Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Stories of Progress  [Eteru/Richard] Empty Stories of Progress [Eteru/Richard]

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:22 pm
Angelarium, its main landmass is home to new horizons, Empires, ruins and enclaves of people who just want to get by without alien support. A land and people remade by its once evil goddess since 'reformed'  with both unsure of their future thanks to the aliens that now move amongst them.

The once proud, cautious and powerful people now unsure of themselves as unfamiliar powers and pastors. Some rely on themselves to survive, others seek the compassion of the aliens willingly, others more begrudgingly, and others still move to the east...

Eastward a Lich had forged a tower after he went on to break the bonds of his dark master to find a way to sustain his unlife thanks to the help of one of the alien empires weapons... A strange fellow who oozed a sort of gluttonous aura about him.

The old lich, who had watched over the peoples of this planet and had helped the people of the world overcome seemingly unending and undying foes where he could now had a time of peace to enjoy. Now having a human facade to wear around the living and adopting an apprentice... An annoying tomboy of a girl who was far too hyperactive and rude for her own good. Still, she was a good girl. Lost, without a home to return too... <Leaving her to the mercy of her frightened and desperate kin... I could never do that> The Lich thought to himself. With no past to return to, no home to call his own...He took in this girl. And started to teach her how to use those annoying antimagic fists of hers along with some principles of magic he learned along the way around the world.

-----

In the unclaimed lands to the east of both the Solar Empire and the Iammelon Union,  the beginnings of a free land were forming. Certainly not one that could match up to either of the empires of what they had forged... But one that those that came to it were rather humbled by its existence in the uncertain and imposing sights back North and South West. A town, a little town with a wizards tower in the centre, a place where the Lich Richard and his apprentice a Azmiel girl called Samantha lived... Around that tower stone houses, taverns, farms, a market, stables, tailors, stone paved roads, a water wheel and windmill, even a quarry were all available in the town. Rather low tech compared to the majesty and technology of the Empires of the west but magic quickly filled in any gaps to make up for the lack of sophistication. The town was small, only a couple hundred people lived here but it was well guarded by the shadows of the Lich. It's existence was known back west for being an oddity... To the Anubite who watched it, they considered it worrisome that a Lich was caring for the wellbeing of the living... It was something that should be dead, but its existence was something worth watching for now. If only to sate their curiosity... The town's name. Was Progress.

As for what the odd lich was doing currently... He took human form, dressed in his best robes with  peasant attire beneath it as he laid atop the tiled roof of his five story stone tower, looking to the rising sun above him. His deep green eyes unfazed as he looked to the still unfamiliar sun above... It was an odd feeling. Being able to look upon something that was once barely even considered a star on this dead world now breathing such life into the solar system... "This planet sure is weird..."

Below him, at the base of the tower, the voice of his apprentice called up as she stood below, cupping her small scarred hands around her mouth as she screamed up to the towers roof "Mr bones!!! People are starting to talk about strange sightings of activity in the valleys near here!! Wanna go check it out!?"

<Strange sightings? That can't be good... Could be scouts from either of the Empires wanting to scope us out... Not that we're a threat. My vestiges are the ones doing all the guarding around here with a meager militia starting to form... I suppose I am pretty powerful so they might be worried that I'm trying to start my own power out here... Not that I really want to make my own sodding empire. Sounds like a good way to get killed... Still. Better go and see what it is at any date. Can't have it scaring the trauma riddled people just trying to get by here. Gotta protect them...> The Lich thinks to himself as he ruffled his light reddish hair with his hand before shuffling forward till falling from the tower.

A gentle breeze builds to a single controlled gust of wind beneath his feet so he lands gracefully to his feet before his apprentice... Samantha. A girl no older than 13, bright blonde hair she's seemed to haphazardly cut short with some kind of crude knife, no shtyle to it at all though oddly looking cute on her, with big hazel coloured eyes often filled with mischief... Now being no exception as she eagerly awaited the word of her father figure/teacher. That expectant look on her little face... Richard just sighs and scratches his head as he closes his eyes, looking exasperated "I had wanted to spend the morning relaxing. But sure, lets go check out this weird sighting of yours." He says as he waltzed down the cobblestone path from his tower to start wondering down the street out the village.

Samantha seemed to crumple down with glee before leaping into the air "YAY!! ADVENTURE WITH SKELLY" She says bolting to catch up to him, positively bouncing beside him as they travel out of the town to head towards a valley not too far from them. Richard, while outwardly indifferent, couldn't stop himself from smiling as he kept walking with the girl. "Stop calling me skelly already will you... Such a pain..."

Last edited by Lost_Psion on Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Stories of Progress  [Eteru/Richard] Empty Re: Stories of Progress [Eteru/Richard]

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:30 pm
The wind rushed around his frame as he rode upon his speeder. Shooting across the open grassland. Racing beneath the great blue sky scantily covered with cumulus clouds. The thrill of sailing across these unknown lands being fueled by his wanderlust. Despite having spent forty years traversing strange new worlds and grander expeditions before that. His heartstrings still sung the tone in praise to the unknown that yawns before him. Never have he felt his free time was wasted in simply wandering. He relishes in doing something so mundane and simple. A healthy change of pace in a high stress lifestyle like his.

His cut through the grassland was coming to an end. The treeline of a forest was approaching him quickly. Unlike what most would have done he did not slow down. Instead he zoomed into it with glee and confidence. Relying on his conditioned instincts to weave around trees and branches in split second windows. Eventually he came to a stop in a clearing to take a rest from the heart pounding adrenaline rush. It goes to show his habit of getting into high stress scenarios regardless. Sitting on the idling speeder he leaned over to grab a water pouch from his bag for a drink. Taking a moment to enjoy the sounds of nature around him.

For actually sitting in one place long enough he could sense something going on in the distance. With his general understanding of the surrounding topography a valley is in that direction. Putting his pouch back he mentally debated on checking it out. If he was a normal person he would have carried on with his life. But not this man, Abraham Zvonimir. If something catches his attention he’ll always go check it out. Mostly out of an innate drive to help anyone who might need it. Putting his helmet back on he leaned forward. His speeder gives out a pulse of speed as it zip between the trees to the valley up ahead.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Stories of Progress  [Eteru/Richard] Empty Re: Stories of Progress [Eteru/Richard]

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 pm
Through the wild and untamed grasslands, passing passive grazing mammals as they snack on natures wide abundance, life persists around the one who should be long past when life had given up on him. They largely travelled on foot, Samantha and Richard, though some timely passed wind magics sped them along their way, though really it was just Richard appealing his pupils strange hyperactivity by offering to throw her as hard he could towards the valley with wind magic like a big bullet...

"Really!? You can do that?!" She screamed up at him, the excitement palpable in her little shrill voice. Richard didn't have nearly enough opportunities to show off to people, practically there was no reason to. But it was more so for the fact that he could get some validation for all those years alone researching and mastering magic. "Pfft, who do you take me for. Some novice? Of course I can do it. Now stay still." For the Lich is was a simple premise, in lifting his hand he conjured soft winds to encircle his apprentice before drawing the runic formation and circuit for the spell in the air before him. Programming what, how and when the spell will work and stop working... A hybridised system he formed from studying Amzeil magics along with perfecting his own native and vastly inferior one in terms of functionality...

As he continued drawing, letting Samantha see its formations and features, the winds around her picked up, starting to whistle louder and louder as she started to kick her feet off the ground with a big grin on her face. "Annnnnd... Done." With a flourish of his finger, Samantha was fired up into the air and towards the valley like a screaming rocket. For a moment Richard just watched his pupil fly off before he looked back to his circuits for a moment. "Hmm..." He rubs one of them out before rewriting it quickly. "That's better." Richard mutters to himself with a devious smirk on his face as the circuits disappear as he starts to walk after her.

The screaming rocket of giggles makes it to the valley with the ground approaching fast, as she starts to notice that mr ground was getting closer her giggling started to grow more worried as the magic around her started to suddenly shift direction, the winds dispersing and blowing to cushion her landing... Cushion... Samantha started to tumble through the long grass and send some small mammals fleeing for their lives from the screaming sky child before she groaned on her back, the world around her swirling and spinning before Richard pokes his head into view moments later, smirking down at her "So how was it being a missile?"

"Bleeeh... How'd you get here meanie bones?" She says, trying to stop her eyes from rolling in her head as she stays flat on her back. Richard just kept watching her as she tried to roll over onto her side, multiple times with a big satisfied smirk on his face "I used a portal to come over. Obviously. I can portal in to people I know... Range and accessibility are the only setbacks to this spell. Now..." Standing up straight, Richard started to get a good look around. The valley was situated within a large natural bowl shaped mountain range, with opening to the south west that lead into a massive forrest, with a larger opening to the north west where they just came from. It was a really nice place, had a natural lake in the centre too... Situationally it was a really good place for a fort if there ever was one. "Guess we'll have to look around to see what weird thing the locals were on about..."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:44 am
Abraham was moving through the forest at a controlled cruising speed. Having got his daily rush with his bull rush into the forest. No reason to keep recklessly driving. He perks up when a strange shrieking Amziel soar overhead into the distance. Kids these days then again he wasn’t any better. From what he knows of the area there’s supposedly a town nearby named Progress. So he assumes that is where the Amziel generally came from. The real question here is what that Amziel was doing. From a guess how old she may be she was young. Young enough to inflict concern in him over her wellbeing. Children are after all pretty stupid, he knows because he was one himself all those years ago. He could still vaguely remember the days when he still lived in his home world. There was a dumb memory where he and someone who he guess was a friend decided that because he had a lot of sisters meant he had perfect understanding of girls in general. So clearly the next logical step was to cash in on this well of wisdom by being a Girl Guru. From what he could recall, that did not last long. Reason he remembers this incident was that his wife used it as ammunition for friendly banter before they got married till it faded away to give way to fresher banter.

Abraham clear his thoughts of his wife. She already gets a kick knowing even centuries later he still can’t stay his mind off of her for long. What a hopeless, lovesick man he was. Clenching the handlebars with a tighter grip his speeder quicken its passage. Making his way until he finally noticed the increasing elevation. Through the branches he could tell there was a passage over to the left but he kept with his ascent up the rocky mountain face. Preferring to head to high places to get a good lay of the land from a high vantage point. It was smooth sailing to get to the top save for some readjustments when it got difficult to maneuver around some outcroppings. Speeders were good going up sharp angles but they were no gravity defying horses he heard about from that Iammelonian video game. Finally he got to the top of the mountain ridge. Parking it along the spine he looks out into the open valley. Keeping his eyes peeled to whatever may be amiss.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:51 pm
Abraham, from his height advantage atop the cliffs overlooking the valley's splendor, could see alot from where he was on his bike. Besides the grazing beasts and the strange birds flying overhead, through the valleys path, there wasn't much.

He could see where the girl he saw screaming overhead land nearby along with someone standing near her and helping her to her feet. She didn't seem on edge being near him, she even seemed to bounce around him... Must be a parent or maybe an older sibling from how young he looked. Though... He's oddly well dressed for a local...

---

Richard could sense something in the valley with them, thought the sound of the speeder had caught his attention was his gaze drifted to the cliffs overlooking them to a stranger looking down on them in the distance "Well I'll be damned, there was a scout afterall... I wonder which Empire he's with." He says looking back down to his apprentice who's gone weirdly silent as she looks to the lake in the centre of the valley.

"Hey mr bones. Why is that woman standing in the water?" Samantha says, tilting her head with a puzzled expression on her face as she points over through the grassy fields to the centre of the oval shaped lake. That's strange, he didn't detect any other Amziel or aliens in the valley. "A woman you say?" Looking to the centre of the lake he did see it... Though something was up. She wasn't there before. "That's weird... I didn't see her from way up high mr bones... She a friend of yours?" She says looking up to Richard. His face was weird, it didn't have that quiet happy look he usually had when he wore his annoyed face... There was a deeply troubled look in his eyes but he looked like he had no idea why he felt like that. "... Richard?"

Peering to the woman in the centre of the lake, seeing her long and flowing strawberry blonde hair... Moving unnaturally in the wind. The slight and slender frame, pale in complexion yet covered in some sort dark bindings covering her... Any features besides that were oddly hard to make out. It felt like even if you got close it would be that way too. Why do I feel so uneasy... Thought the Lich as he kept looking to the woman, the uneasy feeling didn't die down... Along with a welling feeling of guilt. "Do I know her..."

"RICH!

The Lich's attention snapped back to his apprentice for a moment "H-Huh? What is it?" He says as he looked down to the worried looking girl, tightly tugging on to the sleeve of his robe. "How come you looked super scared? You never look like that, is that lady trouble?"

"I- I have no idea why-?!" Looking back to the lake where the strange woman stood, all trace of her had vanished. "G-Gone huh... Jeez... If that is what people in the village were spotting that means it likes being here. It certainly isn't native..." He wasn't able to detect it with his magic, whatever it was. It wasn't alive. "Aaaah..." Exasperation, his unease settling back into more annoyance as he tries to settle himself back to a more normal pace.

Samantha looked up at him, her worried expression easing up as she smiled, though still holding on tight to his sleeve "Well if it's looking for trouble you'll beat it right?"

Richard looked down to her before moving a hand to ruffle her hair "Who do you take me for? I'm Richard. I've eaten monsters scarier than some spooky lady of the lake." He says before looking off towards the lake again ... I wonder if I can make up on my bluster. "[i]Oh right there was a guy on the mountain. I wonder if he saw all that...[i]" He says looking back up to where he saw the speeder.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:10 pm
They were quite far off. The open grassland made it easy for Abraham to see the pair down in the valley. He could hear the distant echo of their voices. If he wanted to he could actually hear what they would be saying but at that point it would be simply eavesdropping. And there wasn’t much reason for him to go down there to bug them. Scanning the rest of the valley he temporarily saw a visage of someone in the water before disappearing out of focus. A grunt escaped him involuntarily. The sight was not out of the norm. Spooky ghost figures were something he got used to in Solus. And that wasn’t mentioning the plethora of other paranormal experiences in his life. But he wouldn’t lie that it was a bit interesting. This planet does have a lot of hidden secrets.

He felt someone looking at him. Drawing his attention back to the figure in the distance. An ant on a green land. Giving a friendly wave he got the sense that the person was looking around for the same mirage. Should he go down there and help out? There was no reason not to. Selfless service is a vital value in the armed service. If he can be of aid to other people who need it then he has the obligation to fulfill it. Readjusting his helmet back on he powered up his speeder. Turning to start going down the side of the mountain. Practically flying down with how much air he’s getting at times. Only having to weave around a rock once or twice.

Slowing down he drove in a lazy snake pattern to kill off some of his momentum when he reached the bottom of the mountain. Rolling up near to the pair at a relaxed speed. Coming to a stop once more he put off his helmet. Setting it down on the speeder. “Beautiful day out.” He broke the ice. His eyes are a luminous brown. “Name’s Abraham. I take it you saw something over there?” He gestured to the lake with a tilt of the head. “Same here. I ain’t got a clue on what it was. Angelarium sure does have a lot of surprises.” He spoke honestly. For all his experiences in the otherworldly he doesn’t claim to be that knowledgeable in the arcane. More often than not he was simply a passenger in the joy ride that is life.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:38 pm
Richard looked over to the guy driving his speeder over while Samantha was frowning as she kept her eyes on the lake, seeming to think that if she stares long enough she can make the weird lady reappear. As he approached he could feel the man's altered life essence. It's old... Amziel essence is there but it's... Odd. Some kind of stabiliser maybe? I can't tell what that other essence is. Feels really old and distant. Can't be with the Solar Empire or those Iammelon people.... Dna doesn't match up. And I sure as hell haven't sensed him before The Lich was being silently cautious, this man was now an unknown variable. Since he was riding around on a speeder he couldn't be stronger than him, but he might be older... With that came dangers all their own since he could be skilled in ways of dealing with someone like him. Well... Seeing as the old guy seemed perfectly nice outwardly it was only right to return that nicety.

The fresh faced lich put on a soft smile as he nods "It is pretty nice out today, perfect weather for doing nothing." He says as he looks the guy up and down as he says his name. The girl spirals round and grins up to the old guy as she erupts with introductions before Rich could even get a chance to do that himself. "I'm Samantha Grimm and this is my skelly friend Richard Grimm."

Richard's head snaps to look down at her for at the exact moment she mentioned he was a skeleton, while he wasn't really worried about people finding out. He didn't want to have that fact flaunted around since his being a Lich tends to gather negative attention. Since he's got no idea who Abraham works for this was a bad situation to go into blind. Still, he wasn't about to explode for her revealing that... So he lightly chops the top of her head with an open palm and an annoyed expression plastering his face "Since when did you start calling yourself by my family name. I haven't adopted you yet you annoying apprentice." He says as Samantha grins up at him "Hehehe, you said yet. So you will???"

His annoyed expression crumbled quickly because of that as his gaze stone grindly started facing skyward as he grumbles. "Idiot... Who do you take me for... Like I need some stupid piece of paper for that. Far as I'm concerned you can keep using the name. See if I care..." Samantha's eyes lit up as she grabbed the Lich's arm and squeezed tightly as she snickered to herself.

Richard directed his attention back to Abraham, no doubt they look like quite the odd pair right now. "Yeah we saw something over by the lake, people in Progress were getting worried about things so as its protector I came to check it out... I had thought it was scouts from either of the nearby Empires wanting to scope us out... Though it doesn't seem like it now. Not sure if I preferred it being scouts. But it looks like I'm not done with this weird planet yet after living on it for so long. Still, it beats the perpetual horrors and fighting of how it used to be." He says as he looks to Abraham.

He's definitely honest... He doesn't seem that bad of a guy. Still. I can't be too careful I still have no idea who he is or who he works for. Best keep things civil.

"Speaking of the other Empires. You don't look like your with either of them. What brings you to Angelarium Abraham?" He asks with a smile on his face.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:49 pm
Abraham too could get an inkling of the man's life essence. It was definitely not something mundane and ‘normal’. He would fit well in Ishnar society with their aged population and society saturated in the arcane. From watching the pair in their shenanigans he could tell they are mentor and apprentice as they claim to be. An odd pair but hey he lived around eccentric oddballs all his life. He gave a chuckle in agreement when he went about his preference. “Can’t blame you there friend. I may have not been here for that but I know how good it is to get a breath of fresh air.” One can only fight for so long until they begin to break down. They are living beings of flesh and emotion. Not apathetic machines that can endure continuous strife.

He looked over to the man when he inquired about his origin. Flashing him a smile. “Ah that I’m not. Quite a long way from home. Though technically that distance is shortened. How? Well that’s a trade secret.” He spoke in a semi-joking manner. The man could tell he was merely playing around and not really hiding anything. Since this world is governed by the Anubite it makes it so that even other empires on it are allowed to know of Ishnar's existence. “But seriously I came from the other side of the pond. By pond I mean the universe. An empire nestled cozily in the confines of a supervoid. Anyhow,” He looked back over to the lake. “Something making it rounds around the rumor mill huh. I can see why people are being spooked by it.” He remarked. Not really having an excuse to play armchair paranormal expert. If he doesn’t know then he’s not going to make it seem like he has a clue of what he’s talking about.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 am
Perhaps Richard would have fit in rather well, it was one of their own that brought him to this planet in the first place. Or at least that is what he believes after wandering for so long across the once blasted and oozing surface of the previously dying world. It was thanks to the Ishnar though that he learned to read and write basic, how to make his hybrid magic and how to speak both the native language of the Amziel and basic. Without the bits and pieces he found of Ishnaran knowledge throughout the dying worlds ruins he wouldn't be where he is today.

Rich just smiles as he remarks about breathing fresh air "I'll have to take your word on that. I haven't had functioning lungs in quite a long time." One of the few perks of being undead, the only exhaustion you have to worry about is mental and mana. Well, he did have to worry about his cursed phylactery at one point too since it required a constant supply of energy to keep him alive. In the past he made do by devouring the monsters of the surface, though it wasn't until the curse branded upon him was devoured did he truly feel free again. Without such a thing he could live without worry.

When he confesses to be from across the pond after his little joke, the pieces fell together for the old Lich. "Aaaaah, that explains the Amziel essence patched onto the unknown one. You're from Ishnar, I still know very little about your people despite the fact I've lived on this planet for so long." He says placing his hands behind his head, smiling more softly now that the puzzle was solved. Well, one of them anyways.

Looking back to the pond, his smile faded as that sensation of unease started fading back in "A spectral woman who likes to only appear here near Progress... I'd say it was a coincidence if I still believe in such a thing. I hate to think she's hear for someone."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:15 pm
Abraham looked over to the lake as well. “A mystery is still a mystery no matter how small. And I get the sense that neither of us are just going to walk away from whatever is going on.” He gave a grin to the pair. Eyes now a pool of orange. Radiating an adventurous spirit. “I’ll let you take a crack at it first. Only proper.” While he could not determine what sort of person Richard is he could make a solid assumption that he and Samatha are from Progress. And he feels that people of a town should have the privilege of solving their own issues.

He looked over to the young lass. “So, an Apprentice huh. Learn anything exciting?” The youth tend to love partaking in awesome and fun things. Especially when it came to paranormal elements. Since he likes seeing such bright energy he felt no harm in offering her the chance to indulge in it. To take the moment to live it up once a while. One can only be young for so long till reality whittles it down year by year.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:56 pm
In contrast to the adventurous pools of orange that filled the strangers eyes, the Lich's own emerald eyes were filled with wavering confidence. Richard couldn't help but agree with his observation that whatever was here wasn't going to let them just leave now they knew it was here. "Yeah I was afraid of that. Guess we should start getting closer." He says as he starts taking the first few steps forward before he could feel the sense of unease only grow inside him. "I am getting really bad vibes from just stepping forward. Jeez, I guess that just means it's worth annoying then." He says a bid uneasy grin settles across his face.

As Abraham asked just what she was learning, Sam puffed out her chest, seeming very eager to tell as she had a smile on her face. Hefting one of her skinny arms up and resting a hand on it "Rich taught me how to use the powers I got better than when I was using them. My power is that I can punch magic power out of things, dismantle stuff made of magic. But at first I had to hit it. Now I can do it by touching it! He's also teaching me how to use sorcery too! He's super smart! I'll be super smart and awesome too one day!"

"You still have a long way to go, you haven't been able to manifest your desire yet. Though from what I know of you, it'll likely be something big and annoying to handle." Richard says back over his shoulder, this made Sammy pout as she lightly thumped her balled up fists into his back "It will happen soon! You haven't manifested one either you big dummy!"

"That's because I'm not using sorcery. I'm using a hybridisation that's easier for me to use... I'd rather not find out what my desire is and let it manifest. It's better this way." Richard says with a smile on his face as he looks back and ruffles the shambled hair of his pupil as they walked up to the water's edge. At first all seemed well, though as they all reached the edge of the lake, mist quickly started to form all around them...

So you did become a coward after all these years. Too afraid to even open your heart again after what you did all those centuries ago... My love. A somber, almost angelic voice spoke out from within the dense mist. Light, feminine, sweet on the ears. Though that final part... Venom filled, dripping with betrayal.

Hearing that voice again, hearing her words. After he had done so much to forgive himself for what he had done... He was told that she had passed on and reincarnated hundreds of times already according to his old slave master, the God of dark trickery... Another lie. Dread spread across his face quickly, hands trembling at his sides. "So he brought you back too then... Anastasia-"

Uttering her name has her appearing before the three of them, her hands bound in black cloth as she brought one to his cheek, at this distance she was perfectly visible now. In all the supernatural splendor, her facial features were soft, pale and slight like the rest of her. Her eyes, nothing more than wells of blackness as she gazed right into the fearful eyes of her betrothed in life. "Wrong..." With a mournful look on her face, the hand grazing his cheek shined before Richard was sent barrelling back through the grasslands, only by 30 metres of so.

The sudden appearance of this spooky lady surprised Samantha, the presence this lady had... It was icy cold but somehow warming at the same time... Though not the pleasant kind of warm, it was uncomfortable. It was a new sensation but she had felt the general mood before, this lady wasn't friendly. She was already not liking this, but Richard was here! He could- "Eh...?" Confusion and worry took grip, a cold burn ran down her spine as she watched her father figures face gripped with dread before he was blown away. "Dad!" Samantha immediately turn back and un for Richard, though this was a poor time for her to start calling him that as the spirit did not look happy about this, a hand reaching down to grab hold of the back of her neck to start picking her up "So you got yourself a daughter... Maybe you aren't such a coward as I thought."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:23 pm
So they know about Ahnenerbe. Interesting to know. It doesn’t concern him all that much beside what Richard mentioned. “Die Ewigkeit Sorcery is heavy stuff. I would listen to your skelly firend. But don’t get me wrong, I’m impressed you are making progress at your age. Mine was a bit multi-facet. So it took me quite a while to grasp the concept of it.” He appraises Samatha to give her a sense of pride. The young need to feel that what they do is valid and important. His train of thought shift tracks when he took notice of the scene playing out before him. Eyes turning into a steely grey. The tension in the air was evident. Putting on his helmet he continued watching the scene. No thought was spared on the woman's appearance. She would need to be more grungy, butch, and tomboyish before he would even dare of thinking of another woman beside his wife as attractive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that after all.. He was more focused on the concern for the safety of Samatha and Richard.

He kicked his speeder into gear when Richard was blown back by an invisible force. Performing a hairpin drift to snag the young teen before the figure could drag her. Hauling her up onto the front of the crate that held his bags. Boosting away to literally leave the figure in the dust they shot forward to where Richard was. When they raced by he reached down to grab Richard by the collar. Using the momentum to make him go airborne so he wouldn’t be dragging him. “Getting some distance between us!” He didn’t know what he was dealing with. So the best first course of action was tactically retreating to a safe distance of at least 300 meters. Coming to a stop to let the pair get down. “You alright friend?” He spoke to Richard, Looking over him to see if he was hurt at all.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:46 pm
His comment on her abilities did give Samantha a sense of pride before it all seemed to hit the fan. Having the girl suddenly snatched from her grip, Anastasia let it slide as she watched the soldier scoop up the girl and retreated back. Samantha clung to the back of the bike while watching the spooky lady get obscured in all that dust.

When he hiked Richard up and gunned it back up 300 metres, it wasn't clear straight away though as he got off the bike his human guise had vanished along with his lower jaw with a smouldering hand pint shaped hole in the side of his face "U-Using holy magic to break me apart quickly, must be some kind of Revenant or spectre... S-Samantha I need you to focus on the little white flames currently eroding my eye socket... Try to dispel it" Richard couldn't freak out on Abraham figured out he was a real undead now. Samantha quickly nodded he head and held her hands close to his face, as she focussed the little smouldering flames did start to disappear.

Richard winces as the flames start to vanish, and seeing that her attack was being erased, Anastasia abyssal eyes opened wide as she started to take steps through the air towards them "Stop... STOP HEALING HIM! HE HAD TO SUFFER!" She says throwing an arm forward as holy light gathers over her head, forming a large javelin, her face twisted in hatred before she threw it at Richard.

"A r i s e, Fronz!" Despite the lack of a jaw, Richard certainly had no trouble announcing his command. Really it was a panic move, even if his body was destroyed it was fine as long as she couldn't get a hold of his phylactery. But if she did destroy his body with holy magic then he would be unable to do anything for days, maybe weeks.

A thick black cloud of energy ruptured from the ground between Richard and that holy spear before it hit something solid. The holy light burning against a large https://imgur.com/g9MqUgutarget that skidded back through the black cloud, kicking up dirt and grass before stopping. Large armed raised as the holy light was warped into the red gems all over its armoured form, making them pulse brighter and brighter. "[iA-Ah good, he survived it. Now quick, point the blast at the ground so we can use the screen as cover.[/i]" Richard called out as only silence followed. Anastasia still walking across the grassy field towards them as she looked up to the warped summon. "So you brought Heimrich back for his Bloody Martyr then... A poor choice to bring him here Richy."

Richard started to look confused before Fronz started to shiver and quake in place before slowly turn around. The black energy that made him up quickly turned grey as he turned around, axe forming in his hand as it filled with red energy. Slowly starting to raise it high as Richard grew increasingly fearful. At this range Fronz was only about 100 metres away but the attack would catch them in seconds. He doubted Abraham could take such a hit and certainly not Samantha. "Heimrich Fronz was loyal to the crown... And he will continue to serve its Princess. Not a coward who was tricked and pretends to be a king."

Richard, as the missing parts of his skull started to slowly reform and heal, he slowly rose to his feet as the human guise reformed over his body, he was clearly afraid but he couldn't run from this... How many years had the woman he loved festered hating him while he was under the impression that she had forgotten him, that she had lived countless lives while he floundered in his depression and isolation from the living. Gritting his teeth he held out his arm, shielding Samantha as he looked to the vengeful ghost that finally found her way here. "This is insane... You want me to suffer?! Then leave them out of this! They are innocent in this, but even then I have suffered more than enough! I mourned what I had done thanks to Yoldrem trickery! You think I didn't torture myself over what I did?! I loved you!" He screamed out past the massive axe wielding knight towards the vengeful spirit beyond.Her face unchanged by what he had to say in this.

"I would gladly have died by your side if that trickster god had let me. But more than that, If your father had never intended to kill me in that tomb for wanting to marry you I would never had become like this in the first plac-" Richard was stopped as Fronz closed the gap in a flash, axe being brought down but with a quick action Richard caught the blade before it struck him, holding it in place as magic circuits light up across his body. Using every body enhancement he had access too just to keep the blade from moving any further. "G-Goddammit I see you lost your virtuous patience in death huh? He says before looking back to Abraham.

Richard only had one shot to stop all this and keep Samantha safe. He'd have to pit everything on using Necropolis and every ounce left in his body just to keep Anastasia and Fronz from leaving this valley and hurting anyone else. But he couldn't do it with the both of them here. "[i]A-abraham! Get Samantha out of here now!
"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:08 pm
Abraham mentally cursed when the hostile already began to close the distance at rapid speed. Quickly getting the idea of the playing field at play. Didn’t help that the phantasm richard spawned broke free of its shackle. That earned a grunt from him but didn’t make a quip about it. Not the proper time for chastising someone on the basic principles of conjuration. And he wasn’t even magically inclined. Pushing aside his thoughts he reacted to Fronz’s assault. When the axe swung to the end of the arc it did not strike Richard. Instead as if it struck something metallic in the air between the two. Orange light bursting from it. Reversing the laws of kinetic and vector energy. Rebounding the now doubled force back at Fronz. Possibly cracking the axe and dislocating its arm.

Still grey eyes snap to Richard. His features are hard yet understanding. Samantha was the topmost priority. And from what he could sense from Richard he was holding back. He took a shot to guess that it was because they were present. “I’ll be back for you.” He spoke the vow to someone who was practically a stranger. To a soldier however. Who had fought alongside strangers countless times. It did not matter if that person is a stranger.

Securing Samantha he sped off as fast his speeder could do. Bolting across the plain and up the mountain side. Getting to the ridge where they would park behind a boulder. He would proceed to jump off the bike. Before the girl could get off herself he slapped his helmet onto her and pressed the boost button on her speeder. Make the bike shoot off in a sudden burst of speed. Resulting in her to get serious air as she flew off the mountain. Abraham made sure to watch a few seconds to be sure the bike landed well. The direction was open grassland so it was not too hazardous of a risk. Seeing that she made it down fine he turned to look around the boulder to see the current situation.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:23 am
As the massive axe failed to hit its mark in mid air, Richard and Anastasia were both very surprised that Fronz's axe failed to hit its mark. Even the echo of Froz seemed surprised, he even tried to muscle it past the invisible force in the air stopping his attack before the sudden burst of orange made him regret his defection. In that burst of orange he was sent sprawling back as his axe flew up into the air, landing with the blade planted in the ground while both of the echoes arms were twisted completely out of place, though no noise of pain came from the armoured vestige, leaving him rather low on attack options as he glared towards Richard and the others behind him.

Richard caught on that this intervention was Abraham straight away as a small smile curled on his lips "Being able to stop Bloody Martyr with a single skill. You're alright Abraham. But get Samantha out of here!"

Up until she heard Richard tell Abraham to get her out of here she was all raring to help out and punch that spooky lady who wanted to hurt her master. Though now hearing it, she looked pretty shocked "Wait wha- NO I WANT TO HELP!" She says before she's suddenly scooped up and whisked off on the speeder up the mountainside. As they reached the top she would try to get off but the old man was waaay to quick thinking to let her get off, with that quick helmet on him and setting his speeder off down the other side of the mountainside she could only hang onto the handles and keep herself from crashing as she screams "YOU SUUUUUuuuuuuuuuck[/u]" On the way down.

With Abraham now able to look back down into the valley, Richard was still left with quite the problem ahead of him. Abraham would already have the gist of the situation, a very vengeful lover back from the dead over something Richard was forced to do after taking a shoddy deal from a god from the sounds of it... The galaxy sure doesn't get any less interesting no matter how much time passes. Looking back down into the valley, it looked and sounded like he was trying to smooth things over.

---

Watching the bike disappear over the cliffs to a safer distance, Richard sighed softly before he looked back to the injured knight and the spectre princess behind him. "I'm gonna have to treat that guy to a drink later after I do my fair share of screaming over all this resurfacing trauma..." He says as he grimaces over to the ghost of his ex fiance who did not look at all happy with the current situation. "Holy smi-!!" "Necropolis!"

As the words echoed across all the walls of the valley, its magic quickly became evident. The vast holy lance that was being forged overhead was quickly syphoned off thanks to the unnatural energies of the magic Richard had invoked. In the span of moments, a vast city had appeared within the valley, stretching to the very mountain boundaries that surrounded it. Its residents were eerie green clouds that tried to drag both Anastasia and Fronz beneath the warping cobblestone pavement. Within the confines of the necropolis Richard could not hide his true form as he kneeled down before the two of them as the world he had ushered in was swallowing them. "... Even if you refuse to listen to me... Even as you want me to suffer for everything I had done... I will lay you to rest my love. I mourned you. Every moment where I didn't force myself to slumber for the past 1900 years was spent mourning you, and why I couldn't have died beside you... If it was any time before now I would have gladly let you kill me. Let you satiate your hatred on me... But now I have something in my life I want to protect far more. That girl doesn't have anyone in the world but me and she accepted me when all othered thought me a monster, myself included." He says as Fronz slowly broke apart, the echo no longer being able to sustain itself while Anastasia kept struggling against the chains breaking her apart. "This isn't how I wanted to see you again... Hell. I gave up on ever seeing you again. Now that I have... I'm sorry... It may never make up for what I was forced to do but I've dedicated myself to try and make up for my sins on this world. Even if it may never be enough... So please... Just... Let go. And live a new life away from all of this... You have the chance to be reborn into a better life... Better than the one I failed to give you." He says reaching out, cupping her cheek with one hand.

Slowly, the rage and malice faded from her face as she looked up into the sad eyes of the one man she loved in life, settling down she let the chains break her apart as a soft smile formed. "... I guess there's no use now... You were always too much of a softie Richard. I hope... In the next life... We'll meet again. When you've forgiven yourself..." Her final words fade as she disappears, her soul laid to rest so she could finally pass on... The Necropolis began to recede, pulling back as the verdant grasslands and lake reappear where cobblestone and feudal style houses replaced it until nature had taken over it all again... With Richard sat down looking into the sky, looking rather drained now that his human body had returned. "Aaah... Its a good thing I can't cry. Otherwise I'd be saying it was raining..."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:49 pm
A grimace was apparent on his features. Never was he a fan of seeing scenes of tragic love. Especially when hope was forsaken. Abyssal egg, Richard you’re making a mistake! It pulled at his heartstrings to the point of forcing his hand. An orange belt materializes around his waist. Hanging from the side was a wood box engraved with images of spirals and a woman in the center. He hardly pushes himself to use this level of his soul relic. Not that the reminder hurts, he long passes that mental wall. But rather he knows that destiny must be treated with respect. To bless others with fortune must be a special act. To hand it out like candy diminishes the sanctity of it. It must mean something.

He held up her hand to his face. A tarot card shimmers to life between his fingers. Glimmering with otherworldly radiance. Holding the top of the card near his lips. A prayer in an ancient language left him. His soul’s aria. Cracks of light began to spread across the card until it began breaking apart. The fragments that fell to the earth morphed and enlarged in size. White wings beat the air as numberless doves took off into the sky. Nearly eclipsing the sun as the large flock circle above the city of the dead. He couldn't enjoy the majestic sight for long so he carried on with his blessing.

A few of the doves gracefully orbit the tragic couple. A distant, femine voice echoed from the doves. 'Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud. Love is never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand it's own way. Love is not irritable or touchy. Love does not hold grudges and will hardly notice when others do it wrong. Love is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out. If you love someone, you will be loyal to them no matter what the costs. You will always believe in them, always expect the best in them, and will always stand your ground in defending them.' It was a prayer. The words fell upon their weary souls. Reigniting the embers of their love. They would remember their love. For the bad stuff always blocks out the good. Trauma makes them forget why they loved each other. Make them forget why love is worth fighting for no matter the cost. So they have to be reminded of their love.

Love transcends time, space, and even death. As she broke away under the chains they both felt it. That spiritual connection in an abstract place. That told them that there is no reason to ‘hope’ For their reunion is a certainty. The railroad track into the future has been diverted to that promised paradise. Even when she completely vanishes. They could still sense each other. No matter the distance between them.

The doves faded along with the Necropolis. Falling a part into feathers that float to the ground. Gradually disappearing in their descent. Abraham made his way down the mountain. His Ahnenerbe faded back out of existence. Samantha would surely catch up so he went out to get to Richard. It didn’t take long for him to get up to him. Kneeling down beside him. Feather still softly raining down around the valley. “I can tell that was rough. I may not know anything about your story. Don’t know the context. But what I do know from what I’ve seen. You’re a good man Richard. Don’t lose faith in love.” Abraham's eyes were a rich violet. They radiate a sense of compassion and sensitivity. Getting up he extended a hand to him to help him to his feet.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:26 pm
The tragic couple watches as fate itself was being set in their favour when it was once dead set against them by the whims of kings and gods who had deeper aspirations at work. The kindness of a stranger he just met had set untold centuries of suffering down a path filled with an absolute hope, the hope that he would get to see her again. A chance for the both of them to get an ever after they were denied... And he could hardly believe it.

As Abraham walked over to him, Richard was on his knees with tear both fresh and stains running down his face despite the smile on his face. "This is a old feelings I haven't felt in awhile. Hah... Are you real? If I wake up and this is a dream it would be a very cruel one." He says more to himself before he brings a hand to clench the clothing over where his heart should be, holding it tight as he could feel it. An unfamiliar beating in his chest along with the assurance of her being nearby... Somewhere close on the planet's surface. "Aaah... It's real... How silly of me. Jeez... The sorcery your people have is insane. Able to undo tragedy with assurances of happiness in the future." He says as Abraham helps him to his feet while Samantha was haphazardly riding the unfamiliar speeder back into the valley.

He was thankful to this man for much more than saving Samantha but for giving him another chance. "To think I'd owe a stranger I just met the world for all he's done for me. You Ishnaran's certainly do do small miracles do you." He says as he ubs the back of his neck as he genuinely smiled to the old soldier. The first time in a long time he's smiled with ample reason beyond it besides the glimmers of hope and happiness that raising Samantha gave him. He holds out his hand to Abraham "How about we start with some drinks. The world can come later." He says as Samantha stops the speeder not far from them as she charges over and throws herself to cling to richard, a babbling mess of tears as he starts stroking her hair to calm her down.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:07 pm
A soft grin spread across his face. Feeling happy to be able to drag others of the darkness. That alone was all the reward he wanted. “I’m just an old soldier Richard. That’s what we do.” He gave a light chuckle. To commit violence on the behalf of others, to die in the dark so others can live in the light, perform selfless acts of valor. Soldiers do all these things without asking anything in return. Even when mortars fall from the heavens, even when they sleep in the trenches, even when a cosmic horror towers over them. They stand in defiance. Defy the bleak future to fight tooth and nail for a brighter dawn for those behind them.

“You owe me nothing friend.” He patted Richard's shoulder. Giving it a comforting squeeze. The sound of his speeder in the distance gave him slight relief. While he was confident in his bold action he still worried about her. “I’m not much of a drinking man. But I do enjoy a drink every now and then. Beside you got me interested in seeing Progress.” His grin widened when he saw the pair get together in a hug. Stepping away he slipped the helmet off of Samantha. Before heading to his speeder he gave Richard a look with his eyes that seemed to speak ‘If that’s not love I don’t know what is.’ Heaving himself back onto his speeder he put his helmet on. Then he just patiently sat there to let the pair have their hug session.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:44 pm
Having once been a knight of his world, and then after being a devouring protector on Angelarium for the longest time, he could certainly relate to the old soldier in one way. Still, Abraham had certainly returned a youthful side to him that he had lost long ago. He just looks down at Samantha as she starts to wipe the tears from her eyes as she smiles up to him "Hah... I guess you're right. It's been a long time since I could could call myself a soldier but I know what you mean. I guess along the way I forgot and gave in to the despair instead of trying to fight for something better."

Sammy looks up and pokes at Richard's face, getting him to blink "What are you doing." Being asked, she just snears softly as they start walking over to Abraham's speeder "Sorry, your face just looks so weird when you're genuinely smiling." Richard, who had still been smiling the entire time absentmindedly, starts to get all flustered before grumbling "Shush you."

Once Abraham mentioned Progress he got himself composed again as he smiled "It's not the most advanced of places but it's still a really nice place to live. The booze is good too." He says in reference to the drinks he mentioned owing earlier, still how could he not repay Abraham "I might be a good man but I am not one that will let something like this go without some kind of thanks. I'd feel bad if I didn't at least do something you know?" He says looking over to him.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:06 pm
He gave a silent chuckle to the pair. “Ah, if you really insist in honoring the new hand of fate I dealt you. Then show it through your actions for every day from now on to eternity. Make this new chance count.” Soul touching words aside there wasn’t anything he desired. That was not in his nature. The only thing he yearns for is his wife. And his family but mostly his wife. She was the rock in the darkest of times. An angel song in a maelstrom of chaos and war. He cherishes her so damn much. His universe was empty and she is the lone star. “Besides, I’m a stickler for love. So I tend to bust Tragedy kneecaps in when it tries to show up anyways.” He joked as he got ready to drive off. Squeezing the handle to make the speeder start moving forward.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:29 pm
Being asked to use this new chance that he had been given to do more good in the world they lived in now seemed almost trivial seeing as he was helping to make a life for many who didn't want to be under the rule of other empires. Still, he could stand to do more... Improving the lives of those under his care within Progress came first. Though for now he had to increase how things were manages along with getting more resources... <This is becoming more and more like I'm really trying to make my town into its own empire...> He thought to himself.

Hearing how Abraham was such a stickler for love and that, Rich could hardly believe that he was real. Then again he had long since learned to set aside the logic in the laws of the universe when dealing with Amziels and Ishnarans. It made Lich's and over being defying the natural law seem normal in comparison. "Well you certainly busted more than afew kneecaps back there. I'm sure you just got an enemy or two helping the both of us have this chance at happiness. I'd offer to say I'd help bust their kneecaps with you if they every give you trouble but from what I've seen of you already you won't need me to help you out."

---

The trip back into town didn't take terrible long, Rich took some time to give a brief rundown of his situation and how Progress formed as a town around his castle lair he had made for himself and Sammy so he could teach her in peace.

As they got closer to the town Abraham would see a large wooden peremtre made of logs though it looks like some construction work had begun to forge a sort of stone wall, from the looks of it they made it with progression in mind, space to build and develop outside the walls. Pretty primitive but still pretty good, with some roads leading out and to several distant mines from the looks of it. There was a civilian militia working alongside shadows, like the one he summoned before in the valley.

The militia happily welcomed them all back as they opened the large wooden gates that lead into the towns interior, lots of wooden houses with some stone ones like the warehouses, smithies and even the beginnings of a kind of industrial research building.

"We're a small community, only about 1000 or so people right now, alot of the people here were either fighters or civilian sector workers back before the world changed. Since most of them were fighters I've had to do workarounds like hunters, trainers, militia and scouts... More people are hearing about this place and want a life away from the empires, so alot of people are gonna come at some point. So I'm trying to get as many people as I can into helping recover tech or reinvent it so we can do better, cause up until now I've been trying my best to fill in every gap of knowledge they have with magic. It's worked so far but I have no idea for how long that will last." He says rubbing the back of his neck with a sign.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:32 pm
He let out a brisk chuckle. “I have wrangled my fair share of higher powers back in the day. So you’re not wrong, I’ll be fine.” He assures Richard. Not wishing for him to worry about his safety too much. With everything settled he drove off with his undead guide. Along the way he reflected on what had occured in the last hour. It was quite a turn of events in what was supposed to be a day to relax. He had been going through his instincts that he didn’t really have time to process the influx of information. Rolling with whatever comes his way was something he had to learn back when he was even a young boy. Micromanaging time between ten sisters was not an easy endeavor. Let alone taking other variables into account. Most days he was very much overworked. Many would see issues with that but he didn’t mind all that much.

The nature of Richard was something he had disregarded in the moment. It didn’t matter what manner of being he was. His definition of ‘normal’ had been long eschewed. Not to mention his own experiences with deathless beings in the past. In conclusion he was not bothered by Richard’s state of undeath all that much. But it’ll still be something that he’ll take note of in his report back to base. A course of action he has to do anyways considering his fellow peers would have sensed the activation of his soul relic and would be rather interested in knowing what had pushed him to utilizing it.

Abraham was walking when they got to the wooden gate. Dragging his bike alongside him as they made their way inside. Kelly green eyes swept around the surrounding buildings. The atmosphere was fairly relaxing to the hybrid. “Fascinating.” He let the word escape him. The civilizations that he typically dealt with were so advanced that the last time he ever saw anything similar to this level of development was back when he was living in his world of birth. It was cool to actually see civilization in action during its earliest stages. “Quite the cozy settlement. It has potential to be something great. But as a friendly criquet I do want to note to be careful with the heavy use of magic. Like with anything in life, don’t overly rely on one source for too long.” Thankfully it did seem that Richard understood that aspect. “For something that had popped up only recently it’s doing well. Not the best but for what it is I would be proud of it if I didn’t have enough resources to work with.”
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:37 pm
Being an only child, the only son to a Paladin of the faith of his world and the treasurer to the crown of his former country, Richard wouldn't know what that would be like to devote one's everything to their siblings and family. He did devote himself to his parents teachings but that was hardly the same thing. In life, he lived close to the crown, something of a noble thanks to his family working closely with both the crown and the Church... Both of which conspired to have him silenced as he and the crown princess grew closer as they grew up. The King had plans to use his daughter to strengthen relations with a foreign power on on their continent. While the church wanted to silence him due to his father being rather outspoken against some of the more... Shady practices of the church as they impoverished their worshipers to keep themselves in a state of constant wealth... In these ways, looking at it the God of trickery who had Richard wipe out both the country and the faith his father served ended up doing good at the expense of the two lovers.

Being in his position as a lone child he was awkward when trying to be a good father to Sammy, but getting better at it, he had never been in a position where he had to take care of someone younger than him. Though he got plenty of opportunity to as he waged his crusade alongside his many shadows across the blighted surface of old Angelarium. It showed that he had little experience but with this new life that lived only for war and bloodshed for so long, he could get to learning what it means to truly live... In that way he was very much like the natives of this world, far more a resident of it then any of the newcomer empires that new staked their claims on soils they desired.

Still, Richard continued to show Abraham around as the residents smiled and waved in their direction as they passed, several of which called to Richard by name and him in kind before he continued speaking to Abraham "I suppose it is quaint, though I suppose you're right. There is great potential here, but that's what worries me. We're cozy now, but what about 5 or 10 years from now. We'll become a target, and with Anubite's starting to gain more and more traction here this planet will be one of theirs soon... And with someone who rejected death like me ruling a budding empire on their doorstep they may not take kindly to me doing that... So in that time I'm gonna have to use every trick I know in order to prove myself someone worth maintaining until I can get myself a flesh and blood body instead of a guise that won't fool life detection magic." He says as he looks around to the budding beginnings he helped create as he smiles back to Abraham.

"Though I have plans already in motion to help me stall my death by jackals. I'm already having my scouts find new mineral and gem deposits, align with any other natural commodities we can start trading for such as Salt, raw stone, metals and crystals that they'll need for their fancy starships and technology, though a majority of that will be going to Iammelon. At the same time I am putting up multiple hunting parties find good places to score game, and expanding our patrols around here and starting up new farmland so we can start trading our excess food to the Solar Empire, seeing as I got word that they are trying to secure rations and food for an influx of a new generation of kids in a number of months. If I can get my hand in their business and make myself an asset worth being independent. Then they'll leave me be. For a time." He says looking over to Abraham with a smirk on his face. "Think that would work?"

Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:23 pm
“Ah, don’t get me wrong. Securing the future is not a bad thing to do. But there’s a common trap with civilizations focusing too much on future scenarios Prioritizing contingency plans for what if scenarios.” Abraham points out. The overall roadmap was not bad per say. But he has concern that Richard’s paranoia may bring more trouble in the long term. “5 to 10 years is a very long time when you live it. I say that is plenty of time for you to solve your concern.” People tend to underestimate how long time truly is. Especially when they run on a biological clock. “It’s always important to balance micromanagement with macromanagement.” He concluded his point before moving on. “One thing I want to bring up is don’t be overly cautious of other nations. Nothing good comes out when you treat your neighbors as if they’re a threat. It creates a domino effect that leads to issues for both parties.”

“Beside that. You have a good plan. Mm at this point I should bring up that I’m an ambassador for Ishnar. While I can’t promise you anything don’t be afraid to hit me up requests or deals. We’re a social bunch.” The United Federation of Travelers were the first to come to mind when he thought of anyone who would bother interacting with very young civilizations. Especially at this development stage. One other thing he thought of are the mystic societies. While reclusive he knows some people who would be remotely interested in giving the undead a figurative bone.
Lost_Psion
Lost_Psion

Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:38 pm
Hearing him say that he might be preparing too much for all of this, Richard had to admit that Abraham might have a point that's he's preparing too far into the future. And that being constantly prepared for betrayal or being attacked by the other nations was not a healthy way to live... Old habits die hard in these cases as he's lived like this for a very long time. A complete opposition to how Abraham has been living a more... Fulfilling life, one certainly filled with similar threats in his day to day but one where he had reasons to fight and live the next day. Up until Sammy came into his life and Abraham gave him and Anastasia a second chance he really didn't have such reasons to not prepare so far into the future.

It would have to something he worked on, seeing as now he had more than an ample chance to work on himself seeing as that is what Abraham wanted from him as a reward for what he did. "I can get what you're saying... I'm not overly cautious of the Athailian's. They have a more.... Accepting nature to them. I'm more just wary of the Iammelon's because of the growing Anubite presence on the planet, don't get me wrong I don't see them in a bad light or anything but they aren't super friendly to any undead that aren't their ancestors. So on my part there has to be some sort of planning involved to make sure I don't get myself noticed by them in any negative ways, hell if I can I'd like to be on good terms with them seeing as they know more about the plant then I do at this point with their access to all the ruins and that Necropolis they found awhile back which I would love to poke around in" Voicing his opinion on the matter he ntwined his finger behind his head, clasping them in the relaxed manor as they all continued to walk around the streets of Progress.

The three of them would stop outside of an Inn without a name, thought it had a placeholder sign with a skeleton drinking hanging over the main door. The Inn itself was a large structure, big wooden building thats 5 stories tall with a chimney near the back. There were some tables and chairs set up outside with umbrella to block out the sun for those at the tables. "Wanna go and get that drink? I can say the wine is pretty nice despite using magic to cheat the aging process."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum