Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 17 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:06 pm
Heulyn returned the wave in kind. Taking in the last minute advice as she went off with Sethus. It was a bit nerve wracking. All the oddities that she heard about him served to fan her curiosity. After all she tends to mesh well with eccentric individuals. The renewal of her carefree nature began to make that side leak out more. Or at least that’s what Tarset commented on a few times. Tarset seems to have been acting oddly from time to time. Once was in the morning when Tarset was strangely annoyed to find the amziel sleeping in her bed naked. The reason why it was odd is that she already told her that she slept naked at times. And they were both women so it was fine. The latter seem to have made her more annoyed for some reason beyond her comprehension. Heulyn concludes that Anubites are a weird bunch. So with that insight she can only wonder what awaits in the hall of the progenitor.

Coming before the great gate her mana core was warmer than normal. Resonating with the ambient radiation of Anrak’s spiritual presence. It felt like she was walking into a sauna. Thankfully she can hold herself together. Having experienced this a few times in her life. Which had also taught her to not use her mind’s eye to gaze upon the source up close. Lest she get struck with a dizziness spell. She knew that for certain as her body is already reacting to it. Stars twinkle behind her eyes. Her torch-staff began to produce white streaks within the orange flame. The voice of her mentor pulled her attention to him. Giving a small nod of understanding. “Hah… His presence is heavy. It feels as if I’m wading through warm sand.” She took a breath. Looking over to the surrounding guards. Taking in the aesthetic details of their armor in a feeble attempt to get her mind off the sensations. Out of the blue a thought breached her mental haze. “Why? If Nerotep wanted to prove himself why did he run away. Why did he turn his back to Memphi’s light? In doing so he turned his back on Anrak. On all of Anubite history and culture. He forsaken him just to flee into the arms of the Confederacy.” She expresses her confusion to Sethus. In fairness she does realize that Nerotep did not have many allies to go to. But it was still a major thing to disregard Anrak like this. Did he try coming here to make a case but was rejected? If so that just makes this seem to be all the more a petty power play if he went against the judgement of the first High Lord. .
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 17 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:16 am
Sethus was surprised by the sudden question, but he did know the answer. He sighed, looking to Anrak's door, "Well, apprentice, I know for a fact that Nerotep did try to ask High Lord Ithkar for advice and support in his claims. But he never got the chance to make his case, as Anrak refused to grant him audience. It seems that the First High Lord simply did not put any credit to his claims, and so didn't even wish to hear them. Which is sensible, but it is still odd why the Ancestor Council, including a few of the Ancestors we just met, refused to allow me to utilize preemptive measures. That is something I will have to figure out once the chaos is past, but obviously I can't leverage force against the ancestors. That would be a much worse crisis, so I'll just have to get someone to explain it. Right now, Nerotep is out there, and is with the Confederacy." At that point, the doors opened, the guards standing aside. Sethus nodded, "There we go, we have been granted entry. Come along Heulyn."

Entering into the lavish chambers of the First Highlord, the first room they'd enter was seemingly a trophy room. Here, many relics belonging to House Ithkar were kept. Including things like the physical armor Anrak Ithkar wore as he united the planet, and the skull of his final foe. But besides those relics of war, it also had more pleasant things. A large scroll containing poetry about water that the Highlord wrote himself, the physical document of the final peace deal, and a simple ring from his first marriage. Their arrangement seemed more to serve as things for memory, rather than bragging. Sethus moved past this however, since this was not where they would meet Ithkar. That would be in the next room, which was quite different in tone. In here, many holo-projectors were set up, each displaying various images and words onto the walls. The images were incredibly varied, going from things like Omnipo's symbol, to the portraits of major political figures, to bowls of cereal. The words were similarly varied, all along the lines connecting the various images, saying things like "Conspiring", "Enemies", "Collaborators", "Relation Unknown", "Missing Link?", and so on. And in the center of the room, Heulyn would be able to see the source of the overbearing spiritual signature. Anrak Ithkar's spiritual form was wearing simple ceremonial garb, the sort of thing Sethus would wear when serving in his duties when the armor was not appropriate. One hand was on his chin as he looked around, spiritual energy flowing out of his eyes like a constant volcano of pure power. He held up his free hand as a signal for Sethus and Heulyn to halt, acknowledging their presence but clearly deep in contemplation, and he continued to think. Suddenly, he materialized a knife out of spiritual energy and hurled it at one of the images. The blade landed on the portrait of a relatively unknown female Valorian model from Avalantus, with Ithkar simply stating, "And so the sinister purpose is identified, and the culprit found. Computer, log the findings under 'Shoe Manufacturing Conspiracy 89', and mark it as concluded." There was a beep from a nearby computer, saving the surely astonishing find, and then the projectors all shut off, leaving a blank room. With that, Ithkar turned to the arrivals. Sethus quickly bowed his head, and Ithkar quickly waved for it to be raised, inspecting both of them, "High Lord Sethus and his apprentice Heulyn. It has been some time since you last came for an audience Sethus, and this is my first time meeting the apprentice. I know much about the Amziel based on the news reports and government documents, but it is always best to confirm such things with a direct meeting. There is still much to identify when it comes to your people, and your planet for that matter, and how they will factor into ongoing developments."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:40 am
Seeing his surprise made her minorly blush in embarrassment. “Sorry if that was out of the blue. I guess being here reminded me of everything that is going on.” She took a breath to settle her nerves. “That just makes it more perplexing. I don’t mean to discredit the value of noble blood. But if the originator of a hundred millennium plus history of stories, heroes, battles, and tribulation; decreed that one was not worthy to be the inheritor of his vision. That is that. Flesh and blood alone does not make one worthy.” She was near exasperated. Tugging at the collar of her dress in a feeble attempt to vent hot air. While there was good air conditioning in here the exposure to the presence was having its continued effect. “Even them? Heh, that would’ve been awkward if I had brought that up.” Letting out a sigh she watched the gate open to them. Heeding his words she followed suit as they made their way inside.

Their entry into what seemed to be the reliquary made her lag behind ever so slightly. Wishing to look at them but knew they were a collection not meant to be drooled over by strangers. So she kept up with Sethus’s pace. Stepping into the next room she got the inclination of what she was told earlier about the progenitor. But she didn’t think it was that strange. Granted she was a patron of the arts so she’s not really a good judge of what is ‘normal’ behavior. First impression aside the cluttered holograms were a bit too much for her to focus on. Given the time she would have been interested in looking at it all. Unfortunately she doubts she’ll get that privilege. Sensing Sethus coming to a halt she did as well. Finally setting her sights on the awesome spirit that is Anrak Ithkar. Bowing in a similar manner like Sethus did. She was a bit fidgety. Not knowing whether or not it was proper for her to speak yet. With only air between her and Anrak his presence made her more meekful than normal. A normal thing in other circumstances in the past. Gradually she managed to muster up some courage to speak since he did seem to be directing the observation towards her.

“I hope we will be of any use to you. It’s a privilege to meet you.” Her neck was flush in gold. Glancing over to her mentor in flusterment. A bit stressing over what to say. “I’m certain that Amzielean has much to offer you and the empire.” Great, she just practically spoke the same thing but worded differently. Just stop talking. Let Sethus properly get the conversation going. She wished the conspiracy walls were still on. It would have been a good thing to look at. Sadly with a blank room her eyes are naturally drawn to the spirit. Amber eyes peer into those fonts of power. Two bright stars. The world around her is dim. Her once tense breathing relaxed. The strange hypnotizing effect broke when she blinked. Strangely finding herself in a more composed state of mind. The pressure was not as unbearable as before. And if she were to look at Anrak again she wouldn’t get the strange effect that she had. Which just makes her all the more curious. Geez, she’s grateful for those sticking up to her abnormalities.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:15 am
The Progenitor High Lord simply gave a curt nod at Heulyn's words, as they were indeed just a repetition of his own words. He wasn't offended however, it was just clear that he was quite used to this. He did seem a bit pleased by her rather sudden gaining of composure a bit, his eyes showing faint approval. All the same, he looked to Sethus to speak next, which he promptly did, "As you said, Lord Ithkar, this is my apprentice. I felt that it would be good for her education on the Empire to meet you in person, as it is good to encounter you directly instead of merely visualizing you based on the histories. I hope we were not interrupting with this endeavor."

Anrak shook his head, "No, there was no interruption. I was just finished with my latest delve into information.There are many things one can discover with even the barest bits of information, just have to put the pieces together. No detail goes unchecked. Although, it is good to have more information, and you have brought to me a subject that requires additional studying. Where shall the Amziel fall into the framework of the Anubite Empire?" He turned around, stepping back towards his many projectors. With a wave of his hand, they all returned to life, showing now simple images of the various species that lived within the Anubite Empire. Anubites, Amurrak, Arachain, Humans, Eshnadim, and most recently Amziel. He gestured to the Amziel image, "You have been in the Empire a number of years now, but there is cleanup work to do. I wonder however, when that is done, where shall you be most of use? The Amurrak were guided into the role of being our researchers, away from the more constraining sides of tradition while still sticking to the core philosophies that empower this Empire. Humans saw their desire for the stars and to explore utilized to create effective personnel for our navies, as well as willing and capable additions to exploration teams. The Eshnadim's intelligence and hidden empathy turned to medicine, and the Arachain's mad quest for knowledge in all fields of work make them the best suited to teaching and instructing. These species are all quite populous in our domains, and their strengths are utilized to ensure the Empire lives on. Where will the Amziel fall? I have my predictions, but now I have a better option. Heulyn, what can your people offer the Anubite Empire? What aspect of your society can be molded into something that shall empower this eternal Empire, and perhaps reinvigorate it?" While it was a large question, his tone was quite mild, showing that he wasn't expecting a full answer, and more just wanted thoughts.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:17 pm
It was a large and a hard question. For the most part she came to identify herself as a citizen of Tombuiron. Wore their clothes, ate their cushine, watched their plays, and spoke their language. As much she wished to deny it she was still connected to Angelarium. If nothing else because she had greatly betrayed someone close to her there. Having pushed away her extended hand to help her. To get her out of those dark times. But she rejected her. Having felt she needed penance. The last she saw of her were her baleful, red eyes before she vanished out of thin air. That was a year before she was transported to her family who had disowned her. It made her wonder what she was up to now. More so when she listens to news from Alexandria. For her to give control to someone else was unlike her. She felt it spoke volumes of how much she hurt her by denying her. In the end she knew she can’t cut off Angelarium out of her life. In a way it would be abandoning the burden she once carried. Holding her staff close to her she mustered up the will to speak. Feeling more stable than before.

“At the present moment. We are empty. But it’s because we’re empty that we have unlimited possibilities to ascend to. But there is a main road that many may transverse upon in the coming generations. The Amurrak paves the way to the future. Anubite preserves the past. Eshnadim prolongs the present. Arcachain ensures that knowledge is passed along. And humans protect this chain of eternity. What sets Amzielean aside is that their road leads them to a place that transcends time in… a poetic sense. We live in a world of stories, wonders, and mysteries. All of which very much defined the Amzielean culture in the past. Even now we seek to understand the unknown. That desire will be the kindling for the empire flame of curiosity. To keep the empire belief in fantasy and faith alive. To reach the higher echelons of thaumaturgy that even the Tordelia and Shokou can only dream of. I believe...even surpass mystic archeotech.” It was a bold claim she knew. But that was the nature of Amzielean. To find new mountains to climb and conquer. Most of all she needed to sound certain than to roll ‘if’ and/or ‘maybe’ along the ground. To make an ambitious dream into a reality rather than indulging in it. It was this mindset that she applied to things not related to the current subject.

The thought of that certain subject made her aware again of the faint phantom weight on her head. “I’m a bit on the same path as well. Only today did I come to get a sense of what I want to become to serve the empire. An Imperial Mystic Retinue. I carry a vault of history, knowledge, and secrets that I wish to channel through serving the empire. Partly to repay kindness, partly for atonement, but the most of all. I feel this is my home now. A home that I want to see prosperous and be a wonderful place for everyone to live in.” Silence returns to the room when Heulyn reaches the end of her train of thought. Feeling that she had summarized her emotions well.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:56 pm
Anrak listened to her assessment of her people closely, his expression unchanging. He did put a hand to his chin in consideration however, before speaking calmly, "So you say your people have a potential role in the form their ambition to fulfill their fantastical curiosities? An intriguing notion, perhaps to be molded into an assistant group for the Amurrak. One can handle the technological sciences, and the other more magical sciences. However, your kind are currently unrefined. This is not something unusual, as this was the case for all members of the Anubite Empire. The Amurrak first rushed towards progress without thought for consequence, and their hubris saw them fight the Empire, and lose. The Arachain lacked focus, trying to do everything at once and so never getting very far at anything. Humanity's untapped individualism saw them squabble over minor things, and so despite its might the Republic of Proscore remained a minor power, and never a truly great power. The Amziel similarly have flaws, and I know them. I have seen the reports sent back by the Empire's troops on Angelarium about their various discoveries, and I see the problems. The Amziel think they can bypass our mystical tech, to reach higher and higher... And they will destroy themselves in the process. Your people delve so deep into the unknown that they forget themselves, and so have become beasts. Wonders become horrors, and dreams become nightmares. From the reports, this is perhaps already the case. Your world holds some truly disgusting people, Heulyn. But, as with all the others, this is where the Empire steps in. The Amziel will be reforged and molded over time, your strengths built upon while your weaknesses weeded out. In time, you will become as indispensable to the Empire as all the others. It will take time, but if there is anything this Empire has mastered... It is time itself."

"As for your path, it is a good one. I can see the desires in your heart, but I can also sense that you hold a good deal of strength inside. Dreams burning like a rocket, or perhaps more accurately, like your staff. You will be of good use in securing that better future. Do well enough, and you shall create the perfect positive feedback loop. Your efforts to improve your home will make it better, and so make it desirable as a home to others, who can then lend their aid to it. Your example can serve to the rest of your kind, moving along their reforging into an important piece of the Empire. I will be expecting your assistance in that project, as I will be personally handling some of the effort."

That last bit seemed to surprise Sethus, who spoke up, "Lord Ithkar, you mean to say that you will return to active governing in a sense?"

The Spirit shook his head, "No, I am far too busy to take command. But I will lend my oversight, as I did with the Amurrak in time past. High Lord Uldmeka asked for my aid in integrating them, and in this effort I see a similar spark. As such, to repeat the success of the past, I will play the same part, and history will repeat once more."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:45 pm
Her shoulder gave a slight wince when he went into the sins of her people. There was nothing she could sugarcoat it with and even if she did she wouldn’t try to hide it. Her amber eyes became solemn. Memories of her first cell rose from the murky depths of her psyche. “I won’t deny that. I can’t excuse their behavior. But I can’t damn them either. To cut them from my life felt like the easy way out. I… forgave them. I can’t hate them. They can be redeemed, reforged, and become deserving of love.” She said in general agreement. Guilt became noticeable in her soft features. “I also feel responsible for them. I have,,, had a friend long ago. An entity of the Moon Cell. One night she came to me. She told me that she followed the order I gave her so long ago in another life. That if she were to meet me again, remind me what I fought for. Remind me of the person I became. And she waited. She waited eternity. Even when I became trapped in Tiamat she waited. When that ship came to Angelarium and Tiamat spawned her sea. My friend was relieved. The end was in sight. So she waited for me to come out of the sea. Passing time creating the anomalies to toy with Amzielean, pulling political strings for her amusement. She was only there for me. And so when I was finally born in Angelarium she was happy. She could finally perform the mission she was trusted with so long ago. I became of age, and she reminded me of what I am. But, it went unexpected for her. She came to me when I was imprisoned. Pleading to me to come with her, that she did as I told her to do, to finally leave this world and explore this new universe.”

Her eyes drift to the floor. “In payment for her loyalty and patience. I turned her away. I felt I needed penance.To leave me. That… hurt her. I hurt her a lot. All she said next that Angelarium shall burn. A few years later of seeding radical elements to make Amzilean nature do all the work for her, the world did almost burn. The engine probably kicked in sooner than she expected.” With a sigh she looked back up to the great lord of Tomburion. No longer holding the staff close to her. “I have a lot to make up for. And that’s why I’m standing here now. It will take time. Time that will be well spent with effort and progress.” Her eyes widened slightly when she spoke of her assistance in the project. Sharing a similar surprise to Sethus. “Of course! I have long made the vow that I’ll devote my entirety to the Anubite Empire. I would be happy to provide any assistance.”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:28 am
Ithkar nodded his head, "Redemption is quite the point. This Empire sees in the long term, which means seeing the good even behind all the muck. And to live in the long term, forgiveness and understanding is required. While that story of your friend had an unfortunate end, there is much to learn from it. Loyalty is a valuable commodity, Heulyn. Empires live and die on loyalty. Take care not to scorn it again in the future, for here is another bit of advice... You are not the one who determines whether you are damned or redeemed. These are not your choices, and so they are not your judgements to make. To say either is arrogance of the highest caliber. These judgements fall in the eyes of others, as both individuals and as a group. You may redeem yourself in the eyes of one easily, and in another you may never find redemption. Your choice is not how you are seen, but in who's eyes you are hoping for that redemption. And if you seek it in the eyes of the Anubite Empire, I would say you are quite far along as it is. Your people on the other hand are not nearly as far, and so that makes you the one who shall have to serve as an example to follow, so they may speed up their journey of improvement. But enough of this, you have my words on the matter. Your role now is seeing it through. Understood?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:28 am
“Yes, my lord.” The conversation was dropped so she doesn’t dare to try to prolong it. Content to just leave the talking to Sethus. It was a bit nerve racking to have a small conversation with Anrak.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:27 am
Sethus did indeed take the lead in talking, stepping forward and speaking up, "Lord Ithkar, thank you for the audience. I do not wish to take up any more of your time, especially if you intend to return to governance in any degree. I and my apprentice shall take our leave now, if you shall permit that."

Anrak gave a simple nod, "You may go, High Lord Sethus, as may you Heulyn. Remember your part to play, and carry it out. You have heard my dictates, it's up to you to see them carried out. We shall speak again soon, when I start my work on bringing that planet, Angelarium, properly into the fold. It will be a very different world and people by the time I am done with it, but it will be a better one as well. I'll also have to visit that new protectorate, those Athalians I believe they are called. I shall have to find out what use they will play for the Empire in the future as well. There is much to consider." With that, he turned around and went back into deep thought. A small notepad, as well as a little pen, were summoned forth by the spirit, and he began writing his thoughts down quickly.

Sethus gave a small bow, and turned to leave. As he and Heulyn exited Ithkar's chambers, the guards closed the gates behind them, once more returning to their watch. Sethus spoke to Heulyn as they walked out, "I believe that was quite something for the day. Some good education I would say. We will return to Tarset's palace, and you may rest. Tomorrow, we have some particularly important work to handle. Somebody has a lead on Nerotep's hiding place, and if that is the case then we cannot delay in tracking him down. And perhaps find Sucali's missing pyramid in the process as well."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:15 pm
There was a noticeable lag in Heulyn's attention to Sethus. Having been lost in thought when they left the wing. Her golden-amber eyes brighten at the news. “Oh that’s good news! Eheh I should rest up then. I feel tomorrow is going to be a big one.” She remarked as her eyes settled back on the road. Letting silence to fall on them for a short while to enjoy the walk before speaking up again. “It has been an eventual day. I feel I made some steps forward. Thank you Sethus.” She gave him a sidelong smile before resuming the rest of their walk in peace.

It felt nice.

They made their separation when they returned to Tarset’s palace. The first thing Heulyn did when she got back into her room was dump the contents of her stomach into the kitchen sink. Hands clenching the rim of the sink as she let the pent up anxiety and stress out of her body. Despite being a shivering wreck she was very proud of how well she kept her composure. The last thing she wanted was to stain the hallowed grounds in her bodily fluids. She would never live that moment down.

When she was finished wrenching out the last of her emotions she went to get a wet rag to clean her face. Disposing the evidence in the sink she went off to take another shower. Afterwards getting into more comfortable attire. Which just consisted of being in her undies and an overly large shirt with a chibi version of Anrak on it. The choice was very reminiscent of the state of her room. Wanting to rest more than anything else she flopped down onto her bed. Letting the sweet embrace of sleepiness overtake her.

The dream that graced her was a vivid one. She was in some cave mouth. Her body was hunched over and her limbs were matted with fur. It took her a second to realize she was an Anubite. A very primitive one. For she could see others around her that seem to be straight of the books she read on Anubite genealogy. Scampering around on the rocks she came to sit next to a male Anubite near the wall covered in cave paintings. He somehow got her attention from playing around with a raw flint. Something drew her here to witness something that is about to happen. The male Anubite was fooling around with the stone. Then let out a yelp when he made sparks from sliding the flint on a rock. He dropped it in shock then picked it up again. A glimmer of curiosity in his big eyes. Holding up the flint he did the same motion to create sparks. Excitement filled him as he proceeded to do it more. Until finally some of the sparks landed in the nearby bush. Catching it on fire.

The scent of smoke caught the attention of the rest of the pack. All coming over to circle the now burning bush. Orange flames lightening up more of the cave wall. That seems to suddenly tower over here. The more her Anubite eyes gaze upward the cave paintings change. Detailing the course of Anubite history across the epoch. She then noticed she was alone. The scenery around her changed. Now nighttime. Still an Anubite who was sitting before a campfire situated at the base of the monolith mountain. The cave paintings are still present. Only the mountain continues into the void between stars. Stretching into eternity. Anrak was sitting beside her with his gaze fixated to the mountain as well. He then lowered his head down to look at her. A mirror image of her Amzielean self in his eyes. From his mouth came the same words he once gave her. “Your choice is not how you are seen, but in who's eyes you are hoping for that redemption.”

She woke with a start. The lights in the room have seemingly gone into night mode. Extending her arm into the pile of pillows to reach for her phone. She drew it out to check the time. To her surprise it was early in the morning. Having slept the rest of the day away and into the night. It was perplexing to think she was that tired. That or the dream really drew her in. Since she is not feeling an ounce of tiredness anymore she doubts she can fall back to sleep. So she just gave up and went to get ready. Taking another shower and getting into a set of clothing from Tordelia that is made for mystics in mind. The fabric woven with spellthreads and runes to provide all sorts of enchantments depending on what version buyers get. Hers was nothing fancy or elaborate. It just provides a mystical barrier that gives her more protection from harm.

All suited up she went to have breakfast before heading out. She was a big girl now so she is able to walk over to Sethus’s palace on her own. It was a good time to walk outside. The early morning air was always a treat to experience. The first rays of sunrise gradually paint the sky in warm shades of orange and purple.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:32 am
As Heulyn was walking along, she would find that somebody was coming up behind her, speeding up their own walking pace so as to catch up to her. Very soon, they were walking alongside her, and so she could get a good look at them. They were an Anubite in warrior garb, with a sword and a pistol at their hip and a mystic's staff hanging on their back. The symbols on the armor identified them as a member of House Yuya as well. Fortunately, they weren't wearing a helmet, allowing a look at their face. One look revealed their identity, the younger brother of Nerotep and new head of House Yuya; Lord Clexmose Yuya. He was notably younger than most of the other major lords, being closer in age to Tarset. That youthful energy carried over into the smile on his face, and he spoke up to Heulyn in a happy tone, "Well now, look who I found walking down the street? Apprentice Heulyn, it has been a while since I last saw you. A few months I believe, although you seem to have fared rather well! Are you headed to High Lord Sethus's palace? I would presume so, given the recent findings. I am on my way there as well, as my elder brother needs to be brought to justice! Erhm, my apologies for getting a bit ahead of myself. How have things been for you?" Behind them two more Anubites had sped up in order to catch up to Clexmose, those being two more Yuya Guardsmen. They were of course just making pace so their lord didn't get out of their sight, and they stayed a few paces behind just to continue to act in the escort role.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:29 pm
Her enjoyment of the walk became sour with the sudden appearance of the lord who proceeded to instantly start chatting away into her ear. It wasn’t a surprise given the audacity of men but she was not the sort to have that effect on her general first impression. Not when she understood the importance of her position in the social ladder. That’s one of the differences between human and anubite men. The former don’t care for what status a woman possesses while the latter is much more honorable. She doesn’t recall when she was graced with harassment when she walked around Linear City by herself. Besides she was practically grown up around a large company of men. “Hm no worries.” She brushes off the apology. Not feeling offended by his actions. That’s a bit of a challenge to do considering her track record. “I’m doing alright. Just going to meet the High Lord.” Accepting her predicament she decided to go with the initiation. She wasn’t the sort of person to give someone a cold shoulder when they try to start a conversation regardless of what agenda they might have. “How’s life treating you?” She bounced a question back at him.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:07 am
Clexmose smiled, seeming rather happy to answer the question, "I've been doing well, I think. Been cleaning up after my older brother for the most part, but I think I've generally cleaned up the House. The family as well as the literal house as well, did some renovations to the Yuya Fortress-Palace recently too. There were some sections that needed some repairs, and a little expansion was rather needed. It was pretty cramped!" He then paused, rubbing the back of his head as he realized he was being a bit rude, "Ah, erhm, my apologies once more. I suppose my sudden appearance is made even more irritating by me then going off about a palace... Sorry, I'll stop that topic now." The new Yuya Lord's youth showed in his body, enthusiasm, and lack of the tact that most nobles were trained to have. He was after all never meant to rule, being a younger Prince, so he never had the training. It was up to him now to try and learn.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:42 pm
Clexmose really did seem like an eager puppy that just wanted to be friends. A thought came to mind about reaching over to scratch his ears. That impulse made her feel a bit guilty. Over the years she tries to suppress that urge to physically interact with Anubites as she would to normal jackals. But every once and awhile her mind instinctively makes that connection. Said connection already fueled by her passion in taking care of animals. Especially the cuddly ones. “You’re alright.” She casually remarked once more. Her features are lighter now. Having come to accept that she’ll have to walk with him. No need to be on edge the whole way to the Fortress-Palace. She didn’t want to walk the whole way in awkward silence either so she had to carry some sort of conversation. Releasing a breath she spoke to Clexmose. “It must be a lot on your plate to clean up after your brother. Were you close to him?”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:30 pm
It was a good idea not to go for his ears, as while Anubites were canines, it was culturally considered a bit rude to go for such an intimate location on a whim. Like a random bit of tickling to the stomach. Clexmose smiled once more, seeming happy that Heulyn was willing to engage with him some more now, clearly also not wanting an awkwardly silent walk, "Ah, yes, it has been quite a bit of work. A lot of hunting for his loyalists who might act as spies, and it's not fun to interrogate members of your own family, as well as loyal servants you've known for years. And we're a big, big family. Still, fortunately for me, most of the House is loyal to the High Lord. The biggest problem really was trying to unearth a lot of the hidden information! Old data files, troop movements, and so on. The important things for a war effort. Nery was good at studying war." He sighed, and then shook his head, "Not particularly. We have quite the age difference. Over twenty years, in fact. So we didn't grow up together, and I was only a young teenager when he took over the House. Still, while we didn't know eachother very well, I looked up to him. In the few times we did talk at length, he impressed me a lot with his skills and knowledge. Rather powerful too. I never intended to become a major lord, my goal in life was just being a combat mystic in the Anubite Empire's Navy. I wanted to help the Empire defend itself, but also to give spiritual guidance to my fellows in the navy. So Nery's power was rather inspirational to me. I'm still not anywhere close to his abilities, be they spiritual or in terms of being able to command a noble house, but I can keep striving."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:15 am
“Mmmm” It was not quite the answer she was hoping for. In a way made her pity him. Perhaps she was going about this the wrong way. “As much it hurts to say it I never got to learn much of family dynamics in the great houses. I met quite a few Suerankh and Rwim family members over the years but I was so invested in other things that I never really interacted with them.” Her tone rings with regret. As a social person it made her feel that she failed a part of herself. “So I don’t know much about the general family relationship that I would like. In a way that is why I asked the question. I know that it’s a big family and it hurts to be forced to regard the other in suspicion. So what are you and your family like?” She then finally looked over to him for the first time they started walking together. Giving him a friendly smile. “I’m just interested in your family life. Underneath all the adult stuff. Do you have a special way in celebrating birthdays? Holidays? Fun family traditions that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside?” With her free arm she hugs herself to empathize that feeling.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:18 am
Clexmose considered the question, thinking about the best way to explain it, "Hm, well, do you have an extended family? Aunts, uncles, that sorta thing? Well, in an Anubite Great House, the family is massive. I have lots of cousins, and a fair few of them are important people. Hard to know them well when there are so many and we are all off doing our own things. As for the core family, my parents and direct siblings, it's like close schoolyard friends. A fair few of them and I do know them well, but ultimately our main goal is learning so that we may fulfill or goals for the future. We get along however! Just... Not as close as I would probably prefer." He then cheered up a bit at the mention of holidays and traditions, nodding his head, "Oh, yes! We do have some special family traditions that are rather fun. Birthdays in the family are rather big events for instance! Sometimes its more simple things like big parties and social gatherings, but there are many times where it is more fun! We had one birthday party for my sister where we went on a trip to Freeforest, as she was very interested in the planet, and went hiking! Another fun event was this recreation of an old chariot tournament, put together by the House Guards! That was for my 12th Birthday, actually. We like to try and make those milestones in our lives more meaningful. A way to remember how far we have gone, as well as always have something nice to look at the past in. Extra important to for getting along with the family, sharing those moments of youthful joy. That I would say is a very fuzzy sort of thing!"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:24 pm
Heulyn gave a grin that was reminiscent of a elderly looking back on those distant days. “I do have a surrogate family that I came to be with after I was disowned by my biological one. We are an unusual, hectic, and often imperfect one… but that’s what made them perfect.” Twinkles of distant memories shone behind them. Families and friends she long left behind. It almost made her feel homesick. To not fall into old world blues she listens to Clexmose. She could empathize what he meant by not feeling he was close to his family as he may think. Giving a solemn nod in agreement she spoke. “I can get what you mean.” Those born into nobility are ironically less free than the common people.”It’s nice to hear you have some connection with your family though.” It was pleasant to hear stuff like that. Sure she could relate to his situation on some level but she prefers to talk about other things in life.

Intending to let Clexmose chat away about his family she looked back ahead to the road. It was still nice and quiet. Only activities she sees are the guards. The sky was brightening up. Heralding the approaching dawn. Lightening up the features of the Fortress-Palace in the distance. The sight made her recall what Sethus said to her yesterday. After all these years they finally have a lead on Nerotep location. A light at the end of the tunnel. While she was isolated from the cosmic wars she still came into contact with it one way or another. Whether it be injured marines in the sick bay or news articles online. It made her think about stuff. Reminding herself to not appear disconnected to the conversation she tosses up a question for him. “Got any fun stories about you and your family? Got into any mischief like say raiding the cookie jar?” The latter was spoken in a joking manner. For she knew nobles tend to be averse to shenanigans.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:39 pm
Clexmose appeared surprised to hear that she had been disowned at some point, tilting his head a bit, "You were disowned? I can't see a good reason for that, you seem like a good person and very capable. Disowning you feels like a mistake from both the emotional and practical levels..." He then shook his head rapidly, "Ah, no, no. Prying is bad, you don't need to answer that, I am sure I would not like the answer anyways. Still, it is good that you can get what I mean there. Lots of folks don't, but then again lots of folks live normal lives. I definitely do not, and seems that neither do you, Heulyn." He then cheered up some more again, chuckling as he thought back, "Well, I didn't do anything too notable in the realm of mischief, as my minders always watched me very closely. But my older sister Lysani once pulled a rather memorable little trick. Father once took away a candy jar from her, so that she didn't eat it all at once and get sick. So, as a small child, she hatched a plan. She swiped a guard's comm unit, and sent Father an alert that requested him to go to the door of the Fortress-Palace for a surprise visit from the High Lord, and she did that as well from a second guard's comm unit to make it more believable. Then she got into his room by telling the guards she was putting a military report inside, a real one although it was outdated. And while inside, she took the candy jar. She subsequently got a bit sick from eating too much chocolate, but it was still quite something to pull on our Father. He was no fool after all."

And indeed, the Fortress-Palace drew closer and closer. The Guards as usual waved to Heulyn as she arrived and allowed her entry, along with Clexmose. A pair of gardeners past by, also waving to Heulyn. Clexmose looked around, clearly a bit dazed, "You know, I've never actually been here before. I've met High Lord Sethus many times but it was always at other places or even at my own home. I suppose the palace of the Rwims is suitably impressive for their dynasty, one so much older than mine..."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:08 pm
“Hehehe don’t beat yourself over it. It’s fine. I got over it a long time ago.” She barked a small laugh when he guessed she didn’t live a normal life. There was definitely no argument there. Hearing the following story drew a short whistle from her. “Quite impressive on her part. I wouldn’t have been able to pull off what she did. Back when I lived with my surrogate family the kitchen was well, let just say well-guarded. It was a no silly business zone. I tried to sneak in to claim some deserts but got caught every time. The chefs were quite proud of their prepared meals.” She spoke the story as they made their way to the Fortress-Palace. Waving back to everyone who waved at her with a smile.

The comment on the Fortress-Palace drew her attention back to him. “Yeah, they are quite something.” She murmur in agreement. Looking back to the scenery around the. “If you want my opinion it feels a bit too big. Architectural marvels are one thing. But a genuine home has a different feeling to it.” With that small critique she heads inside with the Yuya lord.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:52 pm
Clexmose chuckled, understanding that well, "That was how it usually went in my family as well. A Warrior House can't allow nonsense very often, after all! All about discipline and order, and the guards and minders reflected that stance. Same with the chefs, much like yours, who's meals were so orderly and constant that really it got rather stagnant. Lysani's little scheme there was an exception to the rule, but that's what I think makes it so much more memorable. Father didn't punish her either, the bout of sickness was enough in his stance, but also because such cleverness is good! We Yuyas are commanders, we are meant not only to fight and inspire, but also to formulate tactics. The Anubite Empire is honorable, but honor does not stop one from fighting in a manner that is intelligent and well planned. Long term planning is what this Empire excels at after all, as I am sure you have seen for yourself!" With a big smile on his face, he then gave an additional nod, "I can understand that. This place is too big to truly know. A true home is somewhere you know like the back of your hand, like a part of your being really. That's what it makes it nice to come home to! But such massive and ancient complexes... Getting to truly know such a place is not possible even with a life time I think."

Suddenly, another voice interrupted the Yuya Lord's spoken thoughts, "Ah, but there is much more to a home than just knowing the layout." The voice was revealed to come from Sethus, calmly standing in the hall and holding his staff. With a small smile on his face, he continued, "This place is in fact my home, because of its history. This location has existed for more years than entire empires and civilizations have lasted. Its grand architecture is perhaps not so impressive in comparison to the many feats that came after, but when take into account that it is so much older and yet still a marvel... That's what makes it meaningful. The feeling that makes this home to me is knowing that I walk in the same shoes as many a High Lord before me. Feeling the same floors and contemplating life under the same roof. Perhaps I've never truly grasp this location, but it is my home. Speaking of which, welcome!"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:56 pm
His tangent while interesting to listen to was not something she wanted to hear about. She is aware that species have their own take on group dynamic and perspective on intimacy. So she can’t blame anyone if they have a different outlook compared to her. Regardless she can’t help but be bothered by it at times. Letting out a silent sigh she then felt the presence of Sethus nearby. So she just let Clexmose finish talking instead of continuing it. A grin form on her face when she heard her mentor join the conversation in standard Anubite fashion. “Okay okay, I suppose the grander message here is that a home is specially defined by the individual. That anyplace can be a home.” She let out a light chuckle. “Good morning High Lord Sethus!” Heulyn reminded herself to keep up the honorific when they are around officials and/or on business off world. “Lord Clexmose met up with me on the way here.” It was shamefully tempting to joke she picked up a friend but her connotations would definitely be misinterpreted.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:02 pm
Sethus gave a smirk at her admittance that anyplace could be a home, seemingly satisfied by that. He then looked to Clexmose, who bowed his head in respect to the High Lord, and gave a nod, "I see. I would have expected you to just a shuttle, Lord Clexmose, instead of walking. But if that is your preference, that is fine. Just be careful not to overstep yourself when it comes to matters such as this." That noticeably embarrassed the Yuya Lord, as the High Lord had very quickly identified his more childish hope to befriend Heulyn in a not too subtle manner. Still, he nodded his head in understanding and then kept silent, so as to not make things worse for himself. Waiting a bit to gauge Clexmose, Sethus then nodded again, "Now with that said, please come with me you two. We have work to get to. Time for Nerotep to get his just dues."

He turned and started walking further back into the palace, gesturing for the two of them to follow him. Heulyn would be able to recognize that they were headed to a command wing of the palace, where the Rwim High Lords could communicate with the Anubite Empire's military and be briefed on important situations involving military matters quickly. Sethus continued to speak as he walked, "As you know, we found where Nerotep is hiding, and we are all going to be part of the force that finally defeats him. Now, I intend to capture Nerotep alive. I wish to have him renounce his claim to being the High Lord before the Ancestor Council, and then I can banish him. Killing him is a last resort, but ultimately his life is not to take precedence over anybody else's. If you have to kill Nerotep to save somebody, be they me or just one of the marines that will be joining us, then do it. No lives will be lost just for the sake of his. Understood?"

Clexmose nodded his head, "Yes, High Lord, I understand. My brother has done many wrongs, and it is time for the deaths caused by this delusion to end. No more soldiers will die without reason if I can prevent it."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:27 pm
Coiled around at the base of her torch cone, an ivory snake moved. Rearing its small head to face the group. The snake was none other than her servant Ascluphoes. Over the years she learned how to house spirits inside of a staff much like Sethus’s own. Albeit the process made her staff feel more ‘heavy’ she could now carry several spirits with her. Greatly cutting down the mana upkeep. The one differentiation however, while she is carrying Iskandar and Kheiron inside of her staff. She had the divine spirit take the form of a snake around her staff. Ascluphoes didn’t have an issue with the request. As he knew she was simply trying to recreate his symbol for dramatic effect, the Rod of Ascluphoes. A rather touching expression to him.

Even though the snake jaw doesn’t move his voice still came from it. “The preservation of life is my sworn duty as a doctor. I’ll devote my entire being to preventing death. That includes you as well Master.” The Master in question looked away sheepishly when she was called out. The snake seemed side-eyeing his valued patron. “I trust you Master. Always have. And you have gotten better over the years. But I have to express this. Your life is neither greater or less than the others. We are all in this together, don’t try to play the hero.” She rubbed the back of her neck. She couldn't dispute those words. Her empathy had at times made her impulsive and reckless. Now she knew how stupid it was to try to take every bullet for the team.

She gave the look she understood. For a long time she had been on the frontlines in the heat of it. But now like a proper mystic she has to keep a distance to give support from afar. More so that she used to. “I understand the weight of this mission. I won’t needlessly risk my life to help others.” It was a bit painful to say that but it had to be said. Even with her changed body she can’t afford to get overconfident and reckless. “We’re all ready to give it our all.”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum