Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc II: Genesis of Fire [Eteru/Iammelon]  Empty Heulyn's Adventures - Arc II: Genesis of Fire [Eteru/Iammelon]

Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:48 pm
It has been a few months since Heulyn experienced the closing of the wars that ravaged Hoshizora. Festivities were still frequent within the Anubite aristocracy. If she was not spending time on her studies she was brought along to social events both formal and informal. Rubbing elbows with even the lesser known households. Many were interested in meeting the High Lord’s apprentice. For reasons she can safely guess are not entirely candid. Having been aware of what is going around in the rumor mill. There were nobles who were open with their intention. Subtly influencing her with Anubite ideals and thoughts.

One group of fairly odd spirits who lived for quite awhile have seen potential in Heulyn to gravitate towards Anuocentrism. As if she was a mother cat who saw her kit venturing too far, Tarset dragged Heulyn away. Not wishing her friend to be exposed to such touchy subjects so early in her education.

Heulyn could not help but think that they did have good arguments despite the radical nature of it.

When she was not being blatantly groomed by the nobility to serve their agenda. She lingers around Sethus to interact with figures of great renown from other Iammelonian states. Something she knew Sethus supported as he wanted her to develop an open mind. Having pride in one's nationality is a good thing but in the end, she is still an Iammelonian first, Anubite second.

One acquaintance she came to forge a connection with was the Zantine Emperor Zenos. They share a kindred understanding of being a fish out of water when it comes to accepting other cultures as their own. He empathizes with how it must feel to first come to a strange world surrounded by strange people. Happily sharing stories of his introduction into Talmyrox culture. In turn she shared stories as well.

As the night wore on they became ever so slightly looser. Talking to each other as the people they were under their formal persona. Heulyn enjoyed listening to him talk about his beloved wife Myrafiora. The more she listened she could not help but get thoughts about having a future with a significant other. Zenos seem to pick up on her musings. Bringing up a question whether or not she overcame that biological impulse of seeing someone as “Alien” and starting to see them as a “Person”.

She’d admitted that she has been seeing those around her as handsome more often. Both not noticing how a few canine ears twitch around the ball room. Zenos smiled hearing that. Saying he has a strange feeling she’ll find her significant other soon. A intuition she’ll understand when that time comes.

Outside of these events she continues to spend time with her friends. At the current moment she was enjoying brunch at a rather rustic restaurant. Its aesthetic alone won her over. She was seated with Clexmose and Tarset in a booth waiting for their order. Nonsensically chatting with each other. Wholly unprepared for the catalyst that will set off a chain of events that will shake the entire empire.
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc II: Genesis of Fire [Eteru/Iammelon]  Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc II: Genesis of Fire [Eteru/Iammelon]

Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:47 am
As the batch of nobles and one apprentice were waiting for their meal, the next person to approach the table was not the waiter. It was not a lord either, nor anybody any of those waiting would recognize. It was an Anubite in black cloth, a hood over his head, with a white mask that covered his face. His footsteps were entirely silent, and even his spiritual presence was expertly masked. Clexmose would be the first to notice him, thanks to his own refined sensory awareness. He silently gestured towards the approaching figure, making the other two at the table aware of him. Notably, he also carefully placed his right hand closer to his staff, keeping himself ready. Although Heulyn would've noticed that Clexmose was actually always quite cautious like this, he simply hid it well in most situations, only the additional exposure she had to him over the last few months would let her pick up on this.

Regardless, the Yuya Lord's caution was ultimately unneeded, as the cloaked figure simply drew a white letter from his cloak and placed it down in front of Heulyn, speaking quickly, "This is for you. Read it. Goodbye." With that, he turned and simply left. 

Clexmose, after watching the figure for a few more seconds as he left, then looked to the letter and spoke up, "Seems somebody has got a message. Hold on a moment." He waved his hand over the letter, and then gave a nod of assurance, "Alright, nothing bad there. And... Oh, hold on now. Get a look at the seal!"

The letter, while quite unremarkable in most ways, had a large noble seal acting as the clasp, marking it as more important than just a regular letter, or even one from any normal lord. This was something Heulyn would've seen with letters Sethus often got or sent out, but usually on those seals would be the mark of House Rwim. The mark here was quite different, but one Heulyn would be able to recognize from her studies and a brief meeting she had before; it was the mark of House Ithkar. And based on the seal's design being imperial, there was only one individual that it could be from. 

The logical deduction had been made by both other Anubites at the table as well, with Tarset being visibly shocked, "Anrak's seal? I've only seen one of these once before. When I became Lady-Lord, I got such a letter, congratulating me on my accession to leading my family and passing consolation for my father's passing. It wasn't a surprise then, Lord Anrak stays up to date with current events and the status of the major noble families. He gave good advice too! Still, this is not quite the occasion he sends letters out for, not that I know of at least! I wonder if you're about to get recruited... Read it!" Clexmose didn't offer additional comment, he simply gave a nod to Tarset's suggestion. They were both very curious.

Once the letter was opened, within was a very short message, "At your nearest available time, come to my wing of the Imperial Capital Fortress. We must speak of things that have past, and things to come." It wasn't even marked at the end, holding only that simple set of words. Anrak certainly wasn't the sort to mince words.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc II: Genesis of Fire [Eteru/Iammelon]  Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc II: Genesis of Fire [Eteru/Iammelon]

Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:11 pm

The letter felt heavy in her hands despite being nothing but paper. Holding abstract significance that she doesn’t know the meaning behind. Not knowing until much later when she looks back on this day that this mere letter. The seemingly simple piece of parchment was where the seeds to her astronomic rise to preeminence were planted and subsequently snowballed from there. Alas she does not have that foresight. Nothing but the sense of something big about to happen. Opening it with a letter opener, her starlit eyes read the contents within before looking up with similar expressions to them. “It's a summons. I’m to be in his wing at the Imperial Capital Fortress when able.”

It felt strange to be singled out. Ever since she became the Apprentice to the High Lord she’d been his satellite. Always with him to important gatherings but never in the center spotlight except for a few occurrences. Going anywhere important especially to a place like this makes her feel a bit naked without his presence there. The sender didn’t help dissuade that feeling. Apprehension crept up her spine as her thoughts go wild with conspiracy theories of what this meeting entails. Thankfully she was of sound mind enough to know spending all day fretting about it won’t serve anything. “By the Root, I’m getting summoned by Anrak Ithrak. Haah, it can’t be helped then. Pardon me friends but I should go do this. I’ll pay for the meal.” Getting up from the table and putting down a wad of cash down on the table she bid her farewells.

Putting the letter away in a sleeve she heads out. Walking with her stave she makes her way to that wing she was in once all those months ago. It still felt a tad awkward to go to the heart of the empire without Sethus. But she then thought that it was a good thing. There may be times where she has to work independently. At a brisk pace she saw the massive skyscraper come into view. Signifying the location of the Imperial Citadel, the Rwim Fortress-Palace. She saw the large dome, with small pyramid structures at the 4 corners. The Ancestor’s Council Chamber. A place she’d been to a few times already.

That wasn’t her destination today. Her focus was on the other significant area of the complex. The residential palace of Anrax Ithrak. The presence of his soul still weighs on the air like a blanket. Over time she has grown used to it. Becoming nothing more than a warm breeze compared to the scorching sun rays when she came here for the very first time. It made her feel accomplished in learning how to recalibrate her sensitivity to energies so she’s not struck blind everywhere she goes.

She retraces her steps to the Ithkar Wing. Finding herself in front of the gate once more. The dual guards bearing the Ithkar royal signet on either side. Recollecting what her mentor did she stood there and looked at the guards. Knowing she has to wait for the guards to ask their divine lord if he wants her to be cleared of entry into his wing. The inner lining in her back shirt was starting to stick from her sweat. Not from the spiritual pressure. Rather a common case of nervousness. Her expression was thankfully soft and composed.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:34 am
Heulyn was rather clearly expected, as the outer guards of the Ithkar Quarter were unfazed by her arrival alone, and generally just let her go on. She would be able to see that House Ithkar seemed to be a bit more mobilized than the last time she was here. Before they were simply on heavy guard duty, but now she could see them organizing outgoing shuttles, loading up supplies, and more Agents like the one who had brought the summons letter to her going about their business. Anrak's proper residence however remained quiet and still, as the Ithkar personnel seemed to be mostly organizing themselves, following orders and protocols long since established.

When she got to the great door, the guards were silent for a moment. They looked at Heulyn, displaying no emotions. This odd stareoff would continue for a few seconds more, before finally one guard nodded, "Permission is granted. Enter." With that, the door opened itself, with the guard gesturing for Heulyn to enter.

When Heulyn went inside, she would find that it was quite the same as the first time she had been here, except of course she was here without Sethus. Anrak was there, his back to Heulyn when she first entered. He seemed to be idly looking up at the ceiling, quiet for a moment before finally turning to look at her. His spectral form was more solid than most Anubite spirits, lacking the typical transparency that most had. If it wasn't for the rather unnatural glow he had, as well as his clearly unnatural eyes, it would've been hard to identify him as a spirit at all from a distance. 

"And so you have arrived, good. I am sure you remember the last time we spoke, and you have made some progress on the fronts I ordered you to. In recent times you have dedicated yourself properly to the Empire, thanks to learning an important lesson. To dedicate one's self entirely to a thing beyond them, one must first overcome their own nature. When you made the vow of dedicating your entirety to the Anubite Empire last we spoke, I knew quite well then that this was not true. It was not a lie, but it was an impossibility at that time. Not that you could have known, of course, but you have matured well since then. You have started to overcome your hero complex, which will finally let you assist in the realm I care most deeply for, the art of civilization building. For to dedicate one's self truly to the Empire means being able to sow the seeds for its future, developing the people and institutions to live forever, beyond the scope of any one person."

"You have developed far enough, I believe, to further advance the Empire's needs. You are under House Ithkar's command now, the transfer is effectively immediately. The new role I have decided for you, Heulyn, is as the new administrator for Angelarium. Preparations for the transfer of power are already complete, and your task will be to continue my work to integrate the planetary population into the Anubite Empire, as well as rebuilding the world to more effectively contribute to the Empire in resources, manpower, and mind. In this regard, you will report to me as well as to High Lord Sethus. To me, as Angelarium is now officially a holding of House Ithkar, and to Sethus, for he is the High Lord and so reigns over the Empire as a whole. Your spiritual studies will continue as well. Do you understand? If you have questions or concerns, speak them immediately." Anrak was standing patiently, clearly fully expecting questions and concerns. And, most importantly, he actually seemed rather interested in hearing if Heulyn had any, and what they may be. He also was reasonably patient, and wanted to let her take in the full scope of what he had just dropped on her.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:21 pm
She likes to believe she is holding it together rather well. For the most part she is. It helps to not think about the broader implications at the moment. Otherwise she’ll give a fishlike stare at the progenitor. That would have been another embarrassing moment to keep her up at night. Standing still she gave a blink or two before finding her voice to respond in a steady mannerism. “I have nothing but the utmost faith in your wisdom. If you deem that I’m worthy to take on this duty then that’s that.” She recalls his nugget of wisdom that it’s not her place to judge herself. Rather that role falls on the people around her. That didn’t stop her from feeling nervous in front of people like Anrak. He seemed interested in having a conversation of some sort rather than a brief exchange.

Politely clearing her throat she racks her brain to come up with something. In the meantime she’ll have to stall. Standing there with a blank look wasn’t going to help. “But it’s an honor nevertheless. I’m just a bit taken aback. I know the life of politicking never ceases. Even for cautious people like us. I suppose I just didn’t see myself at becoming relevant so soon. On this level anyways. I’ve been getting noticed by more people lately. I can tell they are beginning to see me as some sort of opportunity rather than a fresh face who just came here. Even the delegates.” Considering Anrak’s network of agents he would have heard of these instances. Especially the time when she was in a ballroom with other delegates. Heulyn was amiable with them until she was approached by some Zantine nobleman. The general gist of the confrontation was the nobleman indirectly offering her a tour of his empire on the pretense he wanted to show the newcomer to Iammelon what the rest of her holdings is like. Heulyn seemed to see through their false front and politely declined.

From Heulyn’s subtle sigh the progenitor can sense she wasn’t impressed with people making passes at her now. “I get it. I do. I know much about politics, especially nobility to know that suitors will be lining up. Even Lord Clexmose is trying to get into my bed but with no disrespect to his character, I feel no special connection to him.” She rubs the back of her neck. “So I understand enough that my new position will be somewhat shocking to the empire. Again, I trust you know this and probably have countermeasures to prevent from interfering into this.” It’s a bit clear that she is assuming to some degree. Anrak lived long enough in this environment that it’s almost certain he had already thought of the many variables that could happen and came up with contingencies. So she felt silly to be concerned as it felt that meant she did not trust Anrak’s wisdom. “It’ll take time for me to get a grip on this stuff but I’ll adapt. To look at it optimistically it’s a learning experience.”

It was almost overwhelming when she thought on the broader impact. She’ll have to shift gears on how she’s approaching her role in the Empire. Minutes before all she had to worry about was falling behind in her studies. Now an entire planet was on her plate. Not that it was discouraging but no less daunting. What she had thought before was that she may be overlooking plots of land here and there, perhaps a city. On this musing a train of thought came to her. “I’m not surprised that you care deeply for building up a civilization. It must be a great source of pride to see the map of the empire and know it all came to be because of the seeds you planted so long ago. To know just much our people came because you were there at the very beginning to oversee it the whole way.” Her starlit eyes soften out of sentimentality. Building a civilization was very much an art form in a different way. As a fellow artisan it was something she greatly admires.

“It’s a great honor and privilege that you’re letting me assist. I still remember the vow, and that it was impossible at the time. Words are easy to say. So I’ll spare the words of certainty. And let my actions in the future speak for me.” Heulyn was confident and ready for the trials whatever they may be. To do what she does best and not worry about her choices. That’s for other people to judge. “It…will be an honor to be working with you as well.” Nervousness broke into her voice for a moment. On that thought she did wonder how Sethus will react to this. There was a strange sense that Anrak didn’t inform the High Lord yet. At the end of all of her thoughts. There was a vague sense of anticipation for the second shoe to drop. What that is she doesn’t know.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:12 pm
Anrak calmly listened to Heulyn as she spoke, clearly gauging her as she went. She was right to assume that he did want more of a conversation, as he was getting more interested in her personage, which could not be properly measured with just brief exchanges. So he was pleased she went further in depth. He was quite aware of people beginning to approach her, and of course he knew about Lord Clexmose's poorly veiled interest in her as well. A fitting topic for her to bring up, so he nodded, "Yes, my network is quite aware of the interest various people are taking in you. It seems you have entered a season of courtship. While this is shocking I am sure, it is also a sign of acceptance. As such, it is in itself a sign that people are quite prepared to accept you in an official capacity. Besides, this choice was made with much deliberation, I do not act on mere whims. This has been prepared for."

He paused for a moment, thinking, and then decided he might as well explain, "You have been groomed for this role, in some ways intentionally and others not so. First of all, nobody will be surprised it is you, for you are of the people I intend for you to govern. In this way, it will feel natural, but the nobility and Empire will also not be disturbed thanks to your previous position as the apprentice to the High Lord. Perhaps you have not done much, but your name is known. You haven't made any major failures in your tenure, and so all assume that Sethus has taught you well. Your appointment to a proper position will thus be seen as simply a promotion for good service. And finally, I chose this time to grant the position because you have been generally accepted by the Empire. You are a citizen, a recognized mystic, an apprentice to the High Lord, and now a viable option for suitors. Combined with direct service to me and my House, your appointment will go unchallenged by any factors that matter. Irrelevant choices of discontent will be silenced quite quickly soon after you settle into your work properly, and then all will be well."

"You are correct, I take great joy in watching the Anubite Empire grow and develop. I have dedicated my life and soul to it, and it has paid off in my eyes. Not just merely a map and borders, but the culture, people, and the history. Seeing what those past my time have done with my creations, and I can say I am generally pleased with the result. It is quite beyond me now, beyond even the Anubites for which it is named. This Empire controls the destiny of multiple species, entire planets. That is no minor thing. And for you, Heulyn, your role will be to incorporate your people into the threads of the Empire. Their destiny will be tied with the Empire's, for good and bad. In either instance, something greater will be created. There will be a bump in the start, but the future generations will meld without any issue. It is certainly a long term work, but that makes it ever more satisfying." 

Anrak then paused for a moment, and then finally continued. His face was very calm for what he said next, "Yes, we will be working together now. In addition, allow me to circle back to the matter of courting. I believe it would be suitable for you to acquire a spouse in coming times, to further tie you into the Empire as well as provide an additional source of stability. Though of course as you should know, formal courting in the Anubite fashion requires compatibility testing to determine how compatible two people are for proper marriage. We will begin these tests sometime after you arrive on Angelarium and have settled in, determining our compatibility to see if alternatives should be brought in. Understood?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:01 pm
Heulyn shared the sense of calmness at the moment. As she was after all, honest that she understood. It wasn’t hard to see just how much Anrak’s influence is over others. In their eyes he was very much a force of nature. A part of the fabric of the cosmos itself. The only choice people have is to fall in line to kneel and kiss the ring. “Of course, I never doubted your choice. Everything around us is a testament to your diligence. It feels like I would be committing sacrilege if I said you hadn’t. I was simply expressing my thought of getting to accept the notion that this is all happening. I’m...my own harshest critic...which….I’m sure you already know that. What I’m trying to say is that it'll be a transition. But I’ll get through it.” It wasn’t a promise. A certainty because that is what responsibility is. To take on the mantle. Be the best version of herself that she could be.

Listening to his explanation solidified her assumptions. There was a powerful bubble around her that would discourage even the Zantines. In a way it was still surreal to think about. Not many people have risen to power as fast as she did in Hoshizoran history. It was only barely four years ago when she came to Tombuiron as a nobody. Things moved so fast she struggled to keep up. For the most part not understanding just how much word about her got around. She gave a nod to the explanation. Having nothing much else to say on the matter.

His speech on his proudest creation was enthralling. It struck certain chords within her. A smile graced her features that became ever so slightly plastic when he continued. She had to thank her legendary mentors later for those lessons of maintaining a poker face. Otherwise she wouldn’t be able to keep up a professional, composed posture. Her eyes however gave way that her mind was blanking. Miraculously she did manage to blurt out a response in a pragmatic approach. “That sounds lovely. It would be unbecoming of me to try to ignore the inevitable. I’m not in that position anymore.” It was a safe answer for the time being. While it didn’t convery much, her eartips were golden. A warm blush creeps ever so slowly up her neck.

Sadly her effort to be cool was undermined by the flame in her Torch-Staff bellowing with the intensity of a bonfire. Yet her face still expresses that everything is fine. “I’ll be looking forward to... our... tests. Hah” She was starting to stammer. The sweat building up under her clothing wasn’t helping. Because that just makes her more embarrassed as a result. Which makes her even more embarrassed and repeats. Knowing there is zero point in trying to hide it at this point she took a sharp breath in an attempt to calm herself. “I’m sorry. This is a bit overwhelming. But.. [i]sigh[//i] I want to stress that at the end of the day. I live and serve the empire. I won’t run away from this. Any of it. If you deem we should do these compatibility tests. Then I shall happily cooperate. If anything, it would help us get to know each other. Especially if we are going to be working together for the long haul.” In a display of willpower over her raging emotions she gave a genuine smile. “On that note. I dare to suppose I should get packed and move on over to Angelarium.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:25 pm
Anrak gave a simple nod to her statement, as it was what he wanted and expected to hear, "I do believe you will. As for being your own harshest critic, this true in you, but it is also a truth in many others around you. Sethus, Tarset, Clexmose... The only one in your circle truly free of this I would say is Mildir, and he is a special case. Even I am not exempt of the harsh judge within. You will perform just as I need you to, and that is all that counts."

He was hardly surprised to see the stammering, as of course he had just dropped a rather large bomb on her. He patiently let her process it, and then gave a nod, "It is sudden, yes, but is a requirement for your development. Such tests will indeed let us get to know eachother much better, which at the very least will provide me with the information about you that I need to more effectively utilize your skills, as regardless of the outcome of these tests you are under my service now." Then he gave a nod again, "Yes, you should prepare yourself for the trip. You will have a few days to pack up and say your farewells to those here. Most of your circle of friends will not have much trouble in contacting you or even visiting, so you need not worry. Accommodations for housing are being prepared in both Alexandria and Solus, as both of these places will be relevant to your administration of the planet. Choose whichever you like for a primary residence. These two Administration Palaces will be manned by House Ithkar personnel, including household retinue warriors. They will assist you until you are prepared to recruit your own personnel. Your servants are capable, but to run an administration you will need to be prepared to fill in many menial tasks with more standard individuals. Empires are built on the lowest people, not the greatest. You may go and pack now."

Turning around, Anrak then spoke one more time, "As for me, I will also have to make my own preparations to move to Angelarium. My own projects there require oversight, and Sethus will be able to control the capital well enough now that the Yuya affair has come and gone. The planet's education system will require an overhaul, and I will handle it myself."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:37 pm
Anrak’s explanation gave her time to settle down a small margin. Enough that she doesn’t feel like spazzing out. Bearing a smile she gave a polite bow to the Divine Ancestor. Then uttering an Anubite expression signifying good wishes and to see each other again. Calmly making her exit out of the wing. Holding herself quite well until she stepped out the complex proper. Looking out to the clearing she took a deep breath. Bashing the bottom of her Torch-staff to the ground she vanished in a loud pop of displaced air.

Mildir who was nibbling his lunch at the time in Heulyn’s old room. His ears perk when his caretaker pops into existence near him. She looked composed at first until Mildir noticed the twitching.

And then she promptly screamed.

Ten minutes later the Golden Tyrant strolled into the room. His face that of sweet mirth as his ruby eyes befell on his master’s form on the bed. At that point he couldn’t help but laugh merely. Earning a sharp glare from his master. By now she got most of her shock out of her system. Getting up to try to wrap her head around what happened. Goljamush teased her. That while he doesn’t know what happened, he can feel that something highly amusing had happened. So much so that he stopped her from saying it. Stating that he wishes to share the feeling of surprise with the masses. He’s so ecstatic that he’s feeling generous enough to share his winery collection with Tarset’s kitchen staff. There is an inkling that a lot of people are going to need a heavy drink.

Not impressed with Goljamush antics she went to get started on packing up. Taking the few days that Anrak suggested to mainly get her head together. Her face flush with gold from what Goljamush told her one day when he came near her. Taking a strand of her sunfire hair into his hand and took a whiff as if it was intoxicating. Purring out of his throat he claimed he smelled the scent of wild desire. She pouted when she saw his sickly sweet grin. He knows her too well.

For while she may seem like she is freaking out about it, she did like it. Anrak deeming her worthy of courting made her feel desirable along with other dark emotions she is too embarrassed to acknowledge. Liked it a lot. Her potential suitor is not what shook her. She can handle that fine. It was just the sheer cultural implications of the action. Something has happened that is essentially impossible in the eyes of Anubites. To them they don’t think that people that are associated with the divine realm could understand such human concepts such as courting. So she left out what she’s doing with Anrak when she went to make the round of farewells. Merely explaining that Anrak has big plans in store for Angelrium and wouldn’t divulge further.

For the first time in who knows how long. Mildir refused to let the concept known as space to divide him from Heulyn so he went with her aboard the ship. Making their way without any butter related incidents to Angelarium. Since Angelarium is based off of Eaeireth’s geography. The Isle of Thoth is referred to as Pritani in the original world. A place where she was born for the very first time. It felt fitting to have Alexandria be her primary residence.

She did keep Anrak words in mind regarding administration and he was right. Long ago on a Eaeireth unified under her banner she leant how the administration lives by the humblest of people. The Radix Council, her personal council composed of her remaining Servants acted as mentors to the administration. Never a part of it. Otherwise if they were to be removed from it, that would leave many issues. And she would do the same here. If she were to ever leave she can take the council with her without causing a plunge in stability.

Knowing her priorities she focuses on putting the planet administration together. It was slow going but she managed to get the ball rolling within a month. Not the greatest but with what they have, at the end it was the best they could do. Later she went about to rebuild her Radix Council. By this time her King of Heroes had acquired raw materials that had been used to build a mana generator akin to the one used by the Chaulkuau Security Organazation. Reliving quite a bit of the strain off of her when it comes to maintaining a wealth of heroic spirits. Tearful reunions and giving them knowledge of the modern era they went to do the duties they were given by their Master.

Heulyn spent the next week resting. Dragging Heroic Spirits to a universe where they shouldn’t be in was a bit taxing even for a powerful mystic like herself. Heulyn used so much mana that powerful mystics on Angelarium would have felt it. The hairs on their neck standing up. Even with one certain person offworld, Inanna dining with Ipwet perk her head when she felt the inkling of great magic being enacted in the galaxy. ”Ah, so the fair child finally woke up from her long slumber. Things are becoming quite interesting in Hosizora.” She would happily comment to the spymaster.

At the end of the week she was getting dressed. A glance of the calendar told her that two months from now is new year’s. Four years years. That how long it took for her to go from a complete nobody to dating to the most important person to have ever existed in Anubite and possibly Hosizora history. If nothing else this was the final nail to her belief that she was always fated to get into crazy situations. Doing one last check over herself she took a breath and went to where the tests will take place.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:35 am
As Anrak had mentioned, when Heulyn first arrived she would find that she was to be set up in a large administrative palace, similar to Tarset's Fortress-Palace. It was a good deal more basic however, lacking the major complex around it and the central residence being more humble right now. This was simply because its construction in Alexandria had been recent, and Anrak had guessed Heulyn would choose this over Solus. It was manned by House Ithkar personnel, from guards to cooks. One of the servants would explain to Heulyn that the main building, as well as the general surrounding area, was hers to work with as she pleased. She could change it, construct new buildings, or whatever else she felt was best for her own main complex. There was no lack of construction equipment or material after all, Anrak had simply ordered the minimalist approach for the start. The servant would say that Anrak explained it as "The home is a representation of the self. If you wish to show yourself capable of managing a city, first clean your house. If you wish to develop a world, first develop your home." Otherwise, he had left no other directives. 

She would also find in her first few days of rest that Anrak had sent over a large dump of data. It was a rather massive gathering of information that he had collected about Angelarium, covering major factors like population count and economic potential to minor things like the ratio of soldiers to civilians on the planet and polls of planetary opinion on things like modern art. Once again, Anrak left no directives of how to use what he had dropped on her, instead leaving it for her to handle. The only advice he left here was "Information sifting is a skill as important as magical power, ensure your Servants are trained in this if you wish success. This will be a good first lesson."

Finally, on the day of the first test, Heulyn would find herself still within Alexandria's bounds. For the first destination was a movie theater, recently set up by a Proscorine company on the planet. It technically wasn't fully open yet, and not open to the public, but it was clear on arrival that Anrak was not one that people said no to. Ithkar guards were standing around the building, keeping lookout and glaring at most folk who came by. They would wave for Heulyn to go in through the front door, which would be closed behind her once she entered. 

The lobby was primarily empty. The desks were people could buy tickets were unmanned right now, leaving the lines devoid of waiting movie-goers. The other large thing in here was of course the snack bar, which was also devoid of anybody manning it, although notably it had been fully stocked up. Anrak was there, standing in front of a selection of candies, picking each one up and inspecting the boxed up products closely, and then simply putting them back. He would turn to face Heulyn, and then simply nodded, "Good, you have arrived. I found this place and felt it would be interesting. I never attended one before, none existed on Tombuiorn when I lived, and of course I never went to one after I was dead. It is empty, so the experience should be pure and unfiltered. Although perhaps I should have required at least one merchant to remain, to man this food stand. All the same, it is full available if you would like anything."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:51 pm
Heulyn looked over the lot she was given to shape her complex to her whims. It took her a moment where the order meant to start basic first and add on over time or to go with the minimalist architectural style. Given she hardly saw any Anubite structure in that artstyle it felt safe to assume the former. However she felt she shouldn’t go with a pure Anubite style. Angelarium is going to become more than just Anubite culture so she deem it only makes sense to giver her own artistic touch. Incorporation the nature around her to fit with the overall design. To make it seem it was a natural extension of the land. Having an elegant interior entity and open floor plan that baths in natural light, joining the surrounding greens and nature environment. To other mimilastic details. The thought of making her library came to mind but felt building her basic house was a good enough start for the time being. To take things slowly as the anubites would say.

Beside shifting information and communing with her Servants. Free time was spent in introspection. The shock has left her system for a while now. In its place was sentimentality. It was a big thing for Anrak to do this. Much to her shame she didn’t know much about his first wife. True she shouldn’t be harsh on herself. Most don’t for the first part. Not much is even known about her in the basic textbooks. It has been so long ago that she was reduced to a cliff note at best. What she read told her that she wanted to pass on and Anrak respected her wishes. Leaving him behind to watch his empire grow alone for over a hundred millennium. That was a somber image to think about. But could understand it.

If anyone else beside Anrak who knows the loll of passing years it would be Heulyn. Forever is not a unit of time as people first assume. It’s to say that the end will never come. That you don’t have to worry about not seeing warm summer days. Do not feel that your life is in an hourglass. The notion of time becomes more transient than it already is. She could still picture the collage of the faces she once loved. Long knows that they want her to live and be happy. To enjoy life with another to make up for that empty spot. In these thoughts she wonders if Anrak had long come to the same conclusion. He had more than enough time to move on and accept trying to court someone again.

When the first day of the courtship came she was ready. It was a peculiar sight to see that the first destination was at the movie theater. It was a place she hasn’t been to all that much. Mostly because there was a home movie theater at Tarset’s palace. But it was a place she did like. Especially when she and another person have the whole theater to themselves. It’s a better feeling when it’s not privatized but she’s not going to complain about it. Heading inside she went up to Anrak. A strange feeling to be in the same room outside of more formal affairs.

She gave a smile and waved at him, listening to Anrak as she looked over to the glass counter filled with an array of sweet treats. Giving small noises of agreement. “It’s rather a special experience to get a showing to ourselves.” Her eyes set on the bag of flat-bottomed teardrop chocolate pieces wrapped in foil. Checking the tag she brought out her wallet. Looking over to Anrak as she gathers the coins. “Do you want to get a popcorn bucket to share?” She offers. Putting the money for the treat on the counter next to the register. Behind him she caught sight of the movie posters along the wall. One that stood out was the poster for Justicars: Endgame.

She looks back to Anrak sentimentality. “It’s such a nice thing to see that movie theaters are still alive in this era. It’s a magical experience. Romantic even. The lights dim and you don’t know what you’re going to see. And if the movie is a crowd-pleaser, watching it with a hundred or so people can give you an electric rush of emotion when a big scene plays out.” A smile graced her lips. “I feel we’ll have a great time. I’m even happy for you.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:35 am
Anrak noted her continuing to pay for the items despite nobody being around, which he subtly gave a nod of approval towards. As Heulyn would remember, this was ultimately still a test, and he was observing her actions and words closely. So far, he seemed to be pretty alright. He looked to the popcorn and seemed to get surprised for a moment, "Hm? I am a spirit, I have no need to eat. Although I suppose I can simulate it, as I can still experience taste with some modifications to my form, and based on what I know the matter of popcorn is important for the experience... Very well, we will share the popcorn, as to ensure the authenticity of this trip." He went over and prepared a large bucket of popcorn, placing down some money after looking up at the sign detailing the prices. He seemed to observe the popcorn a bit, and then spoke again, "I believe you are supposed to salt it. You may do so if you wish."

He listened to her explanation of the experience, clearly curious as to how it was meant to be as opposed to his general idea. This caused him to flick his eyes up, clearly thinking, "Hm, so it is an experience enhanced by a group. Interesting. Perhaps then I should have brought in an audience, or simply come here disguised... Should I call some of the guards inside to act as other audience members? They may enjoy the film, and if it creates a more authentic experience then it would enhance the test." His head then tilted when she finished, "Happy for me? I do not quite understand what you mean by that."

After a momentary pause, he spoke again, "I suppose I should say which movie I have chosen for the occasion. I picked a history documentary, one I had been meaning to watch for a while now. It is about the history of the War of the Golden Egg, from the Zantine perspective. I am going into this as blind as you are, for while I of course know about the event, it is always good to obtain more information, as well as value the perspectives of different groups in regards to that. I know well the Anubite variant of the tale, but what a Zantine or Valorian may think is different."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:48 pm
She knew it was a trivial matter for Anrak to make him able to taste something. According to physics if he is able to physically touch and see he would be able to taste. Not that she was feeling geeky enough to comment on that. Rather it was his subtle awkwardness that she paid attention to. It reinforced what he said of never having been to a movie theater after his mortal death. Made her wonder just how isolative he had been. She gave a light roll of her shoulders in response to his suggestion. Still continuing to hold a light smile. “I don’t mind either way. They’re both valid ways to enjoy a movie at the theaters. A large group of people can be a detriment to a particular experience, in the case of the movie theater, it's a net positive. A group of people laughing together simultaneously triggers a feeling that you should laugh, too; during a suspenseful moment, you can feel dozens of strangers suck in their breath together. But not every movie is a communal experience. Watching a majestic movie with surround sound with no one else in the theater beside us can be a powerful thrill. With that said, for a history documentary I see no harm in letting the guards come in to see. Especially if they might enjoy the film.“

Heulyn looked at the popcorn bucket. “Sure you normally put salt on it. But it’s your choice too if you want salt on it.” If he doesn’t mind either way she’ll put salt on it. It was something that she felt she might be reinforcing as time went on. Giving him the opportunity of choice. Holding the popcorn bucket she give a small nod. “I like seeing people try out new things. Can’t really explain it. It’s one of those things that just make you happy.” Everything set she’s ready to go see this movie. She was a fan of well made history documentaries. So she has good hopes for this one.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:05 am
Anrak seemed to be analyzing her words quite carefully as she explained the sensations of a crowd. It was pretty clearly something he had never gone through, and he was trying to grasp the concept through her words. He spoke a bit absently, like he was speaking to himself as well as Heulyn, "I suppose it is a similar affair to watching a battle unfold alongside the strategists, weighing up what is happening and considering the situation. The tension of a line buckling, the anticipation of a surprise attack being sprung, the sigh of relief as a crisis passes. I suppose that's what it is quite like. I will have to attend a full movie someday while donning a disguise, and try it for myself. For now however we will stick to a more limited audience." He snapped a finger, but Heulyn could tell he was sending out a message as he did so. The doors soon opened, with a group of the Ithkar guards from outside entering into the theater. Anrak tilted his head slightly, gesturing towards the snack bar to all of them. They were granted permission to take what they liked. He spoke more quietly to Heulyn afterwards, "I will pay for whatever they take afterwards. They don't exactly carry very much currency when on duty."

Giving it a thought, Anrak glanced between the popcorn and the salt shaker. He decided eventually to give a light sprinkling of salt to the popcorn, before putting it back. Behind him, the guards were investigating the options for themselves, occasionally giving glances in Anrak's direction to see if he wanted something specific of them. When he simply let them be, they started picking for themselves. Anrak meanwhile raised an eye at Heulyn's explanation, "Interesting thing for you to take pleasure in it, but I suppose there is value in seeing others expand their horizons. Very well. Now let's see, according to the ticket the room in question for the movie is 3, downstairs. Right over there. Let us go." With that, he set off.

Room 3 was, of course, empty of any other people. There were many lines of seats, able to seat many people at once. There was notably one section of seating towards the back-middle which was elevated, clearly a sort of special seating. Anrak noticed it and decided to go sit over there. That was when he found his first confusion, for as he sat down he found that the seat could adjust to take on more a lounging shape. Anrak fiddled with it for a bit, before deciding to set it back to normal, sitting down comfortably. Soon after Heulyn took her own seats, the Ithkar guards started to filter in. They followed instinct, as most of them sat in pairs in strategic locations, making sure there was at least one pair near every entrance, and otherwise placing guards all around the room. Notably, it seemed that one member of each pair carried the food inside as the other kept their weapon prepared, and even when seated they kept their weapons very close at hand. Anrak didn't comment or even seem to notice, as this was clearly normal to him.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:14 pm
A pleasant smile spread across her face. Giving a small nod towards the progenitor. “You’re correct, that is generally how it feels like.” She could go all go chatting about the magic of theater but knew she wasn’t here for that. Keep it to small talk. Listening to Anrak their room was in number three. As he went to move downstairs she proceeded to follow suit. The short trip gave her time to realize that she felt more at ease now. There is still nervousness to be sure. It’s natural to have in times like this. In a way she suppose that the casual nature of a movie theater is helping her. They weren’t anywhere fancy or important. Just somewhere plain and humble.

Heulyn took her seat next to the progenitor with a smile on her face. Adjusting the seat to her preference she settled in. Very much appearing as an image of comfiness with how relaxed she was. Excitement and interest shone in equal intensity in her amber eyes. Since she was now in the theater room proper she lowered her voice a bit but not to a whisper given the movie hasn’t started yet. “I’m looking forward to this. I always enjoy movies based on historical events. Especially if they try to make it realistic and not get carried away with artistic liberties. A film industry from Avalantus often blows historical fact out of proportion. That said, it’s always intriguing to see the other side of events like the War of the Golden Egg. From what I’ve read it was quite complicated with more than two sides to the conflict.” She would quiet herself further when the trailers started rolling.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum