Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tales of Unity - Arc I - Jaded Ether [Eteru/Iammelon] [Dropped/Recton] - Page 3 Empty Re: Tales of Unity - Arc I - Jaded Ether [Eteru/Iammelon] [Dropped/Recton]

Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:32 am
Despite what many would react in his situation. Lincoln was actually paying attention to a haughty Psion going at it for several minutes. So long in fact the Hoplites met up with him at the door. Sliding his card to open it. The Hoplites went in first with Lincoln lingering behind. He didn’t rebuild the five broken droids yet largely because he didn’t want to distract the Psion. Who was actually being a good source of distraction from his usual anxiety in exploring unknown areas. Sure some parts did unnerve him but he felt sympathetic. That was just who he was. He sees someone who spent over a millennium cooped up in a tube. ”I’ll keep that in mind. I’m sorry for what happened to you. I can’t imagine being stuck in one room for very long. It feels wrong to me. You might as well bury me...on that note do you have a home that you miss? Or whatever you call it I suppose. I can guess nothing here in Iammelon can hold much of a candle to it.” Lincoln was being sincere. The Psion would feel his reasoning as being if that he is superior, than just how superior are the Psion architecture over Iammelon ones.
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Tales of Unity - Arc I - Jaded Ether [Eteru/Iammelon] [Dropped/Recton] - Page 3 Empty Re: Tales of Unity - Arc I - Jaded Ether [Eteru/Iammelon] [Dropped/Recton]

Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:50 pm
Tulam continued to correspond as Lincoln moved. He would feel a sense of amusement from the Psion at the question, which was followed by an answer, "Oh it was hardly that bad. I was not truly suppressed, and I am patient. It was a long time, but I have plenty of memories I needed to go through. So a bit of peace and quiet was so bad! Plenty of time to think up ideas, although was irritating that I couldn't act on them. I'll be doing that later."

He then paused, and chuckled again, "Missing a home? Silly idea. I came to this galaxy to make a new home, foolish little vessel. My last residence was confiscated after an unfortunate set of circumstances saw my personal lab world and all my slaves become the property of a different Psion. Quite disruptive to my research but I was able to get out with a batch of starships, getting away with the most important specimens of my research, myself, and a suitable number of slaves. I guess if I miss anything it would be the things I had to leave behind that take some extra time to setup. But otherwise? Replaceable. All of it. Labs can be rebuilt. New slaves can be taken. New vessels created. The only thing that is truly irreplaceable is myself. And I am just fine! As for this Nebula, I see no problems here. Plenty of new slave species to study and work on. Lots of new data. Like you! Why would I come here if it wasn't worth my time at all? I have self respect."

Meanwhile, the card opened the door without any trouble. Beyond was the incredible darkness at the end of the hallway. The movement had, notably, stopped. There was the echo of a low growl, but it faded quickly. Alek stepped forward and scanned, and then turned back to Lincoln, "The darkness is irregular. There is no lights, but it is darker than it should be regardless. I believe the darkness is magically created, be prepared."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:10 pm
”Heh, that was rather silly of me to ask. I’m not the one to talk about that sort of stuff.” For reasons he didn’t need to reiterate since Tulam already knows. ”It's just something I like to ask of others. To imagine what it must be like for them.” His home was the sky above. Boundless and free. He’s a hawk that doesn’t submit to, or even acknowledge the authority all that much above his own. A sinful thing, to desire freedom is to desire a world without laws. Well, he never said he wasn’t a sinful soul. Perhaps a bit arrogant as well, believing he could keep flying forever. It would be fitting however given his choice of friends.

”I’ve just been floating on the wind. Not really flying everywhere.” A muse was formed without meaning to. He made a face when he heard what Alek reported. The Psion could sense his thoughts on the matter. Begging the question of how much stuff Omnipo has buried under here. Then he brushed those thoughts aside.

“Of course it is. By the stars. Sigh. Lets advance cautiously. We could be dealing with anything at this point.” He remarked. If they found it proper to plop a Psion down here. There could very well be other horrifying elements here. The Hoplites begin to move in a steady approach towards the darkness. Once more he was marginally grateful he could mentally chatter with someone to ease the tension.

”Mmm, Touché. No sense in crossing the intergalactic void to loot a place that isn’t valuable to you.” It was basic common sense he heard from pirates in bars. They don’t just pick a random place and hope it has good stuff. A lot of preparation and planning goes into it. ”The Nebula is a rather strange place. Dragons that do things with their minds, Anubites who can converse with the dead, Ialao who speak for the trees. It’s quite diverse. Then yeah sure you got me. How lucky. I’m sure it’ll be a learning experience for the both of us.”

The subject of his uniqueness did make him think about it instead of brushing it off like he usually does. It’s obvious to him at this point that Lisa is involved somehow. He recognized the cybernetic glow in her eyes to the light she saw in the husk contained in the stasis chamber. She was watching him. But why? It was beginning to dawn on him that he needs to take more of a bold approach.

What would Vega do? At this point he would have tortured her for all her suspicious actions. But he wasn’t like Vega. He prefers to do things differently. Hazy memories of old conversations come to mind. One instance was Vega suggesting how he would go about doing something. In short, how would he get information out of Lisa? The word fusion came to mind. There was a dark impulse that spoke yes. But that’s a line he can’t cross. He has to make it consensual. To make her want to open up to him.

It then came back to him. Lisa has been brutally upfront. If she is this consistent in her actions. Then it’s possible he could persuade her. Get inside her. Caress her innermost places. Glean who made her so heartless and held her. Never letting her go ever again.

Lincoln made a face. Again?

Meanwhile Tulam'Run still continues to have clear feedback of his inner monologue. Given his expertise, the Psion would easily tell that his presence is starting to influence the man in minor ways. While he was very much a gem in the ocean, his sheer ego is sending ripples through it. Not much but noticeable due to the nature of being fused with one another. In short, with time he can tweak Lincoln’s critical thinking in ways that benefit the Psion.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:26 am
"A learning experience mostly for you. I know a lot of things already, but you, vessel, have a great deal to learn! Pay attention and you'll pick up many good ideas, speaking of which..." Tulam could clearly read Lincoln's thoughts and concerns. He could tell he was focusing on Lisa and what she knew, and the Psion was quite amused at the conflict Lincoln was going through. So he got a bit smug now, "I think you might need some advice right now! Never delay when it comes to potentially dangerous secrets, vessel! So, get bold. And if you'd like, I can help. A Psion such as I has ways to prod and poke at minds of others. And just because I am stuck, my powers are as strong as ever. Now I'm not going to make your life so easy, it's fun to watch challenge, but I can offer small bits of my power for you to play around with. If you want this lady of yours to be honest with you, you need to make her want to be honest with you. A few adjustments to emotions like, say, desire... And then you just reinforce it! With little prods and pokes, you can make her willingly do what you want. Be that telling the truth, or more. From what I have seen... She has some making up to do, and that can play into your advantage."

While the Psion was giving his own version of relationship advice, they advanced towards the darkness. As they pass through the initial darkness, Lincoln would enter a distorted sort of world. It was like in black and white, and vision was quite limited thanks to it still being very dark. But it was definitely magically induced. This was not a natural situation at all. As they moved along, Tulam would even note, "Hm, curious. I don't remember putting this here... Unless... Oh hoh hoh. Hold tight, vessel."

The Hoplites had similarly limited vision, but were able to search through the darkened area. They called out findings, and in time they had an idea of where they were. It was another hallway, which had a sign marking it as "This Way: Secondary Barracks, Mess Hall, Showers, Upper Admin Office, High Security Hold + Experimental Containment". They found that as they walked through the magically darkened hallway, they would find more bodies. Hoplites, OMNI Security, Scientists, and other workers. Unlike in the other instances, it was pretty clear that these ones had not died fighting eachother. They all had similar wounds, although in themselves they were diverse. Some of the bodies were slashed through by what was identified as massive claws, others were crushed under great force, a few impaled, and finally some were even burnt to a crisp by high intensity flames. They all seemed to have been killed trying to escape. 

At the end of the hallway leading into the section, they would find another door. Apparently this led into the cafeteria, which would then be able to spread out and lead to the other rooms mentioned by the sign. The door was somewhat jammed, and it looked damaged, but it could probably still be opened. However before Lincoln could use his keycard, Tulam spoke out, "Hold, vessel. This will be a first lesson for you in tapping into my power! I know what is beyond this door, and I'd rather you not die just yet. Instead, let's allow you a glimpse! Feel the sliver of power I am granting to you, and reach out with your mind. Imagine your sight going through this door to witness what is beyond, and what danger lies ahead. Reach out with your mind. This is a good first lesson, since you're not targeting a different mind yet. And it will let you understand my greatness just a tiny bit more. Now, do it. Use your hand too! I find that it makes it easier when your body follows the motions too."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:51 pm
It would require a lot of convincing for him to be nonchalant with having help with his thing with Lisa. The last one was a bit of good advice. But overall he got the sense it wouldn’t be too difficult. There is a vague sense that Lisa has lived a hollow life with no sense of purpose. Something priceless was squandered away. He has seen a certain spark in content creators and scholars. That passion, imagination, and wonder were all lacking in her dull brown eyes. And then there was that other feeling again. The urge to be with her. To brush away her worries.

A frown grace her lips. He was reminded of not being there for Vega when he was taken by Cyboar. He may have accepted the past but he often wondered how it would have played out if he had been there. Be more bold, not so wishy-washy.

His musing led to planning. Then planning led to fantasizing. A blush rose to his neck. Thankfully for the both of them he wasn’t so caught up in his own head that he wasn’t paying attention to the world around him. The Psion would notice the Hoplites were moving awfully slowly before it would dawn on him what was happening. Because Lincoln had fused with Vega long before Cyboar. He could remember the sensation of their perception of time slowing down. And his abnormal mind is retracing those steps. It’s nowhere as good Cyboarfied Vega obviously but it’ll give him an edge in a situation like this.

This concentration was broken by sheer bafflement when he read the signs. Vocally cursing under his breath. His disbelief was loud and clear to Tulam'Run. ”How does it make any sense to have that in an area like this! Why yes, I love having a sandwich when a murder beast is in the next room. Gee, let’s put a shower nearby while we’re at it. Proskal, why would you have it on the ground floor!?” As he thought it he by habit try to think from their side and came to a rational if cold possibility. Because it’s on the ground floor close to the entrance, if it ever broke free they could push it outside to let it be the city problem instead of having it run loose deeper in the facility. So what was the deal with Tulam'Run then? Did they just not take him seriously?

It was at this point that he was beginning to have a solid idea of what to do with the facility. He’s not going to inherit the company legacy and their mess. There is too much bad blood staining these halls that it’s better if they remain truly dead. If anything this made him glad that he chose to be a Union supporter.

Making his way through the complete carnage. He stood before the door saturated in the oily darkness. Body buzzing from the strange magics surrounding him. Considering the situation at hand there wasn’t much for him to lose for listening to a Psion’s lesson. Closing his eyes it took a moment for a new world to spring around him. Things were still in black and white but it was more crisp. He could see the many black bodies around him in the hall outlined in a white border. Including the hallway as well. He could also see the lines of the strange magic flowing in the air. But what he focused on was the string of blue fluttering from his form.

Using it as a guide we waved his hand. His consciousness expanded. The white outlines expanded before him as if the render distance of this 3-D dimensional perception was increased. A spark of curiosity prompted him to try out something. Focusing he moved his perception to be above him. In what feels like a strange out of body experience he was now looking down on the ‘map’ from what is a third person perspective. He could see the shape of the hallway, the many bodies littering it, and then himself along with his crew. Finishing taking it all in he then went to have a look at the isometric projection of the room in front of them.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:47 pm
Tulam of course didn't quite mind that he would need extra time to convince Lincoln of his very intelligent ideas, as he was quite a patient person. Besides, the seeds were already growing as he could see, so all was just fine. He did decide to comment at Lincoln's exasperation towards Omnipo's planning, "The arrogance of slaves to control what they do not understand, and yet in turn never realize the threat. Like with me, and with what lies ahead. The idiocy of measuring your power by theoreticals, group fictions, and technology you barely understand! And being powerless on their individual basis, they are entirely unprepared for when their dependencies fail. This is why you are slaves. For even without a master, you are slaves to your own reliance on things you cannot control or comprehend. It's quite fun to watch really!"

As he reached out, he could feel a slight bit of satisfaction from Tulam at Lincoln following the instructions, but primarily from adding his own little spin to it in the process. The Psion enjoyed such curiosity with power. Regardless, as he reached out, he would be able to glimpse into the mess hall. From what he could see, the room was a wreck. Tables were in splinters, bodies littered the room, the walls were cracked, support pillars reduced to rubble, and debris just generally cluttering the room. The unnatural darkness was here too, and even a bit stronger, but fortunately Tulam's power allowed him to see past it without too much issue. That was when he could see the ground quake as something walked back into the mess hall, a massive beast. The creature was gargantuan, and its steps caused the ground below it to tremble. The beast was already certainly formidable, but obvious too were the modifications that were made to it. The Techno-Beast was covered in armor, weapons, and other cybernetic enhancements. It emanated magical power on top of that as well, and from its movements it seemed to be patrolling the area in a feral sense. It grabbed a body of a dead security trooper, ripped off the leg, and consumed it. Its singular, cybernetic eye scanned the room once more, and then it lumbered off towards another door Lincoln couldn't quite see. 

Tulam decided to speak up soon after Lincoln finished seeing the creature leave, offering his explanation, "Ah, Vixgor! I was wondering where they had put my previous vessel after they took me out of him! That, vessel, was my Psicrusher! Good old Vixgor has been with me since before I came to this galaxy, a lovely little creation of mine. I must say, the modifications they made to him are interesting. The technology is primitive but I can't say I disapprove of the attempt! Clearly, they were trying to both control and enhance him. Seems they lost control however in whatever event ruined this facility, and he's gone feral without a Psion to guide him. Very silly of these scientists to think they could control him forever! Poor beast. At least his killing potential is as lovely as ever! As for you, vessel, you should leave. Vixgor will completely destroy you if you go inside and he gets your scent. You only live because I am currently shielding your presence from his psionic senses, and the droids you have with you don't give off any signatures. I can confidently say that you are not nearly close to actually pacifying him! As for me, I could probably control him with some effort, but it's not quite so smart to try while I am stuck in your body. I'll need him later for a proper vessel after all, can't afford to damage him. Still, I bet he's in the way for getting something you need. I can give you some advice on how to do that, but we'll need some practice. You need a better handle on my powers before you run into mortal danger after all! And I think we both know a good place to practice, yes?" With that the Psion's voice faded, although Lincoln could hear the low roar of the Psicrusher in the distance. 

In the real world, Alek looked about, as he had heard the roar as well. He looked to Lincoln for whether or not they wanted to go forward.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:39 pm
Lincoln was giving a blank expression. Staring at the thing as it lumbered around. ”As much I want to argue about what you said. This is just damning.” He was candid in his thoughts. The sheer negligence on all levels was criminal. A given since they just started a civil war only a few short years ago. He looked over to Alek. Shaking his head. Signaling to make a silent retreat they made their way back down the hallway. Coming out into the main hallway he locks the door behind him. He knows it would do squat in stopping that hulking mass of nightmares. It just gives him a small illusion of safety.

He told the droids to go back to their usual routine. Leaving him to go get out of his suit before heading to the bathroom. Spending some time at the sink splashing cold water on his face. Grabbing on to the rim he looked at himself in the mirror. Pondering on his next choice of action. Letting out a breath he went to leave the bathroom.

Lisa was sitting in the kitchen drinking tea when he came in. None made eye contact at first. The morning tension is still hanging in the air. He went to sit at the counter beside her. “Hey.”

She made a noise of acknowledgement but didn’t turn to look. Lincoln rubbed the back of his neck. “It’s nobody fault for what happened earlier. I know we are still finding a common ground between us.”

Another noise came from the scientist but seemed to have already got past it. “You're tense.” She simply noted.

“Heh, yeah. There’s a lot of crazy stuff in this place.” He remarked.

“Wish to go over it?” She offers.

“Not right now. I’m more interested in you. There’s a lot of mysteries about you.” He says.

Finally she made eye contact from the corner of her eye. “Is that so? I suppose it's congenial to see you take the initiative.”

“I can be bold when I want to. I just don’t like making a fuss.” He admits.

Lisa looked back to her cup of tea. Eyes now distant. “That does sound like you.”

He gave a small smile. “And...I also wanted to say I don’t care about what you're hiding. What you are doesn’t scare me”

That had the effect he was hoping for. That hard stare to his question. He can feel her walls going up but before she could rebuke he continued. “I’ve been around this place. Seeing the symptom of the madness that runs through Omnipo. It makes me physically sick to see the consequences of their actions. But I don’t feel that with you, Lisa.”

“Get to the point.” She said sharply. Seemingly feeling he was trying to warm her up for a request.

“There’s a...problem. Okay a really big problem. And I want us to fuse together to combine our talents.” It was handy to have a genuine truth. Lisa seemed to have bought it but seemed disinterested.

“You can do fine without me…” She mumbled. Looking away.

“That’s not for you to decide. Beside, you came here did you not?” Lisa wasn't all that defensive. She gave off the air of resignation. To let whatever happens happen. There was a bit of uncertainty under her stoic mask, along with a tinge of fear. In a sense, much to his displeasure. It felt he was robbing a corpse. That was how little will there was in her eyes.

“Lisa.” He said her name. Reaching over to take her hand into his own. Her brown eyes drift over to their holding hands. “I won’t let you go.”

She was silent. Seconds passed before Lincoln spoke again. “Lisa. I know it sounds strange. But I feel you know I won’t hate you. And you might think you don’t deserve that. But you can’t decide who I can be with now can you?”

She gave a quick breath. “Just get this over with.”

His body slowly dissolves. His grip was the first to fall a part into orange threads that melt into Lisa’s arm. A second later his entire being fell into her. Soaking her petite form in warm, esoteric energy. He felt her give out a shudder. Her fear was more visible. Not knowing what will happen. But at the same time she was readying herself. Desiring for some sort of punishment. With determination he dived into the being that was Lisa.

From Tulam'Run perspective the sea that was Lincoln changed. No longer was it a mess of color and light. It became more defined. Fractal shapes began to take form around him. Lincoln appeared next to him as a mental avatar. He looked over to the Psion with uncertainty but was slowly ebbing away. While he disagrees with parts of his mindset. He can’t lie that the Psion didn’t have good advice. Besides no matter who they may be, they are deserving of some amount of trust.

“Lisa’s being submerged into me. We should have all the time we need to practice.” The Psion would find truth in his words. This place was running on a different scale of time compared to Lisa’s perception of it. Meaning an hour could pass for them when only a second ticked by for her. Who was currently still feeling Lincoln’s essence filling her.

Lincoln looked around. Different, odd shaped fractals formed in the void around them. One was morbid. A sphere of anubite spirits in pieces. Their eyes empty. One seems to be composed out of surgical needles with multi-colored fluids. And another looming beneath them was a fractal monolith of bones. In a sense, these were “bubbles of a person’s memory” in the sea that was Lincoln’s consciousness.

“Give me a moment here.” Lincoln noted to the Psion as he willed the many fractals to flow together into one concrete mass. Turning it into a large, jade rubix cube with strange glyphs adorning it. It floated down between them. The crystallization of Lisa’s soul.

The Psion would notice a few things off the bat. The glyphs were not natural. They looked to be as if they were carved into it. A representation of something done Lisa. That and for a soul this long lived. It doesn’t seem as appetizing as it should to a Psion.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:30 am
Tulam's avatar looked down at Lincoln's with amusement. The Psion was a larger creature in the representation, but he shrunk himself down a bit so as to be more on the smaller being's level. After all, in the mindscape it wasn't hard to change his projection, and being tall wouldn't help for what was to come. He glanced about in amusement, and then nodded, his speech being more direct and less ethereal now that they were both in the same area, "All the time we shall need, yes. Time to give you a tutorial, vessel! Let's see how well you can do. Now, let's get an idea of what I am dealing with here."

With that, he pulled the large cube over to him. Lincoln would notice it shrinking as it flew over, and the Psion caught it with one hand. He seemed to be looking it over, and got visibly excited at it. As he played around with it using his fingers, he spoke, "Yes, yes... This is a modification! Lovely work, I'll have to admit. This was done by somebody who knew what they were doing, which makes it ever more important for me to get a better handle on it. I'll figure you out yet, little soul. Now, as for your lesson vessel... You already made a mistake! This!" He held up the cube to Lincoln's face, waving it in front of him, and then waggling a finger in disapproval, "So quick to put it all into one, so very basic. You'll never make any progress like this! So silly, but I suppose this is the duty of a teacher! Watch."

He held up the cube with one hand, and with the other he seemed to poke it with a finger. But as he pulled the finger out, a little bubbled memory came with it. From looking at it, it was in fact a very recent memory. Just the memory of Lincoln of stating that he was more interested in Lisa than the situation, a very simple little scene he would see repeating, "All beings are culminations of memories and emotions. These influence how we construct our view of the world. Now, I have a perfect grasp on my memories, but most slaves like yourself and this lady do not. What's important here in this memory is not the images or knowledge, it's the emotions. Feel it. You can taste so many little things. Apprehension, worry, curiosity. A bit of fear perhaps? This, you see, can be changed. Watch." With his finger, he made a little burst of pinkish energy into the memory bubble, and then put it back into the cube, "The memory is the same as it always was on the factual level. You told her you were interested in her, and she reacts. All I did there was slightly adjust the feelings she will remember, both consciously and unconsciously, at that moment. Why be apprehensive, when instead she can feel a bit excited that you are curious about her? Why have fear... When you have a little desire to share? These small changes seem tiny, inconsequential, but they influence how somebody will act into the future. As they consider their past actions and how they felt, it changes what they will want to do going forward. This little change will make her more willing to speak with you about herself. And I can do plenty more..."

He then tossed the cube to Lincoln, and continued, "Of course the other option is removal, but that can be a bit dangerous if you're aiming to keep the test subject alive. There are things one can remove safely however. I'll just take those for myself I think, they're safer with me. But first, you need to practice a bit. Try what I just did with another recent memory. Don't try and look through her entire memory, your poor mortal mind will be annihilated. You don't have the training to handle that much information so quickly. Just look through some recent things, some interactions you've had in the recent times. And just insert a few little things. Add a little joy when you look or smile at her, a little wish to continue a conversation. This should be good little practice for you."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:03 pm
Lincoln didn’t feel too bad for making a mistake. After all his experience with stuff like this is nil. Meanwhile Tulam'Run’s life is practically built to be a master of the mind. So of course there would be a massive skill gap. That and he was only here one before. It was hard for him to differentiate between dimensions. He was very much an infant who didn't know how to walk yet. Looking around him he could tell his inner world of sorts is a mess. Given he’s going to be here more often he decides to act on a gut instinct he has been having.

The cube floated in his palm. Lifting it up he went to clasp his other hand on top of it in a prayer gesture. Closing his eyes he could still see it in the back of his skull. The yawning expanse of color and light. The corridor that he came out of. Tulam’Run words about his “mortal little mind” hung to the side. In a bout of introspection he can feel there is an inkling of truth to it. What he came from, and now a part of. Is too much for his comprehension. The abstract sea and later the fractals was his subconscious attempt to understand it. But it was struggling. So he focuses on clearing his mind. Deep vibrations were heard. The sea gave way to the corridor beneath. For it was always there. A part of him. The flow of colors came to a halt. Receding into his clasped hands.

The vibrations stopped. At least in a metaphorical sense. There were vibrations, sure, but not as loud. They were in a void now. No light, no heat, no particles. Lincoln sharpened his focus. If he couldn’t comprehend what it is, he just needed to change it into something that he can understand. He let go of his hands. In the cube place was a pinprick of light. And then, he let go of the stream again, but much more slowly. The pinprick exploded in a violent display of cosmological power. In a matter of seconds a simulation of the universe birth played out before them. Lincoln watched as it spread out to fill the void. Clouds of matter collapsing to form galaxies. The sea was no longer an abstract mass of colors. But of numberless galaxies. Between them was the scarlet galaxy that is Hoshizora. Lisa’s soul was still there. He changed how he looked at it.

Tulam’Run would discern that for a simulated galaxy it felt strangely a live one. Not the real one of course. He would tell that to someone who hasn't looked at a star map in his life. The universe around them was accurate, extremely so. Now Lincoln was looking at it all from afar his mind won’t hang like a computer trying to process everything. He sees Lincoln look down at the radiant galaxy. A large swath of stars were more luminous. Systems that Lisa has been to. From a glance she has been to quite a lot of places across the galaxy. Lincoln was getting an intuitive conviction of understanding what is before him little by little. Taking his time to adapt. His blue eyes became luminous.

“I feel a sense for her age. 1,175 years...1,175 years. Proskal, so long.” He spoke softly. Now fully understand what Tulam’Run meant. His eyes were faintly bothering him and he hadn't looked closely yet. Focus on the recent stuff he reminds himself. He shifts his eyes to a certain quadrant of the galaxy. There in the Iammelon nebula he could see the Iska system. As if he was using the strongest binoculars in the universe he could see Avalantus in vivid detail. The longer he looked at it resulted in cracks popping up around it. The true infinite peeking out of it to flood him with information. Making a conscious effort to block it out the cracks vanish. Using feeling he set his focus on the underground city. Everything around the facility dulled out. Leaving him a clear vision of the 3-D layout of the factory of horrors. Only the first section of course as that’s the place he’s focusing on.

Now that everything else was blocked out he could focus more on a certain area. He could feel Lisa’s soul on the world line. The different textures of the emotions in her. Guilt and paranoia were the most prominent. Guilt for what he has a strong sense of is about him. And paranoia of a small group of people finding them. Getting a better grip on the information it came to him. Lisa was his sister. Understandably the shock brought him out of it. Taking a moment to process it. It now highlights the strange sensations he's been getting ever since he met her. The picture of what happened was becoming clearer. A peek down to pinpoint the source of the guilt showed him what he feared. Lisa killed him. Since then the guilt hung off her bones like an iron cloak.

True to his words earlier. This didn’t make him feel any sort of resentment towards her. He knows she is guilty. And he could feel that she only did it because she had no choice. She wanted to be with him in death. He shifted his focus back to the present. Eyes flick over to her paranoia that are centered on nine individuals. Information came to him. He has nine other sisters. Who they are he doesn’t know yet. But he could feel the contempt between every one of them. Especially the mutual hatred towards Lisa. Who is paranoid that they will eventually discover him and try to take him. Making her struggle on whether or not she should force his progress. She didn’t want to see him get hurt again.

Shifting back his perspective to look down at the facility. He went to practice what the Psion said. The first course of action was her guilt and paranoia. He believes what Tulam’Run said that removal was dangerous. That and he could see the reasons behind it. Namely emotion of anything in itself is not a bad thing. Even things like guilt and paranoia can actually be a healthy thing. The universal problem is letting it consume you. Reaching out with his senses he deafen those main emotions to not have them be as overpowering. To not control them and be omnipresent in every waking hour. That step was done he went to start tinkering her outlook.

She had wanted to be with him in death. So she should feel joyous in reuniting with her brother. That she can own up her mistake by never being split by his side ever again. She has found her peace. At last she can rest her weary head. Her life up to this point might have been hollow. But now, she can truly live a life with Lincoln. The wait has been worth it. As for the paranoia. He makes use of her rationality. For she knows they wouldn’t find them for a while. He made her focus more on what is in front of her. Nothing else matters in the present moment. Not the galaxy, not these sisters, not her past. Only that they have each other. That they will never be parted ever again.

There is one instance he wanted to see. Going down her world line a tad he looked at the moment she was giving him a physical. As he thought she was enjoying it. Relishing the feeling of physically touching her brother after so long. Thinking on it he decided to sow a seed of lust so that it may grow naturally over time as Tulam’Run instructed. Over time whenever they are close together that primal urge will grow. To enjoy the hugs that he gave her. For it was a valuable confirmation that he was real, that he wasn’t a figment of a shattered psyche. There was no shame in taking advantage of Lincoln by spending more time than it was necessary. It was perfectly understandable and she knows that he understands. Only natural after all. Even he feels it’s right to love her. She is his sister. Why wouldn’t he love her?

Overlooking her entire stay he went to do small things. Combining their interactions whether they be talking together, eating together, and ect. Make her feel that she’s not doing this out of some misguided sense of penance. But because she genuinely wants to be with Lincoln. To be equal partners working together. Brightening up her days instead of having them be dreary. That waking up every day doesn’t feel like a slog. Placing small things in moments where he felt appropriate.

Feeling proud of his work he looks over Lisa once more. Realizing one other important aspect that he saw she was lacking. Looking deeper into Lisa he was glad he acted on his instinct. There, stewing in apathy and misery. Is the corpse of her wonder, inspiration, and imagination. It came to him that someone made an example out of her. Gave her so much brilliance that it outshines everyone in the galaxy. But like a dog trapped chained to a post. Her passion was murdered. Strangled. Akin to how producers burn out and develop mental issues due to oppressive working conditions. To any scholar and artisan, that is a fate worse than death.

Lisa hates science. It served as nothing but a grim mockery of her failure. To make her painfully aware of just how powerless she is. That even with omniscience she can’t do anything to turn back the clock. Her intelligence is nothing more than a torture device. But not if Lincoln has anything to say about it. Fiddling with variables so that when she first stepped through that gate. Life was slowly returning to that corpse the more she’s around Lincoln. Regain confidence that with her amplified intelligence she can be of use for her brother. To enjoy sharing what she knows with him.

Taking off the metaphorical binoculars he looked up to Tulam'Run on the other side of the simulated Hoshizora. Eyeing him as a student would when turning in an assignment. Overall he was still processing the fact that he has multiple sisters. It wasn’t something one takes lightly after all.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:05 am
Tulam was silent and allowed Lincoln to work and do as he pleased, working only with the instructions and advice the Psion had given him prior. It was pretty clear that he was a rather hands-off style teacher, quite alright with letting Lincoln feel around and figure out things for himself. He simply glanced about to observe the progress as it was made, seeming rather amused as Lincoln did his little edits but making no comments yet.

The Psion only finally spoke once Lincoln looked to him and finishing his work, getting a smirk from the Psion, "Well somebody seems to have already known what they wanted to look for! And what little additions you wanted, oh hoh hoh... You'll be a fascinating one, vessel. But you have done well. Your alterations to her memories will make her more compliant and open to you, and the little seed you have planted, combined with my own, will do well to encourage a rather fascinating form of loyalty. A good first batch of practice! I'll have a bit more to do first, but before I do that... You're curious ain't ya? I have a much better grasp on these memories, combined with some of yours that you can't get to! So, I know about those additional nine sisters. It seems your entire family is quite modified by something, something I am curious about as well. And if the information I have gathered from this one is right, they are all likely troubled individuals at heart, all suffering from not having you around. I am sure you can agree this is quite the poor spot, yes? Fortunately for you, I am here! We can accomplish some important goals. We can find your sisters, and then I can work my magic to fix them all up. In addition, we can figure out more about the something that modified all of you, wouldn't that be lovely? I'm quite curious about them myself. And if some good is done in the process, isn't that all for the better? Just keep it in mind."

He then nodded, "Now, a few more things to do before we back out of this place. Now, what you have done here is enough to start the development, but that can be taken off course if you are not careful. So, we must reinforce your changes! This can be done in a variety of ways. One is simply doing more of these little session, and making adjustments as needed. This is easy enough to do if you simply add some feelings of peace and calm in association with these sessions, making the subject's own reinforced new behavior pleasurable to them. By making the reinforcement sessions enjoyable, they slip further and further into your influence. Make it good enough and they'll subconsciously become an assistant in their own reformation. But of course there is not always the time for full on reinforcement. This is how I can help." He then created a small ball of blue magic, and pushed it onto the soul-cube. It created a new glyph, and then the Psion smiled, "And now, marked. This is something very few can do, but I am a Psion! I can make little connections with other souls in order to gain influence over them, which I have just done now. I shall be benevolent and allow you to use this connection for yourself. It doesn't give you the same influence as a full session such as this, but it allows minor reinforcement of emotions. A little burst of happiness, sadness, guilt, pleasure... These basic emotions you can use to provide feedback real time to somebody. Now this technique of connections only works once we have a full on session with somebody, I can't do this until have direct access to their soul. But once the connection is made, it's hard to break without great psionic knowledge and power! I generally use it to mark my property, but in this case I suppose you can say this is just a way of... ensuring things go well. A safeguard. Now, if you like you can make any additional adjustments you'd like, but I think we can back out for now and see how well you've done when this lady is active."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:47 pm
It was strange that he felt accomplished. Especially being complimented by a Psion. Those Proscorine movies really did paint them in one brushstroke. From what little he glimpsed in the history books. They greatly valued their individualism so it wouldn’t make sense if they were all the same. Rubbing the back of his neck he gave an awkward expression. “I suppose I did a little bit. It came naturally to me. I believe I did what was best for her.” Information was still trickling into him. She did a lot of bad things as a result of what was done to her. There was nothing sacred that she didn’t dissect.  “She’ll be happier this way. I can feel it.” He remarked before watching him tinker with the simulation. Creating a fictional satellite galaxy orbiting Hoshizora. A representation of Lisa’s soul so he could plant his glyph. A nebula formed in the newly created green galaxy that took the shape of the mark. Considering the factors involved he reluctantly agrees that a safeguard is necessary. “Okay then. Last thing to do is go through with the fusion.” Otherwise it would be awkward to stop halfway and he would have to lie why he did so. That and he felt the need to make his own connections.

Lincoln’s avatar pops away. Leaving the Psion in the now universal mindscape instead of the abstract sea it was before. Time resumed. Two souls reached a state of equilibrium. Out in the physical world the room shuddered under the cosmological vibrations coming from the shining form. The cocoon of light flaked away. Revealing a naked androgynous figure with no sexual genitals in its place. Their skin the shimmering color of sunset. Eyes a well of stars. A dekeract symbol adorns their forehead. They floated in the air. A smile grace their lips. Hugging themselves as a cascade of ecstasy thunder through them.

The sensation was similar to the time before with Vega who fused into an aerodynamic transformer. They were getting high off each other's highs and it felt amazing. So much so that Lincoln could barely give much effort to hold Vega back a bit during the warehouse shootout. No one died, but they certainly wished they had. All of the thugs became cripples for life. The difference here is that he was holding Lisa closer to him. And that made a world of a difference.

Lisa’s soul was bathed in the primordial waters of creation. Power in the truest sense of the word flooded her metaphorical veins. Fundamentally changing her. The Entity glyphs were eroding away. Breaking down from the wall of cosmic force that was Lincoln’s will. Lisa is his sister. She belongs to him. Thus, his decree was law. New glyphs that signify Lincoln’s testament appeared in its place. The glyph that the Psion planted was being soaked with feedback energy. Strengthening it. Lincoln let their glyphs hum in union.

Lisa never felt so at peace before in her life. While she has no clue about Lincoln’s mentor. Everything else came to her. And in turn everything she ever was is open to her brother. Their essence intertwined with each other. She felt good. Loved and understood. In this moment she felt closer to him than she had with anyone else in her life. Then she sees what he sees. Gazing down to all of its majesty. ”Aah, nothing ends. Nothing ever ends.” The fused being spoke in awe. Their two voices became one.

A nanosecond pass and they became aware of the present moment. They could visibly see the amalgamation of science to the distance. Even to the point of seeing the oxygen particles in its flamer. But they shift their focus away. Looking over the corpses strewn around the room and hallway. With a wave they vanish. The lobby lit up with quantum light as it suddenly became rather full with coffins. Each with a name engraved onto them. In the Droid Power Bay it was doused in cosmic light as neat piles of droid parts were placed on the ground.  

”Haah, everything is so resplendent now. So intricate. It makes me want to see it all albeit I ken there is no point in rushing. For sempiternity is at my feet.” They spun in the air. Enjoying the sensation of being together so sublimely. It didn’t fail to come to them that certain people would have felt their fused state. But no fear rests on their heart. They were together again. So let them come. Have them throw the worst at them. For no matter what happens. The siblings of Zvonimir are now together to the end.

As Lisa felt from Lincoln. They have a responsibility to stay. And now they learned more about the obstacle before them. It was time to part ever so slightly. Their form gives a brighter glow as it splits back into two. On the floor Lincoln was on his knees. Embracing Lisa who was laying onto him. Her head resting against his chest. In hindsight a amusing reversion of a moment similar to this.

Neither of them said anything. Taking the moment in each other's arms. Lisa seemed to be sleeping. Sporting the most restful face she ever gave in a long time. Then while not opening her eyes she spoke in a calm but not as lifeless tone. “Do you genuinely want me here?” It wasn’t a true question. She already knows the answer deep down. It just feels nice to have a vocal assurance.

“Mmm, I don’t see why not. In a way you saved us didn’t you?” Lincoln started. Threading his fingers through her short brown hair. “You may have sent me away for a long time. People got hurt. But in the end this would not have happened if it weren’t for you. We wouldn’t be holding each other like this. You did it Lisa. We are free.” Like the long reunited siblings they were, they hug each other in a firmer embrace.

Later they got each other to their feet. Noticeably clingy mostly as a result of feeling the effect of post-fusion.  Alek came in understandably concerned about the strange occurrences around the facility. Lincoln gave him a nondescript run down that he and Lisa fused to quickly give the bodies a burial and then sent him on his way. Leaving the siblings alone again in the kitchen.

The two remained very close to each other. So much so that Lisa’s fragrant hair can almost tickle his cheek. “When we head to bed. Would you like to cuddle?” Lincoln weaved his fingers through hers and squeezed, giving her a reassuring smile.

Her ghost-of-a-smile turned into a full-blown smile, and her face positively glowed. "Yes, Lincoln. I would like that very much." Hand in hand they left the kitchen. The past no longer haunts either of them. They now walk to a brighter future together.

Back in the cosmic mindscape. Lincoln’s avatar reappeared before the Psion. He was visibly happy. And while he is still treating his tenant with a healthy degree of caution. There were no longer any doubts surrounding what Tulam’Run suggested. “I’ll be honest. You’re not among the first picks of who I want to co-pilot with. But you make an exception. If we’re going to be on this road for awhile. I can feel it’ll be a great ride.” He looked down at Hoshizora. He reunited with one of his sisters. Now they need to be patient and plan out ways to find the others. It’s his duty as a brother to bring them together after all.

On the outside the two siblings were on the couch in the security room. Chatting sweet nothings before Lisa decided to point out the literal elephant in the nearby room. “On other matters. That Techno-Psicrusher is an impressive creation. Considering everything else here it's safe to verbalize this facility was one of the facility main think tanks. There may very well be many secrets as hazardous as that down here.”

“Can’t disagree with you there.” Lincoln hum in agreement. The Psion’s former vessel was horrifying. It was a beast built for only one singular purpose. An existence geared to thrive in the battlefield.

“We don't have to stay here you know? You're not obligated to emaculate a defunct company.” A futile gesture she knew. Lincoln wasn’t the sort of person to step away from doing the right thing. She was just worried about him.

Lincoln gave a warm smile. “At this point I have no interest in having their legacy live on in me. We’ll use this place for something else. Heck, it could be our place.” He suggested before his mind drift to other things. “That said. We do need to find a way to lock that thing down.” A bit tricky when one of the conditions is to not harm it (even if they could) in any way.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:45 pm
As he thought about locking down the Psicrusher, Tulam's avatar appeared in front of Lincoln. He looked quite amused, and this would also be a time in which Lincoln could confirm that only he could currently see the Psion, as Lisa would see and hear nothing. He crossed his arms and got smug, "Trying to tie down poor Vixgor? Shame on you, vessel! But you are quite right in the end. You need to make some more progress in this facility! That card you got allowed you into the region Vixgor now treads, and I saw on the sign that one of the rooms in the area was an admin room! Perhaps the card you need is in there, but that of course means you'll have to sneak past my precious Vix. Now, you can't beat him, imprison him, or control him. You're far too squishy and weak! Not nearly strong enough to face him. But... I have an idea of how to get around him! How do you feel about being a bit sneaky? This'll be great practice for my powers. I will teach you how to shield your presence from other beings, and cloak your appearance. Effectively invisibility, very sneaky! If you're brave enough we can give it a try."

He then paused, "Well, perhaps I should let you get some rest before pushing you towards a potential violent demise. Alright, you'll get to sleep first, and then we can practice in the morning. And then, sneaking past Vixgor to get that card. I suppose however the least I can do is help you along in this matter. Tire you out enough to get you to sleep. I have an idea, muhahahaha... I wonder how you will take this, given what you have already done." His avatar faded from sight, returning into his mind. But the connection to Lisa the Psion had left behind flared up, and he worked his own magic. He decided to make the thought of the Psicrusher fade from Lisa's mind, and focus more on Lincoln, and decided to bring up the augmented thoughts about the physical inspection Lincoln had adjusted earlier. Bringing it, and the feelings now associated with it, back to the forefront. He also decided to leave behind a little feeling of heat, just to top it off. And then he simply faded to watch what happened between the two, not informing Lincoln of what he had done.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:25 pm
Their conversation came to a halt when Morris came in to notify them that dinner is ready. The two siblings look at each other. It has been getting rather late, After everything today they both knew it was for the best to rest up in a symbolic sense. The two got off the couch. Heading over to the kitchen once more they sat at the prepared table. With Lincoln generously putting out the food on the plates it left Lisa with some time to think. Her sharp eyes take in her brother’s form.

She had forgotten this feeling. After their communion in the kitchen mere hours ago, Lisa had been unable to think of little else aside from her brother, pausing again and again in her discourse with him to savor the memory of being held in his arms, and to linger over his soft, encouraging words. She was aware, of course, that he was not stupid, but she was surprised by his insights and by the depth of his thoughts.

There used to be a smidge of worry when she read about him in the system during those two days. Riding with less stellar individuals wasn’t something she correlated with Lincoln as he was way back when. Much to her relief his moral framework seems intact albeit perhaps more empathetic in certain areas. He was more profound than he looked at first glance, and Lisa found that very attractive, his blood relation to her notwithstanding.

She had never been in love prior, not even once in her entire lifetime, so it was uncharted territory. She'd found males aesthetically pleasing, but she had not, as far as she could recall, felt for them as she felt now for Lincoln. It was the same sensation she felt when they were young and the universe didn’t seem as hopeless. Calling up an image of his face made her heart race, and remembering the warmth he exuded as he consoled her today before, the gentle timbre of his voice, the feeling of his fingers running through her hair…

Where was she again?

Oh, right - those things made her feel like a bubbling liquid in a beaker and brought a slow, lazy smile to her usually neutral lips. Those things were divorced from sexual desire, though his holding her for the very first time a few days ago was a turn on. Had her fantasies, as they were, been strictly confined to physical matters, she could have passed them off as pure, dumb, biological urges, but they were not. Over the course of these past few days, she had observed a strange and unsettling phenomena in her cardiac organ accompanied by gastrointestinal distress, sleeplessness, and a general breakdown in mental faculties, all of which were exacerbated by Lincoln's presence. She didn't know exactly what being in love felt like, but from what she'd heard second hand, it was very much like this.

Something, maybe the superstitious "morality" inborn in all people, told her that she should be alarmed and disgusted with herself, but she was not, as she understood that genetics mean very little until you combine them. She and Lincoln were two different people with two different genetic make-ups that were similar given their relation, but not identical. If they were to attempt to procreate, there would be an issue, but otherwise...what difference did it make? And even if it was an issue. She can negate the risks to the point of making them a moot concern.

Her heart beat a throbbing rhythm and her stomach rumbled with nerves. They were eating dinner. Holding up idle chatter to stall the inevitable. Lincoln was a beautiful individual, everything one could want in a potential partner. She’d read reports about sexual tension between employees of opposing gender in small places for long periods of time. And her fantasies can’t seem to help but roll with it.

She wanted to win him over, to earn his love and affection the way a normal woman would win and earn the feelings of a normal man. Science had been her life entire, and of science she had grown bored...even, perhaps, a tad disdainful. Science was, in a way, like a disease, and Lincoln was the happiness he woke inside of her as well, and the peace was the cure.

Her dilemma at hand is a common one that plagued many lovestruck fools such as herself. Insecurity. Not from fear regarding her crimes against nature. No, that is water under the bridge now. The plight is originating from how she looked. She was unattractive. Her features were plain, her hair a matted mess, and her face consumed almost entirely by Coke bottle glasses that she once found charming, but now loathed. Lincoln was a heartfelt individual, and thus was not the type of man to be "hung up" on appearance. If her homely face was the primary obstacle, she would be far, far better off.

Setting aside her flaws for the moment, she knew nothing about that peculiar ritual called courtship. She was not known for being forthright with her emotions, but she had always found it easiest to speak one's mind frankly. If she was hungry, she said so. If she wanted to go outside for fresh air, she said so. Clear and direct communication is the key, she believed, to harmonious human relationships. The thought of sitting Lincoln down and telling him how she felt, as though she were simply telling him that she was tired and explaining why, however, filled her stomach with cold, clutching dread. From what little she knew, one does not simply state their romantic intentions for another, at least not outright, and at least not at first. It is supposed to be implicit. She did not do well with subtly, thus she did not think she could pull off a conventional pursuit.

Of course, backing up for a moment, she and Lincoln were already familiar with each other on a far grander level compared to when they were children, unlike, for example, two not-related lovers. A boy sees a girl from across the room, finds her attractive, then approaches her and begins to talk to her so that he may learn more about her and thereby determine if she is worth pursuing. But they were certainly not strangers, they reconnected on a level that she still have trouble processing. They opened their very soul to one another. There were underlying affections and feelings of fondness, tenderness, etc. They did not, then, have to build from the ground up, as there was already a fairly solid foundation on which to erect a romantic discourse.

Not only that. But one could say they were made for each other. It is claimed that one hemisphere of one's brain is more dominant than the other, each one having its own traits and characteristics. For example, someone who is said to be left-brained is more logical, detail-oriented, numerical, and analytical while the right-brained are more creative, free-thinking, and better equipped to "see the big picture." Lisa was left-brained and Lincoln was right. Looking at it fancifully, it was as though they were two halves of the same whole, and, indeed, even completed each other.

A tiny smile touched her lips as she set her fork down. Having completed eating her meal. They were a lot alike in many ways, and different in others, they compared and contrasted perfectly with each other, like two puzzle pieces.

Her stomach fluttered sickly. Thoughts of him were like quicksand, the longer she was mired in them, the deeper she sank, and the more she fought, the faster she sank. In her mind as in her heart, Lincoln held sway.

Alright, damn it, enough.

It was senseless to waste time fretting over this. They were both consensual able adults. Both now understand each other more than anyone else. The only logical step is being honest to her emotions. Sure she admits she was marginally afraid of rejection. That was a natural fear. Yet it felt subdued. Some deep part of her told her that she had nothing to fear. So she was inclined to believe this so-called “gut feeling”. Determination fills her as she helps clean the dishes. That done they both head to bed. Only this time, Lincoln is joining her in the barracks. The thought alone sent a warm wave against her lions.

If there was one thing she was certain of, it’ll be a long night for the two of them.

They later reconvene in the barracks. Both having stripped to their undergarments. Lincoln sat on the edge of the bed in his black boxers. The sight of his legging being taunt over her gluteus maximus didn’t go by Lisa who was also sitting on the bed beside him. Sporting dull, grey underwear. For a while neither of them tried to start the conversation. Both took glances at each other in their periphery vision. At last the youngest broke the silence.

“During our emotional fusion. And laying there afterwards, when you held me in your arms, I...I felt somewhat aroused, but more...I felt good. I felt...loved and understood. I felt closer to you than I have ever been to anyone else in my life, and I very much enjoyed it." She broke off and laid her hand on the bed, a hair's breadth separating it from his. "It's not entirely rational, but, Lincoln, I...I believe that I am in love with you."

The words hung heavy in the air between them; Lincoln's nervous system was going understandably haywire, he did truly love Lisa. But as they say. Saying it and doing it are two different things. Lisa lifted her head and favored him with anxious eyes. All at once, his stomach knotted, and he was finally able to reach out and capture a feeling like a dangling wire.

Tentatively, unsurely, he laid his hand on the back of Lisa's and stared at them, unable to yet meet her eyes. She drew a sharp, startled breath through her teeth and looked at him. "I've been feeling kind of...kind of similar," he admitted. "I don't...I don't know what exactly, but...it's something I don't think I ought to feel." He flicked his eyes to her, and a sly smile played at the corners of her lips.

"You're an amazing man, Lincoln, and what you feel is not, as others might suggest, unseemly. We are both consenting adults who love each other. The judgement of other people has no value to us, no power over the present. I am desirous of enjoying the intimacy that comes along with it. Would you...like to make love to me?" Their hands now weaving together. Squeezing in anticipation.

For what felt like forever he finally gave a smile. “For you. I would do anything.” But first they need to build up to the mood. They were in love. Not lustful animals in heat...yet. Pulling away from her, Lincoln stretched out on his side, and she curled up against him, her butt pressing against below his wait and her fragrant hair in his face. He draped one arm over her hip, slipped the other between her and the mattress, and held her close. She felt good in his arms, right, and a contented smile skipped across his lips.

"This is nice," she said after a while.

"Yes it is," he said, and kissed the back of her head. "How do you feel? Otherwise?"

She didn't immediately reply. "In regards to my mental and emotional state?"

"Yes."

She tilted her head back, and her hair tickled his nose. "Good," she said. "I feel very good."

That made Lincoln smile. "Good." He pecked the back of her neck. "I love you, Lisa."

"And I love you, Lincoln." For a decent amount of time they laid together in peace. Relishing listening to each other’s calm breaths and melodic heartbeats. An hour must have pass before they became more active. Starting to move more often in repose to the heat building up within them.

"Haah…" A low, content sigh left her lips as she lays on the bed sheet in bliss. Giving a throaty purr as she felt the very finely toned body of her love above her, gently caressing her in a loving cuddle. It was rather endearing to her to a degree, for her brother to be such an affectionate person. He always was a romantic when they were kids who loved to give his sisters hugs. And it seems that trait persists to this day.

Not that she complains of course, she very much enjoys this slow, sensual grind of skin against skin. Of simply basking in his warmth. Listening to the rhythmic beat of his heart. The fact that he was here at all, to be able to physically touch and hold. Was all she desired, for life had not been gentle to them. The former having had to live over a thousand years without her dear brother.

She supports his philosophy of being cooperative and sacrificing for the sake of others, truly does. Yet to her shame she could not help but harbor that sliver of selfishness that desire Lincoln to not always charge headlong into danger, to stay by her side and be safe. But that wouldn't be right, it would be a betrayal to the qualities that she found wonderful in Lincoln. Despite her faith in him to always come out of situations alive, her small fears briefly come and go whenever he went anywhere without her. Her woes evaporate away from the right hand that is currently making its fourth trip down her back. An act that she gave a pleased moan too.

While the uncertain future does worry her, she pushes those thoughts away. All that matters was the here, the now. Lincoln is alive, in her arms and in her bed. Wrapping her bare arms around Lincoln she held him tight to her to bury her face into the crook of his neck. Their legs became intertwined with each other in a leisurely manner. A moan reverberated in the air only this time is was by Lincoln as he was hugged by Lisa.

"Aaah…" Lisa gave a soft, blissful exclamation as Lincoln started to leave a trail of butterfly kisses from her temple to up her neck in a steady pace. He made a proper kiss on her cheekbone that made Lisa purr. He slightly drew his head back, his blue eyes locking to the gaze of Lisa’s brown eyes. Passion clearly evident in their gaze.

"Can I kiss you, Lisa?" He spoke in a soft, caring voice. Lisa stared back at him with lidded eyes, she reached hand up to the back of his neck and pulled him down to her, answering his question with a kiss. Lincoln groaned softly from the bottom of his throat as he began kissing Lisa. He kisses her in the slow careful manner that he always treat her with, but it was not something that now fans Lisa burning desire. Her arms held him harder against her, grinding their bodies together as they deeply kissed. More intense as seconds tick by.

Using the arm around his back she tugged, making them roll on the bed so that she was on top. They continued to kiss and caress each other with restrained passion, both knowing the walls are thin. But at this point what would it matter if the Hoplites learn of their infraction?

Minutes pass with the lovebirds simply making out in their embrace. Eventually the kissing slowed down as they tired themselves from the physical stimulation. It ended with Lisa setting her face down back to the crook of Lincoln's neck and simply lay there. Lincoln gave one last, happy groan as he felt Lisa soft breathing on his neck. Their bodies remain tangled.

"I love you Lincoln, so much…" Lisa softly says to Lincoln, eyes closed as she lulls herself to sleep to the rise and fall of his chest. To the song of their beating hearts. Never in her life would she consider these to be her most precious sounds, the sounds of someone precious being alive. Certainly not after what she did.

"I love you too Lisa, you are so important to me." Lincoln replies in the same loving tone. He never did dream of him being in this scenario. laying in bed in the warm embrace of his sister he didn’t know he till today and he couldn't be more grateful.

"Mmm…" Lisa gave a sleepy moan as she nuzzles her cheek against Lincoln to which he smiles at the affectionate display. He moved one of his hands that were resting on her back to start massaging it. Gently kneading her back muscles with his firm fingers.

"Haah, that feels...amazing linc. Thank...you" Lisa speech became more incomprehensible as both bliss and sleepiness enshrouds her mental state. Lincoln continued to stroke Lisa’s back, taking enjoyment of bringing his sister to peaceful sleep. As he lay there, feeling the weight of Lisa's entire form against him. He could not help but become misty eyed out of happiness. So happy to meet such a wonderful person. And to have the honor in healing her.

Lincoln arms wrapped around Lisa again to hug her. His eyes started to drift shut to the sight of brown hair that obscured half his vision. Sleep does not come immediately, so he waits for that moment by passing the time with focusing on Lisa’s mint body perfume that wafts into his nose. It was a pleasant scent that in the combination of being intertwined with her is a rapturous experience.

"I...love...you." Lincoln let out in a quiet whisper. So close to sleep that he was unaware of Lisa seemly hearing him by slightly tightening her embrace, sleepily nuzzling into him like a kitten with a peaceful smile on her face.

Time passes again. Sleep did not come yet to the new couple. A certain third party ignited a small flare of heat in their bodies. Rousing them from the precipice of sleep. Lisa scoot upward. Placing her knees on either side of him. Sickly heat radiated from between her legs in waves and natural lubricant trickled down the insides of her thighs like rivers of lava.

Arousal stir within Lincoln well. Returning Lisa’s half-lidded gaze with his own. The act of her straddling made his manhood strain against the prison that was his boxers. Yearning to ingress into the deepest chambers of her body. “You’re beautiful Lisa.” He spoke wordlessly. Their steamy emotions resonating with each other. He watches her give a smile as she unclips her bra. Discarding it to the side before learning down. Capturing his lips into her own.

Minutes blurred into hours. The sibling turned lovers fell into a slow, steady tempo. They didn’t have sex for sexs sake. Of course not, they mean more to each other than that. Spending the majority of the time spent on foreplay. Telling each other how they feel. Almost kiss to breathe in and out at opposite times to trade breaths. Their limbs never seem to separate for long. Holding hands as they then kiss each other heavily. Tongues in a gentle dance with each other.

They liked playing the kissing game while exchanging sweet nothings. One had to lie down on the bed. And the other would proceed to kiss them. On the mouth, the cheeks, the forehead, the collarbone, the eyelids, the neck, hands, knees, and all the erogenous zones The catch is that the recipient has to stay totally still. They can't move, or touch you, or try to kiss the other back. When one kissed their partner from head to toe, switch places. They might be getting a bit addicted to kissing.

It did get more wet over time. The escalation of hot emotions coming and going throughout the night. Lincoln was very fond of body worship. To make Lisa feel loved through every inch of her. He liked being on his stomach the most because when he place his hands in her fleshy hips he scoots closer to make erotic sounds rumble out of Lisa’s mouth as he pleasured her. Getting wild off of her sweet aroma. He would pause from time to time to attack her thighs with slippery kisses just to let her know how horny she was. Make her roll her hips against his mouth. Humping his face with vigor.

Sometime during the mating ritual they migrated to a different bed. Having drenched the first in too much sweat and other bodily fluids to be comfortable laying in. They continued heavily kissing each other. Holding hands so firmly that the sweat makes it feel as it’s melding together. Love is truly relative for time seems to have lost all meaning. It helps a bit that they were using a trickle of their respective quirks to fuel their stamina. Enabling them to write their declaration of love on each other skin with their body for a longer period of time than normally possible.

It was early in the morning that the two finally began to wound down. Their pent up emotions are spent. Hot and sweaty they laid next to each other. Holding each other's hand as they cool off. Lisa was still experiencing the last orgasm rippling through her body. A perk that the female form has over the other gender. A fact that Lincoln enjoyed. Seeing Lisa drown in pleasure was a big turn on.

They should get a shower to clean off. But neither seem to wish to get up. When they cooled off enough, Lisa crawled over to slide atop of Lincoln. The friction of their naked flesh sent goosebumps across both of them. Her lover shudders at the sensation. Wrapping his arms around her waist. Lisa hooks her arms under his own to loop around his back. Resting her head on his warm chest. Relishing the sound he makes. ”I missed you so much.” Her blissful thought rang clear to Lincoln. A sign of how deep their connection now ran.

A sleepy chuckle left his throat. ”I’m happy to spend all the tomorrow’s with you. We’ll do great things together.” He rubs his hand up Lisa’s bare back. Loving the feeling of caressing her form. He leaned down to give a kiss atop her pretty head. It’s such a warm and wonderful feeling.

”Hm. You’re pretty much Almighty. So great things are a bit of an understatement.” She thoughtfully teased. His understanding of what he is was miles than what it was a few days ago. He’s still growing and she’ll be there every step of the way.

He gave a soft smirk at that. ”If I’m Almighty. Then won’t that make you my Angel?” Lincoln could sense that Lisa liked that idea. Found is endearing that her brother sees her as an angel after everything she did.

”I suppose it does.” She telepathically agreed. Getting comfier on Lincoln before finding herself finally drifting to sleep. Leaving Lincoln to look at her beautiful, sleeping form. He continued caressing her. Massaging her as she sleep. Making her emit such cute noise in her sleep. She made a pleasurable moan when his hand dipped to gently knead her rear.

”God I love her so much.” His thoughts seem to have reached Lisa in her dreams. Eliciting her lips to twitch into a small smile. At last he let out a deep sigh. Letting his head rest on the pillow. Looking up at the ceiling in peace for several minutes. Seemly waiting for something or rather someone. Because he can bet a lot, a certain Psion was keeping an eye open. Hard not to when he has front row seating after all.

”Aaany minute now…”
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:59 pm
After a deal of time, the phantasmal image of Tulam reappeared for Lincoln, lounging himself on the ceiling as it were the floor. The Psion was greatly amused clearly, hands behind his head and speaking in a rather casual tone, "Have fun with all of that, vessel? You certainly took your time! All the same, I must say... Congratulations. You did it." He took his hands out and started clapping, "Your first loyal slave! This one is bound to you for good now, I can feel it. Such is the joy of the first time you bind another being to your will! You should feel proud of yourself. And I would say you enjoyed it too, based on your mortal indulgence for the last few hours."

He paused for a moment, putting a finger to his chin, and then shrugging, "But I'm guessing from what you said there that you don't really view yourself as a master yet. You and your 'angel' there. But allow me to explain clearly. This is a natural way of the universe and galaxy. Strong psionic beings, like myself, assert their position. Perhaps this may sound objectionable to you, but consider this. That slave there, now that you have cemented her loyalty, can be trusted. Don't underestimate the value of trust like that, it's special. So bound to your will that you need not worry about being stabbed in the back. That's something you can't trust about 'partners'. For in them, there will always exist the possibility they will stab you in the back as soon as it suits their self interest. Partnerships are temporary things without method to fully bind them. I can say this from experience, you know. It's why one cannot trust another Psion! The second they see a way to get ahead, they take it! And I can't even blame them, I'd do it too. It's different with slaves so bound as this one. Look at her, unconditional loyalty there. Lovely thing. That's the goal of any slave master with any hope of long term success. Subordination that both sides know and accept, a special kind of trust and agreement. Don't you see the value there, vessel?"

His tone then changed as he sighed, his tone changing as he altered his approach, "But I suppose I am not here to dictate how you shall go. Not the slaver type, even if you could. You are in the end not a Psion, such a tragic thing. However, vessel, look at your new slave, or angel if you must use such terminology. She's much improved, isn't she? She can now have unconditional trust in somebody above her, and you can keep up guidance to prevent her from falling into the sad stupor she suffered before. If you were paying attention, your other sisters may yet suffer from the same afflictions. Is it not sensible to search out the others and give them that same emotional help? This new family of yours is quite the broken thing based on what I have seen, and here you are with the rare ability to fix that. With my powers, you are capable of taking on the role of... a shepherd, yes. To help escort that lost little flock away from the darkness and back to a nice, safe home. Quite like a duty, really. And we all have to follow through on our obligations."

Tulam then chuckled, and glanced off to the side, "Now then, with your little tumble done, Vixgor still has the card you need. Ready to shield your presence from sight and sense? It's not so difficult, with powers like mine. And I know, you aren't me. If I was you, I would want to me too, I understand! But fortunately for you, I like progress, so I'll grant these powers to you for a while. It's not difficult, all you need do is imagine yourself as a sort of... phantom. A being stepping out of the standard world, tricking minds into simply not acknowledging you. This works very well with organic entities, although less so on irritating fake-creatures like those droids of yours. Vixgor's upgrades may give him the same special sight as the droids, adding another hurdle. But you can hide from that too. When you try to act as a phantom of sorts, also try to feel yourself... stretching. Don't actually stretch yourself, that's dumb, so stop thinking that. But you need to imagine yourself as spreading yourself out over a wide area. Less concentration of yourself and your being, and the less likely mechanical observations will pick you up. After all, it is not true sight. It is merely a sensor looking for things out of place. Become unworthy of note, and you become effectively invisible. This covers all the bases you should need! ...Well, except maybe one. Vixgor can also sense psionic presences. But I'll handle that myself."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:23 pm
Lincoln spent the next several minutes of Psion monologue lying there in quiet introspection. He was looking directly at Tulam on the ceiling. While also at the same time he was watching from above. It’s strange to describe it. Feels like two screens are overlaid on top of each other yet he can make out the details in both clearly. This odd perspective came easily to him ever since he made sense of what is inside of him. It was somewhat relaxing. He let out a breath. Settling his arms around Lisa’s waist. Enjoying how her weight feels on him. Pleasantly comforting.

One of his trains of thoughts were centered on the Psion above him. He generally understood their relationship from the get go so the tidbits on Psion behavior wasn’t too surprising. If anything it made him curious. It then dawned on him how much of an opportunity he has. Here he was with one of Iammelonian greatest mysteries. A boogyman to many. And here he was making sweet love to his angel.

He supposed it just would have been a fool’s errand to expect getting information on his own turf. In the end everything is about Tulam'Run first and first most. Their mutual interests just happen to align. It wasn’t hard to tell what he would be after. He was right. This was a temporary peace. After all, if he wouldn’t trust another Psion then it would be foolish for him to trust Tulem’Run fully no? Regardless, it’s a bit of a shame. It reminded him of one of the reasons he was hesitant to join Apex. Because in that sort of environment it’s the law of the jungle to always look over your shoulder.

Stopping himself from getting too gloomy he let out a joking thought to the Psion. ”When we split up. Give me a ten second lead.” An old racer joke in which the inexperienced driver jokes with the more experienced driver to give him a head start. With that his physical form drifted to sleep. His final thoughts were a split between Lisa’s presence and what the Psion said to him.

One screen faded away. And he was left with the overview perspective. He watches him and Lisa sleep peacefully together. An idea came to him. It took a few moments but both of their dreaming minds became linked. And after feeling around in the reaches of his mind. He and Lisa began to dream of old memories. Those memories were like faded pictures bleached by the sun. That tale's told, the summer's done and never to return. In memories he and his sisters still play on a sunny summer's day on sunlit hills.

With a content smile he metaphorically sat there cross legged. Eyes lazily wandering over the rest of the facility he has been to. Slowly discovering that he’ll be here for a while. Zooming out to have his bird’s eye view be equal to the city skyline he looked around. It was a surreal feeling to see the neon spires of Avalantus from this viewpoint. The first to catch his eye was the movie theaters. ”I always did want to experience free showings.”

Later he would wake to Lisa’s stirring atop him. It was a slow process to get out of bed. For one he couldn’t help but lean down to kiss her forehead. Prompting her to give a pleasant moan as she crawled up a bit to catch his lips. ”Morning, Linc.” When the sensual wake up session passed they headed to the showers where they would take their time cleaning eachother’s body. Exchanging a small tease every once in a while. They tried to keep it a relaxing experience. But it seems some of last night heat linger in them. To put it simply it was a good thing he possessed a secondary perspective. Otherwise he wouldn’t have seen the Hoplites coming in out of concern for them taking a long time in the showers.

Eventually everyone got ready. Lisa had offered to go with him. Having ways to bypass the thing without issue. But to her soon to be cute, pouting face he rejected. He made up for it by giving her a deep kiss in front of the Hoplites when none of them were looking in their direction. It helped that Lisa knew he would come back to her safe so she didn’t put up too much of an argument.

Now, standing in the hall leading to the magical darkness he took a nervous breath. Stepping forward he recalled the Psion’s lesson about how to sneak around Vixgor. Getting to the door once more he could feel the hulking beast beyond it. He stared at the door for a moment. Closing his eyes to think about what Tulam'Run said. It wasn’t too much of a stretch to assume that the Psion was trying to make him reliant on his power. So when they part ways he would be left dry as a fish on land. Even he had to admit that was a good strategy. Whatever his machinations he may have. The main thing is that he can’t neglect training with his own power.

”Be a phantom...Step out of this world.” The background vibrations change their pitch. He took another breath. Feeling the air moving in the vents. He took another breath. Feeling the electricity run through the wiring around him. Opening his eyes he walked forward. Phasing through the doorway.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:52 am
Tulam simply chuckled at Lincoln's thoughts, not offended at all by his realization. His spectral avatar patted Lincoln on the head, "Our little coexistence will last as long as I am stuck inside you, and you thus are required to serve as my vessel as long as this situation is in effect! Once I am out and have a proper vessel back, of course the conditions will shift. Unless you're willing to become my slave, I will be honest and say we will indeed need to rearrange our relationship! As for a head start... Eight seconds, take it or leave it. Then I'll decide whether or not we keep working together or another solution must be done! Either way, I'll be happy to get back to my preferred work, but for now I shall make the best of this. Pay attention well and maybe you'll learn a more worthwhile pursuit in life!"

In the morning, the Psion was silent until Lincoln had gotten back to the door leading into the wing Vixgor was patrolling. Tulam's voice returned as he was preparing, and he began to muse, "Your sister is quite confident, isn't she? Thinking she could get past Vixgor without, hmph. Insulting to my work. You and your family are well modified, vessel, but your sister clearly has not been humbled for quite some time. Overconfidence reeks. So used to being so very smart, able to solve any issue with good old science! I've killed people like her, you know. And recruited others. Necessary in my line of work. It's hard to create slave races by yourself, need lab assistants. She would be an excellent template for one, don't get me wrong. But that belief she could handle Vixgor so easily... Let's just say, vessel, she's lucky you're here. Or else she'd be joining the corpses in this cafeteria. With the other scientist bodies who thought the same. It's the same mortal arrogance that saw Vixgor placed so very close to a populated zone! I told you about that arrogance, and it rears its head again! Make sure to rear in your servant, vessel, or they'll get themselves killed. They're far too used to their modifications keeping them alive. In fact, I am sure the same will be the case with your other sisters. Humble them, do not indulge their arrogance. It's better for them to learn they are still merely mortal." With that, his rant stopped, and he let Lincoln work.

As he passed into the Cafeteria, he would see Vixgor smashing a long table. The Psicrusher was clearly irritated, and then it found a human leg. It picked it up and chomped, blood spraying as Vixgor entirely lacked table manners. He seemed to be searching around for additional scraps, the red cybernetic eye searching around. His loud sniffing could be heard as well, with a low growl following. Tulam's voice appeared again, quiet and cautious now, "Maintain focus, vessel. Stretch yourself, feel yourself blending with the world around you. Little more than a phantom in the wind... Detach from the world and become nothing. Now, what you need should be in there." He was referring to the doorway to an admin's office, which was to the right of Vixgor's position. Nearly within reach of the mighty creature's massive, armor piercing claws. The door itself was handing open, the steel smashed in and the lock clearly long since destroyed. The magical darkness prevented seeing much more, but it could be assumed it was not a big room. Simply an office, which would hopefully have the cargo bay admin card sitting within.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:02 pm
At first the rant annoyed him. He didn’t like the Psion devaluing Lisa in that matter. And then it hit him. ”Ah…” He’s feeling the exact same emotion as Tulam’Run. They’re both prideful of what they have. It made him wonder if this is what a typical interaction between Psions is like. In that light he couldn’t help but indulge in teasing the Psion. ”You’re not wrong. Overconfidence is a ugly thing. Still, I’m surprised you weren’t this annoyed when we found Vixgor. You were impressed that complete strangers tinker with what is rightfully yours. Cut into his hide. Encase him in technology not your own. I may not be an Apex pirate but I do use a word of theirs whenever someone messes up my ride. Dreth von Natash. And if someone were to mess with Lisa like they did with Vixgor. I would have fire in my eyes and revenge in my heart.”

Skirting a good distance around the Psicrusher he gave a good look at it. ”Look at Vixgor. From what I’ve seen I know they’re normally supposed to be purple in coloring. And here he is in such dreary colors. So I have a strong feeling it’s not the color scheme you chose because your preference of color is blue, no?” Coming to the other door after those tense moments. He would silently scour the office to search for the security card.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:04 am
The Psion made a snorting sound, unimpressed with Lincoln's statement, "Clearly, your ears aren't working all too well, or those mortal bed tumbles happened to jumble your mind. The changes made to Vixgor are primitive, yes, but at least they did give improving him a try while I was locked in that tube. I can appreciate effort, its laziness I abhor. Besides, I got the revenge you speak of. Just take a look around at the destruction Vixgor has done. All the bodies, the blood over the walls, the annihilated furniture... Ah the suffering and death Vix managed! I can safely say he's just fine despite my absence. I simply need to figure out how to reassert control over him, it has been a while."

As Lincoln gestured to look, Vixgor's massive form stomped around the room a bit more, causally picking up a table and throwing it to the wall. It shattered like glass from the impact, another wreck for the already destroyed room. He raised his head up and seemed to sniff the air, slowly looking over in Lincoln's direction. However, while he stared in that direction for a few seconds, he seemed to get bored quickly and went off to smash another table. Tulam however didn't care about that small scare, his voice speaking up with clear irritation in his voice, "I'll have you know that my Vixgor has a black carapace on purpose. You think I would follow some dreary format? Tisk tisk. But you are right, they ruined his blue, it's now... Red. Eugh. Roono liked that color, it was a sign of his arrogance. Colors have meaning, Lincoln. They aren't just 'personal preference' as some of you mortals say, they have a point. Because absolutely everything is personal preference. Your favorite meal, your favored hobby, the people you love, your very goal in life... These things are personal preference, but nobody would just dismiss them. Your favored color is an extension of yourself. And if somebody insults your favorite color, they are insulting you. Red is an ugly color for brutes and berserkers. All flash, no thought. Blue has forethought, calm. It's a thinking Psion's color. Hm, what's your favorite color actually, vessel?"

As the Psion waited curiously for Lincoln's answer, he would get into the office without much issue. It was a simple place, just a drawer, a desk with a computer atop it, some chairs, and a portrait on the wall. The portrait showed a proud male Taurus with two kids, standing in front of what seemed to be a rural house. The computer atop the desk had been smashed, as it seemed a piece of debris had slammed into its backside and destroyed it. But the card he was looking for was here, sitting next to one of the chairs on the floor. Presumably, it had fallen out of a pocket.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:38 am
Lincoln may have been a tad smug in having gotten a rant from the Psion. Not to mention that color theory is something he already understood fairly well if his list of paint jobs is anything to go by. Crouching down to pick up the card he mentally chats back to Tulam. ”Red is a aggressive and loud color. So I agree with you there. As for me mmm well I have to say it’s blue as well. It’s the color of the sky I’ve driven and slept under for most of my life. A sky that no matter where I sleep is the same one that I wake up to. Everything is under the same sky as they say.” Lincoln muses. It was a bit tricky to specifically choose because he does like other colors like orange he sees in sunsets and sunrises. Blue and Orange were fairly equal but in the end went with blue. Taking note of the portrait he then made his way back out of the area.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:44 am
There was the clear sense of approval from Tulam as Lincoln spoke, one could imagine him nodding, "Very good choice, vessel! An intelligent choice of color. Orange is somewhat alright as well, but blue is ultimately the supreme color. And as for the bit about the same sky, yes, this is true. Which is really what makes laziness and foolishness inexcusable. What really matters are those who look up at the sky and think, instead of gawk or become consumed by apathy. That separates masters from slaves. I hope I imparted that upon my thinker slaves before we were unfortunately separated. I know slaves, it was my job to make whole species of them! Well, variations usually. Totally new was rarely needed. My lovely world of labs and creation vats! Shame it belongs to another now. Perhaps I should've bred more warrior slaves, clearly needed a bigger army. Maybe I'll tell you the full story of that some other time, vessel." Vixgor was still wandering around in the cafeteria, and Lincoln was able to get away from him without being noticed. He now had the Cargo Bad Admin Keycard, and so could make progress into the Cargo Bay itself.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:53 pm
Eugenics was a subject he has a basic understanding about. Largely from Zantine sources that go over how important it is for them to bring renown and splendor to their dynasty. Talking about how they ensure good congenital traits in newborns and the like. Lincoln doesn’t have much of an opinion on the matter. He hardly ever thought much of it. For that matter he didn’t really think about his own legacy. At least not in a traditional sense. “I’ll admit I’m rather curious about hearing about it. I don’t get why you would get pushed off for doing that. Sure I would wager a guess another Psion got jealous or something but there has to be some sense of general order. The Psions don’t come off as anarchists to me.” His imagination conjured up an image of Artodene and couldn’t help but apply that image to a galaxy level. It looked like a plate of glitter. That thought made him cringe. There was no way they were that much of a mess.

Right?

Making his way back he went to take off his armor before going to the kitchen to loosen up with a drink. Mind you he doesn’t drink alcohol. Just fruit juice. Well there’s another drink he’s beginning to like but he’s not that kind of thirsty yet. Eyeing Lisa who was sitting there at the counter. She wasn’t wearing her usual lab coat. Instead she was wearing a white t-shirt with black slacks. It looked really cute on her. Sitting beside her they shared a brief exchange of chaste kisses. Both happy to be with one another again. Chatting about small things before Lisa brought up a more heavy subject.

“I've been meaning to ask this. Where do you wish for us to go from here? You made it clear you hold no interest in bringing Omnipo back from the grave.” Lisa asked curiously. Stroking his knuckle with a thumb as she held his hand on the table. Lincoln looked into her eyes. It seems like the concept of having a legacy is a common theme today. Not that he minded. He can’t really evade it forever.

“I’m not sure Lisa.” He admits. The concept of a future was a concept he strangely has an issue thinking about. He had met plenty of people who live on the road like himself who are trapped in their own fantasies. Depressed, elderly people who can only see their life for their missed opportunities and regrets. People who never were able to reach their dreams waste their days away in the dirty crannies of society. Outcasts who could never get over their failures. They were a gloomy crowd. But for him, it was hard to describe why he didn’t fall down that hole as far as them.

“A few good men and a horizon is all I have ever needed. Give me a sparrow and a road and I’m set. To drive on for thousands of miles. Experience towns I’ve never been to. Coming across people I come across. Live in their culture and see how they keep their tradition alive.” He supposed he was a worldly person in that sense. Content in being in touch with the world rather than aspiring to be immortalized in the stars.

Lisa let out a soft chuckle. Leaning her chin on her hand, propping her up with an elbow on the counter. “It's amusing. I'm not surprised to see you struggle with trying to find some ambition in your life. That is what sets you apart from our family. Our sisters and I used to have aspirations. In our...home we would have a trophy case. Stocked with medals and awards. In the corner was your cubby. It was vacuous. And it had taken you time to understand that contrary to what you believed at the time. You were utilizable in life. You had positively affected the lives around you and that was as valuable as the trophies in the case.”

That made him a bit flustered. Wasn’t the first time he got told that he had a certain effect on others. “Thank you for sharing that. It’s nice to hear.” The mention of home diverted his train of thought to other things. “I’ve been thinking about our sisters. I...want to bring us back together.”

Lisa gave a slow nod of understanding. “I would have been surprised if you weren't,” She said.

“What are your thoughts on it?” Lincoln asks her. Her opinion was very much valued to him.

Lisa gave him an analytic look. “It would be propitious.” She admits. “The arduousness lies within finding them. None of us kept in touch with each other. Around five years ago I can safely express that we're reaching out to each other for answers. Then we went silent again. I used to keep track of their whereabouts. Some were easier than others. But over time I lost interest in fixating on them. There is one of our sisters that I ken the general area of.”

He raised a brow at that. “Oh? Who is it?” He didn’t transverse through her memories all that much for he was focusing on the general present.

“She goes under a different name in the public but she's our eldest sibling, Lorr Zvonimir. Through a set of unplanned circumstances she became a Warmaster for the Zantine Empire several centuries ago.” Lisa explains.

His eyes fully widened at that. The Zantine Warmaster was someone even the poorest of the poor heard about in some fashion within Eastern Iammelon. As if having prepared for any worries he might have had she continued. “Thanks to her visibility it was rather simple for me to get an understanding of how she is mentally growing. At the time she didn't decline the honor but considering the Emperor himself was anointing her, she couldn't authentically decline. For a long period of time she was her most harshest critic, and still has some tendency to dismiss moments of genuine heroism as self-accommodating poltroonery that implicitly insinuates a great deal of phrenic anguish. Regardless of the fact that Lori ineluctably came to accept her proclaimed heroism. She still cares about her comfort and survival. This is where you could come in.”

He understood what she was saying. It was something he needed time to think about. “I certainly can’t leave her like that.” He says softly. With that thought he steered his mind to an earlier conversation. “Back to our future. What did you have in mind about yourself?”

She gave a light shrug. “I was cerebrating about doing aquascaping. Seemed like an intriguing craft.”

Huh. He could see Lisa being into that. Giving a smile he responds, “That sounds nice Lisa.”

They went back to nonsensical topics. Eventually however he had to go to the cargo bay. He can’t fool around too much. After he made sweet love to Lisa real quick on the counter of course. Later teasing each other while leaving the kitchen. Only getting a reign on their respective heat when a Hoplite came into view. They split up once more. Lincoln getting a squad to go down to the cargo bay to open the door.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 am
Tulam's voice chuckled at Lincoln's thoughts, the Psion's voice responding with the tone of one explaining a delicate matter to a child, "Ah, vessel, you really are still a mortal at heart even with my instructions over our admit-ably brief relationship. Still such a naive thing to think about, borders on a map. There is some order, yes, but not in the way slave peoples like yourself understand it. I cannot blame you of course, you are no ruler! But we Psions are not silly anarchists, those are fools who deny reality. Rather, we are more a system of many, many kings. No Psion would ever bow to another, so... We don't, simple as that. We do not have traditional rulers, as the only time Psions work together closely are in temporary alliances and partnerships, and they are very much temporary. What sensible Psion would keep an alliance going when they are no longer gaining from it? But, in case you have total fear, we aren't lacking in systems your kind would recognize. While no state could ever contain more than one Psion in a place of power, that doesn't mean they don't exist. We Psions do not run our lands the same. Some run Empires, others military autocracies, technocracies, a few run these weird things called Republics, and a rare few are even leaders of merchant conglomerations! Imagine that, a Psion thinking commerce is the most enjoyable thing in life! Crazy fools... Regardless, each realm is effectively a Psion's property, dependent on how they decide to run it. Although I guess I should mention there is a case in which two Psions may work together, a Familial Debt. Psions of course have to reproduce, and so a male and female Psion will meet up, arrange a deal, and then commence the process. A Child from a Psion of course owes their parents a great debt. It is a great expense to birth them and then raise them and all that nonsense... They should always feel grateful we go through such trouble. In these situations one parent will act as a benefactor for the child, helping them to prepare to go get their own realm. Then the Child will repay the debt. Once this is done, the partnership is over, but it generally doesn't end in bloodshed like the other types. No use killing the one you just spent so much on raising after all, and the child is rarely foolish enough to try and strike down their stronger elder." With that, he was finished, and let Lincoln go on.

As Lincoln went back down to the Cargo Bay, his hoplites dutifully followed. They were coming prepared, of course, just in case the person in the Cargo Bay itself ended up being hostile. But they would, as always, follow Lincoln's lead here. As he got back into the control room, the camera activated again and the voice came over, "Ah, you found the card! Here, just open it up. I'll be there to meet you." With that, the voice cut off and the camera went back to its automatic sweeping pattern.

The Cargo Bay Admin Keycard would work perfectly on the locked door, seeing it slide open into a small hallway without another door at the end. That door was closed as well, but that quickly changed as it began to open. Lincoln would then see two figures step in from the other side. It was a Human Male in the armor of an OMNI Protector, only missing the helmet, and then also a female Valorian in lighter gear. They both had their weapons on them, though thankfully not drawn.

The male seemed to flinch at first when seeing the Hoplites behind Lincoln, seemingly instinctively putting his hand on his weapon. He calmed quickly however, and the hand moved away. Instead, he waved, "Well, glad to see you in the flesh! Thanks for that. I suppose introductions are in order. My name is Algrove, a security officer here. Worked in the Cargo Bay, so I've been in there longer than just this lockdown. And my companion here is Silzi, she's also security here." He gestured over to the Valorian, who merely gave a curt nod. He then continued, "So, I don't recognize you, or the types of Hoplites you're with. You certainly don't act like the security uniform you wear, as I am sure I'd recognize you. The lockdown isn't over, so you're not a rescue team. You haven't killed me, so you're not a Union soldier. Who the heck are ya and what are you doing in this facility? You been here since before the lockdown, or after it?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:16 pm
Lincoln gave a mental eye roll. ”I’m not that bothered with borders. You’re talking to a former vagabond here. From my perspective there was no such thing as borders. It’s mostly just the principle of aesthetic to me. I like looking at maps. They tell me where to go or what to avoid on the open road. So it’s hard to see details on a map when it’s cluttered.” He explains his thought process. There was nothing much to say about the Psion’s Familial Debt. It was fairly obvious to assume that Psions would have a different take on family than other species. So who was he to criticize them?

Putting his attention back on the present he gave a greeting smile to the duo. The recognition of a Valorian gave him a micro panic. Taking a quick omnipresent glance to double check if he and Lisa cleaned up after themselves. Thankfully they did. Although he could still taste Lisa’s scent on his lips. At least there was nothing to suggest anything risque. From what little he knows, Valorians can mostly tolerate seeing cis gendered people kiss and hug. Smelling sex on the other hand makes some of them uncomfortable. And given his nature, he doesn’t like making people feel like that if he can help it.

Besides they’re all adults. So he was sure they would focus on the more serious matters at hand than poke at subjects like that. With that thought he gave a wave in return. “It’s nice to see others down here. Name’s Lincoln Zvonimir.” He then rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. “I may have accidentally triggered the lock down when I stumble into the lobby for someplace dark to sleep in. Mostly out of exhaustion to really think where I was going. Simply put I’m a civilian. And from what I heard, this place was abandoned for many years. On a side note, Ironically I’m a Union supporter. But as I was saying, A Hoplite was still functioning. He found me and according to the protocols programmed in him, conscripted me while not knowing a certain big event had happened. At the time I figured alright, alright I can deal with this. I’m a fixer upper so I didn’t really mind repairing the place”

He nodded. Rubbing his chin before lightly shaking a finger. “I just want to say that I hope you were being paid generously, especially hazard pay. In hindsight after seeing more of the place I’m not surprised you acted that way upon seeing me. Or killing those scientists. I would have noped out if my superiors thought it was a swell idea to put a Psicrusher within spitting distance of the front door. By the way, it’s out romping in the cafeteria. Just wanted to mention that part.” He spoke in a sardonic manner.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:31 am
Fortunately for Lincoln, while Silzi gave him an apprehensive look, likely getting the scent, she did not speak up beyond that. It was likely not even down to her Valorian tastes, but more so the fact she got that scent in this situation. All the same, she didn't make any comments. There were more important things to focus on after all.

Algrove raised an eyebrow at Lincoln's claim, although it did seem he didn't really doubt him despite the surprise. He did shrug however, "I doubt you actually caused the lockdown unless you've been here for over three months, which I doubt. Likely you found an entrance which hadn't fully gone into lockdown mode yet, and simply ended up engaging it. The place was pretty banged up after the lizard brigade rolled through and did whatever they did. I was down here in the Cargo Bay when it all happened, so I have little information. I just know the scientists and hoplites turned on us after a while, and me and Silzi were the only survivors in this section. Two of us beat the droids. Anyways, I don't really mind if you're Union or Confie, I just work here. And frankly, I just want to go home, but I've been trapped in here. Now I got my chance for that. So, I don't care what you do here, I ain't gonna get in your way if you want the place."

He then snorted, "Yeah, as if. Standard wages, only the occasional bonus for the danger. Just a job, but one that got stretched too far. Me and the other guards should've dealt with the scientists earlier, it seems. Before they turned on us... And yeah, I know about the crusher. I saw its cell before, just sitting there. Was always weird to have it so close by, even if it never seemed to stir. Just floating in the stasis chamber, I guess I got used to it. But it sure as hell wasn’t natural, very dangerous. Not that the admins cared, they decided it was gonna sleep forever. Based on what you said however, clearly it didn’t! All the more reasons I was justified in turning the turrets on them, eh? They earned it for all the disregard for life they had shown over so many damn years. That Psicrusher was there before I started working here and I was sure it would be here after. A shame it seems to have woken up, but I feel that was pretty much inevitable. It radiated power, even when slumbering... Anyways, welcome to my cargo bay, I guess. Step inside, if you want."

He and Silzi moved back to let Lincoln come in and inspect. He gestured around to explain the area. The primary area was just a massive storage area, with large containers meant to be brought in on cargo shuttles, or taken out on them. Most of the containers were currently empty. But attached to the cargo bay were many other small facilities that allowed Algrove and Silzi to survive so long on their own. They had a security room, which controlled cameras and turrets, but also a small barracks, a hydroponics bay, a small robotics center that managed cargo lifter droids, a small cafeteria, a lounging center, and finally a bathroom. But the final, and most important door, was the one to the actual transport landing center. While the Cargo Bay had all the stored cargo, this was where it actually came in. It was a bland room, with no transports currently inside. Notably its only feature was one massive bulkhead gate, which Algrove began to explain, "That's the way into the tunnels and caves. We can open the bulkhead door now, with access to both the Cargo Bay and its control center. With that key you can open it up. Not that it'll get us out so easily. We'd need a shuttle to get through the tunnels that lead straight to the surface. The various other tunnels lead to other areas of the facility, as well as a system of caves we're attached to. At least it gives us wider access, but there's a problem. I have the cameras, a few of which are actually on the other side of the door and look out into the caves. It seems this facility's lockdown and fall wasn't entirely unnoticed... Pirates. Bloody Apex has set up in the tunnels and caves, I heard their cars out there. They even tried to attack the bulkhead once, but there are also turrets on the other side that fended them off. Those tunnels have ways in and out, but unfortunately that's not gonna be easy at all. I'd certainly feel bad for anybody just randomly wandering along in them and getting blasted down by pirates." 
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:44 pm
The mention of Apex Pirates drifting out there was a cause for concern for more reasons than one. He supposed it made sense. An opportunity to loot Omnipo remains before the feds lock it down is a juicy one to them. Considering the bulkhead is not already opened like someone put a can opener to it he assumes his old friend is not here. Or at least not in the vanguard. Lincoln knows very well what Velocity is capable of with his psionics. A bulkhead and even the finest turrets wouldn't be able to hold him off for very long.

Nevertheless Lincoln wasn’t pleased with the newest development. “This place is a gift that keeps on giving isn’t?” The Cargo Bay rumbled as some shockwave ripped through the tunnels somewhere. He let out a faint groan. “I just had to jinx myself.” Peeking through the bulkhead he couldn’t see anything down in the tunnels yet except for the hot air not billowing out one of the tunnels. The air is practically sizzling. Then another explosion went off in the distance. This time he caught the wave of fire and heat billowing out of the tunnel. But still nothing.

“That doesn’t sound like their rides.” He noted the obvious. For some odd reason he was getting the sense that he should feel bad for whoever the Apex comes across and not the other way around. Then he sensed it first. The footfalls of something titanic in its aura. It felt as if an entire mountain was burrowing its way through the ground toward them. Looking through the bulkhead again he looked down the tunnel that was currently glowing a dull red from the head. Zooming further he saw it.

It strode forth through the molten tunnel. Molten rock drip and slid harmlessly off the person’s armor. The armor itself was saturated in so much arcane energies he can’t even make sense of it. Their helm blaze a corona of power. In its hand was a two-handed warhammer that seemed to be made of arcalite. The head engraved with an astonishing amount of detail.

”That’s Lana!” Lisa suddenly exclaims through their mental bond. She must have felt her as well. ”What’s she doing here? I would have expected it to be Luan as much as I don’t want to confront her. She is just more logical to show up. Lana less so.”

He was mentally shocked a bit. That’s one of his sisters? Her strange armor was big enough that it hid her femine form rather well. ”I take it’s best for you to remain put? Something tells me bad things will happen if you two met.”

Lisa gave a sigh with a mournful edge. ”We’re not the worst pair. But you’re right. She is obviously here looking for something which I’m certain it’s you. Seeing me there will assuredly cause some sort of misunderstanding.”

“Just a hunch. But something tells me we should get a safe distance from the bulkhead.” He advised moments before he heard the turrets on the other side unload their salvo. A blot on the bulkhead began to glow a dark red. Then it quickly seeped outwards til almost the whole gate was a harsh yellow when an explosion rocks through it. In an instant the entire storage area became a furnace as all the trapped heat in the tunnel began to billow into it. The entirety of the bulkhead was gone save for the corners. Ribbons of molten metal droop down to join the very hot puddle of now liquefied metal.

Stepping through the veil they would see her. And the Hoplites start blasting. Streaks of plasma hail on her but bent at the last section. Some sort of invisible shield reflecting them. Hitting things around her rather than herself. He saw her arm flick with the speed of an insect. The Hoplites next to him exploded in shards of metal. It was only he saw the warhammer back in her hand that he realized he threw her hammer like a boomerang that plowed through the Hoplites before he could even blink. Cold sweat ran down his back in rivets.

”Now” The voice that rang from her held the power of the volcano. A deep, metallic voice that obscure her gender. She stepped forward again. The molten remains of the bulkhead at her feet moved. Swelling back up to cover the hole. Rapidly cooling with the heat being siphoned into the back of her armor. Stopping a distance away she looked over to the trio. ”I can sense you don’t want to fight. So let’s not have a pointless quarrel. My business doesn’t involve you two. So. Stay. Out. Of. My. Way.” She levelled her warhammer to point it as Lincoln. ”It’s with him.”

“Me?” Lincoln squeaks out.

”Yes, you. I’ve been looking for you for a long time. And I’m not going to let anything distract me this time.” That wasn’t the most sunny of response. Lincoln looked over to Algrove. Hurriedly handing him his card.

“Here take it. Find a way out of here. You have no obligation to help me. Just get home.” They were strangers after all. So he wouldn't be hurt if they decide to leave him to Lana. Good Samaritans are rarer than people would like to believe. Hopefully they can find some way to get out without the shuttle.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum