Hoshizora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:26 pm
Heulyn was rather touched by Sethus faith in her. But understoond his reasoning behind it. Like he said she was very much an outside force. At such a uncalculated piece on some grander board. She gave a nod in affirmation. “There’s a lot of things I want to know. To be truthful it was the reason for my action yesterday was because Menthrais gave me strange vibes when we first met seconds prior before you came to the park. Just the way he said some things...felt off. Like when he said ‘I dare say! It would be quite a change for them to no longer rule’. It just. Came off as weird for me.” She comments as she look up the towering structure above. The architecture was lovely she thought. Admiration aside she pulled her thoughts back on track. “Other than that. As you said some things don’t add up.” Now making the trek up the steps she look over to Sethus. “That said. I’m thankful for your trust in me. I’ll do my part to help you.”
Iammelon
Iammelon
Location : The Unknown Negative First Circle Of Hell (New Jersey)

Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN] - Page 9 Empty Re: Heulyn's Adventures - Arc I: Corner of the Sky [Eteru/Iammelon] [FIN]

Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:13 am
Sethus began to ascend the stairs for himself as well, and there were a fair few of them. Thankfully quite open however, as everyone stood aside for the High Lord and his companion, as any good faithful would. The High Lord was after all a rather sacred individual. Sethus kept speaking as he walked however, smiling to Heulyn, "A good observation there, as that is a very odd phrase. Not incorrect, but still strange to say. It is good you are paying attention, as that will be much needed in coming times. All the same, I thank you in return, Heulyn. I am quite happy to have reliable help in these times, and a bit of trust is hardly a high price for that."

When they finally got to the top of the stairs, and at the great entrance to the temple, Sethus looked around and nodded, "And here we are. This way, the area for mystical crafting is more out of the way than the simple worship and spirit channeling areas. Towards the back, out of the general public location." Sethus moved off towards the left side, instead of heading towards the center of the temple. At the center was a large Anubite statue, towering over the collection of smaller but alive Anubites who were simply praying at its feet. On closer inspection, the statue was carrying a gavel, lifting it up as if about to make a judgement. Other Anubites were instead headed towards the right, where a number of Anubite Spirit Mystics were busy calling the ancestral spirits of visitors, to allow the faithful to speak with old family members. Sometimes they were truly ancient members of the family, called to bring wisdom. Other times it was more sentimental, calling one's dead mother for instance, or even a lost child, which was why crying was a fairly common sound from there. The Mystics had to serve a double shift as therapeutic assistant for these cases.

But the area Sethus was bringing Heulyn to was sealed off towards the side, locked away from the general public. The doorway had guards stationed on it, though they stood aside for the High Lord. Within was a large chamber, illuminated by bright flames of forges. At the very center was an anvil, faintly glowing blue. A figure hammered away at its surface, an Albino Anubite pounding away at a sword.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:50 pm
The repeating sound of the hammer hitting against the heated blade felt nostalgic. Having seen wonderous artisans and craftsmen perform their trade before her. Blacksmithing is one art in percuiler that she felt the closest to. Welding is like sewing with fire. She never held a hammer in her hand in this life. But she had before. The memories come to her as if they were any other memory. That time when she was Hildelith. A Lötun. To them, fire was poison. But she was unlike the rest. Fire does not harm her; rather it enriched her. Rather than using the typical tools of ice and stone. She had discovered the art of metallurgy, first of her kind to do so. In the heart of a volcano she had forged her axe. Imbue it with the volcano’s heart. It feels so long ago yet she could still feel the texture of the handle. The cold steel of it head. She remembers the feeling of forging in itself.

In the here and now she knows the importance of creating an item to channel with. The personal nature that has to be there. Mystic codes in itself can be regarded as an extension of the magi. A metaphorical limb. The irony was not lost with that thought. For the last and only mystic code she made was a gauntlet. Sleek white alloy hammered from the bones of Tiamat’s children and clockwork gear-teeth. She had named it a Key. For she was nothing special as a mage. A third-rate nobody. Her power is not that which stirs the skies, no. She is a conduit for greatness. The whirring mechanism, the lightning-rod, the well-traveled road. The shadow of someone else’s strength. The door to their own glory. How fitting it was for it to be the only true piece of magic she ever made. A Key to her Kingdom.

She kept all of this in mind. Holding on to it sensations. For she assume it was a state of mind she has to be in to forge something. At least that’s what she thinks as it feels like it was something to be done personally rather than for someone to plop it in her hand and that's that. As Sethus said, paying attention is very important. Having observed the albino enough she look over to Sethus. “It’s quite the setup. I’m eager to get started.” She expresses her desire to him. Working with fire always felt natural to her. The licking tongues of heat can at times ensnare her attention. Her affinity to fire aside she pays attention to Sethus. Thinking that he will go over the process of crafting an object to channel with.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:03 am
Sethus stepped forward, turning back to Heulyn to quickly explain, "This is the Temple Forging Chamber. One of many such locations, but very important all the same. Here specially made forges work with smiths both living and spiritual to craft effective channeling items, as well as engrave the Spirit Stones into those items. Spirit Stones themselves are made in other locations, given that they require a different process. But they are components in what is done here regardless. Now, what happens next depends on your own preferences, and then your own abilities. Smith!" The High Lord turned to address the Albino, giving a gesture towards Heulyn and then stepping aside.

The Albino Anubite stood at attention, bowing slightly to Sethus before looking to Heulyn. He looked her up and down, moving to stand in front of his anvil to get a closer look, before finally nodding, "The apprentice you said you were bringing today, I presume. Very well High Lord, I will guide if that is what you wish of me. Now then, Heulyn, correct? My name is Melthanop, this temple's Spirit Smith. I am alive, before you ask, the name is more to do with the things I create. Now then, to start, it is very simple. We must decide what it is you want to create! Spirit Channeling can be done with a variety of items, and in truth the shape matters little. You can make blades, staves, gauntlets, or even armor! Regardless of what it is you do, what matters are materials."

Melthanop gestured over towards what seemed to be a few large piles of wood. They were all neatly stacked as planks or logs, with various colors from vibrant red to dark brown, but all in pristine condition, "Wood is a common material in creating staves for spirit channeling. Of course one might think that is simply because that is what staves are traditionally fashioned from as well, but we have a specific reason. These types of wood are the ones we consider to be the most attuned with the spiritual realm, with traces of life's energy still coursing through them even now. We can utilize that when making a channeling item, allowing life to further guide spiritual energy. Wooden Channeling Items are the easiest to use for that reason, and quite versatile. Of course that does mean they can be fragile, and can be destroyed by either physical threats or even overloading it with power! For that reason, such items are also often not able to carry many spirit stones, for safety."

He then gestured over towards a second storage area. This time, it was a simple vault lay out, with metal ingots neatly packed. There were a few different kinds of metal here, once more very well kept. Each of the ingots also, notably, had a small stamp on them, like a little purity seal, "Metal is the natural next step. Simply, metal can be forged into many more items than wood can. You can go beyond staves, and create channeling items that have more practical use, such as a blade! Now that practical use is assisted by increased durability as well, making them very reliable. The downside is that they are not good channeling items for the inexperienced, as while when we craft them they are fully capable, they do not ease you into it as much as wood that has lived does. But that can be mitigated as well if you bind spirits in spirit stones and then engrave them into the item, and those spirits can then help in the channeling. But there is one more option!"

Finally, he gestured to the last storage place. This is where the spirit stones were kept. Like with the ones Sethus had, they were all very cleanly cut, though not all were orbs. Some were cubes, some as triangles, and some in more intricate designs like skulls or the face of an Anubite. Regardless however, each shape was placed in a pile with the same shape, seemingly important to keep them organized. Their colors varied, but were mostly dark green, light red, light blue, and dark blue, "Spirit Stones are of course very important. But... In some experimental circumstances, we have taken many of the gemstones we need to create these stones and instead create full items. Such as a magnificent necklace or even a ring! Now, this is experimental, as the spirit stones are best used to store spirits instead of directly channeling. But some are quite willing, for they grant the purest connection if you are capable. I know the High Lord has a ring or two along these lines. Now then, Heulyn! What sort of item were you thinking of creating? And any specific material in mind?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:52 am
Heulyn was attentive as she was taken to each storage place. The blueprint already forming in her mind. At first she entertains the thought of making a replica of her first mystic code. But later dismiss it. Feeling it wouldn’t feel the same. As Goljamush would put it replicas are not as good as the original (Despite that replicas can surpass the original but that’s a different argument). So she thought upon the nature of her magecraft. Specifically Mystery and how symbolism itself holds power. It did not take long for an idea to come to her. It was strange at first but the more she thought about it the more she was convinced that it was a perfect mold for her. “It may sound peculiar but I’m thinking of having it be a Torch Staff.” The torch is a common emblem of both enlightenment and hope. As well symbolizes life, truth and the regenerative power of flame. All of which in one way or another she posses within her.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:14 am
Melthanop thought on that, putting a hand to his chin as he considered what she was thinking for, "A torch staff, huh? An interesting choice, but I can see the appeal in it. Holds a good deal of symbolic value. Very well then, we will select the components for a torch staff! Now, that'll combine a few things, I believe. I believe we can make the majority of it out of metal, give it a solid and sturdy build. As for the actual torch portion, we can either use a conventional torch with a metal frame, or perhaps get a bit more special. Some of this wood, when enchanted, can allow any flames set to them to burn forever. Well, unless purposefully put out, but it will be very difficult for wind to snuff the flame, and the enchantment can fuel the fires, giving it an effectively indefinite natural lifespan. With the enchantment on the wood, it can easily be set back on fire too in case it is put out. Yes, I believe I will see to doing that!"

The Albino Anubite walked over to the metal storage, picking out a few ingots of metal to inspect them, speaking back over his shoulder as he did so, "I believe I will use this Rekha-style Steel for the staff. It is light, yet still durable. Should suit a staff quite well. No need to worry about color, as while the base will start clean, it can be decorated fairly easily and given a nice paintjob. And Heulyn, go and grab some of the reddish wood from the pile, would you? It's Freehagony, a favorite of Ialao druids and perfect for the sort of enchantment I have in mind."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:08 pm
She was smiling with Melthanop as he goes over the options. Feeling content in the choice she chosen. There was a strange inclination that someday it could become a Precious Tool (Another term for Noble Phantasm) through her usage with it. Crystallized mysteries that come to be by using imagination and faith as a core. They are the embodiment of the ultimate mysteries of a person that symbolizes one's existence. It’s to be noted of course that this won’t occur for a long time. She knows more than anyone about that long road. But is still content all the same for the fate she had chosen. “Yes! I very much like the idea!” Eternal Flames are special to her for she finds significance in them. That despite the difference in culture and language the message of Eternal Flame tends to be the same. A unifying light of civilization.

Heulyn nods every now and then to show that she is keeping attention to the smith chatter. Finding no issue in the design surely forming in his head. From experience she know smiths have the uncanny ability to know what is best for their client. “Oh certainly!” Heeding the request she went over to the woodpile to retrieve some Freehagony. Stacking a pile in her arms she carry them on over to Melthanop.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:06 pm
Melthanop, carrying the metals he needed, went over towards one of the smelting stations in order to get the metal into a more malleable form. He then took the wood that Heulyn had grabbed and placed it off towards the side for now. He then stepped back as the metal was being melted, and turned to Heulyn, "Now, first thing's first, let's handle the eternal fire! It is a simple enchantment, like so!" The Albino stepped forward, picking up some of the Freehagony and placing it near the burning smelter. He held out his hand, and from the smelter came a stream of flames, swirling around in the palm of the Anubite. He slowly lowered his hand over the wood, and then turned his hand over, the flames then seeming to meld into the essence of the wood itself. The Freehagony became a bit darker, as if it were slightly burnt, but otherwise seemed entirely normal. Melthanop smiled and nodded, "A quick process! By quickly melding the essence of flames into the wood, it becomes self-fueling via the very magical energy that flows through all life, including trees. Eternally feeding the fires."

He then turned and thought, "Alright, next, a mold! Need to determine the structure and shape of the staff, after all. Now then, we'll use some clay for that, come." He moved over towards another store area, where large clay tablets were kept. He went and grabbed one that was rather long, and so capable of holding a staff, and then walked back towards the smelter where the metal was becoming liquid. He looked to Heulyn to speak again, "Now, this is where we'll determine the shape. Needs a large top for the actual torch bit, but a long and thin for the rest. Now, come here. Since this is to be your staff, I want it to be good for your hands. Gotta be comfy to carry, after all. So come here, and form your hand in the shape you would as you were carrying something in it, and then press that into the clay here."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:18 pm
Following along without issue she does as told. Happy to be involved in the process of crafting her own staff. Truly felt honor to have the privilege in doing so. For she is aware of how much of a stranger she is here. Not that she minds of course. Being a stranger was a given to here. That strange other in the crowd in faceless. The little girl with the strange looks and accent. Who eats by herself in the corner as she watches the crowd. It’s not to say she truly see her in this light. Rather she had come to appreciate her role as the observer. Having done so in her CSO years. Strangely enough even her two past lives seem to be drawn to the role of a watcher in their own unique ways. Was that element woven to the rest of her hidden lives? It was a mystery to her. A mystery that she won't be truly solved for a long while. Musings aside she took a bit of enjoyment in feeling the clay against her skin as she presses the object into it.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:54 am
Melthanop smiled as Heulyn pressed her hand into the claw, leaving an indent in the clay that resembled her grip. He stepped over and waved his hand over the clay, not touching it but staying right above the surface of the clay. But where his hand went, the clay was similarly indented, using Heulyn's hand measurement as a guide for creating the base of the staff. With this method, it was very precise, though extended out towards the top it took on the shape of a torch instead. With this, he moved the clay over near the smelter, and allowed the liquefied metal to pour into the mold. He nodded, "There we go, that should make the base. Now then, we have to make this staff your own, and we are going to do that in the best way. While the metal is in liquid form, we are going to link it to your very essence. Make it, in a way, an extension of yourself, which of course will greatly help in channeling through it. There are a few ways to do that, but we are going to use the safest and most reliable option. Please pluck a hair, and drop it into the liquid metal. Then speak your true name aloud. As you do this, I will simultaneously cast an enchantment over the metal to ensure a connection is made. When you feel something tugging at your soul, grab on, and hold tight. Make sense?"
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:09 pm
It does make sense to Heulyn. Having a item to be linked to your essence can make the channeling process much easier to perform. “Yes. I believe it does.” It’ll only be the time after she has plucked a strand of her fiery hair and toss it into the liquid metal that she realizes her error in judgement. What is in a Name? The discussion of personal identity has been the subject of much debate since the dawn of time. To the point of multiple theories being made to understand the philosophy of language that is the proper name, Who am I? Some answers have their own infinity. With no end. And no beginning. Who is she? A being that remembers the lives that came before. She had never seriously thought about that fact. The distractions in her life have truly done well in making sure she does not think about things too deeply.

Does someone like her have a ‘true name’? Does all names have equal value or is there some inner name that can be found within oneself? Could it possibly be even expressed into words? Or perhaps she was over complicating it. Making it one big philosophical problem as a result of her colorful imagination. She always did enjoy to view things in a complex manner. Honestly she felt silly in letting her thoughts run wild. Who is she who stands here. Who is she at the end of the day. Why that is simple she muses. Giving a smile as she speaks out loud in a firm voice. “Heulyn Lloyd!” It did not matter if she posses multiple names or that she was cut off of the family by her father. She did not chose it because it was the name her mother gave her either. No, she said it because it has meaning behind it. It was something that she of all people should know by now. All names, no matter how small, carries a story. A sense of sonder flutter in her chest. Bracing herself to sense the tugging presence to embrace it with all her will.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:49 am
As the strand of hair dropped into the liquid metal, it was absorbed. For a brief moment, it went from steely grey to reflect Heulyn's hair; becoming fire red in a flash before returning to normal. It started swirling to life, rushing about in its mold. Melthanop however was active while this was happening, waving his hand over the liquid, muttering incantations under his breath before lifting up his hand and pointing squarely at Heulyn as she spoke her name. The High Lord, who was watching all this from the side, smiled and nodded in approval as the Amziel said that true name. Sethus, being the one who had actually been inside her mind and soul, had been witness to the many other names and many other lives Heulyn's soul had experienced over its existence. As such, he too was worried about what she would answer as her true name, but it was very pleasant to see her embrace the name fully. Still, he watched with tension for what came next.

As Melthanop pointed out who Heulyn Lloyd was to the metal, the tugging she was told of began. It felt as if a rope was thrown around her very soul, and a mighty hand was pulling it towards the liquid. The metal itself seemed seemed to be reaching out towards Heulyn as well, a small liquid strand lifting up from the mold; coming towards Heulyn like an outstretched finger. However, if Heulyn acted and held tightly for herself, the tugging would seem to subside, while the rope remained and slowly solidified into a solid tether. The liquid calmed, its color now slightly tinted red.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:43 pm
It has been a fun experience so far to be involved with the creation of a mystic code. It was a form of productivity that she had wanted to enac for awhile. She was not the sort of girl to stay in bed rest for very long. The last four weeks were the longest she ever been quarantined to a room. In a way she could understand the desire to be buried in work that her friend figuratively drowned in. To get that sense of self-importance in the universe. In order to feel that what he is doing has impact. That it means something. On the other end she was the more social one. Not to say he did not bond, he certainly did. It’s merely the fact that she puts a decent amount of effort into enriching the relationships she has. As such she grew with the knowledge of forming such deep connections. It was for this reason that she was able to vividly feel the thread loop around her spiritual being. To the point of even feeling it on a physical level. Holding tight she watch the tether before her with rapt attention. She could feel it. The way the heat move throughout the strand. How it began to submerge into her essence.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:58 pm
Melthanop stepped forward to look upon the newly linked metal, seeming to look for any issues or potential dangers. After a through looking over, he seemed satisfied, nodding. With another wave of the hand, the tether faded from view, although it still existed on a spiritual level. It was now a permanent link of her soul to this batch of metal. The metal sadly could not feel joy from this success, but the Albino Smith could! He clapped his hands and smiled widely, "Excellent! Very well done, it seems to have all gone just right, Heulyn! This metal is now linked with the very essence of your being, and it will serve you very well. Far better than any natural material could at least. No replacement for a bit of your soul after all, eh? But I'll calm myself a bit first, as now we have to actually form the staff. Normally this would be a longer process, of letting the liquid metal cool into shape and then making sure it comes out right. However, you are the apprentice of the High Lord, and I do not wish to waste either of the precious time I am sure you are both expending here. As such, I will speed up this process! Although it would be nice if you could lend me some power here, my lord. And you as well, Heulyn. This will take some focus and a good deal of effort."

Sethus seemed to understand where this was going, and stepped forward. He gave Melthanop a nod of agreement, and the Spirit Smith turned back to the mold to get to his work. He sighed a bit to calm his nerves, and began to focus. He waved a finger upwards, causing the liquid metal to begin to ascend from the clay. However, instead of spreading out, it seemed compelled to remain in the same shape it was before. This seemed to be what was expending the most effort of Melthanop, as he was constantly focusing on making sure the shape remained perfect. But as the liquid flew in front of him, the swirling of liquid ceased, hardening back into metal. The metal smoothed out, becoming pristine steel. And so became the clear the metal shaping of the torch staff, although right now it was simply that clean grey steel. He extended his off hand, waving it towards the waiting enchanted Freehagony from before, which lifted up. It was dragged over towards the waiting staff, and slotted itself into the actual torch bit at the top, carefully settling before the metal seemed to extend and grab hold of it, locking it in place. The Albino grabbed the staff from the air, and then nearly collapsed. Thankfully, he had the staff to balance himself upon.

The now exhausted Spirit-Smith, although quite drained, smiled at his accomplishment, chuckling, "O-oh by ancestors... Hah... You know, it's hard to forcefully form materials like that! Not as bad as trying something silly like summoning it from thin air, but still, it drains you. So many little details to keep track of, and a slip in focus can ruin the whole thing! But I will not fail the High Lord! Regardless, here is your staff, Heulyn. It is a little plain right now. How about we spruce it up a little? It'd be easy to give it some nice black or gold trims. A little paint can never hurt in giving something personality! Hah... Agh, I need to sit down after this."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:32 pm

A smile was present on her face at hearing the news of smooth progress. It was always a good feeling to have everything fall into place. “I’m glad to hear it went well! I can certainly feel connection. It’s strong and warm.” It feels different from the other times she had wield items of mystical might. No great rush of power that threaten to overwhelm her senses. No cold, empty hunger that slithers through her circuits as it stares out from between the stars. No illusion of being pulled into the deep ocean, cold and dark filling her lungs. Rather it truly felt like the warmth of a torch in the middle of a snowstorm. A light in the darkness. Metaphors aside Heulyn listen to the Spirit-Smith request. Giving a nod as she reply to him. “Absolutely. I’ll help out as much I can!”

In synch with Sethus she stepped forward as well. Amber eyes rest on Melthanop form. A sensation of warmth would course through Melthanop veins like fire. Its presence would be reinvigorating for him. All the while Heulyn watches on in splendor. When the process past its zenith the presence would ebb away. Having no need to remain. Heulyn hands were clasped together as she beam him an approving smile. Though he would be able to see some concern in her eyes for his exhaustion. She gave a small shake in worry. “While I very much appreciate all that you’ve done I don’t want to be a burden to you. I do like to give it a personal touch, but I value you more. Do you feel up for it?” The last thing she wants is for him to collapse from exhaustion. Even though it was apparent they did the hard part she is that much of an empathic person.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:08 am
Melthanop smiled and nodded, standing straight once more, "I am quite fine, I assure you. I simply have to avoid using any magic for a deal of time, and get some good sleep tonight. But we have gotten quite far as is, so we should not need that any more magic, and so I can go on. Now, come, we must add these personal touches." He moved away from the smelter and the area dedicated to metalworking, and headed into a side room. This location seemed more like an artist's studio, and held within it a number of different things. Arranged here were paint brushes of various sizes, the paint and ink vials to accompany them, small chisels for direct inscription, and more. In addition there was many smaller pieces of metal scattered about, ranging from glowing white to good old gold.

The Alibino Anubite looked around and nodded, “Right, in here I can do quite anything. Add golden clasps, reinforce areas, paint it, add inscribed messages, and more! But so can you, Heulyn. Let’s create a staff that’s entirely yours. So you’ll have to guide me! I’ll do my best to create something that suits your vision. Oh! And do hold the staff, get used to it and tell me if any of it needs additional weighting or reinforcing, since this is a place to do.” He held out the staff for the Amziel to take, a smile on his face.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:01 am
The studio was a bit nostalgic to the young Amziel. She was never an artist of course. That profession belongs to her friend who had been a sculptor. A facet of art that came about from his elemental affinity for earth. Instead the studio reminded her of her servants. Every artist dips their brush in their own soul, and paints their own nature into their pictures. The art produced from her servants were nothing short of prodigious. If there was one lesson that they taught her. Is that the job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery. A concept that is a vital cornerstone for her form of magecraft. So this is very much an important stage for them to get right. An exception that she was a bit worried of not being able to reach it. For as noted she was not an artist. Not even in the current lives that she is aware of was she an artist in the traditional sense. One life she weaves light and color with song. In the other she creates primitive tools. Neither of which marks the box of ever holding a brush. So she’ll have to rely on Melthanop to provide her an artistic perspective.

Taking the staff into her hands she was instantly please in how it felt. Happy she proceed to get to working with the albino anubite in giving her staff a personal flair. Spending a good amount of time in making sure all the kinks in the design were ironed out. Adding golden clasps and overall reinforcing it a bit. Since if there was one thing certain of Heulyn magic style. That it is a cocktail of brute force, fire, and grandeur. So it needs to be up to the task for a long while. Afterwards they reach the stage of painting it which there was two open spots to do so. On the cone at the top and around the bottom. Overall it had to be something symbolic that represent the staff. Whether it may be a script, symbols, or even runes. The latter of which she does have knowledge of. Whatever she chose it needed to be special which was a bit tricky to say the least. In the end she chose to go with hieroglyphs. The reasons being that it gives a sense of origin to the staff and being an old form of writing in general. Mystery accumulates over time and grows stronger with age. So by inscribing hieroglyphs onto her staff she enriches it with ancient power.

At the bottom she would paint white hieroglyphs that would translate into a prayer. ‘Come to me, Thoth, O noble Ibis. O welkin who longs for Khmunu, O dispatch-writer of the Ennead, the great one of Unu. Come to me that you may give advice and make me skillful in your office.’ Trudging through all those volumes have finally paid off at this moment. She had learned of many more Welkin than she had previously contracted with. The Welkin she wrote the prayer for was to Thoth, a Welkin of House Malinaear. The Legends linked in the appendix speak of a tome of magic, wherein all the secrets of the world can be found, where the spells to change the fabric of reality are written, and where the knowledge to master death is inscribed. The legends understate reality. So powerful is this book that the mere flipping of pages sets Welkins on edge. This lexicon was no product of happenstance. Every incantation, every inflection was carefully crafted by a Welkin beyond comprehension, of wisdom so transcendent, he willed himself into being. He is Thoth, the Scribe of Secrets.

If Sethus were to inquire if she has some form of belief for this Welkin she would simply respond that her faith it irrelevant in this matter (Partly due to the convention prohibiting Welkin from responding to prayers outside Ishnar space). Instead she would explain that the importance is in the words and symbolism. Pointing out that in some ways she share elements with the Welkin. So by making her torch staff be a ‘Staff of Thoth’ she deepens the connection with it. It even ties in to the torch being the symbol of enlightenment in some cultures. Overall she assures Sethus the validity of her method of magecraft given he has not really seen it yet. She hasn’t even shown him her summoning process yet as they discussed yesterday.

With the bottom completed the last part was the top which gave a lot of empty space to paint in. Giving her opportunities to write longer hieroglyphs and she knew just what to write. A passage from the tablet of Toth that was also linked in the appendix. ‘List ye, O Amziel, to the deep hidden wisdom, lost to the world since the time of the Dwellers, lost and forgotten by amziel of this age. Know ye this world is but a portal, guarded by powers unknown to amziel. Yet, the Dark Lords hide the entrance that leads to the Heaven-born land. Know ye, the way to the sphere of Arulu is guarded by barriers opened only to Light-born amziel. Upon Nth, I am the holder of the keys to the gates of the Sacred Land. Command I, by the powers beyond me, to leave the keys to the world of amziel. Before I depart, I give ye the Secrets of how ye may rise from the bondage of darkness, cast off the fetters of flesh that have bound ye, rise from the darkness into the Light. Know ye, the soul must be cleansed of its darkness, ere ye may enter the portals of Light. Thus, I established among ye the Mysteries so that the Secrets may always be found. Aye, though amziel may fall into darkness, always the Light will shine as a guide. Hidden in darkness, veiled in symbols, always the way to the portal will be found. Amziel in the future will deny the mysteries but always the way the seeker will find. Now I command ye to maintain my secrets, giving only to those ye have tested, so that the pure may not be corrupted, so that the power of Truth may prevail.’

With the clack of a brush setting upon the table she look upon her torch staff pride and satisfaction. Once the paint was dry she held up her torch staff. Feeling how good it snugly fills her grip. She had her doubts so she was glad for them to be blown away by the end product. “This came out so well Melthanop! I’m very happy with it! Thank you so much for forging it for me!” She expresses her heartfelt gratitude to the albino. Of course she did not forget the one other Anubite to give thanks too. Turning to Sethus with a smile as she holds her torch staff by her side. “I give my thanks to you as well Sethus for taking me here. It was a rewarding experience.” Truly feeling that she had accomplished something for the first time in a long while.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:21 pm
Sethus did indeed inquire into the nature of the inscribed hieroglyphs, given that he did not recognize these particular symbols she was creating. He had heard about these Welkin prior, as they were included in Lady Kissa's mission report, those self styled Gods. He did not care at all for them, as the High Lord did not have interest in those who considered themselves Mirin, and even if they were then that was just greater reason to be very careful about them. In either condition, it did mean he did not care at all for their veneration. That in turn led to the question of faith, which he would indeed put forward. He understood what she meant, although he did put forth another addition. There was a heavy difference in faith in a person, and faith in an ideal or message. A person changes, ideals do not. As such, he added that she could value the symbols, but by attaching the name of a person to it, that was more effectively faith in the person being viewed as an exemplar of the ideal. Which he felt weakened it, as that made a connection of the ideal and the person, who could change, turning the ideal from something truly fantastical and symbolic to something mortal. That was simply how he felt however, and he decided not to push much further. He would relent from discussing why Anubites never abandoned the word "Mirin", deciding that he would explain the importance of the term at another time.

Regardless of that brief discussion during the crafting and refining process, by the end the staff was completed. Melthanop looked it over for himself, smiling and nodding, as he was rather proud as well, "You are quite welcome, Heulyn! This was a nice project to work on, as I have not actually made a torch staff before! I believe it will serve you well, and last a long time as well. But, on that... One last finishing touch first!" He walked over to a wall, and picked the torch hanging from it off. He then returned, holding the torch to the top of the staff where the enchanted wood lay, setting it alight. The fire burned hot red, with a small core of orange, taking up the cone of the torch staff's top. The Albino then nodded once more, "There we go! Now it is truly complete. This was a good project, and I am very pleased to have worked on it with the two of you!"

Sethus smiled at the torch being granted flame, "Yes, this was a good project. You are welcome Heulyn, as I feel this project has helped given you a good starting point for our lessons. But it will serve you well for what comes next, as we have some real work to be attending to. Serious work, and that staff will be important. Keep that flame burning. Regardless, thank you for your assistance, Spirit Smith Melthanop. You have done very well. Now, rest. I do not wish to see a smith of your ability overexerting yourself and putting your abilities out of commission. That would be a loss for the Empire, and I would prefer to hold on to your services for as long as possible." The Albino Anubite bowed his head in gratitude to the High Lord, and then went to follow the order. He did need to rest, and it wasn't like he could refuse an order from the High Lord. Sethus in the meanwhile turned to Heulyn, "Come, it is time to go. We will be visiting another ancestor today." With that, he moved to exit the temple's creation center, their task here finished.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:42 pm
Heulyn did not mind Sethus pressing her about the subject. Rather she seem to be fond of it. Nostalgic even. Discussions about the inner workings of the universe is essentially among her favorite conversation topics. Something which was rubbed off on her from her plethora of amazing teachers. She affirms that there is indeed a difference between a faith in a person in an ideal. But she argues that it is too much of an oversimplification from one perspective. Saying that there is also a difference between faith in the name because it’s a person and faith in a name because of the ideal. A ‘Name’ is a nebulous concept that is interchangeable in it meaning. Meaning that with time, people don’t see the ‘Name’ as a person and come to only see the ‘Name’ for what it stood for. Or in another instance the ‘Name’ simply outgrew a singular person. A fitting example would be the Amziel precursors taking the name of their idol and make it their own. Another similar instance is the Isle of Thoth who the populace don’t even know of the origin of the name. There’s a lot more facuts to the concept of a faith in something but Heulyn caught the subtle signs that Sethus did not wish to stretch this out. Understandable as it would be tactless for them to devolve into a theology lecture out in public. So she cease her thoughts. Noting that she’s open to talk more about this at a later date.

With the end of that fun discourse she turned her focus back to the Spirit Smith. Giving a nod in agreement to his assessment. “I can sense that it will be in my hands for a long time. At a point in time I know it will become a close friend.” She was no stranger to the idea of holding deep sentimentality to an object. Especially to the things they make, such is the way of an artist. Smiling she watch in excitement as her torch-staff was lit. A deep feeling of spiritual warmth bloom within her. Resounding proof that the connection between her and the staff in her hand was strong. “Sethus speaks true. After everything you have done. You have earned a well deserved rest.” She spoke in gratitude. Bowing her head to the Spirit Smith as well. Having accomplished their goal her she goes to follow Sethus out the creation center. Getting into a comfortable rhythm of walking with a Torch-staff. “Hey Sethus I’ve been meaning to ask. But who are we going to see?” She inquires as she ponders on it. Recalling the passing comment that the meeting is something that would require the use of her new item.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:44 pm
Sethus did indeed intend to open up this particular note of conversation at a latter date, since it was something of importance for their mutual field of study. One benefit of this Master-Apprenticeship was that these discussions were, in a way, part of the curriculum. It was important to build understanding between the two of them, and for Sethus as the teacher to be able to field such questions when they were asked. Not to mention, it gave them the time to do so. So, while she could not get her discussion on theology now, she could be safely assured that there would be a time for it and many other talks.

As the High Lord walked out of the temple, and started descending the stairs once more, he nodded to Heulyn, "A good question, given the importance. We are going to try and visit Sucali, who's name I am sure you will remember. The Mad Yuya, as he is known. It is apparently he who has convinced Nerotep of his claim to my position, and therefore it is Sucali who must be interrogated to figure out where this claim is coming from. There are many questions in play here... The first being if he is truly mad, or simply a different sort of cunning and deceitful. Or perhaps both. A fine line exists between genius and madness, and they very often overlap. But this is an odd time to make a claim to the throne out of the blue like that. Thus, I am certain there is more than madness behind this. Something of importance that I will see extracted from that spirit."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:18 am
Heulyn agreed with Sethus sentiment. Not only is their relationship built on understanding but as an apprentice she must always keep an open mind. To broaden her horizons to new perspectives and ideas. Or in this case to come to an understanding of other cultures. It'll be a learning experience to see how a High-Lord handles such dissent in his ranks. And to delve into the mentality of Anubite spirits. As insanity can be very relative. “It’s a very puzzling thing. I just hope we can solve this without the need for violence.” She had her fair share of interacting with servants afflicted with madness. So while she understood the need for caution she is still an empathetic woman. Seeking if there is some part of Sucali that she can reach and come to an understanding. And if possible help him.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:47 am
They were headed back into Yuya territory now, though not the core section they were in before. This section was more off to the side, further away from the River than most of the Linear City. It was more in effect an offshoot settlement controlled by the Yuyas. It was militarized as well, as it seemed the Yuyas did not allow even their less important sections to go without proper defenses and patrols, but it was clearly not a high priority. Still, it was orderly, and it was still easy to access this offshoot via well cleaned roads and passages. Sethus meanwhile nodded in response to Heulyn, "I would prefer no violence be done as well. It is never joyful to raise arms against any ancestor spirits, mad or otherwise. Instead, I hope there is a reasonable explanation for all of this, and through that a reasonable way to peacefully solve this dispute. Perhaps the spirit is simply confused, going through a phase of troubles that we can help with. Or not confused at all and instead misled, or misinterpreted. There are many potential explanations, and many of those do not require violent solutions. All the same, I prepared you ahead of time for good reason. If Sucali is indeed mad and slash or belligerent, we must be ready. Ancestor Spirits of his age are very powerful and very dangerous if they want to be. You do not hold yourself to the mortal plane for so long without a fair deal of strength or some special techniques. Doubly so for a family such as the Yuyas. Warrior Mystics are a terror to the enemies of the Empire for good reason, and the Yuyas are some of our finest..."
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:23 pm
Sethus level of empathic insight was something she was coming to appreciate greatly. Not many would take the time to sit down to understand the reason behind ones madness. While offering madness a seat at the table after it comes barging in unannounced does nothing to change its inherent nature. That she may not come to a sense of communion. In the end she very least wish to empathize with the spirit. There is no right for her to not give him a chance. Not after her previous experience. Such as the instance of influencing a Servant that under another Master would have been a murderous cannibal, but with her she turn out to be unhinged but otherwise friendly little girl. Of course she’s not arrogant to believe that she can truly reach everyone, but it was a principle that she built her worldview on. And she has to live with the choice she had made. But all of that aside. She really does admire Sethus perspective of the world around him. In a way she can feel that he was worthy of the title he carries. It was an ardent feeling to be his apprentice. “I’m happy that we are similar in that regard. Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation. People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. In that regard it’s a wise thing to understand who had wrote his story as a tragedy.” She pauses for a moment before shaking her head. “Ah I’m getting carried away again. I’m suppose to be a student here. What I’m trying to say is that I’m glad that you’re my teacher.”

As she told that to Sethus she felt a chuckle from her spiritual bond with Goljamush. In some ways you have matured. Years ago you spent more time carousing than contemplate the meaning of life. Never were you this wax-poetic. She mentally humm, It was pleasant to hear his voice through their link.

It’s nice to hear it from you. I suppose you felt me work with another to form a relic? She relay the message to him. Knowing it was a simple manner to sense the mana of a Master fluctuate.

That I have. And that’s where your maturity ends. In other ways you’re still the same. A frontline general who despite knowing the risks they are carrying sticks close to the fighting. Do note that I hold no judgement. If you seek to be a torchbearer. To uphold the light of your ideals. Than simply prove it. Show me that you will still go with the choice you have chosen. It was said with finality. That there was nothing else to say. Regardless she was happy and secondly she found him cute. For while he did not directly said it he was very likely watching from afar with a mystic code. Since she never said she made a torch-staff.

Walking alongside Sethus as they made their way down the clean streets she spoke to him once more. “I’m also glad that I chose to come here. Back on... Angelarium I was a wreck. Still am in many ways. I was more confused about where to go next in life. I had other choices than employing for Aztecha. But as evident of what I went to, I felt… appreciative of their purpose.” It was a bit hard to put her emotions into words. As she was still very much coming to understand them. “And through them I learned as much of Anubite culture I could in only a week. I look up other regions of the galaxy of course to get a sense of it all. Talmyrox Shyryen in peculiar. Learning of both the Anubite and Ghashyr made me happy. That the futuristic galaxy is not wholly governed by the cold touch of innovation and/or excessive materialistic wealth. There are still those that hold what I believe to be great values. You have good people.” She smiles. Feeling somewhat good in having said that to put it out there.

“Sorry, I needed to say that. But all of that aside. I’m thankful for you preparing me. Without items my magic, specifically for combat can be a bit volatile.So it’s good I have my torch-staff.” It took a few minutes but she eventually got into a comfortable rhythm in walking with it. “It’ll be quite the first hand experience to meet a Yuya Warrior Mystic. So while I’m ready for what may come, I still have faith that everything will work out.” For even in the darkest of times, her torch needs to burn to bring light to a hopeless universe.
Iammelon
Iammelon

Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:43 pm
Sethus nodded as Heulyn told of her time on Angelarium, something he didn't know too much about but had picked up an understanding over time from Tarset and some notes in Lady Kissa's reports. So he knew about her brief stay at Aztecha and the rather sudden departure from it. He smiled and nodded, "Aztecha is a good organization. One that I and the Empire value, for they are a way of spreading out our pursuit for the knowledge of the past. Not to mention their many museums help to spread that knowledge to others who may not be as willing to do hours of study or go on expeditions for themselves. It's a highly valuable organization for its ability to do that beyond just merely us Anubites." He then chuckled at her mention of the Ghashyr, "Ah, the Talmyrox grabbed your interest? Fascinating that the two you looked to were the Anubites and them, given the history between the Anubite Empire and the Ghashyr. One that started with one of the greatest wars in each of our histories, and then was calm. An eternal treaty that we still stick to, which I suppose does speak to exactly what you said. We have values of honor and tradition, we don't delve blindly into any innovation thrown our way. We think, compare, and decide if it suits our spiritual and moral integrity. We Anubites think long term. For what use is a pile of gold over the course of a century? It is fleeting. But trust and traditions built on powerful foundations last much longer, and will support the Empire far after your or I pass on."

"Yes, it is important to be prepared. I have faith in our capabilities as well. It is a good learning experience regardless of which way this goes, so pay close attention." They were now approaching what was more clearly a tomb. It was a pyramid, although it was a humble and small one. The sandstone that constructed it was slightly darker than usual, but not in any disturbing fashion, although it did stand out. Like with the other Yuya they had met thus far, green inscriptions and orbs could be seen in the sides of it. The gate was mostly closed, although it was slightly creaking open rather than fully shut.
Eteru Zvonimir
Eteru Zvonimir

Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:07 pm
Heulyn gave a smile to Sethus response that she will be a fine student with her mindset. It always felt nice to feel validation that she’s being a good student. “The Ghashyr were one of the main topics that drew my attention.” She let out a slight chuckle.”I did check up what other nation thrives among the stars to broaden my horizon. I read up on the Zantines for obvious reasons given the rivalry between you two is a big deal in Iammelon history , I somewhat liked their cultural aesthetic as it reminded of a few of my old Servants. Granted some cultures remind me of my Servants even yours. Anyway I came to get a basic understanding of the nebula and beyond. A lot of people but that’s a given.” Even now she was still coming to terms with the knowledge of extraterrestrial life and societies. “But out of all of them I became the most interested in the Anubite and Talmyrox. Heheh but if I went by more simpler tastes. I do find a few nations like the Bez to be very… winsome. In appearance I mean” She was being cautious with her word choice. From past experience some of her Servants were not being fond of being called cute despite how much they are from her perspective. And considering how she acted to Tarset when she was in a compromised mental state. There needs to be a restraint on that certain impulse. “But back to what I was saying, a part I liked about the Eternal Treaty was that while your people may put value in history, you don’t let it define you. But remember the lessons to not repeat it and build to a bright future for both the Anubite and Ghashyr.” In a way it was similar to her closely held dream.

Walking up to the pyramid it was one of the things that she found semblance in. The structure reminded her of Ramesseum Tentyris in it overall shape. Though clearly not as grand as Ramesseum. Her admiration of the craftsmanship trailed off at the sight of the open gate. It was a bit odd for a gate to be ajar in such a fortified region of the city. At first she innocently thought that there was a guest inside but her jaded side soon rose the prospect of who would want to spirit that they think is mad. Not only that but it felt that someone was a bit in a rush. For what she has seen so far the Anubites are not the type to be so uncouth as to leave a gate open. “Looks like someone is here.” She stated aloud to Sethus. Still standing beside him. The flame of her torch softly billowing. A bit too slow for fire if anyone was to look at it. “You think it’s safe to go in?” She inquires mostly to validate an inclination she had that morning with the note that they were racing against the clock
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum