can handle yourself, eh?" Miss Duncan would remove a pocket watch from her waistcoat and read the time. "All the same it is very appreciated, your form is most fair, my good sir. I shall let you back to your duties and pray we meet again in a friendlier situation. Good evening, Mister Sephus." She would trail after her posse leaving Sephus to return to the inn.

He'd find food awaiting him, along with a rather eager Liline who awaited his presence in their room by sitting near the window gazing out at the sleepy town illuminated by candle light. Her hair was not done up but hung low in a messy sprawl. She simply wore a bathrobe to conceal her frame as Sephus entered the room. The two would share the rather romantic meal near the window before Liline made certain advances towards the firstborn officer and spirited him to the bed. Leaving her bathrobe on a chair behind her so she might enjoy the lord commander more intimately.

The following morning, Sephus would arise to find Liline dressed and waiting by the front door of the inn, to which she jested. "You certainly sleep heavily after such intense evenings, don't you dear Sephus? I figured I should not disturb your sleep."

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Tue May 25, 2021 12:05 pm
Filia gave a nod to the doctor as the elevator doors closed, the doctor will get her chance to make this right. Of course as soon as they closed Filia started to really worry about what exactly was going to happen when they got back down there. Of course when the lights start to flicker a pit opens in her stomach. He isn’t stupid enough to betray us, he’s too soft. He’s trying to get control for himself… The Zerg in him will try to grasp at straws and bitterly try to snatch victory.

Once they got to the main room where they left Harlock, Filia let Jazmin do the talking. The Prince had more of a connection with her than she did and it might be best to let him hear some sobering words.

Harlock, still snapping his vision between the flickering screens and the girls, still shivers and fidgets as Jazmin starts to shout at him. The shouting certainly grabs his attention since he’s never heard her shout like that before. Never really having anyone shout at him like this before. But his frenzied eyes only grew more desperate as he shook his head “N-No you don’t understand, we NEED to blow her up now! She knows about the ship we have in orbit! She already has her way off the planet! She doesn’t NEED the reactor or this base anymore! She’ll REPURPOSE OUR SHIP!

The pit in Filia’s stomach grew as she grit her teeth. That had to be a lie… No they did mention their ship earlier before running here… That AI was in ear shot. It was certainly a worry… But the Firstborn Kingdom had tech that was beyond the level of this world. They had Cyber Warfare suites to handle enemy AI hacking attempts. “Harlock, she can’t get to the ship. Even with her satellites in orbit, the ship can just shoot them down-”

UNLESS HE WRITES HER GETTING THE FUCKING SHIP!! DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND?!” Harlock snaps back, making Filia grit her teeth more as she flinches slightly. She didn’t like it but she couldn’t dispute anything about that stag headed writer coming up, for all she knew he was the one that gave Harlock this mental breakdown for something else to take place.

As Jazmin asked Harlock to calm down after he snapped at Filia, Harlock didn’t look like he wanted to keep calm. Calm was what got them in this situation in the first place… Calm was what got them abducted from home and sent on this suicide mission by that crazy writer. His mind was set, the AI had to be destroyed no matter the cost. This planet wasn’t real, these people weren’t real, they were real. He was being sane right now, the two of them aren’t thinking straight surely?! He was about to go back to seizing control again before he could feel this doubt swimming in his chest. For a long few moments he stared into space as he wondered if he was really right about this. He didn’t know what kind of missiles these were… For all he knew firing them could strengthen the mutants. He needed cruder missiles, like napalm… Anything besides nuclear weaponry.

After that long moment of self doubt he stopped pushing more power into the systems to bring them online under his control but did not pull himself free from the machinery, his vision just panning up to Jazmin before speaking. “For you… M-Maybe… Nuking her won’t work. I-I… I need better weapons. Lots of raw firepower she can’t control.

Seph did not keep up his true form very long, just long enough for them to get a gander at it and for his point to be proven on his size matching the Creach woman’s, he didn’t know how much he should reveal about his people to strangers even if they had good intentions at first glance. Still he did his best to appear respectful even in the monstrous form he had taken. He did give a wolfish grin to Agne’s as she said she wouldn’t have gotten close to him if she knew. “Ah come now I don’t bite. I do appreciate you saving me from the shuffler even if I could handle it.”

He does notice Miss Duncan’s nervous tell and keeps it in mind, he may need to use that as a way to gauge any conversations they have later on if he needs to press her on something. Or if he needs to steer clear of a certain topic of conversation. After returning to the human facade he had he gave a gentle smile to miss Duncan as she tried to smoothly get across her point. “Relax Miss Duncan. I’m teasing you, my people are rather aloof. Something to keep in mind if you ever encounter anymore Firstborn, we’re very hard to annoy and enjoy testing the social waters. Despite our beastly appearance, we’re soft on friendly faces. If you do want to see us upset, you need only ask the Zerg.”

At this point in time it was rather clear that the Firstborn Empire, with the help of afew other allied civilisations, beat back and shattered any Zerg world in their path until they ultimately beat the united hive over the world of Duxton in The War of Two Blades. A conflict that arose because the Zerg targeted the previous King, Zether’s, children and tried to kill them. A rather extreme example but it was clear enough that they will rise to tackle an issue as a united species. Until that threshold, they are an understanding and forgiving bunch.

Once Miss Duncan said her farewells he gave her a wave as he started to head back to the Inn. Thinking on the other dangers lurking in the dark, not that he could not handle such deceptive evils of course. He just needed to worry about being caught defending himself with magic.

Of course, such worries melted into the cool night air once he returned to the room he and Liline were staying in, with the latter waiting for him in nothing more than a simple bathrobe to catch him by pleasant surprise. He enjoyed the meal they shared together before following his lover and shared in the bliss of each other's company.

Later that morning, after washing up and getting dressed to meet Liline at the Inn’s front door, he did give a smile to her jest. He wasn’t ashamed by sleeping in after such a tiring night. Moreso impressed that she still had energy to spare. “I thought you’d find it flattering that I can sleep so soundly in your company my love, besides it just means I’ll have to try harder to make you worn out next time. The fact you have more energy than me is… Well nothing short of amazing.”

Triporea likes this post

Triporea
Triporea

Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:41 am
Jazmin slowly approached the fuming Harlock and with each reproach he made she took a step forward. Until she was within a distance so she could touch him, but she did not, not yet anyhow. Jazmin gazed at him with stern eyes and an exasperated tone, she was hurt but she couldn’t be angry at the prince. The situation was horrible, the lack of control for beings as powerful as Harlock and Filia must have been torturous. Even for Jazmin the knowledge that she had been used as a puppet to being everyone to this planet, well it made her feel like she was nothing more than a worthless scrap only fit to ensnare her betters into this trap.

Jazmin perked up a bit however and she rested a hand on Harlock’s shoulder, breathing warmth and radiating life in a cold dead place. “Harlock, way I now see it... we either the roll the dice and blow that AI sky high or we find some other way to fight her. Personally, I’m not willing to play puppet any longer.” She huffed triumphantly and walked to the control panels Harlock was fiddling with.

Jazmin turned back to Harlock, “power this thing back on. I’m blowing this facility sky high with us in it.” A smirk had grown on her face when she was working on the panel. “The bastard has to end the story, as we’ve seen he plays by some stupid rules and bends things to favour his outcome. But I say if we abruptly end the story we’re free and there’s not a damn thing he can do about it.” Jazmin spoke with such confidence and such a manner of speech, Harlock hadn’t seen her act this way since he first met her and the other Liline back on that gas giant so long ago. Something had changed in Jazmin, as if she had shaken loose something.

-

Agnes thoroughly enjoyed the show despite its brevity, and seemed to express as much to her compatriots as she loudly boasted about the actions of Sephus in those moments, practically weaving her own little story as to what Sephus had done.

Now Miss Duncan respectfully engaged with Sephus in his conversation, and thanked him many more times for his kindness and patience before rushing off to join her posse. Now Miss Duncan was a bit too old to have been taught Firstborn History in her days in schooling, coupled with her education in law she would have likely only barely heard of the Firstborns, but that being said, the Bezannian and Firstborn Empires had become public allies, on friendly terms. With permanent embassies established on Bezembay and Castameer, though Shanalotte had never managed to visit the firstborns in person. Though Miss Duncan was aware of the Firstborn Empire as a whole, she was inexperienced with its history.

Liline was much amused by Sephus’ remarks when he finally joined her, and as she began to stroll she jested to him, “my dear Sephus, I am surprised you do not have more energy. You are a soldier are you not? How can you be expected upon to lead a battle at first light after spending all night strategising?” Liline followed her jest with a hearty giggle and a smile as she headed for the centre of town with Sephus in tow, and as the two approached the town square there was an odd break in the dense fog and clouds this morning. Far off to the east, standing alone on a large down was a might castle. The spires barely visible from this lowly point in the town, the dark stone and black tile roofs sticking out from the grassy downland.

“My, that must be where our host intends to entertain us I suppose? Tis a much more imposing place than I had figured it to be. Then again, I never did have knowledge of what Creach castles looked like. That is certainly a change from the more traditional palaces and chateaus I’ve seen on Bezembay and Dernby.”

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:21 pm
Harlock was twitchy as Jazmin kept taking steps towards him but he didn’t overreach more than he already had. He did flinch slightly when she rested her hand on his shoulder but her words did disarm him… That was until he opened wide with disbelief when she said that she wanted to blow this place sky high with them in it. This many warheads, all this firepower. There was no way to survive it. But he really hadn’t seen her this sure about anything since he first met her and Liline on that station in what seemed like a lifetime ago. Maybe… Maybe this would work.

Conversely Filia thought that Jazmin had lost her mind too, until it made a weird sort of sense. If they ruined the story then he won’t want to keep them around to keep ruining them… They could go home… “This sounds insane! But… I’d rather try this than keep falling into despair. Do it Harlock.”

He was wary, still fidgety from his outburst, but honestly anything was better than letting himself fall deeper into this hopelessness. Since his hands were still inside the machinery he did give it a jolt of energy to power everything back up to the state that Jazmin can get control of it. “Okay Jazmin, I trust you. Make this right.”

-----

While Liline’s cheeky dig at his lack of stamina did sting for him, her giggle did lighten it since it was surprisingly cute of her. He loved it, even if it was when she was teasing him. “How cheeky you are my dear Liline, I won’t be so easily beaten next time, not after wounding my honour so.” He spoke confidently, determined even, while he followed her into the centre of town.

With the fog and clouds split they could finally see a mighty fine castle in the distance. It paled in comparison to most of the other grand structures he’s seen on his journey with Liline but still very impressive. That would be until he learns that the castle belonging to their most gracious host will entertain them later. He wondered what it looked like inside… Still he had to admire its strategic positioning for a castle, a marvellous place to have it. High up, hard to siege with weapons and at a clear advantage for aiming down their foes. Not as good for orbital weapons but then it was a castle and not a planetary Fortress so that was easily forgiven. “My my, a fitting place for our host to live considering her station. A fitting strategic fortification too.” He says before he looks back to Liline.

Triporea likes this post

Triporea
Triporea

Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:45 am
Jazmin let out a long breath and put her hand on the launch button. She looked to Harlock and Filia and smiled, “well here’s to seeing you all on the other side?” She smiled brightly and depressed the button. A loud alarm filling the base as the launch sequence began. After a few moments there was a bright flash, and Jazmin covered her eyes. Then there was a terrible fire that rolled over all three, had Jazmin not been empowered she would have been incinerated within moments but her new powers prevented this as she let out a shriek, inaudible of course. There was no noise anymore, just that fiery heat and the brightness. Jazmin was being torn piece from piece in the nuclear flames as Harlock and Filia would have been as well.

Their powerful bodies allowed them to survive more than most could, of course, but this could not save them from several warheads detonating within their direct vicinity. Jazmin would be the first to finally vanish from the light, reduced to ashes after a minute or so. Filia would be the second to vanish. Then it would be Harlock, finally succumbing to the nuclear fire and breaking apart to bits. Then there was nothing, each floated alone in a chasm, no noise, no sound, and bo senses at all.

There was no weight or wind, only nothing. Before like a terrible bellow from an enraged animal, the blackness was ripped open like a page tearing down the middle. The three would find themselves standing back on Castameer, right in front of that restaurant they would have entered and where they were supposed to have met that… creature. But now, it was a normal Firstborn restaurant, not an anachronistic cafe. Jazmin looked around slowly as her senses came back to her, and when they did she jumped over to Filia and Harlock and grabbed them both close. Tears streaming down her face and nails digging into her two friends.
“We… we did it, we’re back.” She whimpered like a child.

-

Liline walked with Sephus for sometime before smiling, and holding his arm she remarked, “why yes, it’s a beautiful castle. I do agree, these creach have a way with buildings that you just don’t see many other places. And must I say, this place is nothing like anywhere in the empire I’ve been. This sleepy village, the grand castle, the bustling big city. Hang me! The place confounds the mind.” Liline jested, and the pair entered the train station they had been at before.

The train ride back to Cadhainn was as short as it had been before. Stepping down from the train, Liline made straight for that shop that they had been at before, for her arm.
Liline remarked along the way however, “it seems so long ago that you and I were hunting down a criminal so far off. With terrible bitterness between us as was caused by our distant relationship. My lord, I am truly endeared you saved me from my past life.” She sighed softly and continued walking, “had I not met you the moon only knows what would have become of me. Finally I am ready to put this behind me and join you, perhaps we can forgo my plans for a colonial tour and just sail back to your empire? Perhaps it would be better to leave everything behind and start anew as an athalian like you?”

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:36 pm
The seconds that elapsed as Jazmin’s hand moved for the button there were hundreds of thoughts roaring through the head of the prince, he was scared of what was going to happen. Was it really going to be this simple? What if all this was real and they were about to die for real?? His physical body was losing its illusion and mimicry as he was already starting to shrivel back his more waxy jello like Changeling body. The fear of death was just enough to overpower his fear of being forever trapped in this horror story…

Fillia too feared the nothingness that could come after but she had already been there twice before… She was no stranger to it. But she had no desire to die pointlessly… Noticing the young Prince’s fear she just set her hand on his shoulder. If this was it, then at least she was going out on her terms and not living as some twisted abomination.

As the sirens begin to blare all around them and until the bright flash of atomic light overtakes them all, Harlock could do nothing but shiver and resist against the nuclear fire that blew them all into oblivion. It was all over…

In that empty chasm of nothingness there was a brief moment where Harlock had thought that he really was dead. He had no idea what an afterlife was for one of his kind, no one had thought of it before… He couldn’t sense anything, nothing was there… Until an ear splitting screech raged all around him, light forming as a crack formed before…

?!

They were standing in front of that new restaurant that they were originally heading to all those months ag- Wait… Did…. Did they never leave Castameer? For that matter… Was this still the same day? These thoughts naturally flowed through Filia’s mind before she got embraced by both the Prince and a very teary eyed Jazmin, The Prince was barely holding it together as is right now. She wanted to cry too but she just started to pat them both on the back and comfort them. “Yeah, thank the stars we’re back... “ The natural distress that was coming off of Harlock pulled the attention of the Palace Guard caste in no time, helping the trio back towards the Palace so they could calm down out of the public's eye. It would be bad to see the Crown Prince break down into tears right there, especially if everything that just happened was somewhat real and they have been missing for months now.

If they had then they would all notice that Castameer looked somewhat different, new banners replaced the ones of the old Kingdom. Everything had a more imperial feel to them. They wouldn’t know it yet but Castameer and the Firstborn had recently undergone a massive overhaul in their society, rallying under the banner of Harlock’s oldest sister Alicia, formally known as the Sun Eater Princess before she became the Empress of the Firstborn Interstellar Empire.

-----

Sephus chuckled lowly to Liline’s jest, he still liked the aesthetic of this planet though. Going back to using the basics and couple it with advanced tech was rather beautiful in its own way. Though he found the castles rather adorable. “A stellar performance love. You might have quite the career as an actress ahead of you.” He says as they board the train to Cadhainn.

Once they were in the subterranean city he followed Liline right for the prosthetics show so she could pick up her new arm. Though as she brought up a past that seemed so distant now he couldn’t help but be slightly bashful, keeping his overall composure as best as he could as she called him ‘Lord’. Though the bitter reminder of their past did hit him, it was a rather dark part of their time knowing one another. He didn’t know how to respond at first, her previous life was all she knew up until they had crossed paths again since their initial time on that agri-moon dealing with petty slavers and bandits. Back when he was naughty but a lowly Hydralisk before he was uplifted and made Lord Commander for his leadership skills.

He did regret some things between them, mistakes and issues that will likely be overcome with time. But saving her was not something he regretted one bit. “It seems too fresh to call it all a distant memory. But I am glad those spotty days of the past are behind us.” Though she asked something that was quite strange to him. ‘Start a new life as a Firstborn like you’

(I know you put Athailian but Sephus is a Firstborn, a zerg. silly goose)

Truthfully he was actually looking forward to those colonial tours, but if this is what she wants then maybe it’s time to head back. He has been rather selfish, he wonders if his subordinates hate him for leaving them with his work for all the time he’s been travelling with Liline in Bezi space… They totally hate me.

Sephus looked at her as they kept walking for the shop with her new arm, he was rather bummed but she didn’t say that the tour would never happen after this. The two of them could easily embark on it some other time, next time as tourist and former resident instead of ex-agent and political chauffeur. Though hearing her say that she was ready to put her past behind her was somewhat comforting, he knew she struggled greatly to get where she was before it was taken away from her. “Going back home does sound nice. Though I will admit I was looking forward to the tomfoolery of the colonial tour. Though what do you mean with that last sentence?”
Triporea
Triporea

Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:10 am
Jazmin was quiet the entire trek back the palace. Her mostly pained expressions betrayed her feelings of shock and horror. The moment the trio had any privacy Jazmin would collapse in tears and panic, falling to the floor with short sharp breaths. Her trauma seemed to manifest quite viciously as she held her head low and sought no comfort. It seemed best to just let her get it all out.

Indeed much had changed, new buildings and relationships had been formed. The once distant empire had become of regular diplomatic correspondance with another. A certain home nation of Jazmin’s had become more active in its diplomacy with this Sun Eater Empress.

-

Liline had enjoyed his company and comments before and during the train ride to the capital of the world. And she had engaged deep in conversation with him while they walked, even slowing her pace so as to properly apply her faculties to the conversation at hand.
“It was just an idea, we need not go back if you do not wish. I just thought I’d offer the chance to, so as to not cause you distress. I should hope my dragging you here has not caused problems. I wish to not be the source of any more issues or problems, especially not to the man who carried me from the darkness.” She would squeeze his hand with that and nod.

Liline spoke with much care and grace put into her words, carefully crafting each sentence before she uttered it. Her words came much slower than normal as if she put a great deal of thought into them.

“Perhaps it would be best to go on with our tour then, and truly breath deep the spices and flair of this golden era before anything spoils it.” As the pair walked to the store however, there was a large crowd assembled in a main square. Along the footpath to the shop was a collection of massive buildings some political and some businesses. Most importantly, at the center of this main square was w gargantuan statue of Emperor Jasper and High Chief Mary VIII, with Mary standing on a large rock sword passing her sword to Jasper who was accepting it in a dignified manner. But atop a building that lay directly behind the statue was a large projected screen, distinctly bezannian in the near perfect video quality marred with a silvery-blue colour tint making the whole picture appear nigh black and white, and a grain over the film. All a product of the camera lenses that bezannians used.

“-our dear empress of many years was found dead this morning on Bezembay, having suffered a stroke the night before. Empress Shanalotte having passed quietly in her sleep was attended to by nurses and physicians most of the day. The three princes and princess of the empire make their journey to Bezembay to make preparations for the funeral-“ The newscaster on the screen spoke, and the large crowd of Creach assembled had all removed their hats. Sephus could even spot a few of the well dressed creach women shedding tears in private. These amazonian women with hats in hand and handkerchiefs to their eyes and noses. Liline gasped silently but kept walking, just listening to the broadcast.
“Truly rather tragic… I always liked our Dear Empress, Shanalotte. But I suppose she was due to go any day now, a shame she could not reign for longer. The Shanalottan era was… a good era for all Bezannians.” Her voice was… conflicted, and Sephus could hear just a hint of resentment in her voice, a tinge of insincerity.

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:47 am
Once the trio had been brought back to the Palace, allowed to have their time to process everything that had happened, Jazmin was allowed to have her time to herself with Harlock staying for the time being while he adjusted to being back amongst the expansive hive mind, his people were happy for his return. Same for his sisters, his memories of what happened were something that they were meticulously picking through to try and understand just what had happened to him and who they should punish for this transgression, soon learning that such a thing will likely be hard to do.

Filia however was soon brought out of the room and in the embrace of her Athailian lover, Wolfric, an ex-prince of the Athailian people whose brother had allowed him to become a Noble and an ambassador to the Firstborn people. The pair had been taken to a side room where he and Filia could reconnect. Filia and Wolfric exchanged telepathically, Athailian’s find telepathy a more intimate form of communication afterall. Filia had shown him everything, all of their time in that fake reality and the time they had spent journeying… And in turn he had shown her all that happened out here in the real world, the rise of Zether’s Daughter Alicia while Zether himself explored his Dragon heritage in the Nebula. Iammelon’s civil war and the Union’s victory. The Athailian people’s integration into the Nebula as a protectorate.

-----

Sephus was happy that she was considerate of his feelings in giving him the chance to take them both back home to Castameer. Though he wondered why she kept being so formal with him now that they had quite the informal relationship, he wasn’t going to call her on it yet. He’s happy to let her develop at her own pace. Though he could tell that she was putting great care into choosing her words, he did miss her teasing however. “You, a source of trouble or issues? Perish the thought.” He playfully said as he squeezed her hand back, it was true that they had some bumpy patches in their time together but that was in the past. “I’m lucky to have someone like you at my side.”

He liked the idea of continuing their tour, though he was unsure if anything bar worst case scenario stuff like war or the like could ruin it. He could imagine it but he didn’t like to entertain such a thought, if something like war were to happen then he would most certainly be recalled back to Castameer.

On their walk to the prosthetics store he would naturally take notice of the commotion in the main square. Something was clearly going on… Only to gather that the Empress had passed. Is a terrible thing to hear of a ruler's death. It was something that he did not want to experience in his lifetime… So his heart went out to those around him, he could sympathise with the idea of losing a beloved ruler, not really knowing but feeling that the affair.

He kept his pace with Liline as they went, though he could feel the conflict in her as she spoke, it would seem that Liline had quite the mixed opinion on the late Empress. “Good for Bennezians, likely no one will deny that… Though is something wrong, love?” He says as he aims to get them down towards the store, away from so many prying ears as to avoid an incident with grieving passersby. He had no doubt that Shanalotte was a decent Empress to her people, but an Empire forged on conquest is not always popular with the conquered. No matter how many generations pass.

Triporea likes this post

Triporea
Triporea

Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:59 pm
Jazmin would continue to spend her days in the company of the Prince Harlock and her companions here. They had been through so much together and she was happy here, to be free. She also needed mentors for her new powers and help with all that she had experienced. From Westina to Castameer and all across the new protectorate, Jazmin would remain loyal to Harlock and the protectorate of which she was now apart of. Forever bound to the side of her friends.

Thus the story of Jazmin came to an end, her travels continuing in the company of her dear friends, though she would voice to abstain from any adventures for the time being.

-

Liline just shrugged as they walked away from the square, she continued to hold her hat in her hands out of respect for the empress departed but she kept quiet with her answers. Speaking only in a hushed tone, basically a whisper. "I am from the colony of Maharajah, and it was only by means of stowing on a merchant ship did I make my way to Bezembay. I travelled across the empire by way of ether just to arrive in the great capital only to live in a basement for six years. After nearly being put in an orphan's house and later into a common house. I saw the darkest parts of the empire, the poor and weak and sick. Those who had no jobs or wealth and some who had no name to even go by. The places I stayed had murders and robbery and rape and drugs more common than the phrase 'hello.' The darkest parts of Bezembay did I see for nearly eight years of my childhood and two of my teens. Until I was whisked away by sinister agents to become a pawn for their schemes and plans in protecting an empire I never believed in. And now here I am, shaped by all different forces standing as a different person expected to shed a tear for the empress who reigned over my whole life until this point. I know she did not perpetrate anything I experienced but... how can I be expected to show love for her or her empire when it was I who suffered with millions of others under her reign. Knowing that her son will bring no significant change to the place where I grew up and that countless other children in a billion other places will experience the same things I did." Liline shook her head and finally pushed open the door to the shop.

The Craftsman, Isabelle Livingstone was hard at work in her shop. She was sat in a large chair behind the counter, eyes closed and snoring slightly. Her apprentice was using a balance scale to measure out some kind of powder but as the pair entered the shop he tapped Miss Livingstone on her shoulder causing her to snort and jolt upright, "Aye bastard!" She cried but as she got her bearings and calmed down she turned to Sephus and Liline, "Oh, it's you two. Boy, fetch the arm and clean your hands. I know you got soda and lime all over them." She moved to the counter and started cleaning up the workspace as the apprentice wiped dust off his hand and ran to the back of the shop. "Welcome back, miss. I was up all night getting your piece together and it be my finest work!" When the boy came back with a large chest, Isabelle opened it and put on a pair of white cotton gloves. The arm within was made from high quality wood, metal, and ceramic plates. Strong enough to endure any hardship put to bear. She helped Liline put the arm on, plugging in the vital components and using plates to cover up the connection point. After making some last minute adjustments with a screwdriver, she backed away and allowed Liline to use her own arm. Livingstone smiled and happily accepted her payment, bidding the two a farewell.

As Sephus attempted to leave the shop Livingstone whistled at him and beckoned, "hold a moment there, lad." She approached him and removed her gloves. "Now I seen that lass as a customer for many years now. Been seen her treated like cat piss for most of her life by everyone around her. I may be an old craftsman, but I swear upon the moon which shines o'er the jagged mountain. Hurt her in the same old way and I'll kill you."

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:52 am
Listening to Liline recount her past, it was understandable that she would have a pretty colourful view of the Empire, only seeing its darkest parts while everyone lorded over the achievements… It was strange to him. The Firstborn had no concept of class outside of species specialization, all would live for the sake of their leader. This was the way of their predecessors the Zerg and it was also their way. Then again that was because they were designed that way… Though this does not mean that Sephus was ignorant or naive enough to think and know it did not exist. The barriers and evils that different societies may hold was knowledge that was bestowed onto them by their All father, the King of Blades while he was still so. He did this so that when they were faced with them eventually it would not frighten or anger them in a way that will make them stand out too much. Ironic given their relation to a xenoplagic scourge that can infest entire worlds.

Sephus listened to the hushed whispers of hers as they travelled through the streets towards their destination, and while he had no real experience to call upon that would relate to this he could still try to understand. “You will always be expected to love your nation, no matter where you live. But expectations are not always something you must follow. I would say that you should be the change you want to be… But I do not know if that may work here. Regardless. Injustice will always exist, and those in power will exploit it for control. So I believe we do what we must to make things better for who we can help… Perhaps more good will spread that way.”

Now that they are finally at the shop, Sephus steps inside with Liline to see the old craftsman ‘working’ in her chair at the counter. Sephus gave a light smile to this as he said nothing as her apprentice woke her from her slumber quite animatedly. As the new prosthetic was brought out in the box and Liline unveiling it, he admired how… Rustic it was. Low tech wasn’t a bad thing, and from the looks of it the level of craftsmanship was very impressive indeed. His opinion was just rather coloured from living in a High tech society for so long… Along with having the perks of being able to go to a military medical centre to regrow his lost limbs. Though getting to see her move it on her own was rather nice.

He was about to leave with her before a whistle catches his attention, curious about why the old craftsman would call him over; he lends Livingstone his ear. He was certainly surprised to be told that she’d kill him if he treated Liline badly… Oddly enough it was a notion he agreed with. Though he could tell that the gruff old girl cared for Liline. And he was happy that someone other than him cared for her well being. He crossed his arm over her chest, placing a balled fist over his heart. “I would just as soon take my own life than bring her any more misery… But now I have more reason to behave myself.” He says with a smile before he relaxes some.

Triporea likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum