Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion
Posts : 148
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 24
Location : home

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:20 pm
It has been some time since the reformation of the Firstborn Kingdom into an Empire. Empress Alicia has used this time well to sure up the Empires borders and infrastructure with the help of her siblings. With their father heading into the Nebula to find his original heritage he confidently left the throne in the capable hands of his kin. While at first they were shaky to find their ground, Alicia was quick to find her footing and lead the Firstborn into a new era. Zether still keeps in contact of course, refusing to leave them in the dark, with them after he found and settled into the Deinmaar family, the Dragon nobility that he is descended from.

Though now, with the events of the past squared away, it was time for the Empire to focus on the future. Their alliance with the Iammelon Union still holds strong, though they resist the efforts to be annexed into the Nebula. The Union's use of the captured Zerg tends to unsettle the general populous and even puts some of their military on edge when around them. So their alliance has been held but flags are beginning to rise here and there. Though Zether has done his best to keep incidents low, helping his daughter and other children where he can since he is the most appropriate bridge between the two.

Though now Alicia was left wanting, relying on her father made her feel unfit to rule. Not wanting to keep this from him, they talked it out and came to the agreement that she should seek a new ally for the Empire, expanding trade and trust outside of the Nebula and the Bez. So she started digging... Though the answer was looking her in the face. Long has the Empire rubbed borders with another nation. And so far no incidents have came from their limited interactions. Both sides preferring to keep keeping to themselves...

One day it came down to a single decision. She was getting used to dealing with things so officially that she thought that perhaps a more informal approach may work wonders. And if it didn't then there was no harm in trying through official channels. So she logged into Chitter and decided to shoot the leader of the Canglong a DM to start things off.

______________________________________

@FirstPheonixAli wrote:@OgoeAkari

Hey, I'm Empress Alicia of the Firstborn. I know we haven't had much contact between our peoples besides some border interactions here and there, but I was hoping we could talk about opening relations if you're interested?

I was going to do this the normal way, through official channels and such. But I didn't want cause a scene. Hopefully this isn't too informal, I'm getting used to doing this sort of thing.

Hope to hear your reply soon!
Alicia Athailen.

Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir
Posts : 674
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 25
Location : Angelarium

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:03 pm
A gentle dawn illuminates the misty peaks. The melodic shrill of bird singing was what roused Akira Ogoe, the great Tiānhuáng from his slumber. A breeze gently brushes over his exposed torso. Carrying with it the smell of fresh rain and wet soil. He continues to lay there in a mental debate on whether to get up or stay a few moments longer to snuggle in the cool sheets. Unfortunately the sound of crisp hooffalls told him that he won't have a voice. Sure enough he heard her familiar dignified and friendly laugh. "It's time to rise and shine, Tiānhuáng. There's no rest for the mighty." A grumble left him when he felt his blanket be pulled away. Mentally conceding defeat he opened his eyes to see Li Jing next to his bed. One of the oldest servants that serve as an aide to Tiānhuáng. And have worked for the past three Tiānhuáng. She was experienced to say the least. Especially getting stubborn people like him out of bed.

Not giving a fight for once he got up from bed. He could almost hear the smug grin on Li jing's face before she turned a bit to signal three other handmaids to come into the room. Taking their place in the corner of the room where Akira went. It was a spot where the handmaids started the process of dressing him up. Ages ago he always wanted to try out fancy robes. But after he learns just how long it takes to get them on it kinda loses its appeal.

It wasn't a quiet affair. He and the handmaids were having amiable small talk as they did their work getting the attire on him. One of them started to work on brushing his white bushy mane. This went on for a minute before the final knot was tied. One of them came to the front of him. Holding up a tablet for him to see. Thanking her he took the device. Normal morning reports and intelligence briefing. Skimming the notification he caught something interesting that doesn't normally occur.

A Chitter DM from another nation's sovereign. Giving it a quick read he was a bit surprised that there were others who somewhat shared his philosophy on using technology as a means to get work done instead of the old ways. While he does agree the traditional fashion has value to it. It's both a time saver and less costly. That said he took in the contents of the dm. By no means was Canglong totally isolationist. They sit on one of the most important Ether crossroads of Hoshizora that connects the west and east. It would be foolish to not capitalize on the benefits of that. So while they keep to themselves. Canglong interacts with other nations on a commerce level. This is why he has a Chitter account to begin with.

He continues to ponder on it. The Firstborn Empire is one of the three nearby powers that actually touch borders with them. And by far the youngest out of the three. Up North-East sits the Empire of Bezannia. Beyond them were other powers that he is far more intrigued by than some quint nation state. To the North-West is the Hadast. They get a lot more traffic from them. But both of them are a distance away from them. Making any sort of relations above trade less needed. The Firstborn on the other hand, due to their closeness, does make it necessary to engage with them. With that thought he type in a response.




@OgoeAkari wrote:

In reply to @FirstPheonixAli

There's no need to fret noble one. I can understand the benefits to rely on this manner of discourse. Matters like this can flow by much quicker. That said, our eyes have been on the imperial flower that bloomed so close to our domain. It's not often one witness the birth of a new legacy being engraved in the sea of stars. I personally give my blessings for your people's future. So yes, I'm open in hearing what you wish to speak about.

- The Tiānhuáng

Lost_Psion likes this post

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion
Posts : 148
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 24
Location : home

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:52 pm
After only afew hours a Chitter notification fired off and sounded through the Empress's room, the woman in mention was getting dressed in some evening attire since the sun had since set from when she wrote the Chit DM in the afternoon, laying around the luxurious covers of her bed in lacy gowns with a dressing gown to warm her and picking up her phone she looked over the DM's contents as she began to think on what could be achieved, their information on the nation next to them was limited, only knowing from first-hand reports about their race from impressions and brief readings... Nevermind the fact that they sit upon a rather important Ether crossroads that does connect with the heart of their territory.

"They have a refined way of speaking. Sounds almost like you're speaking to a knight or something" She remarks to herself, though she began to think of another example since it wasn't quite correct. "I haven't met any cultures like this... I have read stuff that dad sends me. I'll have to do what I can with what I know... I'll keep it informal for now..." She puzzled some more over possibilities that can come from this, as far as trade goes they had alot to offer in terms of medical innovations and raw materials and gasses. The potential to learn more of magic than their limited and, compared to others in the galaxy, crude manners of manipulating magical energies would be a much needed boon for their people. With that thought she started to write her response.




@FirstPheonixAli wrote:

In reply to @OgoeAkari

You are too kind, it is not often I hear of our people being referred to in such a manner. Though I will agree we are still young in the story amongst these stars. I thank you for your blessing, I hope I can make good on your words and lead my people with the same enthusiasm. Your people are one that we have been fascinated with for a long while but always found ourselves in a position where reaching out would have to wait as to not sour first impressions.

Though that would be why I am reaching out now, things have finally grown calm within our borders and feel it is time to know the rest of the galaxy if you would allow us to finally meet as neighbours. An opportunity to see what we can perhaps offer one another?

-Empress Alicia

Eteru Zvonimir likes this post

Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir
Posts : 674
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 25
Location : Angelarium

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:56 pm

Minutes after he sent back the reply he had gone to his personal study to have his breakfast. The moment he sat down he didn’t wait a second before another handmaiden carried a healthy assortment of food on a tray to his desk. A bit too healthy he noticed. “Is this an indirect way to inform me I’m getting fat?” The question was spoken in a light hearted manner.

“It was brought to the cooks attention that you’ve been having too much chocolate in your diet, my Tiānhuáng.” She stood at attention near him. Prepared to give him anything if he ever needs it. At times their witty remarks do irate him a tad but that’s because he couldn’t come back with a rebuttal. Largely he’s happy that he has a relaxed relationship with his staff and he knows they appreciate it as well.

Giving a snort at the claim he just went to eat his mail. A ringtone came from his phone. Seems like a dm alert. Pulling it out he can see it was the same person. It wasn’t surprising to hear that they were fascinated with Canglong. The land is old, very old. Even he is left awestruck at times by the mystery and majesty of it. On that note however it’s this same reason that they are less inclined to be so open to outsiders. They didn’t even allow scholars from the Anubite Empire to come learn from them. Although that is mostly due to another empire being in the middle of them. Making travel between them long and limited.

Eating his meal he began to type back.




@OgoeAkari wrote:

In reply to @FirstPheonixAli

Understanding is the cornerstone to the home that can stand the test of time. Let us briefly gaze to the eternal empire of the sands to the north. They serve as a testament to this wisdom. In their time they have molded those around them to serve as different parts of the house. Strengthening it to weather fiercer storms. We understand this wisdom. And it’s why we are cautious with who we interact with.

As with all things, I’ll give this a chance. Now this raises a new question. How shall we take up on this opportunity? I’m willing to send a representation over to your land.

- The Tiānhuáng

Lost_Psion likes this post

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion
Posts : 148
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 24
Location : home

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:23 pm
In contrast to Akira rather active morning, Alicia was settling into her bed while the yellow lustre starts to dull from her hair as the twin suns of her system had long since set. Her hair returning to a luxurious black as she settled with is all sprawled out across her pillows, while some Iammelonian drama played on her tv. She wasn't into the subtle tones of propaganda that the show had but she enjoyed the shows she watched from out that way. It was good to just empty your head and just watch them to enjoy them.

Tomorrow her younger brother was scheduled to return after a very long trip away from the homeland, she didn't know all the details to what he was out there for or even why he left in the first place since Harlock wasn't one for sharing. All she knew was that he was returning with some friends of his and a beaten up frigate that he was granted... The Frigate was in perfect condition the day he left and was fully staffed. She had little idea of what was happening but she would see him later tomorrow to see for herself.

The familiar notification whistle goes off as she fumbled under the covers for her phone before she starts to read his message. Empire in the north? Well that's clearly someone in the nebula... Though I won't lie, they do seem to have their shit together. Sands... Must be the Anubites, they're the only ones I know of that live in those kind of worlds. She starts to type back as she settles under the covers, using the show as white noise as she ponders on some details.





@FirstPheonixAli wrote

In reply to @OgoeAkari

The great houses in the north have certainly stood that test and passed so far, we're rather well acquainted with their newest protectorate state and with the union itself. There is certainly alot people could benefit from in heeding their examples.

I thank you for giving us, me, a chance. I appreciate it and hope to make a positive impression. On that front I think a representative would be a fantastic idea! We can meet them on a world close to your territory but I would like if I could meet them at my palace on Castameer if that is okay?

-Empress Alicia

Eteru Zvonimir likes this post

Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir
Posts : 674
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 25
Location : Angelarium

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:16 pm
@OgoeAkari wrote:

In reply to @FirstPheonixAli

You’re a good host to let one from a foreign land to come inside and let them sit next to the hearth. I’m sure our representative will be flattered to be graced with the honor of stepping inside the national wonder of another land. For a very long time we’ve never had a flag not our own fly close to our stars. In that time there had been no need to tread far from familiar waters. Until now. The representation will be sent over to your palace fairly shortly. You’ll know when they come.

- The Tiānhuáng



After breakfast he announced he was going to go on a stroll. His servants helped him get into a different attire for the trip. Consisting of an orange undertunic, a pure white overtunic, an ivory outer robe with a deep hood and wide sleeves, loose-fitting trousers, a tabard, a broad sash tied about the waist, and tall brown boots.

A rather humble look. Too humble some might say. To him he found it fitting. There was no need to carry an air of permanence outside of Canglong. Those distant stars that carry life who never heard of him. None of them knows the weight that the Tiānhuáng brings. It’s cultural significance and scarcity. To them, he must look no more than some traveling sage.

Yes, a sage is the image he prefers to present. Whispers of his past teachers dance around his mind. He has learned much from them. And is very much still learning. No doubt for his entire life. He took a deep breath. Electricity ran through his veins as the life of the world filled his lungs. No, that was an improper choice of words. He is life.

He stroll out to his outside garden that overlooks the nearby tall mountain peaks. Stars still hung like diamonds in the morning sky. The vibrancy of life was all around him. Singing an ancient song. Peering into the heavens a soft glow hugged his form. Excistment tugged the corners of his lip.

Rarely does he ever make such a long step. There was hardly any need except for family emergencies. And even then he never took flight beyond the horizon of his home. Akira wasn’t a child anymore. In spite of that he still retains a glimmer of childlike wonder in the unknown. To be able to step foot on soil under alien stars. In the past he felt that several times. Now, he was going to experience a truly exotic world.

The activation of his power wasn’t grandiose. No thundering trumpets shook the sky. The clouds didn’t churn and twist. The mountain didn’t shine a light that could banish the foulest of darkness. If anything it was a mirror to his humility. Akira vanishes with the soft touch of a warm breeze as he takes a singular step.

A few blocks away from the palace he came to be. No light, no sound, not even a dance of leaves. There on the street he stood. Bushy white mane, vivid blue eyes, very soft orange coat, scaly white carapaces on his muzzle, and a long tail that gently sways behind him. He has no horn, for he wasn’t a Fire Qilin. Rather he is a Qilin of the Land.

A pleasant tune hum from deep within his throat. Taking in his surroundings with a smile. But made sure to be aware of himself. Back in his land his people are used to regions dense in the arcane. They can be in the presence of vast beings and not buckle under their weight. To his personal staff they cite that his presence felt as they were being caressed by soft sunbeams. To some they say they feel a shadow of a soft, nurturing wing over them. But to those that never met him, they had unpleasant things to say about it. No doubt it was attributed in some ways by an old friend of his.

In a way he must reverse accumulate. In a manner akin to inhaling he retracted his very being. His mental picture was him as a fawn, crawling beneath the cover to slide between his two older sisters in bed. The memory of being surrounded by their presence and warmth was strong. He can relax. He is safe. It’s okay to be small again.

Akira opened his eyes. And simply knew it worked. Continuing to hum a tune he sauntered towards the palace. Taking his time to enjoy the scenery and quite literally stopping to smell the flowers for a moment. The Palace is sure to have outside security of some kind to see him coming. No weapons were on him and he gave off no otherworldly aura. Except for one oddity. Despite the twin stars having gone to sleep some time ago. Akira looked as if he was standing in broad daylight.

Lost_Psion likes this post

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion
Posts : 148
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 24
Location : home

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:05 pm
Arriving at the Palace after taking in the sights of the Imperial Capital of Jalem, a city that takes a rather eco friendly stance to their architecture as plant life was a important part of the city itself with some adapted Zerg structures here and there in the buildings but genetically altered to look less frighteningly grotesque as they look less like genetic freaks and plants. He would still see many people participating in the nightlife in the city while others slept, both tourists and natives alike having fun drinking and clubbing.

Once he did make it onto the grounds, taking the time to enjoy the Palace's public garden before sauntering his way up the palace steps does he finally meet the Palace guard. Lazarus guardsmen with Zergling guard dogs by their sides, most were wary because of the anomalous nature of his appearance being in broad daylight during this time of midnight... He was approached peacefully by a Reaver guard bearing the insignia of the Royal Guard faction. The faction in charge of protecting Castameer and this palace in particular. Despite his imposing and intimidating features he spoke calmly and a measure of patience despite the abnormal atmosphere surrounding him, of course several psionic pings were being sent out by this royal guard in regular intervals... A way to signal that there is trouble if they stop abruptly. "Evening sir. May I ask who you are and why you're approaching the Imperial Palace at this hour?" There was suspicion but they were being rather accommodating despite the strange visuals.

The Empress was looking over the message she got as she snuggles into her covers, wondering what he meant by 'fairly shortly'... Did he mean afew days? Or was this something she'll have to ask about and clarify. Surely he can't be this vague on purpose. "... Maybe I should just wait? No no I should at least as-"

A knock at her door sounded prompting her to sit up as a Reaver Guard walking in as far as the door opening before offering her a bow. "Your imperial highness, a outsider has arrived bearing resemblance to the residents of the nation of Canglong."

Alicia looked rather... Awe struck for a moment before she fumbles out of bed "What?! W-Well I was just talking to their leader I.. I didn't think someone would be sent this quickly. No its impossible... Um... Ask him what he's doing here and tell me. It could just be a coincidence... An eerie coincidence." She says before her guard bows again and shuts the door behind him, relaying orders to soldiers on the grounds... Meanwhile she gets a funny feeling about this and starts to get dressed into something that was formal casual. Being more tomboyish with her appearance than appearing in something frilly and super formal.

Eteru Zvonimir likes this post

Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir
Posts : 674
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 25
Location : Angelarium

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:43 pm
The land teams with life. Not as vivid but carries an undertone of a primeval nature. Civilization was very young in this world. He can feel it below his feet. The skein of the world that still bears much life that is yet to be paved over by urbanization. While he feels there is a bit too much steel and concrete in the cities of Castameer. Seeing that they are designed to respect the world that gives them much is something he can appreciate. Often times civilizations rape their own world in order to climb to the stars above them. And when they try to correct their mistake, it’s usually too late to do anything.

The public garden was pleasant to walk through. He can feel the moisture and nutrients in the soul. The roots that burrow and connect deep below. In his passing the plant life became healthier. Fireflies and other insects lazily follow him for brief moments. A young bird flew to attempt to nestle in his thick mane. A ghost of a laugh bubbled up his throat as he carefully motioned the bird off of him. It was endearing to see that the little ones welcome him here. Calming walking up the steps he came before the guardsman. A friendly smile adorns his face. “It’s a pleasant evening, friend. I’m Akira Ogoe of Canglong. I was invited by your beloved Empress to her personal palace. By the by, beautiful architecture.” He notes. Looking up briefly to admire the grand construction. Akire just doesn’t see the palace as a whole. But everything else that made it what it became. To the differing materials to the lingering impressions of the many hands that put it together.

Lost_Psion likes this post

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion
Posts : 148
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 24
Location : home

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:16 pm
The Guard outside of Alicia's room knocks and opens with another short bow, looking rather unsure of himself as he speaks up. "He says his name is Akira Ogoe your highness. He says that you invited him here."

Alicia face went white as a sheet for a moment, she was just dming home over Chitter. "W-Well thats correct... I was talking to him briefly about sending a representative so we can start some relations. There was no way he could be here already... Not unless he was already on the planet?" She says to herself before she looked back to the guard. "Instruct the guards outside to let him inside. I'll be there to greet him, go ask the staff to prepare some suitable quarters incase he wants to say." With a short nod the guard leaves the room, with Alicia walking out after him, heading into the main entry chamber to greet her surprisingly fast guest.

The visitors explanation sends a wave of confusion washing over the eyes and faces of the guards around him before more Psychic energy seems to be going back and forth before the Reaver speaks again. "... I see. Thank you for the compliment, most outsiders don't often compliment our reverent treatment of the environment in our construction, we firstborn were taught to respect the land by our creator and previous King. We would not suffer the same mistakes of our mortal foes and distant cousins. The Zerg. A sentiment we will carry on even though he is no longer our ruler, or among us."

The Reaver steps to the side of Akira with a arm raised to gesture him to pass. "What you say has been corroborated by our Empress. She asks I allow you inside where you will meet her. Though it seems your are very early sir." He says as he guides him up the rest of the steps before the pair of large ornate doors swing towards them to reveal the interior, a similar balance with nature was taken in the inherent design of the palace insides. on the immediate insides there were staircases to the back of the room on the left and right leading to a second and third layer that lead to different wings, with an entryway directly ahead on the ground floor that leads to the main hall and throne room. The main theme of the room besides the usage of plants were a gold and red theme with purple and green undertones, besides the usage of gold all are coherent in the use of their flag. Coming down the right set of stairs was the Empress in question, her expression quizzical and in disbelief seeing as she knew what he looked like depending on how open he was allowed to be with his account in posting pictures.

"So it is you, my my honoured Tiānhuáng I did not think you're arrival would be so... Well to be honest 'Instant' is a word that's springs to mind." Hr tone with rooted in curiosity and wariness, his instant arrival could be taken in many ways context wise. But she was choosing to continue with an air of positivity. "Welcome to my palace. It was my father's before he entrusted the throne to me." She says as she walks towards Akira, offering her hand in greeting.

Eteru Zvonimir likes this post

Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir
Posts : 674
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 25
Location : Angelarium

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:28 pm

Akira’s first impression of Alicia was that she was still getting used to the weight of the crown. But her positivity was rather endearing. The stutter at the beginning is cute despite knowing that she’s surprised by his sudden arrival. Giving a disarming smile he accepted the hand to give a clasped handshake. “I do prefer to meet others without having to make much fuss.” Alicia would be able to note that his hands were warm. His life force was a calm, still lake on a bright summer day. She would also find that his mind was fairly clear. A sign that he carries no ill will with him. He earnestly wishes to express his honesty. That was the sort of compassionate person he is.

He let’s go of her hand. The warmth continues to persist on her hand till it gradually fades away. The strangeness his presence brings continues to create non threatening changes in the environment. The plants became more healthy. The air in the room seems to take on a soft weight to it. Warmer in a way. Whoever Akira was, he was very connected to the world around him. There is only peace and comfort in his wake. Tranquility that is evident in his voice. “I’ve heard of your father's abdication.” For a brief moment his smile became softer. Due to his heart figuratively on his sleeve she would sense that he had personal opinions about that choice. “It’s a big responsibility. All things considered I think you’ve been doing well so far. Pardon me if I’m overstepping here but I wish to ask, where is your father?”

Akira doesn’t know much about the first king of the Zerg. So he knew there was quite a bit of context that he’s not aware of. However, from what he did learn about what that Alicia came back to life under circumstances he doesn’t know yet. Then rather than spending time to catch up with his reunited daughter he instead slaps his crown into her hands and walks out the door. At least that was Akira’s general understanding of the transition. “That’s said, it’s pleasant to meet you. You may address me by my own name. I wish for us to be rather close.” In contrast to Iammelon he prefers to have a good standing with very close neighbors.

Lost_Psion likes this post

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion
Posts : 148
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 24
Location : home

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:30 pm
Alicia certainly couldn't argue with how humble he was being, though his arrival was still something of an oddity. On top of that was the unusual warmth that was left behind from their handshake alongside the calming sensation, though he would see that the warmth he left quickly diminished like she was quite literally drinking it in... The residual calming effect wasn't very long lasting, something on her person was nullifying magic exerted on her in what seemed in seconds. She was currently wearing a scarf that radiated with a negative wavelength of magic that seemed to calm her. "Without much of a fuss huh?" She says with a soft smile, he did cause quite the small panic with his anomalous arrival but she understood what he meant. "No big delegations and whatnot pestering you. On that we can agree."

Once he brought up her father and his stepping down from the throne, there was a ping of something, a lax in her smile as he brought up his whereabouts. A point of which gained the gaze of several standing guards in the room while she spoke. "My father has travelled north into the Nebula in search for long lost relatives due to some circumstances surrounding his birth, it isn't like he stepped away forever despite what some of our more melodramatic citizens would say. He has not returned since last month, he does return from his stay in the nebula for a time. But I do wish he could stay longer sometimes..." She says before she looks to Akira for a moment, wondering why she was readily admitting this before giving her head a slight shake. "Mm.. Forgive me. I didn't ask you to come to tell you all about my woes." She says as she gestures to follow her as she starts to walk for the stairs to the second floor. "You aren't overstepping yourself. But I would watch what you say about my father. He is still much loved here despite his absence by all of us. Even if I wish he would stay longer."

When he brought up to call him by his name, she gave a warm smile along with her accepting nod. "Very well Akira, then I suppose you may call me Alicia if it makes you feel any better. I'm glad that we are having this kind of meeting. Without the big showboating and dazzle that accompanies these kinds of events. I'm not very accustomed to them but I'm definitely not shy enough to run from a good challenge."





Eteru Zvonimir likes this post

Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir
Posts : 674
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 25
Location : Angelarium

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:07 pm
It actually wasn’t magic. Magic would imply it was being created. That it was something that didn’t naturally belong in this world. But what was flowing out of him was something much more hallowed. Alicia was physically feeling his own soul. Along with the natural energies that the land breathes. Both of which continue to lightly circulate in the room, unaffected by the scarf. She could sense that he was holding back as much he could to not make it too overbearing. It was evident that he never had the need to control himself as much in quite awhile.

Akira gave an understanding hum. “I can empathize the burden that responsibility brings. There’s no doubt that he means well.” Now that their conversation became less formal he felt more free to share details of his people. “The reason I was spurred to ask was mostly out of personal reasons. For me and a lot of my people, we put love on the highest pedestal. To us, love is the only reason we exist in a cold, uncaring universe. When I heard that he’s not around much. It saddened me out of sympathy. Familial love is an aspect of love that I myself cherish the most. So much so that if any of my family members wanted me to be with them as the cost of leaving behind my title. A position equivalent to figurative godhood. I would do it, any time.” Akira wasn’t bothered in expressing such deep, personal thoughts. Because it was the simple truth.

He gave a smile to Alicia expressing her opinion of formal gatherings. “It’s nice to hear this brings you happiness. I’ve long grown accustomed to court intrigue. So being open like this is a fresh feeling I welcome.” giving another glance around the place to admire the decor he spoke again. “I take it you have a place in mind to take our conversion to?”

Lost_Psion likes this post

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion
Posts : 148
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 24
Location : home

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:49 pm
Whatever the case with the effect his soul was having, his own attempts to limit the effects of it washing over their surroundings has only made it apparent to him that even without the scarf around her neck her soul was eating up the warmth being left behind, leaving a golden hue to grow in her hair from the roots and spreading outwards along the rest of her hair. She seems pretty unaffected about it, perhaps it was a similar situation to why her hair turns black while she wears the scarf around her neck... Akira could tell that there was more than just magic woven into the fabric, a sliver of her fathers soul was woven into it... The scarf was practically an artefact on its own.

His talk of understanding and empathy were taken with a grain of salt, it was their first meeting... And despite his brazen open behaviour can be taken as something more than odd. His arrival alone is suspect... So despite her confident and casual atmosphere around her she was understandably wary of Akira. "And yet you still rule? I do not think it is nearly as cut and dry as that... Principles must exist above and beyond most things. Though I do respect the family central mindedness your people have, its rather close to our own values." She says as she offers him a sincere smile, the Firstborn and her own family value family above all. And that's why, while she doesn't like that her father leaves, she trusts that he does it for them and their safety... He threw away everything to save her when they first met. Though she worries he may do it again a second time. So from what Akira could tell, family issues is a touchy subject to cover someone she just met.

When he brought up a place in mind she did nod as a door opened on their left. A room normally reserved for delegations and talks to be held connected to a more private garden that she took him out into. Even in the dead of night the garden was vibrant with some illuminating plants and such. "This place has another atmosphere at night, I like it despite how drowsy I get with the lack of actual sunlight. Moonlight helps but only so much... Where should we begin?"

Eteru Zvonimir likes this post

Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir
Posts : 674
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 25
Location : Angelarium

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:57 pm
“I suppose we could get through the topic that brought me here.” He stroll in the garden. Enjoying having a conversation in such a cozy area. “For a long time, Canglong never dealt much with neighbors beyond simple trading. Not so much from the east. Powers we are interested in ever trade with are simply too far away. Not to mention the Empire of Bezannia sits between us. An empire that leaves much to be desired. The west is more appealing to interact with but again, they’re a bit too far away for them to invest heavily in our relationship.” He paused. Looking over the array of flora before him.

“We are cautious of outsiders. In ways we have grown too used to our general isolation. That makes us more reluctant to extend an open hand. To us, we value the notion of comradeship. If a bond is to be built between two nations. We want it to be firm as a fortress that stands for centuries. Based not on materialistic things, but on concepts. The Eternal Empire of the Jackals is a testament to this framework. Anubites, Amurrak, Arachain, Humans, Eshnadim, and the Amziel. All serve different purposes to the greater whole. So I ask you this, how do we utilize our strengths for each other? What aspect of your people can breathe new life into us and vice versa?” He faced Alicia with a passive expression. Soft curiosity in his gaze.

Lost_Psion likes this post

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion
Posts : 148
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 24
Location : home

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:03 pm
Alicia took well to their stroll around the garden, despite the chill of the night time breeze she was unaffected, the Empress radiating her own warmth that the plats around her seemed to respond positively too, hearing that his peoples desire for outside interaction was something that was weighing on them now was something of a surprise. In the past they had always seemed happy in observing and content with dealing with their own affairs, something that was apparent when the War of Two Blades started almost over a decade ago and ended 2 years later. Though she does understand the desire of not wishing to overextend ones reach with gaining relations. "8 years ago we had a similar issue with over extending ourselves. We were lending aid to a race who's planet cam to us and the peoples of the Nebula for aid. For the first 3 or so years we were more than happy to contribute, we had a sizable amount of territory on the planet. But logistically we couldn't commit for much longer, not with our struggles of recovery after the War we won afew years earlier. We had no choice but to recall most of our assets with an agreement for the territory to be taken by the Athailian, a now protectorate race for the Anubites."

It was true that she let the territory go with some unease, she and her father had wanted to keep the assets there so relations could flourish with both the natives of the world and so the people of the Nebula could get used to them as allies. But the strain was simply too much with their recovery from the war taking its toll on their outlaying colony worlds. "We still have a presence out there, but it amounts to trading groups and some small time security teams that are protecting things we still need moving back to the homeworld."

When he asked about what their peoples could do for one another it gave her pause, she had already thought of the pros and cons alongside the benefits they could provide for each other but which would be best to bring up above the rest. Still it was good to hear that they value something like this potential bond between their peoples so highly, it must be something made to last. "I have been giving it alot of thought. Of course the immediate benefits I could think of besides better trade between our two peoples is the chance learn, your people have a much better grasp of magic and the natural arts than us. Something we are keen to learn, what we can offer is our advances in medical technology and gene therapy. Nevermind military applications to such. The Firstborn value family and comradery, something we don't like to break or take lightly. So if our peoples do becomes friends, we'll defend that friendship."

Eteru Zvonimir likes this post

Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir
Posts : 674
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 25
Location : Angelarium

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:11 pm
Akira gives a simple nod. Gaze elsewhere. “It has been more than a decade since that war. Roughly three million Iammelonian lives lost.” His tone was somber. Distant Canglong may be. No matter the distance they will always express their grief in such drastic loss in life. “This instability is something we don’t wish. We don’t want to bury our sons and daughters for a foreign nation that part ways with us afterward. Yes, I know you had good intentions. Overextension is something anyone can understand. But we have to look away from the lens of pragmatism. And through the eyes of mothers, fathers, siblings, wives, husbands, children, coworkers, friends who lost someone from that war. Leaving a cold, empty space in their lives that they will carry to their graves. No amount of pretty words to justify the war, or how much one gives them aid, can ever mend that rift in their lives. Grief never goes away.” He wouldn’t be surprised if those millions still hate the Firtborn. Especially when they pull out and never contact them for years afterward. In their eyes, they left. And nothing permanent remained that served as a reminder for the lives ruined.

He gave a soft smile at hearing her claim that the Firstborn value bonds. “Those are good things. But they are still too transient. The word of another doesn’t give comfort on its own. And trade is as I said, too materialistic for any sort of permanence. We must contribute something to another that can still be felt long after if any of us is possibly gone. Something that no other group can easily replicate. To give an idea, Canglong is home to a variety of species and subspecies. Myself for instance is a Land Quilin. We can shape the very environment around us. Even move the mountains themselves. From us we can give you environmental aid and teachings in terraforming. The Sky Qilin are an extension of the heavens. They can offer aid and teach you how to colonize and/or farm gas giants. I can go on what each of us can bring to leave a long lasting presence. But this is what I was trying to illustrate.”

Lost_Psion likes this post

Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion
Posts : 148
Join date : 2019-08-03
Age : 24
Location : home

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:38 pm
Alicia knew that it was very likely that millions still despised the firstborn within that nebula despite assurances to the contrary. And she wouldn't blame them for it, she likely wouldn't argue. They could have stayed, tried to broker agreements to alleviate their tensions and issues... Though her own people started to worry about the ever increasing sightings of the changed Zerg in the Nebula's rank and file, it perturbed them and tensions arose... The only safe bet was to back off before the Nebula started to rear its head to the increasing tensions, with the civil war brewing, it could have easily shifted to both sides joining against the Firstborn if they saw it as a threat that was butting heads with one of their new uplifts.

It was regretful but ultimately unavoidable to preserve the uneasy peace that came with being a nation not part of Iammelon yet worked alongside them... The nation was distrustful of outsiders especially ones that didn't agree with their way of life. This wasn't an issue 10 years ago, the two nations had a decent track record until the Iammelon insistence on changing the Zerg instead of destroying them... Something that the entirety of her family strongly believed in, especially herself... The Zerg committed genocide, making herself the very last of her kind that she and her father knew of.

"The loss of lives in those two years... The effects are still relevant today. I only know of it through reports and recordings. I was not... Well I wasn't present for those years of war." At first she was sceptical of even telling him the tale of her resurrection after her death at the hands of the Zerg 15 years ago, it was something she didn't feel like divulging just yet since she herself could hardly believe the tale herself despite the evidence and her being very much alive.

The more Akira gave her examples of how they could help each other, the more it started to feel like she had nothing to offer them... Though that was the issue with her empire being far younger than Canglong, a nation that has existed for thousands of years before the Firstborn were even a concept. Something that showed in her expression as she scrunched her nose in frustration and her gaze diverted from his own, perhaps she was too hasty to be seeking allies outside her nation despite a decade passing. "You will have to forgive me, outside of the examples I have given I am not sure what else my people can offer... We do not have much of a culture to speak of and are still finding our feet in that regard. While we do have subspecies here in the Firstborn they are mainly for combative purposes and all of them are for physical benefits and Psionic potential."



Sponsored content

Star Clover [Richard/Eteu] Empty Re: Star Clover [Richard/Eteu]

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum