Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Sun May 24, 2020 12:02 am
Sethus gave a nod to Heulyn as he continued to walk, "I am sure you will get your chance to learn more about him over the course of the trial, but you are also correct that Nerotep is likely just a distraction. His name may be the one most known in these recent events, and the one leading the rogue Yuyas to war, but the one who instigated this was Sucali. Whatever his reason, ultimately he was the one who convinced Nerotep to rebel and fight. We still don't know exactly what Sucali aims to get out of all this, but he is after something for sure. This isn't just a random bout of chaos, there is a purpose. Until we know what that purpose is however, Sucali is effectively unpredictable. If we knew what he wanted, we could more effectively prepare. But until Nerotep tells us that, we must be ready for anything. That is why I have Clexmose watching over many other important sites out in the deserts, the Royal Guard is spread out to important buildings within the city, and Ipwet's agents watch the streets for activity. Whatever happens today or in the coming weeks, we will be ready to at least muster a decent response."

He then smiled, similarly wanting faith in the future, "Oh I am quite certain we will get through this, I have no fears of that. We are surrounded by talented individuals and intelligent ancestors, we will triumph. I simply intend to make that victory as total as possible." With that, he kept walking, and he gestured towards a large building as they got closer to the Ancestor Council Chambers. It was a small fortress, with four towers on the corners of a fortified center piece. It did not have windows except for a large skylight in the center, looking into the prison chamber within. The guards in the towers could easily look around the fortress, but also into its interior to keep an eye on the high value prisoner within, "Nerotep is in there. We will not be speaking to him, not yet. I intend to talk to him later but I will do that alone. I am part of the prosecution after all, but you are just a witness, so you cannot speak to him. Still, he kept in there, in a special chamber. Special runes have been set up to prevent him from calling upon his spiritual power and prevent any spirits for materializing within so long as they are active. Guards will be watching him at all times, and he is still chained up physically as well, just in case. He is not an unintelligent person after all, so we will take all precautions. Any incident this close to the Ancestor Council's building would be quite bad." He carefully looked over the building one last time, seemingly as a final check, and then kept walking, explaining quickly, "As for right now, I want the two of us to speak to a few of the Ancestors. I have some questions for them."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 20 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Sun May 24, 2020 3:23 pm
Not being able to speak to Nerotep was expected. There was little she could do about it. Yet her heart held a twang of sadness. Whether or not there is any merit to his story. She could empathize with the disgraced lord. To upturn a deeply rooted belief is something that rarely ends peacefully. To wage war upon an institution that stood for thousands of years takes both madness and willpower. Most of the time a person will be alone against the world that does everything it can to ensure the status quo. In some way she muse if deep down there is some part of him that expected this outcome. Perhaps that played a role in his desperation, he knew he would fall but kept struggling to the bitter end. That commitment is something she knows well. Giving one last look at the building she knew that whatever was happening. It was her duty to illuminate the unknown.

Seeing Sethus continue onward she started to walk as well. Listening to his explanation of what they were going to talk to. She gave an expression of understanding as she set her starlight eyes ahead. “The Ancestors huh, Nerotep was taciturn whenever I brought them up.” He could admit he didn’t care for the title of High Lord. Nor did not hold back to say things that would be considered heresy by the Anubites. Despite this he seemed to dodge the subject whenever she brought it up. “You think they’ll be honest with us?” She gave Sethus a side-long look. A part of her was worried that they might remain tight-lipped. Given they are Council members they couldn’t outright interrogate them in the open.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon May 25, 2020 1:37 am
Sethus sadly gave a shake of his head, "No, I do not expect full honesty, as they haven't given me full honesty in these matters the whole time. But I intend to ask them anyways, just in case they do get a little more honest or if they slip up. This isn't an interrogation however, just a simple talk. Come along." With that, he moved up towards the entrance, where there were a group of ghosts waking. One of them was an Ancestor Spirit, one that Heulyn would recognize in fact. It was Lord Delnore Suerankh, one of Tarset's ancestors and a former head archivist. He was speaking to the other two ghosts, who were not ancestors, but rather ghostly guardians. They both had the markings of House Ithkar, and judging by the fact they were royal guard spirits they worked for a High Lord. Heulyn would be able to hear one of the guards finishing their statement to Lord Delnore, "...our Lord is not interested in attending the trial. He trusts that the Rwim High Lord will perform his duty appropriately, and sees no reason to watch when his attention is better spent elsewhere. If you wish to speak to him yourself, you will set up an appointment and take a trip to his current residence. Further foolish inquiries will not be tolerated, wasting the Progenitor High Lord's time and disturbing his work shall be punished accordingly. Goodbye."

With that, the two guards walked off, Lord Delnore sighing. He then looked over and smiled at Sethus and Heuyln, "Ah, the High Lord and his apprentice! You are both up early. Preparing for the trial? If you are curious, I was hoping that Lord Anrak would be able to attend this historic trial and weigh in on the events! Unfortunately, he is quite busy. Although perhaps sending that many invites was quite... rude. Can't blame me however, I am an archivist, I ensure such great events like this are set in stone in history, and having Anrak Ithkar present in the tome would've made it even more momentous! A shame that shall not come to be however."

Sethus gave a nod of understanding, "It is a shame, but Lord Anrak is quite dedicated to his work. You will have to settle for me I suppose. Although the trial isn't going to begin for a number of hours, I am surprised to see you out and about right now."

Delnore shrugged, "What else am I to do? This trial has been taking up my schedule for the last few days, getting up to date with the procedures. Apparently they changed in the last four thousand years, and I did not notice. I have learned however, and now I am spending this time trying to record some pre-trial sentiments for the records. The history books would be improved if the general attitude before the trial is also recorded, and not just the attitude after it is done."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon May 25, 2020 2:39 pm
Heulyn smiled at the specter of the Suerankh. Albeit inwardly dour in thought of Delnore being involved in some great conspiracy. In a way she saw it as a bit fitting if it was the cause. Historians have the great responsibility to record living history. Sometimes it’s written by the winner, others the losers, and some who paint over events to hide it away. As well overall to be unbiased. A trait that is often rare among prestigious scholars. Historians are neither politically neutral, nor politically homogeneous. Even herself would have a distinctive account of things she have seen in the past. People will see her past through the lens of her eyes. History is a complex, colorful concept.

She glanced at the retreating forms of the Ithrak guards before looking back over to Delnore. Finding his hyperbole a bit funny. Time truly does feel more nebulous to those who are not constrained by it. Large numbers become pointless because they struggle to paint the image of the sheer scope of time. It’s how people think ten years is a short period of time when in reality it’s a very long period of time. “It’s nice to see you working hard in preserving living history Lord Delnore.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue May 26, 2020 9:10 pm
Lord Delnore smiled to Heulyn, "And it is good to see you participating in living history, Heulyn! After all, while people like me write things down, somebody still has to act! If nobody acts, then what am I supposed to record? I'd be out of a job! So don't praise me too much, I am simply here to make sure these events are remembered in the days ahead. Well, and I guess because I am also a council member, and so I'll be part of the judgement."

Sethus then spoke up, "Actually, Lord Delnore, I am here for a similar reason to you. I wish to gauge the attitude of the ancestors about this trial before it begins, so I'd like to hear your opinion about this whole affair. Informally, I mean. The formal matters can wait until the trial itself gets going, but I was hoping just to hear how you feel, as well as how you think the rest of the council is feeling about this whole Nerotep situation?" At that, Lord Delnore seemed to start thinking, clearly considering his response to the inquiry Sethus made carefully, and was about to respond.

Then the ground shook and there came the sounds of guards yelling, soon drowned out by a loud explosion of blue energy at Nerotep's prison, a wall smashing apart...

-

Minutes Earlier
As Heulyn was meeting up with Sethus, another reunion was occurring. The Skylight into Nerotep's cell flashed for a moment, and then returning to normal. The guards in the towers assumed it was just Nerotep attempting to break his chains again and being suppressed by the blockers within, and so were unalarmed. From their view, he was still there in shackles, harmless to the world outside. So the guards in the lookout towers looked away, focusing their attention to potential outside intruders. But that was an illusion cast over the glass, for within the fortified prison cell something very different was happening. And even as they looked outwards, it was worthless, for they could not see or sense what was coming.

Within the cell, the prisoner could see what happened to the glass above. It took on a blurred image, like looking into a reflection in water. Nerotep looked around, watching as the runes and magical seals around the room started to glow and fuzz out. They sparked and lost their glow, before shattering in their own small magical bursts, unable to withstand the pressure of a new arrival. Fading in through one of the walls and making himself visible, Sucali appeared before Nerotep. The mad spirit stood proud, smirking at the imprisoned Yuya, "Got yourself in a real bind there, eh Nery? You earned your time in this naughty box, you messed up your part of the plan!" He wagged his finger in front of Nerotep's face, who was rather unamused. Unfortunately he was unable to respond, as he was gagged to prevent him from speaking and perhaps casting any sort of spell with his speech. Sucali of course waited patiently for a few more seconds, being his odd self, and then sighed, "Shamed into silence, I see. I will accept that as an apology! But while you were here thinking about your screw up, I did my part! The pieces are set up, the dies are cast, the chicken is cooked, and the secrets are revealing themselves! I know where we're going! I found a consistent path to the Shattered Pyramid, Nery. We can get there." Nerotep's eyes widened in pleasant surprise, then waiting for his ancestor to continue, which of course he happily did, "But as expected, this humble spirit has no way in. No ghosts allowed it seems, but we planned for that one too, didn't we? Now I know as the far elder partner in this group, I should be the one providing all piggy backs. But in compensation for what you did, time for you to give me a ride! I was hoping to go there at the head of an army, riding atop a mighty fluffy creature as a great hero, but I will just have to settle for the two of us going alone. Not quite as good for the pixel art. Though, hm, you're decently fluffy, so maybe it's not so bad. Now, open wide!"

The mad spirit smiled widely, cackling as he put a hand to Nerotep's face, and slowly his spectral form faded away and was absorbed into the rogue Yuya Lord. He closed his eyes, accepting the ancestor spirit entering his body. For a few moments, nothing happened. Until suddenly his eyes burst open once more. Nerotep's eyes began to glow bright blue, and with two mighty yanks of his hands the shackled were smashed. Ripping the gag out of his mouth, Nerotep stretched for a bit. And then, speaking to himself, Sucali's voice came out of the mouth, "Ahhhh, how it feels to be fleshy again! More sweaty than I remember. You really should've taken better care of yourself Nery, being entirely immobile is no excuse for a lack of bathing! But no time for a shower! Let's make a little noise..." Channeling power, the now possessed Anubite Lord held out a hand, and unleashed a beam of energy. The wall was effectively evaporated as it made contact, and the explosion that followed decimated the entire structure. With mad cackling, Sucali walked out.

-

Back To The Present
On instinct at hearing the explosion, Sethus threw up a magical barrier that covered himself, Heulyn, and Lord Delnore's spirit. It was good instinct too, as it blocked a few pieces of shrapnel from broken stone that flew their way. Where the prison once stood, there was now a ruin, with Nerotep's body looking back and smiling. The towers were destroyed, and the guards within them were on the ground, heavily wounded as their bodies were burnt and punctured with shrapnel. One was already dead. With a voice that Heulyn could easily recognize as Sucali's, the Yuya's body spoke loudly, "Not my best performance, but I am sure the judges will at least give it an 8. Feel sorry for the janitors! But while I'd love to stay and help clean up this little spill, I have business to attend to! Sorry about the trial, but you're best off canceling those plans!" With that, as guards started firing at him, their shots were blocked by a spectral shield. Sucali summoned a phantasmal blade, with which he cut the ground below him. A small portal was formed by the slash, and he dropped down into it, closing it behind him.

Sethus rushed over to where the portal once was, feeling the ground with his hand. Kneeling there for a second, he then finally stood up, "He's fled to the desert! We have to pursue. Ready shuttles and the guards, we're not letting this go unpunished!"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue May 26, 2020 10:32 pm
Heulyn also shared the same good instinct. Her staff popped out of her bracelet with a spark of a magic circuit. Spinning in the air as it enlarges into its normal size before being grabbed by Heulyn as she swings it around to reinforce Sethus’s barrier. Starlight eyes peer into the receding dust to see Sucali walking in Nerotep’s body. Exasperation clearly written on her face. On one hand she was frustrated with Sucali’s arrival and on the other hand hindsight was truly 20/20 at times. A shotgun blazing entry fits his Modus Operandi well. She’ll have to kick herself later. Her mind was laser focused on the situation at hand. “That’ll take too long!” She countered as she fired mana through her circuits. A small azure gate coming into existence that then dropped a small two-finger ring into her open palm. Slipping it on as she continued speaking to the group. “I’ll open us a portal to the desert. I have a Servant there that can give us a ride. The portal will remain opened so more guards can follow after us.” The azure gate closed as she began tracing her hand in a circular pattern while focusing on a destination beyond the space directly in front of her. Behind Sethus a hole opened up in space. Sparks fizzling out from the edges. Warm desert air flowed out from the portal. From which they could see endless waves of golden sand.

Taking off the ring to put it in her pocket she stepped forth. Red light was seen in a quick pulse under her right sleeve. A loud muffled sound could be heard near the outside of the portal. A large shadow sweeping over a large swath of the sand before them. Heulyn and Sethus will be met with a very large spirit waiting for them as they stepped out into the desert. The spirit shadow gracefully gives them a patch of shade. “Hey there guys! Paulette here! Ready for a lift?” The childlike voice came from the giantess before them. Garbed in a green outdoor trench coat. The sun hidden behind her green cap that sat upon short bangs of blonde hair. She was already kneeling down. An open palm settled on the sand before them. Large enough for the both of them to climb onto. “I’ll set you guys on my cap! Point the way and we’ll get there in a breeze!” Heulyn smiled at seeing her beloved Servant. Sethus would have heard about this certain Servant awhile back through Heulyn recounts of the many Servants came to meet. Especially ones she sorta came to adopt in a loose sense of the word. Paulette is a lumberjack that appears in tall tales from one of Eaeireth’s continents' frontier period, said to be a giant who could touch the sky. There exists a wealth of recklessly large-scale legends about how Paulette applied her massive size, and much of continent characteristic geography is said to have been caused by her exploits.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue May 26, 2020 10:56 pm
Sethus was surprised at Heulyn managing to do that, and wondered when she had the time to set up that sort of portal. He would have to ask her some questions later, but for now that was an irrelevancy. It was far more important right now to have a quick pursuit, and Sethus did get a good general idea of where Sucali had transferred himself to so it would work out. He entered into the desert portal, quite used to the conditions as he had been in this desert many times, although never for such an urgent situation. He raised an eyebrow at the giant, another thing he would need to have a word about with Heulyn later about. Such a creature on the capital was, to be blunt, not acceptable. Not because of being a servant, but in fact her size and capacity to effect the environment. The many, many underground tombs in the desert could perhaps be damaged by such a being simply by walking, and that was beyond merely unacceptable if that happened, not to mention the many other monuments and important sites in the desert. In general he would have to talk to her about how many servants she could have just casually being present. But as with before, that was for later, the present situation was more important. Though it was fortunate for Heulyn that Paulette's legends were not known to Sethus, or else he would've dispelled her then and there, as there were limits to acceptable damage. But of course, he did not know, and so that limit was not yet reached. He stepped onto the hand, and then spoke out to give directions, "We need to move North-West! That is where Sucali went, and we should be able to track him from there. I will tell you when we draw close. And... step softly, with long strides. As few steps as possible." With that, he waited for Paulette to get moving, hoping the damage on the tombs below would be minimal.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue May 26, 2020 11:58 pm
Paulette gave a soft pout as if she could read the concern written on Sethus face. “Gee Mister High Lord I’m not that clumsy. I’ve been very nice to your lands. I don’t prance around with my full weight, let alone height. I’m a pioneer that cultivates the land for civilization.” It would go against her very existence if she were to ruin the land in her passage. If she did then she would have been noticed the day she was summoned from the large footprints she would have left in the sand. She continued talking as she set them on her cap. “I respect the land. Even if your dead weren’t buried around here I still wouldn’t have been able to walk freely if I were any bigger than this.” She could fall into an underground cavern or a reservoir. The displaced dirt she would have created would cause the people she swore to work for extra labor to flatten it out. As a result she had to dematerialize if she was going to walk for long distances. Such is what is occurring when the entirety of Paulette saves for the small area of the cap to fade away in a spray of particles. Leaving the pair to seemingly be suspended six meters off the ground. Heulyn casting a strong presence concealment spell they took off at impressive speed. The sand below undisturbed as the intangible Servant carried them swiftly across the dunes.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu May 28, 2020 1:09 am
Sethus very clearly still didn't approve at all, her claims ultimately still failing to soothe his Anubite concerns. It wasn't quite such a simple matter, so he just sighed, "That is quite irrelevant, caution has to be practiced always in these deserts. It's not a minor matter, especially for a more spiritual being like yourself. There are many spirits in these deserts, waiting below in their tombs. Your survival is not at all a certainty if you awaken them, some are quite powerful and it only takes a small spiritual disturbance to rouse their ire. Your size makes you not exactly a stealthy sort of spirit. But that is a matter for later regardless. Turn further north." The concealment spell was good to smooth some of his larger concerns, but he supposed his apprentice did still have things to learn despite her great progress.

In time, they would approach the area Sucali had brought himself to, although it would be difficult to actually see it. For the location was within a massive sandstorm, with the particles of sand caught up in it seeming to have a small tint of color. It shifted rapidly between green, blue, red, and more, creating a small rainbow coloration to the event. Notably, it was also immobile, the torrent of raging sand seeming to stay within a very specific and constrained area. As they got closer however, Sethus tapped Paulette's head with his staff urgently, shouting down at her, "Halt, do not enter that!" If Paulette did not heed his word and didn't stop before touching the sandstorm, upon contact she would feel a great burning sensation, dematerialized or otherwise. Sethus began to explain after the fact regardless, "This is not natural, it is nothing I have seen before. And I have only once heard any mention of something like this, in history books. Specifically it is referenced in the story of one ancient Great Lord of Aluxandri; Nebrai Ithkar. An ancestor of Anrak Ithkar, but more often remembered for being the first Spirit Mystic. In his tale it is said that he had become greatly depressed, and sought to end his life by walking into the desert and committing suicide, and have his tomb built exactly on the site where he did the deed. As such he departed his city for the great deserts with a large caravan of servants. He wandered far, but in a sandstorm he was separated from them. According to the tale, the Sandstorm that caused Nebrai to disappear was one that looked just like this. After he disappeared, he was missing for four weeks and assumed dead. Until he finally returned, with a host of spirits and the knowledge of spirit channeling. It was from him and the spirit mystics he then trained that we established our traditions of spirit mysticism and our understanding of the divine. To be blunt... This is no minor thing to witness. This storm is one that changes histories."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu May 28, 2020 1:52 pm
The Pioneer possesses the agility needed to make the split-second reaction. Coming to a stop before the boundary. Climbing down Heulyn took a look over the prismatic sandstorm. In her vision it was much more colorful and distorted. More importantly she noticed something when she watched the radiation coming off Paulette interacting with the field. The wave became agitated in a way that reminded her of something being burned. She furrowed her brow on noticing this energy reaction. “It looks like people like Paulette can’t enter it. Even spirits. Probably another reason why Sucali went into Nerotep.” She vocalized her observation. The said Servant was sad that she couldn’t venture further with her Master. She dug a hand into her pocket to pull out her Sling Ring to pop up a portal behind them that leads back into Linear City. Looking over to Paulette she gave a smile. “I need you to go report what's going on here sweetie. And follow whatever orders the officials give you alright?” The pioneer gave a pout but did understand the reasoning. Shrinking down to a meter and a half she gave Heulyn a tight hub before running off through the portal.

The portal still buzzing behind them she turned back around to face the colorful sandstorm once more. It was evident that while she was weary the sight was a fascinating sight to behold. She listens to Sethus’s recount of the old story that gave her a sense of cold apprehension in the back of her mind. “He was depressed?” She inquired as if it were an important clue. “I heard about Nebrai from Tarset but it seems I asked too little.” That context spins the story in a different direction. It made her mentally kick herself. Sadly she can’t cry over spilled milk right now. Looking over the shifting sand, gears turn in her head. Hearing that part of the story made her think of Nerotep. A chilling sensation slowly dawn on her.

If an entity is involved in all this. And is connected to this story. Then it would put the entity under a totally different light. But more than that she recalls something that Menthrais once said to her. Brushing a hand through her hair she bore a minorly annoyed expression. “I’m too engrossed in Sucali’s world. He knew I would jump in after him.” She could almost hear his voice saying ‘A heroine always runs after the dashing villain when he appears!’. He knew she was an adventurer. That instinct was ingrained into her. Furthermore she thrives in going into the unknown. To improvise, adapt, and overcome whatever problem comes her way. “Meanwhile Nerotep is looking for validation. So there’s a very good chance that Sucali is fanning that fantasy for all it’s worth.”

She looked over the sandstorm once more before setting her attention on Sethus. Couldn’t help but to give a smile. “I know we’ve been having a bad day so far. But this kinda makes up for it. Discovering a location never seen in over a quarter of a million years!” She exclaimed in an upbeat manner to lighten the mood. Holding her staff in the air as she turn to face the churning mass of sand. “On this fine day the High Lord of the Rwim, Sethus made a wonderful discovery alongside his often impulsive apprentice. And now we venture into the unknown to chase our quarry.” The theatrics done, she waited for Sethus to lead on. He is after all the High Lord so it’s only proper.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri May 29, 2020 2:38 am
Sethus closed his eyes to feel the spiritual magics of the sandstorm, then turning to Heulyn and giving a nod at her assessment, "Yes, there appears to be an odd disturbance here. I believe we can enter it just fine as living beings, but it would rip into spiritual beings. Be they spirits or your servants. I suppose then that means we cannot rely on our spirits for assistance, but it does explain why Sucali needed to take control of Nerotep's body to enter. If he tried it himself, he would've met his final death. That does not answer the question however of where this came from, and why Sucali came here."

He then smiled to Heulyn, amused by her upbeat manner in these times. But it was something he appreciated, and so he nodded, "This day will be even more historic than I expected. I merely expected a historic trial, not a legendary dive into this Empire's beginnings... Lord Delnore is going to have quite the tale to record when we get back, that should make him happy. But now, let's make something worthy of being written down. I'll step forward first, make sure it's safe." Sethus carefully stepped forward, creating a shield for himself just in case, and then moved into the sandstorm. Bracing for pain, he was visibly relieved when the Sandstorm didn't magically rip into him. It was just a normal torrent of sand, which was still something but Anubite fur did evolve to protect him from just this so he was fine. The only thing he needed to shield magically was his eyes. He turned back to Heulyn, "It's safe for living beings, fortunately. Just be careful, it's still a proper sandstorm and you don't have the same protective fur, so shield yourself just in case."

With that, he moved further into the sandstorm, moving slowly so Heulyn wouldn't lose sight of him in the rapidly shifting sands. They retained their odd coloration within, and one could swear they occasionally saw the colors align into the shapes of people. The shapes of Anubites, Humans, Amurrak, and more. They existed for but a second and then disappeared. They were clearly not real, but if Heulyn watched carefully she could see that they resembled people she had seen before, spirits specifically. And then others, images of her servants fading in and out. Then in the distance, there was a loud crash, the sounds of rocks being moved. Sethus moved in that direction, and they found a clearing in the Sandstorm. It seemed normal, but there was the Body of Nerotep, smashing down at a floor of rocks with magical bursts. He hadn't noticed them yet, so Sethus crouched down to watch. He whispered to Heulyn, "Should we move first, or act? I have no idea what Sucali is up to, so I do not know if we should interrupt him or bide our time for additional information... Though I'll admit, I am curious as to why Sucali has come to such a place. There is something underground, I would guess."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri May 29, 2020 12:12 pm
Heulyn didn’t need fur for protection. Incidentally at this point she is so far changed from when she started on this journey. That didn’t mean she won’t exercise caution. After all just because something is not lethal doesn’t mean there won’t be other factors at play. Her thoughts were validated when she took note of vague shapes taking form in the sandstorm. It was licking the surface of her mind. And it was not the only thing that began to take hold in Heulyn. As she went to shield herself as she took a few steps across the threshold. Her mana circuits shimmer with a star’s intensity. An incredible heat coursing through her lungs. This was exactly like the time she first met Anrak only much more raw and unrefined. Sethus couldn’t be anymore right. This storm changes history, for it’s the cradle of the Anubite Empire. Here she stands on its origin point. The place where little knowledge had led to countless dreams, ambitions, accomplishments, and ideals. On this sacred ground. She could attain the fourth plane of Ewigkeit. To sit on her throne and become ████

But these thoughts never rose to the surface of her mind. No matter how much her flesh feels like they are rippling apart. Nor how much she started to see within the wisps of the sand. They were surrounded by shapes of Anubites that went on and on. Spiraling outward endlessly. Whether they were a figment of her imagination or not, they stared at her expectedly. As if they already know the words that rest on her tongue before they are spoken. That no matter how much power dances across the surface of her palm. The answer will always be the same. That is just who she is.

Fighting against a similar sense of dizziness she manages to stick to Sethus’s side as they transverse through the sandstorm. Looking through all the surreal images that spun around her in a kaleidoscope she could see Sucali blasting away at the rocky ground. Staying close she heard Sethus’s whisper along with more whispers in the wind. Singing of things as above, so below. “I feel we should act. If he’s trying to break into something underground then we wouldn’t want to lose sight of him” She gave him her rational suggestion. There was also a chance that Sucali would try to block the entryway when he goes through. Looking over to Sucali she felt her golden veins burning. That itch to jump into action was persistent but she kept her ground.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat May 30, 2020 3:17 am
Sethus gave Heulyn a nod, as her words were reasonable, "A good point, we could easily lose track of him in this sandstorm. Best to act while we have in sight, but let's not waste our advantage of being able to surprise him. Move back into the Sandstorm, and towards the side. This way, when I engage him, you can move in to flank him. I doubt it will win us a fight, but it will at least give us an advantage that can be utilized in the course of the battle. Now go."  He gestured for her to return to the cover of the Sandstorm, while he prepared his staff, charging up power within it.

In the distance, Sucali, in Nerotep's body of course, continued his attempted excavation. With another great blast of magic and an explosion upon the rock, he seemed to be making progress. In some of the cracks, a great yellow light began to emerge. Sucali seemed rather pleased with this, making a small fistpump in self satisfaction. He then spoke out to himself, though it was likely aimed towards the soul of the body he was inhabiting, "Told you it was here! That's the entryway, now let's finish this up and... Oh, a guest!" He suddenly turned around, raising a magical shield to block a great beam that had emerged from the staff of Sethus. He struggled a bit, as the attack was quite a strong one, but Sucali was powerful enough to resist. Speaking back in amusement, he called out to the High Lord, "You're here too early! Tsk tsk, Sethy, you're not supposed to open your birthday presents before the candles are blown out! I'll have to tell your mother about this bad behavior!"

Stepping forward to respond, Sethus yelled back, "And you are supposed to be in prison, Sucali. Surrender now. We can talk about what you are aiming to do here, but you must stand down." He then held out a hand, unleashing a burst of magical javelins at Sucali.
Nerotep's body moved with unnatural speed to dash to the side, letting the javelins smash into the ground upon which he formerly stood. He sighed, waggling his finger at Sethus, "Now now, I can't do that, and you know it! What I am surprised about is that you came alone! Did I cause that much of a mess, or did you just go on ahead like a naughty pup? Can't get too excited like that, you're supposed to wait until the day you get married for that level of excitement! So, where's your apprentice? Lose her in the sandstorm? Or did ya think she couldn't handle me? I'll have you know that I have defeated her many times in childrens' card games, but she nearly beat me last time! Nobody does that, and not just because I am a master cheater! Shouldn't have gotten cocky, little chicken..."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat May 30, 2020 2:18 pm
Heulyn didn’t let her worry show on her face. It was one thing to go into the sandstorm alone. But another when said sandstorm is arcane. She could discern that she was the one being affected by its nature the most. It felt like being somewhere you once were. With a nod she crept back into the current of snaking sand. Sethus disappearing from sight before a screen of prismatic fractals. Her feet shuffle over the sand. A sense of direction lost for a brief moment before her traveler soul kicked in. No matter where she wanders over yonder. The road will always be clear before her. Through the darkest of forests and even across the blind eternities. She walked for so very long. Making strides across the sand. Feeling the rough wind rush past her sunny cheeks. The exhilarating rush of freedom was still there. A part of her knew if she had chosen a different path many years ago.

If she wasn’t in such a compromised state she would have certainly made a different set preference to Heidrai. She could clearly picture joining either the Bazaar Security on Proscore. Being at the helm of a ship manned with her Servants and friends. Sailing the great Ethersea, exploring new faces and tasting exotic food. That was the life for her wandering soul.

Step by step she walked across the sand as she did ad infinitum. Never looking back. Always walking forward. The lives within her continue to resonate. Each a microcosm of its corresponding firmament. The prismatic sand continues to play tricks on her brain. Even if no mysticism was involved it gave the effect of being on an acid trip due to the nonsensical mesh of color and pattern. Step by step she saw shapes of other Anubite wearing pilgrim clothes walking beside her. All walking to a nebulous zenith on the horizon. Her footfalls could have kept it rhythm. But that is not who she is anymore. Her soul had been quenched from such a long side trip across the cosmos. There was no harm to settle down. To accept that she reached her journey’s end.

As if the body was finally catching up to her mind she stopped. Taking the moment to let her mind go blank. To relish in the sensation of the passing sand. Of the sound as it dances across the sand. Looking up she could vugly see the glow of Memphi. And looking down she could see the presence of life deep before her feet. In the wind she heard snippets of their voices to the side. Reminding her what she was doing. Taking a turn she began walking toward them.

Never realizing that she broke off from a trail of her own footsteps that circled the clearing many times over.

By the passing seconds she could see the back of Nerotep through the dense sandstorm. Slipping a hand into an azure gate she pulled out her Golden Perfect. A magical lasso created from Cytherea’s Magic Girdle. It glimmers with ornate energy that possesses the power to bind and entrap the power of souls. Shrinking her staff to place it back into her bracelet she got into position behind Nerotep. Watching them banter she lept forth with speed that eclipse motion-perception. Slamming into the backside of the possessed Anubite to tackle him into the rocky ground. Now on the ground she wrestled with Nerotep. Limbs kicking up a small cloud of sand as she tries to tie up Nerotep. Grunts could be heard from Heulyn as she fought against resistance.

“Nnngf strange words from someone. Rrrr! Who had their hax deck. Aah. Be beaten by cute, fluffy animals! Ghiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhehhhhhh!” With that scream of victory she would come to manage to bind Nerotep arms behind his back. Currently straddled on Nerotep she looks down at him with a grin. “Quite rude of you to give me the cold shoulder the past few weeks. I never knew you wanted to squeeze into Nerotep this badly. I wouldn’t have minded if you had told me, I’m very much an inclusive lady.” She jest in a friendly matter. It was true she was very much annoyed with him. That much was evident in her eyes. Despite that, no hate was found in her tone.

Standing up she would forcibly haul him up. “I should tell your mother of how much of a bad boy you were.” Looking over to the side she saw the yellow cracks coming from the ground. With a gesture of the hand she placed an inverse, red rune circle over the section of the ground. Moments later it activated a downward explosion. Blowing a hole into the area below. Giving Nerotep a pat on the on side she spoke to the group. “Might as well see this to the end. Legend has it that this sandstorm moves so even if there are higher priorities. I feel it's an even more greater duty to use this one in a lifetime chance to uncover one of the greatest mysteries of all time!” If everything was settled she would guide Nerotep over to the hole. Jumping down with Nerotep after looking down to see if everything was clear and there was ground to land on.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun May 31, 2020 8:29 pm
Sucali was quite surprised by the suprise attack on him, found himself suddenly bound. However, he resisted less than one might have expected, looking more amused by the surprised than annoyed, "So you didn't get lost! Good on ya, finally using the head compass! A little tight however, this ain't good for Nery's body you know. He ain't so flexible!" With his oddly low amount of resistance, he was rather easily led over to the big hole he was trying to dig, commenting a bit as he went, "Did the High Lord teach you this trick? What a unique thing for a teacher to teach! I wonder what sort of dirty lessons you are getting!?" He got a bolt of magic to the back of the head for that from Sethus.

At the hole, which was already mostly dug, Heulyn's blast just did the final bit in the dig. Slamming through the rock, what was below was a glowing mass, a swirling pool of glowing yellow energy. It looked almost liquid in how it acted, but the shining light it gave off was near blinding to look upon, like trying to look at a ball of celestial fire. Sethus walked over so he was next to Heuyln and of course Sucali, who was still oddly unresistant in the bindings. The High Lord looked at the strange sight, and then looked to Nerotep's body in skepticism, "What exactly is this? I can't say I've seen or heard anything like it. But you clearly have been looking for it, so tell me what it is."

Refusing to jump down just yet, Sucali spoke up, "It's a portal, obviously, but an incomplete one. You see, the one who made it doesn't like uninvited guests! They're a sourpuss like that, very introverted. Can't even stomach a proper surprise party, but I was going to throw them one anyways! And now, I have what I need! Heulyn, drop some blood in there please! Sethy, you too! Oh and if you could, give a little of Nery's blood too. I would do it myself but we're a little tied up, don't ya see? It's just a drop! Like a sprinkle of salt onto popcorn!"

Sethus remained skeptical, "You haven't even told us where it goes, much less who it is you are after! I am assuming it has to do with Nerotep's deranged rant, whoever he was talking about. And how does blood get us there anyways? It's hard to trust your word there."

Sucali made a pouting face, "I am being fully honest! This is the way to save the Empire from its eternal shackles! And me. The blood is important because that is how you defend yourselves! If you don't give blood, I can't cast the spell that lets all of us go through without dying. It's a delicate process. You just have to have some trust, it's not hard! Right?" He looked to Heulyn for confirmation.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun May 31, 2020 9:40 pm
Heulyn was enjoying Sucali antics but made an effort to not let those emotions show too much. After all, Nerotep and Sucali are a political convict. Distracting her thoughts by looking at the strange pond she listens to the Anubite pair before finally looking up to Nerotep’s face. His arms tethered to the remaining length of her Golden Perfect that she had looped around her arms. She looked between the two before giving a small shrug. “Trust is a risk by nature. Besides as a criminal mastermind once told me. ‘If I promise to serve faithfully, I'd look suspicious. If I promised to serve unfaithfully, that would confirm everyone's suspicions. It's tough being a villain.’” She mimics a posh voice which accent seems like it belongs to folks from Bezannia.

“We all know who Sucali is. And he knows that. So he knows what we may think of him. So what I’m trying to say. It’s better to take the risk to trust rather than none at all.” She summarized her thoughts. Sucali may not be someone she trusts her life with fully. But he is someone worthy of jumping into the fire with.

Tugging him closer she wrapped the end of the robe around her hand to get a firm grip. “Let's get some Nerotep’s blood first. Ah uh, hmmm.” She looks sheepishly to Nerotep’s body. “You’re wearing plate armor and warding Nerotep with magic. So I have to strip you enough to draw blood.” Said in a nonchalant manner. Either she’s naive, oblivious or she doesn’t care due to the situation demanding drastic measure. Or it could be a dirty kink she kept locked away deep in her mind. The world may never know. “For safety the binding stays on for now. So can you please...bend over a little for me?” If Sucali complies she’ll get to sliding down of his leg plates down enough to expose some skin for her to get blood from .

Whiss-crack!

She whipped a small part of the lasso across his exposed flesh with speed that he would only have felt a sting. A harmless trickle of blood seeped from the small cut she made. Quickly moving on she went to draw some blood from herself as well by using magic to make a small cut on her hand to hold the growing droplets of golden ichor. She then looked over to Sethus.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:53 am
Sucali was rather amused by the odd request to remove Nerotep's armor, and internally Nerotep's consciousness was extremely uncomfortable with that. It grew worse when Sucali simply shrugged and went, "Fine fine, if I must! No soap around here however, so can't see why I'd need to bend myself over except for something else..." And of course that is when he removed some of the plate, revealing that Nerotep was wearing a standard outfit underneath. Regular Anubite clothing, although of course unlike the plate armor he was normally wearing it didn't fully protect him. Sucali gave a surprised look back at Heulyn, the odd sting and action actually seeming to catch him off guard. He then started laughing outloud, "My oh my! It seems somebody has been spending too much time with the Amarna! Did little Ipwet let you in on her favorite little things? Oh you simply must tell what awakened you to such a unique set of interests! Or... Was it not Ipwy at all, but rather Seth over there?"

Sethus gave a small frown at Heulyn's particular method of drawing blood, sighing as well, "You could have just cut his hand... But I suppose that gets blood anyways. But do please refrain from humiliating them, Nerotep and Sucali are still Anubites." He then ignored Sucali's request, getting a frown from Nerotep's possessed body, though he did say, "I apologize for that great mistreatment, Nerotep. We'll make this quick, I promise." He then walked over towards the hole's edge, holding his hand over and creating a small cut on his hand, dropping a small drip of his blood into the swirling portal. As the blood of the three entered it, it didn't visible change besides the swirling of the liquid magic speeding up for a second and then slowing down again.

For the true change, that would have to be for Sucali. He gave a chuckle, "And so we have our gravy! Now it's just time to stir the pot and we'll get our salad! Ah, but a chef cannot perform in these conditions. Allow me to do one thing..." He then closed his eyes, and with a sudden burst of strength the arms of Nerotep's body suddenly burst from his bondage, easily snapping the lasso as he overpowered it. Sethus jumped back and threw up a shield around himself and Heulyn, expecting the worst, but Sucali simply stretched his back and spoke, "Much better! Oh, sorry about the rope, but it was so constrictive. I hope you didn't think that actually held me! You shouldn't have expected that your little cow wrangler would be stronger than the Ancestor Council's Wards! How else would I have gotten this far if a little rope could stop me? But it should have convinced you of just how serious I am here. Shocking to know I can do that, but this is such a rare case of bacon taking flight! I'll pay for a replacement, promise! Now then, watch me work and make sure to applaud!" While surprised at the spirit's casual display of strength, Sethus stepped back to do as he said, and watch what happened.

Pointing a hand straight at the swirling liquid portal, Sucali unleashed what appeared to be a giant, magical spoon. As he said, he then began to stir the liquid magic with the spoon, seeing it begin to spin until it looked more like a whirlpool. With that done, he dispelled the spoon, and then blasted a ball of blue magic into the center of the pool. When it struck, there was a large flash of light. Then, when the light faded, the portal had calmed. It didn't move at all now, and it instead looked more like a physical surface. In addition, now that the magical waters were calmed, one could look into the reflection-like image that had formed. The reflection showed an image of a shattered pyramid which glowed with the same unnatural yellow magical energy that the pool itself had been made up of. If one watched for a time, the Pyramid seemed to be constantly shattering and then repairing itself in a rapid cycle, so the stone always appeared to be in the process of falling apart, but never truly collapsing. Through the cracks the magical light constantly flashed, like a flickering light.

Back at the edge of the hole, Sucali clapped Nerotep's hands together, "Woo! There it is! The shattered pyramid of... Well, I don't actually know the name, so I'm gonna call it... Soul-Siphon! It fits because it does that! Not too catchy however, gonna need to work on the branding if I want it to stick... Then again... I am here to destroy it, so maybe a bad name is fitting?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:04 pm
“I’ll admit that Nerotep despite his crimes may not be warranted with this form of bloodletting. But this smug, cheeky, jerk of a rapscallion deserves many things coming.” She playfully slapped Sucali’s back before sighing. “He’s such a slippery, weasel in dreams. So yes, I’m taking advantage of this moment to have this brief sense of feeling that I beat you at something. But I can sense it’s short lived. You’re better at the con game than I am. On another note, I’m not in that much of a mood! If I had wanted to humiliate Sucali I would have done a lot more!” She bluntly exclaimed. It took a few seconds for her mind to catch up to her words. In realization she gave a huff and crossed her arms. Cheeks burning as she ignores Sucali breaking out because that just goes to prove her point. If she wanted to she could have made him unable to break free fairly easily. But she felt it was counterproductive and not wishing to further prolong the scene.

Standing at the edge of the pool she looks on downward to the pyramid in a loop of breaking and mending. “I would ask more but knowing you. You’ll just continue to play the pronoun game until we see what you claim face to face.” She quipped in Sucali's direction. Her eyes still on the portal she was ready to jump with the group. There was tension in her shoulder in anticipation. For she knew they were about to venture into the heart of a mystery older than the Anubite Empire. Who knows what she will find in that pyramid. Despite this feeling she wasn’t all that much afraid. If she was as she was years ago she would be shaken by the dark unknown. But she was better now. And surrounded by new friends and family. Will now strong and stable she was ready to venture into the cold, dark night.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:21 pm
Sethus sighed, shaking his head. He of course didn't fully approve of the reasoning all the same, but he didn't comment. Instead, Sucali gave a chuckle, "I am indeed a very slippery little pup! Have been ever since youth, I'm a squirmer! But of course, Heulyn, I don't like that huffing and puffing! To make you feel better, let me tell you something..." His expression suddenly shifted to an incredibly dark and serious one, with a deepened voice and tone to match, "You couldn't have held me no matter what you did. If you could, I would not be here right now, and I would instead be spending another thousand years preparing. I am beyond bonds." His expression then shifted straight back and he put on a big smile, patting Heulyn on the back, "So turn that frown upside down! And you're right! I don't care about explaining, takes too long! Nope, let's go for a swim instead! Cannonball!" He then did a swan dive into the stabilized portal below, with Sethus sighing and following soon after, as well as Heulyn.

On contact with the liquid portal, there was no feeling. Instead there was just a blinding light, and Heulyn would briefly feel as if she was torn apart and then put back together. And as quickly as she felt that, it was over, and she could feel sand beneath her feet. Around them was a similar sandstorm to the one they were in before, just even more intense. The colors flashing constantly. And at the center, seeming as if it were the source, was the Shattered Pyramid. Everytime it flashed and did its process of shattering and repairing, small bits of it became sand and joined the sandstorm. The Pyramid simply kept up the process regardless, constantly doing its cycles. The cycles however were not on a regular basis, they were irregular.

Looking around, Sucali gave a nod, "Nobody outside, as expected! Just little bits of soul dust! Or something like that, not quite sure what it is... Maybe it's just glowing sand? Maybe it's turd dust... We may never know, unless of course we go inside and find out! Follow me, enfrokes!" He happily marched on.

Sethus sighed, looking to Heulyn, "That was a Desmondian word. It is best translated as 'packmates'. It is used among members of their raiding parties, so the pack in question is a hunting pack. Seems that means we're going to probably end up fighting something..." He looked around, "Still, this is a place of great power. Overwhelming power... A different type to the one I fell around Anrak Ithkar however. A power that is focused, concentrating. Uncaring to the world around it... As if it were a world of its own. A very unusual feeling, one I only feel when I reach deep into the realm of death to pull a spirit back. This is the sort of place a spirit goes to fade away, to go beyond where mortals can reach. We must not stay long here, I fear if we do we may never go back." He then looked to Sucali, happily whistling and walking towards the Pyramid. The High Lord spoke more softly now, "And I think Sucali is fully aware of that. It might even be what he wants."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:16 am
The dark expression did not unsettle her. Despite how it looked it was a soft jab at her. He did it because it was a childish flex of power. It speaks of a person's composure if they get riled up so easily after all. “Sucali, you know my skill in the sealing arts is nonexistent. So there’s no doubt you’ll out maneuver me.” She notes in a response. There may be things that she is superior at but there are others where Sucali exceeds in and they both know it. During some nights they vented dark emotions on each other through all manners of duels. From those moments, Sucali eventually came to understand that if these occurred in real life. He would win more often than not. Heulyn’s world is that of cardboard and glass. If she lose control for a brief moment. To forget who she is and even her Amzielean. Is to risk the emergence of something monstrous. In this light she can’t exert her full potential. Incidentally a reason she tires in her mana usage is partly due to constantly keeping a tight hold on herself. All this aside she gave a smile to the pat on the back. Sucali despite his flaws serves as an important part of her. A stain that will always be there and he will remind her of that.

Few moments later she landed on the sand beside Sethus. The intense color flashes instantly gave her a headache. There are some rare days she dislikes her sensitivity to the world around her. This was one of those days. She brushes a hand through her hair. Red as the blood of earth and stars. The eternity within her amber-gold eyes twinkle. The colossal presence made her feel that she was at the bottom of the black ocean. “I feel it as well Sethus.” Looking over to Sucali she spoke to Sethus once more. “I wouldn’t be surprised. They have not much to return to after all.” Especially for Nerotep. If they all get out of this he’ll almost certainly face a death penalty. In a way it’s almost as if Nerotep is deciding how he wants to die. Walking toward the pyramid she hovers closer to Sethus. “Hopefully whoever we may find is amiable.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:38 pm
Sethus gave a nod to Heulyn, sharing her hope but also her concerns, "Yes, I suspect neither Sucali or Nerotep intend to leave, for them this is the end of the line. Let us hope that what is here is amiable, but also willing to let us leave. Unlike those two, I have things I must return to. And so do you." With that, he walked forward.

When Sethus and Heulyn caught up to Sucali-Nerotep, the Yuya in a Yuya was inspecting the massive gate of the Pyramid. It was notably different from Anubite architecture, implying that the one who constructed it was indeed not an Anubite. As such, Sucali seemed to be getting annoying, making a little pout and stomping his foot, "Years upon years of planning, and I can't open the door! Open!" He held out his hands, unleashing a spell trying to pull the gate forward directly, with massive tendrils of blue magic pulling hard. And yet the mystical stone did not budge, with Sucali having to stop. He grumbled, "Damn door... Been planning this for longer than entire civilizations have existed and I get stopped by a door... OPEN!" He tried again, with giant hands of magic trying to rip the gate open. Yet once more, it had no effect, and the hands just slammed on the side of the Pyramid in annoyance instead.

Sethus stepped forward, putting a hand on Nerotep's shoulder, "Calm yourself. The magic here is far stronger than what we can muster, so the brute force method doesn't work here. Now let me take a look." With the still grumbling spirit taking a step back, the High Lord inspected the gateway. The Pyramid Gate had markings, in the form of a large circle. There were giant locks, but they were each in different shapes. One was that of a small child, another the shape of a skull, another the shape of a fully grown Anubite, and finally the image of a ghost. Sethus tried to apply his spiritual magic more carefully, filling all the locks at once. This caused the images to glow, and there was a rumble, but the door did not open.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:02 pm

Heulyn took the moment to analyse the markings as well. She knew that every detail no matter how trivial has a purpose. Whether it be to stylyze a work of art or to tell a story. And this assortment was peculiar enough to mean something beyond making the door look mysterious. Taking a step forward she brought out her staff to help her weave mana to insert in the corresponding locks. “The child is born into the world in which he reaches his peak in adulthood. They then begin to make their slow descent into an open grave. Where their bones will sleep beneath the earth. But their memory will live on in the next generation. And the cycle continues. That’s my interpretation of the overall pattern.” She explained as she went through the process. Inserting into the lock that possesses the child symbol before going to the adult, then to the skull, and finally inserting her mana into the spirit lock to unlock it.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:45 pm
As the mana was inserted into the locks, the door seemed to react. The locks started to glow, beginning with the child, then the adult, then the skull, and finally the spirit, the same order Heulyn did. Then they all flashed together, and the door cracked open. It crumbled into sand, being caught up in the sandstorm and joining the torrent. Notably however the sand never seemed to enter the Pyramid's interior, as if repelled by an invisible barrier. Sucali pouted even harder, crossing his arms, "Didn't think it would be a simple puzzle... Thought it was harder... Humph." He obviously did not realize it was a puzzle at all, but of course Sucali was not the sort to admit such a thing entirely.

Regardless, they now had access to the pyramid, and Sethus stepped forward, "Good work Heulyn, now let us continue. We'll see what else this Pyramid holds." With that, he walked inside, Sucali soon following, still crossing his arms. Inside the Pyramid, it was eeriely silent. The walls were pitch-black, lacking any features, and the interior seemed to be a lot larger than it seemed to be on the outside. The hallways were cleanly cut, a large triangular hall leading towards a central room further in. But while the walls themselves were featureless and devoid of color, there were streams of energy moving along them as well. It was yellow energy, streaming calmly. However it was occasionally disrupted by a great flash, the same sort of flashing light they saw outside with the Pyramid as it did its shattering and reconstruction. The energy seemed to be flowing inwards, and Sethus stopped to inspect it. After closing his eyes, he seemed surprised, "Odd, it's soul essence. Not whole souls, just snippets. Incredibly small sized pieces, but from an uncountable amount of sources. Small, unnoticeable siphons. Nothing anybody would notice, and just a single bit of this energy would be worthless. Easily regenerated by a healthy soul and unable to make any impact. Yet there is so much, from perhaps billions of sources, making all these otherwise insignificant bits into an extreme source of power. What would one need such a power stream for? And, more importantly, where and who is it all coming from? There is a massive operation at play here..."

As they got closer, they found a spot where many more of these streams of soul energy seemed to converge. They combined into one, larger stream, which directed itself downwards into what seemed like a massive glass sphere beneath their feet. With how it was designed, it looked more like a storage rather than something active, being used by something else, out of sight. But while it was being constantly resupplied, in large bursts it was used up, causing the great flashes, using up a large amount of the storage before it was refilled by the stream. Sucali looked to it and grunted, "Bigger than I thought... Wonder if I was too slow! Oh well, the plan goes on! Now... Where to next? Ah there it is!" He waltzed on over to another door.

There was another large gate, with yet another batch of images. This time, there were seven. In order, they were first a simple rock, then a star, then a fish, then what looked like a small cat, then a water droplet, then the same image of an adult from the previous door, and finally the image of a resplendent pyramid. This time, they were not laid out in a circle, but rather a line. As before, there were locks where one could insert mana to try and unlock them.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:12 am
Hearing Sethus observation of the power source gave her disconnected thoughts. Her head going different directions as she theroycraft of what this all may be. Not letting herself get too deep in her pondering she spoke her mind but stopped herself. Looking over the current she could not help but feel a chill down her back. She could feel that she was seeing something big but didn’t know what. The group coming to a stop she look ahead to see a similar doorway with different drawings. Strangely enough she felt a sense of familiarity when she set her eyes on it. Decrypting the line she realized why she felt connected with it. “It’s about the development of life and civilization.” She said out loud as she weaved her mana once more to insert it into the locks. The Star, Rock, Water Droplet, Fish, Cat, Adult, and then the Pyramid. Her mana flowing out of her to carry out the task made her feel strange. The headache while now dull throbbing when she entered the pyramid, now gave her a sense of being energized.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:39 pm
As before, her mana flowed into the locks, and they began to glow in the proper order. With a shaking sound, the door slid to the side, granting access to what appeared to be a massive spiral staircase. It descended deep underground, with no sources of light to illuminate it. Sethus smiled to Heulyn, "Once more you figure it out. However, I wonder why these simple puzzles are here. Whoever built this place was quite interested in the cycle of life, as well as its development. There is a pattern here. But we will find out more once we descend. Safety first, however." He stepped forward, waving his staff over the staircase. What descended was an orb of light, illuminating the staircase. The orb continued to drop deeper, but as it dropped it occasionally left behind smaller orbs, which floated in place. It continued doing that until it hit the bottom. The staircase was now lit by a series of light orbs, and so could safely be descended.

Sucali started down the stairs, speaking as he went, "Elaborate place, taking longer than I expected to go through! Good for exercise though, eh Heulyn? But I can make this a lot more interesting than just a staircase! Thanks for the light Sethy, that'll make this easier." The Anubite Spirit inside Nerotep channeled his magic, and suddenly the staircase started to shift. The stone stairs twisted, becoming a large slide, and soon after a great burst of water began to flow from the top. He turned the staircase into a giant water slide, and he summoned a large 3-seated raft as well. He gestured for them all to get in, "Who said climatic events couldn't have a bit of fun!?"

Sethus, while reluctant to partake in the spirit's games, had to admit it was faster, and so got on. Assuming Heulyn did as well, it was a quick way to the bottom, with Sucali holding his arms up in joy the whole time. At the bottom, there was another door. Sucali stopped, getting a bit more serious as he emerged from the raft and inspected the door, "Oh, we're very close now! This should be the last one... Time for the final act." As for the door itself, it was another set of locks. It was another line, and this time the images were as follows: An adult Anubite, a picture of a ghost, an image of the Shattered Pyramid they were inside of right now, the image of an Anubite Spirit Mystic's staff, an Anubite skull, an image of flowing magic, and finally the oddest image of all; a clawed hand holding a sphere of energy.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum