Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 pm
The Anubite spirit didn't seem too concerned with Heulyn's pressing thus far, and so didn't think he was being challenged. Made things easier for Heulyn, as he was not suspicious. Regardless, Renesab nodded his head, "I suppose the rest of the tale has to do with the aftermath. The assassin was a Zantine Human from the world of Avalantus, that city world they had under their dominion. Their name was Alfoia Pagais. They were rather proficient in the art of stealth, and wanted to kill the High Lord with a swift and deadly melee assault! Rather hopeful, given that a High Lord is far from an easy target at any range. Still, overconfident. Skilled in stealth, but you need more than that to kill a powerful mystic. All the same, it's never worth the risk in case they get lucky, and so I did what I had to do. I interrogated Alfoia myself, to get the information from them, learning a few important things. Firstly was who sent them, which was a Zantine Noble Family seeking to get a leg up in their own Empire's politics. Or at least, that's what the Assassin said it was from, I can't verify the truthfulness... Eh, it generally worked out."

"The other important thing was who the traitor was. My Second-In-Command's brother, quite sadly. He was somebody I had known since childhood, actually, as well as the High Lord. His name was Narsos, and he was a scribe, since he wasn't the warrior type like his brother. Why he went to the Zantines and helped their assassin, I'll never know, as I never got him to say in the interrogation. Before you do ask, he wasn't involved with the Suerankhs either, nothing to do with that Great Lord. I executed both Alfoia and Narsos myself, privately in their cells. They didn't want public executions, and I was fine with accepting that wish. Helped their souls pass along as well."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 8 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:06 pm
“That was honorable of you.” She commented in respect to his decision. Despite one's sin it always felt wrong to publicly execute them. They all deserve the same dignity even in death. With the story told she gave a nod. “It’s a heroic story. I can see how having contact with spirits like yourself have ushered such a great history for the Anubite Empire. To have knowledge and wisdom of the past to not repeat it mistakes is invaluable.” But there’s the risk of becoming stuck in the old ways. Heulyn was not going to say that part. Mostly out of awareness to cultural differences. “Thank you for taking the time to tell us about it. Do you wish to talk some more? I feel it’s improper to rouse you up just to only talk about a famous story.” It felt wrong to have gone all this way to bother an old spirit for a few minutes.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:55 pm
Sethus was a bit more apprehensive, as he had personally noted an issue in that last bit of the tale. But whatever he noticed, he did not say, instead simply giving a nod at the tale's conclusion. Renesab meanwhile smiled at Heulyn, giving a chuckle, "Not improper at all! You'll find that rousing a spirit just to make them tell a story is a very important part of a Spirit Mystic's duty. If you're apprenticing for such, then you'll have to get used to listening to such! Still, good to see that you're giving respect. That's another important part of the role, one that most younglings take a while to really grasp. But as you politely asked, a little more conservation before returning to my slumber would be nice. Which does make me wish to bring up something of interest. You are not exactly a normal individual, are you Heulyn? It is hard to hide one's spiritual reality from a spirit, and your soul is certainly not a normal one! I can feel more to you than meets the eyes, and I feel some little connections coming from you as well. Is your soul sustaining another? Or have you already gotten a spirit latched to your soul? Either case would certainly explain why Sethus took you on as an apprentice."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:35 pm
Heulyn gave an affirming gesture. “That’s correct. As a whole I suppose I can be regarded as a Summoner in terms of magic I’m proficient in.” It was somewhat inaccurate to classify her as a pure summoner. She likes to view herself as a decent mage that have a basic understanding with it concepts. “Those I conjure are spirits. Something which the High-Lord took interest in when he first learned of me. Then eventually taking me in as his apprentice.” The exact details weren’t important for him to know. “The connections you sense is the bond between me and the spirit I call upon. Speaking of bonds,” She started to smoothly steer the conversation. “I’ve heard you have good relations with Menthrais correct?”

Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:18 am
High Lord Sethus nodded in affirmation, "Indeed, that existing status as a summoner played into why I was willing to take her on as an apprentice myself. She has a good grasp on concepts similar or in the range of Anubite Spirit Channeling, and so I believe can be effectively taught to adapt that knowledge in our own style. I've met the spirit she has called upon. An interesting individual, so to say... But a clear demonstration of her abilities."

Renesab smiled, clapping his hands, "Quite fascinating! I suppose then I'll just have to ask you to keep me in the loop on your training, eh? It sounds like it will be quite the tale in coming times. But let's move on! You are very correct I have a close bond with High Lord Menthrais. We have been friends since early childhood! We have similar appearances, almost like twins some have claimed! Felt like destiny that we met and got along so well. Because of that friendship I had an easier life, and once I made achievements worthy of it, my friend did not hesitate to use his power to make me officially a noble! All the same, while I am thankful for what he has done for my prestige and career, I do value above all our close friendship. It was quite nice of the heir to the Empire to make a bond with the mere child of a palace guard, not even a noble one at that."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:29 pm
“I’ll keep it in mind!” It did feel that her training may lead to interesting things in the future. But for the here and now she’s still learning. With that she mind she listens to Renesab as he goes over his bond with the former High Lord. As much there may be dubious things laying in the shadows. It’s still a nice story to hear. “It’s a beautiful friendship.” It was something that she can’t do anything but admit to that. Even with all her knowledge and strengths. Her only real talent is her ability to gain the respect, friendship and loyalty of practically anyone on her side. She’s not outstanding anywhere else, so she can't do anything on her own, but she's the person that brings together the people that can do something. And it was this bond that made her think if it’s the source of this secret. Connections can transcend many things from death to even laws.

Finding herself with nothing more to say she look over to Sethus. “Do you wish to join the conversation?” She politely asked Sethus. Using the moment to pass the lead to him. Given he would have a better grasp of Anubite history than she. So it would be a good opportunity to watch him.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:46 pm
The spirit nodded his head, giving a smile, "It really was quite the friendship. It still holds, even if the two of us don't meet too often. Our spirits handle different roles, but we keep up conversation. It is always good to speak with friends after all, and the two of us still have much to talk of. Does take a fair bit of time to go visit his little obelisk in the park however!" Renesab chuckled, though then also turned his eyes to Sethus as the conversation was passed to him.

Sethus meanwhile gave a small smile at Heulyn throwing him the metaphorical torch, and he did nod, "I suppose I should, would be rude to stay silent! And it allows me to ask a question. Lord Renesab, are you aware of the current head of your family? His name is Nerotep Yuya, and I can quite tell that he is your descendant. Strong, spiritually powerful, and very capable. I would be very pleased to have him as a friend, as from what I know of him he is a good person at his heart. But there is a problem, and I am hoping you could help me with it. You see, Lord Nerotep also has a rather disturbing claim. He claims to in fact be a Rwim, and thus the rightful claimant to the position of High Lord, stressing that my family are in fact false Rwims. He marks this claim apparently from speaking with the spirit of one of your Grandsons. This is a very bad situation, given that your family has quite the martial capability in its own right, and the Anubite Empire is also currently locked into a conflict with the Eastern portion of the Iammelonian Nebula. I was hoping you may be able to tell me the basis of this strange claim and asked if you could perhaps persuade your scion to give it up for the sake of the Empire's stability."

That broke Renesab's calm demeanor, which suddenly grew very dour. He seemed a mixture of angry, disappointed, and worried. The spirit's arms crossed, looking down at the ground with his eyes closed, "Being a High Lord? A Rwim? What in the Judge's name is that fool doing, he'll mess it up..." He sighed, looking up to Sethus and nodding, "I will put out a call to speak with this Nerotep, and I will see about getting him to drop such a nonsensical claim. As for my Grandson, I know which one you speak of. I was hoping Sucali's madness would abate with age and death, but it seems he has not improved. I'll see to that as well. Perhaps it is best for him to pass into the Judge's hands now."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:57 pm
That was it? That’s the foundation of the claim? The words of a singular old ancestor? From what she had learned so far regarding Nerotep such a weak claim does not fit his capabilities. It simply does not add up. All of this reeks of foul play. Renesab comment on Nerotep messing it up is also something to scrutinize but she knows that she is not in a good position to press on that. Hearing about him referring to his own grandson in such a manner was also disheartening. It was not the first time she witness such poor familial relations and certainly won’t be the last, she even lived one. Despite that she still possess empathy of what could have been. She wish she could speak to the grandson. He seems to play a role in this so she has a hunch that Renesab may be doing it to silence him.

Heulyn continues to watch the conversation. Not having anything to add. Perhaps she could reach the grandson before anyone else does? She may try asking Sethus about it. Not wanting to resort to acting on her own so soon. Let alone the sheer risks involved in doing so. Intrigue aside she still have other things to pay attention to. Therapy, study, and tending to her numerous roommates. Thinking of roommates she remembered that Mildir and Almas were with them. But does not remember them coming into the place with them. She began looking around for them. Concern that they might have wander off and gotten into trouble. “Pardon me but I need to excuse myself real quick. I need to check on our animal companions that we came here with.” Sighed Heulyn as she hopes that they are behaving well somewhere. Not getting up just yet for she’s waiting for Sethus response.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:18 pm
Sethus nodded to the Ancestor, though he wasn't as disappointed as Heulyn. He actually spoke rather quietly under his breath, which the ancestor didn't hear, "Sucali, there's the name..." He then spoke up, "Thank you Lord Renesab, for handling it. I would ask you do not speak so harshly of your grandson, but I will not push my opinion upon your family any further. Though yes, we must depart. Heulyn is right in that we came here with a few animal companions who did not join us, with one of them being Mildir, so I believe you can understand why we need to go quickly find him. Goodbye for now, Great Lord Yuya, may we speak again soon." He stood up and performed a small formal bow, before turning to leave.

Lord Renesab smiled and laughed, "Oh goodness, Mildir is here again! Yes, go check up on him quickly now, he's a rascal. Goodbye High Lord, I wish you luck in your war and in assuring your throne. And goodbye to you as well, Apprentice Heulyn. I will look forward to receiving updates about your progress." He waved goodbye before his spirit faded out of view. The chairs he had conjured up soon followed, dissipating into mist, leaving the tomb once more entirely empty of furniture. Regardless, Sethus had moved quickly to get outside, looking around a bit to try and locate the animals. His attention quickly however snapped to a disturbance to the left, from which yelling was coming.

A bit of distance from the Great Lord's Tomb was a large shop of sorts. It seemed to be a simple restaurant, though right now there was quite a bit of commotion. Guards were rushing towards it, though oddly they were dropping their weapons too as they ran over to the disturbance. Almas was near the store front, patiently laying down on the ground and watching the show. When one got closer to the store and looked through the windows, inside was Mildir. The guards and the shop owners were pushing and pulling the Stag, attempting to get him out the door, but struggling to defeat the Ancient Stag's strength. He was rather indomitable when he wanted to be, and he seemed rather intent on getting to the back of the shop. The reason for why was revealed when one looked upon the shop's name, "Amulfira's Bites", the words of which were engraved into a picture.  The picture was some large meaty sandwich, proudly covered in a heavy layer of what seemed to be butter, and they were advertising their famous "Buttery Malcoasi Sandwich". Mildir clearly wished to inspect the goods of the store, though as expected he wasn't the sort to care about paying.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:58 pm
She gave a smile to the ancient spirit as she got up from the seat. Seeing him retreat back to his slumber she turn to head outside. Not as swift as Sethus for she has faith that Mildir is not in too much trouble. However that will only result in slight disappointment when she sees the commotion. Seeing the large stag in the window of a restaurant with Almas nearby looking rather entertained at the whole situation. It’s to be noted that she was not disappointed in Mildir oh no. Instead she was disappointed for the store owners to treat him that way. Surely it was not that difficult to handle an animal with simple tastes. Her maternal instincts kicked in at that moment. “I’ll get Mildir!” She notifies Sethus as she makes her way inside.

Stepping inside she maneuver around the tables to get to the stag, some of which have been bumped over to Mildir’s bulky form. “Everyone stop! Step away from him!” Her past worries, doubts, fear, none of it mattered at this moment. For the first time in weeks she felt brave no, prepared to be assertive to complete strangers. As evident in how she raised her voice over the others to attract their attention. Getting to the stag her stern expression only lasted a second before melting back to her usual kind demeanor. Reaching up to cup the stag cheeks to prompt him to look at her face. “Mildir, they didn’t mistreat you did they? You poor thing, I’m sorry I left you alone.” Her voice was sweet. Tenderly rubbing his cheek with a hand. “You never mean any wrong. They just don’t understand you. Poor thing, how about we give you a bubble bath when we return to the room? They restocked your favorite soap brand in the bathroom!” She doted on the stag with no regard to the owners standing nearby. Her focus is primarily set on Mildir after all so she assumes that Sethus can deal with them. “Come along. Let's get you out of here. They don’t deserve your patronage.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:34 pm
The shopowners and the guards who were supporting them were rather surprised when somebody suddenly burst into the store like that. That surprise, combined with her voice being assertive and so raised, did actually get them to step back for a moment from Mildir as they looked to the new arrival in confusion. That surprise however just mounted with how Heulyn then started showering the Stag in affection, with the shop owners starting to grow angry. Mildir, for his part, did pause his advance and happily received the doting. His aura was very distinct however, for while he was a Stag and thus could not display emotions in the same way as many species could, the look in his eyes when he looked to the storeowners was undeniably consumed by smug energy, looking at them with complete confidence. The storeowner was about to speak up, but that's when he noticed the next person to step into the shop, that being Sethus. Nobody was foolish enough to speak, as the High Lord was very much not amused by the scene in front of him. He gave Heulyn a small wave, gesturing for her to lead Mildir out of the shop and on the path back home. The Stag, for all his usual stubbornness, would actually follow her out, though not without giving another look of overwhelming smug at the shopowner on the way out, wiggling his ears a bit to make the word 'victory'. Sethus sighed as he looked around, "Clean this place up. Next time, simply get him out with treats, it's not hard if you spend a moment to think. Don't resort to force so quickly, I expect more. And you soldiers should return to your posts." Continuing his glare for a moment, the High Lord then turned to leave, his point made.

Outside, Almas was patiently waiting for them. She had enjoyed the little show, but now she knew it was time to go. Getting up with a stretch, she joined them as they started to walk. The High Lord looked to Heulyn and Mildir and chuckled, "You are quite fond of the stag, aren't you Heulyn? Seems have to drawn quite the response from you there. Of course, that was quite the wrong response from those within the shop, so I can see why. Although perhaps you shouldn't be as proud of that as you are, Mildir." The Stag looked to the High Lord and simply shook his head, and then looked forward. He was going to bask in this victory, and none could stop him. The High Lord sighed, but had a small smile, "Same Stag as ever. Well, all the same it is quite good you get along with him so well, Heulyn. Likely will help him stay out of any real trouble, and it seems to be positive for both of you, a nice mutually positive influence."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:04 pm
She gave Sethus a smile in response after leading the stag out of the restaurant. For he was correct to assume that she has a bond with the stag. Her maternal side developed back in CSO when she starts to contract with childlike Servants. Whether they were actual children did not matter. For she came to be a nurturing Master towards them. Add in interactions with animals in general it came as no surprise for her to develop such a relationship with Mildir so quickly. “Hehehe, I suppose I do.” With that said she glance over to Almas. Going over to her to give her scratches behind the ear. “”And you behaved well didn’t you? Good girl gets treats. I’ll be sure to give you a treat when we return home.”

She looks back to Sethus and gave a smile in agreement. It did not fail to be apparent to her that Mildir was a positive force in her life. “That he is.” Her eyes lit up with a question. “Hey, do you want to come back to the room with us? Or are you busy?” She doesn’t want to distract Sethus from his duties. For she knows that he is a very busy Anubite. It’s simply a matter of going over what it means to be an apprentice and how it will affect her schedule. Because she has been showing ‘acceptable’ progress with her therapy they told her it would be another three weeks before they consider shortening the frequency of the mandatory therapy sessions. Giving her more time to do other stuff that does not involve taking care of her animals.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:13 am
Almas appreciated the scratching,  but she also recognized the words. Or at least she certainly recognized the word "treat", as that got the feline to light up and seem more excited. She started to move a bit faster now, clearly intent on getting home and getting those treats. Mildir also looked over, as he recognized the words too. Hungry animals, as always. Sethus meanwhile smiled and nodded, "I can come back this time, as we have to work out the specifics of this apprenticeship. In addition, there are a few things I have to simply think on, and it's a good idea to talk with you about them. Lord Renesab said some interesting things back there, which we should go over when compared with some information I already know. But the apprenticeship needs to be spoken of first! We both need to arrange a good schedule, balancing my duties with your own time. Speaking of which, I'll also have to work out just how much you already know, and what gaps you have in your knowledge."

The walk back was generally uneventful, simply going back through the Linear City to Tarset's Palace. But when they got close, they would bump into Lady Lord Tarset, who was also on her way back from some duties of her own. They met up as they were entering the complex's gates, with Tarset smiling and waving to them all, "Oh hello Lord Sethus! Hi Heulyn! And Mildir and Almas too! Were you all going out for a walk?" Tarset came and gave Almas a big hug, which the Feline happily accepted, even deciding to try and return the hug with her own paws. Although she wasn't too great at it, so her feline hug was a little awkward, but at least she was trying.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:42 pm
Yes, there was a lot to go over. That much was known to her. In a way it was nostalgic. Having always been someone who had to spend time planning and strategizing. To bring together polarizing nature in a way that would've been impossible if she were any other person. She’s a mirror that reflects all which they could be.

Suppressing a sigh she walk the way back with the group. Thoughts clutter her mind like pages carelessly thrown on a table. The nonsensical line of fleeting memories fade away when she hears the voice of Tarset.

“Hi Tarset.” She returned with a smile of her own. Watching the big feline be drawn into a hug by her owner. “They both dragged me off to the park. It was a good time.” She remarks simply. Not having anything else to add to it. Well, there is but she can be an indifferent magi at times.

“Why don’t you and Sethus catch up? I promised Mildir a bath so it’s best I do that right away.” The stag was not the sort to be patient after all. With that said she led Mildir inside towards the location of the bathroom.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:27 pm
Tarset smiled and nodded to Heulyn, "Very well, good luck with that! I do need to talk with the High Lord about a few things, some updates and such. Anyways, have a good bath! I'll handle feeding Almas while you do that!" She waved the Amziel goodbye, and kept the big feline with her. Almas didn't mind, since she was going to get treats either way. And, being a large cat, Almas also wasn't exactly too fond of water and did not envy Mildir right now because of it.

Sethus nodded to Heulyn as well as she spoke, "Go ahead and do so then, Heulyn. I'll speak with Tarset, and we can talk of things we need to later. Oh, and I suppose I should tell you that Heulyn is my apprentice now, Tarset. So I may be coming over to visit a bit more often from here on in." That of course surprised the Lady Lord, who had her own questions, but they let Heulyn go.

As for the bathroom, Mildir followed Heulyn along towards them. He started to waggle his ears, "I do enjoy Bubble Baths. I would prefer a Butter Bath, but I do not believe those exist. Yet. It will come in good time." With that foreboding bit of waggling, they would arrive at the bathroom. It had been cleaned up from the last time the animals were in there, and was ready for use.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:51 pm
Heulyn simply gave him a chuckle at his dream. Knowing him it may very well be a real possibility but not today. Just a plain bubble bath. Stepping inside the bathroom they would remain in their for a good hour. The first half was just for cleaning his coat followed by drying it out for the latter half. Wet fur is very much a slow endeavor to dry. Once that is all done she spent some time tidying up the bathroom before calling it a day. Mildir was nice and clean and that’s what mattered. Exiting the bathroom they head back to their room where she would reward the stag with a plate of butter.

Leaving him to his devices she went over to the table that was situated at the center of the room to take a seat at it. Having gotten into fresh clothes when they left the bathroom given she got quite dirty cleaning Mildir. Consisting of plain, white leggings and a long-sleeved shirt. Her somewhat damp red hair was tied back in a loose ponytail. She was very much not the typical woman to be too concern of her fashion choice. Or as ironic it may be, cleanliness. If she had her way the room would be mistaken as if a bomb went off. Alas such is an impossibility when she shares it with numerous other roommates. Groomness aside she took a glance around the room to see if anyone is here waiting for her.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:19 pm
Mildir was not difficult to bathe once he was finally moved into position, as from there the Stag remained calm and still as his fur was washed. Unlike Almas, who hated water, Mildir was completely fine with getting a little wet. It was however, as Heulyn knew by now, quite the lengthy endeavor. Not only was it down to his wet fur, but Mildir's size meant there was a lot of fur, and his fur was a bit special. It was tougher than usual fur, likely due to being infused with magic for countless years. Very useful for protection, but also made it harder to scrub. And due to still having the property of fur, it still took long to dry. But, when all was said and done, Mildir's coat was fully done, and the Stag gave a nod of satisfaction as he looked in the mirror. He was more pleased when he got to the room and the butter was waiting for him. Truly a great feast.

With the cleaning having taken the hour it did, Sethus and Tarset had long since finished their catching up talk. While the Lady Lord attended to some duties she had within the palace, the High Lord decided to go and wait for Heulyn to finish up. He had been waiting in her room for a fair while now, and was simply reading a book titled Desmondian Hawk Riders, which was a large book describing the tales of some famous warriors from the Iammelonian world of Itaic, whose history Sethus was brushing up on. When Heulyn finally arrived, he looked up from his reading and nodded. He put the book away in a small satchel, and then stood up to speak, "Well, Mildir appears to be quite clean. Seems he got more dirty at the park than I expected, though I suppose that much fur means you can pick up a lot of dirt. Regardless, I suppose we are now in a mostly private spot, so I can tell you some things." Mostly, due to fact Mildir was in the room, munching on his butter, though he wasn't exactly the most disturbing presence.

"Now then, I've worked out an idea of how I will handle this apprenticeship. I will come and visit 4 days every week, coming in the late afternoon so as to not interrupt any of your therapy sessions. In those visits I will teach you more about Anubite Spirit Channeling as well as some other topics, such as some more general magic as well as anything you might personally be interested in learning. One of the first things we'll have to do is get you something to focus with. Most Anubites, including myself, use specially crafted and enchanted staves, built to channel our spirit's powers in the material realm. I'll show you the exact process of the staff when the time comes, although it doesn't have to be a staff."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:53 pm
“Heh, that it does.” She remarks to the amount of dirt that Mildir collects. Typically Stags don’t get as dirty in their natural environment. Their coat is suited to protect them from the cold winds and rain. Not the arid, sands of a dune world. You would rarely find any animal in a hot ecosystem with a heavy coat of fur. There’s the Camel and they’re specially adapted to the life in the desert. From their eyes having three eyelids and two rows of eyelashes that prevent sand to enter their eyes. To the fatty humps on their backs. Unfortunate for Mildir he lacks any of that. Leaving Heulyn to wonder bleakly of how Mildir survived for five thousand years on this world. Ah she should not give it too much thought anyway. Mildir was happy now and that’s what matters.

She listens to what Sethus have in mind so far. Her amber eyes lit up in interest in crafting a mystical item to channel mystery through it. There is a concept similar to it known as Mystic Codes. A supportive item that a magus carries as a magical artifact. There are two general types of Mystic Codes. Amplifier Mystic Code is the first type and functions as an amplifier for Magecraft. They are an orthodox Mystic Code for support, that can be used for magical energy amplification or storage, prepared to strengthen a spell. The Specialised Mystic Code is the other type that have a predetermined usage. They are activated with the magus's magical energy and can perform a given mystery as long as it is supplied with energy. It becomes a spell in itself; many of the Noble Phantasms of Servants are usually of this type. Their usage is unique, so they aren't really generic, but this also means they can be tremendously efficient in what they do.

She only ever made one Mystic Code before. Back when she was learning at the feet of legends. She had her own theories about it. But now it’s forever lost in obscurity. Having left it behind somewhere in CSO for safe keeping. Pushing aside her bitter nostalgia she gave a nod to Sethus. “Crafting an item sounds good to me. I have some experience when it comes to crafting.” It was not groundbreaking experience but it was enough to be passable. “That said, I have no issue with the schedule.” It’s not like she is an active person after all. There’s only so much you can do when you spend most of the days in bed and interacting with the animals. “But anything I might be interested in huh. Hmm I’ll have to sleep on that one.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:38 am
Mildir certainly was a strange creature, and one out of his natural environment. He was from another world, Freeforest, which was far more suited to him, and he was brought here to be in a zoo which would also be suited to him. But Mildir had of course escaped, and ended up interrupting a ritual to make him his current immortal self. He had survived his many years by mostly avoiding the real desert, and just staying within the green parks across the planet. Of course, that still meant that he easily got dirty, as he was out of his element regardless of magic.

Sethus meanwhile smiled, "Ah, you have some prior experience? That should help speed up the process, but I will teach you regardless. For if you have crafted items, I do still doubt you have worked with Anubite Spirit Stones before. These." He pointed to a few small glowing gemstones that seemed engraved into his staff. They were all orb shaped, which seems to have been carefully done to a very precise point. Each of them had a slightly different color to it, being different hues of blue, green, and red. If one looked carefully, they were slightly transparent, and within each stone was what looked like a small batch of swirling mist, which was presumably the spirit part of the stone. Sethus spoke up again to explain, "Each of these Spirit Stones has the capacity to hold a soul within it, acting as a sort of anchor. Within rests dormant spirits, anchored to our plain by the latent energy of the stone. This is how we Anubites store Spirits, so to say. In truth, it's good for any who we need to keep on our plain, or wish to stay attached to it. With their souls anchored, the potential to simply drift away into the realm beyond is quite low. Not all spirits are strong enough on their own to hold tight to our plain after all, and if they wish to stay they need some help. But even for those more powerful spirits, this allows them to be transported without expending any energy on their part. For your servants, as you call them, this would likely be a way for both you and them to conserve mana while still allowing them to remain linked to you. Quite helpful."

He span his staff around, nodding again, "Even for me. The stones are specially connected to the staff as well, making its role easier. But I'll save that for later. For now, if all is well, then perhaps I should let you sleep! I have some comments on our discussions with Renesab, but those can wait. Not to mention my thoughts on that are incomplete, as there is one more spirit to visit. That will also likely factor into our next session, which I think I will schedule for tomorrow, if that is fine. Enough of that however, I should probably allow you to sleep. The stag certainly wishes for it." The High Lord gestured over towards Heulyn's bed, in which Mildir was settling into. As usual, he went straight for the center of the bed, completely ignorant to the fact that he was taking up quite a bit of room thanks to his size and strategic positioning.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:16 am
Heulyn found the idea of Spirit Stones interesting and in a way similar to Saint Graphs. Saint Graphs are the ‘foundation’ of every Servant she summoned in CSO. It could be regarded as a ‘template’ of sorts. Using Saint Graphs is how she can strengthen the quality of a servant shard, how she summon their ‘shadows’ in combat and why they don't die when killed in battle, since she can just resummon them from the stored Saint Graph. On the flip side, she needs to protect the Saint Graphs from being destroyed, because if they are, then the Servant dies and disappears for real. To picture it, Saint Graphs is the cup and Heroic Spirits are the liquid. There was quite a few more stuff revolving it so Heulyn has a few options of incorporating it to Spirit Stones. She’ll have to think about it as well. “Those do sound helpful.” Mana conservation is something she needs, now that her magic is more potent as a result of her Soul Reloc and something unrelated years ago.

Seeing Mildir taking his spot in the bed she gave a sigh with a small smile on her face. “Yeah, I should get some rest.” Even if she had been resting a lot. She’ll never take it for granted. “Before you go Sethus. I…” it was something she wanted no, tried to say for a good while but never took that next step to initiate it. “Thank you. For everything.” At the end that was all that needed to be said. Waving the High Lord a goodnight she would shut everything down for the night before finally going to over to their bed. It would appear that having blankets is a lost cause again tonight so she opt to simply lay against Mildir side. “Goodnight, Mildir.” Closing her eyes she let herself be swept away in her own memories of distant past. Back to those sun-bleached days of summer sand and azure waves. Vaguely recalling that faint smell of barbecue. Submerging in the tranquility of her past she drifted off to a deep sleep.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:31 am
Sethus smiled at the small set of words. Being thanked was always quite nice, and the High Lord needed those words more than usual. His role was not one where he was often thanked for his hard work. He didn't mind, he was long since used to it and was happy enough he was helping other people. But when he did get thanked, it felt very nice. He nodded to Heulyn, "You are quite welcome. Now, sleep well. I shall see you again tomorrow." He then left the room, presumably walking off to return to his own residence for the night. Mildir meanwhile gave a wiggle of the ears as Heulyn got in, his own little way of saying goodnight, before dozing off quickly. The stag did not take much to go to sleep. Thankfully, his fur was very fluffy, and he made a good sleeping companion.

When the morning came, Heulyn would be awoken by a paw on her face. It was Almas, who had just arrived and was attempting to prod Heulyn into being awake, for her own reasons of wanting treats and Tarset still being asleep. But while the Feline commenced this awakening, Heulyn would see that a note had been left in her room. It was hand-written with good handwriting, "Heulyn, when you wake up, I would like to get in one extra meeting for today in the morning. I would prefer to wait for the normal time as we scheduled before, but this particular affair is time sensitive. We're going to craft something, and then we're going to visit somebody. I will explain more in-person, but come to the same park as before when you are ready." At the bottom, it was marked "Seth".
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:33 pm
She dreamt of the first age, when the shadows first lengthened, atop a mound of clay and stone.

A cloud of sparkling ether dance around her, like an ocean spray in the sunlight.

72 stars hung around her. Each one is a gift freely given, a lesson taught without obligation or expectation.

Words came from a place that isn’t hers. “For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.”

Her magic ignite. A rising sun that bathe the barren land in shimmering gold.

Heulyn open her eyes. The dream whisking from her grasp. Having been jolted awake from the pressure of a furry paw on her cheek. Shifting with languid movements she reach up to pet the large feline before her. “Mornin’” She mumble out. Still thinking on the last fleeting moments of her dream. It had been quite awhile since she last had that dream. With a groan she knows that she can’t lay here forever. Almas is persistent like that. Crawling out of bed she went through the normal routine. Feeding the animals, take a short refreshing shower, and top it off with a breakfast. It was when she was munching on her food that she read the note left by Sethus. Finding the signature a bit cutesy for him. Not that she is complaining of course.

Finishing her breakfast she went to wash the dishes before getting dressed. Choosing a more prim attire for today. After that she went to make sure that her roommates have food to eat when she is out. Filling their respective bowls with stuff they like. “Alright guys, I’m going to go out for a bit.” She calls out to her roommates before exiting the room. Making her way out of the gate towards the park she went to yesterday. Thinking over the details of the note along the way. Something must have occurred when she was asleep. Whatever that may be she feels confident enough to do it. Must like how she’s able to walk outside all on her own.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:17 pm
The animals watched Heulyn go, Almas seeming to simply nod with her head and return to her food, letting the Amziel leave. Her food was of course a rather big meaty meal, given that Almas a full blown carnivore. Midlir waggled his ears to say "Safe travels, see you later." The Stag then went back to his own meal, a healthy combination of nutritional food and butter to make sure Mildir ate it. Either way, they let her go without issue.

The walk to the park was quite the same as before, a calm walk. As it was earlier in the day than before, she would see less people on the walk. The streets were less crowded, though the presence of police and guards was the same as before. And as she was alone now, she actually got fewer looks. She seemed to now just be seen as the odd non-Anubite walking around on the planet, which wasn't exactly unusual. The Anubite Capital was a massive center of learning after all, and it was hardly surprising that others would visit it in order to check out its archives and museums. So that seemed to be what most Anubites thought Heulyn was.

At the park itself, Heulyn would be able to find the High Lord fairly quickly. He was sitting on a bench fairly close to the entrance, though this time not alone. He was speaking with a spirit, and not an Anubite one. It was instead a member of the Amurrak species, the Avian members of the Anubite Empire who were closely bound with its history. This one was in fancy ceremonial armor, similar to that of an Anubite Lord's, although they were finishing up their conversation as Heulyn was arriving. The spirit faded into mist, which then flew into one of the spirit stones on the High Lord's Staff. Sethus stood up, turning to notice Heulyn, "Ah, Heulyn, you are here! Welcome. Things have moved a little faster than I expected... Regardless, before we attend to the matter, I intend to get you something to channel power through. We will thus be going to a temple! One that has the capacity for crafting on such a level and the resources already well at hand."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:10 pm
Walking through Linear City has made her think about its museums and archives. It’s a different experience to explore them rather than use the Ethernet. Perhaps she should visit them sometime in the future. It was something she would enjoy doing. Being someone who had the utmost privilege of seeing historic events up close and visit truly ancient cities like Kuru for instance. All of which had cultivated a liking to history in all aspects. Of course having Heroic Spirits was also a major cause of her adoration for it. After all, to her, History is people. It is a table of laughter from a half dozen kings. It is prayer with living saints. It is enjoying rich liquor with Ionei’s. It is a smile flashed across the hallway to strong arms carrying her across a ruptured land.

Ah, she has been thinking a lot of Chaulkuau these past weeks. It has been almost a decade and she still has them on her mind. She suppose it should not be surprising. It was the greatest time of her life. Not just for what she did. But for who she did it alongside. A soft sigh escape her. Feeling nostalgic all the way to the park. Sauntering into the park proper she could easily sense the presence of Sethus. Making it a simple task to locate him nearby. She gave a greeting smile when she found him. Not paying much thought to the Amurrak spirit at the present moment. Rather she was more intrigued by what caused these ‘events’ to speed up. She figured she would make a channeling item after a week or two of studying Anubite mysticism. Oh well it can’t be helped. It was a good thing that she was used to hitting the ground running. “Good morning Sethus.” She return the greeting before speaking again. “It’s a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. I think I can understand the nature of why we’re making something right away. So I’m feeling up to the task.” By this point she was feeling physically energetic thanks to the plentiful bed rest.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:03 pm
Sethus smiled, noting that she did seem to be rather energetic. He nodded back, "Excellent to see that you are feeling well and prepared! That will be most needed for what I feel is going on. Come, the temple is not far. Although, on the way, I shall say a few things." He started walking out of the park, starting to speak as he walked, "I don't really want to push you along too quickly, but I feel things are developing at a pace where I will need your help. Nerotep is getting more agitated, more proactive. I feel he's on the verge of doing something drastic. So I want to nip this in the bud, quickly yet discretely. To do that, I want to talk with Sucali, the ancestor who Nerotep got his claims from apparently. I've heard Sucali's name before, he's officially considered a mad spirit by the Ancestor Council. Yet Nerotep is taking him at his word, which begs a number of questions. The first being if he is actually insane, or if somebody is hiding something. The second is why Nerotep is taking him so seriously, just one spirit! There's many things wrong here, and I intend to find out! So I need your help, as right now you are not connected with any ancestors who may tip off interested parties, but you are also capable. Yet that is also why you need to be moved along, so you can be safe. Does that make sense?"

As they were walking along, Heulyn would be able to see the temple in the distance. The Temple was built atop a rocky hill, and was a rather impressive structure that could easily be seen from afar. It was far from inactive either, people were going in and out, to offer their praises to the Gods and the Ancestors. Or even meet with some of their own familial ancestors, as this was one of the locations in which that was done.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum