Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:32 pm
It was a shame that her created echoes were being cut down faster than they can be replenished not that it wasn’t expected, but it was not a total loss. For the spell work she laid down was not mainly meant to just create semi-solid forms for the echoes. Rather it serves as a foundation. A festering curse seeping deeper underground. The cancerous tumor that will only continue to worsen as long it goes uncheck. Beside that she was in a bit of a pickle. “‘eulyn needs ter cop better wiv the bloomin' soul relic. I’m a poor choice for this match up.” She remark under her breath. Hemomancers are a nightmare against the living and organic targets. However the dead don’t tend to have a lot of blood in them. Resulting them to be quite ineffective against them. Regardless Hae is not the sort to give up without a fight. With a slight wave of her torch-staff she divert the flow of incoming echoes from the outside. Diverting them to pool into the ground rather than form into being.

Red sparks crackled along her right arm for a brief second. “Looks like me time is nearin'. I'll perform a coup de grâce before I leave." She said to Sethus as she performs a small swirling motion with her torch-staff. Brining one of the present Desert Nomads that was still under control to appear by her side in a small burst of black fire. It knelt before her. Lacking the intelligence to not listen which is why she was not surprised when Nerotep manage to push the tide back. Conjuring a razor thing whip of black fire she slit her palm open. Letting enough of her golden ichor to pool she went to draw glyphs on the nomad forehead and shoulders. “Yeah, yeah blood magic is a ugly and naughty finkbugger. But don't worry for 'eulyn, right, she's not interested in it.” She said in assurance for Sethus beside her. In her life her traft was often frowned upon and regard it as a dark art. In a way they are right, but only if you are using the blood of others. She has always used her own blood to perform her spells and rituals. Counter-twirling her torch-staff once more the nomad before her vanish in a poof of black fire. Reappearing outside of the sheild wall and barrier.

Gripping her torch-staff with both hands she set it before her. The curse underground finish setting into its shape, a large runic circle. Its runes and lines were connected in such a way that if a person would be able to see it would have thought it was a circulatory system. Her twilight flame billow heavily. The once still air in the tomb began to swirl, a dark presence riding the breeze. The formed echoes collapse back into the dirt that they were formed from. Their remaining essences flowing to the blood-marked nomad. A dome of black energy entomb said nomad. White energy arcing around it. The cursed circle deep below thrum with energy. In a manner of seconds the dome collapse on itself. Condensing onto the blood-marked anubite that seem to be growing in size. His form now obscure in shadows and equally black flames that billow off of him. The glyphs shone with golden energy through its hazy form.

The Anubite form of darkness and fire stood an imposing thirteen feet. It held a elgonted arm over him. A mass of black fire bloom in his palm that then grew into an oversized bastard sword. Gripping it he swung downward with speed that does not belong to any normal being. The edge sunk into the earth that then cracked and burst with black fire. Fractures sprawl beneath the opposing group but did not reach the central sarcophagus. Her target was Nerotep after all, not Sucali. Explosions rock the tomb as teeth of black fire erupt from the ground to impale the Yuya spirits and to serve as a field hazard. For the black flame that emits from the teeth were no ordinary fire. It spreads like a plague. Leaping off one spirit onto the other. Swallowing them whole till their spiritual forms is presumably banished. Those who were skilled enough to dodge these the monster Anubite would bolt forward with astounding speed. Carving into the Yuya warriors with sweeping arcs. The blade bite into their spiritual armor like butter due to the extreme heat.

The red sparks return but were now dancing around her body.”That's me cue ter leave. I'm not much for words so I'll just say this, win.” Giving a cheeky grin to Sethus before red fire flare from her body. Hae clothing disintegrating back into Heulyn previous attire. The flame of her Torch-staff flicker back to warm orange fire. She gave a blink as she returned to normal. With Hae’s spawn distracting the Yuya’s and the entrance behind them now clear she would still stick with Sethus but will move with him as they make their escape out the tomb. As they do so she would perform one last spell. Snapping her fingers to create a spark of magic. Sucali would see fire appear on the ground a few feet away. The small fire lengthen into a series of numbers. If he were to look at Heulyn he would see her giving him a happy wave as she makes her exit with the group.
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 11 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:03 am
The distraction made by Hae was certainly impressive, but it would not be quite as effective as hoped thanks to the main threat in the room; Nerotep. The Yuya Family Lord decided to show a little more of his hand now, and drew from his armor a skull. Sucali, upon seeing the Skull, stood up, did a motion as if he was cracking his knuckles, and nodded, "Ah alright, time to get to work! Let's see if we can come up with something a little more fun this time than just casually sliding around beating up a poor alien, yeah?" He then dissipated into ghostly mist, and flew over to be absorbed into the skull. His skull. And it started to glow with spectral power after its own returned to it, a power that could be wielded by the spirit's scion to deadly ability.

With one hand holding his staff, and the holding his ancestor's powerful essence, Nerotep set to work undoing the distraction. The staff began to give off a light blue glow, and with a flash the tomb suddenly grew colder. The metal staff was slammed down into the ground, and from its point of collision, a burst of frost began to take over the floor. The ice spread out across the entirety of the tomb floor, creating little snowflake patterns, and entirely freezing over the room. The flames themselves would even be frozen. Technically extinguished in the process, but the ice that had surrounded remained in the same shape, creating little ice sculptures of jutting rock and burning flames. The flames on the spirits simply went out, given that Nerotep didn't want soldiers of ice. The Echoes did not get the same exception however, and the forms of the ones who had not been absorbed into the larger creature froze where they stood, becoming statues to decorate the tomb. The spirtitual energy within did fade away however, for Nerotep was not so cruel as to truly trap them within.

While this occurred, the Anubite Lord turned his attention to the larger Darkness Nomad. For this, he simply held the skull forward, and it flashed to life, with Sucali's dark chuckling echoing across the room. It floated up and out of the hand, the dark blue glow intensifying. A large spectral chain suddenly conjured to life, and started to wrap itself around the giant. It became to hold down his arms, and then his legs, and then finally dragged his head down to smash into the icy floor. Once that happened, their body also began to freeze over, as well as the chains. By the time that this was finished, all that remained was a large icy statue of a giant nomad being made to kneel before the sarcophagus of the ancient Yuya. And with that, Sucali's skull returned to Nerotep's hand.

Regardless, the distraction worked, and Heulyn plus Sethus were able to make their withdrawal. The High Lord turned around after he left, focusing his powers and creating a large spectral lock to cover the tomb's entrance, reinforcing it heavily before nodding, "That should hold them long enough. Return to me, soldiers, your role is finished for now." The warrior spirits silently returned to the Spirit Stones that were their resting places, with Sethus sighing, "I was not expecting him there, to be honest. I should have come more prepared. Still, I think he's going to make a larger move now. We have to leave and get to safety, out of Yuya territory. Come, we'll go back to Tarset's palace. Far too likely that there are assassins waiting on the route back to my own. Oh, and you did very well there, Heulyn, I must say. I have some things to talk to you about, as I overheard your conversation with the spirit, but overall I would say I am proud."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:54 pm
The shadow nomad look around as the Yuya spirits reside before jolting away from the jutting shards of ice. In that moment the spectral chain rose up in the air like a snake. Coiling around his frame for a brief second before it sunk into it. Not absorbed, but simply rather there’s nothing whole to bind due to the nature of the shadow and the spell at work. It phases out of the ice trying to coat him. Slipping through them in a black mist. Its head turn to the pretender performing magic on it. Seemingly not as mindless as the normal echoes for it kept it distance. The bastard sword split into slivers of darkness that receded into its arm. The strange aura around it shins and forearms begin to rotate around them to compress energy into them. In a burst of speed it shot forward into a jumping spinning axe kick to the frozen ground in front of Nerotep. Using the built up energy to produce a large impact to rupture the ground and send shards of stone into his direction to act as a temporary distraction for a follow up attack. For as it lands the shadow would use his momentum to bend his knees and flow into a superman punch. Letting go of the built up energy in it punching arm produce a greater amount of impact.

Outside the young Amziel perk up at the muted noise of combat. She knew that it’ll only be a matter of time before Nerotep figure out a way to defeat the shadow spawn that Hae produced. Anxiety flutter in her chest in thought of what this event will spiral into. But overall she is more composed than she would’ve been many years ago. Adapting to escalating situations was something she had to learn fast. Pushing aside her worries for tomorrow she went back to focusing on the present. Watching Sethus lock the entrance to the tomb. “Heheh, it was pretty nerve wracking.” She admits to him with a light chuckle. No matter how comfortable one may be with eccentric individuals, she must always be prepared for the possible outcome of things going south at the drop of a hat. Despite that risk she likes to dance upon that edge. “At the very least we manage to glean some new things in there. So it’s not wholly fruitless.” An uplifting smile appear on her face before giving a small nod in understanding. They need to get out of the open into safety. Discussion on what transpired can wait. But not reacting to Sethus last comment. Her rosy cheeks lightly tint with a golden blush. “Ah. Ah well I...uh thank you.” She manages to get the words out.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:00 am
Nerotep gestured to the blocked gate, shouting out to the Yuya Spirits, "Focus on breaking that lock so we can leave! We have much to do! I will handle the creature!" He then of course twirled his staff about to focus on the Shadow Nomad as his soldiers split around him to move towards the gate. He watched the Nomad spring forward to land down in front of him, and the Yuya Lord did not move, just staring his enemy down. The shards that flew up as a distraction suddenly paused in the air, and began to simply orbit Nerotep's staff as he watched the punch come. As it was about to impact however, a large spectral Anubite paw appeared, and held the punch still, absorbing the impact and leaving Nerotep unharmed. And as the fist was held in place, the Anubite Lord took Sucali's skull, and pushed it through the holding paw, touching it to the shadow nomad. With Sucali's dark laughter filling the room, the skull begins to simply eat the shadow essence, becoming like a great vortex dragging it in for Sucali's used to siphon from. The pull of the Ancestor Spirit  was rather powerful, tearing into the seams of the magic that was keeping the shadow together.

The way back was rather uneventful despite what had just happened, as thankfully Nerotep was diverted and nobody else knew what had occurred within the tomb there. That wouldn't be the case forever, but it would last long enough for the walk to Tarset's palace to be generally peaceful. All the same, the High Lord was a careful fellow, and he guided them along some backalley routes instead of following the main path of the Linear City, just to be careful. Sethus nodded as he walked, "Yes, that conversation did produce some interesting information, and I believe I realize where Nerotep gets his claim. Sucali wasn't clear, but I think I have an idea of what happened. How very simple, really, but very important. We'll have to see Renesab again later, or Menthrasis. Either of them. Regardless, it was ultimately quite good we got that staff before we came here, no?" He then chuckled at the clear blush, nodding simple, "You are welcome, although it is the truth of my assessment. Unfortunate it had to come from that scenario, but once this situation is past us I am sure you have the potential to do much."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:13 am
From the outside view, everything was going as planned. But for Sucali he would notice that something is a bit off. The shadow was shrinking yet it felt as if he was drinking the entire Great Lake. He could be chugging the shadow and it would still be whole for weeks. Yet despite that it was losing mass at a rapid pace as if it were a normal magic spawn. In a matter of seconds the shadow collapses into a misty clump that was quickly funnel into Sucali’s skull. Just like that he had completely devoured the shadow with no issue. But he would quickly notice something abnormal that only he would see. Due to having eaten the blood glyphs that were floating around in the shadow when he ate it. On the other side of the tomb he would be able to see a worn, wooden door. On the wall next to it hangs an antique sign. If he would have to listen very closely he could hear faint snippets of what sounds like smooth jazz music. On a magical sense there’s nothing there. In fact no one beside Sucali can even hope to sense it as well. It shouldn’t exist yet it does in spite of that. Aside from Sucali odd discovery there is no other sign of hostile magic in the area. Thus Nerotep is free to help break the lock if he so wishes.

Over to Heulyn it dawned on her in realization that those two may have been the ones Sucali was most likely talking about. Now she feels a bit silly regardless of how on edge she was. The blush remained on her cheeks when Sethus chuckled in note of it. No matter who they may be, men can easily make her blush. Her golden-amber eyes looking away. Her torch-staff making a rhythmic tap as she walks with it. It was good that she had made a high quality mystic code but that did not mean she was ready to go up against Sucali and Nerotep. But she can’t deny that it was a perfect first step in the right direction. Looking back to Sethus she gave a small smile in understanding. “I’m grateful for you being so sure.” It was always a good feeling to be mentally assured by other people. So she came to appreciate those small moments. Letting out a brief giggle she continues as she looks ahead. “In spite of what Sucali said, I do seek answers and to grow. To not let my potential go to waste.” A veil of nostalgia befell over here. Warm memories flicker in the back of her mind. It’s true how trauma can over eclipse the good memories. For she has somewhat forgotten those times. But now she was coming to remember them. Including a very special moment with her former mentor, Monet da Vici.

’Our advance won't stop. No matter how high the sky is, or how wide the world is, Even if, for example, the world has turned blank white. What is that waiting over the horizon? Is it the future we've been longing for? Is it a new threat? Whatever it may be, my heart trembles with excitement. Even after this journey ends, your adventure will continue. I'm proud of that above all else. The memories of a wonderful journey. The companions on a wonderful journey. My wonderful life. Aah. Everything is beautiful, like a painting.’

For in the end, everyone lives on in stories. If she can see her story laid out in front of her step by step, she knows it's not her story. The story is the one she makes with every step she takes. That's why it's her story. Heulyn’s Lloyd story. In relation it’s why she’s reluctant to use her soul relic to fight others. For in a way she was opening a book that was blowed for the final time. While she was deep in her pondering she still took notice of Goljamush casually leaning against the gate to the palace. Calmly sipping from a glass cup of wine. His rubies fell on them as they came closer. He first look to Sethus with a gaze crossed with amusement and mild disappointment before switching her attention back to his master. “You came back whole and no smoke on the horizon. It seems a mongrel can learn new tricks after all.” He wryly jokes in his velvety voice.

Heulyn blushes a bit once more by the king teasing. “Being praised by the king is honor regardless of what it may be.” Said king silently chuckle salt her comeback. For she was right in that regard. He has his own way of showing respect to others. Neither continues the small banter for he would follow the group into the palace.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:56 am
Nerotep sighed and moved to get to his own work, about to put the skull away when Sucali suddenly burst from it and looked around. He could see that something was there indeed. Nerotep glanced backwards and sighed once more, shaking his head. His spiritual soldiers could not see the door, nor would any other living being, but Nerotep could for his own reasons, but he lacked interest, although he saw it in his ancestor, "Just make it quick, ancestor. We have work to do, and playing with the interlopers is not contributing. I know you'll do it anyways, so please just avoid doing it for too long." He then turned back to look at the lock, changing his focus to that.
Sucali smirked, "You're learning now, Nery. Just to recognize your achievements, I'll do that. Don't fall apart without me!" With that, the spirit went over to investigate the door. He carefully and with precision kicked open the door with full strength, and then peeked his head through to look around.

Sethus looked to Goljamush and gave a small wave in greeting, "Hello again, Goljamush. We'll have to talk later about your project out in the dunes, because I hope you know that I haven't gone without noticing that. And as the one who owns this planet, I'd like to know what you are doing to it." He then turned back to Heulyn, "We'll be staying here for the rest of the day. I'll have to call up my guard, and get to work organizing my forces. The Yuya seem about to make their play. I'll make sure Tarset is ready as well, but for this I'll have to call in Rayumere and Ipwet as well."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Bursting through the door he would be presented by a retro diner that is hard to come by in a highly advanced age. There were no touchscreens, no holographic images, no obtrusive ads, no sleek booths, even no electric chairs. But for the Anubites it may certainly feel like home. The air condition was on for it felt nice and cool in the room. Given he was in the doorway he could feel a subtle cold draft coming from either side of him where natural light was filtering in. If he were to look he would see that the diner was plopped in the middle of a large ice shelf with snow-capped mountains on the horizon. The sky a clear azure that yawns above the world. It all seemed so real that it felt like he could break out the window and feel the snow. Also next to the doorway he could see a jukebox that was playing ‘What a Wonderful World.’ The smell of food wafted from the kitchen. At the bar counter he would see the bartender who looks a lot like the Amziel he just saw. But much more lithe and fluid in her movement. She was very much groomed, fitting black vest and slacks, a blue bowtie, and a ulysses butterfly hair pin that ties together her fiery hair in a simple low bun. “My, it seems we have an incipient patron.” Her silky voice rang clearly. Shimmering blue eyes rising up to Sucali from the wine glass that she was cleaning with a rag. “I give you my warm welcome to our humble establishment. Please, do come in. We accommodate only the highest quality of drinks and victuals.” A gentle smile spread across her lips.

At the same time across the city due have finally got back to the temple. Sill in a relaxed posture the golden king did not miss a speak in responding to Sethus. “I would be disappointed if you didn’t.” He quipped. Not bothered that the High Lord wished to inquire on things. Given there are things he did wish to speak with him about. Heulyn stood there at the side a bit lost but was not surprised to hear that Goljamush was doing something. While in his younger years he would be out couriosing he became more productive as he wisen up. So much in fact that dying from overworking was very much a possibility in his life. In conclusion she figure that he would do something to be productive while she was recovering. She perk up in attentive when Sethus turn to her. Giving a nod in understanding as she clutched her torch-staff close to her with both her hands. Everything was escalating quickly so it was natural to feel overwhelmed. But her experiences made her quite steady when it comes to it. “Rayumere? I’ve not met him yet. I look forward to it.” It was unfortunate that it could not be in better circumstances. She had wanted to meet the High Innovator when she came to learn of the general organs of the empire. “Anyways, is there anything you wish for me to do?” She was not the sort to fit the role of a satellite individual.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:54 pm
Sucali glanced about at the diner as he came in, quite amused at the interior. It was indeed quite unlike the more modern establishments one might find on many of the worlds in Iammelon, from Avalantus to Instabull, based on how old style it was. But for Anubites, it certainly wasn't that far and out of the way. They liked to maintain such places, as they felt more right to the traditionalist jackals than the higher tech variants. For Sucali personally, he had visited some diners like this in his own lifetime, when he was quite young. Some were even less advanced than this joint, given how long ago he lived, but in general he recognized the set up. His memories of those times weren't so vivid now, quite blurry. It didn't help that his memories were already naturally distorted from his madness. All the same, he leaped into one of the bar stalls, laying down on the cushions. He leaned his head back to look at the bartender, "Hm, didn't expect a presence in here. Odd. Mind bringing over the menu? I'm not one for a standard selection, so I'd like to see the specifics on there." He didn't really question the individual, quite normal for him to see things that didn't make sense to exist.

Sethus sighed at the response from Goljamush, as that indifferent tone was still not something he felt was quite right for addressing a High Lord with. Still, it was probably the best he was going to get out of that one, and simply nodded to him. He smiled to Heulyn however, "Yes, Lord Rayumere is the High Innovator of the Empire, and the only non-Anubite Great Family leader. Handler of all the Empire's technological advancement and achievements, and finding ways to ensure it synergizes well with Anubite tradition. Not to mention coming up with a pitch that makes the technology acceptable to the whims of the Ancestors. Likely the most important part of that job. He is a friend of mine, and I am sure you will get along with him." He then gave it thought, and nodded to her, "Yes, I would like to do something I feel you would be best suited for. I want you to go talk to Mildir, and see about sending him out to Renesab's tomb to visit. I don't want to put the Stag in harm's way, but he is actually the least likely among us to be under any threat from the Yuyas, given that he doesn't have political affiliations. No specific objectives, but I just need him to look around and see if they are showing signs of mobilization. Do whatever you wish to give him extra protection if you feel it needed, since I know you would prefer he didn't get hurt. It's unfortunate that he's just the only one I can think of who is best suited to such a task, simple yet very important."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:26 pm
The bartender let out a small, polite giggle. A sound reminiscent of a small stone skipping across a glossy lake. “My presence being unexpected is rather proximate to what I’m am. In a way, you’re in fact right.” She chimes as she walked behind the counter with a menu in her spider-like fingers after putting away the wine glass. Her legs were dreamlike in their motion as they carry her to a spot behind the bar table so she could place the menu in easy reach of the Anubite spirit. Eyes albeit half-lidded as she continues to pleasantly smile to him. “Take all the time you require. In the meanwhile do you optate me to accommodate any beverage? Don’t worry about mazuma. As one of our first patrons your first purchases here is on the house.” If he were to take the menu and read it. The words would have that dreamlike element to them. Words seem to move and blend but for some reason he could read the list fine. Strangely enough he would see that the listed foods and drinks are the ones that he likes the most. But there were other things on the list, truly exotic sounding that don’t seem to exist to Hoshizora.

Heulyn once determined expression faltered as she listens to Sethus. Fidgeting with her torch-staff out of her conflicted feelings on the matter. Yet she could come to argue against Sethus. So instead she just gave a nod and saunter off in the direction of where Mildir might be. Goljamush watch her retreating back with subtle amusement. Knowing his master she will very much do everything to secure the beast safety. Looking back to the High Lord he finish his wine and drop the emptied glass through the golden gate that appeared beneath it where it then closes quickly afterward. “To get the elephant out of the room first. No, I’m not doing anything to your desert. If I had wanted something I would have taken it.” He spoke drly. Given his brazen method in attaining a membership card for the archives it would not be hard for Sethus to see truth in his bold claim. “I’ve been researching the past weeks. As well taking the time to ponder over things in relation to our wayward charge. Surely you noticed the inconsistencies and paradoxical nature surrounding Angelarium?”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:48 am
Sucali's head twisted around a bit again at that, "Proximate with what you are, hm? Not a real thing, are we? Perhaps just a little piece of a puzzle, a piece of reality! Or maybe just a piece of madness instead! Quite possible in both ways." He chuckled to himself while the Bartender was moving, not really watching her. He did look at her as she got in finally very close, grabbing the menu and putting it close to his face to read it. He didn't take very much time at all however, as he didn't feel like choosing, and randomly pointed to a meal on the menu, "I want this to eat. And water. Just water." He didn't seem to really care about what the foods on the list were, and the dream text didn't stand out to him. So far, everything was rather usual for him, in a weird fashion. He did pipe up with one more thing however, "Also, name? Quite rude not to introduce yourself."

Sethus was also quite aware that Heulyn would do whatever she could to help Mildir, as he was certain she wouldn't want to put him in real danger. Perfectly fine to the High Lord, as he did not actually want to risk Mildir, that Stag was still very important, it was just unfortunate that he was also the most useful scout. Heulyn was probably the only one who could actually convince him to do something like this as well, as the Stag was also not exactly the sort to follow orders. Regardless, he looked back to Goljamush and grunted, "You could've tried to take it, but I can tell quite well myself that you could not. But you are not the sort of person to admit such, so I'll let that pass. But yes, that planet is an odd one, seems to have quite a few disturbances about it. Does this question mean you have a better idea of solving the many questions there?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:04 pm
She let out another giggle before retrieving the menu. “It's indeed quite insolent to not reveal a name. But alas giving me a designation transmutes my nature. I'm not Heulyn Lloyd, the girl that led you here. Nor am I the other individuals that reside here. Heulyn can't perceive me and I will never take her place. I'm her greatest mystery thus I suppose it would be fitting to refer me as such, Mystery. I will return with your order.” Her voice chimes. Blue eyes shimmering in a swirl. Gracefully turning on her heel she went into the kitchen. Leaving him for a few seconds to the slow beat of the jukebox. Later she returns with a tray of his order. Setting them down on the bar counter for Sucali. “Here's your order, sir.”

Goljamush rubies twinkle with amusement as his lips rose into a slight smirk. He never hinted what specifically he was researching out in the desert yet Sethus had alluded that there was indeed something. What it may be he has no qualms for it. The world riches is not worthy of his attention after all. Typically he would have made a retort to his claim but he too will let it pass. For there were more pressing matters to discuss than to indulge in witty banter. “While not all, I have come to have a better grasp of Chaulkuau Security Organization and the mysteries surrounding Heulyn.” He began. Putting his hands inside his pockets as he kept the same relaxed posture. A contrast to the sharp and analytical expression that reflects from his eyes. “As you may recall. My summoning here was in itself an anomaly, but I’ll get to that later. When I addressed what I knew afterwards I was speaking on the basis of my first thesis that I had from what I could learn in the confines of Chaulkuau. I was, quite literally, missing the outside perspective. In the following weeks I corrected that and found myself with clues that connects the one lonesome dots.” His eyes gaze over to where Heulyn have left.

He looked back to Sethus before continuing to talk. “To put it bluntly. Chaulkuau is a recreation of the observatory of the same name back in the age where Ishnarian Amziel have yet to touch the stars. This is important when you keep the nature of the Suchlaph Project in mind. When the engine misfire, it created anomalous pockets of space. Supposedly breaching space-time that leaks out into the time stream of Auinozoaun. And CSO was tasked on stopping these. This is what I had originally thought in the beginning. But there were always issues to this that I could not investigate.But now, I’ve come to a firm conclusion that this ‘Solgaleo’ did not remake Chaulkuau to combat distortions in space-time. No, she made it to handle the rouge simulations. The engine's purpose is to recreate locations from the ship archives but the misfire had made it recreate events that had already happened. Everything that Heulyn went through and suffered for it, has been a simulation.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:54 pm
Sucali shrugged at that, shaking his head, "Not exactly a mystery, you know. But I like these games, so I'll go with it, Mystery. Not a bad name all things considered, I know worse ones. Like Destiny, I hate that name." Otherwise, he just calmly laid there on his back in the stall, humming to himself as he waited. He did decide to lean up at one point to look at the jukebox, with a frown on his face at the song. He wanted to change it, and then got an idea. He blasted what looked like a large blue beam that got smaller as it approached its target, until it became nothing more than a blue spectral hand that moved to change the song. Regardless of whether or not the song was actually in the box, he changed it to start playing "Mr. Blue Sky", which he started humming along to until Mystery finally came back, taking the order and looking it over. He had no idea what he just ordered, so he wanted to get a look at this foreign meal.

Sethus raised an eyebrow there at the mention of that security organization, CSO as he remembered they called it more shortly. They seemed to be rather important to the history of that planet, so knowing more of them would indeed translate into more information on the planet itself. Then of course, came a rather important detail as he pointed out about simulations. That got him to raise an eyebrow, "Rogue simulations, you say? So many of Heulyn's memories and scars are not real at all? That is no minor discovery, Goljamush. It does explain a few things that didn't line up with various bits of information I've gathered, but it is still fairly hard to believe that simulations could embed themselves so deeply. It does make sense, in truth. The mind, when it believes something is very real, will treat it as real for all matters regarding emotion and mental well-being. Of course, I need to ask, how exactly did you figure that out?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:19 pm
Mystery gave a smile. Sitting on a stool behind the counter. “Of course. After all, I did just make a contradictory verbalization.” She admits without a beat before giving a quiet chuckle. “Destiny. A saccharine, little white lie to stir the mind. A meaningless abstraction. Can't say I regard it in any light as well.” She stated in a relaxed manner. Letting the spirit enjoy his meal of a bowl of rainbow fruit pudding. The fruit of the pudding received its name not just from its colorful appearance, but from the way its juice, when evaporating into the air, it gives off a rainbow glow. When placed in one's mouth, its flavor shifts seven times, making Sucali taste a wide assortment of delicious flavors.

Over to the golden king instead of a smirk he gave a small grin of amusement. “It’s certainly not a minor thing to say no? By now you should have already have a grasp of the reality that Heulyn will lead you down a very deep rabbit hole.” That’s not to say Heulyn is nonsensical by nature. Rather he jokes of how life is never a dull moment around her. The light of amusement fade as his face turn back to his typical seriousness. “It’s certainly a mystery of why those simulations in particular happened. But let's solve one mystery at a time here. Otherwise we’ll be spending more time questioning.” He then took a moment to thing. It was not certainly not easy to reach his conclusion. Assessing, consulting and researching. For someone like Sethus it was a bit tricky to find a good starting point.  Then it hit him, why not start at the very beginning.

Two gold gates of rippling light appeared horizontal to each other. The bottom arose a small, fancy table. The bottom a smartphone gently land on the polished surface. Whether or not Sethus picks it up the king will begin to speak. If he did pick it up the screen would lit up to a wallpaper. An image of Heulyn Lloyd who seem to be in her early teens with a group of friends at the beach. A warm beach of smooth sand and azure waves. The image alone already bears striking oddities. One being that Heulyn looked as the Amziel did before they were changed. Sethus would find no lock barring him from the home screen that showed a picturesque shot of the clear sky above a sun bathed meadow. As expected for phones there were apps. The Map app held an urbanized and explored map that held striking similarities to Angelarium. Pictures as expected for someone as friendly as Heulyn, contains a lot of pictures that a typical friendly teen girl will make.

All the while Goljamush speaks. “Long before Ishnar Amzielean realizes their fate to be among the stars. They prospered on their world, Eaeireth for countless generations. One day, a young girl by the name of Hathelesia, bastard daughter of the Viswanathan Household. Through a series of events, came to work for Chaulkuau. The organization for the preservation of the Amziel Order predicted that due to the changes to Amziel history, the future would disappear. They completed the technology that made travel to the past possible, rayshifting. We’ll talk about the Angelarium version later on. Anyways, by intervering in the seven singularities and at the end of their battle to the death against the Demon God Pillars that planned the incineration of the Amziel Order have in the end, protected their future. Afterwards the after-effects of the battle still ran deep, having to deal with pseudo-singularities that popped up like bad weed. Time passes till they dealt with the Lostbelts. Many more grand adventures later, peace was truly restored and it was time to close the book. I, was one of the contracted servants of Hathelesia. I can remember the day that we went our separate ways. I returned to the Throne and she went on to enjoy her well earned rest.”

If Sethus went to scroll down the pictures enough he would come to find pictures taken at what may be Chaulkuau. Snapshots of the landscape that he saw in Heulyn mind-scape. Group photos with what may be other Servants from how diverse they looked from one another. It also appeared that she was a fan of landscape shots for there were quite a few of them. “To go over Servant memories real quick. Those summoned from the Throne are copies of the soul stored there. As such, under normal summoning system they can remember their other summonings like a hazy dream. They can sort of recall details but not really. Under the Chaulkuau system, it allows for Servants to remember past summonings or retain memories. I, while not naturally retaining memories, can bypass the restriction by utilizing my clairvoyance to see into other worlds. When I was summoned by Heulyn I was able to notice several things right away that something was wrong. To side track a bit, the way my clairvoyance works is that it oversees all of Amziel wisdom. But this was limited to Auinozoaun, meaning when the Ishnar made their exodus into this universe they have left the limit of my sight.” He spoke proudly when he mentioned that last bit. After all it’s only right to be proud of your people that have finally flew far enough that he could not see them anymore. Having truly escaped their truest adversary.

Letting out a sigh of content in thought of his descendants he continued. “When I laid my eyes on her I could not see her future.” He was tinge somber in that sentence. Mostly due to the fact that he could not have foresaw what woud befell on Heulyn when she was taken away. “The oddities continue to pile up when I learned Heulyn background. Yet the staff were the same as I remember them, even Dr. Romani Archaman was present who to be brief, it utterly impossible to be there in terms of timeline. The notion that this was in the distant future was also impossible, for even if Angelarium did manage to breach into another universe they could not interact with the timeline past the original Chaulkuau due to the Quantum Time-Lock having been put into place. What that is I’ll leave it for another discussion.” Quantum Physics is an extensive subject that will derail the explanation trying to explain it all. “While assessing I went along and watched her closely. For all sense and purpose she was the mirror of Hathelesia in personality and appearance. Even down to their quirks. Heulyn unique ability to bond with others while making sense, was not the result of Hathelesia for she too had the same ability. Hathelesia formed bonds did not seem to carry over either as I would have thought, for Heulyn had to build those bonds once more although a bit easier. For the Servants, due to the system being fake, only had the typical hazy memories. Yet they felt more comfortable with Heulyn than they would have typically been. Eventually other Servants began to notice something was off. Clairvoyants like myself were having trouble with predicting the future. Divine Spirits and other special servants held the sense of Deja vu, as if they had been here before. Due to the timescale it’s no surprise that memories were having a hard time to return to them. We did not raise our concerns, rather we kept it hidden mostly out of our devotion to Heulyn.”

The list of photos continued. Eventually Sethus would come across rather amorous pictures. “One time a group of us came together to perform an experiment. To put it bluntly, we took a staff aside to a room and killed him. He did not bled or even have a soul.” With that said, he made a small wave of the hand. “I can go on with other things we did but overall I think I explained quite a bit.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:00 am
Sucali picked up a spoon and took up a bit of the pudding. He gave it a taste and nodded, "Odd taste, although I suppose that makes sense. Doesn't seem to be the same thing at any point, an oddity by nature. What is this even called?" He looked to Mystery and shrugged, "Lies are the world. Some are believed, others aren't. Yet just failing to regard them at all is never good. There are some truths however, and failure to regard those will certainly end up like... Me! Hehe..." He then tossed the spoon aside and just started eating it with his face directly, diving it downwards to eat it from the bowl on the table, in predictably very messy fashion.

-

Sethus listened carefully as Goljamush gave his long explanation, keeping an eye on the phone as he spoke in case the images on it were particularly relevant. He did pick it up and look through it as such, although his ears remained up and listening to the arrogant royal as he spoke. That first image was indeed rather odd, being pre-transformation, although it did provide a sense of timeframe from that fact alone. The map app would be useful for later, since his kind did love maps for historical data and if this one was accurate then it would be quite the treat for the scholars. The other images were hardly surprising otherwise, although he did keep looking through to try and get a sense of time progression for Heulyn, as well as just in case there were any more gems in there of major use. The more risque pictures in there did not help, but he was a professional and kept his composure.

Meanwhile, the longer explanation was heard by the High Lord while it was being said. It was easy to tell early on that Hathelesia was important given that she was name dropped, and Sethus had personally gotten rather used to dealing with H-names after that soul delve prior. Traveling to the past was interesting, although Sethus personally felt that wasn't quite right based on his own understandings of the subject. Not to mention, Goljamush was already realizing one great deception, and the High Lord knew just how pliable mortals were to believing the surreal when it suited their own personal twisted logic, or were simply taken in by a preferable fantasy. Regardless, he listened on, and grunted a bit later on, frowning at the mention of being out of his view. The High Lord didn't believe that either. The blind were the last to accept that they lost their vision.

Sethus was thankful the quantum physics were skipped over. That was the territory of Lord Rayumere, as the High Lord couldn't really understand such subjects. They were not in his area of expertise, nor were they very useful to him in all reality. Only a techno-Mystic had use for that. Still, he got what was being said overall, looking up from the phone and nodded, "I see. So you and the other Servants are the ones who figured it out due to contradictions between your memories, reality, and what was being presented to you. Interesting. Although I suppose the question now is if that simulation fact applies to Angelarium as a whole, or Heulyn in particular. That will take more testing. On the more personal level, it'll be necessary to try and sort the real memories from the simulation for Heulyn. That should help her with her personal question of who she is."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:33 pm
“Rainbow Fruit Pudding. It’s certainly not from around here.” She notes before leisurely sipping on a cup of coffee that seem to appear in her hand. A smile then spread her lips as she gave a slight shrug. “Prevarications are indeed the world. That's the entire point no? People need fantasy in order to be people.” She simply states as she watches the ancestor spirit eat his meal. Pleasantly enjoying the sight of such a messy way to eat. “Mmm, that's  true. But I lead a frivolous subsistence. It's Heulyn who puts value in what she believes in. I merely stand to the side visually examining over her, like an elder sister.”

“Hm, A Servant memories is more complex but I’ll leave that for Heulyn to explain.” He was not dismissing the subject out of lack of care, rather he’s simply trying to keep the purpose of the conversation on track without much detour. “But yes, it does need more testing. That’s one of the basic foundations of recording history no? My opinion that the simulation did cover Angelarium at least once when it recreated the Lostbelt Crisis.” He did not go in-depth as that too is a whole other discussion all on its own. Hearing about sorting the memories earned a dignified snort from the king. “That’s an open doorway to a deep philosophical debate on the meaning of what is real. So I’ll spare you from going down that rabbit hole. I’ll say this however, Heulyn does have her personal ideal of what’s ‘real’. So I would not worry about that too much, besides it’s very easy to say that in a wrong way to her. For from a perspective, that is akin to saying that everything she believes is irrelevant and meaningless, and all those ‘heroic spirits’ she contracted with and grew to know are nothing. That all of these adventures, all of the pain, all of the losses, and all of the joy. The very scars on her body, is meaningless. How we define what is real is a complicated subject.” He simply address in the same casual manner albeit a tinge somber.  

“That does mean she can’t see images of course. Regardless you’re still correct on one thing. The question of her identity and how she fits into all of this. When she first came to Chaulkuau the simulation started, replacing the staff with recorded ones and starting off the series of events that did happen in Proper Amziel History. Not only do Heulyn and Hathelesis share appearance and personality but so is the importance of their role. The simulation did appear to be advanced enough to react to the variations to allow minor distortions. Such as going right instead of left, or assigning one servant to fight something instead of the recorded choice. As typical when you consider the nature of the butterfly effect, as they say the want of the nail is a kingdom lost. So while there is indeed fictional moments the events stayed largely the same. Why this even happened is something that needs to be known. From a certain perspective it’s almost as if it serves as a stress trigger to put her on the path of remembering her past lives. Creating a Soul Relic requires a lot of stress.”

His expression turned to a more thoughtful one. “I looked through the world lines to try to find a connection between Hathelesis and the Heulyn that was eaten by Tiamat. My first guess that somehow Heulyn got to the far future and went by another alias but I have yet to find any evidence for that. In the worlds that I’ve seen so far, Hathelesis met her final end. Despite the fact that the first Heulyn has some connection. In fact, if one were to look at it from a certain way, while the colony was one of the first to be attacked it was quite out of the way from the war path. Almost as if it was intentionally targeted. There’s also the nature of a third party, perhaps it was her invisible hand that led Heulyn to where she is. To remind her of her innermost values before unlocking her past lives. Of course this runs on the assumption that Hathelesis is the first in this reincarnation cycle. As you said, a lot of investigation must be done.” After all it was why he was so busy the last few weeks.

All the while if Sethus continued to look through the photos he would begin to notice an important theme. While there are certinally erotic pictures they weren't that lewd. Rather they seem to be photos taken to lightly embarrasses another. A few seem to be taken by her friends taking pictures of Heulyn (Or rather Hathelesis but at this point they can be safely considered the same person) in rather adult attire with a flustered face. But they were very much rarer in comparison to the overall collection. It was apparent that after time that she became a good photographer. Taking photos of the varying landscapes she saw. There were some strange ones that seem to be connected to the Lostbelt Crisis for it appeared that the entire world was bleached so it would make sense for the simulation to recreate such a world wide event. To taking shots that can tell a story. But overall he could see begin to truly understand how Heulyn saw spirits as. Pictures of life, of friendship, of happiness, of unity, of bonds, normality and peace. There were hardly any photos that showed the difference between Heroic Spirits and Amziel which is very well the entire point. As is in her pictures he can't tell the fact that there are tyrants, murderers, warriors, gods, saints, and the like in the same picture. For she came to accept all of them, that are all worthy to enjoy the same blue sky that they stand under.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:16 am
Lifting his head out of the bowl so he could look it over, Sucali looked it over again and nodded, "Rainbow Fruit Pudding. Rainbow in appearance and in taste, how very foreign. It lives up to its name however, although I now have to wonder which fruits make it up. Or if there is any fruit involved at all in making it." Then, after eating another scoop of the pudding, he shrugs, "And then what is being a person? Not a worthwhile question, in truth. No satisfying answer. And that is why fantasy matters." He then chuckled, "An observer, hm? What a satisfying life you must live!" His tone was unclear on whether it was sarcasm or genuine, "I have some values, small ones. They'll be seen through without me thankfully." His head then went back into the pudding.

Sethus was also willing to simply dodge the philosophical debate, as he didn't really have the time for all that. He was dealing with a threat to his throne right now, and so such a debate was not something he could spend his time on. Besides, he was perfectly willing to accept that ideal of reality for Heulyn, since as he mentioned himself, people believed things and acted on them. He was entirely willing to be sensitive to such and accommodate for it, as that would be the only way to make progress. All the same, he listened in further as Goljamush continued to speak, "The idea of a third party is of particular need to be investigated, as that is a bigger implication than most, that it is by design this is all happening. So you can keep looking into that, but I will still be keeping an eye on what you do on my planet, and keep you from pushing it too far. There is more to worry about in the desert than a few scant echoes."

He did continue his search through the phone however, and got to look at the images. He quickly moved past the images that were a bit inappropriate to be lingering on, and otherwise did find the images interesting. They obviously didn't provide massive information on their own, but each of them doubled down his idea of who Heulyn was and how she interacted with the world. An interesting person of empathy, and he had to smile at that. It was different to himself, but through the constructed image of the mind made by the series of pictures on phone he was rather happy he had taken her on. Hardly a bad person to have around after all, empathy was something often in short supply in his own line of work. Empathy for all, that is. Anubites were not a cruel species, but they were far from saints. They could appreciate most cultures and write the history of any person, but to appreciate one's historical impact is quite different from accepting somebody's personage.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 pm
“It’s made from the fruit of the same denomination. A legendary fruit that was rumored to have gone extinct, however one Rainbow Fruit plant still grows somewhere in the cosmos. Each fruit is worth roughly five million monocredits.” She simply spoke the facts in a casual manner. Not too invested in the conversation. Rather she seemed content to watch Sucali eat. “Mm it’s indeed not a copacetic perspective to many in the galaxy. They relish to have things more simpler, to divide the world in ebony and ivory, finding comfort in their fenced pasture.” Albeit cryptic she did seem to be continuing to agree with Sucali settlements. The last comment drew a relaxed smile from her features. Saying nothing in return to that. Instead she proceed to sip on her coffee.

The Golden King listen to the High Lord. He was on the same page since he too also know the implications, more so since he has a greater understanding of Amzielean cosmology. The warning however earned an amused grin from him. “From what I’ve gleaned from the archives there is quite a bit of mystery out there. So I’ll heed your concern.” His compliance was mostly that there was no need to even push. At least not right now. He was still making the lay of the land and spending his days in the archives. His amusement remain as he sees the happiness in the Anubite eyes and the smile that was on his face. Letting out a small chuckle.

“The universe shows its true face when it asks for help, we show ours by how we respond. So it was no surprise when a common factor of so many Servants being loyal to her is because she gives what the universe didn’t in their mortal life.” Kindness and acceptance. While he will always see her as a fool. The fact that she stuck by those ideals as she literally became a marty showed commitment. An unflinching island in an ocean of uncertainty. His expression turn a bit more somber as he continues. “In a way it serves as a vital reason why she could not truly come to hate her captors. Because she understood why they did it. They had taught her an important truth about the cold universe” His gaze lower to the phone in Sethus hand. “They would be trembling in fear if they saw those pictures. And I very much wager that if you did not personally know her, you too would greatly worry. It did not matter if she was a saint. By nature, Power will always be coveted and envied. In their eyes, they saw the equivalent of Anrak Ithkar. Someone with the potential to conquer the world with an army of powerful spirits. Terrified of the potential she posses.”

He took one of his hands out to make a sweeping gesture to the direction of the Yuya demesne. “Your rule may have been just. Your intention may have been for the betterment of your empire. Yet lo and behold, the Yuya baring their fangs in open rebellion. If that’s not a poetic expression on the nature of power than I don’t know what is.” He let hi hand rest against his side. “I was the last to be unsummoned and the last to speak to her. I had told her that all she needed to do was give the command. To enact my judgement of unraveling the world to the barren state it was before and then sail the stars of this new universe. Their blood wouldn’t be on her hands but mine. I and many other Servants would take it upon themselves with glee to bring a nation down to it knees. Yet, as is her foolish nature she rejected that path. For she did not want to prove them right.” While his tone may sound like he was denouncing her choice he did respect it. For he too understood their fear. “There’s a reason that Chaulkuau restrict the number of summoned Servants to seven. We are closer to elementals than true wraiths like your spirits. Even the weakest of us is stronger than ten grown men. So when the world woke up one day to see a nobody surrounded by Servants in the triple digits, their reaction was as expected.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:27 am
Lifting his head up from the pudding again, he shook his head, "Rainbow Fruit, if that's a true fruit name than I am supposing the one who first discovered it wasn't a particularly creative fellow. As for the price, I wouldn't say the taste is exactly worth that much, but I guess the rarity is why that is the case. Might be worth that much to an Ialao I suppose."He then shrugged, "Of course, but the one most often locked in the real pasture are the ones who think themselves out of it without reading the sign. Can't blame them if they can't read, but most can. Though I suppose maybe a skeleton could struggle with that, they don't have eyeballs!" His skin, and importantly eyeballs, melted away across his face, leaving his head just as an Anubite skeleton. He laughed like this before it all returned in a flash and he went back to eating.

Sethus simply gave a nod at the assent. He also didn't feel like pushing, and so it was better for both of them to just let that warning stay in the air and nothing else. He did however listen as he provided further explanation, getting an understanding, although now he returned the smile of amusement. Particularly when he used the Yuyas as an example for the nature of power. At the end, he gave a small nod in agreement, but was now wearing a grin, "You are quite right I believe that seeing these pictures would scare such people thanks to the possibilities it unleashes. The same fear felt by Anubites of days past before being conquered, and the same fear felt by enemies of the Anubites in the past and today when they truly face us on the field of battle. Quite natural to fear that, and so I can't blame them, especially if what you say about that strength is true. Although you must forgive me for enjoying what you said about power. I would have thought that a Legendary King might have a less basic view on the relationship between power and ruling, but I suppose that is the same weakness of understanding felt by Princes, Kings, and Emperors. Quite the same understanding Zantine Emperors have."

Before he could continue however, an Anubite Imperial shuttle passed over their heads, moving towards one of the Fortress-Palace's landing lad, along with a few escort fighters following it along. Sethus watched it come in, and nodded, "Well, that takes priority. Lord Rayumere is here. Gonna have to leave that last point there. If you could, it would be appreciated if you could go get Heulyn and have her meet up at the landing pad. I'd like you both to meet the High Innovator, as he'll be rather important going forward. Not to mention more proficient in some of the topics of import." He then turned to get moving, still smiling to himself.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:10 am
Mystery was not fazed by his antics but does seem to find it a degree humorous. “Rarity does tend to over inflate the genuine worth. That aside, I just wanted to put it out there that this little place will be here for awhile. So you can come by whenever you feel like it. The auroras is a visual treat to optically discern at night.” She remarks before finishing the rest of her coffee. Seemingly content with having Sucali as a potential regular in this strange diner.

Goljamush gave a chuckle in return but let the conversation come to a close now with the shuttle flying overhead. At the same time he felt a fluctuation through the master-servant bond. A cold chill skitter across his forearm. Ah, figured that she would summon a Servant to shadow the beast. He should have expected that she would have summoned someone like that one. She is very protective, as Sethus so plainly put it she would ensure that nothing comes to harm to those she’s trying to protect. And who better to ward off death than the closest representation of one. “Not an issue. I can sense she’s done doting over the beast.” He remarks before heading off towards the presence of his master.

It did not take long to find her given she was making her way back as well. Almost running into him in the hallway. A blush of embarrassment rose in her cheeks as she almost walked into Goljamush by accident. Said king found amusement in her foolishness. Silencing her attempted apology with a look he spoke to the young woman. “I take it you’re finished?” She nodded in response to his inquiry. Further commenting that it took some goading but she manage to send him off with a Setvant she summoned whose presence concealment would make him a great Servant to shadow Mildir for protection. “If nothing else needs to be said let head to the landing pad. This Lord Rayumere had just arrived.” With underneath in her eyes they both head back out to walk towards the landing pad.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:42 am
Sucali finished up the pudding, pushing the bowl aside and letting out a large burp. He started glancing around at the establishment some more now, looking it over again before finally looking back to Mystery and nodding, "Well, it does seem like an okay place. A nice distraction from the regular affairs in my tomb. Quite busy with Nery these days, but this is a better place to go than simply napping. Or I could nap here, this is a nice spot to rest. So, I'll come by every now and then I do suppose." He made the movement of looking at his arm as if there was a watch there, although it was bare, "Oh my, quite a bit of time has passed. Nery will be getting worried!"

Goljamush and Heulyn would arrive at the landing pad in time to see the shuttle's doors opening and letting out the contents within. The first to come out were about four Amurrak Nobles in full formal armored garb, each members of Rehka'det's nobility who had been trained as guards for the representative of their world in the Empire. That particular individual came next, with another Amurrak wearing his full gear exiting the shuttle. It was Lord Rayumere himself, and he slowly emerged from the ship, walking with dignity. This dignity lasted all of five seconds after seeing High Lord Sethus, after which he gave his wings a little wag, and flew up into the air. Landing in from of the High Lord, the High Innovator clapped his hands together and then gave a long bow, started to speak as he rose his head, "High Lord! It is a pleasure to see you as always, even if the circumstances for this summons are rather unfortunate. All the same, I am quite happy that you see use for me once more, and I will do everything in my power to assist you! Not to mention I had heard you took an apprentice, and I really wanted to see them!" He looked over Sethus's shoulder finally, now noticing Heulyn and Goljamush, and let out a small cheer of excitement before stepping forward in front of Heulyn to look down at her. He was still wearing his helmet, but it was almost certain he had a face of glee, "And that must be you! A pleasure to meet you. And your spirit here. I can sense the connection between the two of you! Although there is something odd about you in particular. Wonder if I can pick apart that connection and get a proper look at how it's built and why you feel a bit extra fuzzy for a spirit, ahahaha!" His armor started glowing.

But before the High Innovator could grab his staff and presumably jump straight into experimentation, Sethus came over and put a hand on his shoulder to get him to calm down, "You can save that for later, Rayumere. Heulyn, meet the High Innovator of the Anubite Empire; Lord Rayumere Rehka. And of course, this is Heuyln, the apprentice I took on recently. That is her Servant Goljamush."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:01 pm
Mystery gave a slight giggle before giving a slight nod in understanding. “Nerotep does seem the sort to make a fuss. Mm with that verbalized it been nice meeting you. I look forward to your return. With the rate things are going we might be getting more patrons here. Hildelith is another first customer that visits here. Quite the heftily ponderous imbiber that one is.” She remarks in a carefree mood. If nothing else needed to be said she would assume this is where they part ways for now. The amziel stood up as she retrieved the empty bowl and glass onto a tray to take them back into the kitchen. Leaving Sucali to be free to leave. As said the door would remain behind him when he left.

The King of Kuru was entertained once again. It seems that no matter where Heulyn goes she is always a magnet for colorful individuals. An element that he appreciated for he bores of the bland and mundane mongrels that infest civilizations. That’s not to say that jesters can entertain him forever, of course. “Don’t be too hasty High Innovator. I’m sure the High Lord has curiosities on Heulyn that he likes to pick a part first.” He shot the High Lord a smirk of amusement. Recalling how he seemed flustered when looking through the phone. It was not much of a challenge to connect the dots in that regard. Meanwhile the comment earn a light blush on Heulyn cheeks. Very much attuned to his personality that she understood the subtle joke. Although now she was left wondering what they were talking about when she went off to Mildir. That’s not to say she didn’t expect for topics involving her be of amorous nature. She understood that everyone is a living being with their own desires. And while it may sound egotistical but it does seem that she has the habit of being the center of those types of discussions. From men and women alike. At this point she gotten used to being attractive to so many people. It just wouldn’t hurt if they were more subtle about it though.

Letting the comment slide she set her focus on the Amurrak before her. It was her second time she saw one and the first to be living. Giving a polite smile she respond to the Amurrak. “It’s nice to meet you Lord Rayumere.” She did not say much for she assumed they would be in somewhat of a quick pace to get everything ready. A civil war is not something she sleeps easy on let alone two. It was easy at night for her mind to drift to negative thoughts. To empathize with something is easier once you know first-hand of what it felt. To be ridden with holes as you lay on the ground in a pool of your own blood. To be choked by a cold, uncaring hand. She had against better judgment, looked about the news articles about the lives taken by Omnipo before they declared war. How many unsuspecting people had dreams of their own that they can never reach. She would then wonder about the war front. Of the soldiers falling by the hundreds. She wondered how they passed the time. Did they count all thirty-six hundred seconds in every hour of the day? How many millions of seconds had they reached? How many millions of seconds had she enjoyed at their expense?

Her internal monologue evaporate when she felt presence settle their hand on her soul with a degree of gentleness that one would not expect from the source. Heulyn very much knows the new influence from her new link. He did not need to express anything. For the memories of his words trinkle back to her. ’Thou must only focus thy will on bringing thy abilities to match. Perhaps thou will find, in reaching that apex, that thy life is worth more than the sum of the lives thou hath saved.’ She has to stand tall. Not wallow in agony. Admitting defeat in this cold universe would be a betrayal for what she stands for. To serve as an example that light can prevail in the darkest of times. Meanwhile no one would notice her troubled emotions due to becoming quite efficient in masking them behind a smile.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 am
Sucali gave a nod of affirmation, "Nery is a strict little youngling for sure, very serious about everything. But he's a good little kid at heart, just needs to loosen up while he corrects the indignities of the past! Gotta have a little fun, after all." After chuckling to himself, he shrugged, "Don't quite care about other patrons, just like the place as a nice spot to waste time! Hahaha. Goodbye for now." The Anubite spirit literally bounced out of the cafe at that point, turning into a small sphere and bouncing across the floor and out the door. He reformed as he ended up back in his tomb, where he witnessed Nerotep finally breaking down the barrier Sethus had put up, which was tougher than anticipated. Nerotep looked back to see Sucali grinning, and sighed before looking back, although he did have a small smile seeing Sucali actually follow his instructions of not wasting too much time.

Sethus gave Goljamush a heavy glare for that comment and causing that particular thought pattern in Heulyn's mind, which he didn't fail to notice was going on based on how she responded. Lord Rayumere meanwhile was a bit deflated at the knowledge he couldn't rip the Servant apart and examine the pieces, but he quickly perked up again and chuckled, "Well that's interesting to hear as a comment, but I will have to ask you to restrain from such unflattering comments comments in my and the High Lord's presence in the future! Otherwise that ripping apart may come sooner than expected, and I have always wanted to get a look to see what sets royalty apart from other spirits!" His joyful tone didn't change a beat while saying this, and with that said he turned to Heulyn and nodded, "Nice to meet you as well, Heulyn! I believe we will get along, because I can see you like to think a little more than usual folk. Good, I like thinking too! It's why I have this job, haha! Well, it's actually just the fact that this is the honored position my family has held traditionally speaking, but thinking is why I am actually quite good at my job! Maybe we'll even work together more directly in the course of your studies, eh?"

The Amurrak beat his wings a bit as a physical sign of his personal excitement, and Sethus smiled again, nodding, "Quite likely, though that may have to wait until the times are more pleasant. The High Innovator as a role is very important in times of war, after all. But I bet we can find some time even then. However, we have more important matters to get to, so we can't spend too long socializing. We have to discuss Nerotep. Come! Tarset should be waiting, and Ipwet will send a representative. She is busy in Angelarium personally, but I am certain a member of her family will come in her stead to take her role in the meanwhile and then report back to her. All the same, let's go to the palace meeting hall." With that, the High Lord set off, Lord Rayumere quickly following behind.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:00 am
Goljamush was unfazed by the pair barbs. A air of pride evident as he gave a shrug while giving a short laugh. “Unflattering? There’s nothing shameful in the indulgence of selfish desire. A soul naturally seeks pleasure, whether consciously or not.” He retorts to such nonsense. Truly he had expected some sense from these lords. Why must pleasure and sin be connected? Pleasure gotten through evil means could be a sin. But pleasure can also result from good deeds. What kind of philosophy calls pleasure itself a sin? Nevertheless he’ll go along with these foolish lords. They are not an annoyance yet so he can tolerate them a bit longer.

From her view neither side was truly in the wrong. So she tried to get everyone off that topic by aiming to catch the Amurrak interest. “I would like that. I’m happy to study with people like you. We can learn a lot from each other. Amzielean Magecraft is interwoven with science quite a bit, dare I say that I consider myself a fledgling quantum physicist. Something which I can feel that Sethus would like you to handle with.” She did not speak in a negative way for she’s aware that the Anubites like to stick close to the moonlit world while the Amurrak are less afraid to pursue scholarly fields. She was about to speak more before Sethus spoke up. Giving a smile in acknowledgment she would head after the group alongside Goljamush.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:19 am
The walk to the palace meeting room would take a while, as the palace was a rather large location as one might expect from the base of an honored and powerful family of the longlived Anubite Empire. The Suerankhs have after all been a major force for more than a few generations, and their accumulated wealth translated into the compound they had to travel now. This long walk however did allow for further conversation along the way. Sethus just sighed at Goljamush again, shaking his head at the King's comments about pleasure. He turned back and gave a quick response, "Perhaps that is the case for a King. But I am High Lord, it is a different standard to most royalty that you humanoids seem to produce. An important difference." Lord Rayumere was about to add on, but Sethus held up a hand to give him the sign to not do so. The High Lord didn't want him adding onto that particular discussion. Instead he gestured back to Heulyn, "She is quite right, I am not a man of sciences. They are not within my realm of expertise, nor will they likely ever be something that does come into my sphere of knowledge. As such, I must delegate these particular interests to others to indulge."

Stopped from throwing another joyful barb at Goljamush, the Amurrak threw his attention to Heulyn and clapped his hands a bit in happiness, "Oh that is pleasant to hear! Quantum Physics are quite a heavy topic, interesting at least however! Although far from the only interesting topic, you know! Lots to be explored in this galaxy of ours, and more interesting to connect the land of science to the mystic arts. That is the life of a techno-mystic! We are the ones who see that technology and science bend to the will of mortals and tradition! Ensure that it synergizes with the mystical arts instead of pushing back or being trampled under the boots of ancient thought. That is how this Empire keeps itself moving forward, yet also keeping us within the safe bounds of tradition to keep a stable society! Part of the reason this Empire survives, and why it will live on far beyond our own lifetimes as well."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:48 pm
Goljamush indifferent crimson eyes soften in a tinge of nostalgia to the response. “Bearing a noble title does not make you immune from the failings of the mortal heart and mind.” His tone was not combative now. Instead he seemed to become more candid. “However I have no argument with these ‘humanoids’ that permanente this galaxy. They are truly everywhere like an infestation. From the overconsumption on Proscore to Instabull that may very well be shaken by the rut of their nobles. Even the Watrikes are disturbing.” He would be genuinely surprised if this Grand Drake did not possess a harem of Wartrike concubines with how adamant they are in their loyalty. As they walk the two rulers would find themselves closer to communicate without Sethus having to look back while his master and the Rayumere drift off a bit in their own bubble. “My path of kingship is simple. I acquire treasures which catch my interest, and protect them. I completely annihilate all that gets in the way of my pleasures. That is all. Regard me as a demon or a tempest if you must. In any case, my mother was a Mirin. Isn't it only natural that I should be inamziel?” He caught his master looking over seemly to intervene into the discussion. The intent on her face told him that she was about to come to his defense. To which like Sethus to Rayumere, held up a hand as well. If one wishes to know him than they make their inquiries alone, struggling forward by their own power. That was the aesthetic he demands.

Heulyn pout in protest but gave in. He may be the oldest amzielean king but that does not stop her selfish desire to come to her Servant defense. For she knows who he is. Someone that wants to oversee Amzielean and nudge them when they need it, and eventually lead them on the path to greatness. This is really his life's work more than anything else, and it was in deciding to become the guide and adjudicator of amzielean that he became the volatile storm that he is which is to say, he fashioned his personality in order to serve a role he felt needed to be served. Even to other races beside Amzielean he simply wish to see people rise to greatness. But because of the way he goes about it, he is frequently mistaken for an idiot because he doesn't flaunt his intelligence and because his pride can often lead him to unfortunate decisions, as well. So it was hard to stand by and watch. For he was a King that had bear the burden of the entire world. Something that she can relate to on a deep level. In that sense it was no surprise that he was the one to first answered her call. Leaving the two rulers talk as they make their way she turn back to Rayumere with a grin. “That’s breathtaking to hear.” She only needed those words to summarize her feelings toward the subject. For the union of science and mysticism is what made Chaulkuau the wonderful home it was. “I really look forward to the studies after this. It’ll be such an honor to learn from you.”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum