Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 21 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:52 am
Heulyn smiles back before looking at the staircase. “They are rather simple. It reminds me how we have easy passwords for stuff we are not worried about being opened by other people or a matter of convenience. It would be a bit of a hassle to have complex locks for doors that may use a lot no?” She bounced the thought to Sethus as she watched Sucali step forward as he went about changing the staircase. It was not surprising to see what he did. And she couldn’t hide the fact that she wasn’t against the idea of it. With a ghost of a smile she sat in the middle of the raft. Positioning to rest on the seat a bit high on her lower back. The reason would become apparent to the two Anubite as she let her staff rest on the back edge of the raft. The cone sticks several inches over it. Getting a tigh grip of her staff with her arm she could not help but give a small grin. The flame within the cone died down in a strange manner.

“I don’t know Sucali. Hehe It’s not extreme enough.” The moment the two Anubites took their seat she flared her magic circuits. Firing a strong mana burst out through the cone of her Torchstaff. The raft lurch forward from the sudden thrust from the jet engine effect of her staff. Sound of excitement escapeHeulyn as they took a very fast ride downward. Not bothered by the spray of water she is causing. Anubites are doglike so surely they like the water. At least that was the brief thought that played across her mind. Halfway down she causes her cone to give a bigger flare of mana to give them a boost of speed in their heart pounding ride down into the unknown.

She stopped her peculiar flow of mana when the raft got to the bottom. That didn’t do much to stop the raft from bumping into the door from the momentum. Looking around at the bottom of the now water filled staircase she opted to stay in the raft. Not wishing to wade through a foot of water even if her formal attire was already dirty. Scooting up to properly sit on the raft she looked to the door that Sucali was in front of. Hiding her grimace at the possible implication of the symbols. “Mmm let’s see if this combination works.” Making a gesture with her hand she waved mana to insert them into the locks. First Anubite, Skull, Staff, Ghost, Flowing Mana, Pyramid, and then the Clawed Hand. After she did the last one she could not help but feel a bit bad about the mess they are making.
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 21 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:25 am
Sethus gave a nod, as that was a handy little explanaiton, but he also could not help thinking of it a bit more, "Or, perhaps, as a reminder of the goal for whoever lives here." Regardless, he afterwards had to get into the raft for the waterslide, and then was very surprised by the sudden boost of speed. Sucali meanwhile cheered, enjoying this far more than the High Lord did. But Heulyn was right to guess that Anubites like water, both for being doglike but also because they were inclined to by their genetics. Being a species that developed in a desert, water was very important to them, and so they quite enjoyed the feel of it. So even Sethus got a deal of enjoyment out of it, not minding the water.

As for the door, once more it seemed Heulyn had figured out the puzzle. The locks flashed once more, and then slid to the side to grant entry. The chamber they entered was one that was a bit difficult to see under the glow of a heavy light coming from the room's center. The source of the light was from a mighty glowing orb of energy, which Heulyn could feel was coursing with an untold amount of spiritual energy, yet deeper than any soul she would have encountered before. Its size was massive as well, taller and wider than Heulyn herself and about the size of a large bear. But while the orb itself was impactful, the truly overwhelming spiritual entity in the room was the one manipulating the orb. It was a truly massive creature, a Dragon Sized Serpent-Like Creature who's presence was even more overwhelming than Anrak Ithkar's. Yet it was also extremely controlled, disciplined. And the creature was wholly focused on the orb, manipulating its energies and seeming to try and mold it into something. These attempts are what caused the great flashes of energy, the orb exploding as the entity grunted at another failed experiment. It did not seem to even notice the new arrivals, far too engrossed in its work.

Sucali smirked, clapping his hands, "And there she is... The beast! Welcome home, Heulyn! And you too, Sethy. This is a place all of us are connected to, as well as that being." He pointed to the Serpent, who remained entirely ignorant to the new arrivals. Or, if it had noticed them, did not care at all about their presence. Sucali chuckled, "Ah... The feeling of being a gnat. It has been a while since I felt this... How fortunate I am not here for a traditional victory."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:51 pm
The raft slid into the room as the water poured out through the opened door. When both Heulyn and Sethus debark from the raft it puffs out of existence. A soft grunt escaped her lips under the weight of the spiritual pressure. Nostalgia flutters in her chest. Her golden-amber eyes peer towards the center of the room.

Watching the strange being seemingly molding so much life force in awe. For some strange reason her heart gave a pang of sympathy. The being was obviously doing this for a very long time. Harvesting power to create something only to fail again and again. It was almost maddening to comprehend the time she spent on this. It reminds Heulyn of other people including herself who spent time doing just one thing. All the while being alone.

Incidentally it serves as one of the many reasons why she possesses an aversion to so much power. For when you sit so high above your perspective of reality changes. Everything seemingly becomes so small, so...insignificant. ‘Life” becomes more transient.

Heulyn recalls one spirit she contracted with. A being that embodied the Root. As a result was omniscient and could directly rewrite reality. But she bore no desire to use that connection. To that person, everything felt like a dream. And there was merit to that statement.

Mundane people can never comprehend how cosmic beings view the universe in a way how ants can’t comprehend why a fleshy titan is stepping on them. Even in this room the three of them were microbes scuttling beneath the creature.

It stands to show why gods tend to be apathetic or ignore those beneath them. She would know, she used to be one herself several times down her chain of lives. They serve as testaments for her as Heulyn to look back upon to truly understand what true power is. And why she would never wish to grasp it again.

Ironically her stance mirrors the type of godly beings who sit back to watch their creation grow without their aid. She doesn’t need anything from the Anubite Empire. And the Anubite Empire doesn’t need anything from her. They have been growing for a quarter of a million years before she came to be and if her gut feeling is right. Done so with no divine influence. Their destiny was forged solely by their very mortal hands. That in itself was praiseworthy and proof that they don’t need gods. All they needed was the faith in their hearts and in their ideals.

Looking over to Sucali she felt uneasy. At the back of her mind she heard Menthrasis words play out once more. To not stand by and make a choice.

And a choice she made when she walked forward to turn and stand in front of them. Planting her staff beside her in a manner akin to staking a flag. “According to Title 3 Subsection C of Anubite-Aztecha Resources Protection Act. If an Aztecha employed archeologist or worker comes across an undiscovered landmark or area of cultural, historical, scientific or other form of significance. They are legally allowed and obligated to ensure it’s protected.” There was more to the subarticle but it didn’t need to be said to show her meaning. Her words had more legal weight due to her connection with House Suerankh who has a similar law.

The past belongs to everyone, and archaeologists exist to protect access to the past for future generations. And that is who she is. A young woman who bears a fascination for history. Not whatever she used to be in her previous lives. “This being is a living fossil. So unless you can convince me otherwise she is under my legal protection.” She spoke with confidence. Of course Sucali has no care for laws considering the trail of crimes he left in his wake. It was to show herself that she is able to take the initiative into her own hands. That she shouldn’t stand by and watch anymore.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:23 pm
Sucali got visibly amused at Heulyn's stance, a large smile breaking out on his face. The same sort of smile one has when watching a child play with their toys. Sucali put his hands on his hips, a grin on his face, "Somebody is quoting legal code now, huh? I don't see your Aztecha identification badge there, Ms. Archaeologist! And so, so very quick to get defensive of something you have never seen before, never spoken to before, and don't even have the faintest idea of! Ah, you truly haven't changed at the core over the many years. But it is time for you to remember some of the puzzles you just solved. Infants become children, children become adults, and adults die. It is just part of growing up. It is about time you did that, Heulyn. Grow and learn, because that thing over there is no harmless historical relic. It is not some long lost scroll or a mysterious foreigner, it is a creature beyond the scopes of all of us! It needs not your protection, but more importantly... It doesn't deserve it." Sucali held out his hand, and in it he created an orb of magic, beginning to toss it up and down in his hand like a small ball.

Sethus stepped forward as well now, speaking his own part, "Enough with the games, Sucali. If that being over there is so very dangerous, perhaps you should actually explain yourself now that we are within its presence. After all, I have little reason to believe that you are the one in the right here, and the being over there is some great monster. So far, it doesn't even care we are here."

The Yuya Spirit rolled the eyes of his borrowed body, "Of course it doesn't care, we're little gnats. Always have been, and always will be. It has greater goals, but ultimately I am here to disrupt that goal! I haven't the faintest clue what the goal is, and it may not concern me, but the methods of achieving it do. Think for a moment, about all you have seen. The soul energy flowing here, where do you think it comes from? Soul stuff doesn't come out of nowhere, you know! And there is a reason no pure spirit can come here, because they would be torn apart and added to the mix! And even for those who aren't, they are blissfully unaware of the fact that are slowly being nibbled at. Nothing noticeable, and we heal... But we are unwittingly feeding that thing. And I am no snack! I eat many snacks, its true, but the thing about being what you eat is nonsense! So, I am not a snack, and I do not choose to be a snack! So I will fix that! Just for myself. So please, get out of the way, before I make you!"

The great serpent creature remained silent, focused on their work. Their only reaction to the situation unfolding before them was a low grunt, of simple annoyance, but they otherwise provided no input.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:17 pm
Seemingly convinced she stepped aside. Partly due to her worsening headache from how the Entity spiritual presence hit her back like intense rays of a sun. And overall wished to give Sucali the chance to prove himself. Glancing over to the entity she could get the sense of how she probably felt about them. Squabbling children that made their way into a place that had been undisturbed for many years. Whether Sucali was capable or not, that sort of condescending attitude was worrying. There is no shame for powerful beings to be prideful in power because they are strong and they know it. One thing for sure that she knew. When they all leave this place there will be great change. What that entails she does not know yet. She is just a small child in a big galaxy. For that is who Heulyn is.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:36 am
Sucali grinned as Heulyn got out of his way, patting her on the head as he walked past, "That's a good youngling! Best not to step too far for things you don't know and can't control. I've been preparing for this for quite a while, this is something I am ready for. Well, as ready as one can really be given the situation..."

However, as Sucali tried to move forward, he suddenly had to throw up a shield, blocking a blast of magic. The source was Sethus, who grunted and stepped forward, "No, enough! I am the High Lord, and I will not be sidelined for your mad quest, Sucali! You will explain what we are dealing with and what you intend to do, and you will go no further until you do that! You have failed to show proof for your accusations, and I still have no reason to trust your actions. Even if what you say about souls being chewed upon and acting as fuel is true, then I will certainly not allow you and Nerotep of all people to potentially tap into that. You will work with us, openly! I am not of the mind of supplanting one powerful being I do not know for a beast I know to be mad."

The Yuya Spirit grunted, openly annoyed with Sethus. He held out a hand, in which he started gathering power, "Can't leave well enough alone, can ya? This is for the Empire's good, I assure you, and perhaps discussing my plans right in front of an enemy is not the best idea? Ever consider that? Still, if you won't cooperate, then I can't afford to stomach your irritation. Hard to concentrate with loudmouth yapping, ya know?" Sethus, clearly not backing down, started gathering power himself.

Before the two of them could start flinging bolts however, something happened. Their power suddenly faded away from them, and they were flung to the ground by an unseen force. The Great Serpent finally spoke, quickly and dismissively, "You may prattle as you like, but do not disturb the flow of magical energies. This is very precise, and your childlike understanding of shaping the universe is pure interference. Play with your toys elsewhere. Now where was I..." It returned its attention to the orb, its hands once more fiddling with it and shaping it. Sethus and Sucali were able to get up, with the High Lord quite stunned at the casual display of sheer power, and Sucali grinning as he was proven right.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:44 pm
A reason for Heulyn general silence is largely due to still processing Sucali words. The more she thought about it the more she began to suspect that Sucali might be blowing things a bit out of proportion. Not that she can blame him of course. It’s just that she can’t help but compare a soul being nibbled at on a minuscule level to a healthy body being encased in an aura of microbes that feast on dead skin cells and the like. Of course she doesn’t forget that the soul is more sacred to Anubite culture than the body. Thought on the principle aside she looked back to the great being before them. Eyes situated on the orb she is sculpting. Hearing about shaping the universe prompts her to tilt her head a bit in curiosity. The notion reminded her of old concepts in Amzielean esotericism. “So you’re trying to create an ‘Egg’ that is the microcosm of a universe correct?” The guess was partly an attempt to interact with the Entity to try to get it in a talkative mood. People like it when other people seem to understand the fine craftsmanship they are doing.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:19 pm
The Great Serpent looked up again from her orb, this time looking at Heulyn and speaking in the tone of one who did not wish to speak, but felt honorbound to correct something entirely wrong that she had heard, "An egg? Child, I am not working on reproduction, I am working on something far more important. And there is nothing micro about what I am doing, nor is it universal. It is something quite beyond that, in fact. You would not understand however, so I will leave it at that. You are not nearly far along enough to grasp what this is. Far too entrenched in this universe. Although..." The Serpent squinted her eyes at Heulyn for a moment, and she could feel her very being looked over. It was a very intense gaze, lasting only a second but looking very deep. And then, she simply shook her head and went back to her work, "Ah, no, certainly not far enough at all. You are here far too early. I have no need for a battery right now, the process is not nearly far along enough, it would be a waste. You have a more pressing future to attend to, I'll grab you when I need you. Run along, Veoasind." With that it once more ignored the outside world, returning to work on the sphere, grunting again and muttering something in a language nobody present could understand. Although gazing at the orb, and trying to feel it, would cause a properly odd sensation. It was clearly an attempt at making something like a soul, but it was missing some key components. Yet beyond being incomplete and clearly artificial, it had this odd sense about it that made it feel otherworldly, although it was still clearly spiritual, in a similar style to that of Anubite Mysticism, but far more refined.

Sucali crossed his arms, looking to Heulyn, "Always the conversationalist, hm? Did the same when you first met me, I remember! How lucky you are that both powerful beings you've casually conversed with haven't needed to consume you! Although perhaps comparing myself to this... thing, would be quite inaccurate. Still, Heulyn, perhaps you should remember more of what Nerotep told you, and compare it to what you just heard. You have a connection to this place as well, just like me and all other Anubite spirits, and many more beyond us. Unwittingly part of a process almost nobody will ever hear of." He then stepped forward, looking at the Serpent and her Orb, a frown crossing his face, "And I despise that. I hate not knowing what I am part of, to be directed by a being that under normal circumstances I would never meet or be aware of. Even standing here, I don't know this thing's name! My soul is mine, not to be played around with by any mortal or God! So, I came here to figure out what I am part of... And see about the process of cutting the link."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:31 pm
If the situation wasn’t so dire she would have given a short laugh at how she made the same remark she did when she heard about the theory. “Oh you misunderstood. I don’t mean a literal egg. It’s the name of the Thaumaturgical Theory regarding Reality Marble. It centres around the materialization and projection of one's inner world onto reality. The created worlds are completely cut off from normal reality, projecting their internal landscape and sealing off the regular World. Following the World Egg theory, the actualization of a Reality Marble is the result of switching the Self and the World while keeping the boundary the same. The size of the Self and the World is switched, enclosing the World in a small container while the Self is expanded. The contained World is the World Egg and the name of the theory. Granted I know this is not what this is. I just threw it out there to prompt you to speak up to correct me. People like to correct people, just like what I did as well.” She smiled. What she spoke next was a bit ominous to Heulyn but she miraculously kept her cool.

Then Sucali got her attention. Looking towards him she didn’t know what to say at first. He knew that she has an abnormal relationship when it comes to life and death situations. It would have been apparent to him when she had no problem in having his dry bones and leathery skin flush to her own. To be in a tight container that reek with old decay. She didn’t care because she was unhealthily used to it. It took therapists to make her understand that this is the result of abuse conditioning. Thinking about it she chose to not respond to his first comments. Having enough self-awareness to know anything she would say may actually be wrong. For the most part if she thinks about it. Sucali was very much acting like a elderly man lying on his deathbed dreading oblivion. Only oblivion had a face and that’s basically the most primitive formation of religions right there. People want to make oblivion into a person to point fingers to and have something to hate. Many underestimate how much of a difference that is. If Sucali cuts the ‘link’ he’ll share the fate as all atheists do, oblivion. Only there is no one to blame.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:38 am
The Great Serpent just seemed to raise her theoretical eyebrow at Heulyn's explanation, and then simply shook her head, "Yes, I can verify, you are far from prepared if you intend to sprout that nonsense in my presence. If you are so connected with the idea that the inner world is separate from reality, then there is still much for you to learn about yourself and the universe's functions. You project your inner truth on a normal basis, you simply haven't realized it. But I will explain no further, you must learn on your own, you have an interesting future ahead of you, Veoasind. Your place is not here, not for quite some time. A mere misstep in your path, I suggest you realign yourself." It then went back to work on the orb, pulling at the strands again.

Sucali however stepped up and smirked, looking back to Heulyn, "The big snake is correct in this instance, I'll grant! Not your time at all, little Heulyn. So very young in the mind despite what is in your soul! But I can also see on your face that you think I am doing something rather silly! Further sign that you really have no idea what is going on at all! Read more, it's healthy! Although there's no book on this subject yet, but maybe there will be one eventually! One day though, one day. Then you'll understand why I will not be chained." He then turned around to look at the serpent, and drew a spectral blade. The Serpent gave an amused glance at the sword, but paid it no heed, clearly not threatened in the slightest. But Sucali did not move to strike the great being, instead... He plunged the blade into his own heart. It went straight through Nerotep's body, poking out the other side of the body and leaving behind no scars. It then simply faded away, with Nerotep's body still standing. With that, he let loose a chuckle, one that was absolutely from Sucali. A smile across the face of the body he was using.

That actually got a notable reaction from the Great Serpent, who squinted her eyes at the orb before looking up at Sucali again. Then, she smirked, "Now, that was interesting, a strand has been cut. You didn't fade either, impressive. The others who tried forgot their binds. This will be noted. I can already tell in your heart that you don't intend to spread that, so I will leave you be." And with that, she simply went back to work, leaving a very smug Sucali behind, with Sethus looking on in utter confusion as to what had just happened. Although it didn't seem Sucali was done quite yet, with some power gathering up in his hands.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:05 am
The dual speakers mesh with the background ambience. Heulyn found herself focused on her internal musing. Things were clicking into place. Thoughts once jumbled and influenced by the mysterious desert gave way to a sense of clarity. She stood there. Squinting to nothing in particular. A sense of self-actualization manifested within her. Listening to their babbling she came to a chilling realization.

What was she doing here?

“By the Root. You’re right. I shouldn’t be here at all.” She spoke honestly. Having come to recognize the full extent of her actions today. Now becoming aware why she even came here in the first place. Yes, tracking down Sucali was a reason. But beneath that was the underlying desire to get a kick of endorphins through her wanderlust. To desperately find that thrill again through discovery and adventure. But as she stood there. Getting chided. Watching what is essentially the climax to a play. She felt nothing. Not to say she doesn’t care per say. She does care about self-preservation, the sheer historical significance around her, about what is playing out before her.

It’s simply tiredness. Of dealing with Sucali, of hearing the same thing, of the assumptions, of dealing with godlike entities, of falling into the same trap of her own creation. In this light she came to fully appreciate Sethus’s decision to isolate her from the war. In keeping her far away from any actions. They were right. She needs to stop this. It has to. Otherwise she’ll turn into an old war hawk desperate for that inkling of excitement. And that is a road that only leads to a different brand of self-destruction and everything around her.

Her expression became blank before turning into shame when looking in Sethus’s direction. Guilt hung off her when she went over to stand next to him. “Your Majesty.” She used his proper title. “The tolerance you’ve shown me is flattering yet undeserving. I’ve crossed too many lines today. I shouldn’t even be here with my mental state as it is.” She spoke in a low enough voice that only Sethus could hear. Granted Sucali was probably too focused antagonizing the serpent to notice. Her amber-gold eyes look up to the High Lord’s own. Not looking at him as if he were a friend. But a superior in the eyes of a subject who forgot their place. “I submit myself to cooperate with any disciplinary punishment after we get out of here.”

It’s pretty much assured that she does receive it. Friendship doesn’t and shouldn’t protect anyone when they break protocole. At this point she wants to dig herself a hole to lie in and die of embarrassment. She can’t believe when she did today. If nothing else it did tell her that she has a problem with respecting the chain of command. It was there when she first met Menthrasis. It was there at the portal when she vetoed against the blasted High Lord in front of her social betters. Who does she think she is to have humiliated him like that? Then proceeding to force him to follow a mad woman across the desert instead of doing the rational thing? She’s amazed that neither of the two Anubites have flogged her on the spot.

A sigh escaped her. Sadly they can’t leave yet for obvious reasons. It’s her fault that she brought them into this mess. Standing close to Sethus she brought back her attention to the center of the room.

Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:21 am
Sethus looked on with surprise at Heulyn's rather sudden revelation of herself and her behavior up until this point. He certainly was not expecting her to make such an admission now of all times. However, while he did find the timing quite poor, it was something he also knew he would have to address here and now as well, since it had been brought up. He sighed, standing tall and proud as a High Lord, and pounding the ground with the butt of his staff, "An odd time for an admission of guilt, Heulyn, but development of the self is better now rather than never. However, while you made mistakes and errors, this is hardly a good time to chide you for them. We Anubites care much for the past, both its glories and mistakes, but we do so in the name of improving the present and future. We focus on the present now, then we address the mistakes when the time right. Let us both focus on surviving this and seeing the future, yes? Also, please do not address me like some Zantine Emperor, I am merely the High Lord. That is all you need address me as." While he said that with a degree of levity, marking it as more of a joke than a true chiding, he did also mean it. All the same, he turned back to the situation at hand.

The Great Serpent clearly didn't care, it was focused on its work again. Sucali however chuckled, looking back and smirking at Heulyn. He had been listening, and he was clearly amused, "Quite the time for character development! Perhaps you do read! But really, if you did read books, you'd understand that you should pay a bit more attention to the climax! Then again... This isn't your story. Not here, not now. No, your story is elsewhere! And if you want to see it... Start running. Hard to see your life's story if you're dead! Don't worry, I'll be there to see the vows! Ahahaha!" With that, Nerotep's body began to glow with a dark green aura. The spectral form of Sucali seem to overlay Nerotep now, like a suit of armor, although Sucali was still in control. He put his hands together, and shouted out, "I go out as I choose to go out! Who needs to spread the knowledge I know if I can simply invalidate the need for it?! Let's slice, baby!" 

With another mad cackle, he blasted a large burst of green energy at the ceiling. It impacted the ceiling with a great boom, and the chamber rumbled from the impact, small bits of debris falling to the floor. This seemed to actually get the Great Serpent's attention, and she looked properly startled for once, "What the...? Stop that this instant! Do not waste my time, away with you!" And for the first time, she actually arched herself up, irritation burning in her eyes, and blinding yellow energy gathering in one of her hands. It was blinding both literally, as in sight, but also spiritually. The energy gathering would completely overload the ability to feel the spiritual currents in the room, as it all gathered there.

Sethus realized the danger, grabbing Heulyn and picking her up in a rather surprising display of strength. He shouted, "Buckle down, this is going to hurt a lot!" And then, he channeled all of his powered into a spherical energy shield around them, rushing back as fast as he could towards the door.

He didn't have long before the energy ball was launched at Sucali, and the room was filled with startling light like that of a star. Sethus covered his eyes, and although the blast was squarely aimed only at Sucali, the power of it created a shockwave that would send the two of them within the shield flying, like pebbles from an explosion. Fortunately, this launched them straight out through the door and into the staircase, with the shield absorbing the impact. The mere area effect of the Great Serpent's attack was immense, but Sethus was a High Lord, and he displayed his own power there in simply surviving what would kill most other beings on the spot. The door closed behind them, and it was impossible to see what happened to Sucali. 

Unfortunately, they wouldn't have the time to care about him right now, as the building continued to rumble. Standing up, Sethus grunted, "Let us take the mad spirit's advice and leave, quickly. This place is not for us, and if we stay I am quite certain we will never get the chance to leave again. Move!" With that, he moved to run back up the stairs so they could flee outside the pyramid once more.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Her lips part slightly as if she were going to speak but opt out. If the High Lord wills it there is no merit for her to speak otherwise. Her vibrant eyes look over to Sucali with a tinge of fondness. While she doesn’t forgive him and Nerotep. She appreciates all that they have taught her. “This is certainly your story. And I have no place in it. To reverse the question. If you read stories then you know that certain thing...” Akin to her mental state something else changed within Heulyn. Certain aspects were beginning to settle and take form. There was no resistance to Sethus picking her up to bolt to the door. In that split second the Anubites heard Heulyn’s words despite her not physically speaking. “...It’s always important to have balance. You can’t have too powerful of a character interfere in the climax of an action plot. It ruins the tension, takes away the stakes, and ultimately loses the weight of it.” In their flight he would notice something off after the serpent threw the ball of starlight at Sucali. He could see the distortion in the air as the shockwave ripped through the room toward them.

But it never reached them. It dissipated when it got within several feet of them. A soft breeze rolls over Sethus’s shield. For one last time before the doors slam shut. Her words reached Sucali for one final time. ”This is where we leave the stage. Thank you two for everything. Give her hell.” Peering over Sethus shoulder as he carried her, she watched the door close behind them. Hugging the strapping young High Lord in a myriad of emotions. Other than that he would notice she was fairly comfortable being carried away. Most likely having gotten long used to being swept off her feet by other people much faster than she is.

The other odd thing he would notice were the stairs fading away to a circular stone slab that would begin rising upwards when he stepped on it. Rising up to an opening above them that wasn’t there before. They would be met with arid winds when they rose up outside of the first gate. The slab below them turns back into desert sands. Knowing she was starting to hold on for a bit too long she got onto the ground. Giving the quivering pyramid one last look she pulled her attention over to Sethus. No words needed to be said at this moment so she simply gave him a smile. With the closing of this chapter. Heulyn began to walk with Sethus out of here. In a wave of her Torchstaff a screen of spacetime was pulled. Showing the desert they both know and love waiting for them on the other side. Stepping through the window closes behind them. Any rippled vanish within the wall of the churning sandstorm.

It was almost symbolic she mused. Here they were. Leaving the churning storm and walking under clear azure skies. On some level she instinctively knew that the journey has just begun. In a long while she finally felt content. And those around her will notice this shift of character in the young woman they all know and came to value. After they made their way back to the capital and sorted the whole mess. Half of it was attributed to her own recklessness. The pyramid had an effect on her. It strangely had a therapeutic effect on her mental state. What was once a person of passion mellowed to a more quieter individual.

One thing that would be certain amidst the political storm is Heulyn being reassigned to more frequent therapy. The information that came from the therapists and Servants both illustrate that what she had gone through before she came to Tombuiorn had regressed her to the point in which she had yet to go on her big life changing adventure oh so many years ago. As such she was more immature, impulsive, passionate, and reckless. Now in simpler terms she became older. Returning to the period of her prime years. If fate was different during that time at the Solus office. Having joined up with Bazaar Security. She would have been the poster child of being a phenomenal military officer.

Around the dinner table her Servants would at times share stories about her from this time. Highlight the reason why the Chaulkuau Security Organization had the rule of only summoning a limited amount of Heroic Spirits. While they are ingrained knowing their purpose. That to be summoned as a Servant was to not exist. Yet, they are still echoes of people who have their own opinions and beliefs. Tensions in varying forms were inevitable when the more Servants were summoned. Heulyn was not in the wrong to show them respect. But as a Master she needed to learn to deliver discipline and show authority. Finding that sweet spot between respect and authority is always a tricky thing to master. Over time in those years. The all loving woman who simply wanted warm summer days and social events came out the crucible of war reborn. A will of iron and soul of gold. That was the Master they have sworn to. Thus they were happy to see their Master find herself again.

Sethus would find Heulyn becoming more aware of protocols and proper mannerism in front of her superiors. It took some time to trim this development somewhat. For the Jackal Lords don’t want to be treated as some pompous Zantine nobles who can’t live without their servants kissing the floor they walk on. After a time she did loosen again but still held more respect to Sethus than normal. A lingering sense of shame still in the back of her mind. The second major thing he would notice was Heulyn no longer diving into her studies with vigor like before. She became much more laid back. Feeling she was content with what she knew and deem there was no point to rushing to learn things. Taking a more laid-back approach but not any less dedicated to her craft.

Tarset would see the difference almost right away. Her friend seemingly remembered the concept of personal space. Hardly would she ever initiate coming near her as she did before. There was an air of professionalism whenever they were out and about. She could still see the person she befriended still there beneath the surface. Just not as overbearing as before. Even her room changes. Turning from a typical dorm room into a fairly spartan layout. Everything is neat and tidy. There was a proper room now with cots beside it for the critters to sleep on. Of course, who is Heulyn to argue with the cat of a Lady-Lord on where she can and can’t sleep.

Out of her small circle of peers. The one Anubite that would be elated with this more military-like persona would be Clexmose. Heulyn would start interacting with Clexmose and his household. Displaying interest in learning about military history and other similar subjects. Since Heulyn is still Heulyn. She would engage discourse with Clexmose about some military fiction she may be reading at the time. Beside that she would suggest that he should hang out with her and Tarset more often.

All in all she was gradually morphing into the proper Anubite citizen. She was even speaking solely in Anubish. Traces of an accent were even taking shape in her voice. Once the dust settled she went through the final step of finalizing her citizenship into the Empire. It was an ecstatic moment on that day. The weight of the past no longer weighing on her back as much. Except for one tiny moment passing by in her thoughts. Of when Sucali mentioned being there for her vows. It was reasonable to assume this was nonsensical rambling. But the concept of getting married persists in her thoughts. For some reason it felt prophetic. Little did she know of what was to come.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:25 am
As they left the area of the Pyramid, they would reemerge into the desert and find there to be no storm. The previous gateway to the Pyramid's realm was entirely gone now, with not a single trace left behind. Wherever they had gone, there was no way to return now, at least not that they would know of. Sethus however decided to mark the spot for an outpost, just in case something happened here again, and at the very least it would be a marker of what happened here once. Besides, he wanted to keep a lookout just in case somebody emerged again, be it Sucali, Nerotep, or the other creature that was there.

Otherwise, in other news, the trial for Nerotep happened regardless, albeit with an absentee accused. Primarily it was done to set the final message that Nerotep was in fact a traitor, as were all his followers and supporters, including Sucali. He made sure the Ancestor Council knew this, as well as affirmed it as law, which they did. Sethus was not going to accept any further challenges to his authority as High Lord, the rebellion ended here.

As for Heulyn, her noticeable shift in attitude was noted by all those who knew her. Sethus, while at first finding it odd in comparison, accepted it rather quickly. He was perfectly fine with her becoming more receptive of authority, as he of course would be given his status as High Lord, though he primarily wanted her to act fully in the formal sense only when doing her duties. He did still consider her a friend, and so preferred the laid back attitude in informal settings. A High Lord still needed friends after all.

Tarset was certainly the most surprised in Heulyn's shift in attitude. While she was somewhat relieved to have her personal space returned to her in the comfort of her own palace, she also couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed in a weird sense at not being approached so much. She did care for her friend, so Tarset preferred her to be more laid back in general in friendly outings. The young Lady-Lord still had to develop her own full sense of authority and leadership, which she was learning. The cleaning staff of the palace were happy however with their jobs being much improved via the new lack of chaos. Mildir, for his part, was seemingly entirely apathetic to the whole situation. The great and old stag was odd in his ways as ever, and driven by his fancies as ever as well. Some things don't change, and so the palace staff still made sure to clean up after him.

As for Clexmose, he happily inserted himself into the friend group, joining the outings with Tarset and Heulyn. He was happy to indulge all of Heulyn's military interests, and helped Tarset as well in her own personal quest to become more Lordly. For while Clexmose was hardly an experienced head of a great house, he did know how to command and lead soldiers, which was more knowledge of command than Tarset ever had. Besides, military history was still history, so he felt it important to school Tarset as well as Heulyn on such matters, in addition to enjoying their company. Both Great Lords were quite happy when Heulyn got her full citizenship, congratulating her and arranging a small party in commemoration, in of course full Anubite style. It was arranged just after a meeting of the heads of each major house, this way all of them could attend and enjoy the festivities. One attendee that went under the radar however was one that was also of some importance, an agent of House Ithkar. While his mission there was seemingly quite unimportant, his scoping out of this party would have some important repercussions in the times to come, as his simply report made its way into the intelligence network of a very important person.

Triporea likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum