Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 10 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:25 pm
Sethus nodded, as it made sense to update herself on the nations in and around Iammelon, given that it would be rather relevant to her once she was off Angelarium. Particularly those relevant to his own Empire. So he smiled and nodded, "Good to hear that you studied up! Yes, the Zantines are a rather important bunch, the history of our two empires is rather closely intermingled. Quite a bit of conflict, some cooperation, and ultimately a fate that was tied together in Iammelon. Quite an interesting way history develops, no? Regardless, some cross overs in appearance makes sense. After all, very possible for coincidences to happen in this wide universe. Though liking the Bez is interesting. Not sure they are winsome, but I'll leave you to that observation." He didn't seem to infer her liking of fluffy sentients as well as animals yet, so the word choice worked thus far, "All the same, that is the value of history. Hold it dear to your heart, and you go beyond the foolish short term, stepping into a smart long term where both your ethics and prosperity can be assured."

Approaching the Pyramid, Sethus also noted that it seemed that there was another visitor. These places were almost always sealed otherwise. He clutched his staff carefully and nodded to Heulyn, "Yes, it should be. Likely just a visitor, but be cautious and stay behind me, just in case. Let's go." He stepped forward and with a wave of his hand the gate opened. The inside was similar to the last Yuya tomb they had been in, very clean and empty, all except the lighting and sarcophagus in the very center. The lighting was dim, and Sethus walked inside somewhat, making sure Heulyn was close at hand. But once they were inside enough, the gate slid on its own and closed, sealing itself.

Suddenly appearing, sitting atop the central sarcophagus was another Anubite, clutching a glowing skull. The High Lord grimaced, speaking under his breath, "Nerotep... So you are here." The Yuya lord glanced up at Sethus, then back at his skull, giving it a small wave without speaking. This soon invoked a spirit to rise from the skull, forming into another Anubite form, this one not quite resembling a healthy jackal. This one laughed, taking a casual sitting pose as he spoke out, "Oh, more visitors! Here I was expecting only my grandest son... But here I have a pretender and a torch bearer. Welcome to my tomb... Will you be joining my rotting corpse?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 10 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:51 pm
The word choice was to highlight their biology. She didn’t find them endearing as a people. But she didn’t feel the need to correct that misunderstanding. For it seems to be a racist thing to say or was the term speciesist? She’ll have to look that up later. The time for small talk had come and come as they stood before the gate. When Sethus step forward she went to head after him. Her flame billowing in a normal manner once more. The light of which help counter the dim lighting inside the tomb somewhat as a typical torch would. Giving her an easier time to make out the two anubites before them. So that’s Lord Nerotep. The tension between him and Sethus was thick. No doubt built after the last few weeks or however long this been going on. A tingle of awkwardness tingle across her shoulders. Given she has a lack of context of what had already been spoken between them so it would be tricky to intervene between them. Thankfully there is a slim opportunity beside stepping into the line of fire.

It’s to be noted that as a person that had been around dead people for a major part of her life, more specifically the eccentric ones. She’s easily charmed by oddities in someone than anyone ‘normal’ would be. In contrast to Sethus scowl that was written across his face. Her face was practically beaming. Displaying nothing but positive emotions. Heuyln was a deviant in this regard as is with most of her personality. Desiring to come to an understanding with others, to hold out an open hand of compassion to anyone. Uncaring of the risk that she may be hurt by them. It was a trait that many called her out on it, deeming her foolishly naive. And she’s aware of this. It’s why she can’t settle into a life of normality. Once a person step into the moonlit world they are forever fated to walk with death. It was from this perspective she had come to understand the nature of compassion and redemption. If no one allows the discarded of society to be redeemed it’ll never happen. Sucali is a stranger that was no question. He could very well be a trickster. But regardless of all of those potential dangers. If she does not at the very least hold out an open hand she may very well be a hypocrite.

She took a step forward. Free hand across her chest to give a respectable bow. “We are indeed visitors! I’m Heulyn Lloyd, a Amziel under the apprenticeship of Sethus. It’s very nice to meet you Sucali! That does sound like a pleasant idea actually. Truth be told I wanted to have a private discussion with you. So doing in the sarcophagus would be perfect. I’m sure it would give the others here time to have a respectable discussion.” She continues to smile. It was not lost on her that Sethus and Nerotep probably already had a lot of talks in the past and obviously failed. But it never hurts for them to try again. Besides it gives her a potential window of opportunity to speak to Sucali on her own. Lately she has been conducting a working theory lately and yesterday with the two spirits has affirm her some parts of her hypothesis. It was also clear to her that Sucali probably does not expect such an answer and would decline but as thought before. It never hurts to try. Well except for her health but that’s an acceptable risk.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:53 pm
As one might have expected given that particular answer, the Anubite Spirit was rather confused. Most folk took that as the threat it was, and not literally, and even fewer among them would just agree to get in a coffin. He could tell that she wasn't simply being sarcastic either, and was apparently entirely serious about getting into the coffin along with his corpse. But after the confusion passed, Sucali broke out laughing, his laughter echoing through the chamber, "[i]I like this one, they're not quite okay in the head! Ahahahaha! Yes, yes, I like you. You can live, so stay out of my coffin, not for the living, ehehehehe. But I do like visitors, talking is good. It drowns them out, and lets me focus on more than death. Ahahaha, how about you, child?!" His head swiveled to look at Nerotep, who was still sitting calmly, although he had put the skull down.

The Yuya Lord was quiet, still staring Sethus down, before finally stepping up and holding his arms out at either side. With his eyes closed, armor began to form around him. It resembled the same armor as Sethus, that of a High Lord. The armor had green inscriptions across it however, and slightly glowed. He fit perfectly to his form, although he didn't get a helmet. His eyes opened and he stared directly at Sethus, speaking clearly, "This is your final warning, faker. Surrender your throne to its rightful ruler, and you can be spared. But if you will continue with this insolent behavior then I will remove you myself. I am the rightful Rwim, and I am High Lord! You are a fake living a lie and I am not going to abide it any longer!"

Sethus stepped forward to speak back, "You foolish rebel! How dare you make such bold faced lies to claim a role that does not belong to you! You are not a Rwim, you are a Yuya! I am not sure why that does not satisfy you, but I will have none of it! Your insistence on this madness will see you fall if it continues!" The High Lord, while not in armor, was very serious, and the two Nobles were staring eachother down with murder in their eyes. Sucali meanwhile was laughing away at the display, clapping his hands and patting Nerotep on the back, like a trainer hyping up a boxer before a match.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:11 pm
Her smile continues to be present on her face. Not bothered by being called out on her madness. When we remember that we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. People like to stick with the status quo, a sense of structure and reason in their lives. It’s why it’s a natural reaction to dislike change, especially radical ones. But sociology aside, no excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness. And she’s self aware of her distorted delirium. A monument that divides her from normality. An outsider that can only look in. “Hehehe, I believe you will indeed find me quite mad. Very much so. I’ve been going through extensive therapy with the mystics for the last few weeks. Counseling, healing, and talking. So much talking. But that’s not all. Even outside of therapy I’m talking. They think I don’t notice it, keeping me busy and distracted.” It’s not to say she dislikes it. Very much the opposite. For she is simply trying to appear appealing to Sucali. Besides, deep down she’s aware of her deviancy. No one can truly stay ‘sane’ after all the things she went through.

Her mouth open once more to continue to speak but was interrupted by the two other Anubites in the room butting heads. Somewhat bulking at out quick they both got fired up. It hasn’t been a minute yet! There was now a sense that this was not the first time they got into a fight either. Tightening her grip around the staff she surprisingly restrain herself from going to Sethus side for a few reasons. First being that she can use this moment to talk to Sucali, Second being that she is a poor fighter so getting between two powerful mystics highly skills in magicks that she never seen before would be too suicidal, even more so her herself. Which leads to the third reason for taking this as a learning experience to see how Anubites fight with magic.That way she can later help out when she got a good idea. But for now to try to speak to Sucali. Looking back to him she tilted her staff slightly to the side of the room. “Do you wish to have our conversation over there?” She spoke politely while silently mouthing It’s also a good spot to sit and watch no? To appeal to his madness.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:09 pm
Sucali broke out laughing once more. He seemed to be rather easily amused in truth, clapping his hands rapidly and nodding his head, "Oh I know the shrinks! They do looove talking. Yippity yap, talky walky! Ahahahaha! All that talking didn't work however, they couldn't keep me distracted however, it doesn't work at all! Not when it comes to the important things, those things don't stop mattering. You can't distract me from them! So I deeply hope you don't think it will work this time..." While his expression grew rather dark for a moment, the spirit did look over to where she gestured and read her lips, and he quickly grew happy and energetic once more, seeming to quite like the prospect, "Ah yes, yes! That sounds quite nice! Come, come, rapidly now!" He picked up his skull and just threw it across the room, and when it landed it seemed to sprout bleachers. This included a set of floodlights which gave off dark red light, one light falling on each of the two Anubite Lords. Sucali appeared sitting in the center, happily patting a spot next to him.

Meanwhile, things were heating up between Sethus and Nerotep, who were stepping a bit closer to eachother, staring into eachother's eyes the whole time. Sethus didn't stop Heulyn from moving away, as he did personally agree it was better for her to stay out of the firing line. He was not expecting to find Nerotep here, not now. If he had known, he would not have brought her. But no words were exchanged, just looks. Looks of hate and determination on both sides, yet also still no action just yet. Neither wanted to make the first word, leaving them in a degree of limbo.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:22 pm
Already she was learning of the capabilities that Sucali posses. Which just further affirms her plan of action. On the flip side she did enjoy Sucali oddities. Amusing even. With a smile she hurriedly got to the bleachers. Sitting down beside the old spit she made a motion of setting her staff near her knees. Seemingly able to stand on its own despite the bottom not being flat. “Ah what a lovely view no? Good touch with the floodlights by the way.” It did give the air a grim vibe but there was something nonsensical about it all. Something about two Anubite standing across each other in darkness with with a beam of light shining down on each of them. It gave her a sense that she was a theater. She was almost expecting for either of them to break out into song. Almost. It’s to be noted that she’s a fan of the arts.

With the Anubites locked in a staredown she turned her head to face Sucali. Seemingly not bothered at all to be sitting next to such a sickly Anubite. “But as you were saying...I can assure you that your hope is not misplaced. There’s important things out there. Things that I feel...is misinterpreted by Anubite society.” She was careful not to say anything too radical yet. Best lead him than dump all her philosophical musings on him. A thoughtful look spread across her features. “Insanity in individuals is something rare but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. In a way that is how normalization work. A Anubite is born and is told of everyone of the rule. Even the spirits speak of the rule. And as a result, that Anubite can never grasp a reality without that rule. Hilarious is it not? We see things for how it really is yet they call us the mad ones.” It was known to her that she was mostly using guesswork on what nature of madness Sucali may have. So she try to phrase it in a vague way.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:39 pm
It was almost like a theater, with each of the Anubites playing their parts. They stopped getting closer now, and now simply started to walk in circles while staring the other down. Both of them gripping their staves in anxious expectation of the other launching an attack, while also contemplating the possibility of a sort of quick draw attack to take the other down. They cycled like this to the point where now Sethus was in front of Sucali's coffin, and Nerotep in front of the door. That got them both to finally stop circling, and simultaneously slam their staves down in front of them, hands drifting to the spirit orbs built into each, though not yet summoning any spirits, seemingly both waiting to see what the other called out, and perhaps call out a suitable counter.

Meanwhile, Sucali was anything but tense, very pleased with himself making this fun show that they were watching now. He conjured what looked like a big bowl of popcorn, and tossed it to Heulyn just as suddenly. The thing he actually kept for himself was a small soda, slurping it a bit before looking back to Heulyn, "Misinterpreted? No, no, no. That implies they know, that they have the right knowledge and are just using it wrong. That's wrong, very wrong. I am mad because I know important things, different things that are true. But that changes reality, no good, no... I'd have been better off not knowing either! Grandfather's secrets were not worth it. Ahahahahaha! You're right that things get normal, even madness! But when you listen to the voices, what do they tell you, hm? Do they mutter to you about how left is right? No, no. They're smarter than that. They tell you to search for things, and make your own conclusions. Check one record, one test, and change the world. But that change is only in your mind! The challenge is bringing that change outside! And when you can't do that... When you snap under the pressure instead, and question your own reality that seems so real and yet is so stuck... Poof!" He looked like he wanted to start laughing again, but didn't. Instead his left hand just started to shake, and he whimpered, and yet smiled.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:56 am
Heulyn was a bit impressed with the theatrics that they were both committing to. In hindsight it does much sense for the arts to be an important part of the empire educational curriculum. Listening to Sucali beside her and giving a quick thanks for the popcorn, she gave a simple nod. “Oh don’t get me wrong. You are correct. They don’t know at all! I just didn’t want to sound so outright blasphemous yet. Because I can feel it, of how much they would decry it as profane and sacrilege. They speak of Knowledge. Of Balance. Of Truth. I think I can guess why you may think changing reality is bad. All truth passes through three stages after all. First it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed and third it is accepted as being self-evident. In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act. A revolution that can upheaval the entire empire concept of their status quo!” Not to get too carried away she recollect herself. “The truth is rarely pure and never simple. Truth is the breath of life to society. It is the food of the immortal spirit. Yet a single word of it may kill a person as suddenly as a drop of acid.” While verbose she wanted to both get the point across and carry out the conversation.

She took at look at the coffin. Imagining Sucali dead body laying in it. How maddening it is. To just stare at your dead body for hours, days, years, decades, and even centuries. Alone in a dark tomb. “You know. I met a spirit yesterday. He told me this. ‘You'll find that rousing a spirit just to make them tell a story is a very important part of a Spirit Mystic's duty.’” For the first time in weeks her voice held a tone of disgust. Appalled at how Renesab seem to not care at how morbidly wrong that is. She can understand the need to anchor spirits. Like how Amzielean magic system does with familiars. But for all the respect that the Anubite claim to have for their ancestors. They sure like to keep them locked in a velvet cage. “Sucali. Out of curiosity. Is this tomb gate to keep people out, or keep you in.” That made her wonder if there’s a small minority in the empire. Spirit Rights Activist sounds like a possibility but given the culture here she muse that it would be a fringe group. “Ah, I’m rambling on too much. Excuse me for that. Say you Grandfather had secrets that made you mad? Care to enrich my delirium?” She attempts to ask. Believing to have come off as somewhat truly mad by now.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:29 am
The theatrics were for themselves as well as each other, and seemed to be a combination of simple arts, in order to get across a message to their contemporary, as well as strategy. Both were trying to identify an opening in the other, as well as try to predict whether or not the enemy was about to attack. Sethus and Nerotep moved to their next step; bringing in help. Both summoned two spirits each, warriors all. The two soldier-spirits Nerotep called upon could be recognized as wearing similar armor to that of the soldiers Heulyn would've witnessed prior in the Yuya sections of the city. Meanwhile the soldiers Sethus called upon manifested wearing far more regal armor, although still very distinct; Rwim Royal Guardians. The soldiers followed along in the theatrics, taking positions at either side of their respective lords, to stare down the enemy yet further.

Sucali meanwhile laughed at Heulyn, nodding his head along to her speech on the matter of truth. He pointed to himself when she mentioned the acid, but said nothing else. His hand notably stopped shaking as well, although now he was tapping his right foot along. He looked to the coffin himself, his head creaking a bit, before he responded in a low tone, "Yes... It is an important part of the duty. For when the Mystic is not around, the spirits sleep. Time passes very quickly for me... As for that question... Both! Most people cannot be allowed near spirits, it's very simple. Most people can't handle it! Too likely to go mad, break the tombs, very bad bad things, you see. I wouldn't like somebody doing that to me, or banishing my anchor. That would go very poorly for all involved. But I'm special, I stay in here. Most spirits can't leave simply because straying too far from the anchor would have them drift back to the world beyond, but not me. I stay in here, locked in here, because I can't be afforded to go outside and speak to just anybody. Madness is contagious." He simply left that there, before listening to her next request and laughing again. Whether or not he believed her being mad, he did respond, "Oh, mayhaps. But are they the secrets of my grandfather? Or just one wearing his face and name, giving it away to another? Or perhaps both? Who really knows! Except the two who make the exchange, that is. Maybe there are more than two?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:39 pm
Snippets of memories float crest her mind as she watches the scene before her. Feeling that she was watching a Patémon episode. Almost expecting them to just battle with spirits from their orbs in the respective staves. All this needs is catchy music in the background to really sell the vibes. A bit tempted to toss the suggestion to Sucali of conjuring up a pair of microphones to to act as sports commentators. It seem like something that he would enjoy doing. However there was an inclination that they may annoy the two with their shenanigans. So it was safer to stick to the spectator role. Munching on her popcorn she look over the different armor that the spirits have on. It was cool to see what they wore. While by no means that she has any fashion sense she does appreciate the art all the same.

Listening to Sucali she finally let out her own mirthful laughter. Enjoying this discourse with the old spirit. “I can’t argue the point of most people being unable to comprehend it. More so in the young! Did you know that our brains protect us from mortal truth. The brain shields us from existential fear by categorising death as an unfortunate event that only befalls other people. Many are even more unaware of just how delicate the psyche is, such as going out of whack so easily with minor elements, such as wall colors and staircase placement. Those who use them every day would be affected more dramatically. Vision is not what you see but an image that the brain can comprehend. We live in a galaxy of abstraction and perspective. But again, people have a hard time looking at it that way.” It was a reason why Amzielean Magecraft is so fickle to understand. Because it requires a fundamental level of understanding of an outside perspective. To truly understand what Mystery is in terms of magic.

Continuing with her line of thought she went on to speak more of it to Sucali. “To recite what someone told me about perspective. What does a view from a high place remind you of? The impulse you feel when you look down at the world you live in. A violent cognition that attacks you even if you refuse it. An emotion created by an overlooking view. That’s “far”. The scenery you see from a high place is magnificent. Even an ordinary landscape looks beautiful. But a vision that’s too large creates a boundary between you and the world. It’s more correct for you to recognize the large world you see as the world you live in, rather than as the small space around you. But you can’t feel that you’re living in this big world no matter how hard you try. Your reasoning represented by your knowledge, and you experience represented by your realization, will crash against each other. And eventually you will lose yourself and confusion will begin. Our vision is protected by our common sense. We cannot live outside this box under normal circumstances.” She then let out a sigh as she hears him mentioning the anchors.

“I understand the need of anchors. But that is the failings of the status quo come in. Stuck to tradition and keeping things the same. In all the hundred thousand years why they could not invent ways to make spirits more free to move around?” It was something she thought about. Considering she’s planning to come up with a way to support a larger amount of Servants and unbeknownst to her so was Goljumesh. “Ah, I’ll worry about that later. Let us feast and enjoy the show. But you know, I have found both freedom and safety in my madness. The freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us.” Popping in some popcorn she felt she been stretching out this topic for quite awhile. “Besides my rambling let’s chat about something simple. Say some sweet gossip. I’ve heard Nerotep is the true High Lord correct and that Sethus is a fake. So what’s the story? A hidden love affair of illegitimate children? A dastardly plot? A grand and over convoluted series of happenstances?” A giggle escapes her. For she enjoys listening to such stories.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:23 am
As the two Anubite Lords continued their intense staredown, they simply kept still. It was clear however they were both listening to what Sucali and Heulyn were talking about. Neither could take their attention off the opponent however, and thus give an opening for an attack, so they could not chip in. They could only observe and listen. Still, it was important for them to do so, given the nature of Heulyn's last question. Sucali meanwhile had no worries about enemies, laughing again, "I know lots of things, lots of things big and little. But do you really think it is good to look beyond? What does it gain you? I see many things, and they make me wish to be blind. You don't really know what lies beyond a functioning mind, and you don't want to. Would you happily give up yourself, just to see things that are perhaps underwhelming? No. No. You don't!" He flashed forward, his face coming straight in front of Heulyn with angry eyes.

But just as quickly, he flashed back, shaking his head a few times. He looked around in what seemed to be confusion, before settling back on Heulyn and seeming to remember where he was, speaking quietly,  "Confusion always comes, to all... It's not about vision, or the senses. It is thought. Good thoughts reconcile, bad thoughts fester. They become a virulent poison that changes those senses, eroding reality from within. But the reality is simple, you never realize when things are breaking, only when they are finally shattered. And then what's left? You don't know. You should not know." He looked down, looking at his hand and creaking head slightly to the side. Each finger moved a bit, like Sucali was testing they all still worked, before laughing again, "Think too much, and yet... You think too little. Perhaps instead of slamming into the wall, ask why it was built in the first place and then always repaired. Then, consider something more. When you stretch somebody too far, do they not break? There is a reason I stand as one of few truly mad spirits." On that somber note, one could see what appeared to be a small tear in Sucali's eyes.

Then, that tear turned to fire, illuminating the spirit's irises. He laughed again, shaking his head at Heulyn, seeming to pity her, "You are a slave then! A slave to the madness! Turn away and run while you can, little no-fur! It is a mistress whom you wish not take hold of you." Then, he shook his head again, "You do not listen! I told you already! Watch!" He leaped and landed rather close by to Heulyn, having turned to face her entirely and sitting on his knees. He held up his pointer fingers in both hands, keeping the left and right hand distant, "Two people, identical to the eye, but not in spirit. Left and Right Fingie. But then..." He moved the two fingers together, rubbing them together, "Right and Left did not like their roles. No no. Right wished to be Left, and Left to be Right. And so, they tried." The two fingers, as Heulyn would be able to see, suddenly detached from their respective hands, and took the place of the other, and then the hands separated again. The fingers were still held up, and looked the same as before, "To the world outside, all is the same. But Left cannot stop being Left, and Right cannot stop being Right."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:43 am
That struck a chord deep within her. To see things so otherworldly that she wished to forget them. Cling on to some semblance of rationality. In a way it made her think a bit about the nature of her soul relic. That somewhere across the line she began to bury her memories in order to stay rational. A feasible theory if she had been reincarnated so many times. With that in mind she could sympathize with Sucali in a way. To the point of strangely breaking out into lonesome laughter. Some old, world-weary part of her was assumed by the assumption. “Oh my friend, my dear friend.” Laughing so hard she was having trouble catching her breath. Taking a wheeze she was able to speak coherently. “One of the most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. But I. Being a silly, foolish little girl. Have been sailing out into that black sea for such a long, long time.” Her words drag a bit to truly empathize it. With his angry eyes so close to her warm amber eyes he could almost get a sense of timelessness within those rings. Along with a tired and content expression on her face. “I do know of things that lie beyond. But you are right. I’m scared. Terrified even to uncover why I forgotten things. Buried them deep within my soul. That if I were to open the silver chest, I dread that I wouldn’t be able to close it for a second time.” Sucali was a good Anubite to talk to even he was mad. Because he can understand how maddening the universe can be.

When she was called a slave she laughed once more. For it had again struck a somber and sensitive chord. “I’m very much a slave to my Fate! Of my madness and oblivion! An architect to my own suffering! But I don’t care! Let them call me a fool! A loon! For...that is...what I am.” Her laughs quickly die down to silent chuckles. She did come to acceptance but it did not mean her wounds weren’t still sensitive. Her torch-staff was flickering at a lethargic manner. Quiet and distant. Looking up to it the spirit could see a sense of great age on her youthful face lit by the soft light of her torch-staff. “I’m very much like a fire you know. Stand too far and you’ll freeze. Come to close and you burn to death. Stare directly at me and you become blind. But stand just right to nourish from my warmth. Do you see? To always be alone, watching life flourish around me from my warmth but never can I interact with them. For like fire I bring destruction. A deluge of chaos that leaves nothing but ashes.” There was a positive spin on a later sentence but she left it out to truly look pitiful to him. She did let out a weak chuckle. “You caught me out that I was thinking too much. It was intentional. I...try to not think about the other thoughts by just drowning it out with other things.” To a degree it had worked the past weeks. But came to be overtaxing in some areas.

By this point Heulyn to was sitting on her knees. The empty popcorn carton down on the ground next to the bleachers. Watching Sucali with interest as he went to explain in his own way. Her bout of depression fading much more quickly than it would weeks ago. Eyes widen in possible realization. “Their souls were swapped around but none noticed because they can only see the physical body right?” It felt that what he was trying to get across.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:50 am
The laughing got Sucali to laugh along with her, even though he didn't really know why. Laughing was something he just enjoyed. His eyes revealed his real feelings however, something resembling fear, worry, and also strangely happiness. The why for each would have to be inferred however, as Sucali was also not a very open individual, "You should be scared, and stay scared. Fear is a good reaction. Keep it closed. There are things one does not need to know, they only harm. You can't use knowledge if your mind is too shattered to utilize it! Ahahahah! Heh... Yes, a fire. A fire kept on a torch and a chain... But as you burn, take care not to burn out. The soul's heat burns brightly, but cannot last without fuel. Don't run out."

Then he shook his head heavily, shaking so hard he looked like he was trying to shake off water. When he finally stopped, he brought up his fingers again, "No, no. Body and Soul are the same! The name is different! But the body, people only look on the outside! And when two bodies look so similar... Does anybody notice if they change?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:43 pm
She weakly chuckle in response. Sucali striking it home once more with his words of the mind being too shattered to use its wisdom. A smile spread her lips hearing him join in her poetry of fire. “They say that all sparks must burn out. That all must heed the curtain call. That fire wax and wane with the passing of time. Quenched under the rain and snow.” Closing her eyes she clenched her hand above her chest. “So it needs fuel. Something grand and plentiful that it ser a torch ablaze forevermore. It took me a while. Talked with so many people. Been through many things. I have wondered in the early days. Of what fuels my weary soul. Duty? Obligation? Love? Hope?” Opening her eyes she look over to the opposing lords. In particular to Sethus. “Earlier I told Sethus that faith was abstract and I could tell he did not agree with that view.” She let out a soft, quiet giggle. “At the time I was just explaining how my race magic system worked. Never myself.”

Looking back to the spirit she thought back to those distant days. “In a way, I knew it was faith that saved me. But I still yet to truly understand what the means. Deep down, I feel my life has been a journey to reach that ever distant horizon. To search endlessly, to walk the dark roads while being a light to others. Faith is like lighting the torch that passes from one person to the next. You can't light the torch of another if yours isn't burning. But I asked myself once. When did it start burning? What is the subconscious ‘Faith’ that has been fueling it.” She shook her head once more. Catching herself that she was rambling again. Opting to focus on Sucali actions. Eyes lit up with her second guess. “Twins?”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:29 pm
Sethus of course, since he was listening, heard that last bit and sighed, slightly shaking his head due to seeing that Heulyn hadn't quite understood him. But he wasn't in a position to speak up and correct her. The reason for why, Nerotep, was simply smirking however at that callout. The standstill remained however. Sucali meanwhile held up one hand, which suddenly entirely caught fire, and started just flailing it around, "Fire fire fire! It's not so simple you see! It burns out when it stays still, it must always keep moving and growing to survive! The fuel comes not from within, but only from without! That is why one grows when they learn!" He finally stopped moving his arm, and it instantly cooled off, with Sucali taking on a darker tone, "Faith, whatever it is, never quite helped me. I have no reason for it. Not when it amounts to so very little, and brings you down when it is shattered like glass. Don't live a lie, it makes the truth hurt even more."

His tone suddenly changed once more, now more upbeat, "But always good to bring things around to others, yes yes. That's a way to keep going. Just make sure people are listening." And then he shook his head, although this time more in amusement than annoyance, "Twins, twins. From the outside, appears so. But people are simple and superficial. Who needs to be twins by blood, when you so similar and raised knowing the other so well?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:42 pm
The excitement radiating from Sucali was infectious. The streaking flames rousing a surge of newfound energy. “Yes!” She raised her clenched hands before her. “I must always move onwards! I can’t be idle for fire is not static!” Her golden-amber eyes glimmer with partial understanding. “That’s one reason why I came to the Anubite Empire! Why I delve into another culture that I have yet to truly scratch the tip of the iceberg of. I needed to grow! To experience! To learn! To find myself so that I’m not just emulating others!” As if they were riding on the same wavelength she too cool off as well. Setting her hands back down on her lap. Looking down in empathy. “It goes to show why I seek to learn. There is so much I don’t understand yet.” It was clear that she should not push the topic against so much so she didn’t elaborate on what she meant.

A smile return to her face hearing his upbeat mannerism. “It goes to show that I truly have much to understand then.” That is she came here. To finally begin to learn about the outside world and in the process learn about herself. Of who had built the wheel. Twisting she pull her legs back over to hang off the side. Facing the two lords who seem to not have moved much. Prompting to tilt her head a bit before it finally dawned on her that they may have been listening. Not much of a surprise given the enclosed space was an echo chamber and they were similar to canines. With a bit of a pout and swishing her legs back and forth she spoke out to the men. “Enjoying our nonsensical rambling are we! Well that just can’t do now can it.” She nudges Sucali with her elbow. Giving him a sidelong mischievous grin. “Hey Sucali. Why don’t we spice things up to motivate them? Say perhaps a field hazard. That would make things fun to watch.” It did not miss her that Sethus is suppose to win but she needs to keep building some sense of connection to Sucali. So she gives Sethus absolute faith that he can win. “Mmm or perhaps we can do a performance to motivate them. You can make a band of skeletons with you as a singer and I can be a fire dancer!”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:33 am
Sucali laughed as Heulyn gave her idea, and he started to think. He was tapping the tip of his snout to represent that he was in thought, before suddenly he snapped his finger and nodded, "Ah, I have my ways! Come, come! Come on my friends! Well, images of friends in my head, at least! One and the same with the real world, I shall make you real! Let's prepare for a song!" He clapped his hands together, and a number of magical skeletons came into being. They were made of blue energy, and they were just Anubite skeletons, although they had large top hats and canes in hand. And, with a wave of Sucali's hands, the skeletons started tap-dancing.

However, before they could really get into this act, Nerotep lost his patience. He had been listening and watching with some amusement, but he really was over with it now. He slammed his staff down, banishing the dancing skeletons, and then yelling out, "ENOUGH! No more of this, I will seize my rightful throne now!" He suddenly unleashed a great blast of energy upon Sethus, who ducked to the side to avoid it before firing another straight back at Nerotep, beginning a tug of war of energy beams. Meanwhile, the Ghost Soldiers charged forward and engaged in battle, clashing with swords drawn or getting into shootouts, depending on if they were equipped with blades or plasma weapons, or both.

One of Nerotep's Ghost Soldiers charged towards Heulyn, having identified her as being on the side of Sethus, and therefore the enemy. But as the Yuya soldier moved forward with blade drawn, intending to cut her down, suddenly large shackles appeared around his arms and legs, tying even his ghostly form to the ground. The one responsible was Sucali, who was frowning immensely, "Ruin my fun once, fine. My descendant did that already by making my little party go away. But no touching this one, because I like talking to them. You can come back after I am done!" A large golf club then appeared in Sucali's hands, and he walked down to the restrained soldier. With one mighty swing, he sent the warrior's form flying, with the small sound of a crowd cheering about a "hole in one" in the background, like an echo.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:33 pm
As the soldier made its arc through the air she lightly slam her torch-staff against the ground. Protons were agitated from the vibration of her magic. On the other side of the room, one could see numerous spots glow red before bolts of fire shot up into the air where it would explode in a dazzling display of pyrotechnics. Sucali would see her smiling face luminated by her conjured fireworks. “Good swing Sucali!” Giving him a friendly pat on the back before having to divert her attention to the other soldiers that were charging her. Phantasmal warriors of skill beyond her years. She can see it in the way they move and held their weapons. The gap between them and her can’t be ignored. Taking a deep breath she step away from Sucali to face spirits that were closing distance every second. Closing her eyes she bang her staff against the old earth. The room rang with the sound of large bells that one would find in a church. She bangs twice and thrice over. The rhythmic, deep tintinnabulation fill the room. For the first time, she was going to consciously activate her soul relic.

‘Atziluth - Choaa a'r Moorlnsiyha'sas’

Her markings began to glow with an inner light. Twinkling energy shimmer down her arm and across her body. The lull of the bells now rattleing her bones. A sound that both the living and the dead heed to. It’s there in the beginning to celebrate life and it’s there in the end to announce the end. Again and again it’s rung. The bells that speak of genesis and terminus. Once more she bang her staff. Metaphorically yanking the chain to ring her bell. Pops of red light dazzle behind her eyes. A tingling sensation crept up her spine. Faded memories begin to flutter before her closed eyes.

‘Wherever we tread the reaper shadow us. Our path is littered with corpses, we trudge through an ocean of blood. That is the extent of our similarities'

‘But there’s a difference between us. You have possessed strength, leaving nothing for your allies. And overcame everything with your own strength.’

‘Your desire for strength have burned strong. The flame that you upheld lit the valley of death in your ceaseless wander. Luring the forgotten to your warmth. Who had followed your commands to create a road where your fate is the law and that you would never need others help ever again.’

‘You have always been alone, ever since your creation, no one has stuck with you. Cursed to wander that gloomy limbo. So what will you do with supposed meaningless existence? Will you continue to carry that lonely fire to brink fleeting warmth to the godless lands? Will you seek to perfect your ideals that you have failed to claim? Or will your hatred and grudges overwhelm me to drown us in our depravity? The choice is yours, after all, it's the only choice you've ever been given hasn’t?’

Her vision distorted. In the darkness, she saw a figure standing before her garbed in dark clothing that made her blend into the shadows. Her eyes were covered by her large hoobie but she could see a ghost of a smile on the figure's face. The two links bond together once more. Another current of memories join the greater flow. Opening her eyes there was only one in all shining from within. Their thoughts now one.

‘let’s arise together Hae’
˥ǝʇ,s ɐɹᴉsǝ ʇoƃǝʇɥǝɹ Hǝnlʎu˙

The astral blades whisk through the air towards her exposed body. Her staff bang against the ground. Not to signify death, but to herald life. A deluge of power surge from beneath her feet. Scarlet winds buffet the blades away from her. The spirits flung back from the sudden column of power that sprang up around her. However it was not long before for it faded after only a few seconds. A sign of her soul relic beginning to stabilize itself. The power of its activation fell down like shimmering stardust. Fading away to reveal her in new attire that have seen many years of use. Ripped black jeans, worn black sweater that was fraying at the end of the sleeves, and mud coated boots. She still held her torch-staff in her black gloved hand. But it was lit with a different sort of flame. Black flames. As if some great darkness was swallowing a white light. But neither gave way to each other. It blazes in tandem, flooding the area around her in its twilight glow.

Her golden-amber eyes were the same as they peer out from under the hood. Catching the grey light from her strange fire. Albeit more duller than before. Watching the Yuya spirits collect themselves before charging after her once more. Passively she slammed her staff against the earth. Stirring the absolute darkness beneath the ground. The ground split beneath the spirits feet as blacks flames void of any light roar outwards. Swallowing them whole in its darkness. "Earth ter earth, ashes ter ashes, dust ter dust." It sounded almost like a small prayer or a sentimental passage. Her voice carries an strange accent. The mass of dark flames reside. Sinking back into the hole of the earth that quickly closes up whole afterward. From what the spirit mystics could tell in the room she had banished the spirits that were attacking her. For they would not be able to sense them.

Reaching up she pull her hoodie back. Showing off the same hairstyle but in a darker shade of red. “Mmm, right, I do actually prefer ter keep goin' on wiv yer Sucali. Yer’re a bit more fun than yor fella, i'n it? The bloomin' game o' thrones is quite ole.” She turned her head to smile at Sucali. Said spirit could feel that her spirit is still the same but the aura was different. It felt like being in front of a blazing fireplace with a heavy snowstorm outside the home.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:05 am
Heulyn's great display did not go unnoticed by everyone else in room, even if they generally busy with other matters like fighting for their lives, souls, or both. Sethus understood what was happening with Heulyn, and would've been a word of encouragement if he wasn't currently crossing staves with Nerotep, too tense to speak without breaking his concentration. He would have to leave it for later. Meanwhile Nerotep, similarly busy, took notice now and was beginning to understand why Sethus had taken Heulyn as an apprentice in an unusually unexpected fashion. High Lords usually only apprenticed their heirs or members of their own family, and only made exceptions for individuals of great note. Nerotep made a mental note to investigate this particular case more in-depth later, but right now he was too busy trying to dethrone that High Lord.

Meanwhile, the Yuya Spirit Soldiers got the hint to leave Heulyn alone. That display was part of it, making Heulyn something they'd likely need to focus down and that was not quite possible when engaged with a mass of soldiers summoned by Sethus. But the other part of it was Sucali, somebody the spiritual soldiers did not wish to enrage by disobeying his order to leave them alone. With these factors combined, Heulyn was collectively decided to not be a priority target, and be entirely left alone.

Sucali on the other hand was clapping his hands together like a child watching a thrilling sports event, a big happy grin on his face. He phased up and right next to Heulyn, one of his hands picking up the hood of her hoodie to inspect it before dropping it again and chuckling, "Oooh, new fashion taste, hm? Hm, it does fit the style. Could use a little more sprucing up, but it should do for now. But what I do notice is the change in voice... I can feel it, there's a few different people up here aren't there?" He flicked her forehead, still grinning. Stepping back, he started to swirl around one of his fingers, and Heulyn could feel her hair being pulled towards it. Gently, but there was still a force reaching, "Wonder how many there are! Two? Four? Twelve? Oh, I can feel there are a lot! Hahahaha! Wonder how hard it would be to rip them out one by one, so I can get a nice look at each of the nice voices up there..." He suddenly bounced back to the bleachers and shrugged, "Later! I'll do that later. For now, must say, Nery over there is not my fellow. My descendant. Far down. It was my children that continued the line. My father's heir died without kids, and I died before my High Lord brother did! So, they used my kids to continue the line! I should call them sometime." He conjured a banana and held it to his ear, before tossing it away, "No reception here, of course. Oh High Lord, while you're here, could you install a landline?" Sadly the Spirit's request was lost in the tumult of battle.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:33 pm
“Really lads? I got woken up and yer lot gonna ignore us now, eh?” The fused persona of Heulyn gave a disappointed sigh. Leaning her torch-staff against her collarbone as she sees the spirits divert their attention away from her. Not that it was a bad thing in the present moment. As joining in the fighting would just leave her back open to Sucali. Who with what she has seen so far has great skill over spatial manipulation. Her body was still the same but it was Heulyn’s body, not Hae’s. While her soul relic begun to make her immortal, her heart and brain were still fatal weak spots. So the amount of ways that Sucali could kill her is only limited by his imagination. And those who are mad tend to have quite colorful imagination. With all that in mind, Heulyn’s plan to talk with Sucali is still in action.

She gave a good reaction to Sucali fiddling with her. Grinning a bit at his antics. “I were not exaggeratin' that I'm a well o' mystery. Straight up, yer would be o' 'elp.” She admits to the spirit. There should be a more efficient way in unlocking her past than by just randomly awakening one whenever she uses her soul relic. “Yer see luv. I've been spinnin' on the weel o' reincarnation for wot feels ter be a long time. So far I only learned three o' them, includin' now. And from wot I can tell so far, this is the only life that I became aware o' me past experiences.. In one life I were a abstract bein' in a 'igher dimension, in aunuvver a giantess in a world o' ice, and now.” Memories of Hae flow around her vision. The sense of nostalgia was heavy on her chest. But she held a smile on her face. An expression of blissful content. Someone who had made good use of her meaningless life. “Ah it's a grand story with a greater ending. Melancholy, yet hopeful, Dark, yet upliftin'. The end came, not through flame and fightin', but through stories, words.” At the end Hae had truly understood what the spirit of fire meant. Heulyn is yet to truly understand, but her story is a unique one just as all the others.Who knows what story she will write out.

With the threat of the warriors gone for now, she went back to the bleachers to sit by Sucali again. “Not a fellow, eh. I assumed yer two was close given 'e seem mighty sure o' wot yer said. But 'e doesn’t seem as crazy as we are though. So 'ow did yer two meet anyhow?” It was one of the questions that she wanted to find an answer to. Of how Nerotep stake everything on the claim of one spirit that doesn’t seem to hold him in high regard. Granted for all she may know he could have a different definition of friendship. Very likely given the nature of spirits. Torch-staff now resting on her she watch the clash of forces in the center of the room. An inclination of a feeling that this may not have been the first time they came to a brawl. Besides that, Hae could see why Heulyn activated her soul relic. Let alone Sucali, Heulyn is not suited to fight someone as skilled as Nerotep.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:21 pm
It was indeed unfortunate for Hae that the spirits stopped fighting as soon as they begun, but they were just as worried about Sucali as Heulyn was. It didn't seem anybody here was quite interested in engaging in a fight with Sucali, which hinted to the power of the mad spirit. He was not afraid to do some friendly fire if he got annoyed, and the Yuya soldiers had more than their lives on the line. Angering Sucali enough may be enough to have him threaten their very souls, and that was a threat no Anubite could really ignore.  That colorful imagination held implications for ghosts too; terrifying ones.

Of course the only one who had no worries was Sucali himself, entirely unconcerned with the battle. He conjured what looked like a stick with a pointer finger on the end of it, starting to twirl it around as he spoke casually, "Ooooh, reincarnation. That one I haven't seen before. Don't think it's usual, much less usual to know about the other lives. But really... Are you sure those are yours? I have memories of things that never happened, vivid as anything else. And I know there are no higher dimensions. Nothing up there, really. The only other plains are down under." He pointed his finger-stick downwards, just at the ground, "And in there." He pointed then to the coffin that held his body. He paused for a while after that, just disturbingly staring in silence to let his words sink in before giggling, "But being in a world of ice sounds fun! I have never seen ice before, you know. Snow is white and pretty apparently, but never seen it, so I can't say. How was it? Was it as cold as they say?" He tossed his pointer stick to the side, and it swiftly disappeared into mist once more.

He started to tap his chin as he thought back, although he tapped at a rather rapid pace. He continued doing that motion as he spoke, "Meet? Oh I met Nery as a kid. Little puppy came to visit as a child, despite being told not to! But who can really command the Head of the Family? His father died early, and his commands were law to all Yuya! So he came to talk with me. What a curious little thing he was, asked a lot of questions, played many puzzles. Liked bacon." Meanwhile, it was certain Nerotep and Sethus had fought before, since the two seemed capable of anticipating the other's movements based on their own fighting. Successfully dodging and counter attacking, only for the enemy to then dodge again. Sethus did have the upper hand on the spiritual power from the looks of things, but Nerotep was in full equipment, and so bridged the gap with things like his armor and various bits of enchanted gear. Not to mention, he seemed to have a special spiritual covering to his armor, an odd one that seemed to be the main thing Sethus was struggling with.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:42 am
Heulyn let out an empty laugh in agreement. “I can’t argue that prospect.” Her tone shifts back to Heulyn own. Her egos were in flux instead of one taking full control of the wheel. “In this life I have some form of a dissociative disorder. There were times when things doesn’t seem real, and when I later learned of these past lives. It became clear to me of the underlying source of my illness.” She lifted up her torch-staff to set it standing on the ground once more. “‘Reality’ is such an abstract term. A narrow-minded perception that many cling to to make sense of their surroundings. It’s useful to believe it. But once a person horizons is broaden they struggle to make sense of it. Even those quantum physicists believe that our universe is the result from a spacetime one dimension lower, like a projector infinitely far away. What I’m trying to say. Is that it’s hard to make what is real or not. This ability, to call upon my past lives. The best way I can describe it is like being an actor. An actor that had played so many roles that they forgotten themselves. Hah, even ‘Heulyn Lloyd’ is just a character in a long line of finished roles. Who am I? I know who I am now. But who am I really?”

She lay a arm over her knee at an angle with her fist clenched. In the other hand she held her palm open. A swirl of dark flames coalesce into the shape of a small knife. Her expression was not deranged nor dull. Instead she appear to be strangely calm. “Are these my memories. Can I truly know at the end of the day? I loved and died numerous times. Blurring a line that’s supposed to be ingrained in the sane.” She held the blade to the top of her sleeve. Smoking the instant it make contact with it. “And now. This body of mine went through a change. That made it harder to truly die.” Her calm voice was a morbid contradiction of what she was doing to herself. Dragging her compressed blade down through her arm. Cutting both fabric and flesh. Hissing yellow blood splatter on the ground. Droplets splashing against the front of her boot. “See?” She held up her soaked arm. The once macabre wound sealing itself shut. If one were to wipe away her blood there wouldn’t even be a scar left. “I lived and died, once.” She ran her blade down her still wet arm once more. “I lived and died, twice” Steam billow off her arm as she cut herself again. “I lived and died, thrice.” The blade bites her flesh once more before finally just letting the arm rest on her knee. Yellow blood still dripping off her fingers.

Letting out a soft sight she turned her head to Sucali. Giving him a ghost of a smile. “Maddening isn’t?” Her blade construct disperse back into magic particles. After that she just quietly sat there. Listening to the rest of what Sucali had to say. There was a noticeable change in her expression and posture. A foretelling that Hae was becoming the dominant voice again. “Oh there were a bit o' snow arright. Entire mountains made out o' ice and snow as deep as the bleedin' Anubite tallest pyramids.” Hae too seem calm despite what her other self just did to her. A possible, surreal example of her dissociation. “From wot I can recall the chuffin' cold never bothered me given I were born in a race that 'ad long adapted ter it.” She simply remarks to Sucali.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:16 am
Sucali watched Heulyn perform her act carefully, giving a chuckle at each cut of the flesh. He was more amused than anything as she did that, although he also didn't exactly seem impressed either. He mostly gave a sigh, phasing over and putting an arm on Heulyn's shoulder and then leaning in close, a smile still on his face, "Somebody is thinking and doing too much when it comes to themselves! So many questions you aren't actually very interested in answering, I can tell. Really you just fall back on these things because you'd rather not find out the answer at all! Not within your real interests, but you like to play on the edges to make it feel like you do care! It's so dangerous and special, ain't it?" He stepped back, "Still! Nice display there, and it's getting me thinking... You don't really know how it is to die then, do you? You use the word, but you don't really get what it means. Even if the reincarnation is real... Then it means you truly don't know dying! Not like me... No, no. You have quite a big difference from me. And yet you seem to believe you are close... That won't do. I am very curious to how this works, and I want you to really understand what it means to be among the dead! I have to make sure you understand too, and it doesn't seem all these previous weak-sauce deaths have worked! I'll have to just do it myself." The murderous glint in the spirit's eyes grew, as did his smile.

However, he was suddenly repelled, forced back as a large spirtual hand grabbed him and pulled him away from Heulyn. Sethus suddenly also focused his energy into a burst attack to force Nerotep back, and rushed over towards the bleachers, taking a defensive posture in front of Heulyn. He grunted, "Quite enough of that. This meeting with the Yuyas has gone on quite enough, and I feel it is about time to say our goodbyes and leave." The High Lord's Spirit Soldiers gathered around him as well, forming a great shield wall, although one structured for mobility, to start moving towards the entrance of the tomb.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:52 am
Despite Sucali leaning in with a hand on her shoulder she gave a sly grin. “Straight up. All this waxed philosophical stuff ain't me style. 'eulyn is quite the work o' art I can give you that much.” She stood up when he stepped back. The sleeve of her arm having resewn itself. Facing the spirit as she grabbed her Torch-Staff. The still shimmering pool of her golden ichor sitting behind her. “I’ll spare yer the bleedin' tedious monologue that I’m sure 'eulyn would’ve spew out right about now ter counter all o' that smack. Se, I’m a simpler girl.” Her torch-staff was strangely billowing in an odd fashion, flaring out in a pulsating manner. “I just get ter the bleedin' point.” By the time he would notice the pool would already be missing. Having sunk into the earth moments prior. The sound of her staff slamming against the ground could be heard once more in the tomb. Ghostly golden lights began to emit from within large sections of the floor behind her. Sprawling outward in a manner akin to blood vessels.

Meanwhile several miles away in the deep desert a certain Druid servant was in the process of giving a echo a bonk on the head with his staff to disperse the fleeting shadow of a soul. It was a tough few weeks but Cu was getting the hang of dealing with these things. And he would’ve sent another one off it it did not suddenly sink into the sand before him. “Huh? What?” He sputter in surprise as he watches the wispy trails going into the sand. Static crept along his body as he sudden felt enormous movement in spiritual energy. Blinking in mild shock he could feel not only the echo he tried to get rid off but the many more that were flowing underneath him towards a destination in a current. Then from his mystically attuned sense he heard distant church bells. Turning around he could not see the city from here but he knew who may be pulling all the echoes like a moth to a flame. “Ugh, damn Goldie.” He really wanted to see who was the unfortunate soul to be facing off against his old Master. Alas he is barred from making contact with her. “Whoever you’re facing Master. Give ‘em hell.”

Back in the tomb she may have made a slight miscalculation of how effective Amzielean blood can be. In her lifetime if she were to make a blood anchor it would probably draw in spirits in a good mile radius. Her world or possibly even universe was not that rich in terms of magic. But from the anchor she made behind her, this universe is a lot more potent. The blood that run through Amzielean veins is the blood of Zeidaen. The golden ichor of an immortal race that once held dominance across vast stretches of the cosmos in the other universe. To equate that to alchemical value that Hae magic system is run by. Comparing Amziel blood to her old blood was to compare titanium to iron. In short, the anchor was a very strong beacon. She just hope that she’s not attracting every echo on Tombuiorn in the process. Her attention was pulled from Sucali to see Sethus coming to stand in front of her. “Know wot. That sounds like a fantastic idea, i'n it? But first let me leave a goodbye present for our muckers 'ere.”

The ground groan behind her. Cracks and rumbling of stone was heard as they were pushed out of the way. Arising from the broken earth were troves of Anubite forms. Coats tinged with gold. Eyes vacant save for bottomless pit for vengeance within them. Garbed in attire that every present Anubite in the room would recognize what they were. Desert Nomads. They weren’t zombies however. Instead they were still very much spiritual echoes but through some spell Hae performed they became a strange state between solid and energy. Their bodies were whole and full but one look at there eyes show that there is no soul within except for the fleeting slivers of primal emotions. The sound of stone breaking can still be heard even around the room but in smaller numbers. The first near Heulyn from behind. Almost crowding in on her with some pawing at her sweater. Unknowingly trying to seek something that they can never have. Some were simply transfixed by her flame. She turned around to face her group. Kindly giving those near her a scratch behind the ears even though that gesture is pointless. “Oi, oi, mates! I’m sorry for draggin' you lot 'ere but 'ave a look over there! Right!.” She held up her staff high before pointing it to Nerotep. The collective echoes turn their heads in unison. “That’s a real deal High Lord!” The trigger word shot through the growing numbers like a lightning bolt. Their muzzles distorting into the purest expression of hatred.

The tomb shook with the level of howls that broke out. The Desert Nomads charge Nerotep’s spirits from all sides. Even ambushing them from beneath their feet. She had to channel some magic with her Torch-staff to steer the mindless current enough to not get Sethus and his spirits in the crossfire given they were Anubites. All of which are enemies in the mindless eye of the echoes. While they weren’t stronger than the spirits their strength relies on their ever increasing numbers. Seemingly to be constantly coming out of the ground. A fact that Heulyn wish to ensure that they are out of the tomb before it escalates further. Coming over to Sethus side she flash a smile to Sethus and Sucali. “I’m ready ter make a swift exit. Oh Sucali! Blimey! It 'as been a luvly chat. Please feel free ter call me ter repair the damages.” As much it sounded like snark it was actually genuine on Heulyn’s side. She would stick by Sethus side as they and the soldiers in formation head to the tomb entrance.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:03 am
The Desert Nomad echoes, when so heavily concentrated, were a very dangerous weapon to be sent against a foe. Afterall, they were consumed with rage, but they retained still a good deal of their martial prowess, and their forms manifested with their preferred weapons in hand. Swords, spears, javelins, and of course bows, all of which were wielded with the skill they had in their long, long past lives. But even with this ruthless onslaught, the Yuya Spirits displayed why their house were the ones who were tasked with handling these same echoes. The Yuya Warrior Spirits deftly avoided arrow and speartip, parrying blows with swords and counterattacking, or deftly shooting archers with pistols and rifles. And of course there was Nerotep himself, who simply marched out in front and slammed into the ground with his staff, letting loose a shockwave that seemed to make the echoes phase out of their manifested form, and drift away on spiritual winds. With each swing of the staff, this repeated, blasting away group and group and seeing him cut a path through the swarms straight towards Sethus and Heulyn. The only Yuya who wasn't doing much was Sucali, who was simply sitting on the bleachers and eating popcorn. He didn't even actively fight, as any echo that approached him just melted away in formless mist without any effort on his part. His mad cackling could be heard above the sounds of battle.

Still, Nerotep's efforts meant the High Lord and Amziel were not out of danger just yet. His staff glowed, and he began a multi-staged attack. First, a large number of magical javelins appeared behind him, suddenly launching over to the group as a volley. To support this, Nerotep waved his staff about, and now the echoes were no longer repelled, but instead directed a force of them towards the Rwim Warrior shield-wall, their anger seemingly now directed towards Sethus and the flamebearer. They effectively acted as a follow up to the deadly rain of pointed objects. Sethus threw up a large magical wall to support the shield wall, covering the area above the shields as additional cover. He was more focused on his next action, launching a large blast of energy towards the door of the tomb, smashing it open and giving a clear path outdoors and to safety.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum