Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Zvonimir Tales - Jaded Ether [Iammelon/Eteru] - Page 2 Empty Re: Zvonimir Tales - Jaded Ether [Iammelon/Eteru]

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:55 pm
Lily was nomming on the chocolate delicacies that were present on the island. Casually watching the exchange between the pair. “Pardon me my fine fellows. I was passing by and just couldn't help but overhear the conversation.” Lily looked over to the source of the refined voice to see that her sister Lola had been walking from a part of the building into the main lounge. Despite only wearing a white blouse and pink skirt she held an air of pompousness in her body posture. In contrast her smile was genuinely sweet and kind. Coming over to the table ipwet would almost fail to notice that while Lola was throwing off signs at being a haughty individual. She is nonverbally stoic for the most part. Even her vibrant eyes that seem to twinkle with jolliness is a calm pool. Lola was seemingly very good at putting on a show to fool others. Masterfully so.

Lily's face lit up with happiness at seeing her sister who came over to them. “Hey Lola! Did you need anything?” She inquired to which Lola gave her a grin.

“As a matter of fact my darling Lily, I do indeed. Lana would like to have your help with something.” Lola brushed a lock of hair over her shoulder as she gave a nondescript answer. Lily seems to not mind since she seems to partly know what she’s saying. After all she did just came from helping Lana earlier so she figured her sister wanted her advice on another project around the house.

“Oh! Of course! I’ll head over there!” Grabbing a few pastries for Lana she stood up from her stool. Leaning over to give a chaste kiss to her brother's cheek. Turning she gave a big smile to her guests. “It was nice to meet you two! I hope you have good days ahead. See you later!” With a wave the bundle of energy made her way out of the main lounge. Leaving Lola to smoothly take Lily to her seat next to Abraham.

“Hey Lola.” Lynn greets her sister in a casual manner who in turn gives her a flash of a smile. To the others they seem to have a normal sibling relationship. There didn’t seem to be any beef between them. At the same time don’t seem to be as close as Lynn is to Abraham. Abraham on the other hand as with all his siblings does seem close to Lola. Lynn briefly goes through a round of introductions. Lola is a younger sister beneath the both of them.

Abraham meanwhile gave a smile as well in seeing one of his sisters show up to come join the island. The said younger sister gave him a smile in a manner akin to a young sister idolizing their older big brother. “How pleasant to see you conversing with guests. Especially with such lovely individuals.” There seem to have been two different conversations between Lola and Abraham but Ipwet couldn’t tell what. Lola kept up her haughty poker face like a pro. Lily may seem to be holding things back but Lola was on a whole other playing field in terms of how guarded they were. Despite this there is genuine warmth between them.

Before he could open his mouth to speak she already turned to face the Anubites but not enough so she could still look at Abraham. “A icon? Why, I feel that would suit you perfectly Abraham. You deserve it after all. Even a statue in fact. Nothing like drawing eyes to a grand statue of a diplomat and warrior no? And it wouldn’t matter if they don’t know at first, the mystery of it is a part of its grandeur no?” Lola softly butter her brother up who still seemed a bit unconvinced.

He gave a soft huff. “Again, I appreciate the sentiment. But I doubt I’m someone Angelarium wants.” Lynn rolled her eyes in annoyance while Lola gave no reaction. Maintaining her compusor as she scoots closer to her brother. Kindly and subtly placing her hand in his thigh. Making him more aware of her presence as if trying to melt his armor as much as possible.

“My dear prince,” She began, calling him by her name of endearment. “Are you not magnificent? Are you not a personal friend to the Immaculate One, a divine privilege that a rare few poses? Have you forgotten that you came to inherit the fabled legacy of the Iron Lords that was thought to be lost for countless millennia? That you went out of your way to be on close terms with the Enl'xaan League, a band of Heroes?” Abraham was getting a tad flustered by Lola's assault. Then his heart layered in armor plating got punctured straight through by what she said next. “You’re my hero after all. That’s how I know you can be a great symbol for others.”

“Beside!” Lola took on a less serious tone as she leaned on Abraham. “I get to doll you up in strapping suits! Something better than what you usually wear.” She teased much to his mock sigh of exasperation.

“Alright, alright. I’ll go through with this.” He said in resignation. Lola was visibly pleased that her brother softened up to the idea enough to accept it.
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Zvonimir Tales - Jaded Ether [Iammelon/Eteru] - Page 2 Empty Re: Zvonimir Tales - Jaded Ether [Iammelon/Eteru]

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:26 am
Ipwet was rather interested at this new arrival, giving a smile as she recognized her type instantly. Now this would be a fun one to examine, less irritating to get a full read on than the sister she had just taken the place of at least. It seemed she was coming across a fellow practitioner of the art of intrigue. This would be a lot more interesting, so after giving their introductions, Ipwet sat back to watch Lola work. Meanwhile, Clexmose just happily waved to the new arrival and saw no problems here. 

The Amarna Lord smirked, as she could read that private conversation between Abraham and Lola, and what came after was also clear as day if one was watching close enough. It seemed Lola here was Abraham's public relations individual, and she was very much trying to save face for him. She was surely somewhat annoyed that she wasn't here for the beginning of the conversation, in which Abraham had already given away plenty of fascinating little details. Perhaps that family comment would not have occurred if Lola was here. All the same, she had to enjoy her buttering Abraham up, it was well done. Played into aspects Ipwet could not utilize herself, which meant she recognized her advantages. Good, that meant she would be interesting, and potentially useful. She already was giving Ipwet some help her, so that suited her just fine.

Giving a smile, Ipwet nodded, "Excellent to hear. You will be an excellent symbol, both for the people of this world and for your family. I am sure many Zvonimirs can come to this planet one day, look upon a statue of you, and be encouraged to greater heights to follow that same path. A legacy that gives guidance. We shall have to find you a way to begin this! There is no shame after all in getting a kick start from others, let your family and friendly others get you started, and then move forward on your own merit."

Clexmose nodded, "Then we got two, Abraham and Lynn, down for helping out. Nice to hear. Seems this visit was a good idea, Ipwet. So, Lola! Haven't heard much about you! These two are soldiers, and Lily was an artist. What's your gig?" He smiled widely while asking, simply curious as he was finding this diverse family quite interesting. And, unlike Ipwet, he of course had not yet figured out the pattern in her actions.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:32 pm
Lola continues to fuss over her brother. While she may seem knowledgeable of the game of cloak and dagger there doesn’t seem to be any more hidden conversations between them. She was genuinely being a doting little sister to her older brother. A warm, light bond that manages to persist over the passing centuries. Lynn meanwhile seems to be used to this. While serious and direct she doesn’t typically show physical affection all that often. Grabbing a treat from the tray to munch on, she opted to take the backseat of the conversation for the moment.

The youngest sister looked at the Anubite. Continuing to lean on her brother with a grin. “A sweet fashion designer of course. I especially make suits for my sweet prince as noted before. He really loves the outfits I make his dear wife, a nice bonus to see him get flustered.” She said with a sweet smile as her eyes became half-lidded. Once more she was implying something else but this time it didn’t take much of an expert to get what she’s saying. “Hehehe. It does take a bit of work. The clothing I make tends to be worn down by nature. So I’m often fixing them up for my lovebirds.” Abraham looked to the side. A hint of a blush appearing around his neck. But was smiling because for all of Lola’s teasing she wasn’t wrong.

She then closed her eyes in recollection. “Mmm Heroes” Opening her eyes she gave a mischievous look to her brother's direction. “You always did like- hmm what’s the word. Ah! That’s right, cosplay. Hah I can still remember the day when we were kids and you got us all dressed up for the comic convention. Fufufu in hindsight I should have seen the signs.” She cryptically spoke in mild amusement. Finding it more nostalgic of remembering her family in those days.

Abraham let out a low chuckle. “I’m surprised you can remember that.” He could vaguely remember those days. They were all wearing customs based on the superfriends from his favorite comic series at the time. The image of Luna came to mind. Luna was wearing white face paint with black clubs around her eyes. Wore black fingerless gloves, a purple leotard that hug the right places, black leggings that snugly wraps around her legs, and long purple boots. It seemed he was getting lost in thought when he heard Lola giggling next to him.

“Such a distant gaze, my prince. I’m getting a bit jealous.” She jest in a joking manner. “It makes me think. Perhaps you should finally accept the League's offer. Perhaps for a bonus I’ll throw in a lovely spandex for your wife~” Her brother opened his mouth only to promptly shut at as the thought made him ponder on it.

“Do I look like the sort of guy to be persuaded like that?” He said with an indignant tone.

“You do.” Lynn bluntly spoke up. Earning a mock glare from her brother.

“Yes, but no.” He ignores the contradiction of his rebuttal.

“Hmm you’re right. You want both of you to have spandex right?” Lola snickers in amusement. The siblings were clearly enjoying teasing each other “Perhaps we need a third party opinion here.” She looks over to the pair of Anubites. Specifically Clexmose. “Clexmose right? You're the warrior type. How do you like women dressed up?” Her question sounds innocent enough. If nothing else she did seem a bit curios in hearing about other cultures taste in fashion.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:24 am
Ipwet was a bit sad that the secret talk was over for now, by the looks of it, but she supposed that was fine as well. Not everything needed to be a battle of wits and words, she could keep her eyes open even if nobody else was playing the game actively. She listened and noted the family dynamic of teasing, indicating that the siblings at least seemed to generally get along well even despite that prior hint towards some issues with their parents. And of course there were some bits of information that helped Ipwet construct Abraham and Luna's relationship more in her mind, they seemed to be pretty solid in that relationship, so that was another useful bit of information. Strong connections could be utilized just the same as weak ones. All the same, she did see there in that particular talk a fascinating opportunity. 

Clexmose looked to Lola and thought about it, putting a hand to his chin, "Preferred clothes? Hm, not something I've thought about very much. I suppose I quite like the traditional, formal clothes that are worn at some family gatherings. Those are nice. Oh, and I suppose as a sort of general byproduct, I like women in military uniforms. Both traditional Anubite military garb and the more modern stuff I have seen from the union. Erhm, I suppose I am giving away a bit too much information there..." He rubbed the back of his head. 

With a chuckle, Ipwet smiled to the Yuya, "Well they did want your opinion, Clexmose. No shame in speaking it when asked. As for spandex, while I am perhaps not interested in it personally, I do know some who are. Angelarium is the place we have been setting up our own batch of superheroes, still a work in progress. But we did manage to nab a few individuals of interest, so the buildup has been going well. If you would like, there is an opening there. I think you could fit there, Abraham. Use the spandex for a litte more than just setup."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:16 pm
Lola let out a chime-like giggle. “There’s no shame in that, there’s beauty to be found in all styles after all. No shame in bearing our heart when it comes to beauty in the eye of the beholder.” She then looked over to Ipwet in subtle amusement. “My oh my, all I inquired was an opinion on general taste. For you to latch on to spandex is quite telling dear Lady Ipwet. You do seem to be the type to wear something form fitting. Or perhaps copious amounts of leather.” Ipwet would sense that Lola was merely playing with her words and knew what she meant. “Fufufu~ In a more sincere manner I’m not a fan of spandex. It has its purposes to be sure but it’s generally dull.”

Abraham raised his brows in slight interest. It’s not something one would often hear. As it’s a very rare thing to occur in real life. Thinking on it he suppose it’s a good way to get attention centered on Angelarium. “Huh, I suppose I’ll check that out sometime.” It was noticeable that he wasn’t sold entirely but there did seem a potential that he will bite. He had heard that Star Ruby was doing things over here but didn’t bother to make the connection yet.

Lynn gave a thoughtful look for a second before speaking up. “‘Whatever you choose to do let me know man. Till then I’m thinking of heading over to look at those Valorian Arenas. Seems like a good time sink.” It did seem that she switched her thoughts on what she wanted to do. “The military is dandy and all. But I remembered that I am straying from it for a reason. So nothing against them.”

“Hoh~” Lola utter in mild amusement. “You always were fond of showmanship in sports, dear sister. It does sound befitting for you” She spoke in agreement. Lynn being a gladiator was an easy image to picture in her mind. For all their differences she can acknowledge that she was a strong fighter. Abraham seems to have no problem with it. If he did he didn’t show it.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:44 pm
Ipwet gave Lola an amused look for grabbing onto that, "Somebody is rather interested in others' clothing tastes, it seems. I hope you aren't aiming to create clothes for everyone present! As for tastes, afraid not. Spandex was merely a good conversation transition, give your brother some direction. As for my own, actual tastes... One will have to figure them out in due time. Although fascinating that you picked out leather, I hope that isn't much projection." She then turned to Abraham and smiled, "That is a fine enough answer for me. Although I am sure Star Ruby would be happy to have some backup." Ipwet hoped that name drop may give him a bit more of a push along, but for now she had gotten what she wanted.

Clexmose looked to Lynn and nodded, not at all offended, "Yeah, no offense taken at all. From what I've gathered you have lived a long time, and spent a lot of that with the military. Not a wonder you need a proper break, rather than just a small vacation in-between. As for the Valorians, an interesting choice with their strange Justice Goddess, but it ain't hard to get to Valai! Their arenas are big attractions. After all, not many places you can watch a full on arena battle. So if you want to get there and you don't got your own ship, the starport almost certainly has passenger ships headed there. Although I bet you guys have your own ships by this point, but just in case you don't! Enjoy your time there!"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 pm
Without missing a beat, Lola gave a smile in response. “Of course, it’s my profession after all! It’s in my nature. Whether or not I planned to create clothing is a bit irrelevant. Clothing is a form of self-expression in a way so I can’t help but imagine people wearing something that expresses them. Clexmose for instance gave me ideas for a suit of armor to reflect him.” She then gave a grin of amusement. “No shame in expressing a favored material. Available in a variety of colors and textures, Easy to clean and maintain, Constitutes great strength and longevity. Authentic, classy look and feel of leather clothing exceeds any other fabric. All in all, leather is a good choice.”

Lynn gave a small nod. “Yeah I’ll likely have to take a ferry. My personal ship will need to be brought over in parts and refitted to fly in Hoshizora.” Her sister Lisa took the time to analyze Hoshizora and its unique properties. Not only did her ship need to be degraded to not draw eyes but also make it efficient to fly through this strange space. She let out a short chuckle. “Their faith is weird. I don’t judge but it doesn’t suit me.” In fairness she hardly knows much about it. Only caught a news article here and there along with some gossip she overheard from some Anubites about how their religion is misandry with a paint job and a nation of ‘radical lesbians’ or so she heard. It was all gossip so she’ll hold off on her impression. Besides she’s not interested in their religion all that much. With that thought she flashed a smile. “Thanks man. I get the feeling it’ll be a good time.”

So far it has been a good time. Got her luggage aboard the barge, snag good seats close to the cafeteria, and got fairly decent priced tickets to Valai!. The first thing she noticed was the lack of glances to her direction. The feeling of being a faceless mook in the crowd was a good feeling. Felt free and by herself in a new place. It was weird to see people who look like her, the humans. She hasn’t seen someone like her all those centuries ago when her world got eaten by that monstrosity. It made her briefly ponder if a world like hers exists in this plane before brushing that thought aside. Having long come to accept her planet demise and embrace life among the stars. For her there was no need to look back and wish to relive the past. That felt disrespectful. That it was to say that everything she did up to that point didn’t mean anything. Yeah it was a bummer she didn’t live to become a legendary athlete, but all the things she saw and done. Everyone she came to befriend and save. Never did she ever regret those moments.

Straightening her maroon jacket with a bold white one on the back she took her seat. Heaving her luggage beside her with no effort. It was a fairly light haul. She didn’t know anything about the system the arena is run by. So she left her personal armor and weapons behind for now. She just brought the essentials and other small belongings. Kicking her feet up on the table and resting her shoulder on the rim of the window. She looked out into space to watch the marvel that was the current of Ether. It really gave her the impression that she was riding a ferry across the actual sea. The memorizing flow of warm colors and light could keep her entertained the whole ride. Typically she tend to get a bit bored on long space flights.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:34 pm
Ipwet chuckled, giving a nod, "Quite right I suppose to envision that the clothes fits the person, although often clothes fit the social situation too. Expression is all based on what one wants to give off, and not all want to be fully honest at all times after all. Still, fascinating little hobby you have there. What ideas have you gotten about young Clexmose here? He does need a bit of an update to his wardrobe, after all." She looked to the Yuya in question, who's suit was indeed clearly a bit old and cheap. The warrior household was never one for spending high on fashion, in contrast to other Anubite noble families, such as the Amarna.

Clexmose smiled and nodded to Lynn, "That would make sense. From what I understand, Hoshizora is a bit of an oddity in how our space works, so it would need some adaption to work properly in the Ether. The passenger ferry ain't so bad however! Have a good trip!" He waved to Lynn, and then thought some more, "So who else is here? Probably best to meet who I can while I am here. Had fun meeting the interesting members of this family so far!"

-

The Passenger Ferry Lynn had gotten aboard was a rather standard type in Iammelon, widespread for short-range transit between the many worlds of the Nebula. It was no small vessel, able to carry quite a few passengers and their luggage. Most had their luggage with them, but some also had it stored below in the proper storage spaces, primarily those who needed to carry more sizable or valuable hauls. The passengers gave a good idea of the destination, but also Iammelon in general. As one could expect, many of the passengers were Valorians, on their way back home after taking a trip to Angelarium for either business or simple interest in the new world. There were others however, including Angelarium Amziel taking their own visits to Valai, some human businessmen, and some various others all here for their own personal reasons. The ship was also clearly careful, for while the risk of getting attacked was low, it kept itself prepared. Lynn would be able to notice that there were armed troops onboard as well, hired guards brought aboard to defend the passengers in case of attacks, a quite literal merchant marine corp. And even then, Lynn would notice that while she left her weapons behind, plenty of the passengers had not. The Valorians for instance seemed to all carry axes, and even those human businessmen had concealed weapons that Lynn could detect thanks to her experience. Iammelonians seemed to enjoy being armed.

On the seats across from Lynn, the ones who had reserved those seats finally arrived. It was a batch of two individuals. The first was a female Valorian, wearing leather armor and notably having a shortbow carried on her back, with a sack of arrows on her hip as well, in addition to a shortsword. The odd getup was extra notable given that even the other Valorians on the ship wore modern clothing, so this was certainly not some traditional Valorian thing. The individual with her was another odd one, being a female Taurus in steel armor, with a greataxe on her back. She was carrying all the luggage, and placed it down. It seemed to be the luggage for both of them, and the Taurus quickly commented to the Valorian, "So are we done traveling now or can we get back to work? Or are we suddenly going to go visit Tarantula too? I'm sure you'd love to talk to some spiders, but I would prefer to get back to the arena!"

The Valorian rolled her eyes, "You really need to actually start using the money you've gathered. These trips are fun! We can't just fight, we also need to travel! Justice can't be done in just one place, Valmira! But yes, we're going back now. Can't risk dropping off the radar by staying out of the fights for two long, that'll properly mess up our reputation. So you get your wish. Not like we can split up, anyhow."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:24 pm
“Can’t say for certain. The ideas are nebulous at best. I like learning more about one's culture to truly have an idea blossom.” She quipped in return. At this time the siblings felt for a change in scenery. It felt off to Abraham to spend the entirety of his guests' stay in one spot. And Lynn felt like heading off elsewhere. And since it felt silly to call his sisters here he felt it was better to take a stroll around till they happen to run into them. So he responded to Clexmose that they’ll take a walk to see if they happen to be up and about. Cleaning the island they head out of the lounge with Lynn splitting from the group. Giving them a wave as she walks away.

The group heads out into one of the smaller . Sunbeams pour onto the pond with lily pads scattered across the surface. The air was warm and quiet. For the most part it seemed no one could be seen so they continued their stroll along the garden. The two siblings made quiet smalltalk with one another about nonsensical things. Like talking about the weather or the fishes in the pond. Just a brother and sister enjoying a moment together.

Heading down a random walkway they crossed paths with Lisa and Lucy who seem to have been randomly talking about mathematical writing of all things. The latter has her hat hanging from her neck strap. Making her blue eyes visible as she looked away from Lisa to the group before them. “Ah, hey guys.” She greets them with a low wave. For the most part beside her pallor skin and black garb she seemed fairly genial.

Lucy’s walking buddy looks over to the group as well. Notably much more nonchalant that her gothic sister. Setting her eyes on her siblings before briefly looking over to the Anubites. “Well met.” She plainly greets them. Not showing much interest to their guests on the surface level. Their brother then went to go through a quick round of introductions to get everyone up to speed. Their gothic sibling is named Lucy and she’s an author. And the other is Lisa who is a scientist.

After the exchange is dealt with. Lucy spoke up in curiosity. “Are you going to stay for dinner? We don’t mind cooking food for guests.” Like her brother she shows hospitality to guests. To take in the weary from the dark night and warm their shivering bones. Abraham gave a thoughtful look. While he does like dinners with just his family that doesn’t mean he dislikes having more people at the table to liven up the room more.

“That’s not a bad idea Lucy.” He remarks as he looks over to Clexmose and Ipwet. “If you wish you two can stay a bit longer to get a meal before heading on out. I’m sure Lily would especially like to cook food for you. She likes to cook food for our guests.” He gave them a friendly grin as he extended the offer. Of course they can tell he wouldn’t be too bothered if they rejected him. They do have responsibilities after all.

It was fairly easy for her to notice weapons such as those that are concealed. One just needs to pay attention to their gait, how they hold their stance, and among other subtle signs. For the most part it was a bit fun for her to absentmindedly check out the weapons for fun. A quick way to get a general sense of what sort of heat that everyday people carry is what they are packing. So it didn't take long for her to get the hint that Iammelonians like to be well protected. It was an interesting tidbit to learn that the Valorians seem to favor the axe. A good choice, not only is it good for hack and slash but also serves as a big hook.

Her brown eyes were drawn to voices that came rather close to her. She saw the duo settling down on the seat before her. What she heard piped her interest. How convenient for those who seem to be fighters to plop down right in front of her. Granted she guess it shouldn’t be too much of a surprise. Since it’s generally awkward at times to not pay attention to others when sitting in the same section she figures to speak up to slide in their conversation. “‘Sup fellas, pardon for intruding on the conversation.” She said with a cheeky grin as she gave a wave. “Name’s Lynn Zvonimir. I’m a tourist interested in checking out Valai for the arenas. As you can guess I don’t know much about all that stuff, let alone Iammelon. From the sound of it I take it you are quite reputational fighters there? As you can expect I never heard of you two before. So feel free to correct my affront.” Lynn spoke in a light joking manner. It was a win-win situation for both sides. Lynn starts to learn about their culture and they get to enlighten this tourist of their fame.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:00 am
Clexmose and Ipwet looked around as they walked, getting a better look at the gardens as they walked. The two Anubites didn't talk to eachother quite as much as they walked, as they were overall mostly just co-workers, not really friends and certainly not siblings. Ipwet did however listen closely to the siblings as they talked, for while it was nothing of import it was still interesting for her to see how close Abraham seemed to be with each sister. He really did seem to be the glue at the center of the family, and it seemed practically all of the sisters wanted time with him. She wondered how things would be when he wasn't around, they might slip up a bit more perhaps. Or less, it would be hard to tell until she saw it for herself. But in either case, she could tell that her own goals would likely be easier to accomplish once Abraham finally did something for himself, and didn't just exist to uplift his siblings. Would be healthier too, but she left those concerns to others. Her interests were that of the Empire.

Once they encountered Lucy and Lisa, the Anubites greeted the two new siblings and gave their own introductions. Clexmose was of course quite happy to meet more people, and Ipwet was seeing that this family did seem to have members who covered quite a few specialties. That was quite a nice bit of information to have. As for the offer of staying for a meal, that made the two Anubites think about it, for their own reasons. Clexmose tried to think if he had any obligations to worry about for the rest of the day, and decided he was open, so he nodded, "I'd be happy to stay for dinner! Best way to meet the family that's here, after all. Would be weird to just come back another day to finish those introductions! And no obligations to handle for me, so I can stick around without issue. How about you, Ipwet?"

The Amarna Lady-Lord considered it for a bit, then responded, "I believe I can spare the time for dinner, I do believe. I would have to leave earlier than Clexmose, as I have a few more duties to handle, but they are primarily paperwork. As such, I can simply handle those a bit later. So I can attend this dinner as well. What was your meal plan?"

-

The two fighters turned their attention to Lynn as she spoke up, and they did seem rather pleased that somebody started speaking to them and showed interest in their careers. The Valorian in particular was quite appreciative, looking over Lynn, about to speak before getting bonked on the head by the Taurus, who scolded her partner, "No. Do not start that, I am not dealing with that again. Keep it in your pants and out of your dirty mouth." She then looked back to Lynn and chuckled, "No trouble at all, Lynn, this ferry would be rather boring without some conversation! As for not knowing us, can't blame ya if you're a foreigner, haven't gotten our reputations out that far yet! As for our introductions, I am Valmira, the Bovine Basher. Silly nickname, I am aware, but the crowd often ends up being the one who decides the name and that is what I am stuck with. This little fiend is Telai."

The Valorian spoke up now, after giving Valmira a small glare for the telling off, "Telai, the Calamity Archer! I got the better title, as you should be able to tell. Two of us are a team, and while we aren't Grand Champions yet, we're very much on the up-and-up! Took a bit of a break to see the country some more, and give some suspense before our return to the arena. But we're on our way back now, gonna make a big show when we make our reappearance! If you're interested in the arenas, I suggest getting a ticket for that show, it's gonna be something good. After all, the point of this mode of justice is to give back to the community. You certainly got the body to get involved yourself, so maybe consider that. And if you do show up with that body, maybe you and I co-" She was cut off quickly with another bonk to the head from the Taurus. She gave Valmira another glare, but quieted herself anyways with a grumble.

Her partner then continued, "Telai is correct, we're making that return soon. Now, ignoring her inability to control her species instincts, I do actually wish to ask. Are you merely intent on watching, or are you interested in becoming a fighter yourself? There is a good career in it for volunteer fighters, those at least who do well."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:48 pm
“Typically we dine in the living room. We don’t usually have a special meal plan at times like tonight. So we whip up what we are craving for mostly. However since you’re here we’ll have dinner in the proper dining area.” The Zvonimir family prefers to eat in the living quarters due to the homely feel of it. They can sit, kick back, and watch television together or play games. When guests are over they have no problem with setting dinner up at a table. With that plan settled Abraham looked to his other sisters. “We’re taking a walk about the place. Want to come along?” He inquired.

Lucy gave a soft roll of her shoulders. “I don’t mind.” Her relaxed air was the same with Lisa. They didn’t seem averse to the idea of joining their stroll. Albeit Lisa seemed to not show as much interest. Specifically she didn’t have interest in getting to know the Anubites. Sure there was a facet here and there that begged her to learn more of. But for the most part they don’t offer her much. Lucy would benefit more from learning about the Anubites. Said sister held a less critical perspective of the Anubites. As such she didn’t feel it was a waste of time to socialize with them. “We saw Lily head by earlier to help Lana set up some marble blocks. So we could go over there to meet up with them”

“Given our friend here wants to meet more of us I see no problem with that. Let’s go to them then.” Abraham said with a smile. With that said the now larger group began walking. Like before the siblings broke up into more side conversations with one another. Lola converses with Lucy about how she found some Hoshizoran dresses that would look good on her to the dismay of Lucy’s blushing face in the thought of it. Lisa initiated small talk with Abraham. While they may be chatting the air did seem open for the Anubites to cut in to make a conversation of their own if they wish.

Lynn kept a nonchalant posture in the face of the Valorian first words. Not only out of sheer discipline but also out of the belief that only the weak get riled up so easily. That to get angry over a small slight serves nothing but to paint one's overinflated self-image. If there was one thing she learned over the course of her life. It’s that nothing can bring her peace but herself. While that lesson shamefully took awhile to get through her thick skull. What mattered that she came to learn how to better master herself in the end. Needless to say, that didn’t mean words don’t hurt or irritate her. She just learned how to hide and control it. Especially now where Telai seems to only care about her body for sexual gratification. Thinking on it she found it at least ironic in an amusing sense on how they denounce men while at the same time being no better than they are. She was almost tempted to make a sardonic remark about that but restrained herself. Last thing she wanted was to cause a fight on the ferry.

She looked over to Valmira. There was a sense that she used to deal with the fallout of Telai actions before and couldn’t blame her. Heeding the Taurus insistence to brush aside the Valorian behavior. Lynn opted to focus on the question given. “So I’ve heard. I’m a bit of a retired soldier where I came from. Me and my unit went through a lot of stuff. And now I’ve set down the brass I’ve been looking for places to keep me active. Stay in shape and all that. So the arenas felt like something worth being a fighter for.” She explained in a causal tone. Still appearing laid-back to the duo. Not showing how much Telai bothered her. It had been ages since she was treated like that. Ishnar Amzielean is for the most part gender abolitionist. The notion of sex and gender is especially vacant in the military. It all the more shows just how rare romance is and why it’s held more sacredly in their culture. Never once in the military had she been demeaned for her gender.

She then set her attention on the Valorian. Despite her impression so far she is interested in hearing more about the Valorians. After all, she can’t be a hypocrite and paint them all in a broad stroke. Every group has their fair share of degenerates. “Calamity Archer sounds like the title of a campy action flick. How did you get the crowd to name you that? Sounds like there is quite a story behind it.” Lynn figured she had to be a decent fighter despite her personality flaws.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:52 am
The Anubites were both quite fine with eating at a proper dining room. After all, both of them were nobles, and so they were quite used to the prospect of eating at a large, formal table in the dining room with many other people present. Of course the two of them even here had some differences. Clexmose was positive, as he enjoyed his own family dinners even under the formal cases. He was happy to sit at the dining table with a family. Ipwet meanwhile was not quite as positive towards it, but she of course attended quite a few of these. She could handle it. Regardless, Ipwet did find these two new arrivals interesting. Lisa seemed uninterested in the Anubites, so she supposed she must not find their ways interesting, and Lucy seemed more open. She noted that for later.

As they were walking, listening to the small talk, the two Anubites started thinking to themselves. Clexmose seemed to get curious about something he just thought of, and so spoke up, "So, I am curious. Do you all live together back in your homeland? Or do you all have your own residences and such? I can understand splitting up for work, like with Abraham being an ambassador, but I mean more for civilian times. I am curious if your family is like mine, where the core family can always feel secure in coming back to the Yuya fortress-palace when they want to relax for a while. Do you guys have a similar place?"

Telai was certainly shameless with her interests, although of course it was hard to tell if she was so single minded from that. It did seem however that self control was not something she was a master of, and her Taurus companion was clearly used to dealing with the fallout from it. Valmira meanwhile was certainly more controlled, having a degree of discipline in her attitude and stance that showed she likely had some experience. She certainly seemed amused at hearing that Lynn was apparently former military, "A soldier, eh? Well good for you that you got to retire willingly! Don't even look that old for a human-like, but I suppose looks are not a good way to tell. Them Ghashyr look young when humans look old too, so I suppose you may be the same. Anyways, back to the topic, the arena is quite different from a warzone, that's for sure. The rules of engagement are quite different, you'll have to learn a few new tricks. But that's not to say it's unenjoyable. It's more... expressionist, I would say. It'll certainly keep you in shape at least! Can't afford to get out of shape if you go professional, really."

The Valorian meanwhile grinned, seeing the opportunity to spread her own little brand. She jumped up, hands on her hips as she began to explain, "Quite simple really, it's because of how I fight! I'm a pretty good archer, but the crowd gets bored of headshots faster than you might expect. So I use my aim to not go for vital organs or the head, but their motory bits! Arms, legs, kneecaps, the like. A good shot in those places at the right time may make a foe trip over onto a nearby spike trap, for instance. Lose their balance while climbing and take a big tumble, or even stab themselves with their own weapon! Not to mention one can always aim for bits of the arena itself, like some particularly unstable platforms. So I got a reputation, when Telai is on the field; fortune is on her side! Of course, it ain't luck. It's all quite planned. But the crowd much prefer the spectacle of a graceful ranger who's nimble footwork keeps her safe while much more sluggish foes topple and fall from even non-fatal shots. But of course, me and Valmira here are a team! She's the rough and tumble type, makes sure that even if somebody gets close, they'll still crack. Either their skulls on the floor or their bones aganist her axe! Hoo-ha!" She held her fist out for Valmira, who after a sigh gave Telai the fist-bump she desired. With that, the Valorian finally sat down again, getting more calm, "Folks do dig the 'Ranger and Warrior' combo. Thematic, ya know? Suitable too that we got ourselves a little backstory as well."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:14 pm
Abraham was the first to speak up in response to the question. Looking out into the distance in thought. “We’re generally spread out. When we were young our first residence was a manor gifted to us. Nowadays only our eldest sister Lori lives there since it’s close to the capital where she does most of her business at. It had been expanded over time to house more of our kinsmen who stay for similar reasons. We do generally meet up there for family events.” He explained to the Anubite nonchalantly. Having been long used to his family be spread out in the great sea of stars.

Lisa continued the conversation. Speaking with a noticeable lisp. “For the most part we each came to acquire a bit of private real estate over the years that we stayed at. Beside that our extended family is all over. Whether it be living alone in an apartment, having a family in the suburbs, living aboard space stations like myself, or if possessing enough clot an entire planet. Lola and I have secured an inhabitant star system for Abraham and Luna.” The brother in question gave a slight smile in memory of being gifted a private respite on such a scale.

Lola let out a soft giggle in remembrance of that day. “Geez that was so long ago. We were in our early 500’s at the time. Aah the romanticism still makes me blush. An entire garden world for our love birds to fly free. It’s considered to be their main home. Any children they bring into the world and move out typically either move to another planet in the system to be nearby or go somewhere else to find their own path. That world is truly their private paradise.”

Lucy seemed to like thinking about that subject. She enjoyed seeing her siblings happy together in a world away from a cold and uncaring universe. Listening to the conversation she noticed a pair of her other siblings in the distance that were standing around a block of marble in some conversation. One the Anubites already met before and nother they haven’t. Both in artist aprons. The sister in question was similar to Lola which is a given since they are twins. Only she strangely possesses animal-like traits. Her tiger tail lazily waving behind her and similar tiger like ears gave a twitch at the sound of the group footfalls.

Turning her head she gave a cheeky grin when she saw the group. “Hey-o guys!” She called out as she came over to them. Given Lucy wasn’t in the conversation she took the initiative to get Lana up to speed and introduce her to the group. Lily came over with her hair tied back in a ponytail. Given the mats around the area they seem to have been both at work throughout the day. “Wow, you both look so cute!” Lana chimes as she comes up to the front of the group. Giving the two a puppy like stare of sugar and cuteness.

Lola stifles a giggle at her sister's antics. “Do excuse my quirky twin. And to get the elephant out of the room yes, Lana has actual animal traits as a result of her specialization in Beast Magecraft and other related things.” Her twin gave an affirming nod. Striking a pose to show off her features before giggling.

Lana’s gaze first set on Clexmose so she chose her to ask a question. “Say do you like physical stimulation too? I love getting attention. Ear and chin scratches, headpats. And belly rubs! I really like it when my big bro does it, he’s really good at massages. It gets better when his wife joins in and tag-team me. Leaving me a melted puddle of bliss.” Lana shamelessly expressed as she went over to hug her brother. A loud purr came from her when he gave a chuckle as he gave Lana a head pat and two.

Lynn let a short chuckle at the mention of her youth. She knew it’ll be a subject to be frequently brought up in the future. “We have great medicare back in my homeland. Although not to the point of curing ‘aging. You can't cure 'aging' broadly; you can only cure the specifics one at a time. This includes both the modes of action of the original types of deterioration, as well as specific illnesses/diseases that result from damage/deterioration. So even while my siblings and I are a one of a kind in our homeland who if we haven't immigrated into there we would have had the same life expectancy as a human. But thanks to their medical technology we manage to stay healthy a lot longer. That aside yeah, used to be a general for a long while. I eventually felt it was my time to resign to let fresh blood take my seat. I’ve served a fair amount of time for my homeland. So I don’t feel bad about stepping away.” She remarks in a relaxed manner. At peace with such a big decision.

Lynn listens to the duo talk about themselves and area. Enjoying the dynamic that they were displaying. “I think I can understand the importance of being expressful in a performance. One of my sisters is a playwright so usually against my will, listen to her talking about the importance of connecting with the crowd. I can somewhat empathize it. Used to be a stereotypical jock back in the day. Being out in the field and listening to the roar of the crowd when you win something is electrifying. Heh, with that said it does seem like you have a solid theme going on in the eyes of the crowd. So do you really want me in the team? I don’t want to ruin the thing you have going on. Mmm well I suppose to complete the archetype trinity I could be the ‘Muscle’ Wizard to the Rogue and Warrior.” She said half-jokingly. While calling herself a wizard is nonsense in her homeland. Her physical feats here would look otherworldly.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:21 am
It was certainly an interesting tidbit for Clexmose to hear about their own private star system, Anubites hadn't had those since the peak days of their Empire. Unless that system was entirely empty, which may have made more sense, but it was pretty clear from the talks that said system did have a rather pretty atmosphere. He wondered of the logistics of that, did they have paid people keeping the system alright while they were away? Were they feudal lords with servants and population centers in service to them? They didn't look like slavers so he discarded that idea, but still quite possible they had family servants! He'd have to figure that out later, as for now they were encountering a new sister.

Clexmose waved to Lily and then moved his attention to Lana. She was certainly an interesting one, seemed to have good spirits and of course there was the fact she had the animal bits. Which made sense once Lola gave the explanation that it was down to her form of magic, so there was little confusion there. But what made Clexmose pause was her rather shameless admittance to liking the physical stimulation, but he did respond, "Well, uhm, I suppose the answer is yes? Anubites generally do enjoy scratches under the ears and on the neck, and I suppose pats too. So I would assume that I would enjoy that as well, if it happened. It's just that when it comes to Anubite culture, such stimulation is more of an intimate thing. One that somebody does with a lover or on a particularly good occasion. Families do the pats, but the scratches and belly rubs are definitely more on the lover side. So, uh, getting double-teamed for that is... Odd to hear. Although I guess that's just a cultural thing, so the answer to the question is still yes." He decided not to add that being reduced to a "puddle of bliss" on top of what he just said was even weirder to hear, very different meaning to an Anubite.

Meanwhile, Ipwet chuckled, "You should not be too awkward there, Clexmose. Let her enjoy a healthy bit of family affection, not all cultures are quite like ours." She then turned her head towards Lana, "Beast Magecraft, that is your trade? What do you use that particular style of magic for? I could see usage for that among druids or conservationists, but I am curious as to what you use it for."

Valmira certainly seemed amused that Lynn's explanation for it was healthcare, but it did seem to satisfy her, "Well then you are indeed much older than you look! All the same, good on you for making that choice. I can tell you from experience that it is much better to choose to walk away rather than be forced out. Step out at a good time, rather than get kicked out the door. All the same, that experience should serve you well." 

Telai smiled, giving a nod, "A playwright! Exactly the sorta thing the arena is served well by. Because that's really what it is, a live improv-play! All for the entertainment of the crowd, with drama and expression! Good fun, and you'll get that electric feeling again once they start cheering. As for the team, it's hard to say that I am one-hundred percent certain about adding you to the team, because I still haven't seen you in action myself. But of course, the other part of being a gladiator means taking risks! And this is a risk worthwhile, I'd say. If you prove yourself, we get to set up a story of how you came onto the team, and we get to have a good, capable trinity! And even if you don't end up with us, it's still good to have friends in the arena. Friends are good, because you can have the silent agreement not to kill. The crowd doesn't mind either if you put up a good show-fight too! They love little recurring battles. Important bit about the arena there in fact, the fight can end without everyone dying. Knock outs count too, as do those who yield after putting up a fight that the crowd decides was good enough. And then there are the 'escape' attempts." She made the air quotes with her fingers as she said that, to show it was clearly not true.

The Taurus nodded to that, explaining, "Escaping pretty much never happens. And if they do, they are always planned. Sometimes the escapee knows that, and other times they don't. But generally it's always a setup to corral the escapee into a locked room filled with cameras and one other famous gladiator, and they can have a dramatic duel. The gladiator pretty much always wins since they get to bring in fancy armor and weapons, and they can talk about the importance of justice. The crowds love the little escapes that get thwarted by champions of justice. But just in case they pretty much always have a battalion of guards waiting, just in case. I got to be one such champion once, it was interesting."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Two things occurred during the time it took for Clexmose to explain the cultural difference. As if she were a cat, Lana nuzzles Abraham before climbing up on him. Her body bending around him to get on his back. Her brother gave a resigned yet light hearted sigh as he accepted giving her a piggyback ride. Placing his hands around under her thighs to hold her up while she lazily drapes her arms over his shoulder. Lana set her chin on top of his head with a happy grin. Meanwhile Lucy was chatting with Lily about how their guests were staying for dinner. Lily seemed excited to cook for them. Putting away her apron to the side she went to head to the kitchens. Brining Lucy along who wished to help out.

Near Clexmose the other twin gave a sly grin in amusement. Watching Clexmose trying to comprehend what he is seeing is quite adorable. “Oh no my dear, it’s certainly not a cultural thing. They’re a special case. It’s as you said, what they have is rather intimate but not the point of lovers. Imagine a pet that nestles in the blanket with you and gives you unconditional love. And vice versa. That is Lana’s role in their dynamic. A loyal companion.” Lana gave a bird-like chirping sound in affirmation.

She let out a giggle. Her tail wrapping around his waist. “Hehehe my twin is on the mark. It’s a me thing. My magic makes me quite beastly.” Her physiology has been altered in a manner where her primal impulses are far more pronounced. She would often get the urge to fly, to swim, to run, and ect. As a result she became more free spirited and simple minded.

Ipwet pulled Lana's attention to the Lady-Lord. Flashing here a grin as she went to answer her question. “Yup! Though it’s a bit hard for me to summarize what I do. My resume is quite long. Mm I suppose it’s anything involving the outdoors really. Like fishing, exploring, excavation and that sort of thing. I’ve worked as a mechanic and a veterinarian. All in all my magecraft is useful in a lot of situations. When I went to the Clockwork City (Basically a big ole university type deal) I took a class in Basic Beast Magecraft because I like animals. Their version looks like this.” She holds her arm to the side which became enshrouded in a blue aura that took the shape of a wolf arm and paw. “I infuse myself with the Mystery surrounding the beasts of the animal kingdom to bring out the bestial nature within me. This gives me animal-like qualities and abilities. I can encase my body and limbs in magical energy that can mimic various animals and magical creatures.” She disperse the magical aura around her limb to bring it back around Abrahams neck. “Later on I learned how to physically change by going to a Druid Circle for Advance Beast Magecraft.”

Lynn gave a nod in understanding. She was beginning to get a grasp of the entire system. It’ll be a new experience for her. Especially since it’ll help her further train her self-control over her strength. She can tell they won’t like one-note fights. Cocking her head to the side in thought she gave a question. “So how does a volunteer fighter sign up? I’m sure there is the typical registration process and all that. But are there any other notable things about it?” She doubted they would let anyone be a volunteer fighter in the arena. People would rather want to see people with actual martial training than some drunk who thought he could out punch a Taurus. “Beyond that, what is the general structure of the fighter system?”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:41 am
(Slash)

The first to speak up was Valmira, who was more calm and professional in explaining, as she had likely done it before, "There is indeed some offices in which you sign up in, attached to the gladiatorial arenas in which they are recruiting for. As you might expect there is a lot to do with contracts, legal agreements, and all that stuff to ensure that you are doing it legally. But there is indeed more to it than just putting your name on a paper and agreeing to the prospect of getting beat up. The first bit is a medical checkup, where they check you to ensure you are of legal age, physically fit enough to take a few punches, and finally a psychological evaluation. They have to make sure you are sober and in complete knowledge of what you are signing up for, completely aware of what will happen to you, what you must do, and the potential things that happen to you. The checkup is to ensure you don't breakdown either physically or mentally in the arena, as that does not reflect well on the arena. Then they also generally require that you make some displays of martial capability. A certificate from a martial arts center, a military record, a commendation from a respectable mercenary band, or even just some show fights at the sign up center itself. All of these work. If you were a general, you'll be quite fine. Mind you, all of this is just for the volunteers. The non-volunteer fighters aren't treated quite as well."

As the Taurus sat back, her Valorian companion happily leaned forward to handle the other question. Telai grinned, "Well the fighter system is a complicated little ranking system, and it's a bit different for volunteers vs. criminals. But it can be broken down into a few types of gladiators. At the lowest ranks are just the basic fighters, fresh meat. Less qualified volunteers and all criminals go in this rank, going through non-lethal basic brawls to get them prepared for the proper fights! No crowds for these, they're little private things. Fighters are effectively just being trained so they can put up at least a decent performance in the actual matches. The ones in the real fights are gladiators! Volunteers are these generally, as are criminals of decent enough sentencing to require it. This is where the fun happens! Gladiators make up the bulk of participants in the major fights, and they are watched by an active crowd! Exciting stuff, I remember my time there. But if a Gladiator does well enough and is enjoyed by the crowd, they become a challenger! Challengers are professionals, like me and Valmira here, we're challengers. This is a rank where you can get proper pay, and arena supported themes! This is the rank where I got allowed to bring my bow into the fight. Challengers are experienced and dangerous, and put on the very best shows."

Leaning in again, Valmira took over, "Of course Challengers aren't at the top. The top fighters of each arenas are the Champions. The true crowd favorites and extremely skilled fighters, Champions earn their names. They almost never are in the basic matches, they need to be brought in by special request, audience vote, or in the proper themed battles generally as leaders of teams. They are pretty much always themed. Get paid really well too. Those are the usual top ranks, but in the High Matriarch's Royal Arena, there is one rank above, the Grand Champions. Those are the Matriarch's favorites, often directly sworn to her service. They have gone past just being professional fighters, they're direct retainers to the Matriarch, and they often do things outside the arena as well. Pretty hard to get there, and I doubt I'll ever manage it, but it's a luxurious lifestyle. Granted, you do have to swear fealty, but if you're that far along it ain't much of an ask."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:15 am
Figments of her past float across her vision at the mention of a psychological evaluation. Listening to Valmira she looked out the window. Watching the great currents of Ether flowing by. Memories going by like tears in the rain. She’s not worried about the evaluation. It’s not the first time she had to hide the blood on her hands. To brush off the dirt on her boots. War is not a gentle thing. So she doubts anyone would expect a retired general to be a shining beacon of morality. With that thought she readjust her sitting posture. Getting feet off the table to lean on it with her forearms. Her eyes swept back to the duo. “Doesn’t sound too bad. I’m up for a show up fight. Action speaks louder than words after all.” That and she doesn’t have much in terms of identification on her. Sure she has the essentials. But nothing that goes over her feats. She then gives a nod to the explanation of the ranking system. “I like the sound of starting with private fights. As you said it’s about training a fighter for the arena. Something I definitely need to break my fighting style. Prolonging a fight is not something I’m used to.” She was a lightning bruiser. Honed to kill her marks as quickly and efficiently as possible. Her body was a weapon in more ways than one.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:57 am
Telai gave a thumbs up in agreement to Lynn in that regard, "Indeed! And actions are what matter here most of all! Words help, sure. People love catch phrases and little speeches. But in the arena, if those words aren't backed up by supporting actions, they mean nothing. So better to act first, talk after. Quite embarrassing if you got big talk and then get toppled in a fight!" She then chuckled, leaning back.

The Taurus nodded, as Valmira agreed there, "Yes, that's an important lesson. Quick kills are viewed poorly in the arena unless they are very flashy. And even then, crowds prefer long fights which have the look of a hard-fought battle. So, make it good. Don't aim to win, aim to impress. I had to learn that myself. Still, is good to remember the good skills, for when you are in a proper fight. The better the opponent, the less you have to hold back."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:17 pm
She bobs her head in understanding. Getting a good picture of the in and out of the system. Leaning back onto the seat she then spoke up. “I think I’m getting the gist of it. You’ve been both a great help so thanks for that. Got any tips for a newbie like me?” There was no harm in learning everything she could. One thing she learned over the years was that everything has some use to it one way or another. Every bit of information helps in formulating a course of action. Whether that may be tracking someone or uncover something about them.

Therefore she should also get to know the general scope of fighters. “On another note. I get the sense there must be a lot of fighters out there. What are your favorite gladiators?” She gave them a fun question. With all the emphasis on themes it’s not a stretch to imagine there must be an array of colorful warriors throughout such a long history. It made her a bit pumped in thinking about how many legends were made in the arena before the audience's eyes.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:59 am
Valmira thought about it for a moment, leaning her head back as she thought about things she would have liked to know when she got started. And then she thought of a few things, and proceeded to nod to Lynn, "Yeah, I got a couple. Get to know the other gladiators of note if you can, make a few allies. This way you have people you don't need to worry about, and you can focus on fighting off the others. Establishing agreed territories of activity, basically. It helps a lot. Oh! And don't piss off the overseers and announcers. You want them to like you, so they will point out your actions more often. Favoritism is present, be ready for it, and preferably try to be the favorite. Finally, talk to the crowd when you get in the real matches. The crowd much prefers those who seem more alive, and not just emotionless killing machines. Make jokes, declarations, call out specific individuals, anything. Just talk." Her Valorian companion nodded in agreement, not having anything to add.

With that, both of them thought for a bit. Telai was the first to speak, excited, "Well, I suppose my current favorite is a champion in the royal arena! She's an Ialao that goes by the title of 'The Beastmaster". Got famous after taming a massive Proscorine Deathbear that they put in the arena, and she works with him in the arena. The bear is named 'Snapper'. And it's not because of his bite, it's because he snaps people's spines! Picks them up and crushes em! She rides it, but also has a big pitchfork! I like her, very bold." She then turned to the Taurus, who thought a bit longer and then spoke, "Well, I like one guy in our own arena actually. Illusio, the Cuthian. Magic is frowned upon in most cases, but Illusio prefers illusions and uses them cleverly. It's enjoyable to see such a unique style, breaks the mold."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:14 pm
The image of a crumpled mockery of a human body came to the forefront of her thought when hearing about the Deathbear. She was mixed about the brutality of the arena but felt it was a fitting place for her. Where else would accept an old war hawk like her. She lost count of all the battles she was involved in and the forces she fought. Artodeme, M'hassari, Duxton, and more. Too many she mused. It was too much at times. All she was is the bullet in the gun of the enigmatic gunmen that pointed her to unfortunate souls. How many times she was fired she doesn’t know. Much like how a soldier doesn’t know how many people he killed in a firefight. Because to soldiers like herself, they dehumanize their enemies. They are not faces, only obstacles in the way of the objective. It had been so long that not even that certain stench fazes her anymore. The sick stench of blood that hangs in the air. The pungent aroma of gunpowder that files the area.  The entire world reeking with the rotten stench of murder. There were the odors of madness. These were the odors of calamity. These were the odors of demons.

Yeah...the arena is a fitting place for her. Stuffing her hands in her jacket pockets she let out a low whistle. “Jeez, that's pretty brutal. I guess it’s a surreal experience to watch. I get the feeling the audience probably like seeing bold and unique finishers.” To think she would be chatting with someone about murder being commercialized as a blood sport. She didn’t think it was wrong but there was something buried deep within her that couldn’t help but feel empathy. Suppressed by centuries of conditioning. Only clinging on out of sheer stubbornness. A distant voice in the deep dark void telling her that this wasn’t right. It was not normal. But was a soldier’s life ever normal to begin with? There’s a reason why warriors can’t adjust well to civilian life.

Withholding a sigh she felt she had done enough gloomy pondering. There was something else she wanted to talk about before getting to the Valorian homeworld. Looking over to Telai a tad sheepishly, she manages to speak out without stammering. “Telai about before. I’m not offended by what you said or anything. Felt like saying that before we got to Valai.  I admit I’m bi but I’m still experimenting. Saying that I had wanted to ask about your culture so I can avoid any misunderstandings. I’ve only heard about you guys from second-hand sources, some not so flattering, so I don’t know your whole deal and whatnot.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:14 am
Telai smiled, giving a cocky smirk to Valmira. The Taurus rolled her eyes as the Valorian looked back to Lynn and shrugged, "Eh, no real offense was taken. Look, should be obvious I got my interest, the stereotype of we Valorians being majority lesbian isn't exactly incorrect. Buuut, we do have our barriers, and most of us respect the barriers of others. We're quite active but we ain't as aggressive as some folks pin us to be. They just find us a bit unnatural so assumptions are lumped on top. I ain't offended really, but I am happy to hear you're doing your best to understand! And I would be lying to say I am not also pleased to hear about that apparent experimentation."

Valmira poked Telai, "Please don't ruin what was actually a pretty decent moment of cultural understanding. Now, time to get ready, we're arriving. Seems time goes quite fast with good conversation." She then pointed out the windows, and they could see that Valai was now in sight. A nice world with green continents and blue waters, it was certainly a cleaner world in comparison to metropolises like Avalantus or Javalus. Their destination would be a Starport in Zuzros, a major city named after the royal family of the Valorians. And then, Valmira spoke up to give additional context, "Zuzros, our city. We work in its arena, and it's a pretty good one. Lots of compeitition and good work, but it's not overwhelming like trying your hand in the royal arena in the capital. Don't have to deal with the crazy masses attempting to get the Matriarch's attention, or the rather powerful fighters there. Zuzros has good fighters, in a good dose, and the arena is quite well built. Pretty modern since it had to be rebuilt following the Psion Invasion, and that meant updating the facilities to modern standards. Only arena now who's construction rivals the royal one in quality, so it's pretty nice. Time to get ready for landing..."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:31 pm
Lynn out the window to gaze at the approaching world. She heard snippets about it from her brother who came here from time to time to turn in bounties. Last time was a few months ago when her family was and still is in a rough spot. The war was sputtering its last gasps. Confedies forces were starting to route and flee from their positions. At the time there were plenty of bounties at the time to turn in war criminals dead or alive. While Lola had finances she could dig up she needed time. So her brother took the window of opportunity to hunt down bounties for a quick buck. Something he never did before due to reasons she can’t blame him for, but they were in a precarious position and they needed the money. To him it was worth betraying his values if it meant helping his family. Frustration built up in her gut in remembrance of that moment. She hated the fact that he did that but she hated herself more for her own weakness.

Brushing aside her thoughts once more she looked back over to the pair. “Sounds like a good place. I’m looking forward to checking it out with you guys. First time here as you can guess. I heard about some good restaurants in Zuzros from my brother. He comes here once in a while. Even went to watch a match at the big royal arena. Well with that said we should start getting loaded up.” She remarked as she stood from her seat. Grabbing the strap to her bag as she slings it over her shoulder.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:46 am
Valmira gave a nod, "Sure, it's good to know the city after all if you intend to stick around. Can't just spend all your time in the arena, and of course you need to decide between the arena barracks and other accommodations. I'd recommend the latter, the barracks ain't exactly great unless you're a champion." She then grabbed the luggage for both herself and Telai, rather effortlessly lifting it up as a show of her own strength as a well-built Taurus. With that, the two gladiators got up so they could prepare for departure, heading towards the ferry's doors as it began the landing procedure. 

As the Ether Ferry landed at the Starport, its doors opened. One large gate for departures, and one large gate for those getting aboard for the next trip. Valmira and Telai of course went straight for departures, exiting the Ferry and seeming quite pleased to be home. Telai put her hands on her hips and stretched her back, "Aaaah, feels good to move! And better yet to be home. I like traveling, don't get me wrong, but it's nice to have a place with roots, where you can always come back to and feel at home! I was born in Zuzros, you know! Been here a lifetime. Valmira here is more an immigrant to the city, but she's gotten adapted, eh?" She nudged her Taurus companion, who rolled her eyes but did end up nodding, "Yes, I'll grant that. I was born back on Minos, but I've grown to like this city. Plus, it's where I work now, so I have also gotten used to its ways."

From the Starport's entrance-way, Lynn would be able to get a good look at the city thanks to the starport being built atop a large hill, overlooking the urban center. It was a rather large settlement, with an oddity in its design. The center of the city was more archaic in design, an older city from an older time before spacetravel, likely preserved. But the further out you went, the more modern the design got. Leading to a strange design where in the center of the city there was an old royal palace for the matriarch, straight out of the middle ages, but on the outskirts there were full Skyscrapers. The most imposing building of all was, as one could expect, the Zuzros Arena. It was built in a zone that transitioned between the modern and older architectural designs, although its own design leaned far more on the modern side as the Gladiators had said. It was a massive, oval-shaped structure built of pristine metal, with a silver shine to it. It was not open top, but rather it seemed to be topped by a massive glass dome. It also had the interesting feature of a giant TV-Screen built into its side, which seemed to mostly be playing advertisements. Some more general, like one for a burger joint, and others specific to gladiators themselves. One advertised gladiator was a masked human, with the scree-name of "The Infamous Volki". The Arena was, in turn, surrounded by various other buildings that functioned to accommodate it and the needs of arena-goers, from restaurants to hotels to more specialized establishments.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:49 pm
Lynn saunters through the large gate with her newfound group of acquaintances. A soft grin present on her face as she took in all the simulations. The decent weather, the glimmering modern towers in contrast to the more archaic structures, the smell of food wafting through the air from the various small restaurants near the Starport. Everything did feel foreign to her but that was the best part she came to appreciate. To enjoy the small things in life when she can. For she doesn’t have much else. “No argument there. I’m like those Proscorine folks. Traveling is in my blood. So it’s always nice to visit someplace new. Especially big cities like this.” She looked out to the urban center. A sense of sonder welling within her.

The Zuzros Arena then got her attention. Earning a low whistle from her in awe at how big it was. “You guys sure have a fancy place. I can’t imagine what the one in the capital must be like in comparison to this one. What were your favorite matches you two partook there?” She lobs a casual question to keep the talkative air going as they make their way to one of the buildings. The gleam of the glass enclosure caught her attention. Making her wonder if it was also a smart screen to help set up the theme of whatever match is going on. It’s a cool thought that they could give the impression of fighting on another world for reenactment. Thinking on it she suppose it makes sense for them to be so innovative in order to keep up with the times and keep things feeling fresh to the public.

The world is vibrant. Life teems around her. The pleasant breeze passing by. Her heart soaring. The limbs of the trees nearly invisible to her eye as she fluidly leap from one to the next in a ceaseless apace. She didn’t know where she was. There was no need to. For everything the sunbeams touched is her territory. A breadth that goes far and wide. Across the boundless greens and blues. There was nowhere on this island of the red sea that she didn’t set foot on.

If her beastly mind were to think on it. This was the second closest thing she considers a ‘Home’. A place to return to after her long hunts. Whether it be in those cold jungles of concrete and metal, the arid dunes of the black kin, and even the rugged mountain that give birth to great beasts that take flight to the great sky above. That latte place was another island she felt close to. But not as much as here.

The leaves are undisturbed from her gentle momentum across the treetops. The progression of her leaps becoming longer was a telltale sign that the forest was thinning out. She was exiting a dense part of the forest and was probably getting near to civilization. That was her thought as she then became proven wrong when there was no branch to land on. Prompting her to land on unhealthy undergrowth.

Her vulpine ears twitch at the odd lack of noises she came to expect to hear from the land. The fur on her streamlined body bristles as realization hits her like a train. She remembers now. Of who came and left a horrible scar on the land. Before her was a swath of which used to be a lush part of woodlands reduced to a horrid mockery. The trees now black angry fangs protruding from the ashen earth for miles around. She had friends here. Small ones who were too young to escape the red flowers. The sky was black and heavy on those days. Then they came in their metal boxes that seemed to be pitiful compared to ones she had seen before on other worlds. Carrying plump outsiders she never seen before.

And the worst part about it. They didn’t care. There was no guilt or remorse on their faces. Only jovial arrogance as they went on. Trampling over homes. Across the bones of innocent families. It had been a long time since she felt such a heavy rage course through her. Red was all she saw. They didn’t expect her to charge from nowhere and were slaughtered like the swine they were.

How many did she tore through? A hundred? A thousand? She didn’t care to remember. They don’t deserve that honor. Not after what they did to her home. To her friends. The plump outsiders were confident at first. Assuming she was just some stray beast attacking them. But that melted away to fear the larger and more monstrous she became. At first she was tearing them limb from limb. Spraying the blackened bark red. Then she started to crush their pathetic metal boxes beneath her vulpine paws. They routed in panic as the now giant golden she-wolf tore through their lines.

She didn’t cease their hunt. They were a virus that needed to be purged. Then they came. Standing in her path were a group of kin that came from these very trees. Kin that could speak to them unlike the outsiders. She saw them holding up their staves glimmering with light. They were trying to communicate with her. To convince her to stop and retreat to the forest away from their ‘War’. Shame, regret, and guilt reeked off of them. Which only further enraged her in confusion. From her wolfen maw she manages to bark forth a coherent expression of outrage.

”Sorry?! Sorry?! Is that all you have to say for this! Look around you! Families lived here! Life was here! Life that gave birth to you and nurtured you! For countless moons it allowed you to live among us! And this?! This is how you show your so called love!? By turning your backs on us?! By letting in strange outsiders to violate us?! You betrayed us! I hate you!”

Her accusation struck them further than her fangs could ever reach. Some succumb to their sorrow as they fell to their knees weeping. Some lost the will to resist her. For she spoke the truth. They could even feel it from her. She was like a lightning rod for life. As such the anger, fear, and pain of the stolen life clung to her like how the ashen floor dirty her coat. In the midst of that chaotic cloud of primal emotions there was one common thought. Why? Why did our supposed protectors forsaken us?

She towered over them. A behemoth of pure, raw anger. They could not have stopped her if they even bothered to try. But she didn’t strike them down. In the maelstrom of raging emotions she remembered what her precious brother once said. If people showed true regret, it’s a better punishment to let them live. To have them wake up everyday to their sins staring straight back at them. A deep growl reverberated in her chest. They did show pain of their transgressions. With a huff she turned away and bounded back into the forest a distance away.

That had been a few years now. Over the course of their ‘War’ she had the time to go around to take out the red flowers now that the strange light stopped talking to her two years before that. She could recall morphing into a great flying kaiju that was a strange cross between a whale and a manta ray to carry vast quantities of water from the sea to douse places that were burning. The plump ones didn’t like the fact she was taking out the red flowers they planted. At first they struck her from afar with their long firesticks that took entire groups of them to man. And even their metal birds pelting her with fire and explosion.

None of it ever came to hurting her. She had taken the precaution to make the outer layer of her body be tough enough to take on their assault. But she did notice they were weaker than normal. Usually these things can wear down her hide a lot quicker. That aside she was too focused on her task to care. She was angry to be sure but at the time she was more confused. Eventually they seem to stop for some reason and didn’t bother her anymore for the rest of those years.

Then a few months ago she noticed the plump ones were slowly leaving for the great red sea aboard their flying ships. Whenever she saw them taking off in groups into the sky she would always come to harass them as a monstrous sky beast. Pushing them around like leaves from the flow of air from her wingbeats and fly bys. Whenever she was near to the windows she could see the sheer fear on their faces. She relished in that. For she wanted to strike fear into their hearts. To show that if she wanted to she could easily kill them here and there. That they are nothing but weak, powerless worms that only feel strong by trampling over the weak. So she lets them leave with her visage seared into their brains. A warning loud and clear to everyone.

Never return to Freeforest.

Nowadays she is just traveling across the land. Checking on sites where the land had been scarred. To her joy she could see that life was slowly returning as it always has. Tree saplings poking through the underbrush. Flowers popping up here and there. It’ll take a long time for it to heal but it’s a start. While sad she still bore a small hopeful smile. Finishing her reminiscing she continued her trek. Walking through the scarred land on her two feet. Taking the time to have a relaxing pace. The breeze kept brushing against her furred body. While she was very much naked, she had a very light coat of fur that covered her enough around her waist area. Her chest, stomach, and back are the only parts that were fur less. She likes the sensation of a cold breeze on bare skin.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum