Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Taur
Taur
Admin
https://hoshizora.forumgreek.com

Xefr's Adventures: Existential Crisis Pt 2 Empty Xefr's Adventures: Existential Crisis Pt 2

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm
PART 1

The point where we left off our story.

PART 2

As she felt Myst's calming tail Cui turned at the side with bittersweet thoughts coming to her mind. Sensing the oncoming battle she withheld her true emotions, she knew all this was just to prove themselves alive in what was perhaps the final moments of this universe. Quite ironic she thought; two barely alive apparitions trying to defy death! The small azure dragoness however still had enough of a soul to fight for it, and a fight she would give!  ..but as she reaffirmed herself, she quickly realized that now was the time for laughs, dances and joy, something the Hyl could never grasp the majesty of. With that she gave both dragons a bump with her wings in a playful manner and smiled widely "Alright! My little scribe is right. Guardian deserves to know too to get the ceremony ready  ..though I hope he will not take it badly considering my early  ...moves ..heh." And so the three drakes moved on to find Guardian and inform him of the joyous news.

-

Caprima rolled her eyes at the puny mortal before her and his false idea of his soul's power, though that too could come pawy at a given time. She raised her left hand high as her chestnut eyes turned into a blinding white light. Her mouth opened widely with her terrible fangs hanging down like two sabers ready to plunge themselves into fresh flesh "BY SHIVA'S BIND, ALL SOULS ARE ONE AND I SHALL DEFEND THE ALL AND ONE" with one move she crushed her hand on to his paw and the Forbidden shard as he was called, would feel pain, his body crushing on to itself again  ..his red soul bursting out of his newly reformed scales right into the goat demon's mouth   ..she looked different now, quite unlike the frail old kind capricorn in the island. Younger, stronger. She looked at Forbidden's newly formed body from head to paws and smiled satisfied "There you are Xefr my child. I gave you back what was always yours, and you gave me what is everyone's and mine." she looked at the wall and back at the dragon "Remember that until the Hyl are defeated   ..you're bound to me and only when the battle is done you may be free, Xefr Half-Soul. I will set your chains aside now but you will answer my call when I demand your aid." Forbidden could feel it, he was no more bound by this pettyful cage, it was as if the walls could no longer keep him down.

-

Silvi was amused by the ride, coughing up some smoke and playing with her dad's scales not paying much attention to the intruder. Nevertheless her mother was quite not as distracted by Dervis. She stepped right in-front  ..admittedly she was not really that threatening, being quite smaller than a combat drake and especially Dervis  ..though she still was an Atzel and now she had a family to care for.. {"Re'Ni hears. Everything Tec interests, interests self. Now share more than cave  ..hatching can hear as well. So Dervis should be careful on what say in-front of hatching. Self thanks for lenience, but this a great time for Tec, Re'Ni and Silvi  ..so make haste."}
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Xefr's Adventures: Existential Crisis Pt 2 Empty Re: Xefr's Adventures: Existential Crisis Pt 2

Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:04 pm
At Cui's prompting, the group got moving. Xefr was pleased with the seeming optimism from Cui, although knowing their destination in the search to find and inform Guardian, he was also preparing himself just in case. Myst meanwhile seemed a little more annoyed, though thankfully for simple reasons. As they were moving, he muttered, "I'm not a little scribe... I like to think I'm a fairly big scribe. Guardian isn't even a scribe..." Regardless of Myst's jealousy, he still went along with the group all the same. And in order to find Guardian, they would have to go into the depths of Soul's Eclipse, down to the brig. Passing through the halls, past a number of defenses, until they finally arrived at the great reinforced blast doors that sealed the Brig. With the pressing of a few buttons, the gates opened, to reveal the inside.
Very soon after, it would be easy to notice that not all was right. There were three large spheres in here, towards the back. All armored and currently sealed. Only two were inhabited, but both had their displays obscured so what was within couldn't be seen. The third, which was in-between the two cages in use, was empty. However the clear space of the rest of the Brig was host to a battle. There was Guardian, fully clad in his great suit of armor, unleashing a blast of psionic energy at another creature. This being was like a spirit, a great swirling mass of red energy and gas, easily just drifting to the side to evade the attack, with its form resembling a half-formed Dragon. It retaliated by striking Guardian with a lash of its energetic body. Both noticed the arrival of Cui and company, though were still caught up in fighting eachother. Myst and Xefr both recognized the situation, and quickly moved to assist, providing supporting attacks upon the Dark Shade.

-

With the return of his body, and in the painful manner it was restored, Forbidden grunted at the sensation he had not felt in a long time. His body of course was very much bearing a heavy resemblance to Xefr, with pristine black scales and a well built form. The print difference was in Forbidden’s eyes, which kept their signature dark red hue, but a few minor differences existed as well. His scales were sharper, looking completely capable of cutting like knives, and his wings seemed more ragged than Xefr’s. When all was said and done and the soul tax was taken, he spat off to the side, and giving his tail a good shake, “Could you have not found a less distasteful method of doing that? The taste in my mouth is simply horrid. Besides, don’t use that name. Xefr is outside, if you can’t see. I am Forbidden, because what linked me to that name died a long time ago. Now, if you’ll excuse me.” The newly physical Shard sat himself down, watching the situation outside the cage carefully, “I appreciate the liberation but I’ve one more thing to do before I go. Going to have to get the timing right for a proper entrance however, so I’ll wait in here a while longer. Because, unlike you Goat, I appreciate the art of a good impression built on some flair rather than just lies and false kindness. I’ll come when you call, worry not for that. You can leave, just hurry up with it. I’m sure we both have work to do, even if mine is more fun.” He flashed a predatory grin, but then began to concentrate on his plans for saying farewell to the batch of his brothers gathered outside. Though one could see his was stretching his wings, getting back into the form of using them after having missed them so long.

-

Re’Ni’s attempt at intimidation was of course completely ineffectual against the veteran Combat Drake, even with him having been one of the witnesses to her power. Though even if she was an Atzel, he would reveal to her why he remained unfazed, thanks to his own heritage. Still, remaining respectful, he nodded to her, “Do not worry. I am among the last who would like to take away from this moment. But there is something I must say, and cannot wait. I suppose you should hear it as well, so I have no objections in that regard. I promise to keep my language clean in front of the hatchling as well. Now, time to begin.” He cleared his throat in preparation, and then stepped to the side to get a more clear look at Tec, as he was the main person he wished to address. The Shard was concerned about what this Combat Drake has to say, preparing for the worst or some legal implications. But with his family gathered, hatchingling on his back and mate at his side, he had a new sense of confidence, and gave an approving nod to begin.
Dervis, with that sign, finally spilled what he had to say, “Alright, here goes. I go by the name Dervis Goldor, but that surname is ultimately of my own creation. My true family name is Omegan, for I am the son of Xefr Omegan and Viola’ita Omegan, born a hundred and two years ago.” He paused, because Tec was clearly having a hard time processing that, his face that of shock, since that was not a possibility he was ready for. Dervis continued after the small break, after seeing some degree of apprehension on the Shard’s face, “That would make you my uncle, so to say. Your brother, Essentials, that was the name Dad said you’d recognize. He’s the one who told me, and he’s the one I know is my father. I… I wanted to meet more of my uncles. I’ve been disconnected from my family for almost my entire life. And now that Dad finally came back, you best believe I got some interest in keeping my family safe. That’s why I helped before. Sorry if I’m not so clear, this is quite something for me...” The Combat Drake actually looked nervous now, anticipating the response from Tec and his mate.

Taur
Taur
Admin
https://hoshizora.forumgreek.com

Xefr's Adventures: Existential Crisis Pt 2 Empty Re: Xefr's Adventures: Existential Crisis Pt 2

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:24 pm
As the big scribe whined, Cui instantly responded with a peck to his snoot; she adored Myst's foolish jealousy more than anything. Nevertheless that warm moment would soon come to an end when the tragic events in the brig were being unfolded before our heroes' eyes as they moved downwards.
Upon noticing the battle the azure qoatl rolled her eyes and spit a spark at the floor, it seemed as if it was her sealed fate to never get to relax and have a nice time for more than a day. She seemed completely unphased by the fight, looking with calmness and disappointment at the apparitions "Alright, this was supposed to be the best day I would have in ages and you ruined it. You attack my friends and threaten me and my mate. Abyss, you're not even Hyl  ..your tails-whooping comes free of charge."
She opened her wings and snarled at the malformed figures before stomping her feet and rushing against them with her claws. A move however that was merely a distraction, for when she opened her mouth a massive ray of bright light blue psionic fire came out to overwhelm the mysterious enemies.

-

The capricorn was now sure that her plan was heading to the right direction; she may have questioned its success many a time as she trained Xefr, but with Forbidden's blinding ego in her machiavellian arsenal she knew she could not fail. "Watch, and learn."
Caprima flashed a small grin at the foolhardy pompous half-soul before her; So much willpower in such a manipulative mind! "Blissful are the ignorant!" she thought as she snapped her fingers to appear next to Guardian, forming a protective shield right in time to save his wing from a rather nasty psionic burn from an attack that merely crisped the edge of her own fur   ..but also anulled Guardian's own attack.
Now huffing and all of a sudden looking battered by a supposed fight she turned to her student shouting for all to hear "I failed! Do not be alarmed for what will happen next   ...avoid violence and I will keep all of us safe." As the Great One protected Guardian she also immediately forced Cui's psionic fire to disappear in thin air before it could reach its targets, much to Cui's shock and confusion...

-

Re'Ni remained standing there idly, processing in every way what was just revealed. As she did, emotions quickly overtook her. {"..family"} she whispered, gazing now with sympathy at the strong battle drake. Dervis' words had hit close at home; without much thought, she walked forward almost sobbing while her tail begun to twitch anew out of excitement {"Re'Ni knows how  is to lack family"}. But for a single moment she hesitated; thoughts of all this being merely a trap to arrest her and separate her from her hatchling arose as she looked at little Silvi; she begun breathing heavily and trembling. Unsure what to do, she walked forward at the drake, she had chosen Dervis' fate.
Opening her wings wide she closed up to Dervis and engulfed him tightly within her embrace {"Family very important. Cannot deny to Dervis what was denied to Re'Ni. Dervis can be kin  ..if mate agrees."} with all the emotions bombarding her she had a small spasm in her entire body and quickly moved back, holding her left paw over her head and muttering excitedly {"yes, good  ...all is good"}. Silvi seemed rather worried by the behavior of Tec and mostly Re'Ni and directed a worried little adorable screech at her mom, which quite miraculously stopped the troubled black dragoness from trembling and muttering to herself.
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:09 pm
The Shade was all too amused by the new attacks directed at it, preparing its many pieces to evade and counter attack, when suddenly it found itself being protected. Quite unusual, actually making it pause. Cui's confusion at the Great One's actions was present also in all the other Shards, particularly Guardian considering that she was interfering with his job. The Warrior Shard roared out, "Do not protect it! The Shade has to be defeated quick or else it will allow for much worse to arise, now stand aside! I've done this duty many times before!" But while he was preparing to unleash a mighty blast from his mouth, he was interrupted. Alarms started blaring out, filling the chamber with red warning lights. The sphere prison that held the Forbidden Shard rumbled, the glass beginning to shatter as the power within carefully worked to break out. It was in fact slower than it could have been, but this more thematic and slow way of breaking free allowed the Forbidden Shard to revel in the sheer terror and dismay on the faces of all his brother Shards in the room. The Alarm had further drawn in two squads of the ship's Valorian Guards, wearing specialized equipment for just this terrible contingency. They stood behind the line of Shards, readying their weapons despite all in attendance knowing the futility.  
When the reinforced cage finally broke, its pieces did not fly out in all directions like one might expect from unleashing the powerful force within. Instead it all crushed together into a small ball, little bigger than a volley ball. It dropped into the outstretched paw of a now-free Forbidden Shard, who proceeded to toss the metal sphere up into the air and crunch it between his powerful draconic teeth. He dramatically patted his belly before laughing out in malicious glee, "Hahahahaha! What a lovely snack to top this all off. Hello again brothers! It's been a long time since I've been out of my room, so to say, but a hundred years should be quite enough of a rest, wouldn't you say? Oh, and I'll be needing those back!" He slapped his tail against the ground, and suddenly the Shades dissipated into red mist, being absorbed back into their creator as he smiled. Guardian prepared to act, but the Forbidden Shard was not done, his gaze moving right over to Cui and Myst, the two of whom could feel a tinge of darkness descending upon their minds as the dark voice spoke again, "Don't get angry now, Guardian. You'll upset the happy couple! One half-forgotten dead maid and an insecure bookwyrm are going to have a very happy day. Now it's a shame I can't stick around for the wedding, but all that rest means I have some very important business to attend to! Goodbye everyone, leave your excellent retorts as messages and I'll be sure to get back to them later. Oh, and I'm not responsible for any property damage."
The tail smashed the ground again, but this time it did a lot more than make a little sound. The metal beneath the Forbidden Shard was annihilated, making a massive hole straight through the ship's floor, going directly out into space. While the Forbidden Shard gracefully flew downwards to escape, the vacuum caused by this destructive exit was a problem for those still inside. The Shards all had to use their powers to reinforce their grip to avoid being pulled in, particularly Xefr proper as he was the one with a physical body. The ones who didn't have the fortune of being so powerful, those being the poor Valorian Guards, couldn't keep their grip. Most were caught by the first line of Shards, either by magic or grip, but two were missed. One of the two was thankfully saved by Guardian's last second tail grasp, but the final Valorian was propelled towards the vacuum, straight to her prospective doom.

-

Dervis was incredibly surprised by Re'Ni hugging him so tightly, but he wasn't averse to it, smiling a bit as it happened. It had been a very, very long time since he had been embraced in such a way, and he was more than happy to accept it from somebody who was now his aunt. Tec meanwhile, while incredibly overwhelmed by what was going on, was similarly snapped out of it by Silvi's interference. To reassure the hatchling, Tec used his wing to pat her little silver head, smiling as he did so, "It's okay Silvi, your mother is fine. As for you, Dervis... I'd be quite willing to accept you as my nephew. You've helped us before, so I think you're a good person. And like Re'Ni said, we're not in the business of denying family to another. So, uhm, let me try this." Somehow more awkwardly than Re'Ni did, Tec went over and embraced Dervis. Once again Dervis was the larger Dragon, so it was a little odd, but once more Dervis was simply all too happy to have a family to care about that. He hugged back, though was careful not to disturb Silvi while doing so.
The hug broke after a bit. Dervis was smiling quite widely, extremely happy with how things had developed. Tec went over to Re'Ni's side, giving her a wing hug. The Combat Drake smiled and nodded to the couple, "Thank you, this means a lot to me. Now, I should leave you be with Silvi. She and the two of you deserve to enjoy this moment. I'll come and visit some other time."
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum